Jimmy Carter’s NSA: Hey, let’s shoot down Israeli jets if they fly over Iraq to attack Iran

posted at 6:54 pm on September 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

A stark reminder via Goldfarb that no matter how bad you think The One is, we could do — and have done — worse.

DB: How aggressive can Obama be in insisting to the Israelis that a military strike might be in America’s worst interest?

Brzezinski: We are not exactly impotent little babies. They have to fly over our airspace in Iraq. Are we just going to sit there and watch?

DB: What if they fly over anyway?

Brzezinski: Well, we have to be serious about denying them that right. That means a denial where you aren’t just saying it. If they fly over, you go up and confront them. They have the choice of turning back or not. No one wishes for this but it could be a Liberty in reverse.

Goldfarb in reply: “So conjure the image — the Obama administration sending U.S. aircraft up to protect Iran’s airspace and it’s nuclear installations from an attack by a democracy that is one of America’s closest allies.” Indeed. Why is it, I wonder, that this eminence grise of the left, whose side is forever screeching at the right to stop warmongering and embrace diplomacy, is suddenly ready to start blowing F-15s out of the sky over Baghdad instead of reprimanding Israel diplomatically after the fact? That’s an awfully curious stroke of belligerence given that (a) the IAF would be entering Iraqi airspace to attack not the United States but one of its chief enemies, (b) a successful attack on Iran’s facilities would at least delay a nuclear crisis in the Gulf for a few years, and (c) the only reason Israel hasn’t struck already is because it’s put its faith, very stupidly, in the west’s ability to deter Iran with, ahem, diplomacy. In an odd way, it reminds me of the DNC promising a “rain of hellfire” on critics of ObamaCare while The One’s gearing up to schmooze with the dregs of international autocracy this week at the UN. Our side likes to bait the left by accusing them of weakness, but they seem plenty capable of tough talk and hardline reprisals if you’re an American conservative or Israeli Zionist. Funny, that.

As for Brzezinski’s creepy anticipation of a new U.S.S. Liberty incident, whether “in reverse” or not, Goldfarb’s got that right too. Maybe not for ZB but for many others, that’s not a bug in the plan, it’s a feature.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are many on the left who believe the only way we can ever escape the scorn of the Muslim world is through a demonstration of actual violence against Israel.

Brzezinski isn’t the only one.

HondaV65 on September 20, 2009 at 7:38 PM

AP; good analysis but it is my opinion that our F15s and other tactical air assets would not be scrambled to conduct intercept of IAF attack aircraft unless it was to deliver one thing—strongly worded memos….

ted c on September 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I suspect Allah’s upset about something this weekend…

Steelers lost to the Bears.

oldleprechaun on September 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM

“So why is it that American Jews typically support Democrats? I’m confused.”

I’ve been asking that question ever since I started paying closer attention to politics (9/11). Makes no sense. I have to assume that the American Jewish community is so out of touch with it’s home country struggles that they see no detriment in supporting libs/dims/socialists.

rayvet on September 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Cheshire Cat on September 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Do we need to stand around in a circle and hold hands?

Seriously, two less offense commenters you are likely to find. I think this an example of the terrorists winning.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

At least in part because they’re F15s and not SU27s, I’d guess.

Mike H on September 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Well that will never work. I left out one of the main ingredients.

Round about the cauldron go
In the poisoned entrails throw
Fillet of Charles Johnson snake
In the cauldron boil and bake
Eye of Trout and toe of Kilgore frog
Wool of ding bat and tongue of Carter dog
Adder’s fork and LGF sting
Lizard’s leg and insane asylum wing
Maw of ravening sex slave ACORN shark
Root of Brzezinski hemlock digged in the dark
Upstater and Sven
Now return again!!!

Cheshire Cat on September 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I suspect Allah’s upset about something this weekend…
Steelers lost to the Bears.
oldleprechaun on September 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Ed is the Steeler’s fan. Don’t know about AP.

conservative pilgrim on September 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Remember that description of the Carter foreign policy? To wit, “It may be unwise to be an enemy of the US under Carter; but it can be positively deadly to be her friend.”

They got that the old fashioned way: they earned it.

SteveMG on September 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Steelers lost to the Bears.

oldleprechaun on September 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM

No that would be Ed…

ladyingray on September 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

oldleprechaun on September 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Really? That would upset Ed but I had no idea that Allah could give a flying flip.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I, for one, will miss you in your absence.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 7:36 PM

She’s not going anywhere. lol!

