Van Jones resigns

posted at 11:01 am on September 6, 2009 by Allahpundit

How I like to imagine Obama broke the news: “Let me be clear: Pack your sh*t.”

In a letter released just after midnight Saturday, Van Jones, President Obama’s Special Advisor for Green Jobs at the Council on Environmental Quality resigned.

“On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me,” Jones wrote. “They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide.”

Jones said that he had “been inundated with calls – from across the political spectrum – urging me to “stay and fight. But I came here to fight for others, not for myself. I cannot in good conscience ask my colleagues to expend precious time and energy defending or explaining my past. We need all hands on deck, fighting for the future.”

In this case, the “vicious smear campaign” consisted of (a) accurately quoting Jones and (b) citing documents he signed. But no matter. He’s headed for left-wing martyrdom, Trutherism notwithstanding and replete with lies about how Beck supposedly attacked him only after the Color of Change boycott began (wrong) and how the Truther petition itself was credibly challenged by other signatories (wrong twice over). Howard Dean’s already pushing the latter point, in fact, and calls Jones’s resignation “a loss for the country,” which is fitting insofar as Dean-o himself was once a bit warmer to Truther theories than even some lefty commentators could bear.

Ed Driscoll’s got a worthy reaction round-up so I’ll send you there from here. Three meta-points to take away from this, though. One: We were told during the campaign that Wright and Ayers were non-issues because they wouldn’t be part of the administration, but has Wright, for instance, said anything vastly worse than Jones has? If he’s persona non grata on Team Barry, why wasn’t Van the man? Two: As noted by Driscoll and Mickey Kaus and doubtless dozens of others, so astonishing was the press blackout on this story that millions of people will wake up today, see the headline, and wonder, “Who the hell is Van Jones?” This isn’t as sexy a media-bias scandal as Rathergate or the silence on Edwards during the primary, but it’s significant. And three: To keep beating a dead horse, this never would have happened had Jones been forced to sit for a Senate confirmation because the White House never would have nominated him. They knew he was toxic and they knew Republicans would force the press to cover that fact at a hearing. That’s the whole point of having “czars” — to install people in positions of cabinet-level power without having to deal with the Senate’s pesky check-and-balance. It needs to change. Soon.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

…………One down, thirty two plus Barry to go……

You got BECKED, sucka’!

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I haven’t posted at lgf for almost a year now-not worth the time.

Del Dolemonte on September 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Go get banned….I called BikeBoy out on his triple standards motivated by his soft spot for Marxists….

was a blast been meaning to do it for about a year now myself.

sven10077 on September 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Jones might be gone, but his nutcase ideas aren’t. They are enshrined in the personage that is our president, so the nuttery will live on. We lanced a boil, but it will cover over and begin to fester again…and again…and again, until this tragic error is corrected in November 2012.

Rational Thought on September 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Skandia Recluse on September 6, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Cry me a river. Must suck to be you today.

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM

The wheels on the bus go thump, thump, thump… also, to bring back an old phrase, I question the timing. Notice that he didn’t go out until Saturday of a holiday weekend… even if the MSM had covered it, nobody outside of conservatives would have noticed.

flutejpl on September 6, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Jonah Goldberg the nails the Administration’s failure, on this morning’s talkshows, to disavow Van Jones’ views:

I just watched David Axelrod, the top ranking political advisor in the White House, and Robert Gibbs, the President’s spokesman on “Meet the Press” and “This Week” respectively. Neither of them was willing, even after repeated questioning, to offer a single negative word about Van Jones. Not one word. A 9/11 Truther and defender of Mumia-Abu Jamal is not radical enough for this White House to distance itself from the man in any way. Again and again, this White House has been offered chances to condemn the man’s views and they have willfully and quite deliberately refused.

clorensen on September 6, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Its amazing, we talked about this at work this morning and to prove a point there were a number of people who were like “Van Jones?” who is that, What are you guys talking about?.

Koa on September 6, 2009 at 12:16 PM

This is truly a sad day for the Republic, a return to the House Un-American Activities witch hunts from so long ago.

Skandia Recluse on September 6, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I have an idea for a self awareness test. If you do not experience any cognitive dissonance during this test, you should consider demanding your money back from your alma mater:

Refresh your point with an open policy this time and use the words “Csar” and “Republic” in the same sentence.

In didn’t work for the Romans either.

Saltysam on September 6, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I haven’t posted at lgf for almost a year now-not worth the time.

