McCain: Carter worst president in 20th century

posted at 2:18 pm on September 18, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Well, it’s not as if this is a particularly controversial point. What other President in American history allowed dozens of embassy staff to be held hostage for over a year? What other President kissed a totalitarian on the cheek and pronounced American fears of Soviet Communism overblown? What other President addressed the nation during an economic crisis and told us that we more or less had to get used to it? Oh, wait, there has been a new entry in that last category …

I don’t think Michael Medved expected that response from Senator John McCain (R-AZ), but McCain can be unpredictably blunt in interviews. There may be competition for worst in American history from the 19th century — Franklin Pierce comes to mind — and perhaps from the 21st century, if the rest of the Obama term goes like the first eight months. But I’d agree with McCain that Carter has the 20th century title locked up. (via Greg Hengler)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

dcwvu on September 18, 2009 at 3:14 PM

You won because 3,000 Americans were killed? Go F**k yourself you unwanted idiot. You can’t even remember the talking points for the Blind Puppet Monkeys on the left. It’s Bush, Cheney, Halliburton and Blackwater… Dumb @$$.

Say hi to your mom for me.

ronnyraygun on September 18, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Lew Rockwell

Spathi343 on September 18, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Cindy Sheehan’s ex-squeeze!

Ya mon, we be jammin’

Del Dolemonte on September 18, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Here’s a big one you omitted: Treating the Constitution with utter contempt by threatening to ‘pack’ the Supreme court.

cjk on September 18, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I knew I missed something.

steveegg on September 18, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Oh jeesh. Let the old man alone. Seriously.

I have never even really like Carter, although I voted for him.

But you guys are going to turn me into some kind of idiotic defender here!

HE’S AN OLD MAN.

AnninCA on September 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

You know what. I think he has some kind of dementia. So his friends and family should keep him home and under wraps. He is clearly out of his mind and he is a former President. What he says is listened to.

And unless you think everything Obama is doing is just peachy he called you a racist along with the rest of us.

So you may defend him but he is certainly not defending you.

petunia on September 18, 2009 at 9:00 PM

dcwvu on September 18, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Say hi to your mom for me.

ronnyraygun on September 18, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Your right he did get off the script. I bet he gets a talking to. Speech is very carefully regulated these days… and it just gets worse.

petunia on September 18, 2009 at 9:02 PM

No doubt others have said this earlier on the thread. Carter: Worst president EVER…..

Up until NOW.

Were I Carter, I’d forever be thankful to 0bama for making me look halfway decent.

LegendHasIt on September 18, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Once again I would have to make a case for Lyndon Johnson. Examine his “record”.

Del Dolemonte on September 18, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 18, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Carter Continues to create problems and issues for this country everytime he opens his mouth.

WhoU4 on September 18, 2009 at 9:09 PM

HE’S AN OLD MAN.

AnninCA on September 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Reagan, GHW Bush, & many other former presidents have aged with dignity. Cahtuh is embarrassing.

jgapinoy on September 18, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 18, 2009 at 9:04 PM

But he always got high approval ratings from deceased voters.

SagebrushPuppet on September 18, 2009 at 9:12 PM

The running joke in TEXAS for years has been.
The one honest statement that Lyndon made was?
“LIFE AIN’T FAIR”

On this we think he did tell the truth,jimmah who knows but he is welcome to move to peace lovin’ Gaza anytime.climate is good kinda’ like Georgia.

Col.John Wm. Reed on September 18, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Great line there, John. And since we’re on the subject, the worst President EVAH is the one that kicked your ass.

What does that say?

BobMbx on September 18, 2009 at 9:18 PM

G.W. Bush, worst president evah!
John McCain, worst Republican presidential candidate evah!

And to you morons out there who think FDR is the worst president ever, as some others have posted, he won a war unlike GW! And FFS, he was elected to 4 terms and if he had lived, it would’ve been 5!!! Even Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich called him the greatest president of the 20th century.

Norman Blizter on September 18, 2009 at 9:19 PM

HE’S AN OLD MAN.

AnninCA on September 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Who will be arrested one day walking around playgrounds in a trench coat and combat boots, showing off his winky at the only demographic that doesn’t recognize him…..pre-schoolers.

BobMbx on September 18, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 18, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I’ve often said that LBJ can be identified as the root cause of just about everything wrong with this country today.

Just name it, and I can walk it back to Johnson.

