Van Jones resigns

posted at 11:01 am on September 6, 2009 by Allahpundit

How I like to imagine Obama broke the news: “Let me be clear: Pack your sh*t.”

In a letter released just after midnight Saturday, Van Jones, President Obama’s Special Advisor for Green Jobs at the Council on Environmental Quality resigned.

“On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me,” Jones wrote. “They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide.”

Jones said that he had “been inundated with calls – from across the political spectrum – urging me to “stay and fight. But I came here to fight for others, not for myself. I cannot in good conscience ask my colleagues to expend precious time and energy defending or explaining my past. We need all hands on deck, fighting for the future.”

In this case, the “vicious smear campaign” consisted of (a) accurately quoting Jones and (b) citing documents he signed. But no matter. He’s headed for left-wing martyrdom, Trutherism notwithstanding and replete with lies about how Beck supposedly attacked him only after the Color of Change boycott began (wrong) and how the Truther petition itself was credibly challenged by other signatories (wrong twice over). Howard Dean’s already pushing the latter point, in fact, and calls Jones’s resignation “a loss for the country,” which is fitting insofar as Dean-o himself was once a bit warmer to Truther theories than even some lefty commentators could bear.

Ed Driscoll’s got a worthy reaction round-up so I’ll send you there from here. Three meta-points to take away from this, though. One: We were told during the campaign that Wright and Ayers were non-issues because they wouldn’t be part of the administration, but has Wright, for instance, said anything vastly worse than Jones has? If he’s persona non grata on Team Barry, why wasn’t Van the man? Two: As noted by Driscoll and Mickey Kaus and doubtless dozens of others, so astonishing was the press blackout on this story that millions of people will wake up today, see the headline, and wonder, “Who the hell is Van Jones?” This isn’t as sexy a media-bias scandal as Rathergate or the silence on Edwards during the primary, but it’s significant. And three: To keep beating a dead horse, this never would have happened had Jones been forced to sit for a Senate confirmation because the White House never would have nominated him. They knew he was toxic and they knew Republicans would force the press to cover that fact at a hearing. That’s the whole point of having “czars” — to install people in positions of cabinet-level power without having to deal with the Senate’s pesky check-and-balance. It needs to change. Soon.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Poor little Keithy is mad. He posted a diary at Kos instructing his minions to send him everything they can find on Glenn Beck:

Send Me Everything You Can Find About Glenn Beck
by Keith Olbermann
Digg this! Share this on Twitter – Send Me Everything You Can Find About Glenn BeckTweet this submit to reddit Share This
Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 10:14:03 AM PDT

I don’t know why I’ve got this phrasing in my head, but: Find everything you can about Glenn Beck, Stu Burguiere, and Roger Ailes.

No, even now, I refuse to go all caps.

No, sending me links to the last two Countdowns with my own de-constructions of his biblical vision quality Communist/Fascist/Socialist/Zimbalist art at Rockefeller Center (where, curiously, he works, Comrade) doesn’t count. Nor does sending me links to specious inappropriate point-underscoring prove-you’re-innocent made-up rumors.

* Keith Olbermann’s diary :: ::

Tuesday we will expand this to the television audience and have a dedicated email address to accept leads, tips, contacts, on Beck, his radio producer Burguiere, and the chief of his tv enablers, Ailes (even though Ailes’ power was desperately undercut when he failed to pull off his phony “truce” push).

This becomes necessary after this in order to prove various cliches about goose and gander, and to remind everybody to walk softly and carry a big popsicle, and most particularly to save this nation from the Oligarhy of The Stupid.

I keep wondering if somewhere somebody named Ollie Garhey thinks he’s in charge now. Or, even more entertainingly and societally satisfying, if somebody named Ali Garhi does.

Despite the worn-out snark above, I am in earnest here.

Too bad no one watches Keith or MSNBC for his little venture into destroying Glenn to get any kind of traction at all.

yogi41 on September 6, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Why would anybody hate Glen Beck?

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM

You just don’t get it do you/////

Chuckie Johnson just said…….

Charles
Sun, Sep 6, 2009 10:38:32am

Anyone ever notice that Glenn Beck’s most ardent admirers tend to be complete idiots?