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Poles hate Jews.

Mr. Joe on September 20, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I think this an example of the terrorists winning.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Amen!

Knucklehead on September 20, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Carter hates Jews too.

Mr. Joe on September 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Ginaswo @7:36

Mika’s his daughter? I had no idea!

Small world.

see-dubya on September 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Do we need to stand around in a circle and hold hands?

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I may be losing my touch. If they are not back in 20 minutes we will have to try that.

Cheshire Cat on September 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM

ladyingray on September 20, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Ace had a PDF of the happenings on Friday night–I was at work and didn’t have time to go over the file–will have to look at the banned posters comments….

But as I said, we are all visitors here, I think it would be better to politely ask (email)for the banned ones to be allowed back after a time….

I am making my own protest–I will not respond to crap6,simplesemen, or guppyfish anymore.

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM

oldleprechaun on September 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM

IN THE RAIN–HAHAHA!

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 7:45 PM

It’s your rulz, AP, and if they crossed the line then they crossed the line…but let the rest of us know HOW they crossed the line so we dont eff up too…

ladyingray on September 20, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Sven made comparisons of a current occupant of the WH to Patrick Ewing. On the ‘Watch what you say’ thread, no less.
He’s over at ACE, now.
But like I said on anther thread, what the hell did Upstater do???

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I don’t know who got banned or what for, but if it’s my blog and I’m paying for the bandwidth I guess it’s up to me who stays and who goes.

scalleywag on September 20, 2009 at 7:46 PM

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Too bad that not everyone will take your advice.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Members of the military have the right to refuse illegal or immoral orders and 90% would refuse such an order. In fact, thi could be the very last order Ogabe got to give. Also, a lot of American planes in the Middle East would suddenly have “malfunctions” or pilots woud be lining up for sick calls.

bill30097 on September 20, 2009 at 7:11 PM

The order is neither illegal nor immoral. We might not like such an order, but I’m betting an overwhelming number of pilots would carry out the mission. They’ve sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States and obeying a legal command given by a superior officer is part and parcel of that oath. To not obey is to be like those two or three lefty officers who cropped up under Bush’s watch — you know, the ones who refused to deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan because it was an illegal war?

The Liberty incident happened to a US which was a pretty solid ally of Israel. We took the hit and did nothing. If a Liberty incident happened today, I suspect we would go to war with Israel.

unclesmrgol on September 20, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I, for one, will miss you in your absence.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 7:36 PM

She’s not going anywhere. lol!

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 7:42 PM

She indicated she was going to lay low – in her own phrase, she’d “be unavailable for a long while.”

Whether you or I agree with her decision or not, I will miss her posts, during her unavailable period.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I feel like I’ve missed something.

blatantblue on September 20, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Sven made comparisons of a current occupant of the WH to Patrick Ewing.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 7:45 PM

So what happened? Did Patrick Ewing threaten to sue Hotair for defamation?

Murphy9 on September 20, 2009 at 7:49 PM

If Lox gets banned, I’m outta here.
Then I’ll be back on the streets…
…And I’ll be mad.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 7:50 PM

So what happened? Did Patrick Ewing threaten to sue Hotair for defamation?

Murphy9 on September 20, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Current occupant that’s not a man.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM

What do you expect from someone in a high cabinet position of one of the most racist presidents in the 20th century?

rmgraha on September 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

This entire LGF incident is like the elephant in the room. Ed and Ap’s ignoring and not talking openly about what that creep did is frustrating. Banning some regular commenters because of what that carp did is unfair and seems excessive. Why is the HA community being punished for that carp’s infraction? Doesn’t seem right.

On topic:
Wasn’t this posted yesterday? In the Headlines anyway.

conservative pilgrim on September 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Lox isn’t banned, he’s not feeling too tip top. I know he would appreciate your words of kindness.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Holy moly…. I took a mental health week off from the news and reading posts here… it appears it was the wrong week to do that…

tru2tx on September 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM

“At 81, Brzezinski, an early and enthusiastic Obama supporter…”

Interesting that Brzezinski was an early and enthusiastic supporter of a man with no executive, diplomatic, nor international experience born out of the corruption and graft of Chicago politics…

… Maybe he just hates ‘Liberty’?

