Quotes of the day

posted at 10:05 pm on September 7, 2009 by Allahpundit

“The obvious rejoinder to these points is that Jones supposedly brought this on himself by long ago making a mistake and signing a misguided petition about 9/11. Obviously, he made a mistake – and he admitted that. But even if you don’t accept that apology or admission of fault, the idea that him signing that petition means he’s worthy of removal is just a pathetic argument that highlights the most damning hypocrisies of all. For instance, are we really expected to believe that Jones signing one random petition is a bigger problem than, say, Geithner accepting free room and board for the industry he is supposed to be regulating?…

Hence, we can be assured the original targeting of Jones was a calculated move with race in mind – a move designed to fit the criticism into a larger racial backlash framework first perfected in the 1980s. That framework has created a simple reality: In America, governmental advancement is wide open for right-wing movement players, and you can even vaguely hope for a seat at the political table if you are a white progressive former hippe-turned-yuppie liberal. But if you are a black person with any enduring loyalty to progressive movement or social justice activism, the loud and clear message from politicians and the media is that you are not welcome anywhere near the halls of power, because you will be billed as some nefarious combination of Al Sharpton, Huey Newton, Malcolm X, Stokely Carmichael and Willie Horton.”

***
“Now, thanks to Glenn Beck, we’ve got that voice back. No longer tied to his desk with a sock in his mouth, Van is now freed to do what he does best: inspire and energize groups around the country…

I despise 9/11 ‘truther’ conspiracies. Indeed, one of the guidelines for bloggers on HuffPost is a ban on posts putting forth those kinds of theories. And it was stupid of Van to put his name on a very stupid ’9/11 Truth Statement.’ I’ve spoken to Van. He doesn’t believe that the Bush administration orchestrated the 9/11 attacks or allowed the attacks to happen in a cold-hearted attempt to gin up support. The 9/11 ‘Truthers’ are fringe-dwellers and Van was completely wrong to allow himself to be associated with them…

Isn’t it time we acknowledge that no human being with any passion and deeply held beliefs ever emerged flawless into the world? And that if every mistake, misstep, boneheaded decision, or error in judgment becomes an automatic disqualifier for public service, then we’re going to be left with a political landscape filled with nothing but wrinkle-free, foible-free, passionless automatons who have never made a mistake because they never took the risk of having an original thought.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Then what kind of moral courage does St. Van show by cow-towing to the racist assertions of his own opposition?

At the very moment in time when St. Van should have stood up to ‘the man’, when he should have fought the fight he has prided himself on fighting oh these many years, he tucked tail and ran?

And the Left, oh so high and mighty in the after-the-fact calls of racism, where were they last Thursday, Friday or Saturday? Where were they in St. Vans’ time of need?

Where was the MSM? Where were Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric, et al, when these accusations based soley on race were being bandied about by the racist Right?

And where pray tell was the White House? No vote of confidence did St. Van get from anyone in the administration until after he had resigned. Even St Barack (PBUH) said nothing…

If St Van were such an unabashed crusader for all things Liberal, if the whole issue with St. Van, from the very beginning, was about his race then why no outrageous outrage before midnight this past Saturday?

And indeed, if this whole issue was simply about race then why hasn’t President Obama, at any time in the last two days, re-instated St. Van OR taken anyone to task for their racism?

And for the love of god, can the Left please stop with the righteous indignation? No one is saying we want “wrinkle free, foible free” anything. The self-righteousness from the Left might have a bit more weight if the Left hadn’t spent a majority of the last twenty years denigrating, castigating or outright destroying anything they themselves didn’t agree with or didn’t fit their own ideology.

When are you liberals going to understand the axiom: “Payback’s a bitch”? You can’t spend decades doing what you’ve done and feign indignation when you are victims of your own playbook.

catmman on September 7, 2009 at 11:38 PM

One cabinet commie gone. 30 to go.

Mojave Mark on September 7, 2009 at 11:38 PM

This Liberal Administration is either really brilliant,or
absolutely clueless!

How about manipulative and evil

gina4 on September 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Can we get 9/12 head count?

Knucklehead on September 7, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I’ll be there.

progressoverpeace on September 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

So who is the quote from?

barnone on September 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Totally OT: When did Tucker Carlson go to Fox? I haven’t had dish in a year now. He apparently did a whole show on what’s in textbooks. I was just as peeved about The Barry Show coming Tuesday as anyone, but this has been around for years, the indoctrination in ‘schoos’.

bikermailman on September 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I just don’t see the big draw on running on the same old stuff. And the thing is that the Republicans are so much more if they bring out all of their ideas.

