Video: Kanye West’s place in jackass hall of fame now secure

posted at 12:19 am on September 14, 2009 by Allahpundit

It’s been secure for years, actually, and not just because of the infamous “George Bush doesn’t care about black people” crack. This isn’t the first time he’s acted like a royal A-hole at an awards show; in fact, it’s not even the first time he’s rushed the stage during an acceptance speech to protest the winner. That happened a few years ago at the MTV Europe Awards. Even so, I salute him: In this season of political turmoil, Americans are finally united in hatred of his pure, preening douchebaggery. No small accomplishment.

Taylor Swift, who’s all of 19 years old, evidently was spotted “crying hysterically” backstage afterwards, although she managed to pull it together in time to reappear during Beyonce’s moment of graciousness at the end of the show. The boss has video of that. Exit quotation from Karl, imagining an Obama-orchestrated West/Swift beer summit: “Let me be clear: I didn’t watch the VMAs, so I don’t have all the facts. But Taylor Swift acted stupidly.”

Update: That didn’t take long.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9 10

Madhouses are full of people who ‘believe in themselves’.

-paraphrasing Chesterton.

daesleeper on September 14, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Sure, Beyonce who has been on camera since she was 12, didn’t know how to react when a camera panned to her at an awards show.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:05 AM

honestly, most of these celebrities aren’t too bright. the community also appears to work like Jr. High, where the “cool” kids must be revered at all times lest you become an outcast.

funky chicken on September 14, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I was interrupted while I was posting. Let’s try that again.

I

t wasn’t a “gotcha” moment at all. I was merely commenting on how he chose to comment. He wasn’t “confused”…I think he knew exactly what he was saying by using the term “that race”. How do you misinterpret that? I’m not sure why you are choosing to defend him so much…unless you somehow feel the same way as he does. Perhaps that’s it.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM

It wasn’t?

I have no idea why you are choosing to villify Beyonce…who was also a victim of Kanye’s bad behavior. She gave up her spotlight to Taylor, even. I guess you can’t fathom “that race” doing something good.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Gotcha.

So, Taylor Swift didn’t give up her spotlight to Beyonce? I guess Sasha Fierce doing the right thing was magnanimous, and I don’t think I’m cynical thinking she was likely in on it. Show biz is catty, and she supports manipulators.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Its time to tax the crap out of the waterfall profits in the rap music business.

daesleeper on September 14, 2009 at 10:26 AM

The video has been removed.
What did he do????

bridgetown on September 14, 2009 at 10:27 AM

funky chicken on September 14, 2009 at 10:22 AM

That’s not saying much for her classiness, is it. Class is her junior high desire to be liked at all costs v. expressing genuine distaste where it is deserved.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:27 AM

daesleeper on September 14, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I disagree but it’s an interesting point. The arts industry can bring in outrageous profits but the press never calls them out on it.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 10:30 AM

CNN: Kanye West is a racist! His racist rants prove a pattern…

/sarc

TN Mom on September 14, 2009 at 10:32 AM

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM

If you think that’s racist, check out what you wrote in the newest ACORN criminal activities thread:

Oh, that’s right. You’re too wee-weed up to admit that Obama oversees a racist organization that encourages tax evasion and child prostitution as a way to “even the score.”

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Maybe Kanye West was just “getting in our faces” like Obama asked him to?

elduende on September 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Can a so called “non-racist” Republican explain to me why a story about a publicly stunt from a Black rapper is related in any way to Obama?

Decider on September 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Obama “oversees” ACORN?

Decider on September 14, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Decider on September 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Kanye is a well-documented Obama supporter, and you’re the racist, racist.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Decider on September 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Thank you! Common sense lives…

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Obama “oversees” ACORN?

Decider on September 14, 2009 at 10:38 AM

No, he rides a unicorn across lollipop fields and sprinkles free money and pills on all the good boys and girls.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I’d guess West is friends with her husband. You’re asking way too much of a young woman who has been raised inside the entertainment culture. Yeah, I’d have turned my back or given the verbal slap, but I’m not an entertainer.