Seven Percent Solution on September 20, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Current occupant that’s not a man.

[Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM]

I didn’t know that particular occupant could play basketball that well.

Dusty on September 20, 2009 at 7:54 PM

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Right. Wave to her. High Hornet! LOL

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 7:54 PM

high = Hi

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Dusty on September 20, 2009 at 7:54 PM

In appearance.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking crack/

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM

What are the odds you will hear about this on Morning Joe?

LennyV on September 20, 2009 at 7:56 PM

conservative pilgrim on September 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Stace McCain is reaming LGF out on the hour, every hour. And concerning how much CJ and the lizards hate him, it’s particularly fulfilling.

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM

[Seven Percent Solution on September 20, 2009 at 7:53 PM]

Personally, I smell a whiff of a quid pro quo. Didn’t the Soviets use to send messages via innocuous interviews by putting them in mags nobody reads?

Dusty on September 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Allah and Ed have to do what it takes to keep the site growing is no reason to get your feathers stroked up.

William Amos on September 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM

concerning = considering

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Why is this a surprise? After all it was Ziggy and Jimma that pretty much created the Islamic Revolution in Iran with their policies. So siding with them, Hezbollah and Hamas can pretty much be expected.

I remember right after Clinton was elected I went to a gun show. I saw a bumper sticker that said, “Jimmy Carter is no longer the worst President we’ve ever had.” I used to believe that, but no longer. I think he’ll hold the title unless Obama actually starts imprisoning protesters.

/racism

TugboatPhil on September 20, 2009 at 7:59 PM

unclesmrgol on September 20, 2009 at 7:47 PM

US ships – even, or perhaps especially, intelligence gathering ones – need to identify themselves when they are in the waters offshore a belligerent force during a war.

ProfessorMiao on September 20, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Sweet

I’ve always wondered how the IDF would fare against, say, the 82nd in a war

blatantblue on September 20, 2009 at 7:02 PM

The 82nd is an airborne division, the Israeli Army is Armor heavy. Can you said speed bumps?

No doubt that we can take them, the problem is that is almost the definition of a Pyrrhic victory.

Of course, many of our mutual enemies would be giddy if we annihilate our forces that way.

El Coqui on September 20, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Ahh, the Liberty incident. A tragic, tragic error made in the heat of battle (The Six Day War, perhaps you’ve heard of it?) that is now being used by Nazis and Anti-Semites the world around as a weapon against the Israeli state.

But then again, this dude is Polish and like I said, not exactly a lover of Jews, I’d conjecture.

Those little American Idol morons who read this interview would have no frigging clue what this fella is talking about.

mjk on September 20, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Dusty on September 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Spot on…

… Why are we listening to anything this sagging skin suit has to say anyway?

Seven Percent Solution on September 20, 2009 at 8:01 PM

mask slipped

rob verdi on September 20, 2009 at 8:01 PM

And what percentage of the Jewish vote did teh One get?

farright on September 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Just so you know it isn’t just HA that got attacked. I saw this at Instapundit earlier in the week. Ms. Althouse seems a bit more free wheeling in what she normally puts up with, so these attacks may be another “shut up” tactic.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM

unclesmrgol on September 20, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Never minding the legality, which would be questionable, I don’t believe so.

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

The oath taken by officers does not include any provision to obey orders; while enlisted personnel are bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice to obey lawful orders, officers in the service of the United States are bound by this oath to disobey any order that violates the Constitution of the United States.

MB4 on September 20, 2009 at 8:03 PM

[conservative pilgrim on September 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM]

Talking about it just serves up more fodder for you know who. The man is nuts and people like that are impossible to either placate or run off with words.

Dusty on September 20, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Thanks for that reminder. I knew that was happening but haven’t read McCain’s posts on the subject. I can only imagine the filleting of lizards occuring. Will have to read it.

conservative pilgrim on September 20, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Sweet

I’ve always wondered how the IDF would fare against, say, the 82nd in a war

blatantblue on September 20, 2009 at 7:02 PM

The IDF would lose, but you better f’ing believe that every SINGLE Israeli would rather die than be put under another foreign power. Even the Americans.
Israelis are notoriously suspicious of foreign powers. For obvious reasons.

mjk on September 20, 2009 at 8:05 PM

As Glenn Reynolds used to say, “These people are not against war. They are on the other side.”