They can only do that if they focus on the ideas instead of the attacks.

ckoeber on September 7, 2009 at 11:23 PM

You mean the way the Democrats were just dripping with “ideas” from 2001-2008?

Did Arianna disclose that Van Jones was her political director when she ran for governor of CA?

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Wow! I don’t think Arianna has mentioned this in anything that I have read. Just wow!

d1carter on September 7, 2009 at 11:29 PM

You’ve gotta love this part:

Arianna Huffington’s liberal gossip site the Huffington Post …

One would think the Huffington Post would disclose how tight Jones and Huffington are, yet the website doesn’t bother to do so in its articles.

Whatever happened to ethics in journalism? Oh wait, I forgot: the Huffington Post isn’t journalism.

That about sums up HuffPo.

ddrintn on September 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

My guess on the birth certificate thing is this: He’s probably fine, but he’s playing it as if there’s something hidden there, to make the ‘birthers’ look fringe kooks.

bikermailman on September 7, 2009 at 11:33 PM

To do that he would have to have the emotional maturity of a 3 year old. Even I do not have that low an opinion of him and I don’t think he would want others to.

MB4 on September 7, 2009 at 11:43 PM

bikermailman on September 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

The show was pretty good.

Cindy Munford on September 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Right, who do you think this guy is, PALIN?

GunRunner on September 7, 2009 at 11:45 PM

What both Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin are guilty of: refusing to be bound or restrained by “white guilt”.

technopeasant on September 7, 2009 at 11:45 PM

That about sums up HuffPo.

ddrintn on September 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

ddrintin: Its Huff’nPuff!! Tee-Hee:)

canopfor on September 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM

The show was pretty good.

Cindy Munford on September 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Been watching it in parts, on (gasp!) Jewish World Review. Yeah, it’s good.

bikermailman on September 7, 2009 at 11:47 PM

It is not going to be pretty to watch the Left make a martyr out of Mr. Jones by ignoring what is in front of their face.

Cindy Munford on September 7, 2009 at 10:19 PM

No dear lady, it will be a great joy to watch. For example:

I’m a victim of irrational thinking. My one to many Hot Air posts demonstrate that all the time. I only post here because I get pleasure from humiliating myself.

crr6 on September 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM

My post is such a little bone to suck on that everybody leaves it alone. At least when they’re not laughing at it. I am so lonely, even dogs don’t love me.

Afrolib on September 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Loxodonta on September 7, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Van Jones couldn’t take even the slightest, tiniest rise in heat.

What the hell else was he hiding?

profitsbeard on September 7, 2009 at 11:47 PM

ddrintin: Its Huff’nPuff!! Tee-Hee:)

canopfor on September 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM

That’s for sure.

Right, who do you think this guy is, PALIN?

GunRunner on September 7, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Yeah, let’s see how many stadiums (stadia?) Van Jones can fill.

ddrintn on September 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM

The race card seems to have been effective against our representitives. It’s a massive boo game at this point. Rioting and tearing down entire cities kind of stays in your memory especially if it is in your district I guess. Well as Bob Dylon sang ‘the times they are a changing’ I formally declare that I have made my restitution to the African American community in the form of fourty years of welfare and affirmative action and college grants and section 8 housing and food stamps and medicare and minority contracts and drug treatment programs and prison rehabilitation programs ad nauseam and OJT and OEO and hiring quotas and discrimination lawsuits and HUD grants and tax free business zones ect ect ect. I am sure that is just the tip of an iceberg compared all government programs directed to them. So when I hear the name calling from the left its hard for me to take it serious especially when it comes from second generation college grads who have never known any hardships in their life due to discrimination. This is part manipulation and part vendetta but mostly just a massive power grab. It is obvious now that the AA left will never be appeased.

sonnyspats1 on September 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM

One day Barry O will be free to do what he does best too. His “best” is clearly not leading a nation.

Mojave Mark on September 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Frankly, I think the whole white guilt thing is just made up; I don’t know anyone who suffers from that particular disorder. Conversely, everyone I know hates affirmative action, reparations, etal. The ‘white guilt’ peddlers can keep on peddling right out of my state. It just doesn’t work here – we don’t buy.

pcpower1 on September 7, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Can we get 9/12 head count?

