Video: Reaction to Joe Wilson on “The View” exactly what you’d expect

posted at 7:56 pm on September 10, 2009 by Allahpundit

I owe you a post to mark Meggie Mac’s two days of guest-hosting, if only to give you a chance to hammer me in the comments for my prior boosterism of her. She’s not quite the worst offender here; that would be Joy, for her sub-idiotic whining about the GOP’s “body language” at the very end. But do savor the irony of La McCain chiding us about the virtues of civility (“We cannot have this kind of dialogue in this country”) after (a) participating in an ad campaign that reduces opponents of gay marriage to “H8ers” and (b) holding up her dad, whose temper is so legendary that it actually became a campaign issue in a presidential election, as a model of mellow bipartisanship. Quote of the day, or maybe of the whole year: “People ask me how I became this type of Republican. It comes from the top.”

Newsbusters has much more, including some of The View’s own great moments in civility over the years (sample: Whoopi asking Meggie’s father if slavery was back on the table should he win the election). Exit question: Sherri Shepherd was up until 1 a.m. dialing Joe Wilson’s office to complain? The speech ended at nine.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

I can’t watch clips from the View, they’re just so…tawdry. I did read what they said, and if that’s not a perfect example of righteous indignation, I don’t know what is. Please…give the guy a break. He wasn’t the only one in the crowd making comments and face it, the President lies. I get emotional about it too. I could probably restrain myself from saying so in a setting like that, but hey, I’m just a citizen. Imagine how frustrated some of the Congress people are with this President.

scalleywag on September 11, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Fat.

change is for suckers on September 11, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Spc Steve on September 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Steve, Steve, Steve.

Read my comment here.

csdeven on September 11, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Secondly, I really don’t understand why anyone gives Ms. McCain a microphone. There are so many other people who could give credible remarks about politics, especially from the view of the right…she isn’t one of them.

scalleywag on September 11, 2009 at 9:00 AM

scalleywag on September 11, 2009 at 9:00 AM

The only ones giving her a microphone are those who want the republican party de-legitimized. She is a willing tool to the moonbat left and if he said one single thing promoting the republican party, they would kick her to the street.

csdeven on September 11, 2009 at 9:03 AM

“They all like John McCain.” Now there’s an endorsement. And that sweet I agree with the thumb up. What a crock. Does John McCain have a clue as to what this fight’s about?

Ernest on September 11, 2009 at 9:06 AM

What’s the chances of McCain being dethroned from his senate seat?

Blake on September 11, 2009 at 9:11 AM

scalleywag on September 11, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Seems like you answered your own question.

Lehosh on September 11, 2009 at 9:20 AM

And for people complaining about “tone” with Ms. McCain…

Megs will get exactly the same level of decorum that her thoughtful insights into politics and culture deserve.

To wit: Man the harpoons! Someone needs to send this whale out to sea.

Lehosh on September 11, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Steve, Steve, Steve.

Read my comment here.

csdeven on September 11, 2009 at 8:58 AM

No excuse. You all are acting like children. I’m sure more the a few relatively new lurkers look at these posts, look at the commments, then think to themselves “Man, all these people do is talk about her weight. I guess they can’t argue the issue.”

Listen, I can’t stand her. However, I’m intellectually honest enough to know that (a) attacking her looks is very immature (especially sinc she is quite the looker), (b) talking about people who are more then 10 pounds overweight as if they are eeeeeevvvvviiiillll is a lefty talking point, and (c) you’re destracting for the issue when you do nothing but insult her looks.

DethMetalCookieMonst on September 11, 2009 at 9:37 AM

DethMetalCookieMonst on September 11, 2009 at 9:37 AM

I’d be delighted to hear what exactly the “issue” is we’re supposed to be arguing with Meghan “All Your Moonpies Are Belong to Me” McCain. She doesn’t raise any “issues”… She says “look how cool I am! I have tattoos and I know some gay people. Take THAT old white guys!”

Yep. We sure can’t argue the “issue” with Chubs McCain…

Lehosh on September 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Knock it off with the fat jokes, please. Don’t make her a martyr.

Allahpundit on September 10, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Really? Maing fun of her weight will increase her martyr cred more than making fun of her vapid uselessness?

Must be a sign of youth to think that being mocked for something she could actually do something about – like her weight – is worse than being mocked for being a stupid self-centered shameless foul mouthed ditz who really needs to STFU.

Ah – the shallowness of youth.

katiejane on September 11, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Yep. We sure can’t argue the “issue” with Chubs McCain…

Lehosh on September 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM

I suppose if her TWITter is any indication the conversation would go like this….

MM: so the GOP should stop worrying about whether or not Obama has friends who used to use “bombs” as a form of protest and embrace the doggy position!

me: Megan, darling love the new do….what precisely does the dorsal position have to do with the runaway deficit potnetial of the new government programs and how is that wonderful uniter Barack able to make spending as much in a year as Reagan spent in 8 with regards to the debt feel like so much fun???

um, “no”

sven10077 on September 11, 2009 at 9:47 AM

DethMetalCookieMonst on September 11, 2009 at 9:37 AM

+10.

patriette on September 11, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Fat.
change is for suckers on September 11, 2009 at 8:58 AM

lmao

metric on September 11, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Why is meg so hurky-jerky. Seems like one of those Fembots short circuiting from Austin Powers

NickelAndDime on September 11, 2009 at 10:26 AM

i am sure it hasn’t been mentioned but is Porky McLame fatter than before?

I guess the stress of being the self appointed and self anointed fat face of the young republicans is getting to her.

Seriously Mehgan should just switch party affiliations.

From Rino to Fatso.

BillaryMcBush on September 11, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Yep. We sure can’t argue the “issue” with Chubs McCain…

Lehosh on September 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM

How about arguing how she isn’t a conservative like she claims to be and explain why she isn’t a conservative. That’s what I do when people bring her up.

DethMetalCookieMonst on September 11, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Also, let’s not forget that pre-election day 2008 that many, MANY people here were talking about how hot Meggy-Mac is.

DethMetalCookieMonst on September 11, 2009 at 10:37 AM

DethMetalCookieMonst on September 11, 2009 at 10:34 AM

been there done that got the t-shirt…she sells herself as a combination pundit sex symbol….I’ve engaged the first happy to nuke the latter.

sven10077 on September 11, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Meg is not smart. She is a talking parrot for the Democrats in their attack of the Republicans. This is why Joy and her ilk love Meg. She is a “Republican” who espouses an absolutely Democrat agenda. Please, Meg, move to the correct party with your Dad and join Arlen Specter.

allstonian on September 11, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I also love the fact that Behar illustrates the blindness that both sides, Republicans and Democrats, have for their own foibles.

allstonian on September 11, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Read the comments. This is just from the vault. Headlines links weren’t included and, face it, FAR more headlines posts were made regarding her then front-page stuff on HA.

DethMetalCookieMonst on September 11, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Larger than Life.

CynicalOptimist on September 11, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Because she’s the MSM’s version of a Moby. She claims to be a conservative…but is anything but. And she’s a loudmouth. AND…she looks pretty. That savory combination is just pure red meat + A1 sauce to the hungry dogs that are the liberal press.

And AP, actually, I applaud you for showing this, but I just gotta ask: what exactly did she say to make you fall out of stalkerish love for her?

CatsGodot on September 11, 2009 at 1:13 PM

She is just absolutely the opposite of arousing.

loganthompson on September 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Ugh, now I really wish I hadn’t watched that pile of dog feces that…no, wait, that’s unfair. To call that video a pile of dog feces is really an insult to dog feces anywhere.

All I need to say is: the press refused to stand for EIGHT YEARS whenever Bush held a press conference. When Obama was elected, they resumed standing.

‘Nuff said. Stupid, blind, lying hypocrites. To The View, the media in general: don’t talk about “all this sudden disrespect” bull-poo. You’re not just worthy of it. Shut up–no one’s taking you seriously anymore. We’re not the blind idiots that you think you are. …Well, maybe The View’s audience, sure. Then again, I don’t know anyone who actually watches The View. Anyone I know is gainfully employed and actually doing something constructive and meaningful to society during the day. ….much unlike the folks at The View.

CatsGodot on September 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM

She does, however, have a nice pair to motorboat.

GREENTURTLE on September 11, 2009 at 4:57 PM

She sounds even more stupid on video than she does reading her pablum in my head.

I thought i had a bad impression of that fat turd before, but this first video i have ever seen of her convinced me i was far to generous.

What a moron…John and Cindy must be so proud.

I am shocked…if she is the new face of the young republican party as she claims she is, we are in trouble.

BillaryMcBush on September 11, 2009 at 5:46 PM