Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on September 8, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

The White House posted this picture of Barack Obama last week on its blog:

Seriously — a halo?  Didn’t we get enough of this during the campaign?  It was bad enough then, coming from the national media.  It says something strange that the White House itself is flacking Obama-halo pics.  I guess they’re looking at the same polls we are …

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

So, is there really a light back there or is it photo shopped onto him? I’m going for photo shop.

boomer on September 8, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Let’s stuff Ogabe in a cave sealed with a giant stone door.

If he really is the Messiah then he will be able to move the stone and escape. If not, oh well.

Bishop on September 8, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Next week we’ll be shown a photo of Barack Obama appearing suspended over the stage, hovering there a foot off the ground, “walking on air” by way of perspective or bungee chords or magic suspenders (who cares, at this point).

Lourdes on September 8, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Start imitating Bruno to get back in 50+?? It’ll never work.

ProfessorMiao on September 8, 2009 at 8:59 AM

I’m going for a light behind his head and a photog who couldn’t resist the opportunity for a little artistic license.

TimBuk3 on September 8, 2009 at 9:00 AM

The glow surrounding this mans head is the glow of pure evil radiating out of those huge ears…

Keemo on September 8, 2009 at 9:02 AM

I bet Glenn beck could give some good lessons to the Press Corps. Wouldn’t you love to see him invited to attend and give the first question to Beck.

Then we would see an unscripted Press Conference.

bluegrass on September 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM

It’s not a halo, but the beginning of the Transfiguration. He was about to ascend to true godhood, when he thought better of it and said to himself, “jes a lil while longer…”

OkieDoc on September 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM

There are some things that just are so absurd you have to laugh. This is one of those things! I fully expect to see this image on candles that the faithful can place before the Obama shrine in their homes as they worship “The One.”

highhopes on September 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM

That’s racist! Why does the halo always have to be white. Who knows what color the original halo really was. Whoever the racist photoshopper was who made this ought to lose his job.

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM

This gives me an idea. I better patent it quickly. An Obama lamp with the head that lights up. Sold at every Democrat convention and small ghetto corner grocery store.

Jeff from WI on September 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM

That’s not a halo, it’s a haze of smoke and cocaine dust.

Monica on September 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Monica on September 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM

LOL…Good one

ZeeMI on September 8, 2009 at 9:11 AM

May he ascend into heaven (or descend) at the earliest possible moment.

The last thing this country needs at this moment in time is Barack Obama.

And he’s always acted like he’s doing us a favor by being here so I say, go away, Barack, just go away.

NoDonkey on September 8, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Jeff from WI on September 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM

You didn’t get yours, yet? Mine is positioned right by my Che(aah) Obama plant.

OkieDoc on September 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM

You didn’t get yours, yet? Mine is positioned right by my Che(aah) Obama plant.

OkieDoc on September 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM

LOL…with the Joe Biden alarm clock with his arms spinning to tell the time?

Jeff from WI on September 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Really! Make it a black hole to symbolize the way the nation is being sucked into oblivion by the filthy liar and his corrupt party who won’t even remove Rengal from his Chairmanship of the Ways & Means committee because he’s black.

highhopes on September 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Yep, that’s it. Is yours the commemorative Al Jolsen model?

OkieDoc on September 8, 2009 at 9:19 AM

highhopes on September 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM

A President who allows Rangle to remain in office while knowing him to be corrupt and engaged in criminal activities, is ignoring his responsibilities under checks and balances. The executive branch has a legal obligation to go after the Legislature on this, and Obama isn’t doing it. I would say there are constitutional issues involved that some enterprising Republican ought to explore. As for the people tolerating Rangel and Pelosi, and most importantly, their not demanding that Obama act, I have nothing civil to say.

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM

It looks like his cyborg brain is finally overheating.

bitsy on September 8, 2009 at 9:24 AM

HEY ED! Doesn’t Obama as head of exec branch have a legal obligation to stand up against corruption in the legislature??

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Everyone who thinks today’s speech to kids in school is innocent, and protesters are overreacting — look at that picture.

If you don’t see the connection, then you’re in denial.

Daggett on September 8, 2009 at 9:27 AM

You didn’t get yours, yet? Mine is positioned right by my Che(aah) Obama plant.

OkieDoc on September 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM
LOL…with the Joe Biden alarm clock with his arms spinning to tell the time?

Jeff from WI on September 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM

LOLOL

cmsinaz on September 8, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Look what He did to Lucipher/Lucifer. Obama ought to take the whole “I’m so righteous, holy and fine” thing off the menu.

Lourdes on September 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Lucipher = Lucifer. Satan wanted to be God because he has a major self-image problem. God will make the proud humble.

jbh45 on September 8, 2009 at 8:42 AM

I was efforting to be polite to an earlier commenter here who referred to “Lucipher” (spelled that way, they did).

So I just repeated that but added my own correction as to how I spell the name, “Lucifer” when I am unfortunate enough to have to do so.

I was making an effort to be polite to someone else here. And, I agree with you summation otherwise.

Lourdes on September 8, 2009 at 9:32 AM

If you don’t see the connection, then you’re in denial.

Daggett on September 8, 2009 at 9:27 AM

One of the many reasons I detest Mike Huckabee was made clear this morning when I heard him refer to objections to this speech as “tempest in a teabag.” This should have been a simple event that could have been done without controversy but leave it to the filthy liar to stumble on something so simple by making it all about how the little kids could serve him.

highhopes on September 8, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Start imitating Bruno to get back in 50+?? It’ll never work.

ProfessorMiao on September 8, 2009 at 8:59 AM

At least Bruno walks ON THE GROUND, even with those lifts in his otherwise dainty shoes.

Obama’s likely as anything just standing on that stage surrounded by a fog of Kools and Pixie Dust.

Lourdes on September 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM

The really important thing here is that the House Ethics committee should be removing him from his job. Pelosi is shirking her duty by completely ignoring this criminal behavior.

highhopes on September 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Really! Make it a black hole…

highhopes on September 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I’m originally from Dallas, and we have our very own professional-type race baiter on the city council… seriously, John Wiley-Price could give Al & Jesse lessons.

Anyway, last year he went into a tizzy because someone mentioned a black hole during a meeting. The rant during a follow-up interview is pure comedy gold.

jana on September 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM

That’s steam coming out of his ears because he got pwned over his Green Czar choice.

Alden Pyle on September 8, 2009 at 9:37 AM

It’s not a halo; he just had an idea! But is it racist that it is a white light?

exhelodrvr on September 8, 2009 at 9:41 AM

I think maybe the entire WH staff has an average age of 13.5. That is the only explanation for this I can find. Except for the Dear Leader, explanation.

TXMomof3 on September 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I think maybe the entire WH staff has an average age of 13.5.

TXMomof3 on September 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Either that, or they’re just idiots.

jana on September 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM

THIS IS NOT A CULT OF PERSONALITY!

GarandFan on September 8, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Either that, or they’re just idiots.

jana on September 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM

You are right, of course.

TXMomof3 on September 8, 2009 at 9:54 AM

boomer on September 8, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Neither. His magnificence cannot be contained by human form.

Jim Treacher on September 8, 2009 at 9:56 AM

highhopes on September 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I understand it’s supposed to work that way, but we know why it isn’t. Corruption in one of the branches of gov’t is always possible. That’s why there’s checks and balances. Now we also understand that Obama doesn’t want to do anything about corruption in the legislature. But the really important thing here in my mind is that he be held accountable for that decision!

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM

You are right, of course.

TXMomof3 on September 8, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Come to think of it, I wish they were actually 13-year-olds… then there would be a chance that they would grow up at some point.

As it is, if they’re just idiots… well, we don’t have much hope of that happening.

jana on September 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 9:25 AM

No, JD, neither he nor the Justice Dep’t (under him) is required to prosecute any crime, including official misconduct or corruption, etc.

But, of course, they have the authority to do so, just like they had the authority to prosecute the Black Panthers intimidating the voters, but declined to do so.

TXUS on September 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM

You know, I really wouldn’t want to be Obama or his handlers who come up with this stuff. It’s this kind of thing that really pisses God off.

Daggett on September 8, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Jesus Christ.

HAnthonyWayne on September 8, 2009 at 10:22 AM

That is one nasty Photoshop job, the perpetrator didn’t even pretend to make it natural. Distinct solid one-tone white outline on his head and an amateurish job of diffusing the light in the halo. If it wasn’t from the WH site, one would assume the intent was satirical hagiography– as it will forever be used by the opposition.

Yecchhh!

obladioblada on September 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM

But is it racist that it is a white light?

exhelodrvr on September 8, 2009 at 9:41 AM

We should all just go ahead and give him his due and change the white light to a black one.

Lourdes on September 8, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Who knew when Jesus came back for judgment day he would be so up with the times he has the microphone, teleprompter, the clothes and he even shaved.

Tremmy on September 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Good Grief…

Let’s reiterate:

What if George had donnit?

franksalterego on September 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM

boomer on September 8, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Indeed. The lighting in that room is on the ceiling. Anyone know the venue? Are there other photos from this event?

Akzed on September 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM

jana on September 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I have no doubt this jackass will receive a position as an Obama ‘advisor’ soon. Rumor has it a spot opened up over the weekend.

ZeeMI on September 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Jesus Christ.

HAnthonyWayne on September 8, 2009 at 10:22 AM

No no no no, it’s just Obama.

Daggett on September 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I see a Glow Worm, but my sordid side sees a nerd playing pocket pool.

I’m truly ashamed of meself.

ziggyville on September 8, 2009 at 10:54 AM

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 9:25 AM

TXUS on September 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Allow me to re-phrase my question. Isn’t inaction and “no comment” from the executive branch about an ongoing miscarriage of justice at the legislative branch, a situation that ought to be made public, and that public criticism of said exec. should be promoted, and said exec made accountable to the people?

HEY GLENN! HOW ABOUT GOING AFTER RANGEL? FORCE OBAMA’S HAND!! EXPOSE OBAMA AS THE COMMIE FRAUD HE IS!!! Thank you. Have a nice day.

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM

The amazing thing to me is that there are people out there who really believe in this guy.

Susanboo on September 8, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I guess they’re looking at the same polls we are …

…that he’s about to be crucified?

James on September 8, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Pocket Pool.

*snicker*

RedNewEnglander on September 8, 2009 at 5:16 PM

THIS IS NOT A CULT OF PERSONALITY!

GarandFan on September 8, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Just gave Living Colour’s ‘Cult of Personality’ a listen…
Uh, I’m thinkin’ maybe it is.

God Bless Texas!!