Quote of the day

posted at 9:21 pm on September 19, 2009 by Allahpundit

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Links to screenshots of yesterday’s LGF attack above. Good night all.

conservative pilgrim on September 19, 2009 at 11:10 PM

This is the first I’ve heard of it, thanks.

The Ace link indicates that an LGF has been removed for HotAir. Good riddance!

Speaking of middle of the night troll attacks, two or three years ago there was one at LGF, targeting two or three people there, (across multiple threads), and they fell into the trap. I told them to stop feeding the troll, and they did, but it wasn’t until the next morning that Charles deleted all of the many offending posts.

I think this puts the final nail in LGF’s coffin as far as I’m concerned, along with all of the group-think going on over there.

FloatingRock on September 19, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Knucklehead on September 19, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Man up my friend. This will pass. No way are they going to steal our thunder and momentum. This is nothing really, small stuff. Baby psy-op thats all.

Perspective. Just think of what others have gone through to preserve our freedoms. We can surely absorb this trivial attack. It will unite us.

There is too much at stake to let our feelings, which are transient, interfere with what is right and good. Chin up and lets keep pounding the living crap out of the enemy.

Geochelone on September 19, 2009 at 11:51 PM

I ve got to say – i am pleasantly surprised – quite frankly Stephen A has come across as a blowhard to me just from watching ESPN – definitely an interesting character, but he can sometimes really over do it.

Stephen A Smith is a walking and talking example of why the Left absolutely FEARS talk radio and why they want to introduce “fairness” on the airwaves.

If a black man can hold political views that are at total odds with those of his white liberal saviors, and finds support for these views from talk radio hosts, the Democrat party risks losing it’s monopoly on the black vote. You dont have to be rich and successful as Smith to be concerned about Government Motors or just about any other crap thats going on.

Stephen A Smith is going to get a lot of heat for this – Dolbermann must already be calling his former ESPN colleagues to put “some sense” into the black man who has strayed away from the Democrat reservation.

Wow. just wow.

nagee76 on September 19, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Among other personal attacks against LGF members, the troll alleged that Charles was gay. So by Charles own logic yesterday, that HotAir is racist as a result of a late night troll attack, (so I’ve heard second hand), then it only follows that Charles must therefor be gay, (since he didn’t delete the offending comments until the following morning!) Homosexuality wasn’t the only allegation, BTW.

(True story)

FloatingRock on September 19, 2009 at 11:55 PM

wow….I’m speechless.

I’m a very strong San Antonio Spurs fan and Smith has always been very hard on them and to me, it always seemed to come back to the fact they were not a flashy, chest-beating team. He’s the world’s biggest Iverson apologist. I honestly felt like his whole world outlook and how he covered basketball was….well, this is shocking. This changes alot in my mind.

Texas74 on September 19, 2009 at 11:57 PM

In Obama’s defense, there are plenty of agitators whose career is based on race baiting. It’s not like there is anything he could do to keep them at bay if he tried.

So I don’t think Obama is at fault. It’s more the liberal machine.

jhffmn on September 19, 2009 at 11:57 PM

He listens to conservative talk radio and knew about Obama’s radical background and thin resume, but voted for him anyway because he has dark skin. Who’s racist?

It’s nice that he’s come to his senses, but it’s people like him abdicating their responsibility to vote for a qualified candidate that cause this mess.

Common Sense on September 19, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Knucklehead on September 19, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Don’t let these nuts get you down. We’ve got a long way to go and I just let this kind of crap roll off my back. I tried to combat the troll so everyone would know what was going on until the comments were deleted. MM is not running a racist blog, I am very confident of that. This kind of stuff will continue the more pressure we put on the left. When the claim of racist is all they got, they ain’t got nothing. We win!

d1carter on September 20, 2009 at 12:02 AM

FloatingRock on September 19, 2009 at 11:55 PM

That is what is mind-blowing. Integrity would suggest the fish be banned at his blog. Oh well, that chicken has flown the coop. I liked the blogroll change here, but the comments about watching the threads especially closely, were imo, heavy-handed.

Still I’m cool with it. I like this place:)

Spirit of 1776 on September 20, 2009 at 12:02 AM

jhffmn on September 19, 2009 at 11:57 PM

“The buck stops here” Harry Truman

chemman on September 20, 2009 at 12:04 AM

This “racist” BS is starting to wear on me, I guess.

Knucklehead on September 19, 2009 at 11:35 PM

It wears on you but the ‘race’ card has been so cultivated and worked so well for the left for so long they instinctively returned to it.

My Prediction: the hardbitten US voters will not be as bovine as corporate managers facing affirmative action, poor community investments and all the rest. The cost was monopoly money and slots in a bureaucracy to them.

To average Americans the stakes are their jobs, their kids’ future and their national pride. The firebrands of the left and the starstruck academic and media mavens should be praying that their hero pulls off acceptable results and changes parts of his routine. If not, he will go down and take them with him. And that is the route He is on. This should somewhat ameliorate your irritation with the ‘race’ nonsense to defend the administration. By the time things go wrong, and they will, people will be numb to it.

IlikedAUH2O on September 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM

He’s a talker. And a good one. Conservatives need more like him. Many, many more like him. Make him the messenger… or at least a messenger. Hannity? Beck? O’Reilly? Huckabee? Put him on.

Griz on September 20, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Peski: ‘I nominate him”.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. He wants someone that is able to do that, he should just look into his bathroom mirror because the man in question will be looking right back at him.

Really great interview. Don’t follow sports, don’t know him from Adam, but he was right on the money. However, I’ll let him give Vick a second chance because I can’t. Can’t get past the dog thing, either. He’s a better person than I am in that regard.

GeeWhiz on September 20, 2009 at 12:06 AM

A good man admitting to his mistakes is an excellent man. I am proud of America after listening to this interview and I have REAL HOPE!!!!!! God bless America and all Americans like this man!

immigrantchick on September 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I think I’m in love.

baldilocks on September 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM

The day the majority of people of Negroid DNA can relate, understand and identify themselves and others WITHOUT reference or even attention to their DNA (”being Black”), is the day I’ll start taking ‘them’ seriously.

Charles Payne, for example, that great guy on FOX who is among the Business Editors there, the guy talks about issues with intelligence and enthusiasm, enjoys himself and other people in the process, does not seem to ever relate by way of his DNA (expressely) or discriminate against others on such, nor romances others be they Black or White based upon them being either/or.

But Payne’s a very rare guy, unfortunately. If 99% (or such, might be 95%) of people with Negroid DNA voted for Obama “because he’s Black” and likely will again regardless of issues and behaviors (any/all), then that’s patent racism BY THEM. It’s like they’re functioning under some sort of hypnosis or illness, unable to think beyond “colors and shapes” and the like.

This guy’s making sense but he remains among those who are captured in “color voting” and I still can’t take him seriously because he is.

Lourdes on September 19, 2009 at 11:31 PM

You take yourself too seriously. It’s not about you.

baldilocks on September 20, 2009 at 12:20 AM

I have a feeling there’s going to be a lot of Steven Smiths out there in three years. Nicely done Mark Levin.

Mojave Mark on September 20, 2009 at 12:26 AM

One of the best interviews in a long time. Stephen A is class act.

truetexan on September 20, 2009 at 12:33 AM

LGF removed from my reading list.

Adios, MOFO.

RedNewEnglander on September 20, 2009 at 12:34 AM

I think I’m in love.

baldilocks on September 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Oh, no, I hope this isn’t going to be an ongoing Allahpundit + KP type of thing. :)

FloatingRock on September 20, 2009 at 12:39 AM

I’m a big Stephen A fan from his old TV show and on 1st and 10 where he occasionally shoots it out with Skip Bayless. He’s really the only who can handle Skip. SAS ripped into Sharpton a while back and I can’t remember what for…

In regards to his political shift; it happens at varying points throughout life over a myriad of issues. Give the man credit. Conservative talk radio has immediately changed many a people. These views were probably always there, but just needed something more.

V15J on September 20, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I hate it when I get a post stuck in moderation in the middle of the night when likely nobody is around to approve it, so self censor it—and the second try also gets stuck in moderation.