I’m proud to be called an idiot by BikerBoy.

Knucklehead on September 6, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Until we get rid of the ringleader (Obama), we’re merely putting band-aids on top of symptoms.

Don’t get me wrong, this is a victory and I commend Beck and others for their work in getting this done. But we must stay focused. Obama’s Marxist agenda will continue to go forward, with or without Van Jones.

2Brave2Bscared on September 6, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I have NEVER been on LGF….hmmmm, let’s start a riot.

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Why doesn’t soemone tell Keith that we don’t care what he finds out about Glen Beck? It doesn’t matter. What matters is that Glen tells us the truth about Dear Leader.

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Knucklehead on September 6, 2009 at 1:50 PM

That really is rich coming from Chuckie J, isn’t it? Boy, that guy is an idiot. An irrelevant idiot at that.

Seriously, nobody who isn’t a brain-numbed Lizardtron cares what you have to say anymore, CJ. You’re a washed up liberal hack.

2Brave2Bscared on September 6, 2009 at 1:52 PM

So will Jones be replaced with a new czar?

Socmodfiscon on September 6, 2009 at 1:53 PM

If the Internet had been around during FDR’s terms, he never would have been re-elected thrice.

yogi41 on September 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Like I said in the other thread, it would have been better to not offer jones the option of resigning and just outright fire the wretch.

But Zero is such a narcissistic egomaniac he doesn’t think it matters. Now he’s searching for the next communist to avoid senate approval by being appointed czar.

There’s supposed to be a bill being introduced to eliminate this czar crap, we need to publicize and promote it. Illegalize non senate approved and vetted positions. NOW.

Spiritk9 on September 6, 2009 at 1:56 PM

These czars should have absolutely no access to any taxpayer money whatsoever. Congress needs to get on this ASAP. Can you imagine what Van Jones would do with $30 billion? More damage than we can imagine!

silvernana on September 6, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Its amazing, we talked about this at work this morning and to prove a point there were a number of people who were like “Van Jones?” who is that, What are you guys talking about?.

Koa on September 6, 2009 at 12:16 PM

With any luck they will go find out and tell others. This story will spread quickly and Bozo cannot control it or the consequences.

We should all go out and tell everyone we know about it.

dogsoldier on September 6, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Well, that’s one gone. Who’s next?

blr2449 on September 6, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I am a little late coming to this site today, so forgive me if I am repeating something that has already been said.

Why did Obama & his thugs throw Van Jones under the bus? I mean, Obama is now the prez so they don’t have to keep pretending they are any different than Van Jones. Why don’t they (Obama, Axelrod, Emanuel, etc.) simply own what Van Jones said as being exactly how they all really feel???

Maybe they can’t own it, because it would impact other Dems in the 2010 elections (and beyond) and do more harm to the party than good. But think of how relieved they all would be to simply say “Yeah, Van is absolutely right in everything he says and does and we agree with him 100%…so what are you gonna do about it? For that matter we also agree with Jeremiah Wright, George Soros, William Ayers, Michelle Obama, Bernadine Dorhn…the whole radical bunch of them! So what?!!” For the next 3.5 years, they can simply say “Yep…we agree totally with Van or Jeremiah, or Bill…you gotta love the way they don’t mince their words” or “There goes Jeremiah again talking about those white folks…whatta champ!” or “Michelle was just saying the other day what great neighbors Bill and Bernadine were and how much they had in common with her and Barry and how Michelle was going to have to have them over to the WH for dinner sometime.”

See? No more pressure. Obama could simply own it and they could all just move on with their radical agenda (no pun intended).

AceR on September 6, 2009 at 2:00 PM

If republicans let this Van Jones issue fade away, they are total failures. WHAT DID OBAMA KNOW ABOUT JONE’S VIEWS AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT!!! And, now that the curtain is pulled back, go after and expose EVERY RADICAL obama has chosen to be near OUR WHITE HOUSE. Where is our nancy pelosi, screaming from the steps of the Congress, about the corruption!!! They tried to dump this guy on Labor day weekend to let it fade away. NOT SO FAST, LIBS. CALL FOR AN INVESTIGATION ON THESE CZARS AND ABUSE OF POWER!

immigrantchick on September 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

The RNC is nothing but an embarassment–I toss all their mailings straight into the trash. But I’d be willing to donate to Glenn Beck even though I’m sure he doesn’t need it. I’d send him $$$ just because he’s one of the few cconservatives doing a damn thing to save our republic.