Knucklehead on September 7, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I’ll be there.

progressoverpeace on September 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

The forests will sing, the oceans will cry
The protests will soar through every sky
Sister Knucklehead will carry the flame
While bother progressoverpeace will throw down the lightning and rain
Upon the dragon boats, the tyrants they will assail
Hotair’s battle-call will wail
Storming ashore with torches and pitchforks in hand
Claiming back our cherished land
To one day view the Mussolini Tree
And hang all the tyrants from it the same as he

MB4 on September 7, 2009 at 11:50 PM

What the hell else was he hiding?

profitsbeard on September 7, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Did you catch this?

katy on September 7, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Arianna and Sirota offer the astonishing and surreal validation of the Black liberation theology and the social justice movements Van Jones loves so much, the promotion of hate and racism based organizations is the real reason he fell from grace.
The President surely already understands that his support of which is totally unacceptable to the American people.

Stanley Kurtz of the National Review claims that “A scarcely concealed, Marxist-inspired indictment of American capitalism pervades contemporary ‘black-liberation theology’…The black intellectual’s goal, says Cone, is to “aid in the destruction of America as he knows it.”

The term “social justice” is often employed as a euphemism by the political left to describe a society with a greater degree of economic egalitarianism, which may be achieved through progressive taxation, income redistribution, or even property redistribution, policies

Speakup on September 7, 2009 at 11:53 PM

My final thought on the whole birth certificate thing:

I will 100% stand by the court ruling in California, whatever that may be. But I am 200% confident that the certificate is fake (the one being presented in this case) simply due to the time laspe in presenting this.

You also have multitudes of networks (including Fox News which would have been all over it) missing the mark. Major networks can be late but to say that they haven’t investigated a story that would be ultra-juicy like this is unreal.

To also dismiss FactCheck, which isn’t kind to Obama , is also over the top. They nail both parties.

ckoeber on September 7, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Loxodonta on September 7, 2009 at 11:47 PM

It depends on who’s spin wins the day. It the media really thinks that he is gone because he called Republicans “a$$holes” (who hasn’t called them that or more?) and that “Truther” petition then it’s going to annoying. Although, how does the MSM explain going from oblivious to condemnation in one day? The other fact that will be hard to ignore is that the Administration did nothing to help Mr. Jones. As enjoyable as this little episode is, there are so many balls in the air it’s going to busy year. I heard VP Biden tell a union gathering that Card Check is a guarantee this year.

Cindy Munford on September 7, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Goodnight everyone:)

canopfor on September 7, 2009 at 11:57 PM

night canopfor…. you be good!

katy on September 7, 2009 at 11:58 PM

MB4 on September 7, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I’d prefer a pitchfork, if you could keep one aside for me. Are you going to be there?

progressoverpeace on September 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Speakup on September 7, 2009 at 11:53 PM

The majority of flyover country knew this back in early 08. Rev Wright and such.

I guess if you scream loud and long enough, those in the high and lofty places will finally hear.

katy on September 8, 2009 at 12:01 AM

I’m officially over the white-conservatives-are-racists meme. And if it ever gets flashed in my face personally, it’s getting repaid…in spades.

BuckeyeSam on September 8, 2009 at 12:02 AM

ckoeber on September 7, 2009 at 11:56 PM

In all honesty, I couldn’t care less about the birth certificate thing. It’s mainly something the left tries to dredge up time and again to hide the shortcomings of their sorry messiah.

ddrintn on September 8, 2009 at 12:02 AM

progressoverpeace on September 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM

I’m flying. How do you get a pitchfork on the plane? I’m still trying to figure out how to get a sign on board.

Knucklehead on September 8, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Do you even know what the f*ck a neocon is? Look it up sometime. There are plenty of libertarians, paleoconservatives, etc. on this site.

NathanG on September 7, 2009 at 11:33

THANK YOU!!! I have forever been trying to tell people to STFU about “neo”, many of us are “paleoconservatives”.
Not that it matters much to anyone, but thanks just the same:)

bernzright777 on September 8, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I only post here because I get pleasure from humiliating myself.

crr6 on September 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM

They have medications and therapy for that………

Janos Hunyadi on September 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM

If this BC is real, it will trigger a Constitutional crisis and force Obama from power (Better get Biden into the bullpen). If it is false, it will end the Birth Cert question till long after he is gone from the Presidency, even if he is not an American Citizen till his Academic records are unsealed for historical reasons.

GunRunner on September 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Hey, I see the white guy pretending to be a black guy is back.

