Video: The greatest local news story ever?

posted at 4:15 pm on August 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

A palate cleanser via Videogum and Red Eye’s own Andy Levy, declaring this to be the absolute pinnacle of its genre. He’s wrong — this is the pinnacle — but he’s not far off the mark. What are the odds, my friends, that the bottom of a stiff-bristled broom would be so uniformly flat as to let it stand on its own? One in, er, 100, maybe? Or is it silly to ask about probability where the hand of the Holy Spirit is so clearly at work?

Too bad they didn’t bring in a scientific expert to help crack this nut. Like, say, any local high-school physics student. Exit question: You guys realize that this clip is pure heroin to atheists, right?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I know, Mexican Virgin Mary Toast

Jeff from WI on September 1, 2009 at 5:48 AM

It does seem to be leaning though….. odd

darwin-t on September 1, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Well, I am clueless about physics so somebody would have to tell me what this high school student might clue me in on.

Still, I’m more bothered by the apostrophe in “Standing on It’s Own”–doesn’t this news station have editors?

fireweednectar on September 1, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I’m pretty sure the “Holy Spirit” comment was something of a joke AP. Just in case no one else bothered to tell you… :)

j_ehman on September 1, 2009 at 10:46 AM

You can see Jesus’s face in the bristles! This is why I don’t watch local news ever.

Sumeet on September 1, 2009 at 11:18 AM

That’s nothing, when I was a kid I had a plastic, blow-up kinda cylinder/oval shaped baloon with a picture of a clown on it. I could knock it down and it would stand up on its own!!! Spooky…

jeffn21 on September 1, 2009 at 3:06 PM