Niko on September 20, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Mutiny on the bounty’s what it’s all about . . .

NoDonkey on September 20, 2009 at 8:06 PM

I remember when Israel attacked Sadam’s nuclear facilities. Reagan found out and his first words were, “boys will be boys.”

What’s wrong with America that we could elect a tool like BHO? It’s Friday, but Sunday’s comin’.

Mojave Mark on September 20, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Like old cockroaches, sneaking out for one last trip to the pantry, Carter and his band of morons are bidding the world a final goodbye.

Jeff from WI on September 20, 2009 at 8:07 PM

…the Obama administration sending U.S. aircraft up to protect Iran’s airspace and it’s nuclear installations from an attack by a democracy that is one of America’s closest allies.”

AP found the Meat Quote right there. This is the sick secret fantasy of doddering old antisemites like Jimmuh and his pal Zbiggie: “Just give us a chance to put those heathen joooooos in their place!”

What is doubly sad — and doubly frightening — is that we have a President in Osama Obama who might actually listen to crap like that. In the final analysis, who was it that the Chicago Jesus bowed to? What Middle East ruler/terrorist supporter/Jew-hater did he say he wanted to talk to?

MrScribbler on September 20, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Gutless, timeserving, chairwarmers then.

The enemy is not in Iran or in Israel, the enemy is within and it is extraconstituional.

NoDonkey on September 20, 2009 at 8:11 PM

jeez..upstater and sven are banned we are talking about shooting down Israelis….has the world gone mad?

Terrye on September 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Its an LGF kind of whirled.

Geochelone on September 20, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Dusty on September 20, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Yeah, That will happen. I see it more as setting boundaries and telling someone openly that their behavior was wrong, a violation, and in a predatory manner they took advantage of the situation. It was below the belt. Then we move on. But we don’t pretend it didn’t happen. That’s my view. It’s MM’s site. Her, Ed, and AP make the call.

conservative pilgrim on September 20, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Ok AP– I will stay on topic.

conservative pilgrim on September 20, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Somehow, I doubt that, if Brzezinski had his way, we’d give the Israelis so much as a head-up if “items of interest” were headed westbound out of Iran.

steveegg on September 20, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Its an LGF kind of whirled.

Geochelone on September 20, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I think you may need to visualize whirled peas, my friend:)

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:15 PM

bill30097 on September 20, 2009 at 7:11 PM

As a former crew chief on fighter aircraft, I can think of of few ground crew members who would pull out their red pencils to ground some airplanes.

galvestonian on September 20, 2009 at 8:16 PM

It,s a MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD world

thmcbb on September 20, 2009 at 8:16 PM

… Why are we listening to anything this sagging skin suit has to say anyway?

[Seven Percent Solution on September 20, 2009 at 8:01 PM]

Well, listen to him, no, not in the sense of taking his advice seriously. But know and talk about it, I think it’s appropriate, if only to recognize the possibility that Obama is double dealing with the Russians to leave Israel out in the cold.

Did you see the story on Medvedev saying (either today or yesterday) an attack on Iran by Israel is “… is the worst thing that one can imagine”? Then he went on to say Israel promised not to do so.

Dusty on September 20, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Jimmy Carter is senile and should be institutionalized. The media that give him attention should be his roommates. Brzezinski should be his daughter’s co-chair on MSNBC and let’s have Joe re cooperate on FOX News. He may still be saved. The real question I have is why are there so many Jewish people who are liberals and agree with Jimmy Carter and the left against Israel?

afotia on September 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM

If Obama gives such an order his presidency is done.

The military despises him already, giving an order to open fire on one of our closest allies may spark outright mutiny.

Although, there are ways to avoid immoral orders without confronting the chain of command. There are many ways of skinning a cat. All sorts of things can crop up darn equipment malfunctions (those birds sitting out on a tarmac in the desert take real beatings), pilot heavy sick calls (i hear that swine flu is everywhere), communication problems (darned solar activity plays hell on satellites), etc., etc.

elduende on September 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Libs follow diplomacy when it works to their advantage.
They wanted us to negotiate with North Vietnam while the other side was shooting.
They wanted us to negotiate in Nicaragua because doing nothing would preserve a communist victory.
After WWII Roosevelt gave eastern Europe to the USSR.
Truman fought the Korean War in a way that would not allow us to win. He even fired MacArthur for trying to win.
Johnson did the same thing in Vietnam.
The left was pissed at Reagan for Grenada.
The left would not help the freedom fighters, and even passed a law prohibiting private citizens from helping.
I have not seen a single place where the Democrats did not come down on the side of communists.
If you have, please let me know.