Niere on September 6, 2009 at 2:01 PM

But even with the incredulity I feel, I don’t shy away from being one more voice in the melody of patriotism that is emanating from every corner of the country.
csdeven on September 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Guess we don’t much appreciate liberty until we’re on the verge of losing it.

I had a problem with incredulity too. I thought it could never happen here, at least in my lifetime. Now incredulity is replaced by apprehensiveness.

Sometimes a festering boil must be brought to a head, in order better to lance it. Obama is bringing the boil of Alinsky leftism — a boil that has been festering and gaining virulence in America since the ’60′s — to a head for all to see. Fundemental issues are finally becoming clear and crisp. People are starting to realize that it’s no less than their basic liberty that’s at stake, not to mention their health and longevity.

As Rush said last week, the silver lining in Obama’s power grab may be the prospective backlash and resulting unelectability of the Democrat party to national office for decades, even generations to come. At the very least, the Obama backlash will force the Dems to purge the Alinsky-ites from their leadership, and most likely drive this vile toxin back underground where it belongs. It would be a victory for America not for just the day, but for the decades.

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 2:10 PM

How pathetic msm is. The first reports I read, 20 minutes after this story hit the wire, all attributed this whitey hater’s resignation to the fact he “made derogatory comments about the Republicans.” Not a peep about the truth. What a shocker!

How did it go down? “You can’t fire me, I quit!” Yeah, Right..

Gang-of-One on September 6, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Woo Hoo, party on Wayne, party on Garth!

royzer on September 6, 2009 at 2:16 PM

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Couldn’t it have been Axelrot?

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I understand from yesterday’s reading that only the Pres, his wife, and his chief of staff have the authority to overrule a security objection, but I haven’t verified it.

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I am so sorry dear comrade and brother in arms, don’t worry, you are still one of my fighters, I just need to do this to assuage these dumb americans honkies.

immigrantchick on September 6, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Gang-of-One on September 6, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Keith Olbermoron is desperately pleading with the Daily Kos dopes to send him any info on Glenn Beck that they can. Is this really the best use of an MSNBC “star’s” time?

Speedwagon82 on September 6, 2009 at 2:39 PM

The AP story of Van Jones’s resignation is a pathetic whitewash (wow, BIG surprise). The problem with telling the public who gets their news from Perky Katie Couric or Time magazine or Jon Stewart [good grief!] is this: won’t they wonder why a guy was “forced” to resign because he called Republicans a bad word or signed a silly petition? Won’t they wonder why Obama is so weak that he couldn’t protect his own guy from those mean, white, racist people on the Right? Or maybe they are so in the tank for the guy or so incredibly unengaged or dumb that they honestly have no curiosity about the matter. So I guess I just answered my own question. Thanks for listening.

labwriter on September 6, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Jones will be replaced by a competent Democrat less fanatic and with more vision, compassion and weltanschauung than Jones possessed, viz Charles Manson.

MaiDee on September 6, 2009 at 2:48 PM

So will Jones be replaced with a new czar?

Socmodfiscon on September 6, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I heard that Hugo Chavez is on the short list.

Dasher on September 6, 2009 at 2:56 PM

For every one Van Jones, there are at least 3 others who get by the fence.

ted c on September 6, 2009 at 3:04 PM

For every one Van Jones, there are at least 3 others who get by the fence.
ted c on September 6, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Not a problem. We’re now using their own playbook against them: Saul Alinsky, baby. Keep rattling their cage. That’s what it’s all about. We’re keeping them on defense, which means that our offense in on the field and theirs is on the bench. Don’t worry about outcomes–just keep them rattled.

labwriter on September 6, 2009 at 3:12 PM

It’s amusing to me to see news stories, liberal blogs, and twitter comments baffled and confused as to why he resigned for calling Republicans bad names.