She’s a lovely young woman who sings well and she’s never been caught saying stupid things like Alicia Keyes. I think you should leave it alone.

funky chicken on September 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Kanye is a well-documented Obama supporter, and you’re the racist, racist.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 10:38 AM

ok so if Timothy McVeigh was a Bush supporter then Bush is responsible for his act? If that the standard?

So Obama is responsible for anything that anyone who voted for him does? In that case shouldn’t Bush be responsible for Scooter Libby?

Decider on September 14, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Decider on September 14, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Thanks for displaying the typical illiteracy of leftists. From your own post:

Maybe Kanye West was just “getting in our faces” like Obama asked him to?

elduende on September 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Decider on September 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Obama asked the Obots like you and Kanye to “get in our faces.” But keep up the massive FAIL. You Obots are preprogramed to FAIL, you know.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Well at least you are keeping your cool and not lumping millions of people into a racially-motivated stereotype.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 9:35 AM

If those millions don’t want to be lumped in with those I mentioned they can start speaking out about it. Instead of giving prostitutes advice about how to bring in 13 little girls for sex.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 10:53 AM

“If Ted Nugget had done some stupid publicity stunt while Bush was President would Republicans here at HotAir be relating it to Bush?”

Ted’s too much of a man to do something like this. Especially to a female.

West is a typical crybaby sh-tbird. What’s the use of being one unless you can act like one.

Only good thing…my daughter and her gf’s who love Taylor see this and know who to stay away from.

West does our work for us.

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 10:53 AM

So the millions of black people in America are to blame for the action of ACORN workers? Conversely (using your logic), I guess you’d then agree all white people are to blame for the rampant child abuse that happened at the Latter Day Saint cult that was raided in Eldorado, Texas.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM

What do you expect from an entire music grouping that makes it’s money degrading women and treating women like, welll you know.
Most people are getting tired of these peoples antics and are tired of giving them some slack.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:03 AM

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Only if they support the perpetrators, like you continue to support Obama and his criminal ACORN group.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Tell you one thing…you’ll never see Taylor burn down her boyfriend’s house like “Northeye” or “One eye” or “Brown eye” or whatever that so called singer’s name was…b-tch burned down Andre Rison’s house.

Or being like a ‘ho like Madonna, Spears or hitting the crackpipe with Bobby Brown like Houston.

She’s a good kid

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I’m sure this is in here a few hundred times but I need to say it (write it) out loud.

“Kanye West hates white people.”

OK, I’m good.

gopmom on September 14, 2009 at 11:07 AM

She’s a good kid

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM

But hanging around the snobby elite crowd can change a person. Not all but some.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I met Alicia Keyes with Bono at a charity event sponsored by Mario Batali, and she was gracious to somebody taking photographs for the event. Many celebs hate anyone with a camera (off the red carpet), but she was very sweet. Btw, I was politely informed by someone else that the photo would have to be erased, because they wanted to avoid rumors they were dating.

All entertainers know when the camera is on them; they are paid for exhibiting grace under pressure. Being famous is like being the CEO of yourself. Beyonce is not excused for smiling as a 19-year-old was humiliated at an awards show. I have a feeling this is why the video has been yanked.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Speaking of child abuse, let’s check and see how many condemnations of ACORNs endemic promotion of child smuggling and prostitution you’ve made:

I guess you’ll turn a blind eye to child abuse if it means more welfare money. Yep, you’re a disgusting piece of trash alright.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM

In response to this comment:

funky chicken on September 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM

No, what I’m saying is there has been but a small handful of Black Americans that have spoken out against the rapper, gangster crap, like Dr. Cosby. What happened to him? He was shouted down by Black America in general. Face it, in Black America they won’t even go after those Black politicians that rob and cheat them. They won’t speakl oout about criminal groups like ACORN and SIEU. Americas Black communities are nothing more than cesspools of crime, black on black killing, and inter generational welfare where the idea of a marriage license and having kids is so foriegn that if you come from an intact family, where the parents are married, and dad isn’t in jail, the family is called the Huxtables.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Decider on September 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Thank you! Common sense lives…

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Not sure how hypothetical scenarios in a parallel universe are “common sense.” Ted Nugent is an NRA activist. He supports candidates on one issue alone. Gun rights.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:14 AM

She’s a good kid

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Careful. People were saying the same thing about Britney Spears in 1999.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM

kanye West, what’s the difference between you and and a mallard with a cold?