Del Dolemonte on September 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

was a blast been meaning to do it for about a year now myself.

sven10077 on September 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM

And when you have done so go Check out who your fellow LGF bannies are, nearly 1000 in the last 6 months.

doriangrey on September 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM

What kind of a nutjob thinks that animals should be able to sue?

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Probably you could include most trial lawyers. :)

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM

$1 says you can’t help but tear up.

VegasRick on September 6, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I owe you a $1…

Seven Percent Solution on September 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Adios scumbag.

csdeven on September 6, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Somebody flush the toilet, the WH is full of turds.

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:21 PM

csdeven on September 6, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Have you been away, or am I just hallucinating again? Anyway, good to see ya here again.

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 12:23 PM

What kind of a nutjob thinks that animals should be able to sue?

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM
Probably you could include most trial lawyers. :)

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Hmm… Maybe that is why the phone was off the hook and the yellow pages are chewed. I know the cat is holding cash. The dogs have been selling my reading glasses over the fence for some time.

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 12:23 PM

The administration needs to add “Google” to their vetting process.

Decider on September 6, 2009 at 11:51 AM

This administration knew precisely what it was getting in Van Jones. Don’t be fooled. They picked him because of his views, not because they didn’t know about them. He was vetted and they approved. Just like the other czars were vetted and approved.

To all those people believing that Obama sat in Rev. Wright’s church for twenty years just to further his political career, YOU WERE WRONG. He sat in Rev. Wright’s church for twenty years because he believes in black liberation theology, which is also a form of Marxism.

alwaysright43 on September 6, 2009 at 12:23 PM

katy the mean old lady on September 6, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Sounds like it’s time for a shakedown of the pelt brigade at your house.
My cat has a direct line to lawyers.com and my dog digs up Johnny Cochran to sue me on a daily basis.

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

VegasRick on September 6, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I can’t even listen to the song with crying let alone that performance. Sweet.

Cindy Munford on September 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

This process was rotten to the core, and the cave-in is only going to encourage the Beck crowd.

Charles Johnson @ LGF

This Jonesther is worried that we will be encouraged to clean out the corruption in Government?

What a twisted loon.

I guess Michelle Malkin is part of the Beck crowd too, right Chuckles?

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Skandia Recluse on September 6, 2009 at 11:28 AM

You know who else was a recluse? Hitler.

TMK on September 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Man it must be getting crowded underneath the O-Bus, stalled as it is!

potkas7 on September 6, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Charles at Little Green Footballs says:

199 Charles
Sat, Sep 5, 2009 10:10:08pm replyquote 6downupreport

This is going to backfire on the GOP. Big time

How does he figure that?

bridgetown on September 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Because he intends to stomp his feet endlessly while railing against the big bad mean intolerant GOP. That is, when he’s not trying to sell jeans.

Pablo on September 6, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I dont think Van Jones will be disappearing completely. No doubt in my mind that he will still have to President’s ear, just not in as a czar.

bucsox79 on September 6, 2009 at 12:34 PM

The thing that the complaining lefties just don’t get is that all of these exposed crooks would not currently be under the bus if any of them were on the up & up.

Duh.

13Girl on September 6, 2009 at 12:35 PM

and here is the list of the other Czars!
Afghanistan Czar: Richard Holbrooke
Science Czar: John Holdren
Stimulus Accountability Czar: Earl Devaney
Sudan Czar: J. Scott Gration
TARP Czar: Herb Allison
Terrorism Czar: John Brennan
Technology Czar: Aneesh Chopra
Urban Affairs Czar: Adolfo Carrion Jr.
Weapons Czar: Ashton Carter
WMD Policy Czar: Gary Samore

sargentj on September 6, 2009 at 12:37 PM

LET’S STOP THE DISINFORMATION CAMPAIGN FROM THE LEFT. I am not expecting much from the GOP, but I might be surprised. They truly are deaf to the people. That is why I still will not send them a penny and throw away all of their letters because they are against us. They just don’t get it that with true conservatives, we will win big, as we have in the past. I also don’t put it past the GOP to not make the big gains in 2010 predicted. If they do make gains, it will be inspite of their counterintuitive, moronic behavior and complete wimpiness.

immigrantchick on September 6, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Keep pounding the Senate and House:

Demand the complete and comprehensive review of all of President Obama’s significant appointments of personnel such as the 32 “czars” of his administration.

Hold congressional review of these positions and personnel so that
i) the American people understand the role and responsibilities of the positions,

ii) the people in these senior positions are properly vetted and proven to be credible, worthy and honorable to execute these positions, and

iii) these positions are proven to be proper and non-conflicting with other positions so that our executive branch operates efficiently and in a manner that deserves public confidence.

Jeremiah Wright + Yale education = Van Jones

Jeremiah Wright + Harvard education = Barack Obama

4thQTR on September 6, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Jones still has not gone anywhere. He will get a job at some diversity & green job for a better tomorrow or something paid for by the government purse and still get control of some lever to do what ever he wanted to do. He is just a pawn. Obama is the King and until he is out the game continues.

tjexcite on September 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Ahhhhh Van’s chickens have roosted.

Now what is gonna to happen to the 1/2 of Obama’s brain aka Valerie Jarrett?
My guess is nothing. Even though she recruited this lunatic.

Ms. Jarrett is a power hungry do nothing Obamatron. For all the Boards she has been on, she has been ineffectual to say the least.

Wednesday should be interesting.

SmallGovtGuy on September 6, 2009 at 12:40 PM

who’s the a-hole now, Jones? looks like you got an extra one.

swash_plate on September 6, 2009 at 12:40 PM

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Off and on. I’m so pissed off most of the time, I have to take long breaks just to stay sane. After trying to shove this latest commie down our throats and then listening to Horowitz talk to Beck, I am convinced that if Obama continues with his communist agendas, he will eventually try to use physical force to subdue us. Then we are going to see rough and armed American citizens ready to do violence on behalf of this country and the founding principles that has kept it free from tyrants for almost 250 years.

csdeven on September 6, 2009 at 12:41 PM

CannedinCA is probably crying in her fruit loops this morning.

Van Jones is crispy critter.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 12:43 PM

CannedinCA is probably crying in her fruit loops this morning.

Van Jones is crispy critter.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I’m wondering what all our Beck-haters are thinking this morning?

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM

in a previous post, i speculated as to where cj of lgf was heading. it seemed to me that he was nearing the event horizon. i checked back today and it’s clear that he’s passed right over.

The bottom line: there seems to be absolutely no evidence that [Van] Jones is a Truther, except his name on a Truther document. And in that case, we’ve shown that the Truthers lied to several of the “signatories” and told them they were signing a simple, legitimate call for further investigations,

you know: “only asking questions“.

and, per his transitional voice, the former blogging friends covering the matter are shameful scum on account of the passive consonance of some ron paul types, while the obama cabinet apointee recieves 110% of the benefit of the doubt johnson explicitly hates all truthers with an even-handedly applied zero tolerance policy.

eh on September 6, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I predict that Duh Won is gone from office before the end of 2009. He will resign for medical reasons which HIPPA will protect from disclosure.

We must be prepared for Biden coming in and pulling a Ford-Nixon for the thugs currently called czars. While I do not believe that there was a deal between Ford and Nixon, in this current era I am not at all convinced there would not be a quid pro quo. After all, Ford and Nixon had some decency – there is no such moral drag on this group of gangsters and wiseguys.

platypus on September 6, 2009 at 12:47 PM

immigrantchick on September 6, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Absolutely, positively, HAD to be said.

This process of driving part way over the cliff, and then hooking up a chain and pulling it back to safe ground, and then driving halfway over the cliff again, and pulling it back is the process by which the great political center shifts to the left incrementally over time.

We need to turn the whole frickin’ car around, throw the idiot driving off the cliff, put on the white hat and drive off into the sunset.

Saltysam on September 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Van Jones’ theory on racist pollution gave me a good idea for a Steven Crowder and Zo video. Walking down the street, Steven could throw a candy wrapper on the ground, then in a completely different place, the wrapper hits Zo in the face.

Dongemaharu on September 6, 2009 at 12:49 PM

the msm still just playing up the 9/11 signature and his charge of a ‘smear campaign’, leading folks to believe it is the ONLY reason he left
————–
unfreakingbelievable

cmsinaz on September 6, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Saltysam on September 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM

The wrecker has a name: John McCain.

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM

You got BECKED, sucka’!

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM

On the earlier QUTD thread, someone coined the phrase “Reverse Alinsky”, as in we finally are using their own poison against them. I think it is a fitting tribute.

Now, who are we going after this week?

gopmom on September 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Q “O” TD

I went to catholic school. The u after q rule still sticks.

gopmom on September 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I’m wondering what all our Beck-haters are thinking this morning?

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM

“Where is my stinkin’ welfare check? It was supposed to be here on the first. Man, my butt-rash is flaring up! I wonder what sort of grapes they get these Grape-Nuts out of…” – Beck-Hater Thoughts Probably

TMK on September 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM

The wrecker has a name: John McCain.

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Nice touch with the word play…I like it!

Saltysam on September 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I’m wondering what all our Beck-haters are thinking this morning?

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Terryanndoinlines still insists that his eyes are just too buggy and his hair is too short to do good radio.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I’m wondering what all our Beck-haters are thinking this morning?

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM

They are all over at LGF with their lips firmly planted on Chuckie Johnson’s a$$.

Knucklehead on September 6, 2009 at 12:54 PM

csdeven on September 6, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I know what you mean. It gets so depressing that I have to get away from it from time to time too. I think I’ve been somewhat more hopeful lately, thanks mainly to Beck’s work on radio and FNC.

Yes, hard times ahead. But a victory this time not for the day, but for the decades, I hope.

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM

This is going to backfire on the GOP. Big time.

Charles Johnson @ LGF

You keep using that word “backfire”. I don’t think it means what you think it means, Chuckles.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Have you still not gotten it. The GOP is not the ones screaming here…….It is the average American that is screaming about what is going on. Some of us that are true conservatives bitched about Bush and things he did. Some here will tout a party line but you better open your eyes!

sargentj on September 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Knucklehead on September 6, 2009 at 12:54 PM

They love to sniff his bicycle seat just after a long ride.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 1:00 PM

How does he figure that?

bridgetown on September 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Judge Bork.

chemman on September 6, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I remember when long ago I used to read LGF… barely.

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Charles at Little Green Footballs says:

199 Charles
Sat, Sep 5, 2009 10:10:08pm replyquote 6downupreport

This is going to backfire on the GOP. Big time

How does he figure that?

bridgetown on September 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Pablo on September 6, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Whatever credibility CJ had left is completely gone. He is fraud and two faced and hypocrite plain and simple and this is one thing this Jones incident has proven.
I think it is a good thing to shine the light on this fool.

kangjie on September 6, 2009 at 1:03 PM

One radical, racist, loon down. The rest of the gang to go.

I’ll take any sign of victory I can get.

Hening on September 6, 2009 at 1:03 PM

alwaysright43 on September 6, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Damn skippy! I am done with Barry getting “the benefit of the doubt” on his associations. It is beyond insulting for anyone to try and tell you that the White house wasn’t aware of this guys radical background. Barry uses this czar backdoor because he can’t have his ideological cronies any other way.

anniekc on September 6, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Van Jones is one take down. A nice one, but really he was there long enough to put the programs in place.

Beck has a big ol target now. Lets see how this develops.

The refocus has to be on healthcare now.

Reconciliation is gonna happen, that was made clear in the Sunday talk shows

Public option is being moved to a trigger, that even Bob Dole supported, still selling out conservatives after all these years

WichoFawkes on September 6, 2009 at 1:06 PM

re: #236 Walter L. Newton

You know, I’m really in no mood to put with this crap from you, Walter. I suggest you rein it in or I’ll do it for you.

CJ beclowned

Chuckles not happy with Walter’s tongue bath. He didn’t beg first.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Kissmygrits on September 6, 2009 at 1:12 PM

We have seen the white’s of their eyes and they are running for cover. Pure racizm to run this loon off he meant well for the down trodden and all cept they don’t be making big bucks advizin buma cause they din go to yale.
I would think by now the alumni of yale if they work in the real world might hang the sheepskin in the cellar at hom
e.

Col.John Wm. Reed on September 6, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Kissmygrits on September 6, 2009 at 1:12 PM

It would be a lot easier to list those FOO (friends of obambi) that are NOT more than what they seem to be.

platypus on September 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Now, who are we going after this week?

gopmom on September 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Sunstein, Ezekiel Emmanuel….the swamp is deep. :)

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM

“Did Jones resign too soon? There were some rumblings among the gop to ask for an investigation into Jones and czars in general when he gave up the post. I’m wondering if there is more to Jones’ story than what has been spoken of so far.”
LOTS MORE 38 more and counting.
Dear congress critter investigate,NOW.

Col.John Wm. Reed on September 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM

TMK on September 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I meant here at HA, but you’re probably very close to reality….:)

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 1:19 PM

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 12:53 PM

LMAO.

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM

You are saying the President of the United States purposely chose Van Jones because of his radical beliefs and connections, his racial hatred of whites, his antipathy to capitalism, etc. You may now understand why some people who read the new media regard the Democrats as the enemy, instead of merely the political opposition. Keep to the high ground if that’s where you feel most comfortable, but there’s a battle going on in the trenches that shouldn’t be ignored.

JiangxiDad on September 6, 2009 at 1:21 PM

There were some rumblings among the gop to ask for an investigation into Jones and czars in general when he gave up the post. Kissmygrits on September 6, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Yes, Mike Pence is in the lead. Here’s hoping he drives it hard. From FoxNews.com:

Pence also called on Obama to suspend appointment of additional so-called “czars” until Congress has a chance to examine the background and responsibilities of such individuals, as well as to determine the constitutionality of such appointments.

“The Constitution of the United States vests Congress with the responsibility to advise and consent in the appointment of high ranking officials by the president,” Pence’s statement continued. “To date, President Obama has appointed more than thirty individuals to czar positions within his administration without permitting the Congress or the American people to properly examine their backgrounds or public records.”

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Sarah Palin focused everyone’s attention on “Obama Care” and Zeke Emanual with two simple words “death panel.” Glenn Beck led the charge to take down Van Jones.

What have Allah and his limp-wristed buddies at New Minority, The Next Right and Rightwing Nuthouse accomplished? Exactly nothing (unless you count Palin-bashing and attacks on true conservatives who are willing to fight).

Michelle – maybe it’s time to drop the “Zero” for Dr. Zero.

bw222 on September 6, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I’m wondering what all our Beck-haters are thinking this morning?

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Won’t be able to find out until the “Beck slides in dog crap” thread goes up…

Upstater85 on September 6, 2009 at 1:22 PM

petefrt at 12:04 PM

Source, please? I’d be very interested to get my hands on that bit of information. . .

johnny alpha on September 6, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Thank God Gore invented the internet or this would have never happened!

One battle won. Many thanks to all who helped investigate this dangerous man.

libertylady on September 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM

csdeven on September 6, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I really worry about that — forcing the crisis and all. The question, then, is will the military play along, turn on their own people? My bro was in the Army for 25 years. We used to talk about this. He always said there was no way he’d ever shoot on American citizens, and he didn’t know a single guy who would. That’s why I’ve always thought the leftists’ dream of a leftist authoritarian state is hopeless. The US military won’t play along. I hope I’m right.

Rational Thought on September 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I’m going to have to document that as a personal attack… Sure, this may be the way you envision Larry, but you ACTED by typing… /s

Upstater85 on September 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM

I’m wondering what all our Beck-haters are thinking this morning?

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Won’t be able to find out until the “Beck slides in dog crap” thread goes up…

Upstater85 on September 6, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Or maybe, Glenn linked to ‘M&M Twelve Step Program’.

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 1:24 PM

and here is the list of the other Czars!
Afghanistan Czar: Richard Holbrooke
Science Czar: John Holdren
Stimulus Accountability Czar: Earl Devaney
Sudan Czar: J. Scott Gration
TARP Czar: Herb Allison
Terrorism Czar: John Brennan
Technology Czar: Aneesh Chopra
Urban Affairs Czar: Adolfo Carrion Jr.
Weapons Czar: Ashton Carter
WMD Policy Czar: Gary Samore
sargentj on September 6, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Who’s NEXT??? Time to look under the rocks and in the scum ponds.

indypat on September 6, 2009 at 1:26 PM

WTF Chuck. OMG! Seriously, this is off-the-charts insane.

Sarah Palin quit all on her own. She wasn’t “hounded out of office.”

Charles Johnson @ LGF

WTF Chuck.

So Palin wasn’t hounded out of office? Those 18 ethics violation charges, that cost her almost half a million dollars in personal legal fees, were fabricated out of thin air?

Classic.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Or maybe, Glenn linked to ‘M&M Twelve Step Program’.

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I thought the more “journalistic” among us already showed that …

Upstater85 on September 6, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I’d like to know how much this scum bag was paid, and what was the size of the budget he controlled? And what the h#ll does a green jobs czar do anyway? I’d like to see the job description of all the czars and the budgets they are given without over sight.

MADgirl91 on September 6, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Classic.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 1:27 PM

This coming from the guy that was banning people for bringing up VJ’s firing…

Upstater85 on September 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM

thanks mainly to Beck’s work on radio and FNC.

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Everyone I know is either on board with us or is completely disinterested in what Obama is trying to inflict on this country. But even with the incredulity I feel, I don’t shy away from being one more voice in the melody of patriotism that is emanating from every corner of the country. I don’t give a crap how annoying I am to the zombies. If I can help wake up one of them, it’ll be worth it.

csdeven on September 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM

did he say a “delicious smear campaign”?