BobMbx on September 18, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I remember FDR and his fireside LIES. I hope he is roasting in hell.

Farfed on September 18, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Hi, I’m Cibolo’s daughter and I’m trying to find some quotes for one of my college classes.

I’m trying to find anti-tea party [or degrading ones of people who go to tea parties] quotes from politicians and people like that, but I can’t find any online.

Thanks in advance. =]

cibolo on September 18, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Notice something interesting….seems like the Dems just suck as presidents?

coyoterex on September 18, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Notice something interesting….seems like the Dems just suck as presidents?

coyoterex on September 18, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Two words too many…just drop the last 2.

BobMbx on September 18, 2009 at 9:27 PM

FDR has done more lasting damage to the USA than any president ever. He didn’t win shit, the US military did, all he did was give away land and souls to Uncle Joe.

cjk on September 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Lyndon Johnson

1. Climbed into bed with KBR, later to become a major part of Halliburton, in 1936, 6 years before Darth Cheney was hatched.

2. Used said company for numerous no-bid contracts during his War of Choice that killed 55,000 US soldiers. We ended up retreating.

3. Created institutionalized government ghettos.

Definitely a contendah, as Brando would say.

OPPS! That’s right, he gets a pass. D, after all.

Del Dolemonte on September 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM

What does that say?
Beats me since most of my ass is still intact.What was the point you wanted to make???

Col.John Wm. Reed on September 18, 2009 at 9:43 PM

McCain= worst GOP politician since George W. Bush.

Spathi on September 18, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Who could forget Jimmah’s digs at G.W.Bush at the Coretta Scott King’s funeral while President Bush was merely a few feet away.

diogenes on September 18, 2009 at 9:45 PM

It was Jimma’ who convinced me to think straight and veer right.

Skipper50 on September 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Col.John Wm. Reed on September 18, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Great line there, John McCain. And since we’re on the subject, the worst President EVAH is the one that kicked your ass.

What does that say?

A little touchy there, Colonel?

BobMbx on September 18, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Dems just suck

coyoterex on September 18, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Bumpasticka!

TMK on September 18, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Johnson had the courtesy to look around, say “I suck” and exit the public stage.

Carter’s basically the Presidential equivalent of a genital wart; we got rid of him once, but he keeps popping up at the most inopportune moments; at best he causes discomfort, at worst he poisons our national intercourse.

JEM on September 18, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Lyndon Johnson

3. Created institutionalized government ghettos.

Definitely a contendah, as Brando would say.

OPPS! That’s right, he gets a pass. D, after all.

Del Dolemonte on September 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Don’t forget, his girlfriend revealed, he had Kennedy killed.

Jeff from WI on September 18, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Oh jeesh. Let the old man alone. Seriously.

I have never even really like Carter, although I voted for him.

But you guys are going to turn me into some kind of idiotic defender here!

HE’S AN OLD MAN.

AnninCA on September 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

ER…ah…well…ah…darn I promised to be good until the DEMS leave. This is hard.

Jeff from WI on September 18, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Don’t forget, his girlfriend revealed, he had Kennedy killed.

Jeff from WI on September 18, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Michael Vick claimed his “errant ways” on the torture committed upon dogs by LBJ..lifting beagles by their ears and all……

See….Michael Vick leads back to Johnson.

BobMbx on September 18, 2009 at 10:00 PM

But you guys are going to turn me into some kind of idiotic defender here!

AnninCA on September 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Ha ha ha. You said it Ann, not me.

kg598301 on September 18, 2009 at 10:02 PM

But you guys are going to turn me into some kind of idiot…

AnninCA on September 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Oh, I don’t know…

Jaibones on September 18, 2009 at 10:05 PM

George W. Bush was a great president. For one thing he caused more bleeding ulcers to the Progressive Useful Idiot Left than anyone else during his eight years. It works, it’s easy to do(Like shootin’ heroine in a barrel), it’s LEAGAL, and after all… Stress Kills. He built that cool Hurricane Katrina Weather Machine to wipe out black people he didn’t care for. I can go on and on.

ronnyraygun on September 18, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Johnson was a pole cat.

Lanceman on September 18, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Johnson was a pole cat .