The Rock on September 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM

oldleprechaun on September 20, 2009 at 7:23 PM

LOL! I didn’t notice that before.

Sapwolf on September 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM

MEMO

TO: HA Management

A lot of contributors/posters are concerned about the banishment of a couple of others in the community.

I think that the primary concern is not so much their banishment, but the inability of us who were not privy to the conversations giving rise to same to track back through the apparent thread to find an answer on our own.

I’m sure you had good reasons, it’s your cite anyway, but there are a lot of us who enjoy HA and just want to know why.

Respectfully submitted.

TXUS on September 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM

elduende on September 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Do you really think the military despises him? I would hope so, but how far down in the ranks do you think this feeling would go? Serious question – I have wondered.

mimi1220 on September 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Brzezinski’s comments says volumes of how FUBAR Middle East policy was under the Carter administration. The scary part about this guy is, how did he escape from the loony bin???

byteshredder on September 20, 2009 at 8:23 PM

mimi1220 on September 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM

My evidence is anecdotal but I have many friends and family in 3 branches of the military who tell me so and I also wore an officers uniform so I know what the culture is like and how it responds to people like Obama.

elduende on September 20, 2009 at 8:25 PM

On topic:

I think the whole Carter/Brzezinski thing is simple. I think Carter and Brzezinski see Obama losing ground and want to help him. Which makes sense, because if anyone has seen positive public support turn ugly, it’s these guys. Unfortunately for them and Obama, having such losers cheer his efforts only hurts the cause. And the MSM is just too stupid to realize it.

ROCnPhilly on September 20, 2009 at 8:25 PM

How many hundreds of US soldiers has Iran killed in the last couple years? Does he that even factor a bit?

rob verdi on September 20, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Seems that with all that’s going on in the middle east, the weird-beards getting nukes, appeasement of our enemies, thumbing the nose at our allies, dictators on the rise, Obama,
could the Mayans have been on to something with the 2012 stuff?

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:27 PM

MEMO

TO: HA Management

Respectfully submitted.

TXUS on September 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Agreed, if there is something you are trying to teach, telling all might be a better way.
Plus leaving in place low I.Q. Trolls like AnninCA and Grow Fins seems, at best, self Defeating.

GunRunner on September 20, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Cindy, please tell him he is in my prayers. He was so kind to this newbie late into the night (early morning hours, actuall) when I had first joined. I will never forget his words of encouragement…
Lox–I wish you peace, strength, and a return to health, my friend…

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Poles hate Jews.

Mr. Joe on September 20, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Before you go too far down that highway, consider that the Polish Government preserved Auswitz as a memorial to the dead.

Consider also this.

anti-Semitism on the part of Poles is discussed here, by a Holocaust survivor from Poland.

Combine the two, and you begin to get a feeling of why anti-Semitism exists in Poland — the Soviets used Jewish Communists to control the Poles after their invasion, and the Poles remembered.

The Polish-speaking intelligentsia and those smart enough to resist were targeted by both the Soviets and the Nazis, so anti-Semitism in Poland appears to have its origin not prior to the War, but during the War, as a response to Soviet methods. It should be noted that the Nazis sent many non-Jewish Poles to Auswitz — gays, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Catholics, Gypsies — all were targeted for extermination. The local Polish groups allied with the Nazis were German-speakers desiring union with Germany — not the Polish-speaking majority, who were destined for destruction in the name of leibensraum. To understand this, do a Google search on the term “Blue Police”, and note that these individuals, forced to serve the Nazis under pain of death for their families, included both Nazi collaborationists and people later awarded Israel’s highest Holocaust-resistance award — the Rightious Among the Nations. In reading the Wikipedia article, note the number of Polish awardees — about 2,000 times the number of US awardees.

That said, Poland was the third ex-Communist country to recognize the State of Israel, and one of the first to establish a trade legation

So be careful about painting all Poles with the same brush.

unclesmrgol on September 20, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Lox–I wish you peace, strength, and a return to health, my friend…

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I’ll add my voice to that.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM

HotAir, I remember when you used to be cool . . .