One’s a sick duck and…

JohnGalt23 on September 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Hey, if bashing Beyonce helps you rationalize your support for the entertainment industry, that’s fine. I’ve never purchased any of her products and never will. Frankly, I remain confused about any conservative’s support for people who disdain them. Really, you might as well write your check to ACORN or Greenpeace and take the tax write off rather than purchase movie tickets/DVDs/music CDs. You are funding people who hate you and what you stand for either way….I’d at least go for the tax deduction.

funky chicken on September 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Taylor Swift is a sweet girl who had big dreams and the good fortune of being having been able to pursue and achieve some of them, already by the very young age of 19!

Kanye is just a drunk, bitter and hateful person…how many of us know at every class reunion, company party, or large family reunion there is at least 1 or 2 people who you can count on to behave like this. Jacka** says it best. For some people no other term will do.

P.S. I noted that in Kanye’s “apology” that he made on-line, he really basically apologized for meaning what he said. And also made the odd remark that he liked the line from her song where she says “she’s a cheerleader and I’m on the bleachers” pointing to more bias on Kanye’s part here…I guess cheerleaders aren’t good with him either? Whatever.

Minorcan Maven on September 14, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Won’t click on it because I hate to see the young lady be embarrassed this way. Kudos to the MTV crowd, whom I normally wouldn’t associate with class, for being classy toward Swift. Kudos to the crowd and to Pink, et al.

Has the lefty liberal backlash begun to seep into the entertainment crowd’s consciousness too?

pugwriter on September 14, 2009 at 11:21 AM

“She’s a good kid

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Careful. People were saying the same thing about Britney Spears in 1999.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM”

I’ll agree with that. Anything can happen.

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Taylor Swift – best female video
Beyonce - best video
Caster Semenya – best ?????

corona on September 14, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I’m confused. Drudge shows this guy holding a bottle of booze and according to reports he was swigging on it before all of this happened. But the booze wasn’t in an official brown paper bag, what gives?

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Decider on September 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I already did this in an earlier comment.

Kanye, like many hip hop artists, makes a living peddling racial grievances. The comment was pointing that out, saying that celebrating deadbeat dads and drugs and gang violence and hatred is a pathetic way to earn a living, a sad comment on blacks that these hip hop artists are heros, a sad comment from whites endorsing the soft bigotry of low expectations — and the worst, a sad comment from our media that Obama was sold to Americans by the likes of Chris Matthews and Maureen Dowd as the “hip hop candidate” who brushed dirt off his shoulders, scratched his face and invoked Jay Z in Iowa.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Obama was compared most of all to Jay Z during the election. Also to LeBron James, who is called “The One.” It’s a deliberate marketing strategy from the same people who swoon about our new President who inspires black kids to be more than hip hop stars and basketball players.

I also explained in another comment why you put scare quotes around the qualifier “non-racist” Republicans.

How often do we hear that Republicans hate minorities, that the convention was like a klan uprising, that poor people (of color) need affordable housing, free healthcare, free childcare? That opposing government takeovers of the private sector = racism? That opposing President Government = racism? From the Great Uniter himself, that crackers are bitter and cling to their guns and religion and xenophobia and blame immigrants for their economic misery?

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:14 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Careful. People were saying the same thing about Britney Spears in 1999.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM”

Leave Britney alone! lol

gator70 on September 14, 2009 at 11:27 AM

They call a bottle of Seagrams gin or vodka a “bottle of bumpy” here.

As in (when they go into a middle eastern owned liquor store) “gimme a bottle uh bumpy and a bag of flammin’ hots, Osama”.