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Here’s another thought I picked up at Americanthinker.com. All employees of the WH have to be vetted by the CIA/FBI. No one gets near the Pres without their clearance. It’s impossible to imagine they didn’t know all about Van Jones’ background, which means the Pres was advised but appointed him anyway.
Rev, Wright, Bill Ayers, Van Jones = Barack Obama.

MADgirl91 on September 6, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Why would anybody hate Glen Beck?

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Bill Kristol on the All Star Panel this morning, gave a shout out to Gateway Pundit for doing more reporting on this than the MSM.

There has to be at least 32 influential conservative blogs that can divvy up these czars. If each blog reported on each czar, the resignations would come fast and furious.

Between Hot Air, Gateway Pundit, Free Republic, Naked Emperor News, Breibart TV, Ace of Spades and the others I’m missing from this list, this can be a project with a successful ending. We know that Beck, Limbaugh and Fox News will report the facts that each blog uncovers.

These czars can be gone by Christmas!

yogi41 on September 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM

What sort of jeans is Charles selling?

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Classic.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I say, wreak havoc on his site and then get banned…..

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM

JianxiDad at 1:21 PM

Which is exactly why all conservatives should be thankful for Malkin, Beck, Hannity, and yes, Coulter: they are willing to get in there and duke it out while the GOP “leadership” tries to win points for civility. You can’t win a fight in which you don’t engage!

johnny alpha on September 6, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Why would anybody hate Glen Beck?

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Mental illness? Or maybe a secret obama crush?

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Upstater85 on September 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM

We are talkin about a seriously warped individual. He is nuttier than nuttiest Troofer-Birther-Fake-Moon-Landing nut on the planet.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 1:35 PM

If they bring a knife we bring a blog. heh.

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I say, wreak havoc on his site and then get banned…..

HornetSting on September 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Been there, done that. Good Plan though.

I was banned oh so very banned and it felt so good.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I bet he believes that if you get an Indian on your tootsie pop wrapper, they will send you a free bag. Nuts.

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:37 PM

What sort of jeans is Charles selling?

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Why… Mom jeans of course…

doriangrey on September 6, 2009 at 1:38 PM

doriangrey on September 6, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Want to piss the guy off? Granted it doesn’t take much but just say something, pretty much anything about a Kindle.

Then sit back and watch him lose more marbles.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Source, please?
johnny alpha on September 6, 2009 at 1:22 PM

From The Real Van Jones Scandal: Why Glenn Beck Is Right
By Jeffrey Lord on 9.4.09 @ 6:10AM in The American Spectator and excerpted here at HA a day or so ago

Which is to say, Van Jones is in the White House this minute because someone — or several someones — knew his problems and quite deliberately overruled the Secret Service. That would be someone of very considerable power.

So.

Here are the questions Glenn Beck and others should be asking, based on my own personal experience:

• Who on the White House staff cleared Van Jones?

• What was that person’s connection to Van Jones or Mr. Jones’s political sponsor?

• Who, exactly, was Mr. Jones’ sponsor for this job? How much money did he/she contribute to the Obama campaign?

• Did the Secret Service notify anyone on the White House staff — or the President or First Lady or Vice President Biden — that Mr. Jones had an arrest record on file with police in two cities?

• Did the Secret Service protest any of this, objecting to Mr. Jones’ clearance?

• If the Secret Service did object, who overruled them? The President? The Chief of Staff? Someone else?

• If the answer to this last question is yes, and the Secret Service was overruled by the President or someone else, why did this happen?

Who overruled the objection to the Van Jones security clearance? My understanding is that the only people in the WH with authority enough to overrule it are Obama, Ms. Obama, and Rahm Emmanuel.

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Seriously, why does Hot Air link to that moonbat LGF blog? LGF is even listed under the “War on Terror” heading. The only war Charles is fighting is with Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller who are real fighters for the right. All Charles is fighting now is a War on Mom Jeans.

Kalapana on September 6, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Then sit back and watch him lose more marbles.

Geochelone on September 6, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Cant… He banned me months ago for suggesting Islam be banned in America as a violent political movement intent on the overthrow of the Republic…

doriangrey on September 6, 2009 at 1:48 PM

petefrt on September 6, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Couldn’t it have been Axelrot?

bloggless on September 6, 2009 at 1:48 PM