Sapwolf on September 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM

MB4 on September 7, 2009 at 11:50 PM

progressoverpeace on September 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM

No. I wish I could be there, but I have got things right now that keep me from going away from home base for more than a day, and D.C. is on the other side of the country for me. It (Northern Virginia) is an “old stomping ground” of mine too.

MB4 on September 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Huffington

But that mistake should not define him. Indeed this episode, besides putting Van back in the right role, will provoke a conversation about how people’s past should impact what they are able to do in the present.

No political group prides itself more on grubbing through people’s past and trash cans to dig up dirt on them then the democratic party.
First thing the liberal hero olberman did after Jones(the revolutionary) quit was post on KOS “give me everything you’ve got on Glenn Beck”.

This 180′ turn by liberals in how our political leaders should be handled and whether “dissent” is still patriotic we saw coming as soon as Obama won the primary.

Watching these liberals talk about how someone’s past somehow should (as they white wash it or ignore it)not matter when a democrat is in the White House is just to hilarious to read through.

I wish huffington and the rest of her merry band of sudden tolerance and understanding would simply google GOV. SARAH PALIN and look at the endless string of bigotry,hatred,lies,and psychosis that liberals spouted about her over the last year that was never true.

I am still waiting for any liberal pundit to SHOW US ONE LIE THAT BECK,GATEWAY PUNDIT,AND MRS.MALKIN STATED ABOUT JONES.

huffington goes on and on and on in her article but never identifies a single lie.Just endless quotes of random support.

But just keep repeating the words “lies” and “smears” over and over and your sheep will follow along.

But rest assured, we will keep this outpouring of apologetic empathy that has suddenly inflicted liberals handy the next time they start their Palin/Bush whine and conspiracy fest that liberals love so much.

Baxter Greene on September 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Not that it matters much to anyone, but thanks just the same:)

bernzright777 on September 8, 2009 at 12:04 AM

You’re welcome! I’m sick of the left using that stupid label all the time. Most of them don’t even know what it means. I don’t even consider myself a neocon. I’m more of a right-of-center type of guy. Anyway, they use it like it’s some kind of epithet. It’d be amusing if didn’t piss me off so much.

NathanG on September 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

After this Vannie Jones thing, does Obama need….

a second bus?

I think they have enough demand to support the capacity.

The administration could lease one of those buses coming in loaded with Tea Partiers on the 12th.

Sapwolf on September 8, 2009 at 12:08 AM

It’s almost worse that Jones does not really believe in trutherism. That means he signed the statement only to foment hatred for Bush.

I guess that does put him in the same league as Malcom X and others who sought to demonize those in power so they could get some of their own, Arianna.

PattyJ on September 8, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Baxter Greene on September 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Well-put.

ddrintn on September 8, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Van should grow an afro, get a black wife, then go on Letterman where he can talk Global Warming’s need for Green Jobs or something.

Street cred, mofo.

profitsbeard on September 8, 2009 at 12:11 AM

If anyone knows exactly what it’s like to speak with a sock in her mouth, it’s Arianna (This-Surname-Will-Be-Worth- Millions) Huffington.

Blow it out your Soroshole, Arianna. Now you can have lots more pithy cups of coffee with iVan Jones, you for-hire Hollywood hosebag.

Western_Civ on September 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM

NathanG on September 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Just ignore it. They’ve been trying for a while to make “neocon” as dirty a word as “liberal”, but they haven’t really succeeded.

ddrintn on September 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Don’t mind me…just trying out my new login name. feels weird to change.

Diane on September 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Can we get 9/12 head count?

Knucklehead on September 7, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I’ll be there.

progressoverpeace on September 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

So will I.

Fallen Sparrow on September 8, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Wow, they don’t like Geithner, either, for different reasons. I guess tax evasion is just too pale for the boss of the IRS.

Difference between Geithner and Van Jones – Geithner was approved by the Senate and Van Jones was not – it takes a lot less to install, and thus remove a white house staffer than it does a Cabinet member.

JeffWeimer on September 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM

I’m flying. How do you get a pitchfork on the plane?

In pieces :)

I’m still trying to figure out how to get a sign on board.

Knucklehead on September 8, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I’m taking the train down. I haven’t decided about signs, yet, but I’ll probably just take some posterboard with me and write stuff up when I get there. I need something catchy, but nothing’s come to mind, yet. My Tea Party signs were, “Individualism, Constitutionality, and Private Property”. I’ll have something better for DC.

progressoverpeace on September 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Uh.. you mean like Obama? Does POTUS count as the halls of power?

