Media Matters: This right-wing frenzy is reminiscent of Dallas 1963

posted at 9:30 pm on September 18, 2009 by Allahpundit

Uh huh. And we all remember what happened when a certain radical right-winger — who defected to the Soviet Union, married a Russian woman, and tried to assassinate a far-right anti-communist American general — got JFK in the crosshairs in Dallas. Why, it reminds me of what happened when radical left-winger Timothy McVeigh finally executed his plot against the Murrah building in Oklahoma City.

Follow the link to Media Matters and you’ll search in vain for any mention of the name of the man who pulled the trigger on November 22, which leads me to believe either (a) Eric Boehlert is a Kennedy assassination conspiracy theorist or (b) Eric Boehlert is in the habit of hiding inconvenient facts from his audience, which, if true, makes him a perfectly mainstream Media Matters employee. For the record, I think Kaus is totally right that Glenn Beck should tone down the apocalyptic/coup rhetoric, but that doesn’t give me the right to paint revisionist portraits of the political sympathies of presidential assassins. Evidently the rules are different for the Brock bunch. Um, why?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

And exactly who benefited by the assassinations of great American politicians during the 1960s?

Progressive Leftists leading us into the Great State Welfare Society and those who perverted Martin Luther King’s Civil Rights leadership into the Black Panthers and Liberation Theology.

So go figure who set up the kills in order to usurp power and pervert authority. Red rum, smothered with “best of intentions” isn’t limited to any decade. Those marketing red rum are not limited today to Media Matters, Daily Kos or MSNBC, given that the promotional advertising comes from this administration and its Congressional Democrat leadership.

Eschew the frenzied red rum rhetoric along with thuggish enablers of corruption. This perversion of civility not only trickles poverty of gentility down, but acts as a trickle up poverty measure as well.

We must stand to protect our Constitutional Rights, or witness their dissolution along with the end of our own existence. Conservatism preserves the best that is proven, including the liberty of free speech and the right to bear arms. But free speech does not protect the liar from facing the truth; nor does the right to bear arms protect the thug from prosecution, sentencing and penalty of punishment for terrorizing or injuring peaceful demonstrators or opponents.

maverick muse on September 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM

P.S. As long as we are talking about accuracy, a correction of my previous post: When Dan White took his own life in 1985, he was no longer on parole; he had already served his parole time in Southern California without incident and returned a legally free man to San Francisco despite the wishes of Dianne Feinstein, who had as the President of the Board of Supervisors instantly became Mayor upon Moscone’s 1978 slaying.

L.N. Smithee on September 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM

But the number of times these people bring this up, you would think they were hoping he would get assassinated.

Hope on September 19, 2009 at 5:24 AM

Think about it. How many attempts have there been since 1963? So why compare to then? The killer was a commie, far from right wing. So again that’s not accurate.

So why compare the two at all?

To the author, he is seeing JFK’s assassination and thinking that’s what Obama’s would be like. Maybe he really does fear right wing. But he is picturing some Camelot type fantasy with Obama. Where the nation remembers exactly where they were at the moment, and the entire country comes together. If we all come together against the crazy right wingers, all the better.

So yeah, I think they are projecting their sick twisted fantasies onto us.

jhffmn on September 19, 2009 at 10:35 AM

What disturbs me (and forgive me if I am repeating others, as I haven’t read all the comments) is that this talk of JFK’s assassination and Nancy’s fears of violence feels like a coordinated setup. Remember in August when the DNC started talking about angry mobs, then the unions showed up and made sure that the violence ensued. It was a setup. Fortunately, enough people saw through it. This just feels the same… and it makes me extremely uneasy.

drocity on September 19, 2009 at 10:39 AM

And for the record, I do not want or even wish harm on the President. I disagree with his policies in the strongest terms and would love to see him forced to account for the corruption and incompetence in his administration. Would I be unhappy if he were to be forced to resign? No. But I do not wish any physical harm on him, personally.

drocity on September 19, 2009 at 10:42 AM

We can agree history repeats itself for a reason. As our lifeline to the past and guide to the future, history documents our triumphs and mistakes. The nature of man is to replicate what is good to make it better, and avoid mistakes. However, to learn from our mistakes we must unfortunately make them.

Considering the following elements of our history; culture, the economy, technologies, and politics and then examining the time-lines of our four U.S. Presidential assassinations, history is about to repeat itself. Hopefully we can lean to prevent such outcomes now or in the future.

MSGTAS on September 19, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Wow. I’m not only a Racist…now I’m a Communist Loving, Sharp Shooting, Assassin.

More for the Resume.

PappaMac on September 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Nobody’s going to shoot Obama. We want him whole and healthy for his crushing defeat in 2012.

To quote a bit of Princess Bride:
Not to the death, to the pain… Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, “Dear God, what is that thing?” will echo in your perfect ears. That is what “to the pain” means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

Mojave Mark on September 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Hitler rants about ACORN videos

ninjapirate on September 18, 2009 at 9:39 PM

A must see.

the_nile on September 18, 2009 at 9:46 PM
Yes it is

Jeff from WI on September 18, 2009 at 9:52 PM

A must see is right! I’m glad I clicked through – my wife kept looking over at me wondering why I was laughing so hard!

PatMac on September 19, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Looks like Media Matters is taking Chris Matthews lead. In August, Matthews said as much on air:

Video: Kook Chris Matthews: America’s Mood Is Like Dallas in 1963 or Something

Said Matthews almost a month ago: “Jack Kennedy was killed in an open car in Dallas in the midst of the most hated–it’s like the mood we’re in right now.”

theblogprof on September 19, 2009 at 12:44 PM

LHO killed JFK for a combination of reasons. IMO the primary reason was that he saw it as a way to get into the history books. In this he obviously succeeded. He kept what he called a ‘historic diary,’ which ironically enough is now at the National Archives.