Thanks LGF! (You Pieces of S***!!!)

I don’t blame HotAir for being careful, (although Charles is full of C***), but I hope this is short lived.

FloatingRock on September 20, 2009 at 12:47 AM

How does Palin/Smith sound?

lavell12 on September 20, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Anyone else finding people that voted for Obama that already believe its a mistake? B/c my father is one of them and I know a few other people.

lavell12 on September 20, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Knucklehead on September 19, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Evidently, sven got banned today. He’s over at Ace. I don’t know the particulars.

progressoverpeace on September 20, 2009 at 1:32 AM

I’m totally with Mark Levin: I want to reach out to my liberal friends and SMACK SOME DAMN SENSE INTO THEM!

rmgraha on September 19, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I save myself the frustration by not having any liberal friends. Life is just way too short to hang out with people I don’t like.

So, are our comments moderated now? I’m always the last to know what’s going on.

pannw on September 20, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Personally I would vote for Alan Keyes or JC Watts in a heart beat and know in my heart that my country would be safe! They are both black men. So am I racist?

By the way, I’m a real Hienz 57! Got british, german, french, finnish and cherokee indian blood in my veins.

I’m basically a mutt!

Vntnrse on September 20, 2009 at 1:34 AM

I think I’m in love.

baldilocks on September 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM

♥♥♥♥♥♥♪♪♪♫♪ Baldi & Stephen sittin’ in a tree ♪♫♫♥♥♥♥♥♥

Saltysam on September 20, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Quite Frankly Stephen A. Smith is still an idiot when it comes to the NBA. He is the biggest apologist for any NBA star who acts up and misbehaves. Has no one ever seen him on 1st and 10 opposite Skip Baliss??????

alohapundit on September 20, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Color me VERY shocked. I’ll admit, I enjoyed the Cheese Doodles heckling, and I never really liked Smith very much.

He sounds a lot more intelligent in speaking about politics than he does about sports.

iamse7en on September 20, 2009 at 1:47 AM

This happened in 1989: Chairmen of the House Ways & Means Committee refused to meet with seniors so they chased him down the street booing and blocked him from getting into his car. lol

This is going viral. :)

Annie on September 20, 2009 at 1:49 AM

CBS is going to be sooooo sorry they dug this one up – posted on August 10 pre-racist days or should that be post racist…

Annie on September 20, 2009 at 1:53 AM

This LGF stuff is getting creepy. First it was RS McCain vs LGF, now Johnson is attacking HotAir. I don’t get it. Didn’t AllahP and Johnson use to be buddies because of their atheistic stances?

I remember back when Johnson was some kind of hero and all the righty bloggers linked to him. Why would Johnson turn his back on them?

jediwebdude on September 20, 2009 at 2:04 AM

I think I’m in love.

baldilocks on September 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM

FloatingRock on September 20, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Madness or love? ‘Tis all the same.

PercyB on September 20, 2009 at 2:24 AM

jediwebdude on September 20, 2009 at 2:04 AM

I didn’t start reading conservative blogs until last year. His name came up as one of the top blogs. When I went there my first impression was someone paid this guy off. No way does someone do an about face like that without having a major motivator.

msmveritas on September 20, 2009 at 2:25 AM

msmveritas on September 20, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Ah…interesting theory. $$$ over principal would make him a sellout. Wish there was a way to test this theory.

Johnson switching sides doesn’t really matter. Since his 15 minutes in the spotlight, many other Conservative bloggers have come into being and made LGF irrelevant. But his attacks on those who once supported him are serving as a distraction.

jediwebdude on September 20, 2009 at 2:32 AM

msmveritas on September 20, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Agree, he was paid off. I haven’t gone there in about 6 mths and have no thoughts in ever going back. He’s stabbed many in the back – posters who got him started way back when…

Annie on September 20, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Some people get it, others not so much. Sadly as with Mr. Smith, we had to have Obama as president to find out just how bad a president he is. I agree with Joe Pine here, Mr Smith, you should have not voted “historically”, and found out just how evil this man was before you pushed that button. Now you are sorry, but hey, too late. You helped get him in there, maybe you will help get him out.

clinker46 on September 19, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Better late than never. Not that Mr. Smith is a conservative — he’s talking about how the playing field needed to be leveled, but only so that a person, by their own exertions, could improve themselves. Leveling the playing field, for him, stops far short of government ownership of institutions of manufacturing and finance.