RightOFLeft on September 8, 2009 at 12:15 AM

He’s a communist and a racist, I don’t give a flying fig if he signs petitions about America secretly establishing republican bases on Mars that are equipped with nukes and mustard gas torpedos aimed at the DNC headquarters.

The fact that he’s a racist and a commie pretty much trumps it all, and that fact has been blown over by the MSM as if it never happened. It’s all about white oppression that tricked him into signing some dumbass petition.

Good god I wish these moronic liberals would grow at least ONE brain between them all, then we’d have someone to talk to over there at least.

Spiritk9 on September 8, 2009 at 12:15 AM

MB4 on September 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

You’ll be there in spirit, my friend.

progressoverpeace on September 8, 2009 at 12:15 AM

GunRunner on September 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Personally, I have serious doubts that any American could just bribe a Kenyan guard to get a copy of Obama’s Kenyan B.C. (‘assuming’ one existed) as I would think that Obaam would have had it removed or destroyed (‘assuming’ one existed) well before now.

However, other things are going on.

From a comment on the site that doriangrey linked to -

1. French Canadian Says:
September 6th, 2009 at 10:59 pm

This will be an interesting week:

New military lawsuit:

New Law suit filed in the Western District of Texas. Flight Surgeon Cpt Connie Rhodes, MD refuses to be deployed to Iraq until Obama’s legitimacy for the position of the Commander in Chief is verified

Case Name: Rhodes v. MacDonald et al
Case Number: 4:09-cv-106
Filer: Connie Rhodes
Document Number: 4

Docket Text:
MOTION request for emergency hearing September 9-10 due to scheduled deployment September 12 by Connie Rhodes filed by Orly Taitz.

As to Biden taking over, maybe the electoral collage would just vote again in which case it might be Hillary?

MB4 on September 8, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Did you catch this?

katy on September 7, 2009 at 11:51 PM

We need that kinda dirt on Sunstein and Lloyd too.

Let’s rock!

Sapwolf on September 8, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Cindy Munford on September 7, 2009 at 11:57 PM

What a surprise.
Another winning move by the Hope and Change administration who continues to govern concerning what is best for liberals instead of what is best for America:

(via instapundit)

On Labor Day, support for unions plunges to all-time low

By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
09/07/09 8:42 AM EDT

This Labor Day brings word of a new Gallup poll showing that American public support for labor unions has taken a sharp dive in the last year and is at its lowest point since Gallup began polling in 1936.

Hardly anyone in this country is not aware that the failures of our major companies like the car industry had their roots with greedy corrupt unions.

This move will go great with cap and trade and Amnesty for illegals during the “worst economic times since the great depression”.

Baxter Greene on September 8, 2009 at 12:18 AM

BTW, Van Jones was a lawyer, but he had been to jail.

Was he ever disbarred?

barnone on September 8, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Van committed one to many thoughtcrimes. Another victim of the right’s PC police.

crr6 on September 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM

That was the most awesome thing I have ever read.

TMK on September 8, 2009 at 12:20 AM

progressoverpeace on September 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Don’t forget an umbrella or something like that……the weather looks ifffy….
Ugh.

Knucklehead on September 8, 2009 at 12:20 AM

NathanG on September 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Neocon is their code word for Jooos, those who are soft on Israel or just dupes of the “Zionist Lobby.” That’s why they use it. It’s supposed to peg you as one of those pro-Iraq invasion, oppressor of Palestinians, make the Middle East safe for Israel kind of people. The left may be sloppy in most of its thinking, but they are practically fetishistic when it comes to their precision in labelling. Except they still get it wrong. . .

smellthecoffee on September 8, 2009 at 12:20 AM

If Sirota wants to think that Jones was Borked, fine with me. But, unlike Bork, the stuff trotted out about Mr. Jones was the pure unvarnished truth.

Van left under his own power; no wingnut shoved him into a wheelchair and pushed him out.

unclesmrgol on September 8, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I’m taking the train down.
progressoverpeace on September 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Hope to see all of you in DC.

Taking the Bus with a bunch of nazis town haller’s and tea party extremist.

Have made signs,shirts,and bumper stickers for friends going.

Really looking forward to standing with tens of thousands of patriots in defense of our rights and the Constitution.

Baxter Greene on September 8, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Baxter Greene on September 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Well-put.

ddrintn on September 8, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Thank You.

