Obama’s advice to students: Be careful about saying nutty things online

posted at 5:15 pm on September 8, 2009 by Allahpundit

Sage words, my friends. Left unmentioned: If you ignore his advice and crank up the crazy, you can always get a job as a czar in the Obama White House. They won’t even Google you.

Or will they?

According to several White House sources, Jones was hired for his “green jobs czar” positions over concerns raised by the White House Counsel’s Office, after Jones’s background materials came back with several of what were termed “inconsistencies” in the Standard Form 86 Questionnaire for National Security Positions.

The counsel’s office places part of the blame on the Office for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement, which is overseen by Obama Senior Advisor and Assistant to the President Valerie Jarrett. Jones’s “czar” job was created by the OIAPE, and Jarrett interviewed Jones for the position. In speeches before far-left groups over the past five months, Jarrett touted Jones’s hiring, in part, because the groups, many of which count 9/11 truthers and radical environmentalists and anti-capitalists as members, were familiar with Jones’s brand of anti-Americanism and economic radicalism…

Jarrett did view Jones as a critical member of the administration for her outreach efforts, in part, because he was so well known and respected in the radical-left world the administration is counting on to help with issues like health care and cap and tax, and, more importantly, campaign efforts in 2010.

The key word there is, of course, “because.” Jones wasn’t hired in spite of his background; he was hired because of it, because he could be counted on to rally the sort of soft-headed fringe-left morons who get off on the idea of a White House advisor with a fringe-left past. Team Barry might not have known specifically about the Truther stuff, but if so, that’s only because they went out of their way not to find out.

Skip ahead to 1:40 for the key exchange. One other point left unmentioned by The One: If you do screw up badly and embrace a cause that’s utterly obnoxious, you can count on the left to try to mainstream it to save your ass. Exit fun fact: At this same Q&A, Obama evidently told students that he regrets not having studied more math as a kid. I think we all regret it, champ.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It’s good advice. I recall trying to defend Michelle Obama’s thesis, reminding people that a lot of us chose topics for our these that were radical. I think that’s just normal. My own grandmother picked a very radical topic for her thesis about women making great administrators.

That was very racy stuff in her day!

These days, everything comes back to haunt.

AnninCA on September 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Remember the gallows humor comment? He didn’t giggle as much this time…but it’s just as ominous…

jerrytbg on September 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

If yall believe TOTUS (teleprompter of the United States) wouldn’t flip the switch to shut off this pesky internet in a NEW YORK minute if he thought he could get away with it – I got some prime rain forest property in Antarctica you’d just love!!

Katfish on September 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I heard this clip earlier and my mind also immediately drifted to Jones. I’m sure that’s exactly what was on Obama’s mind when he talked about the “YouTube age” and having things come back to haunt you. He was also probably thinking about himself – “clinging to guns and religion”, “spread the wealth”, etc.

RightWinged on September 8, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Cindy Munford on September 8, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Why not? The dems love to use kids as props! Thanks for the link!

lovingmyUSA on September 8, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Akbar Obooboo is well acquainted with Facebook. After, Sarah gutted him, he is checking the tubes daily.

Blacksmith8 on September 8, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I have to give credit where credit is due…as much as it pains me to admit it, but I can finally get behind and agree with something this President has said. ….sigh, now I am quite sure that statement I just typed will come back to haunt me someday somehow.

Koa on September 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM

All one has to do is read a pretty common book like Upton Sinclair’s The Jungle…
Dr. ZhivBlago on September 8, 2009 at 7:03 PM

OT–Man, I hadn’t thought about that book for 30 years! Need to go hunt up my old box of books from college…Time for a re-reading! (I know, it should be on my bookshelf–I’m terrible about unpacking…)

lovingmyUSA on September 8, 2009 at 7:36 PM

This guy threatens with a smile. He’s dangerous to our republic; VERY dangerous.

marklmail on September 8, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Does anyone buy that he doesn’t care about money? Serial biographer at the ripe old age of 47. And if he wants to help people, he sure isn’t big on “charity begins at home”. He only wants to be charitable with other peoples money. What a creep!