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Kanye West…

***********snort****************

Quite simply, an attention whore who absolutely – absolutely – buys into the entire “identity politics” movement. The only time you hear anything about him, it’s when he’s making some sort of really, really stupid statement, one which reeks of racism and hate.
Look, Kanye – “the man” is not keeping you, or anyone else, down. Get over yourself.

uncivilized on September 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM

lay off Kanye. Taylor Swift sucks and he was just speaking his mind. we wouldnt even have the VMA’s if it werent for black people.

We wouldn’t have blues if it weren’t for slavery. Heck, why don’t we just pick a few other minority groups and start the persecution. Just think of the cultural advancements!

If there were another country to go to, I’d go there.

spmat on September 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Hee-haw.

Y-not on September 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Careful. People were saying the same thing about Britney Spears in 1999.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM”

Are you seriously comparing “Oops I Did it Again” to “Tears on My Guitar”?

These two young ladies were on different career paths from the get go.

pugwriter on September 14, 2009 at 11:31 AM

You can directly blame democrats from the past 40 years for Kanye’s behaviour.

daesleeper on September 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Come on man. Blame society if you want but blaming the dems is just silly.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 11:34 AM

lol PINK had to be HELD BACK from kicking Kanyes butt!!!

lol!!!

In a message on Twitter, Pink, who was in the audience, wrote: “Kanye west is the biggest piece of shit on earth. Quote me.”

She added later: “My heart goes out to Taylor Swift. She is a sweet and talented girl and deserved her moment. She should know we all love her.”

Katy Perry, who was also at the ceremony in New York, wrote on her Twitter page: “FUCK U KANYE. IT’S LIKE U STEPPED ON A KITTEN.”

ginaswo on September 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM

One would imagine that “bashing Beyonce” indicates I am not supporting the entertainment industry? However, my pointing out that this looked staged and Beyonce didn’t look horrified or surprised doesn’t mean I’m bashing her. Just saying, it looks “fishy.”

I’ve never purchased any of her products and never will.

Me, either, though I think she’s talented. I just don’t need to buy it when it’s everywhere, and I will get sick of it quickly. Also, Beyonce doesn’t need my money, and I don’t support her politics.

Frankly, I remain confused about any conservative’s support for people who disdain them. Really, you might as well write your check to ACORN or Greenpeace and take the tax write off rather than purchase movie tickets/DVDs/music CDs. You are funding people who hate you and what you stand for either way… I’d at least go for the tax deduction.

funky chicken on September 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I get tax deductions for movie tickets. But if I can keep the box office retail low where I dislike the star, the writers or the producers, I certainly will.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:37 AM

ginaswo on September 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Pink is as liberal as they come, but she has class.

Holger on September 14, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I still want to know. Is drinking booze out on the street, before a function, now done without the trademark paper bag we’ve become accustomed to on inner city street corners.
Is this the new style?

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Come on man. Blame society if you want but blaming the dems is just silly.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Democrats supported the social engineering programs that led directly to the dysfunction we see today in many urban black communities.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:39 AM

You can directly blame democrats from the past 40 years for Kanye’s behaviour.

daesleeper on September 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM
Come on man. Blame society if you want but blaming the dems is just silly.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 11:34 AM

There is an element of snark to my original post. The element of truth comes from the democrats creating an entire entitlement class of people(‘Great Society’) who think the world owes them something. It is from this democrat-created swamp that I believe Kanye comes from.

daesleeper on September 14, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Gay fish.

Reaps on September 14, 2009 at 11:41 AM

shick on September 14, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I shouldn’t have said this. I should give her the benefit of the doubt. From what I’ve seen of her she has lived honorably. I sincerely regret my comment.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 11:41 AM

This will mean nothing. West will be more popular because he sh-t on a white in public.

Sorry, but that’s the truth.

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 11:42 AM

daesleeper on September 14, 2009 at 11:39 AM

The real problem is the lack of civic virtue.

