Michele Bachmann: Let’s slit our wrists and take a blood oath against ObamaCare

posted at 9:42 pm on September 1, 2009 by Allahpundit

Dude, I’ll do a pinky swear and, perhaps, accept a triple dog dare. But actual cutting? Blood spilled a la eighth-graders heading off to look at a body one of their classmates found in the woods?

I only do that for tax cuts.

“This cannot pass,” the Minnesota Republican told a crowd at a Denver gathering sponsored by the Independence Institute. “What we have to do today is make a covenant, to slit our wrists, be blood brothers on this thing. This will not pass. We will do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn’t pass.”

“Something is way crazy out there,” Bachmann said in her remarks, billed as a “personal legislative briefing” by the Golden-based Independence Institute, which bills itself as a “free market think tank.”

“This is slavery,” Bachmann said after claiming many Americans pay half their income to taxes. “It’s nothing more than slavery.”

In a speech filled with urgent and violent rhetoric, Bachmann — who proudly acknowledges she is the country’s “second-most hated Republican woman,” behind only former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin – drew a clear line on health care reform.

Exit question: How about a 90 percent tax on Wall Street profits to fund ObamaCare? That’s not slavery. It’s just … kindness.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

If Greenwald is an “expert constitutional lawyer / scholar” than I am freakin’ Oliver Wendall Holmes.

Monkeytoe on September 2, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Jaibones on September 2, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Pathetic to see such an imbecile “representing” either the Libertarian cause and/or Ron Paul. This nutcase is as radically destructive to ultra-conservatism as the Marxists who pirated the Democratic Party into their own political body.

Given that the Constitution declares the USA a sovereign state, we have every right to defend our nation and citizens effectively.

Spazzy Spathi does a fine job convincing true independents to steer clear of the 3rd party effort.

maverick muse on September 2, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Hell, worse things happen to Plebes at West Point!

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Monkeytoe, hats off!

maverick muse on September 2, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Greenwald Obama is not a real constitutional lawyer – he just plays one to idiots on the left who want to believe they have a real expert on their side.

Monkeytoe on September 2, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 4:04 PM

The shoe fits.

maverick muse on September 2, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Monkeytoe on September 2, 2009 at 4:01 PM

God Bless You for your service. I knew there was something behind the effectiveness I’ve seen when you wade into Trolls and Mobys. I’ve got 30 years in Corporate communications and I recognize a wordsmith when I see one.

kingsjester on September 2, 2009 at 4:06 PM

ClassicCon,

Can you read- he posted jpegs of the ACLU report on his page. It wasn’t just an editorial.

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I can read, much better than you child.

The source for this is the Human Rights First report which states:

Since August 2002, nearly 100 detainees have died while in the hands of U.S. officials in the global war on terror. According to the U.S. military’s own classifications, 34 of these cases are suspected or confirmed homicides; Human Rights First has identified another 11 in which the facts suggest death as a result of
physical abuse or harsh conditions of detention.

This then gets somewhat accurately reported by the Daily Beast article as:

In February 2006, a review by Human Rights First determined that almost 100 detainees died in U.S. custody in Afghanistan and Iraq facilities as of 2005, and that almost half of the cases were clearly homicides. Several cases discussed in the report were clear cases of torture homicides.

And finally we get the talking point you kids need, provided by the Bush hating Greenwald as:

“The interrogation and detention regime implemented by the U.S. resulted in the deaths of over 100 detainees in U.S. custody — at least.”

Like I said, do I believe we killed some detainees? Yep. Do I care? Nope.

And no I don’t support McCain’s ban on water boarding. I don’t even mind real torture.

Anything else?

ClassicCon on September 2, 2009 at 4:07 PM

maverick muse on September 2, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Thank you maverick muse. As a libertarian myself, I’ve been cringing. . . Most of us have not gone off the deep end.

Firefly_76 on September 2, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I think “slashing” is overkill in terms of the action, but cutting the forearm and mingling blood is what I always saw from Hollywood for becoming blood brothers. Is Hollywood making stuff up?

I like conservative, attractive women and am happy to be their apologist at any turn.

Hening on September 2, 2009 at 4:09 PM

We need to radicalize the Libertarian Party.

No more Bob Barr’s and no more small L Libertarianism.

Chuck Baldwin was a much more Libertarian candidate than the person the Libertarian Party decided on even though he wasn’t the perfect candidate but he was at least reasonable.

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:10 PM

How can it be torture when we do it to our own troops?

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Because those Americans hate the troops that lay down their life and freedoms to protect them.

Hening on September 2, 2009 at 4:11 PM

“My name a Borat. I come a from Kazakhstan. Can I say first, we support your war of terror!”

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM

maverick muse on September 2, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Agreed. This twit and her deranged Bircher Buddies from the Paulian Anarchist movement attempt to discredit independence. Doesn’t work.

Jaibones on September 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM

So we come full circle, and the little, internet, poindexter is reduced to quoting movies. I am sure you are a hipster, genius over at that collection of virgins known as digg.com, but sorry you have to deal with some adults here.

ClassicCon on September 2, 2009 at 4:17 PM

ClassicCon,

It took a comedian to correctly articulate the Bush years.

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I didn’t vote for McCain, but the one thing about him I did like his strong stance against water boarding and other torture techniques that Bush-Cheney had going.

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:22 PM

ClassicCon,

It took a comedian to correctly articulate the Bush years.

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM

No, it is just that juvenile pop culture references is all you ridlin babies can comprehend long enough to repeat. Same reason little Johnny Stewart is a god to you kids. Pandering to the lowest common denominator of our society is very profitable.

ClassicCon on September 2, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Want to quote movies? Okay, I’ll play. Probably over the top.

We’re dicks! We’re reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don’t like dicks, because pussies get ****** by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes: assholes that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn’t appropriate – and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of **** that they become assholes themselves… because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don’t know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don’t let us **** this asshole, we’re going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in ****!

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 4:27 PM

ClassicCon,

Yes, but he correctly described it as the war of Terror.

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM

It took a comedian to correctly articulate the Bush years.

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Yep, Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Team America: World Police.

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Reagan had the war on drugs, and Bush had the war of terror.

It doesn’t meant that EVERY policy was bad, but just his main one.

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I don’t think any of your beloved al qaeda terrorists were water tortured as severely as Mary Jo Kopechne.

Buddahpundit on September 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Spathi on September 2, 2009 at 4:10 PM

You have neither the guts nor the intellect to actually organize your own political party. You are a hack, a parasitic hack, a tick requiring removal from the Libertarian hindquarters. Go take your so-called ideals and build your party on your own where they need “good” leadership and nation building from opportunistic do-gooders; try Somalia. But you lack charity for others, and wouldn’t lift a finger to help stop genocide as an aid to Doctors Without Borders in Darfur. You are an anarchist domestic terrorist. We repudiate your corruption of whatever would be good. All you want is power to deprive others of liberty according to Constitutional Governance, damned hypocrite.

maverick muse on September 2, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Buddahpundit on September 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM

And that explains the difference of intent. I believe we wanted the ‘alleged’ terrorists to live so they could talk. I don’t believe l’il teddy wanted Mary Jo to breath at all.
Fortunately for that particular retch, I was not his judge.

Blacksmith8 on September 2, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Heh, heh, heh; This ought to scare the wee wee out of some of those left-liberal psychos!

Cybergeezer on September 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM

If the North Vietmnamese had just water boarded McCain, he would still be able to change a lightbulb in a ceiling fixture.

McCain was tortured, water boarding is NOT torture. If my opinion is disliked, well, tough.

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 5:06 PM

I forgot to log off and log in, dammit.

Pelayo on September 2, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Jaibones on September 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM

There’s been a lot of banter that is inaccurate, smearing what otherwise makes a legitimate point, as most people use labels inappropriately, according to popular usage via Alinsky methodology, sadly becoming habitual in American “culture”.

Ron Paul is not the anarchist that “his” movement or the Libertarian Party attracted. Leave his name out of the extremism where he hasn’t applied himself. He has his own record to contend with, as well as to support my assertion. That would only be fair.

The John Birch Society meant to eradicate Marxism from our government, to prevent the Socialist take-over that was occurring and the globalism that has since become reality.

This spazzy freakish delinquent isn’t worthy of any such association with either the Birch organization, Ron Paul, or the Libertarians.

maverick muse on September 2, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 5:06 PM

GITMO detainees always had the option to spill their beans rather than deal with the H2O. Had they drowned, they’d have a “torture” case. They didn’t die, and they weren’t disfigured. It wasn’t torture.

maverick muse on September 2, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I love the way Michelle Bachman drives the loonies even loonier.

DaMav on September 2, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Rep. Bachmann does know how to make the libs squirm.

TBenton on September 2, 2009 at 6:02 PM

maverick muse on September 2, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Ding!

According to some people the Monty Python’s Spanish Inquisition bit is equal to the actual Spanish Inquisition!

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 6:41 PM

maverick muse on September 2, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Whoa! That was one thermonuclear takedown! 8-O
Remind me never, never to get on your bad side.

Mary in LA on September 2, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Yep, Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Team America: World Police.

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Duh Matt Damen

Jeff from WI on September 2, 2009 at 8:19 PM

How can it be torture when we do it to our own troops?

Holger on September 2, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Because the people who want to decide what “torture” is (ACLU, Code Pinkos, MoveOn, etc.) don’t give a damn about U.S. servicemembers.

malclave on September 2, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I love that woman.

Sign of the Dollar on September 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Issa’s one page bill sounds great to me. Let all Americans access the same healthcare plan that Federal Workers get. Problem solved.

Christian Conservative on September 3, 2009 at 12:43 AM

forgive the off topoic post but
Olympia snowejob needs to be stopped !
Call her office and say you are from Maine and represent a group of seniors against obamacare. It doesn’t matter if you don’t live in Maine. Find a zip code and town name off the net and call her now. Or say you are a moderate dem who voted for her, and you are against obamacare or any public option. We need to burn her local Maine offices as well as Washington. Call her now before she caves to the libs. Call her now!!!!

texaninfidel on September 3, 2009 at 1:43 AM

maverick muse,

What the heck are you talking about? I oppose torture and the Iraq and Afghanistan occupations.

We were talking about McCain’s effort to ban the military from torturing no Somailia, and also McCain’s rebuttel of Cheney on Meet the Press.

Spathi on September 3, 2009 at 4:22 AM

maverick muse,

It’s hilarious that you think that people who don’t support torture and don’t support the occupations are selfish and greedy. You don’t make any sense.

Spathi on September 3, 2009 at 4:24 AM