Lanceman on September 18, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Bob,
Jaquine Jackson put the Pharr clan in jail,a great Texas Ranger
personal friend. LBJ did a lot to mess up the order of this country granted,stole a lot of votes.That is why Jaquine and his team locked him up,Pharr went out to his ranch and shot himself,what he knew went with him. We do not like Lyndon and did not ever vote for him, the lack of home support cost a lot of good men their lives,the names are on The Wall.
I thought you web page was interesting,but am still confused how discourse and a joke, old as it is about Lyndon relates to my ass being kicked?Not at all touchy just trying to follow the thought?

Col.John Wm. Reed on September 18, 2009 at 10:07 PM

he was elected to 4 terms and if he had lived, it would’ve been 5!!!

Norman Blizter on September 18, 2009 at 9:19 PM

That is the kind of resume and bragging point solely for dictators.

anuts on September 18, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Don’t forget, his girlfriend revealed, he had Kennedy killed.

Jeff from WI on September 18, 2009 at 9:55 PM

See….Michael Vick leads back to Johnson.

BobMbx on September 18, 2009 at 10:00 PM

That truly is outstanding logical deduction

Jeff from WI on September 18, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Mc Cain: If Carter wasn’t the worst President ever he was the worst of the 20th century.

Say what you want the man knows less than stellar careers.

Jeff from WI on September 18, 2009 at 10:28 PM

But you guys are going to turn me into some kind of idiotic defender here!
HE’S AN OLD MAN.

AnninCA on September 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Yep that’s it Ann, it’s all our fault you’re an idiot. You make it sound like Carter is a harmless, docile little Grandpa instead of a former president using his former position to spread his poisonous lies all over the world & enable our enemies. Nice try.

I’m a Clintonite.
Hate away.

AnninCA on September 18, 2009 at 2:51 PM

No thanks, I have better things to do. No one hates you here Ann, we don’t even know you. We just think your opinions suck, is all.

Anyway thanks for your posts. They made me laugh out loud, & I REALLY needed that. lol

kg598301 on September 18, 2009 at 10:37 PM

That truly is outstanding logical deduction

Jeff from WI on September 18, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I have a gift

Haha

BobMbx on September 18, 2009 at 10:37 PM

If there is a god, FDR is roasting in hell. He will be joined shortly by Carter.

proconstitution on September 18, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Col.John Wm. Reed on September 18, 2009 at 10:07 PM

WTF? Do you have a sense of humor? Let me walk you through this:

This blogpost is about John McCains’ statement about Carter being the worst president of the 20th century.

I wrote

What does that say?

What in my post led you to think it was about you? Are you vain or just paranoid?

BobMbx on September 18, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Harsh words from the worst Presidential candidate of the 21st century. If Palin hadn’t been on the ticket he’d be looking like McGovern

clnurnberg on September 18, 2009 at 10:42 PM

proconstitution on September 18, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Hopefully, God will let Reagan poke them with a stick.

Lanceman on September 18, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Bob,
the word you/your.As in”one that kicked your ass.”

Not really any of the above just a remedial reading teacher to title 1 kids.So watch the one’s eyes on Sunday and let us know what you think,there will be four maybe five chances to see this century’s candidate for WPE.

Col.John Wm. Reed on September 18, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Hopefully, God will let Reagan poke them with a stick.

Lanceman on September 18, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Of course Reagan’s in hell. He’s the Anti-Christ, the Devil’s son.

Norman Blizter on September 18, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Do we even know how many countries the U.S. is occupying?

You mean like the Philippines? Oh, wait, they asked us to leave and we did. Is that the kind of “occupation” you’re talking about? Or are you talking about the countries in Europe that are “occupied” by the graveyards of American servicemen who died to keep them free?

Socratease on September 18, 2009 at 5:04 PM AMEN, Brother

huckelberry on September 18, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Carter is an anti-semite waste of sperm.

Sadly, Rasmussen reports has him as the “greatest living ex-president” according to their very recent poll.

Rasmussen also had a poll saying only about 22 percent of people in the U.S. list the Beatles as the greatest rock band of all time. If that’s true, the U.S. is getting dumber.

aaarrgh – I hate to think that, perhaps, Allah is right when he fears Obama could be a two-termer.

kscheuller on September 18, 2009 at 11:30 PM

How can McCain say that Carter is the worst president and Obama is just peachy keen?

atheling on September 18, 2009 at 11:51 PM

G.W. Bush, worst president evah!
John McCain, worst Republican presidential candidate evah!

