Video: GOP congressman yells “liar” at Obama; Update: Wilson apologizes

posted at 9:27 pm on September 9, 2009 by Allahpundit

The culprit was South Carolina rep Joe Wilson, who felt moved to act when The One told what was, in fact, a lie. Although certainly not his biggest of the night: Where this jackass gets off lecturing Americans on civility after his cretinous cronies spent a month demagoging the hell out of every protester in sight is beyond me. You’re Mr. Clean, aren’t you, champ? And bottom-feeders like Harry Reid are your hatchet men. Nice work if you can get it.

I’m told that his magic number of “47 million” uninsured Americans magically dropped to 30 million uninsured in this speech, presumably to omit the illegal immigrants who were inflating the tally. Here’s a photo of Wilson at work. Click the image to watch.

Update: When do Obama and Reid apologize for their month of jackassery?

“This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 15 16 17

I SUPPORT JOE WILSON!!!

It sucks he apologized and feh to all the creepy repubs who say he did wrong, but this is the FIRST shot (just you watch!) and someone HAD to say it!

Where do I send money to support him? How do I let him know!

OBAMA IS A PROFLIGATE LIAR!!!

Gob on September 10, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Now if one of those Blonde babes on Fox runs with it I will …. well lets just say get excited… if its Megan Kelly or Gretchen or Julie, Rebecca, Lauren, E.D, Kiran, Terry, Jamie, Janice or Juliet, that runs the tape and says Pinnochio lies my day will be complete even better if they tell that old tired pervert McSame to STFU and go to the dog track…

What if it’s Greta Van Susteren? Heh.

NathanG on September 10, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I finally got through to Wilson’s office, expressed my thanks and support (and my wife’s too). The guy who answered the phone said they’ve been beaten up a lot today with a lot of angry callers. He said that in the past few hours however they’ve gotten a lot of supportive calls. Further, he said his district is pretty supportive and of calls from his constituency, they’ve been mostly supportive. So, that’s good.

Call and express your support!

Darksean on September 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM

NathanG on September 10, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Greta’s good and has about 5 X the viewership of old Tingly Legs and his side kick Olberdork. I was runnin out of time tryin to name all the Fox babes I’m sure I forgot a few.

OREally could make some hay with that video too but he’s too busy tryin not to offend the leftoids and makin sure he’s a hemroid to all.

dhunter on September 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM

…I finally got through to Wilson’s office, expressed my He said that in the past few hours however they’ve gotten a lot of supportive calls. Further, he said his district is pretty supportive and of calls from his constituency, they’ve been mostly supportive. So, that’s good.

Call and express your support!

Darksean on September 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I did so, too. The girl who answered was very grateful for the call of support. Here’s the DC number: 202.225.2452

RepubChica on September 10, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Berry and the Libs getting all WeeWee’d up because someone call this clown a liar? Big Brother been listening to what I have to said about this asshole for eight months.
Calling him a liar is not in the Top Ten.

McCain…..STFU!

try again later on September 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM

You Lie!! (very good).
You scum sucking liar!! (even better).
You scum sucking liar trying to cram a crap sandwich down the throats of every American, you son of a . . . (you get the picture – the best!).

DuctTapeMyBrain on September 10, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Well this is politics, not baseball. And in politics if YOU don’t take direction from the fans you WILL wind up in the stands.

RepubChica on September 10, 2009 at 2:32 PM

While I won’t nitpick about which sport Bill Polian helped manage to a Super Bowl victory (and 4 Super Bowl losses with another team!), it should be noted that Congressional turnover should be INFINITELY higher than it really is, if you really believe the silly statement you made.

And it’s not just HA commenters, either, as any perusal of DU and Kos should attest.

BradSchwartze on September 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Several pages on google pointing to where to donate to Joe Wilson have been scrubbed.

The URL published here was working when I copied it:

History Chaser on September 10, 2009 at 3:03 PM

BradSchwartze on September 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I believe it, silly. When the voting places are closed for business and the campaigning stops you may have a point. Until then, please register to vote.

RepubChica on September 10, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Joe Wilson rocks!

He apologizes for his lack of civility but does not retract

Obama lies about Palin, for everyone knows where his lie is pointed, and he gets applause. Then Obama lies about his Health Care package to foist a con on the public, and Joe Wilson screams out the truth

Make my day

I repeat what I posted elsewhere. Hillarycare was going to mandate national ID cards, because they needed to verify who was eligible for the benefits. Without such level of authentication, illegals will be covered. Employers who knowingly hire illegals will have to conver their employees or simply pay the 8 percent penalty tax which is even cheaper and gets all employees covered.

The American citizen is going to get taxed and rationed to cover an entire nation of illegals with a cap on out of pocket and no limit on catastrophic

With this lie, Obama is also lying about the cost and he is setting the stage for the biggest wave off illegal migration in the history of the world. Got cancer? Got TB? Come on in

entagor on September 10, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Calling him a liar is not in the Top Ten.

McCain….STFU!

try again later on September 10, 2009 at 3:17 PM

You Lie!! (very good).
You scum sucking liar!! (even better).

DuctTapeMyBrain on September 10, 2009 at 3:00 PM

ROFLMAO!
No Obamabrownies for you!

Roy Rogers on September 10, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Hannity is saying Wilson’s joining him at the top of the hour!

Darksean on September 10, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Wilson apologized for letting his emotions getting the best of him, not for what he said. Nothing wrong with that.

GT on September 10, 2009 at 10:44 AM

‘Zactly.

I sent Wilson a fax expressing my support. My reps are California loons, which means my letters and calls to them bounce off a cement wall. At least someone is willing to say what we were shouting at the TV.

President “Get In Their Faces” can whine all he likes. Earn the respect, don’t demand it.

evergreen on September 10, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Wilson must’ve really struck a nerve, what with troll patrol out in force.

Christien on September 10, 2009 at 10:33 AM
Wilson could be the reason this thing passes. What Blue Dog Dem wants to associate this opposition like this?

Struck a nerve? No. Thankful? YES!

cornfedbubba on September 10, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Your Joking I’m sure? Huh? No? The blue dogs know that if they support any of this entire thing they are toast in the next election as well as lots of other Democrats. You’re in trouble when you start believing your own press releases. I think they may be brighter than that but maybe not.

whbates on September 10, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Wilson should never have apologized.

Omaba WAS lying, and he needed to be called out on it.

RWR

RightWingRocker on September 10, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Personally I welcome the day when our legislators act like British parliamentarians with jeers and catcalls for the leaders of each side. It would be better than all of the backscratching and fake “My friend from the other side of the aisle” BS we have now.

We don’t have to turn into Taiwan, with fistfights and chairs being thrown all the time, but we would all be better off if our legislators would call out blatant lies by the other side on C-SPAN for all to see.

Dukeboy01 on September 10, 2009 at 4:40 PM

FINALLY! Someone in Washington speaks as I would were I there! Civility my arse…

Driefromseattle on September 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM

H.R. 3200: Sec 246 — NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

Amazing that when the President tells the truth, y’all call him a liar and believe it. When the President actually lies (WMDs) no one cares.

Constant Parrhesia on September 10, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Sorry, Parrhesia, but you bit on the SUCKER BAIT which the Democrats put into the bill to fool people who don’t read the whole thing.

The dishonest proponents of the outrageous health care bill love try to change the subject. They point out the part of the bill (HR3200 Section 246) where illegal aliens are specifically denied tax credits for healthcare.

Of course the proponents “forget” to read the part of the bill where illegal aliens are specifically exempted from the healthcare tax (pg 170, Sec 401): a provision which makes the tax credits a worthless “red herring!” No illegal needs a credit because he has a much better deal: he doesn’t pay any taxes for healthcare!

But the subject is not “credits” but government-funded health care for illegal aliens. The proponents “forget” to read the “nondiscrimination” provision (HR3200, pg 50-51, Sec 152) which is clearly designed to award health care benefits to illegal aliens. And when challenged, they accuse questioners of “reading it wrong”: a position which is exposed as a lie by the proponents’ failure to even consider any measures which would explicitly exclude benefits for illegal aliens.

The Obama administration has been caught in a huge lie. The health care bill (HR 3200) does provide health care to illegal aliens!!!

landlines on September 10, 2009 at 5:10 PM

dhunter on September 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Yeah. I was just making a joke about Greta’s…ahem….ugliness. I love Greta and Bill. Bill’s my kind of pundit. Middle of the road but leans conservative. Hannity annoys me though. Beck’s great too. Doesn’t give a flying f*ck about what other people say about him. Just keeps fighting the good fight. Tingly Legs can bite me and Olbermann needs to be shot square in the forehead. Hope that doesn’t get me banned but I really feel that way. He’s a worthless human being. No conservative pundit (with maybe the exception of Michael Savage) has ever said the outrageous, hateful things that Olbermann has. He’s a douchebag. Nuff said.

NathanG on September 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Did the lying son of an African Marxist, say anything that was true last night when they preempted Jeopardy, to show him?

darktood on September 10, 2009 at 5:33 PM

The One is now on record – he has been called out on national TV – now, we sit and wait to see what really is in the bill presented to the Congress.

whatzit2u on September 10, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Watching Akbar’s WH residency go down like the Hindenburg is actually becoming entertaining. Who’d of thought that?

Blacksmith8 on September 10, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I say anyone that can get into an Obama speech should yell ‘You Lie’ at the first lie he tells… (1st minute?)

Or better yet, any politicians first lie… Call them out.

Classy? Nah. Effective? Maybe.

Why let Joe be the only one who speaks his mind?

bbordwell on September 11, 2009 at 12:29 PM

All this ado, consternation and ruckus name calling concerning one, Joe Wilson…?

His name ain’t Joe Wilson, folks…!

It’s Addison Graves Wilson Sr.
I know some Joe’s and Addison ain’t no Joe!

Geezer on September 12, 2009 at 9:47 AM