I like the guy. While he voted for Obama I respect him, because he understands and sympathizes with the root causes of our opposition to Obama’s healthcare program and Stimulus behavior.

unclesmrgol on September 20, 2009 at 2:36 AM

jediwebdude on September 20, 2009 at 2:32 AM

He might have a dwindling audience problem and what better way to get hits on your blog than turn the rules on the rule master, Alinsky style.

He can’t really have any cred with lefty bloggers and funds for a low level player like him have surely dried up by now.

msmveritas on September 20, 2009 at 2:37 AM

How does Palin/Smith sound?

lavell12 on September 20, 2009 at 1:04 AM

face/palm

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 2:39 AM

You take yourself too seriously. It’s not about you.

baldilocks on September 20, 2009 at 12:20 AM

You’re the only one making this about Lourdes. His point was a good one.

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Annie on September 20, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Sorry I missed your post when I responded. I am positive the guy was paid off. Someone is arguing over at The Other McCain’s that Johnson was always more libertarian and not really conservative. Could be, I have never really read him to say one way or the other. More importantly he had credibility with conservatives and what better opportunity for the Obama propaganda machine to show his influence in changing opinion than have a blogger with conservative credibility turn on conservatives.

The election no doubt drew many to the conservative blogs as it did me. It was off putting for me to see that as someone new to the conservative blog world. I remember thinking about it quite a bit at the time.

msmveritas on September 20, 2009 at 2:57 AM

I’d think about voting for Alan Keyes, but JC Watts is an idiot.

For black “conservatives,” black racial solidarity trumps opposition to leftism

J.C. Watts, a former Oklahoma congressman who once was part of the GOP House leadership, said he’s thinking of voting for Obama. Watts said he’s still a Republican, but he criticizes his party for neglecting the black community. Black Republicans, he said, have to concede that while they might not agree with Democrats on issues, at least that party reaches out to them.

“And Obama highlights that even more,” Watts said, adding that he expects Obama to take on issues such as poverty and urban policy. “Republicans often seem indifferent to those things.”

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 3:02 AM

msmveritas on September 20, 2009 at 2:25 AM

The problem with Johnson is not that he was paid off. The problem with Johnson was that he never really was conservative in the first place. He was a leftist liberal before 9/11 and he’s still a leftist liberal. The only thing that has changed is that now he doesn’t like “Islamo-fascist” terrorism.

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 3:12 AM

In case anyone doubted it Charles at LGF posted this earlier tonight in his thread (of all things):

“Sam Tanenhaus: The Death of Conservatism”
(post 77)

In case it wasn’t obvious yet — the right wing has lost me completely, if they ever had me, which they didn’t. There’s a serious bad craziness on the right. I want no part of it.

My only guess is that Charles was a dyed-in-the-wool NeoCon and supporter of Bush and McCain? And YET, he was upset earlier today because HotAir put him on their left-wing blogs list?!

Skywise on September 20, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Whaaaa, CJ has hurt feelings

125 Charles
Sat, Sep 19, 2009 9:31:08pm
re: #116 Killgore Trout

I’m feeling the hate pretty good myself. There’s a lot of it to go around.

Ace took a little slap at you today. They’re all repeating the lie that I was behind your stunt at Hot Air — and neither Allahpundit nor Ed Morrissey are saying anything to correct the record, even though I emailed them and told them.

Backstabbers? We got ‘em!

CBarker on September 20, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Yep, just like I said.

Charles Johnson was a never a conservative.

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 3:22 AM

I honestly believe that Chuckie of LGF has gone so far over into his twisted mind, that now, I have no doubt that he really wants something very dark to happen to President Obama. The depravity of his posts at LGF seem to be spiralling out of control. I think his degenerating mind tells him that this is the only way he is going to get back the slight appearance of a rational person who has a bit of standing left in the blogosphere.