Cindy Munford on September 8, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I’m sure someone has already said this, but, what else is he going to get involved in? So many areas of our life he has presumed expertise in? The arrogance palpable.

Imagine knowing a person like this. Oh my gosh. Shortest relationship ever.

Diane on September 8, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Did Lightworker even read the job description for POTUS?

Y-not on September 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Background on this clip, please? Where is the full clip? To whom it is intended to be shown?

Obama is giving kids advice, and speaking directly into the camera? Will this be shown to our chidren as well? If so, then I REALLY want to see the full clip . . . .

voxpopuli on September 8, 2009 at 8:02 PM

More spiteful pettiness from Hotair.

Dave Rywall on September 8, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Don’t remember you complaining when Bush was on the receiving end of the endless demonization–and in his case, it wasn’t even warranted. Anyway, guess we can’t all be as evolved as you, although for a bunch of monkeys and neanderthal morons, we’re sure giving you a run for your money. You should be able to beat us with both hands tied behind your back. Quit whining, you’re superior, remember?

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 8:32 PM

That was very racy stuff in her day!

These days, everything comes back to haunt.

AnninCA on September 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM

One of the many things that separate you from normal people. No, we didn’t write our theses on radical topics. It wasn’t normal. Your normal produces nutty libs like you.

Missed your comments on the Van Johnson affair btw.

JiangxiDad on September 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Remember kids! Always maintain plausible deniability!

enoughalready on September 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM

He sure as hell studied division!!!

chickasaw42 on September 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Obama’s advice to students: Be careful about saying nutty things online

You might even grow up to be the President. //s

yoda on September 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM

But kids, its OK to lie you azz on the campaign trail and especially if your are behind a teleprompter as president.

Geochelone on September 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM

This Obama dude doesn’t even realize that when he doesn’t tell the truth, he doesn’t have to be on YouTube, we hear it daily. Dork!

sharinlite on September 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM

What??? ….

– No presidential advice about walking on thin ice in the
age of global warming.

– No profound advice on wiping after your daily dump –
you know the ole front wiping vs. back wiping
dichotomy.

– No mention on why it’s never a good idea to have a Robert
Muggabe award winning czar serving in the WH.

- No explanation on why it’s never really a good idea to
suck the brains from that newborn baby under the new
Obamacare system.

– No career path advice on how to become a community
organizer & agitator in 12 easy commie marxist
steps.

This empty suit just likes to listen to himself yammer incredibly gag inducting puke worthy platitudes.

jaaakemm on September 9, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Ochimpy saya: “Um…aaaa…uhhhh……WHERE IS MY TOTUS!?”

If those kids spoke that way when giving a presentation in front of class, their teacher would have marked them down for it.

Ochimpy, you are one seriously inadequate person. Especially to be in public service and tragically you are our president. Years from now, our generation will be looked at the same way we look at the moron generation that voted in Carter.

csdeven on September 9, 2009 at 12:41 AM

That makes me wonder, what exactly DID he study? I haven’t seen any evidence of his expertise on anything, certainly not history or economics. He’s a lawyer, but I haven’t seen any brilliance there either. Harvard sure provides an education worthy of the cost, eh?

Common Sense on September 9, 2009 at 1:09 AM

…studied more math. I wish he had studied everything less and flunked out of Harvard. He could have gone back to community organizing and satisfied his inner self that way.

Kissmygrits on September 9, 2009 at 9:48 AM

If

all nutty things

were eliminated on the internet, Obama & the White House would have to stop using computers.

Cybergeezer on September 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I still believe Actions Speak Louder Than Words and what Obama really means is that none of these kids can have the free scholarships to premier schools like he did – he left those 8 years out of his narrative yesterday – and today, the kids in DC, whose scholarships he revoked, are protesting, but no one is covering it.

Flag Gazer on September 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Yes children. Be more like me. Nobody knows a darn thing about me. Everything, including my original birth certificate is locked away. Nobody knows where I came or anything else about me. This is the way you become president in America.

kens on September 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM