Video: Shea-Porter ejectee speaks …

posted at 12:57 pm on September 2, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Rep. Carol Shea-Porter (D-NH) had Carl Tomanelli, a retired cop, ejected from her town-hall meeting — when she finally got around to having one — for daring to question the presence of union enforcers in the crowd. On the way out, Shea-Porter taunted him by saying, “I do hope the movie theater can be a little quieter for you.” Instead, Tomanelli went to a forum hosted by Manchester Mayor Frank Guinta, where Tomanelli found a quieter and more open forum:

What a radical Tomanelli is! My goodness, no wonder Shea-Porter feared him so much! Why, he wanted to talk about er … accountability …. and how everyone should have a voice in the debate … and, er, how the “other side” has good ideas and people should listen to each other …

This is what frightened Shea-Porter? I’d say that Frank Guinta has a real opportunity to help alleviate Shea-Porter’s fears in November of next year and allow her to retire to someplace where she can just talk to herself all day long.

Comments

Ed, not just a retired cop, BUT A RETIRED NEW YORK COP! You can’t beat NY’s Finest.

BobAnthony on September 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM

The problem the libs have is that what they believe in can’t stand up to even cursory scrutiny.

Unlike conservatism, which is a philosophy that can stand up to scrutiny.

wildcat84 on September 2, 2009 at 1:02 PM

well said Carl!

Shea-Porter will be regretting this….tee hee :-)

cmsinaz on September 2, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Goombah!

pseudonominus on September 2, 2009 at 1:06 PM

The ads write themselves.

jukin on September 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM

It’s really hard to debate Marxism with non-Marxists.

faraway on September 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I know the answer to what I write below is power, but it still vexes me.

I can easily except that if a statist wants to create a progrewssive paradise in a state, our multi-level Democratic-Republic form of government allows them to do so, but why can they NOT accept the state as teh stopping point? If you want a more peaceful discourse, stop at the state level. DO not impose your statist policies on everyone. If your ideas are so good, they will be adopted 50 times over. How is this not easy to understand?

WashJeff on September 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Thank you Mr Tomanelli!!

reshas1 on September 2, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I think a better question is why are these statists insistent on morphing our nation into their leftwing paradise instead of moving to one that already exists like Sweden, France, UK, or even Canada.

After all if you hate the idea of the US, like say the Obamas, why not leave?

The answer is the same as the answer to your question though anyway. The Left will not be happy until they’ve crushed freedom everywhere and forced everyone to live under the same sort of authoritarian technocratic state.

18-1 on September 2, 2009 at 1:12 PM

WashJeff on September 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Because deep in the heart of every “progressive” is a yearning to impose their deep beliefs by force.

Authoritarianism is at the center of “progressive” politics. They know what’s best for you and they shouldn’t have to stoop to convince you of that. You should just accept it. And if you don’t, you need to be brought into line by any means necessary.

I have that too, but my deep belief is to be left the hell alone by “progressives”.

But being “progressive” isn’t at all fun and you don’t “make a difference” by being progressive all by your lonesome.

NoDonkey on September 2, 2009 at 1:13 PM

How is this not easy to understand?

It is. All it takes a a little logic and reason Jeff. Oh wait…

JusDreamin on September 2, 2009 at 1:14 PM

This is the real hope and change….! Americans paying attention to their elected officials.

d1carter on September 2, 2009 at 1:15 PM

“Ejected.”

Thank you.

The Monster on September 2, 2009 at 1:16 PM

expose her as the dingbat fraud she is…..stomp her!

SDarchitect on September 2, 2009 at 1:18 PM

This man would be a great senator methinks.

Chaz706 on September 2, 2009 at 1:25 PM

WashJeff on September 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Actually, the answer is the same as the reason for the Berlin wall.
The tighter you squeeze with your socialism, the more the productive that it feeds on leave.

Count to 10 on September 2, 2009 at 1:26 PM

…allow her to retire to someplace where she can just talk to herself all day long.

And maybe there will be some good Christmas (ooops..Holiday movies) coming out that she can go enjoy.

Blaise on September 2, 2009 at 1:26 PM

The angry mobs will no longer be a problem for Obama’s health care plans. He and his Democrat puppet-heads have met their match in our senior citizens and have been soundly defeated in the war of words and policies.

He must find an easier target, one more on the level of his political skills and experience in worldly affairs.

That reminds me, isn’t he going to be brainwashing grades K-6 next week?

I like a fair fight.

fogw on September 2, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Olympia snowe
this is off topic but it has to be posted here. She is going to cave and side with the libs on healthcare. Burn her phones at her offices. Pick a zip code or a town in Maine, call her office saying you represent a group of seniors and let her know she’s out if she votes with the libs. Better yet, take a page out of alinskys rules for radicals and say your moderate democrats against the bill. Stop her now before she caves! Call now!!

texaninfidel on September 2, 2009 at 1:32 PM

The ads write themselves.

jukin on September 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Good thing, because I don’t want to hold my breath waiting for the GOP to write them.

CurtZHP on September 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Oh My!

Knucklehead on September 2, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Only because her poll numbers are in the tank. But I’ll take what I can get.

SouthernGent on September 2, 2009 at 1:40 PM

He should run against her.

- The Cat

P.S.

This is what frightened Shea-Porter?

But but but he’s both a Baby Killer and a Pig!!!!!!!!!!Hippy!Eyes!!!!!!!!!!

MirCat on September 2, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Tomanelli went to a forum hosted by Manchester Mayor Frank Guinta

Who has already expressed interest in running for Che-Porter’s seat.

Once again, for any HA newbies who may have missed it, here’s my personal Che-Porter anecdote. Last fall the son of a friend of mine was killed in action by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan. His military funeral in Franklin NH attracted thousands.

The first speaker at the funeral was Governor John Lynch, a Democrat. Besides him, the entire NH Congressional delegation was there except for two people.

One of them was Judd Gregg. His excuse? At the same time as the service, he was helping at the launch of the new attack sub USS New Hampshire in Portsmouth.

The other one missing? Che-Porter. No explanation, no apology.

In fact, when I got home from the service and burial, there was a fund-raising e-mail in my inbox. From her.

She’s scum.

Del Dolemonte on September 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Does it have one of those no-postage-necessary reply envelopes? (hint, hint)

The Monster on September 2, 2009 at 2:00 PM

This guys reminded me of my uncle. Navy vet, retired NYPD. My uncle set me straight on issues when I was a teen, and even called me a “commie” at one point when I told him I didn’t know if God existed (Grew up to be a minister). These guys are the salt of the earth. No hidden agenda. It does me good to see that he stands up for what he believes in and is so against the sham of Obamacare. As long as we have these guys on our side in this…..we have right with us as well.

Hening on September 2, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Carl Tomanelli said it best when he mention the look from the federal cop – and never saw that kind of look before at that type of setting.

wheels on September 2, 2009 at 2:04 PM

This clip is the most effective advertisement for the conservative position yet.

notagool on September 2, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Tort reform baby, its a Democrat failing.

Speakup on September 2, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Daylight is the best disinfectant.

Shea-Porter is just the tip of the iceberg…we need to get rid of them all, Shaheen, Hoades and Gov. Lynch.

They’ve turned NH into MassNorth, and it really stinks here now.

RealThunder on September 2, 2009 at 2:55 PM

How is this not easy to understand?
WashJeff on September 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Because ‘rationale’, ‘open mindedness’, ‘integrity’ and other desirable character qualities are not present.

As NoDonkey noted, they only have a deep desire to run your life. They don’t really think they are any smarter, only better. They only have a deep desire to run every aspect of your life. They mask it in ‘helping the poor’, ‘protecting the children’, ‘creating level playing fields’ … name any do-gooder nanny program. It’s a mask.

Simply, they are narcissistic tyrants at heart and do not give a real damn about anyone or anything except themselves that you are their serf and should serve them. It’s that simple in my eye.

AZ_Redneck on September 2, 2009 at 3:23 PM

The ads write themselves.

jukin on September 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM

CurtZHP on September 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM

But what if they don’t run them like the anti-Obamacare
who knows what they do in 4 years look how far they gone in 7 months.

Take back the house 2010 or it will be too late

tjexcite on September 2, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Good for him. A brave man.

LASue on September 2, 2009 at 3:44 PM

The left has always been the true home of the tyrant. They are very good at projecting upon the right every nasty little tactic they have, of course it helps that they have the media, education and entertainment for propaganda inculcation.

flyfishingdad on September 2, 2009 at 3:53 PM

We need people like this in office, not the crapola we have now.

Jeff from WI on September 2, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Frank Guinta for Congress!!!

Is he Furio’s dad?

Mike D. on September 2, 2009 at 4:52 PM

BobAnthony on September 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM

You can’t beat them but they’ll beat you. Just ask Abner Louima.

rokemronnie on September 3, 2009 at 12:15 AM

You can’t beat them but they’ll beat you. Just ask Abner Louima.

rokemronnie on September 3, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Hey you punk,

Why don’t you tell you punka*s snarky comments to the families of the 23 NYPD officers that died trying to save others at the Twin Towers.

Better yet why don’t you say what you wrote to the men of the NYPD Emergency Service Unit who lost 14 of their brother officers on 9/11.

I wish you luck.

“Fidelis Ad Mortem” – Faithful Unto Death.

panzerkardinal on September 3, 2009 at 1:00 AM

The looming question is, how did they get “Lost’s” Richard Alpert off the island to hold the microphone for the forum??

That’s all we need, getting someone from Mittelos Bioscience or the Dharma Initiative involved in this boondoggle.

Captain Scarlet on September 3, 2009 at 4:06 AM

You can’t beat them but they’ll beat you. Just ask Abner Louima.

rokemronnie on September 3, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Glad to see the left will always focus on the evil element in a law enforcement organization but will also paint terrorist groups like Hamas as peace-loving freedom fighters.

You disgust me.