I think Killgore Trout and Shamu(?) also feel that way. They have had nothing of importance happen over there (except loss of readership) since he lifted the Dan Rather idea off one of his thread posters.

Why else would they orchestrate the very filthy night raids on different blogs?

I may disagree with President Obama on almost all of his policies, but I don’t wish to see anything bad happen to him. Unlike Chuckie, his sickness tells him that his credibility can only be salvaged by harm coming to the President so he can point to all his outlandish and highly inflammatory posts. He is a sick man.

Get some help Chuckie, I seriously mean it, you are a powder keg waiting to set the country afire.

I thought I was finished with Chuckie at LGF, but after I read that he sent one of his servile, fawning parasites (or maybe it was Chuckie who logged on with that account) to give not only this blog, I’m told other sites, the impression of them being hate blogs; I needed to say my piece about his underhanded, vile, sewer-slime attacks on the blogosphere.

I hope I haven’t offended the administrators of Hotair with this post.

Brass on September 20, 2009 at 3:29 AM

Yep, just like I said.

Charles Johnson was a never a conservative.

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 3:22 AM

Then why spearhead the defense for Bush’s re-election in one of THE most important elections for liberals? 2004? Why all the attacks on Islamic Terorism AND hippies (both icons on the LGF’s header that have since disappeared now that Obama is in office).

Sure I could see him as a Hitchen’s style conservative but he’s given up so much conservatism that he’s now just left of a blue-dog Democrat. While NOW talking down Islamic terrorism?! To do a 180 on that in 5 years? Without a statement of rationale which you KNOW CJ would happily opine about himself with?

Ehhh….

Skywise on September 20, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Here is a funny post at thenoseonyourface.com

Is Dan Rather At Helm Of Little Green Footballs?

Also, very funny image at TNOYF.

Brass on September 20, 2009 at 4:01 AM

Glenn Beck Pamela Geller Robert Spencer Tea Party “crypto-racists” Christian home-schoolers Two guys named Najibullah and Mohammed arrested in N.Y. terror probe.
Hmmm. Don’t those names sound suspiciously . . . Belgian?

THE FLEMISH MENACE STRIKES AGAIN!

The Other McCain on September 20, 2009 at 5:58 AM

He is a man of correct opinions. (Although, if you knew of his radicalism, why did you vote for him? I didn’t know we voted on the basis of historicity as opposed to ideology. But, whatever.) More of this, please.

Diane on September 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM

Mr. Smith needs to post ASAP at

Lockstein13 on September 20, 2009 at 7:04 AM

NY TIMES HEADLINE: Sports reporter goes insane.

angryed on September 20, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Alternative NY Times headline: African American support for Obama drops to 99.998%

angryed on September 20, 2009 at 7:25 AM

angryed on September 20, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Okay, now that’s funny.

DrMagnolias on September 20, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Blacks are being used to destroy liberty.

He knows it…

…and more and more are catching on.

Saltysam on September 20, 2009 at 7:49 AM

I think Stephen Smith just replaced Mark Steyn as the object of my schoolgirl crush. I’m sure Steyn will understand….

Around the 5 minute mark, he says something about how he appreciates Obamas “sensitivity, or appearance of sensitivy” to race issues.
Exactly.

CarolynM on September 20, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Hmmm. Don’t those names sound suspiciously . . . Belgian?

THE FLEMISH MENACE STRIKES AGAIN!

The Other McCain on September 20, 2009 at 5:58 AM

LOLOL

Jeff from WI on September 20, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Ehhh….

Skywise on September 20, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Skywise, what did we even know about CJ’s politics at that point in time? We knew little to nothing. That’s because aside from posting links and article blurbs to the latest “Islamo-fascist” atrocity, Johnson didn’t exactly post much else. He certainly didn’t do a whole lot of political commentary. The extent of his blogging was pretty much a link, a quote and a “Look what the Jihadists are up to now…” Only since late 2007 when he started throwing fellow anti-Jihadists under the fascism bus has he begun to make known more fully his politic leanings outside of the “War on Terror” issue.