Norman Blizter on September 18, 2009 at 9:19 PM

You really sucked at Jeopardy.

atheling on September 18, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Carter was not the worst president of the 20th century. Most incompetent perhaps, but not worse. Not when you have names like Wilson, FDR and Johnson to compete with. Carter’s administration ran the country into the ground, but over the years we’ve been able to recover from it, for the most part. On the other hand, the policies and programs enacted during the FDR, Wilson and Johnson administrations are still haunting us to this day.

Of course, I’m sure McCann has nothing but good things to say about the likes of those three…

2Brave2Bscared on September 19, 2009 at 12:06 AM

McCann

McCain

Watching too much Braves baseball…

2Brave2Bscared on September 19, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Of course Reagan’s in hell. He’s the Anti-Christ, the Devil’s son. Norman Blizter on September 18, 2009 at 11:11 PM

He’s on my list of “must meet” when I get to heaven.

Mojave Mark on September 19, 2009 at 12:11 AM

My best guess–because Obama polls still shows he’s popular with Arizonians and McCain has an election coming up. Carter stepped into the pooh and McCain sees no risk by popping him in the groin and may help off set his praise for Obama with the more conservative vote!

chickasaw42 on September 19, 2009 at 12:12 AM

(FDR) won a war unlike GW!
Norman Blizter on September 18, 2009 at 9:19 PM

I thought Truman won WWII.

joejm65 on September 19, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Carter was worst of 20th century. As for this century I would say Bertha Lewis of ACORN is leading the Chicago Jesus by a nose so far.

Dire Straits on September 19, 2009 at 12:25 AM

I held my nose and voted for McCain (and brought 7 other votes along w/me that I know of). I had powerful disagreements with the man but I felt that once under the pressure of being POTUS he would “not” have allowed himself to be bullied around by the left. He would have risen to the occasion and done a fair job. He would have at least brought us out of this recession by now, I’m convinced. And he wouldn’t have destroyed our foreign policy.
Oh well, water under the bridge…. DD

Darvin Dowdy on September 19, 2009 at 12:50 AM

GWB was a lot better than LBJ, FDR, and Carter. Carter especially, he is the only President that I know of that blamed the American people for his failures.

lavell12 on September 19, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I thought Truman won WWII.

joejm65 on September 19, 2009 at 12:13 AM

How dare you use facts to get in the way of his talking points.

lavell12 on September 19, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Worst Presidents of the 20th Century in order:

1) Woodrow Wilson
2) FDR
3) Jimmy Carter
4) Bill Clinton
5) LBJ
6) George H.W. Bush
7) George W. Bush
8) JFK
9) Harry Truman
10) Richard nixon

omb on September 19, 2009 at 1:21 AM

That is a bold statement considering John McCain himself stands only a couple of rungs above Jimmy Carter on the political ideology ladder. It is also rather obtuse of McCain to publically broadcast such a claim against someone whom actually had his shot and sat as POTUS when McCain has not himself, and thankfully never will.

I am somewhat pleased we’ll never have to endure a McCain dynasty in lieu of a bonafide conservative Republican POTUS. It is a relief. Albeit, I’d rather he’d have won in 2008 compared to Barackus Caesar whom will surely trounce Carter’s infamy by the time Barackus is unseated by election or term limit.

Woe to America. Woe to our children and our grandchildren.

SilverStar830 on September 19, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Carter didn’t have enough time to be as bad as FDR or other horrible Presidents who served multiple terms.

lavell12 on September 19, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Worst presidenst of all time:
1) Woodrow Wilson
2) Andrew Johnson
3) FDR
4) Obama
5) Rutherford B. Hayes
6) Jimmy Carter
7) Bill Clinton
8) LBJ

omb on September 19, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Most historians if anyone cares say that James Buchanan is the worst President in history b/c he almost lost America and led to the civil war. I’m not sure I agree but he sucked.

lavell12 on September 19, 2009 at 1:26 AM

I’m not a big McCain fan but atleast he is a great hero and real American unlike that terrorist, dictator supporting anti-Semite peanut farmer.

lavell12 on September 19, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Worst Presidents of the 20th Century in order:

1) Woodrow Wilson
2) FDR
3) Jimmy Carter
4) Bill Clinton
5) LBJ
6) George H.W. Bush
7) George W. Bush
8) JFK
9) Harry Truman
10) Richard nixon

omb on September 19, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Dude?

George W. was 21st century. Unless I’ve completely lost it.