They don’t know the entire story because the media they read never spoke of it.

Enoxo on September 6, 2009 at 3:12 PM

So now for the questions to Obama:
1. If Van Jones had not resigned, would you have kept him on?
2. After seeing all the evidence, why did you allow this avowed communist and racist in your inner circle?

—–
I have seen several sources quoting people within the Democrat political circles talk about Van Jones (all positive), but has anybody found any past video or article where Barack Obama (and/or Michelle) is talking about Van Jones?
I would be interest in hearing or reading what they were saying about Van Jones.

albill on September 6, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Beck is completely responsible for this.

The sad thing is, he shouldn’t have been. The MSM should have.

TTheoLogan on September 6, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I predict that Duh Won is gone from office before the end of 2009. He will resign for medical reasons which HIPPA will protect from disclosure.

We must be prepared for Biden coming in and pulling a Ford-Nixon for the thugs currently called czars. While I do not believe that there was a deal between Ford and Nixon, in this current era I am not at all convinced there would not be a quid pro quo. After all, Ford and Nixon had some decency – there is no such moral drag on this group of gangsters and wiseguys.

platypus on September 6, 2009 at 12:47 PM

You’re wrong! The correct acronym is HIPAA!

Uh, you might be right about the rest, though. I’ve long had a feeling that the 45th president of the U.S. will be Joe Biden, before the 2012 election. Something tells me Obama will not make it through a complete term. Maybe his corruption will get him. Maybe God will just have mercy on us.

Even if the phrase “President Joseph Biden” is chilling…

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on September 6, 2009 at 3:21 PM

In defense of Glenn Beck, I will paraphrase Rush Limbaugh.

Glenn can’t raise your taxes.
Glenn can’t make something illegal.
Glenn can’t subpeona you.
All he can do is talk. If he says something that is untrue, turn the channel (or post it).

If not, he is a funny “Rodeo Clown”, that tells the truth.

barnone on September 6, 2009 at 3:21 PM

How would the NFL feel if a national campaign was started that as long as Keith Olbermann is on NBC Sports coverage of the NFL, Sunday Nights they can forget about me supporting anything NFL sponsor? hey Olberdouche two can play this game!

I know I love football like the rest of America but it’s time for NBC Executive Producer Dick Ebersol to decide whether he wants to have a radical leftist in front of millions on Sunday Night or maybe he should ask Keith to step aside so politics will remain out of NBC Sports coverage. I can guarantee you if the NFL had a flood of calls, letters and emails about Olbermann on NBC Sports it could force a decision to be made.

Watch out GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt, you’re next!

Atlanta Media Guy on September 6, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Ho Ho Ho Green Jobs Czar!

wildcat84 on September 6, 2009 at 3:32 PM

This guy was Rev Wright with a Mike Tyson lisp. They both held the exact same extremist, anti-American and bigoted views.

Now we know first hand the ramifications of the MSM’s failure to vet Obama.

Obama actually appointed a radical man who hates America, Whites, Cops, the Military, Capitalism and other uniquely American institutions, to be a high level advisor to himself.

This has been a very “teachable moment” about Obama’s own secretly held beliefs, hasn’t it?

OxyCon on September 6, 2009 at 3:34 PM

The American People win when every Marxist Czar resigns.

Top 10 reasons to be hopeful this is Waterloo for BHO:

10. Gibbs is still giving the press “briefings” everyday.

9. Valerie Jarret

8. David Axelrod

7. Nancy Pelosi

6. Steny Hoyer

5. The Bootlickers in the D.C. Media

4. “THE OBAMA BRAND”

3. Rahm

2. Michelle

1. Barack himself (ego/power/glory) it’s going to be ALL BARRY, ALL THE TIME THIS WEEK.

The more he talks (but doesn’t listen) the better it gets.

PappyD61 on September 6, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Barack Obama tried a coup, E I E I O,
And in his coup he had some czars, E I E I O.
With a czar czar here and a czar czar there,
Here a czar, there a czar, ev’rywhere a czar czar.
Barack Obama tried a coup, E I E I O.