Lou Budvis on September 19, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Lou Budvis on September 19, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I agree with you. There were a lot of moving parts that might suggest Communists from Cuba or the Soviets, perhaps the mafia. At the end of the day, it seems LHO was a lone Commie, rejected as a borderline personality nutjob by the Soviets.

Jackie O was disappointed to hear that it wasn’t a right winger that shot her husband, but a left-winger. I also hope that Obama is not harmed because we will lose a generation for the possibility to get beyond partisanship.
But the death cult beliefs of the Democrats makes the whole thing creepy.

LA Conservative on September 19, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Oh wait. . . I can’t resist this one. Could the lefties be praying that somebody on the boards here drags out that tired old bad joke, “Lee Harvey Oswald – - Where are you now that we need you?” Wouldn’t that be proof of what dangerous assassin nut-jobs we conservatives are? Well,let say we don our KKK costumes and go scouting for grassy knolls, eh Bueller? Bueller?

kens on September 19, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I thought the other reasons for hoping no harm comes to Obama would be obvious, but when I read my post, I felt I needed to make it crystal clear. I hope for no harm to Obama because violence is contrary to democracy, and it would be tragic to take the life of another human being, still a father and husband.
Still, that the Democrats have been marinating in this death narrative since the campaign, is creepy.

LA Conservative on September 19, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Hope on September 19, 2009 at 5:24 AM

Cynically speaking, Kennedy was failing as president, and his tragic death gave impetus to the great society programs, so maybe they want to relive history.

Vashta.Nerada on September 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Nancy talked about the violence of the 70′s…Not the 60′s!

Remember to vote in 2010 and 2012….we have so much work to do!

BigMike252 on September 19, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Or (c) Eric Boehler is a drooling, mucus covered idiot.

Pelayo on September 19, 2009 at 1:35 AM

LOL! So it was Boehler who wrote this steaming heap? Figures. He needs to getalife.

Del Dolemonte on September 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Hey, Del! Has Seixon gotten the Hammer yet?

kingsjester on September 19, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Hey everyone, I’m here in Ireland to report on the Lison 2 vote for this great Emerald Isle. (I wish I had a poster printing shop here. I’d be rich)

Anyway, who still doesn’t know that “Media Matters” is a major mouthpiece for anything and anyone liberal and progressive and or anyhow affiliated with the Democrats? Media Matters? Please! More like Media Mad Hatters shilling for aforementioned folks and harping against any critique of them.

CNN GOOD!
RUSH LIMBAUGH/FOX NEWS EVIL!

hawkdriver on September 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM

L.N. Smithee on September 19, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Sorry, it was the end of my shift. My point was that Saul Alinsky, Bill Ayers, etc. are evil people and to have a following by such prominent people in government is disturbing, to say the least. Lucifer, Sirhan Sirhan, same thing.

gina4 on September 19, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I will bet even money that within a year someone in the leftosphere will come up with the idea that the Rethuglicans let Obama get elected just so the worst president in history would be black.

Tyrone Slothrop on September 19, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Except that there was no Right Wing Frenzy in Dallas 1963. There was just the Commie nutsoid freak Lee Harvey Oswald and his rifle. Unless, of course, you believe that Lyndon Johnson planned the hit — which is BS, but I’m just saying.

argos on September 19, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Get real. This isn’t Dallas in ’63. Where are the wanted posters with the President’s picture and a dead or alive bounty with the alive word marked through?
When has the President ACTUALLY maneuvered an enemy of the US into backing down?
Sure it looks like Barry has enemies, but the front of the line are all the left wing moonbats he’s been throwing under the bus, then Pelosi, then Reid.
Like somebody said upthread, I DON’T want him dead. I want him impeached. I want him out of office. I want him around for a long time as the best example of why nobody votes dhimmicrap anymore.

Blacksmith8 on September 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Vashta.Nerada on September 19, 2009

Ghoulish, yes. Cynical, very much so, but honestly arrived at given the nature of Democrat politics and the expendible status of human beings. How better to remember Obama as a martyred myth than a failed fascist. Beware the left, not the right.

SKYFOX on September 20, 2009 at 8:33 AM

An assassination of Obama would be a disaster for conservatives and libertarians. A failing left-wing President would be replaced by other left-wingers, such as Biden and Pelosi and would become a martyr to rally the leftists to enact his otherwise unpopular programs. The whole socialist program would become law and they’d put his mug on Mt. Rushmore.

If nothing happens to Obama, we will win back the house in ’10 and the Senate and White House in ’12. America will recoil from its near brush with socialist totalitarianism, and we may not fact that threat again for a generation.

If something does happen to Obama, ( and get on your knees and pray that nothing does), then we should all ask, “Who benefits?”

I reject conspiracy theories generally, but if anything does happen to Obama, I think we should look more closely at Soros than Beck.

George Bruce on September 20, 2009 at 3:49 PM

We should all hope and pray that 0bama suffers no physical harm b/c then he would be a martyr instead of mockery. However, I don’t think the left would try to pull a ‘false flag’ operation like that to pin it on the right. 0bama is the slickest snake oil salesman they have and w/o him they would have an even harder time trying to put their agenda in place.

Lou Budvis on September 21, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Exit question – why is a Fox producer adding fuel to their freak fire?

The tape is all over the place and Fox has admitted that they have disciplined her.

“The employee is a young, relatively inexperienced associate producer who realizes she made a mistake and has been disciplined,” Bryan Boughton, Fox News Channel Washington Bureau Chief told the Huffington Post.

AprilOrit on September 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM