Shuster urges caution on abortion shooter’s motive, then blames Joe Wilson’s outburst on racism

posted at 7:41 pm on September 11, 2009 by Allahpundit

Magnifique, even by the lofty standards of MSNBC. You’re going to get that 10 p.m. show yet, Dave. From his Twitter feed this afternoon, extending an achingly scrupulous benefit of the doubt to the nut who did, indeed, have abortion on the brain when he pulled the trigger:

To be clear, the murder of anybody is horrific. But, it’s too early to ascribe a political motivation to the suspect.

And then, an hour or so later, it’s speculation time:

SHUSTER: I’ve heard from so many people the fact that Joe Wilson is from South Carolina – he was part of the Sons of the Confederacy or supported the group, he voted against removing the Confederate flag – that even though we don’t know what was, I suppose, in the heart of Joe Wilson, but it strikes a lot of people as awfully close to the idea that maybe there was some sort of racist or bigoted element there. And especially then when you look up at the picture and you see older white men, all Republicans, sitting there. Just it gives off a strange vibe.

Blowing away an old man known for carrying pro-life signs didn’t give off any vibes? Or at least, none as intense as a guy yelling “you lie”?

Oh, by the way, the “Wilson’s a speed freak” smear has been replaced by the “Wilson’s a racist” smear on the left now, with a group of black newspaper publishers entering the fray to formally bless ye olde playing of the race card. Chuck Todd actually kicked it off this morning with this Shuster-esque exercise in “just asking questions” race-baiting, which makes this the second day in a row that he’s used his blog — transparently — to push lefty talking points about Wilson to the rest of the media. Maybe Shuster and Todd at 10 p.m. instead? Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

sarainitaly on September 11, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Uh…what’s ‘cash’?

Liam on September 11, 2009 at 9:25 PM

There’s no other way to say this.

Shuster’s a wanker.

fesofee on September 11, 2009 at 9:25 PM

jerrytbg on September 11, 2009 at 9:17 PM

when are you going to quit hiding? where is your clickable link?

sarainitaly on September 11, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Shuster’s a wanker.

fesofee on September 11, 2009 at 9:25 PM

You assume he has something to wank, right?

OK enough of the small talk… ~snickers~

Liam on September 11, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Wilson’s a speed freak” smear has been replaced by the “Wilson’s a racist”

He should just say Im not a racist, i only think his white half lies.

Greed on September 11, 2009 at 9:28 PM

I don’t watch MSNBC and I can tell you without watching they will claim any and everything is racist. This is the ACORN Network.

Dr Evil on September 11, 2009 at 9:31 PM

yes i am AGII. it says so on my blog.

sarainitaly on September 11, 2009 at 9:21 PM

May I open my mouth and insert my foot…Yes that was rhetorical…lol
I only looked at the first post on your site…and guess what…it was you…duh…sorry…
If all goes well as to plan “Q”, next June or July I’ll post a link… fair enough? And I’ll even give you one of the first DVD’s of the restoration of “Bonus Life”.

jerrytbg on September 11, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Shuster the Shyster at it again!

MCGIRV on September 11, 2009 at 9:44 PM

jerrytbg on September 11, 2009 at 9:43 PM

you are still confusing me, but at least I don’t feel like you hate me anymore.

sarainitaly on September 11, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Shuster wears Depends

Jeff from WI on September 11, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Shuster started life so ugly the family’s German Shepherd feared him.

Jeff from WI on September 11, 2009 at 9:59 PM

you are still confusing me, but at least I don’t feel like you hate me anymore.

sarainitaly on September 11, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Do I have to…OK…Your moniker here is SarainItaly and the first and ALL posts…my failure in only reading one, is American girl in Italy…Why not SarainItaly…
Make sense?

jerrytbg on September 11, 2009 at 10:04 PM

i think you just made it worse. haha

I started my blog a few years ago as AGII. After this past primary, and my disgust with the Dems, I settled on sarainitaly. At 43 I felt a little too old for Girl.

sarainitaly on September 11, 2009 at 10:09 PM

when i changed, i had to keep the AGII because of registration. i also wanted to keep it, since i still get searches from there.

sarainitaly on September 11, 2009 at 10:12 PM

errrr…You deserve a spanking for that one…’)
I refuse to debase myself any further …;P

jerrytbg on September 11, 2009 at 10:18 PM

score! i think i just won one.

Ok, now that we have fully discussed *me* for two hours, we can move on. see you in another thread.
:O)

sarainitaly on September 11, 2009 at 10:21 PM

At 43 I felt a little too old for Girl.

sarainitaly on September 11, 2009 at 10:09 PM

oooh…hey little girl …want a piece of candy…’)

jerrytbg on September 11, 2009 at 10:21 PM

The one good thing that will eventually emerge?

We’re all sick to death of pundits telling us what to think.

Good gravy.

AnninCA on September 11, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Allocator2008 I’m a Fan of Allocator2008 I’m a fan of this user 2 fans permalink
We should bring back the guillotine and put it right in front of the capitol. Then on cnn live, we should execute Congressman Wilson for treason.

We should then execute Cheney and henchmen for the attempted murder of Valerie Plame.

We should place their heads on sticks and display them on the national mall so that the world may no that injustice and tyranny will not long remain unavenged in the United States of America.

Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 02:03 PM on 09/11/2009

Stay classy, liberals!

CPL 310 on September 11, 2009 at 10:26 PM

All 3 people that watch “Little Dicky” Shuster must be amused. He is a pompous jerk who is delusional.

MSNBC is the ACORN of news organizations – covered with smegma.

Cleveland Steamer on September 11, 2009 at 10:51 PM

There is a new age movement that has begun…I can sense it, and can’t wait until the marxists, communists, “community organizers” and other far left wack jobs get shoved in the garbage.

It is coming…I can see it.

And I am going to be part of it.

Cleveland Steamer on September 11, 2009 at 10:53 PM

They’re all bourgeois socialists anyway, according to Marx. They’re the limo liberals who want socialism & communism for everyone else, but ultimately so they can enjoy the trappings of the bourgeois and play lords over the proletariat. Marx hated them more than even his caricature of evil capitalist industrialists.

CPL 310 on September 11, 2009 at 10:56 PM

everyone’s a racist, get used to it… yawn

D2Boston on September 11, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Shuster and his boss Olbermann have been viciously smearing the pro-Life movement for years. They are at least partly to blame for this elderly disabled man’s death.

WarEagle01 on September 11, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Re: McCain. May I please have my vote back? I’d like to cast it instead for Alfred E. Neuman. What, me worry? Yes, “that” Alfred E. Neuman!

Goldy1 on September 11, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Does swiping the race card ever get old?

Andy in Agoura Hills on September 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Quite obviously Wilson is a racist, redneck, speed freak with probable neurological damage resulting from a lifetime of self abuse. There can be no other logical explanation for his outburst.

R Square on September 12, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Wait, isn’t David Shuster an idiot?

Follow up, he’s on MSNBC, so haven’t more people seen this stupidity here than on television?

Finally, who gives a steaming coil what that fool “thinks”?

SuperCool on September 12, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Race is over.

Enough of this transparent political b.s.

Race is over.

profitsbeard on September 12, 2009 at 12:42 AM

David Shuster is a dolt.

SoulGlo on September 12, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Shuster is such a tool ….

probably, in fact, a nutdriver.

dissent555 on September 12, 2009 at 12:51 AM

I honestly have tried to fathom the liberal mind and cannot. How does one engage in such blatant intellectual dishonesty? I am partisan I admit but I would never could never ignore misdeeds engaged by people of my mindset and howl for a lynching of others opposed to me. He must know he is full of sh*t and simply not care. He is a tool.

HawaiiLwyr on September 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Shuster….go F— yourself !