Barack Obama tried a coup, E I E I O,
And in his coup he had Van Jones, E I E I O.
With a Van Jones here and a Van Jones there,
Here a Van, there a Jones, ev’rywhere a Van Jones.
Barack Obama tried a coup, E I E I O.

Barack Obama tried a coup, E I E I O,
And in his coup he had Mark Lloyd, E I E I O.
With a Mark Lloyd here and a Mark Lloyd there,
Here a Mark, there a Lloyd, ev’rywhere a Mark Lloyd.
Barack Obama tried a coup, E I E I O.

Barack Obama tried a coup, E I E I O,
And in his coup he had Sun-stein, E I E I O.
With a Sun-stein here and a Sun-stein there,
Here a Sun, there a Stein, ev’rywhere a Sunstein.
Barack Obama tried a coup, E I E I O.

Barack Obama tried a coup, E I E I O,
And in his coup he had Brow-ner, E I E I O.
With a Brow-ner here and a Brow-ner there,
Here a Browner, there a Browner, ev’rywhere a Carol Browner.
Barack Obama tried a coup, E I E I O.

…and so forth.

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 3:45 PM

PappyD61 on September 6, 2009 at 3:40 PM

It will be fun watching the ground crumble under them.

the_nile on September 6, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Jones’ resignation sounds like Palin’s, only Jones has a lot less class. When do the recriminations and accusations of QUITTER!!!QUITTER!! QUITTER!!! start on Jones?

Also, since no one believes anything Olby says, who careswhat he says about Beck? Bring it.

Winners in all this: Fox News. Us. Freedom, liberty and truth.
Losers: Marxists and MSNBC.

Thank you Glenn!

JustTruth101 on September 6, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Indeed, but how? What can be undertaken right away?

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I’m sure people who only get their news from the MSM are confused….who is this guy and why is he resigning?

I imagine lots of events shock and confuse those who only watch the nightly news.

Asher on September 6, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Exactly.

That’s why many of them are turning on Fox News.

As for vetting, after the Sotomayor confirmation hearings and how they went I don’t see how the Dems would be concerned that a Van Jones wouldn’t make it through all right. I don’t think they wanted to advertise the fact that they have all these “czars” out there as hearings would surely do. People are catching on, but so what? There’s too many to axe. The herd can afford a few losses.

Also, throwing one under the bus who is possibly the most radical (on the record at any rate) will probably silence effective opposition against the other radicals up there.

In other words, Glenn Beck got the most glaringly radical of the lot, but going after the others will be much more difficult.

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 6, 2009 at 3:55 PM

labwriter on September 6, 2009 at 2:47 PM

LOL, you did kind of answer your own question.
The couple of dozen people that watch Miss Perky for news then tune into the Lennon sisters on Lawrence Welk before their table spoon of Geritol and their 8pm bed time. They still think LBJ is President and wonder how Vietnam is doing.

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Watch out GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt, you’re next!

Atlanta Media Guy on September 6, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Boycott NBC & it’s counterparts until Olbermann AND the quivering leg are off the air.

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Van Jones is a wuss.

Couldn’t he have at least waited until Intrade had a contract on his worthless….

patch on September 6, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 6, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Not to worry, there’s enough low handing fruit on Obama’s tree to last for weeks and weeks and weeks. As MM says:

The story is about Adolfo Carrion, Carol Browner, Vivek Kundra, Nancy DeParle, John Holdren, Cass Sunstein, Mark Lloyd, Obama’s education comrades, and the culture of circumvention and corruption that plagues this White House.

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 4:02 PM

The truth is that Jones is not at all conspicuous in this administration. Most of them are just better at hiding it than Jones was.

the wolf on September 6, 2009 at 4:15 PM

A Vast right wing conspiracy or Jethro goes to Washington

bluegrass on September 6, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Ratings mean nothing to MSNBC because this is a government supported propaganda machine. That means our tax dollars support this bunch of Jacka$$e$.

mobydutch on September 6, 2009 at 4:18 PM

So much for the Truther and the Lyin Hawaiian.