Holger on September 14, 2009 at 11:43 AM

If there were another country to go to, I’d go there.

spmat on September 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Cracker-bashing is right up your alley then. Yeah, why move when it’s so fun to call 14 YO white girls whores, call white female elected officials “slutty flight attendants, or air hump them from the pulpit of your Black Liberation Theology church and roar that they “ain’t never been called a n*gger”?

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:43 AM

With any luck another one of his gangster rapper goons will pull a gun on him on some dark street somewhere.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Unfortunately Civic Virtue doesn’t sell well.

Holger on September 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Shhhh! Don’t take away his pacifier or he’ll cry like a baby. We’ve all already heard him do that before. We don’t want to here it again.

This spoiled brat needs to be banned from these music awards.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I’m frankly surprised some “journalist” hasn’t written that calling Kanye racist is just stirring up the old white fear of miscegenation. The virginal Taylor Swift in her silver sequined and with her platinum blonde hair did look a bit like Jessica Lange, Fay Wray or Naomi Watts.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM

This spoiled brat needs to be banned from these music awards.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM

LOL..I was just wondering what happened to the usual brown paper bag that they carry the booze in…new trend…bagless? LOL

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:26 AM

shick on September 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:45 AM

You’re being deliberately provocative, and you knew you were in the comment about “that race”. Several comments afterward have followed suit. I’m calling BS.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM

That happened a few years ago at the MTV Europe Awards.

If anyone cares to watch that again, it really does tie in so well with the

Seriously, he even says he hasn’t seen the music video that won the award in that particular video..

Reaps on September 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM

YYZ on September 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM

What? Because I’m commenting on not only what the lyrics of the songs include, besides degrading women, and what has actually happened to some of those rappers. Are you denying it has happened? Provocative? For telling the TRUTH??!!

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Kanye West is a racial slur, and should be put down like a rabid dog!

BoomJunkie on September 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:39 AM

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I’d say the blame falls more on local churches that don’t preach Christ, sin and repentance and on parents that are not filling their responsibilities. Sure the dems have enabled them to slack off but that doesn’t excuse the behavior.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM

YYZ on September 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I gave up later, around the late 90s. Classiest black singers were Boys 2 Men.

Holger on September 14, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM

“That race” is a racist statement, and I still gave you the benefit of the doubt. Saying that you wish Kanye West would be shot be a gangbanger is tasteless, and you know it.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Provocative? For telling the TRUTH??!!

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM

You’re not speaking truth to power, either. You’re deliberately ratcheting up the inflammatory rhetoric and blurring the line between blacks and hip hop lyrics.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:58 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:55 AM

I never said the word shot. I said pull a gun. Big difference.
You see this kind of scum raps” about violence, along with degrading women, because it’s part of that rap/hip hop scene.
I wonder how he’d react to actually having to face a gun, a REAL one.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Kanye West is a racial slur, and should be put down like a rabid dog!

BoomJunkie on September 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Clean up in Aisle 3.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM

That gangbanger quote was tastless.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Please, for God sakes, if I hear that stupid “truth to power” phrase again I’ll explode.

I’m telling the truth regarding a whole entire type of music that is itself inflammatory, and disgusting.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Looks like there’s a new “white kid who is here to protect the black race” named, alliebobbitt

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM

It is a bit myopic though. Not all music originating out of the black community is degrading to women. Just like not all music originating from the white community is Death Metal with macarbe lyrics.

Holger on September 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 10:53 AM

This is a cop out. Either way you would still stereotype and generalized a whole group of people do regardless of how many people speak out. This is a BS excuse to be a racist.

In regards to muslims, I’ve seen plenty of groups come out and speak out again fanaticism yet people like you pretend you never heard anything and just continue with this same tired line that is usually followed by something extremely racist or ignorant. This is just another version of the “I’m not racist but…”*insert extremely racist remark here* template.

Norvell on September 14, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I never said the word shot. I said pull a gun. Big difference.

This is called “walking it back”. Don’t be that guy.

You see this kind of scum

Seriously, just stop.

raps about violence, along with degrading women, because it’s part of that rap/hip hop scene.

I don’t know Kanye’s music too well, but I don’t recall him talking much about shooting people.

I wonder how he’d react to actually having to face a gun, a REAL one.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 11:59 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Holger on September 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM

True. I’m no expert on Black Music. The Black music I knew and loved was out on Motown. Today the little bit of it I hear is constant swearing and vulgar language, violence against others, including for some strange reason, women.
Not all rappers are black either. But as a whole, it’s a disgusting scene.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM

“I’m not racist but…”*insert extremely racist remark here* template.”

You mean something like..“I’m not racist but…all middle eastern women have a whole bunch of facial hair”

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM

lol @ kanye west being labled a “gangsta rapper”. Ignorance reigns again… I don’t think he is a good person, and he is a douchebag no matter what race he is however if you ever heard his music then you would feel like an idiot saying such a thing. Dude is far from being the type to rap about pulling guns on people. Jeff from WI you’re a ignorant moron.

Norvell on September 14, 2009 at 12:08 PM

“That is the kind of private thought that could be construed as a threat. Gotta go. Company’s here.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM”

Who? Eminem or Vanilla Ice?

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 12:09 PM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM

You know that wasn’t any sort of threat. I’m simply saying these rappers make out how tough they are. Real toughness isn’t being a gangster, it’s those soldiers fighting in Iraq & Afghanistan.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Norvell on September 14, 2009 at 12:04 PM

+100

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Hip hop lyrics are trash. Giving awards for such trash speaks volumes about MTV. But they are not prejudiced against whites. Trash like Eminem have received awards as well.

Consider this: Swift deserves mention for her performing but MTV gave her an award not to boost her credibility but their own.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Norvell on September 14, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I was speaking in general. I couldn’t care less what that moron sings about.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Jeff, stop making sense, Okay?

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Jeff, stop making sense, Okay?

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM

LOLOL..OK…gotcha!

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Now I gotta go. Have to put some brake pads on the bike. Going to Lacrosse this weekend. Wildcat State park.

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Norvell on September 14, 2009 at 12:04 PM

What are you talking about?? How’d we get on to Muslims??!

Norvell…I’m not denying my comments about part of the society. Only a fool would pretend that those problems don’t exist, just so they can maintain that “holier than thou” feeling about themselves. If it makes you feel better to make excuses for they type of society that’s constantly becoming more disgusting, to maintain your politically correct attitude, then be my guest.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 12:16 PM

LtE126 on September 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Good luck

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 12:17 PM

He is such a Gay Fish

Joey1974 on September 14, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I’ve been enjoying reading hundreds of posts by people who probably gave up on black music after Stevie Wonder turned on Richard Nixon, but know what they don’t like. I hate Whitey.

YYZ on September 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM

And that’s why you, like so many other Obots, are a racist bigot.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Taylor Swift’s next hit = “I’m Going Home”

Christien on September 14, 2009 at 12:28 PM

What are you talking about?? How’d we get on to Muslims??!

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Would you really change your view, even though there are plenty of black people saying kanye west is a douche as there are as many white people saying the same thing? Again like I said I’ve visited boards and talked to plenty of black people who think Kanye west is a jerk but again I don’t think you’ve bothered to even try to see that and automatically think that black people on a whole approve.

The point I’m making is that I find the “well if they spoke out against it then I wouldn’t say (random generalization or stereotyping remark)” I’ve seen this on this site mostly in regards to muslims but you used the same logic towards blacks as a population. Like I said even though there are plenty of blacks who found what he did an ahole thing to do and even a black woman (beyonce) tried to rectify the situation by bringing her out and having her give her speech again, you still generalize and stereotype.

Norvell on September 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM

What Kanye West did to Taylor was uncalled for. Rude. Out of place. He surely deserves a well-delivered spanking! (Bet ya he never got one as a kid.)

What Beyonce did for Taylor brought a big smile to my face.

Beyonce… You Rock!