NoDonkey on September 20, 2009 at 8:33 PM

GunRunner on September 20, 2009 at 8:27 PM

You are so right. Especially about Annin. I used to defend her. Her posts take up half the page.
And after that “Reagan was an idiot” and “Clinton was a genius” crap, well, someone out in cuckooland needs to drum some intelligence into that broad’s noggin.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:33 PM

With one of Obama’s advisors, Brzezinski, deciding to ‘take them out of the sky if they try’, how long can it be before a pre-emptive attack on Israel, by the US military under Obama, is considered?

Freddy on September 20, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I suspect Allah’s upset about something this weekend…
Steelers lost to the Bears.

oldleprechaun on September 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM

or a new girlfriend??????

I_C on September 20, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I’ll add my voice to that.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM

What he said. I’d say more but there’s some dude in the other thread calling for folks who go off topic to be banned.

Knucklehead on September 20, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Hornet will be unavailable for a long time…I don’t like the climate right now.

HornetSting on September 20, 2009 at 7:27 PM

So, come hang out at Ace’s while you assess the situation. That’s what I’m doing. It’s a shame to have to leave the excellent community, here, but we don’t run things, we just run under them.

While I’m on the thread, I would just note that Zbig’s advice is moderate compared to Samantha Power, who is in a position of power in the administration, right now, so this sort of idea is not foreign to The Precedent’s mode of thinking. But, this was all very predictable from way back. Israel can look at Honduras and see their future (only it will be orders of magnitude worse for Israel). The Precedent has never done a very good job hiding his motivations, even though many “conservative” bloggers and pundits still seem unable to see what is obvious.

progressoverpeace on September 20, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Dusty on September 20, 2009 at 8:17 PM

To discuss them in intelligent circles raises their voice above the absurdity that they are…

… Would you debate a fool who would argue against daylight while he is blinded by the sun?

Seven Percent Solution on September 20, 2009 at 8:39 PM

ted c on September 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Israel flies both the F-15 and F-16, along with a bunch of other American made aircraft.

BadgerHawk on September 20, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Brzezinski is a tool of the globalists, the CFR, Bildeberg and the Trilateral Commission. His sole purpose in this statement is to continue to stoke the flames of global war. It’s where we’re headed without a doubt. The globalists are desperate for a third World War so they can take advantage of the money to be made in the rebuilding of this country and the world resulting from a WWIII. Look back over the past 300 years and every 70-80 years, a 4th generation has been responsible for a nasty conflict. The American Revolution, the Civil War, WWII and now some 70 years later we’re headed into the next conflict. When the world reaches a certain point of built and financial maturity, then it’s time for a significant conflict to create another period of growth resulting from the destruction of war. We are now living through the beginnings of this next period of destruction and which will start with the inevitable Iran/Israeli conflict.

TheAdmiral on September 20, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Yep. I try really hard to keep an open mind and not automatically reject everything from the left, but they’re completely upside down so much of the time. An example is a pro-abortion liberal I know who calls herself a “peacenik.” I guess she only condones killing people who are innocent and can’t defend themselves.

SheofTwoMinds on September 20, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Brzezinski thinks attacking Israeli aircraft is a great idea. What does he think of Obama selling out Poland?

Jeff from WI on September 20, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I suspect Allah’s upset about something this weekend…

I_C on September 20, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Muslims were planning on blowing the NYC subway system. I’d be on edge, too.

SouthernGent on September 20, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I feel like I’ve missed something.

blatantblue on September 20, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Mee too.

Some stuff happened and a couple of our buddies are gone and many feel yicky about that. The bottom line is that CJ and his LGFers are out to get everybody in any way they see fit.

They want to control not only LGF posters with an iron fist but they want to decide who is linked to whom on other sites as well. Hardly a libertarian fee speech attitude.

Geochelone on September 20, 2009 at 8:44 PM

It makes one understand how those who stood at Gettysburg felt, while they looked across the field at one another.

I despise this man and his former boss, more than any Iranian, any Mullah, any Al Qaeda member, any foreign enemy. Any of them.

It’s interesting and enlightening to gain this perspective.

NoDonkey on September 20, 2009 at 8:45 PM