Angry Dumbo on September 6, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Next…

Static on September 6, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Indeed, but how? What can be undertaken right away?

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Support Mike Pence in his call for a suspension of any further appointments and Congressional review of past ones:

The Constitution of the United States vests Congress with the responsibility to advise and consent in the appointment of high ranking officials by the president. To date, President Obama has appointed more than thirty individuals to ‘czar’ positions within his Administration without permitting the Congress or the American people to properly examine their backgrounds or public records.

“In the wake of these recent revelations, the president should suspend any further appointments of so-called ‘czars’ until Congress has an opportunity to examine the background and responsibilities of these individuals and to determine the constitutionality of such appointments, which have spanned multiple administrations.”

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 4:24 PM

How much money is this administration spending on these Czars and their office minions? You know this is OUR Money that Prompterbama is spending?

I am growing tired of this administrations arrogance. I am also growing very tired of the MSM and their ignoring the incredibly important issue, like the future of our country!

Mike Pence do not let this bunch scare you. ACORN is trying to fix the next elections already. The sooner we expose this bunch the better. If ACORN gets a hold of the billions that have been promised we’re all screwed!

Plus, what does George Soros have do to with all this. Will the SEC investigate him to see if he enabled the collapse of our economy one year ago that started this crap in the first place? This administration is NOT too big to fail. I’m with Rush, I want this guy to continue to fail for the future of this great Republic!

Atlanta Media Guy on September 6, 2009 at 4:36 PM

He always said there was no way he’d ever shoot on American citizens, and he didn’t know a single guy who would.

Rational Thought on September 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM

You are right and Obama knows it too. That is why he is wants this Civilian Army (under his sole control) that is just as powerful and well funded as the military. Wesley Cheeks will be his first recruit. Then the school kids etc.

csdeven on September 6, 2009 at 4:41 PM

It would be a victory for America not for just the day, but for the decades.

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I have reflected on the WWII generation and wondered if I would ever be called upon to fight an evil of that magnitude. Well, here I am with the responsibility to oppose Obama and his Marxist scum at every turn. And I am, and will continue to until they plant me 6 feet under or he and his ilk are destroyed.

That is my promise to the generations coming up behind me.

csdeven on September 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM

SpeedWagon82 wrote:

Is that email address info@whitehouse.gov ??

SmallGovtGuy on September 6, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I think Comrade Chairman Obama should follow Jone’s example.

Dave R. on September 6, 2009 at 5:15 PM

SpeedWagon82 wrote:

Is that email address info@whitehouse.gov ??

SmallGovtGuy on September 6, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Do you think all 37 people that tune into him will send him info?

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Looks like Allah in his sarcasm of Beck was wrong, AGAIN, and Beck was out front carrying the water. Some others use to do that.

WoosterOh on September 6, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I know this only knocked off 1 of 100 of these czarthugs. However, think of it like Dolittle’s raid on Tokyo. The tonnage of bombs dropped was almost insignificant. However, it did a couple of things (1) It proved that the Japanese were not invincible and (2) It forced the Japanese to react to us (They pulled back to better defend the home islands)

So, getting rid of Van Jones provided a crack in Ozero’s armor. Now for the Battle of Midway.

bullseye on September 6, 2009 at 5:18 PM

SpeedWagon82 wrote:

Is that email address info@whitehouse.gov ??

SmallGovtGuy on September 6, 2009 at 4:56 PM

What is Olbermoron..LOL..going to say..Beck was an alcoholic? The sainted Ted Kennedy was a lifelong drunk. In fact after making Ted a sasint this last week there’s not much they can say about Beck. Beck didn’t kill Mary Jo.

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 5:22 PM

bullseye on September 6, 2009 at 5:18 PM

We won Midway because of a LOT of luck. Masy God give us the same amount of luck again!

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I have NEVER been on LGF….hmmmm, let’s start a riot.

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I know you could cause some serious Lizard carnage over there. Reptiles strewn everywhere.

You are just the one to push the Lizard King over the edge and into the abyss.