2Brave2Bscared on September 19, 2009 at 1:51 AM

lavell12 on September 19, 2009 at 1:23 AM

As bad as FDR? I thought you liked FDR.

2Brave2Bscared on September 19, 2009 at 1:53 AM

5) LBJ

LBJ should be a lot higher than five for the 1965 immigration act alone. He’s at least top three.

2Brave2Bscared on September 19, 2009 at 1:55 AM

McCain would have made a great great president. Not so much of a US Senator. Not so much of a political leader. But he would have been one he11 of a president.

Griz on September 19, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Griz on September 19, 2009 at 2:03 AM

You are insane. He yearns to give our national sovereignty to Mexico. There is nothing worse a President can do to his country than replace his people with a foreign people.

Thresher on September 19, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Where was that sort of ‘straight talk’ on the campaign trail?

Although it is proven fact Carter was a complete, total failure and the worst President I have ever witnessed – it is refreshing to hear someone as high profile as McCain to actually say it.

It needs to be said every time Carter opens his mouth or writes a sentence.

Mr Purple on September 19, 2009 at 3:16 AM

When Did Opposition Become ‘Racism’?

The former president threw rhetorical kerosene on the political flames this week when he twice advanced the lowdown argument that political opposition to Barack Obama — in town halls, faltering presidential poll numbers, the colossal anti-Obama demonstration in Washington — boils down to “racism.”

The allegation is contemptible but, particularly in the wake of the Wilson story, has been pushed by journalists on the Left and Democratic U.S. Representatives mainly from the Black Congressional Caucus. Evidence of racism is so thin, though, the racism-ists must invent lurid details. The New York Times’ Maureen Dowd writes that when she heard Wilson say “You lie” she felt as if, “fair or not,” she heard him say: You lie, boy! Georgia Democrat Rep. Hank Johnson draws a straight line from Wilson’s remark to “folks putting on white hoods and white uniforms again and riding through the countryside intimidating people.” Yeah. En route to Bellevue.

It would almost be funny if it weren’t so grotesque. Of course, Jimmy Carter, who last appeared in this column after he laid red roses on the grave of Yasir Arafat before resuming his pursuit of face-time with Hamas terrorists, is no stranger to grotesque. Certainly after Osama bin Laden this week actually endorsed Carter’s anti-Israel book, “Palestine: Peace not Apartheid,” the former president needed a good, unctuous wallow in sanctimony to deflect our attention from his new fan. But Carter went too far — even for him.

“I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man,” Carter told NBC. There exists the belief “among many white people, not just in the South, but around the country,” he continued, “that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It’s an abominable circumstance, and grieves me and concerns me very deeply.”

What’s “abominable” here is the spectacle of a former president attempting to asphyxiate democratic debate with the stranglehold charge of “racism.”

MB4 on September 19, 2009 at 3:27 AM

My favorite Carter screwup, was….was…there are so many, give me a minute…was..malais….no wait,..drive fifty-fi…no wait, sweate….no wait..hosteg…un, uh…gas lines a mile lon….broken heliocop..I’ve got it.

It was the attack of the killer rabbit!

If only he had the courage to attack America’s enemies in Iran right away, with the same aggressive way he did hitting that defenseless little swamp rabbit, we wouldn’t be in the predicament we are today.

Jimmy,as everyone with a psych 100 course under their belt knows, is just acting like he is, to cover up his deep embarassing failure in the office.(so is McCain)

Miss. Lillian, I understand from sources, waas one heck of a nice lady and a super bass fisherman. we should hgave fgone with her.

Don L on September 19, 2009 at 3:29 AM

David D on McCain says,”He would have at least brought us out of this recession by now.”

I would disagree. he did more to lose his sophomorically run campaign when he rushed back to Washington visably clueless as to what how to fix the sub-prime, than with anything else (short of willingly failing to expose Obama)
I don’t think, McCain could manage his bubble gum money. Foreign policy is a different matter; his temper and need to get even, were serious impediments there.