No seriously ! Go F—- yourself !!

cableguy615 on September 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Another Liberal so-called journalist JACK*SS on parade!!

canopfor on September 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Shuster always looks like he is getting an enema under the desk as he speaks. It’s a toss up though on who has a lower IQ Shuster or Schultz. I still lean to Shuster since Schultz somehow managed to get Shuster’s 6PM slot.

msmveritas on September 12, 2009 at 3:29 AM

8 people watch that network, so he’s speaking only to family member who think he’s great

Jeff from WI on September 12, 2009 at 8:35 AM

I won’t watch it. I despise everything Shuster and I suspect most of the rest of the country does as well judging by his ratings. If I thought he’d offer anything constructive to the story, I’d watch. But I know he won’t.

RobbBond on September 12, 2009 at 8:45 AM

“outburst on racism”

OUTCRY AGAINST LIES

trickle down honesty:

Top down, hold the speaker of words accountable for their accuracy on the record!

Rep. Wilson rakes $750,000 in donations in 48 hours!

Washington Post
Republicans expect Wilson to also top more than $1 million by Monday because of the immense publicity he’s received in the last 48 hours. In the relatively inexpensive South Carolina district, which takes in the southern portion of the state, the two opponents will likely have their two-year budgets filled in less than a week, strategists say.

To put this fund-raising haul in perspective, Wilson, by early next week, could equal the total amount of money he raised in the entire two-year-election cycle of 2008, when he raised a little more than $1.1 million.

maverick muse on September 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM

RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST RACIST racist Racist RACIST racist RACIST
racist racist racist

BigAlSouth on September 12, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Shuster urges hush-hush on murder of pro-life, postponing any reporting until the fabrication has been completed for a whole cloth story; for instance, that the murder victim would have hired his assassin and hence committed suicide.

Last night’s talk radio news break, the MSM framed the murder victim as “anti-abortion activist”. In turn, then, truly the MSM along with the victim’s murderer are “anti-life activists”.

maverick muse on September 12, 2009 at 8:53 AM

RobbBond on September 12, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Yep. We only hear about Shuster @ HotAir, & just don’t visit the MSM.

maverick muse on September 12, 2009 at 8:56 AM

#341 Dan

Aren’t facts great. When I had it up to my neck with all the Republicans or racist Democrats aren’t bullshit, I found that website National Black Republicans Association. Lot’s of very interesting things there.

The Republican party was started in 1854 as the anti-slavery party.

Did you know that President John F. Kennedy voted against the civil rights bill while Senator along with Albert Gore, Sr., Robert Byrd and Sam Ervin, all Democratic senators.

Did you know that the KKK was formed in 1866 by the Democrats to lynch and terrorize Republicans, black and white. To combat the terrorizim the Republicans passed the Civil Rights act of 1866 and the Reconciliation Act of 1867 that would create a fairer system for blacks in the south.

The 14th Amendment was pushed by Republicans to grant blacks citizenship.

nondhimmie on September 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM

This is why i dont trust the government or their
communist media

They coverup hen the democrats are beginning to murder
protestors
then complain if you disagree with obama
Too damn bad
I dont care anymore what you liberal democraps think

veteranoutrage on September 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Joe Wilson is a liberals worst nightmare. He is Joe the Plumber with a law degree and a seat in Congress.

percysunshine on September 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM

#341 Dan

The Republican party was started in 1854 as the anti-slavery party.

The 14th Amendment was pushed by Republicans to grant blacks citizenship.

nondhimmie on September 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Lies! All lies ! Everyone knows Republicans are racists and Dumbocrats are all such peace-loving tolerant folks!
//s

It’s amazing to me how Dems and Libtards are constantly accusing their conservative opponents of harboring the inner-prejudices they constantly deny they have, despite evidence almost daily to the contrary.

cableguy615 on September 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM

What an incredible, useless, moronic tool Shuster is. Ugly inside and out. With that gaping maw of his flapping up and down with all his vitriol it brings out hateful emotions in me that I never have for others, and I never even watch his stupid non existent channel. The only time I ever listen to him is on here or just reading his crap is enough to make me blow my stack. I really would like to take that sissy boy to task sometime.

jistincase on September 12, 2009 at 11:19 AM