Let me know so I can pop a few kernels and enjoy the show.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Luck and that guy who cracked their code.. LCDR Beck.. no that’s not right.. You are right. You have to wonder how much God had to do with that. The code, the switch of US admirals, The indicision of the japanese, the sacrifice of Torpedo 8 etc.

Ozero and his crew are acting as if the communization of Amerika is a done deal. The mistake Yammamoto made was that his plan was overly complex and dependend on the Americans acting exactly as he predicted. That is why Ozero and his minions get so upset at random and unpredicted things such as Joe the Plumber, Sarah Palin, the Tea Parties etc.

bullseye on September 6, 2009 at 5:35 PM

yogi41 on September 6, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Only of the msm picks it up, and runs with it. Of course, fewer, and fewer are watching them too, so…… lol

capejasmine on September 6, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Yeah, but where will Van Jones end up? Maybe our modern McCarthyite right-wing rage machine took him out, but why doesn’t Obama just see to it that he’s hired as the head of some quickly-created green jobs foundation which will then get the huge government contract for overseeing the creation of green jobs. We should keep an eye on his future career and follow the money. The green jobs economic imbecility is not gone, and maybe neither is Jones. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that he’s gone out of the White House before he had a chance to uncover the truth about 9/11 — that was a close call. (I kid)

Lonalee on September 6, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Next, I’d like to see a full audit of every single dime of the money Jones had at his disposal. No,trollies, this is not raaacccisst. It is common practice when someone quits abruptly

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 5:52 PM

I’ve got some nice rumors about Glenn Beck that I’d like to share.

If you have five dollars and Glenn Beck has five dollars, Glenn Beck has more money than you.

There is no ‘ctrl’ button on Glenn Beck’s computer. Glenn Beck is always in control.

Apple pays Glenn Beck 99 cents every time he listens to a song.

Glenn Beck can sneeze with his eyes open.

Glenn Beck can eat just one Lay’s potato chip.

Glenn Beck is suing Myspace for taking the name of what he calls everything around you.

Glenn Beck destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Glenn Beck can kill two stones with one bird.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck doesn’t read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Glenn Beck has allowed to live.

Outer space exists because it’s afraid to be on the same planet with Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck does not sleep. He waits.

Glenn Beck is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Glenn Beck is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Glenn Beck counted to infinity – twice.

When Glenn Beck does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

Glenn Beck is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Glenn Beck’ hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Glenn Beck can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.

Glenn Beck doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

Glenn Beck can slam a revolving door.

Glenn Beck does not get frostbite. Glenn Beck bites frost

Remember the Soviet Union? They decided to quit after watching a Glenn Beck marathon on Satellite TV.

Contrary to popular belief, America is not a democracy, it is a Becktatorship.

dicentra63 on September 6, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I would love to hear the Family Gibbs asked this very question at his next WH presser…Just to see him squirm his way out of answering it would be worth price…

crazywater on September 6, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Now for the rest of the czars to resign.

I really think Congress needs to introduce and pass a bill that prohibits czars, period, in any administration.

misslizzi on September 6, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Luck had nothing to do with Midway.

Wade on September 6, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I’m proud to be called an idiot by BikerBoy.

Knucklehead on September 6, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Likewise! and an a$$hole,right-wing terrorist,bitter gun clinging,too well dressed old bat who should STFU.

Loving every minute of it!

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 5:59 PM

The main stream media has Obamas back but Obama doesn’t trust them!

They dump this after midnight on a Sunday of a Holiday weekend sure that the major papers had gone to print so that the story would not show up until Monday (Holiday) morning when readership will be at its’ lowest. By then the lackeys on air will ahev run with the Commie talking points taht Van Jones the Communist was being picked on by the EVIL Republicans and driven from office by lies and distortions a convenient story for the AP news wire to follow.
Never mind that Van Jones was undone ONLY by his own words and associations and never mind that those people who Accused the republicans of WANTING to Cut Social Security and Medicare ARE ACTUALLY DOING IT!

HAAAAHAAAA Pinnochio pissed all over the newspaper industry, who is mostly in the tank, by assuring they would not get the story to print until after it had almost 24 hours in the electronic media cycle. Must be Van Jones the Green Czars way of savin trees…. bankrupting the Newspaper industry.

Else they figure papers won’t go to print on it after the TV coverup all day today!

Either way this administration is the worst evah even worse than Jimney Carter. Hell, Billy would have been better than these corrupt clowns!

dhunter on September 6, 2009 at 6:09 PM

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Posted your parody to my facebook. I gave you the credit of course. Thanks!ROTFLMAO

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Van Jones….Communist. I don’t want him in my government, I don’t want him in my neighborhood, I don’t want him in my city, I don’t want him in my state, I don’t want him in my country. If he loves being a Commie, Cuba is a quick boat ride away.

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Loving every minute of it!

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 5:59 PM

LOLOL..Katy, I HATE (love) your style, I’m a mean grumpy old man..LOLOL

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Don’t let the door hit you in the a**hole on the way out!

chickasaw42 on September 6, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Crucify him!! No wait, just throw the bum out.

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Glenn Beck statement on resignation of Van Jones

September 6, 2009 – 3:00 ET
The American people stood up and demanded answers. Instead of providing them, the Administration had Jones resign under cover of darkness. I continue to be amazed by the power of everyday Americans to initiate change in our government through honest questioning, and judging by the other radicals in the administration, I expect that questioning to continue for the foreseeable future.

yogi41 on September 6, 2009 at 6:31 PM

HotAir is God.

faraway on September 6, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Under the bus.

Would that this statement was literal rather than figurative.

infidel4life on September 6, 2009 at 7:02 PM

LOLOL..Katy, I HATE (love) your style, I’m a mean grumpy old man..LOLOL

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Thanks! Ain’t we got fun?

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Now, we should flood Olby’s site with fake, ginned-up dirt on on Beck.
Make them fact check everything, till they’re dizzy from the sheer volume.

massrighty on September 6, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I have to get in touch with Olby. I just found out my daughters, friends, cousin in laws mother knows Beck as a kid and remembered he went kind of light on the sugar when mixing up product for his Kool Aid stand.

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Thanks! Ain’t we got fun?

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Grr (sneering)rrrr…LOL..yup

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 7:20 PM

“Jones is Bozo without the mask.”

from another poster on Lucianne.com

dogsoldier on September 6, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Nananana Nananana Hey Hey Good Bye.

Hellrider on September 6, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I have often said to my husband and children that Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity have to know that anything in their past which can be used to discredit them will be uncovered. The fact that they are so fearlessly pursuing these things tells me that there is nothing to find.

None of the news reports I have heard, other than FOX, have made more of the fact that he resigned due to a vicious smear campaign my FOX and Republicans. I have heard nothing about the commie’s comments. I love this new marriage of video and the internet. All you A-holes in DC, beware.

Jvette on September 6, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Jvette on September 6, 2009 at 7:22 PM

So we should thank Murdoch for Fox, and Al Gore for the internet!

LOLOL..Thank you Al!

Jeff from WI on September 6, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Dear Glen Beck,

There is a tradition in aviation. When a pilot scores a victory in battle, they paint a symbol on his aircraft to mark his victory. Might I suggest a communist star or hammer & sickle logo for your microphone? You might post one for each czar you shoot down in flames.

Thank you!

Mangy Scot on September 6, 2009 at 7:43 PM

How I like to imagine Obama broke the news: “Let me be clear: Pack your sh*t.”

Yeah, that’d be nice but the reality is probably the same as with Daschle. Van, we gotta tell the public that you aren’t working here. What the bastards won’t know is that nothing is changed even if you don’t have the title.

highhopes on September 6, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Mangy Scot on September 6, 2009 at 7:43 PM

It would be far better to working on getting legislation passed that requires these positions have some vetting process.

highhopes on September 6, 2009 at 7:45 PM

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 5:52 PM

I agree. Lets see who was in the pipeline for receiving the initial loads before they could be dispersed to the point of being untraceable. This is how organized crime works.

Itchee Dryback on September 6, 2009 at 7:46 PM

highhopes on September 6, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I hear you, but my high hopes have been dashed. (Sorry about my warped sense of humor)

Mangy Scot on September 6, 2009 at 7:51 PM