I suspect he supported Bush in 2004 because he agreed with his neocon Iraq/Afghanistan mission statement. This wasn’t hard for CJ because Bush wasn’t a conservative anyway — he was, and still is, a big government liberal Republican.

You could certainly make the case that Johnson has gone soft on anti-Jihad and hippies in recent months, but that hardly means he’s been bought off. Most likely he’s just headed back to his old ways now that the sting of 9/11 — eight years removed — has lessened greatly in his warped mind.

Face it: this is who Charles Johnson always was. Only now he’s dropped the facade.

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 8:13 AM

progressoverpeace on September 20, 2009 at 1:32 AM

What did Sven say to get himself banned?
I can understand maybe TarCzar, but Sven?
Geez, if Sven can get banned, who’s next?
Seems kinda pointless to go further…

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Looks like CJ and Kilgore Moron have gotten at least a little of what they wanted.

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Stephen A. Smith: who knew?!

Khun Joe on September 20, 2009 at 8:32 AM

John McWhorter: “Color Bind” Yes, some of the Republican opposition to Obama is racist. So what?–The New Republic

A realistic assessment of that question should include a look at today’s teenagers, who will be in their thirties with kids of their own very soon–and whose attitudes on race are markedly tolerant.

That subliminal racism plays a part in some people’s criticisms of our president is being addressed as a problem. I would argue that it is more realistically observed as a fact, one that is unlikely to be completely absent in any human society. We have outlawed deliberate segregation and discrimination. We have rendered bigotry socially incorrect, to the extent that it now lies somewhere between smoking and pedophilia. Can we do more than this? Do we need to?

Dismissing the proposal to admonish Wilson formally for his outburst, Barney Frank quipped, “I don’t have time to monitor everyone’s civility.” Frank is right. …the phenomenon is less a matter of open bigotry than a breach of civility. Who ever thought that all people would be civil at all times? And who ever thought, given the inherent imperfectability of humankind, that racism is somehow different from our other flaws and could be subject to complete elimination?

No one pens doorstop volumes announcing that mosquitoes still exist. We know they do, and we assume they always will, because life isn’t perfect. The issue is how close to perfect we can expect to get. Surely, health care, two wars overseas, and a deeply ailing economy are more important than mosquitoes–or whether some people’s feelings about Barack Obama are less than, yes, civil.

maverick muse on September 20, 2009 at 8:35 AM

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 8:30 AM

So let me get this straight: Because of a couple of dumbwads on another site, Ed and AP get worried obout it, and now we have to walk on eggshells all over the internet?
Someone kindly recommend another right wing site that doesn’t ban right wingers. For contingency purposes.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Brought to you courtesy of the Obama Administraion.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Most blacks on ESPN easily buy into race baiting. This is refreshing!

Grafted on September 20, 2009 at 8:54 AM

I use to enjoy LGF. I didn’t agree with everything on the site but most of the articles/comments seemed fair, balanced and thoughtfully debated.

I posted a comment a few weeks ago calling out Charles on the irony I found with him lamenting about HIS comments being taken out of context on other blog’s vs his recent attacks against “teabaggers” and their signs. I also sarcastically referred to myself as one of the “Angry Mob, etc.”. My comment was deleted and my account terminated. Charles comment was something to the effect of “have fun climbing the castle walls”.

My conclusions:
Don’t poke fun at Charles (no sense of humor).
Charles doesn’t understand sarcasm.
Don’t disagree with the all powerul and all knowing Lizards.
Find sites like Hot Air where debate is still allowed and encouraged!

dddave on September 20, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Geez, if Sven can get banned, who’s next?
Seems kinda pointless to go further…

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Sven, by his own admission, was pushing the boundaries. He was looking for the line and he found it.

The thing is that HotAir is not like other blogs. They don’t get in the dirt with blog wars, etc. It would be satisfying to see AP rip LGF, and nice to not have the reprimand of readers here because of someone else’s crime, but that is not how they roll. Maybe it’s AP’s Christian nature; he lets things roll of his back.

The only time I’ve ever seen this blog get that low was a few years ago when they were taking shots at Coulter in a way that made the reader wonder if it was entirely an issue of market share. It made for some crappy posts and divided commenters for no justifiable reason. Fortunately, those days seem to be past us, so I prefer HotAir’s way of operating now.