Don L on September 19, 2009 at 3:39 AM

I’d have to put Carter behind FDR, Wilson, and Clinton….then again we had two good Presidents in the 20th Century, Reagan and Eisenhower, the rest were pretty bad.

nelsonknows on September 19, 2009 at 5:05 AM

What was the difference between FDR and Hitler? FDR didn’t murder people in HIS concentration camps, otherwise FDR was a National Socialist as was Woodrow Wilson, the man most quoted by Joseph Goebbels.

nelsonknows on September 19, 2009 at 5:08 AM

Is it me or does Jimmy Carter look like a carp? Seriously!

nelsonknows on September 19, 2009 at 5:14 AM

Is it me or does Jimmy Carter look like a carp? Seriously!

nelsonknows on September 19, 2009 at 5:14 AM

Well both a carp and Jimmy Carter are bottom feeding garbage fish.

Jeff from WI on September 19, 2009 at 6:22 AM

What I don’t understand about Carter is that there evidently no one in his family telling him that those too young to remember him, couldn’t care less what he says, and those that DO remember him, consider him an ignorant, cowardly, anti-American failure.

Jeff from WI on September 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM

Whoa, McCain got something correct.

For a change. :P

Jockolantern on September 19, 2009 at 7:10 AM

Worst Presidents of the 20th Century in order:

1) Woodrow Wilson
2) FDR
3) Jimmy Carter
4) Bill Clinton
5) LBJ
6) George H.W. Bush
7) George W. Bush
8) JFK
9) Harry Truman
10) Richard nixon

omb on September 19, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Hoover should be in there, above at least Bush, and probably Clinton. The damage FDR did was really just a continuing of what Hoover did in a lot of cases.

Count to 10 on September 19, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Count to 10 on September 19, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Trying to do something,and not expanding it when it fails is different, than taking a policy that failed and expanding it greatly.

darktood on September 19, 2009 at 8:02 AM

You know what. I think he has some kind of dementia.

OK. He’s a demented old man that thousands of people still listen to and may agree with.

Mr. Grump on September 19, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter are the two worst presidents of the US, ever.

Naming Carter the “worst” would excuse Wilson of his monstrosities, and erase memory of them. To the many who play the “without X, there wouldn’t have been Y” phraseology game, I’ll point out the evolutionary result (rather than the contrast of opposites). Without Wilson, Carter would not have been.

Indeed, Carter enshrined his newly crafted loathsome bigotry as his fatal attraction to Islam has NOT served the world well by enacting, through effect, torturous and evil regimes around the world that embody hateful blood lust.

And Obama, who aside from unions was funded largely by Muslims, is taking that fatal attraction toward the death of America. Yet, but for Wilson, where would Obama’s thuggish progressive revisionism and spite for our Constitution have found such fertile grounds?

maverick muse on September 19, 2009 at 8:13 AM

lavell12 on September 19, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Yes, but the train wreck that is his single four-year term is rather breathtaking all on it’s own.

SagebrushPuppet on September 19, 2009 at 8:22 AM

John McCain is just upset that he didn’t get the chance to become the worst President of the 21st century.

aengus on September 19, 2009 at 8:25 AM

aengus on September 19, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Yup, Obama will have that title for many, many decades.

Jeff from WI on September 19, 2009 at 8:44 AM

But I’d agree with McCain that Carter has the 20th century title locked up.

I dunno. If by “worst” you mean “incompetent”, it’s Jimmuh. But Bubba was the most corrupt of the 20th century.

itsnotaboutme on September 19, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I know we were told to be good.That the leftys were watching, but I really wanted to say I hope Carter dies very, very soon. But I won’t say it out loud. I’ll be good.

Jeff from WI on September 19, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Jeff from WI on September 19, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Like the libtards didn’t openly wish for Ronald Reagan to die for years or GWB for that matter. And remember now these are the (ahem) compassionate, tolerant ones.

cableguy615 on September 19, 2009 at 9:25 AM

aengus on September 19, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Yup, Obama will have that title for many, many decades.

Jeff from WI on September 19, 2009 at 8:44 AM

McCain is trying to make up for having hammered Joe Wilson first and hardest with the self righteous anvil of dishonor. He has his own re-election to consider, having tormented conservatives far too frequently to the point of consistently.

If the authoritarian Obama had his way, he’d be the last POTUS. Whether or not he tries, he can’t shake off his Marxist Dictator dream.

maverick muse on September 19, 2009 at 9:26 AM

unquote
forgetful

maverick muse on September 19, 2009 at 9:27 AM

John McCain: Worst presidential candidate in history.

HornetSting on September 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Oh c’mon. Not even close. Michael Dukakis makes George McGovern appear brilliant in comparison.

RickZ on September 19, 2009 at 9:36 AM