Video: Kanye West’s place in jackass hall of fame now secure

posted at 12:19 am on September 14, 2009 by Allahpundit

It’s been secure for years, actually, and not just because of the infamous “George Bush doesn’t care about black people” crack. This isn’t the first time he’s acted like a royal A-hole at an awards show; in fact, it’s not even the first time he’s rushed the stage during an acceptance speech to protest the winner. That happened a few years ago at the MTV Europe Awards. Even so, I salute him: In this season of political turmoil, Americans are finally united in hatred of his pure, preening douchebaggery. No small accomplishment.

Taylor Swift, who’s all of 19 years old, evidently was spotted “crying hysterically” backstage afterwards, although she managed to pull it together in time to reappear during Beyonce’s moment of graciousness at the end of the show. The boss has video of that. Exit quotation from Karl, imagining an Obama-orchestrated West/Swift beer summit: “Let me be clear: I didn’t watch the VMAs, so I don’t have all the facts. But Taylor Swift acted stupidly.”

Update: That didn’t take long.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9 10

The stage arts seem to be going the direction of modern “art”. It’s just a contest to see who can be the freakyest, grossest and most bizarre.

4shoes on September 14, 2009 at 8:10 AM

So, you finally admit it. Please stop airing your dirty lenin here.

Loxodonta on September 14, 2009 at 8:09 AM

No, I said Groucho, not Harpo!

MB4 on September 14, 2009 at 8:11 AM

4shoes on September 14, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Amen to dat!

Christian Conservative on September 14, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Beyonce was very gracious with what she did at the end. Gotta give it to her.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Harpo!

MB4 on September 14, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Yes. You do have a lot of pluck. Don’t you?

Loxodonta on September 14, 2009 at 8:13 AM

4shoes on September 14, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I agree that the adjetive ‘horrified’ to describe her ‘look’ is not apt, but you are pretty tough on Beyonce.

I’m not a big fan. It seems these people are taught endlessly how to behave on stage, but never learned to think of their fellow man.

4shoes on September 14, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Having never seen either Beyonce’s or Taylor’s vids, I watched them last night. Beyonce’s is just three girls dancing (very well, I might add) in a white room, but Taylor’s has a plot & acting & fits very well with the song.

…so how can three girls dancing be “one of the best videos of all time”? Only if your opinion is shewed by race.

itsnotaboutme on September 14, 2009 at 8:14 AM

That’s because it wasn’t supposed to be an answer. That’s what the links were for.

2Brave2Bscared on September 14, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Those links link to other links with links to links. Why don’t you just sum it up here for me? You do understand it don’t you?

AsianGirlInTights on September 14, 2009 at 8:15 AM

shewed skewed

itsnotaboutme on September 14, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Yes. You do have a lot of pluck. Don’t you?

Loxodonta on September 14, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Quote me as saying I was misquoted.
- Groucho

MB4 on September 14, 2009 at 8:15 AM

We cannot imagine the outcry if a white man had done this to a black woman.

djn on September 14, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Imagine the outcry if a straight man had done this to a gay woman.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 8:16 AM

So all we need to do is to create a reliable US Federal Thought Police Force, identify and ship off a few million people to somewhere (we’ll figure out where exactly later), and then make sure none get back?

AsianGirlInTights on September 14, 2009 at 8:00 AM

I guess I should have expected this reaction.

2Brave2Bscared on September 14, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
- Groucho

MB4 on September 14, 2009 at 8:17 AM

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
- Groucho

MB4 on September 14, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Video pulled via Viacom…

Hammerhead on September 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM

I guess I should have expected this reaction.

2Brave2Bscared on September 14, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Why?

AsianGirlInTights on September 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM

MB4 on September 14, 2009 at 8:15 AM

— Harpo

Loxodonta on September 14, 2009 at 8:22 AM

AsianGirlInTights on September 14, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Of course I understand it. But I’m not going to bother typing it all out for you because you’re too lazy to do a little bit of reading.

What to do about Islam

2Brave2Bscared on September 14, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Give them a little, and they take what they want. Hope and Change.

Static on September 14, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Who are “they”?

Niere on September 14, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Who are “they”?

Niere on September 14, 2009 at 8:23 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Consider the source though. Three guesses and the first two don’t count.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 8:25 AM

— Harpo

Loxodonta on September 14, 2009 at 8:22 AM

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.
- Groucho

MB4 on September 14, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Who are “they”?

Niere on September 14, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Robot pirate cowboy ninjas.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 8:26 AM

This reminds me of the time I rushed the stage at the inauguration and grabbed the mic. “Yo Obama, I’m really happy for you, I’ll let you finish, but compared to you even Jimmy Carter looks like one of the best presidents of all time. One of the best presidents of all time!”

saint kansas on September 14, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Imagine the outcry if a straight man had done this to a gay woman.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 8:16 AM

How is this situation different than what Joe Wilson did?

highhopes on September 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

How is this situation different than what Joe Wilson did?

highhopes on September 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Joe Wilson doesn’t need Autotune to make $1 dollars.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 8:30 AM

How is this situation different than what Joe Wilson did?

highhopes on September 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Relativism on display. It’s a beautiful thing.

faraway on September 14, 2009 at 8:30 AM

It doesn’t matter who Kanye West or anyone else thinks who had the best video. Taylor Swift won fair and square. It was up to judges or a committee, whatever. People have to respect that.

I thought it looked as though Beyonce thought it was some sort of a joke or skit. I don’t believe she knew what to make of it. I’m impressed that she let Taylor have “her moment.” I’m not surprised she did that. I don’t know anything about Beyonce, but that is what any normal civilized person should do.

I bought Taylor’s last CD for me and my girls and I hear it’s being re-released with 6 additional songs and a DVD with it. I think I’ll re-buy it! :)

Seriously, even if you have to borrow a friend’s CD, everyone should listen to Taylor. It is AMAZING how talented she is for her young age. It’s amazing at any age.

Just a fan!!!

Oink on September 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Joe Wilson doesn’t need Autotune to make $1 Mil dollars.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 8:30 AM

FIFM.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM

How is this situation different than what Joe Wilson did?

highhopes on September 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

You’re kidding, right?

Oink on September 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Breaking: Kanye West just appointed Civility Czar

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 14, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Have not read the comments yet; I am in coffee time; just to let y’all know I read somewhere that Taylor’s performance was pre-recorded before this mess.

Missed the VMA’s; will watch the repeat b/c of Janet Jackson’s performance, the much talked about Madonna speech. This is a disgrace. So cute, so talented, it’s like a “Carrie” moment. Only this time everyone was spared from her rage.

For this reason is that the human brain is not 100% developed yet. Teenager + hormones + ruined evening + telekinesis = DISASTER.

ProudPalinFan on September 14, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Yawn … I’m not too interested in this.

These MTV award ceremonies are nothing but a gathering of schizophrenic egotistical arses who will do anything and say anything for attention. It’s a part of the reason the culture of America is decomposing along with our values.

Why was Taylor even there? Honestly.

And to exit this thread I’ll just ask this question … “How long will it be before Taylor Swift pulls a ‘Dixie Chick’ on us?”.

You’d think that after an experience like this one – she’d get angry and see the shallow foolishness in these hollywood types … But my bet is she’ll do the opposite and attempt to “embrace and understand” this action – even proclaim how great Barack Obama is just to get them to like her.

HondaV65 on September 14, 2009 at 8:33 AM

How is this situation different than what Joe Wilson did?

highhopes on September 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

You’re late for homeroom, junior.

bloviator on September 14, 2009 at 8:34 AM

You’re kidding, right?

Oink on September 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Not at all. Everybody pig piled on Wilson for interrupting by speaking the truth during an informercial for the Socialist Party. Kanye West is being defended for interrupting an awards show with his own opinions. Why the attacks on Wilson and not West?

highhopes on September 14, 2009 at 8:34 AM

What to do about Islam

2Brave2Bscared on September 14, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Maybe you could just shortly summarize it in your own words. This is just a blog site comment section after all, not University.

AsianGirlInTights on September 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM

You’re late for homeroom, junior.

bloviator on September 14, 2009 at 8:34 AM

About 30 years late. Hope it doesn’t become part of my permanent record.

highhopes on September 14, 2009 at 8:36 AM

battleoflepanto1571 on September 14, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Your comparison of today’s Mexican immigrants (most of whom are not immigrants at all, but illegal aliens) and 19th and 20th century immigrants from Europe conveniently ignores many substantial differences between the two groups.

For example, you argue that the Mexicans coming here today for “money” are the same as the European immigrants who came here in centuries past to pursue economic opportunities. What your argument fails to acknowledge is that we have in place in the U.S. today many social welfare programs (e.g., foodstamps, S-CHIP, welfare, Medicaid, housing subsidies, etc.) that didn’t exist when the European immigrants were coming here. The Europeans were coming here to work and earn their own money to better their lives. In contrast, many of the Mexican illegals coming here today are drawn by the prospect of taking advantage of U.S. taxpayer-funded entitlement programs.

Also, as other commenters have pointed out, the European immigrants who came here wanted to be Americans and worked hard to assimilate. That is not true of too many Mexicans living in the U.S. Study after study has shown that they make little effort to assimilate, and you can find second and sometimes even third-generation citizens living in the U.S. who still can’t speak English well (or, in some cases, can’t speak it at all).

There is also the matter of the important attitudinal difference. European immigrants were, for the most part, grateul for the chance to become Americans, and became very loyal citizens. Many of the Mexicans, by contrast, come here with the belief that the U.S. “stole” their land from them, and they nurse that grudge and never develop any sense of gratitude or loyalty for the U.S. They harbor a hostility to our culture (and history and language, etc.) that the European immigrants never did.

AZCoyote on September 14, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Joe Wilson should use this excuse for outing Obama the liar: “you can’t fault a man for speaking his mind.” (MTV house-band MC “Wale”)

SilentWatcher on September 14, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Is this what passes for being a man in “Popular” music? Bullying a little 19 year old girl on International TV? What a jerk.

kingsjester on September 14, 2009 at 8:40 AM

AsianGirlInTights on September 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM

What!?! You’re not interested enough in 2Brave2Bscared’s rantings to go spend a few days enlightening yourself?

DarkCurrent on September 14, 2009 at 8:42 AM

FOX just ran the Obama video.

Bicyea on September 14, 2009 at 8:43 AM

copyright? sure… more like covering your #$$…

BadBrad on September 14, 2009 at 8:47 AM

West is a typical gansta boor which inhabits the hip-hop sewer.

As noted, he’s got a history of this bufoonery.

So, the real question is, who are the mental midgets at MTV who invited this guy to host??

Hat’s off to Beyonce – a world class lady.

A box of tissues & a hug to lil Taylor – welcome to the big leagues.

locomotivebreath1901 on September 14, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Hi DarkCurrent! Haven’t seen you in a while! Where have you been?

AsianGirlInTights on September 14, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Am I supposed to know who any of these people are?

NoDonkey on September 14, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Robot pirate cowboy ninjas.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 8:26 AM

LOL!

Niere on September 14, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Kanye is an egomaniacal thug who’s only chance of getting up on the winner’s stage is to bumrush it when someone else’s name is called.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 8:54 AM

How is this situation different than what Joe Wilson did?

highhopes on September 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

It’s really quite simple.

She wasn’t lying through her teeth in an attempt to overrun the Constitution, while calling her critics a bunch of lying a*&h*&es.

Saltysam on September 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM

DarkCurrent on September 14, 2009 at 8:42 AM

It’s a short statement. It would take no more than 5-10 minutes to read. Maybe 20 minutes for those mentally disabled, like yourself.

2Brave2Bscared on September 14, 2009 at 8:56 AM

How is this situation different than what Joe Wilson did?

highhopes on September 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

KW used a race-skewed opinion to destroy a girl’s biggest-moment-evah. Wilson spoke truth to power.

itsnotaboutme on September 14, 2009 at 8:56 AM

DarkCurrent on September 14, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Perhaps it’s you who need to be enlightened by TubeyTubey? How dark are you anyway?

Loxodonta on September 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Sorry, don’t know how I missed you! I must admit I’m not familiar with the source.

I just don’t like the thought of a comment like that going unchallenged, that’s all.

Niere on September 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM

You’re kidding, right?

Oink on September 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Oh.

*blushes…hides face*

Saltysam on September 14, 2009 at 8:58 AM

West is a drunken, racist, worthless POS who thinks his racially-tinged “opinion” is so important it’s OK to act like a cretinous pig to deliver it. This comes from being brought up to believe you’re an oppressed minority (even if you are wealthy and famous), so anything you do against whitey is just getting over. This is the OJ mentality and I’m weary of it. I do believe that level of stupidity is not prevalent and I am glad Beyonce displayed the grace and dignity inherent in most of humanity.

SKYFOX on September 14, 2009 at 8:59 AM

You can see the video here (embedded in the story) , including the end where she’s invited back on stage.

TheBigOldDog on September 14, 2009 at 9:02 AM

by the way, whey do they all have to wear the dark shades indoors?

long_cat on September 14, 2009 at 12:28 AM

The only explanation I can offer you that makes sense is the camera flashes. These people are exposed almost all the time to bright lights, camera flashes so yes it will get to a point where you have to wear sunglasses.

Imagine those with epilepsy that react to flashes. There is one artist that has a kid w/epilepsy that had to break a deal with the papparazzi b/c of this.

ProudPalinFan on September 14, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Taylor Swift is a typical white person who doesn’t deserve the award because the wasn’t disadvantaged growing up. She is evil and should redistribute her award to someone of color.

marklmail on September 14, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Niere on September 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Bigots like dcwvu like to pretend we are all racists here. There have been a scant few, but mostly they are Democrat Mobys trying to smear the site, or joo-hating Paultards.

TMK on September 14, 2009 at 9:05 AM

by the way, whey do they all have to wear the dark shades indoors?

long_cat on September 14, 2009 at 12:28 AM

The only reasonable explanation I can offer you is camera flashes. Indoors, there are bright lights (been to a TV studio) plus camera flashes in, during and out. I guess after a while, you can’t handle it or, well, wanna show off designer sunglasses loaned by such designer.

Now imagine that plus a person that has epilepsy. Flashes, strobelights, amusement park crap like that may trigger a seizure; it is really uncomfortable. There was an artist that has a kid with epilepsy that talked to papparazzi and broke a deal of shots with no kid so that his/or her/ kid does not get a seizure.

ProudPalinFan on September 14, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I’m gonna call publicity stunt. A bit too convenient that Taylor was ready with her speech when Beynoce’ won.

Kanye is booked on Jay Leno’s new show which premieres tonight.

I’m a cynic…it’s Hollywood…nothing to really see here.

SouthernGent on September 14, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Wale, the MC for the house band at the VMAs, says:
“You can’t fault a man for speaking his mind,”

I say: Yeah, unless you’re a white, middle-aged conservative who attends town halls on health care. Then you’re a racist, bigot, neo-nazi, and member of the mob.

Goldy1 on September 14, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Same here. I’m not much of a fan of either team, but I always enjoy a close game that isn’t decided until the very end.

It might have been even better if Cutler hadn’t been so eager to throw the ball to the Packers defense…

Spiny Norman on September 14, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Told my husband that because Brett Favre jumps so much from team to team, that EA Sports should offer an option on what team Brett Favre should play.

ProudPalinFan on September 14, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I’m a cynic…it’s Hollywood…nothing to really see here.

SouthernGent on September 14, 2009 at 9:15 AM

True statement. Five feet and, maybe, eight inches and a buck-forty’s worth of $@%# ain’t worth looking at.

Doorgunner on September 14, 2009 at 9:22 AM

If there are multiple comments from me, sorry! Internet here is goofy and knocks me off whenever I hit “Submit Comment”.

ProudPalinFan on September 14, 2009 at 9:23 AM

WTF is the matter with Kanye.

Such a talented guy, yet he can’t resist making a total ass out of himself.

I’m gonna call a little sexism here too. If a female artist did the sh!t Kanye is doing, she wouldn’t even have a recording contract by today. Beyonce has more class in her pinky than this troll has in his entire body. I’ll bet she ripped him a new one after this show was over.

rockmom on September 14, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Kayne’s mother was a Sociology Professor, she beleives(as does Kayne) in all the whacked out Far-Left conspiracy theories about the Republicans/WHites/Govt. trying to kill and oppress Black People.

He has a song called “Crack Music”, in which he blames Ronald Reagan and the CIA for inventing Crack Cocaine to exterminate the black race.

Amazingly this idiot doesn’t know anything of the actual foundings and intentions of Planned Parenthood, Abortion and Eugenics that the Left is in bed with.

jp on September 14, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Seriously, I’m getting tired of that race. All of them. From their Communist President, to their spoiled no talent rappers, to having to show respect for a whole class of guys that do nothing but impregnate women without marrying them, with living off those women and society, and I’m really getting sick of their felonious actions.

I’m so tired of paying for too many people sitting on their keisters.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Honestly, West was right that Beyonce deserved that award. Swift’s video wasn’t even in the same league (it was several leagues below). But it isn’t the first time that a huge award went to an undeserving party (e.g. Rocky 1 winning Best Movie over Taxi Driver). Everyone knows who deserved that award. But West ruined it. That was really a classless douchy thing to do Kanye.

AlexB on September 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Pink on Twitter:

Kanye west is the biggest piece of sh!t on earth. Quote me.

My heart goes out to taylor swift. She is a sweet and talented girl and deserved her moment. She should know we all love her.

Beyonce is a classy lady.I feel for her, too.Its not her fault at all, and her and taylor did their thing. And douche bag got kicked out. HA

TheBigOldDog on September 14, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Best of Kayne West douchebaggery list

Joe Caps on September 14, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I’m so tired of paying for too many people sitting on their keisters.

Jeff from WI on September 14, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Well at least you are keeping your cool and not lumping millions of people into a racially-motivated stereotype.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 9:35 AM

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 9:35 AM

+100

Squid Shark on September 14, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Breaking: Kanye West just appointed Civility Czar

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 14, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Thread WINNER!

Blacksmith8 on September 14, 2009 at 9:39 AM

“George Bush doesn’t care about black people.”

No racially motivated lumping there.

saint kansas on September 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I’ve seen some lefty blogs say this was set up…

Thoughts?

Upstater85 on September 14, 2009 at 12:28 AM

I’ve read something about that — but that it was a set-up between Kanye and Beyonce so that she could appear all gracious and whatnot, but that Taylor Swift was genuinely taken aback.

Regardless, one thing is certain: Kanye West is a douchebag.

haikusrock on September 14, 2009 at 12:30 AM

That was my first thought watching this. It was staged, but Taylor Swift didn’t see this coming. She looked surprised to even win and terrorized by Kanye. It was mean, and it makes me glad I ignore MTV and hip hop/R and B. Over it.

Beyonce didn’t look that horrified to me. The smile should have disappeared from her face immediately. I didn’t hear shocked silence, either, but idiots were cheering (that was the MTV fix) while others booed them.

Kanye should have been nowhere near that stage. He shouldn’t even be allowed to attend awards ceremonies unless he’s in a straightjacket. I always thought a big part of pop culture is psy ops. (I’ve heard Warhol was supported by the CIA! Kanye’s daddy in the Panthers doesn’t surprise me.) But maybe we really do glamorize certifiable psychotics.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Beyonce herself has denounced Kayne’s outburst. Just leave race out of it. This is proof that alcoholism is an equal oppurtunity disease.

sonnyspats1 on September 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Yeah, I’m sure you’re a paragon of racial sensitivity and tolerance. Since, you go to such lengths to announce you hate Appalachia.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 9:46 AM

No racially motivated lumping there.

saint kansas on September 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Stupid comments aren’t a pass for more stupid comments.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 9:46 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 9:46 AM

This is news to me…but apparently you see fit to defend his comment and attack me instead of vice-versa. Very telling.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Ya know, it’s kinda sad that the young lady was so upset by this idiot’s behavior. I would have thought that most folks in the business would know what kind of trash the guy is and wouldn’t be able to be so hurt by his saying/doing stupid or hateful things. The guy (along with an awful lot of other rappers) is simply not a quality human being.

funky chicken on September 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM

sonnyspats1 on September 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM

That could be part of the set-up. I saw her smiling and laughing as Kanye made a fool of himself. I remember how tirelessly those two campaigned for Obama. It reflects poorly on all of his supporters and on Obama himself.

This was straight from his campaign playbook. He buses in supporters, sets up interviews, picks the questions, arranges the crowds, poses for photos. I think our media has been doing this for a while. The election of Obama gave America a glimpse of how cynical and corrupt our media is, even when it’s about our celebrities, as well as the information we are fed.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 9:53 AM

LMAO Kanye on Wikipedia. I censored a few words.

Kanye West is a dope dealing, crack smoking, cocaine sniffing, no talent, immature, cowardly, racist son of a B—- who doesn’t even DESERVE to be on a stage or in a studio. He is also a spoiled rotten Mama’s Boy who screams and cries and stamps his foot and throws a tantrum when he doesn’t get his way. I bet his dead mother is happy that she doesn’t have to put up with his lame A– SH– anymore. His true colors have come out. F— YOU, KANYE! After your actions tonight at the MTV VMA’s you have sealed your career in a lead lined coffin which I sincerely hope is on it’s way to the bottom of the deepest, darkest hole at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.
Ronnie on September 14, 2009 at 1:04 AM

LMAO!!!

ProudPalinFan on September 14, 2009 at 9:55 AM

ProudPalinFan on September 14, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Or they are doing drugs and the pupils are dilated…

right2bright on September 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM

just like Maxine Waters and lot of other powerful folks. yeah, the CIA forced the ghetto crowd to inhale from those pipes. I wonder how they can force pipes into tens of thousands of mouths at the same time?

again, sad that anybody in that business would be surprised by the idiot’s behavior

funky chicken on September 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I think she looked confused. The MTV awards are full of “punked” moments like this, I think she was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Squid Shark on September 14, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I don’t trust anything coming out of MTV and I echo others here that believe this was staged. I hate to think that Taylor Swift would be involved in such but in that world, anything is possible. What would be the benefit? Well, here we are discussing it extending the VMA awards past their broadcast–exponential boost for the true targets–the pre-teen/teen social media. Some are made to feel they missed something and will want to tune in next time as well as ratings boost for MTV in general. Kanye, Taylor and Beyonce will have a paparazzi/interview boost and entertainment TV and magazines will use this headline to sell themselves. The world of entertainment has finessed the use of astroturf to an art form.

polmom on September 14, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Yeah, she was confused as everyone was at first. Then they threw a camera in her face and she didn’t know how to react. She was clearly embarrassed. Her action of giving up her time to thank people important to her over to Taylor was extremely gracious.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:01 AM

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 9:48 AM

He confused hip hop culture with black culture, and honestly, the latter has taken an indisputable hit from Democrat-sponsored social engineering programs. That was the subject of Beyonce’s “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It.)”

Kanye, like many hip hop artists, makes a living peddling racial grievances. The comment was pointing that out, saying that celebrating deadbeat dads and drugs and gang violence and hatred is a pathetic way to earn a living, a sad comment on blacks that these hip hop artists are heros, a sad comment from whites endorsing the soft bigotry of low expectations — and the worst, a sad comment from our media that Obama was sold to Americans by the likes of Chris Matthews and Maureen Dowd as the “hip hop candidate” who brushed dirt off his shoulders, scratched his face and invoked Jay Z in Iowa.

Your comment was a “gotcha” moment directed at someone who was upset by racially-motivated behavior, not race. You do that all the time here.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:03 AM

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Sure, Beyonce who has been on camera since she was 12, didn’t know how to react when a camera panned to her at an awards show.

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:05 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:03 AM

It wasn’t a “gotcha” moment at all. I was merely commenting on how he chose to comment. He wasn’t “confused”…I think he knew exactly what he was saying by using the term “that race”. How do you misinterpret that? I’m not sure why you are choosing to defend him so much…unless you somehow feel the same way as he does. Perhaps that’s it.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I have no idea why you are choosing to villify Beyonce…who was also a victim of Kanye’s bad behavior. She gave up her spotlight to Taylor, even. I guess you can’t fathom “that race” doing something good.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM

You can directly blame democrats from the past 40 years for Kanye’s behaviour.

daesleeper on September 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Time to accuse Kayne of being a racist because he wanted a black woman to win, so much so, that he jumped at the chance to humiliate a young white woman during her moment of glory.

Isn’t that the argument liberals always use against people who disagree with them?

Beyonce certainly has more class than Kayne.

Potter on September 14, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Also, dcwvu, how often do we hear that Republicans hate minorities, that the convention was like a klan uprising, that poor people (of color) need affordable housing, free healthcare, free childcare? That opposing government takeovers of the private sector = racism? That opposing President Government = racism? From the Great Uniter himself, that crackers are bitter and cling to their guns and religion and xenophobia and blame immigrants for their economic misery?

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:14 AM

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM

It wasn’t?

Gotcha.

dcwvu on September 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:17 AM

It seems that egomaniac has sunken his own career. I think his music is lame but I’ve read on a few other sites people that likee his music but will never buy anything of his anymore.

Regarding comments like, “Speaking his mind” and “only being true to myself”, these fools are slaves to their own wicked hearts.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Open tags?

alliebobbitt on September 14, 2009 at 10:17 AM

My dd was watching last night and came and told me when it happened. Then she told me what Beyonce did- class act.

DD also started a facebook group last night about making Kanye apologize (sorry- can’t remember the exact name and she is off to classes right now).

DD also order Swift’s CD. I’ll probably buy one today myself.

Kanye just needs to go away to somewhere quiet- like a sanitorium.

cibolo on September 14, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Beyonce certainly has more class than Kayne.

Potter on September 14, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Yes she does have more but that’s not saying much. She is not classy.

shick on September 14, 2009 at 10:18 AM