Spirit of 1776 on September 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Spirit of 1776 on September 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Do you remember which article was the last one he posted at?
I’ll go back and read his comments prior to the ban.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:03 AM

This “racist” BS is starting to wear on me, I guess.

Knucklehead on September 19, 2009 at 11:35 PM

It doesn’t wear on me, it doesn’t work on me any more either. When someone throws out the “racist” tag it just means you are winning and they are desperate. As far as any heavy handed rules around this house, I don’t really care about that either. I don’t think I have ever posted anything to get banned for, even with the new rules. (actually, these rules have always been in place). If the speech police deem that anything I have to say is taboo and ban me, then this is not a place I want to visit or comment at anyway.

conservnut on September 20, 2009 at 9:06 AM

A couple of years ago, AP did the same thing. There was an uproar at LFG about the Flemish part Vlaams Belang because of their anti-immigrant policy, especially as it relates to muslims. Naturally CJ, being the leftist he is, hated them with a passion and banned people and cut ties with other bloggers with felt differently about them.

What does AP do? He warns everybody at Hotair to not dare say anything positive about Vlaams Belang on this blog. Some do. I remember one poster who merely defied AP to say, I support Vlaams Belang. He, and the rest, were summarily banned.

keep the change on September 20, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Like a good scotch.

TxAnn56 on September 19, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I’m late to the party but,”good scotch” is an oxymoron while “good bourbon” is redundant.
I’m not up to reading all the comments so, if this has been already said,oops.
I personally believe Mr. Smith is not alone in his opinions. I’m sure there are many, of all stripes, who hold the same views but because of social stigma keep their views to themselves or worse yet,don’t act on them in the voting booth.

oldernwiser on September 20, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Do you remember which article was the last one he posted at?
I’ll go back and read his comments prior to the ban.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I think it’s removed from the thread. It was the comment thread about comments [A Note about our Comments] from the day-after the should-be-banned-at-LGF KT drop his load here.

But I didn’t read it here, he was at Ace’s talking about it, in the ONT there.

Spirit of 1776 on September 20, 2009 at 9:13 AM

keep the change on September 20, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I didn’t know that. I must have skipped over that/those threads. Thanks for the 411.

Spirit of 1776 on September 20, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Spirit of 1776 on September 20, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Yeah, OK. I read about one page of comments under that one. Some were pushing it.
Guess I’ll go back and read all of them.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs, i.e. The Little Green Drama Queen

AcronisF on September 20, 2009 at 9:32 AM

But I didn’t read it here, he was at Ace’s talking about it, in the ONT there.

Spirit of 1776 on September 20, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Ok. Just got back from ACE.
Actually, I did see that comment from Sven referencing Patrick Ewing.
I remember thinking, are you insane, Sven? Saying something like that? On this particular article, no less?

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Moderation is nuts, in my opinion. Either moderate by keywords like big blogs do or let it rip. Delete only posts that threaten violence, and turn those over to authorities to keep it honest.

Anything else just always devolves into being crazy for participants. I’ve never seen it work.

AnninCA on September 20, 2009 at 10:05 AM

He’s right. No one is against “assistance”. It’s the “takeover” part that we’re nearly unanimously against.

marklmail on September 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM

keep the change on September 20, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Yep, I remember that. It was a disgrace.

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 10:09 AM

OFF-TOPIC TOPIC:

This infatuation with LGF and it’s demise has gone from sporatic to all encompassing. I understand his place in blog history, but I’m startng to miss the good old days of “hey, guess what Andrew Sullivan said today?”

TOPIC:

Steven A. has always called a spade a spade.Politically speaking, I too was shocked to hear him stick to principles. He was a guest on MSNBC’s Morning Meeting a while back. He went “Scalia” on the panel. Meaning, he took ten minutes of bloviation and white noise and crushed it with one sentence, using the stealth weapon of “common sense”.

Browndog on September 20, 2009 at 10:34 AM

QUITE FRANKLY I am shocked that the Obama administration is thinking in terms of a government takeover of the Cheezedoodles industry.

Sincerely,

Slava Medvedinko

Seriously; newfound respect for Stephen A. I too got my chuckles from the Stephen A Smith Heckling guys, and the sock. Those guys are libs. So I imagine they will be socking it to Stephen A. for appearing on Mark’s show.

Hang in there Stephen A. And take this piece of advice. If you should go completely over to the dark side (no racism intended Jimmah) THINK POLITICAL TALK RADIO SHOW. You’ll clean up.

Good interview Mark!

themistocles on September 20, 2009 at 10:39 AM

WHO IS THIS GUY?? WOW. Very cool interview.

royzer on September 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM

2Brave2Bscared on September 20, 2009 at 8:13 AM

I don’t think he’s been bought off, per se. His past actions are just so far removed from his present politics that I find it hard to believe his ideology has always been “the same”.

Skywise on September 20, 2009 at 11:19 AM

jediwebdude on September 20, 2009 at 2:04 AM

ASS.

Andrew Sullivan Syndrome, that is. A degenerate illness marked by mental inconsistency and paranoia. Pretty soon Charles Johnson won’t allow comments and will start posting self-written email messages attributed to imaginary friends.

Terrie on September 20, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Ding dang ya’ll I’m glad Mark found this guy! I hope he goes into talk radio, or gets more exposure somehow. He needs to think about politics.

Yellowdog12 on September 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM

“Screamin A” rocks!!!

Akzed on September 20, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I have strong resentful feelings about people like Smith, who said he knew of Obama’s stands on issues, but basically voted for him anyway because he was black. It is because of people like him that our country is in this turmoil, and I am angry at those people. Did he think that he would suddenly become a different person with different ideologies? I am from Oklahoma, and loved J. C. Watts and would have voted for him for governor until he said he was thinking about voting for Obama. He lost any support from me forever after that, plus J. C. is a little wimpy for me in his statements. He is a pastor, though, so am sure that explains his manner.

silvernana on September 20, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Thanks Stephen A!!!!! We need people like you speaking up and turning the libs upside down baby and driving them nuts!

ohiobabe on September 20, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Left going forward

tomas on September 20, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I have strong resentful feelings about people like Smith
I understand what you are saying but at the same time I’m glad he woke up!My problem is with Watts ,who if he is a pastor,voting for obama with the man’s stand on infanticide and abortion?!!That is inconcievable!

ohiobabe on September 20, 2009 at 1:15 PM

V15J on September 20, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I fully agree with you. I am one of those who had a major political/ideological shift recently. Having an “awakening” was good in the sense that I research the issues thoroughly and skeptically, and check the premise repeatedly in order to make sure I’m in agreement or not. Having experienced “the other side” helps to differentiate what’s posturing and what is rational truth.

EarthToZoey on September 20, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Anyone interested in the HA/LGF dustup can read about it here. All the details come out in the comments – a long and entertaining read.

RushBaby on September 20, 2009 at 3:04 PM

AcronisF on September 20, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Yo, thanks for the link. I was very well done; and the fact that it makes Chuckles look like a fool had absolutely nothing to do with my exuberantly favorable opinion of such a masterly written piece of fine literature such as mine eyes have never seen.

Geochelone on September 20, 2009 at 4:46 PM

AcronisF on September 20, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Yo, thanks for the link. It was very well done; and the fact that it makes Chuckles look like a fool had absolutely nothing to do with my exuberantly favorable opinion of such a masterly written piece of fine literature such as mine eyes have never seen.

Here is the link this time.

Geochelone on September 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM

If you want to see how far Chuckles the Dancing Clown has descended now, he’s seen fit to attack Rush Limbaugh for an obviously satirical take on the school bus violence that has been in the news lately. I’m not a big fan of Limbaugh as his shtick is a little old for me, but it was blatantly obvious that it was satire. Johnson either took this seriously, or thinks an attack on Limbaugh will get him some much needed traffic for his blog. Either way, there’s some madness that has afflicted Johnson.

john1schn on September 20, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Wow, knock me over with a feather. Never thought I’d hear that. I have a different opinion of him now.

Sam_I_Am on September 20, 2009 at 6:33 PM