Baxter Greene on September 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Baxter Greene on September 8, 2009 at 12:23 AM

More power to ya, I can’t go. I wouldn’t subject my son to the possible violence that could happen when the hardcore leftists and the anarchists come out that also plan to be there. (He’s quadriplegic).

You all have my best wishes though, and I’ll be as noisy and obnoxious as ever right from here.

Spiritk9 on September 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM

crr6 on September 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM

That was funny.

Until then, pansies like him who can’t take the heat will just have continue to play victims to the all powerful minority party, and the wrath of McConnell and Snowe.

Weight of Glory on September 7, 2009 at 10:13 PM

But that was even better.

Unfortunately, of the two, crr6 was dead serious.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on September 8, 2009 at 12:27 AM

catmman on September 7, 2009 at 11:38 PM

+7%…

Seven Percent Solution on September 8, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Spiritk9 on September 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM

I’ll be thinking about you. Please send good karma our way. The thought of violence hasn’t even crossed my mind.

Knucklehead on September 8, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Oh, and I have to give credit to Arianna Huffington for bloviating pompously about the vile and vicious smear from Glenn Beck, which just happened to consist of pointing out what Van Jones himself had said. What a strange idea of a “smear!”

Politics: the Greatest Sideshow on Earth.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on September 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Rut-Roh….

Look out libs, tonight PBSs Nightly Business Report just let the U-6 number out of the bag. That means the networks will have to follow suit. Wait until Johnny finds out the real unemployment number is 16%. Christmas shopping seppuku!

Limerick on September 8, 2009 at 12:32 AM

I wish both sides of the aisle would stop bringing up race.

So, in short, less vermon and more debates on policy.

That’s something Democrats, Republicans, and Independants can get behind.

ckoeber on September 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM

A very well reasoned point of view. However, I ONLY WISH you could use your reasoning power to convince the left side of the isle to stop throwing down the race card every time Obama is confronted with legitimate criticism and resistance. Again,you make good points.

The only problem I see is that you expect people on the right to be passive in the face of ceaseless charges of racism. Then when excellent investigative reporting exposes a Marxist “whitey hating” Czar in the frickin’ White House you want less venom. Concerning less venom, well, I’ll leave well-reasoned sainthood up to you.

Ok,so you don’t approve of race talk. Don’t talk about it then. Stick to the health care debate. Just don’t pretend this Pandora’s Box of racial hatred emanating from the bowels of the White House hasn’t been opened.

Gang-of-One on September 8, 2009 at 12:33 AM

And it was stupid of Van to put his name on a very stupid ‘9/11 Truth Statement.’ I’ve spoken to Van. He doesn’t believe that the Bush administration orchestrated the 9/11 attacks or allowed the attacks to happen in a cold-hearted attempt to gin up support. The 9/11 ‘Truthers’ are fringe-dwellers and Van was completely wrong to allow himself to be associated with them…

Arianna, let me help you out.

No Sh!t. I didn’t think for a minute that he believed it.

Don’t think for a second that you’re going to get away with the cute little “wrong to be associated with” crap either.

His actions prove he is a radical that is hell bent on using lies, smears and propaganda to create chaos and unrest. Destruction, not truth, is all that matters.

Are you really that stupid?

Saltysam on September 8, 2009 at 12:33 AM

You know, I’m getting tired of ‘our side’ allowing the meme get started that the reason that Jones was ‘gotten rid of’ is because he is a ‘truther’.

That is an almost insignificant charge on his lengthy list of things that would disqualify him on any Presidential appointment from anyone but 0bama.

That he is an avowed communist, racist and USA hater are all individually reasons for him to be disqualified. Heck, the ‘truther’ thing just makes him nothing worse slightly eccentric in today’s silly society.

Alowing the ‘truther’ meme to stand just gives the 0pposition more ammunition.

Just like allowing the recent Honduras actions to be called a coup, when it is precisely the opposite of a coup gives the 0pposition more ammunition to use against us.

LegendHasIt on September 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on September 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Current definitions:

Careful vetting and investigation: The left making up any kinds of insinuations against conservatives. Broadly disseminated and promoted by the media.

Lies, smears, and innuendo: Quoting the statements of leftists and/or publicizing current and previous links to radical groups. Broadly and widely publicized by the media as “smear campaign” by conservatives against some poor statist.

AZfederalist on September 8, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Cindy Munford on September 7, 2009 at 11:57 PM

The more they push their real agenda, the greater the number of Dem to GOP flips in the House and Senate in 2010, and the lower the ratings of their handmaidens in the MSM.

Loxodonta on September 8, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Limerick on September 8, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Ain’t it the truth, brother; hard times a comin’……..

Janos Hunyadi on September 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM

If the LA Times article is to be believed, this is happening even as we speak.

GunRunner on September 8, 2009 at 12:51 AM

hardcore leftists and the anarchists come out that also plan to be there

Spiritk9 on September 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Wish you and your son the best.

Already dealt with the leftist/anarchist during the anti-war rallies we counter protested.

You would be surprised at how weak and pathetic the so called “hard core” types are.

We were primarily there to support our troops and their mission,make sure nobody put a hand on a vet or spit on them and guard the Vietnam memorial (it had been sprayed with acid days before we got there)Were outnumbered by the thousands and the “hard core” types would only single out elderly people and women.

During the April 06 sheehan/fonda rally,we were across from them at the Lincoln memorial and right across the road that heads to the pentagon.We faced off with the anarchist several times with little trouble putting them in their places.
Then many of them went across the street to burn an American flag.When we tried to rush them the police were already there in force first. When they tried to rush them two of the anarchist grabbed and elderly woman to use as a shield yelling “hold her in front,they want hurt the old lady”. The police got to them anyway and cheers went up.

What was hilarious after this happened was when the anti-war crowd starting heading to the Pentagon, 8 to 10 police lead on horse back.
They gathered up some of the “hard core’s”, handing them trash cans and shovels and made them scoop up crap behind the horses.
Finally found something they were good for.

If that is the only reason you can’t go, please don’t allow these cowards to stop you from supporting your country. There are many people there that will protect you.

Baxter Greene on September 8, 2009 at 12:54 AM

crr6 on September 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM

And your opinion of Obama birthers is what, exactly? Should their opinions not matter if they are doing good work?

PC f-in please. Van Jones was a walking, talking PC cliche.

JeffWeimer on September 8, 2009 at 12:55 AM

crr6 on September 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Unfortunately for Van, his thoughts were put to writing and video in prodigious amounts.

He’s an outright punk and there is NO WAY O-man can defend this guy. He’s not only a Marxist, but he is a blatant racist too. Despicable person.

Sapwolf on September 8, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Has anybody else thought that maybe we are living in a dreamworld with a POTUS like this.

It’s Trotsky running Hong Kong or something.

Sapwolf on September 8, 2009 at 12:57 AM

I listed many things about Van Jones that should have disqualified him. One thing I didn’t mention that should have been a deal-breaker was his jail time. The Secret Service hates that.

BUT – I could be tempted accept him in the White House if he had SINCERELY recanted and repented his prior positions. But he didn’t. He lied about misunderstanding the truther petition, and then he said, “I’m sorry if I offended anyone” about the rest.

“I’m sorry if I offended anyone” with my desire to overthrow capitalism? “I’m sorry if I offended anyone” by defending cop-killers? “I’m sorry if I offended anyone” by lying about whitey poisoning minorities? WTF good is that?

It’s about as good as, “Oh, I’m sorry if I offended you by killing your husband, Mrs. Smith. I hope that won’t taint your view of me.”

Daggett on September 8, 2009 at 12:59 AM

progressoverpeace on September 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM

If you get in on Wednesday night and are on the curb as he passes on Penn. Ave., flash him this:

“She’s coming!”

He’ll know which she we’re talking about.

Sapwolf on September 8, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Funny. I remember reading a column before the elections which explained why it’s so much easier for a woman conservative to get elected than a woman progressive, since the woman progressive is threatening the established order in two ways.

Phoenician on September 8, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Am I the only one who wants to go after every one of Obama’s parasites, regardless of race, or gender, or level of butthole abuse?

Where are the pundits saying, “Have you got any Caucasian Marxist/Truthers on your staff? How about any Protestant or Catholic traitors to the Constitution? Well, fire them accept their resignation too, you jug-eared dingleberry!”

The best way to counter charges of racism is to lynch all of his cohorts, and hang ‘em high.

TMK on September 8, 2009 at 1:10 AM

OT, but this is juicy:

Van Jones was Arianna Huffington’s Political advisor

uknowmorethanme on September 8, 2009 at 1:20 AM

OT, but this is juicy:

Van Jones was Arianna Huffington’s Political advisor

uknowmorethanme on September 8, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Why, oh why, do I see a future Cialis commercial in that?

Limerick on September 8, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Knucklehead on September 7, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I’ll be there.

Sapwolf on September 8, 2009 at 1:43 AM

I don’t really think it is wrong to want Van Jones far, far away from the White House “just because” he was a truther. I think that is plenty enough. But for arguments sake let’s agree it isn’t.

Even if that isn’t a big deal to someone on the left, let’s not pretend that is all we are looking at. The guy was a frickin’ communist! You think that’s going to play well? Why do you think the far lefties always have to hide their true intentions? People don’t want people that have anything resembling commie sympathies anywhere near their government.

Beyond that, you have a guy accusing us of poisoning our cheap (illegal?) labor with our agricultural practices. You have a guy likening our former President to a crackhead. You have a guy that calls all republicans “a-holes”. You have a guy that fires up his wacko leftwing base by calling for an overhaul of the entire system.

But by all means, let’s just pretend this is just about one regrettable petition signing. It is much easier to torch your opponents that way and why not take advantage of a willingly compliant MSM and score the points they have set you up to to win? At the very least, maybe they can stop the bleeding here when anyone that pays attention knows there is a bunch of other low hanging fruit that needs to be picked off here.

stldave on September 8, 2009 at 1:45 AM

The internet is really a game changer. I’ve been voting Libertarian party 7 out of the last 8 elections as I felt they were trying hardest to stick to the constitution. But there was little way to get any exposure for their positions.

Now with blogs on the internet, plus the massive dissatisfaction with both parties, these kinds of ideas are gaining ground even if the Libertarian party itself is not the prime beneficiary. Attacking specific current in power politicos is a good step. Attending townhalls and tea parties is also increasing pressure.

The next step has to be identifying specific replacement candidates for the current reps/sens up for reelection in 2010. Get behind these folks to make the longer term changes in our legislative branch. In the 4th Cong. District in MS, I have volunteered for the campaign of Joe Tegerdine (R) to replace the 10 term Rep. Gene Taylor, a blue dog democrat. We must have legislative change throughout the US.

GnuBreed on September 8, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Sapwolf on September 8, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Heh. :) That would probably keep him up for weeks.

progressoverpeace on September 8, 2009 at 2:11 AM

OT, but this is juicy:
Van Jones was Arianna Huffington’s Political advisor
uknowmorethanme on September 8, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Posted previously up thread, but well worth repeating

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2009 at 11:14 PM

LegendHasIt on September 8, 2009 at 2:19 AM

The loud and clear message, which has been hijacked and obfuscated by the Left’s favorite Red Herring, is that if you’re a Communist in eco-activist’s clothing, you’re not welcome, no matter what color your skin. Or has the author forgotten that the politicians and the media have been largely enamored with the progressive black man who lives in that big white house on Pennsylvania Ave?

schafkopf on September 8, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Can we get 9/12 head count?

Knucklehead on September 7, 2009 at 11:37 PM

+1…

RalphyBoy on September 8, 2009 at 3:56 AM

The Commies, including Commie reporters, didn’t think with Dear Leaders popularity, that one of their own precious Children on Marx was going to get the ax. It’s a great start.

Jeff from WI on September 8, 2009 at 4:37 AM

Glenn Beck should gloat and do a home run by taking all the MSM to task about the “lies and smear”, doing a point by point decontruction of Van Jones.

Van Jones quitting wasn’t about the “a-holes and troothers” his presence were exposing Obama and his thugs.

And Glenn should stay on target using Van Jones piece by piece to expose this administrations extremism , to rub it in.

Take the Mumia , cop killer black panther connection to Van Jones.

Add the dropped case by Eric Holder against the the black panthers intimidating voters .
Maybe he can give Holder an “honest debate” about race.

Facts are stubborn things.

the_nile on September 8, 2009 at 5:05 AM

This is just not true , Obama will lose badly if Van Jones will stay in the public view , he has to go quietly away for them to continue.

the_nile on September 8, 2009 at 5:12 AM

It’s not we who wants Geithner to stay , it’s Obama.

the_nile on September 8, 2009 at 5:14 AM

But if you are a black person with any enduring loyalty to progressive movement or social injustice activism, the loud and clear message from politicians and the media is that you are not welcome anywhere near the halls of power,

With only minor editing it is a correct statement.

We need to get rid of all the socialists, no matter how much Melanin they have in their skin.

darktood on September 8, 2009 at 5:18 AM

Is there any doubt
They’d have us against the wall
If they thought they could?

Haiku Guy on September 8, 2009 at 5:21 AM

Knucklehead-I will be there with bells on.

TXMomof3 on September 8, 2009 at 5:55 AM