Quotes of the day

posted at 10:55 pm on August 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Alas, this era of collegiality and respect, the era of Tip O’Neill and Ronald Reagan, is over. The recent reaction in the blogosphere to Ted Kennedy’s death proves that. After reading some of the discourse online, I was both surprised and disgusted at what was being written. I was shocked that even in death, people were having partisan quarrels about his legacy which led me to writing a Tweet saying, ‘I just don’t know what kind of life of anger you lead if you can’t put politics aside for a moment to respect a man’s passing…’ Immediately, this post was used yet again by some as an example of my ‘secret liberalism.’ Because what—apparently I can only respect a politician who had served nearly five decades in the Senate if he was a Republican? I don’t know how or why we got to this place in politics. Why death is used as yet another excuse for mudslinging and party rhetoric. It is depressing to think that we have come to an age where you can only mourn a man’s service to his country if he abides by every single political tenet you believe in…

If nothing else, I hope that the death of Ted Kennedy inspires high school students in civics classes and political science majors in colleges all across the country. If they listened this weekend to all Senator Kennedy was able to accomplish in his remarkable life, they too will realize why public service—in any capacity and for either political party—is and should continue to be a worthy calling.”

***
“The attempt to dismiss Kopechne’s death as a down payment on Kennedy’s mountain of legislation is not merely an act of political convenience, a smokescreen blown by Democrats eager to paint Kennedy into the ‘Last Supper’ of liberal apostles, with oils of their choosing. The Left is speaking from the dark heart of collectivism, a belief system that will collapse if it acknowledges any area in which the rights of an individual absolutely trump the needs of the State. The modern super-state depended heavily on Ted Kennedy for its existence, as dozens of news anchors have been eager to explain over the last few days. The idea that the epic narrative of the State should be compromised in the name of justice for a random citizen is ludicrous to the Left.”

***
Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Kennedy is where he belongs – in hell.

RedNewEnglander on August 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

If you really listen to ALL he was able to “accomplish”, and you consider yourself a conservative, or even a moderate, then I think you have to come away with a different takeaway than this.

stldave on August 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

We aren’t in this together. There are people in elected office that have vastly different visions of who we are and where we should go. She doesn’t seem to fully grasp that. Naive.

stldave on August 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Yep..she’s a classic poseur…it’s really all about her…gotta get that camera angle just right…we get it.

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

AP,

This chronic posting about the McCain twit is far more disturbing than your infatuation of Kirsten Powers. That, at least, was somewhat understandable, if not excusable. Please do us all of favor and find someone else to drool over.

Thanks.

Kalapana on August 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Alright, AP. I’ve been a big fan for many years (pre-Hot Air even). But I’ve had it with this Meghan McCain business. No more, please. No one cares.

BJ* on August 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

She just quoted her own “tweet.” Holy sh*t…

V15J on August 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Meghan’s Endless Diary. I wish she’d keep it to herself.

Alana on August 31, 2009 at 11:43 PM

When Wellstone died, I had nothing negative to say. The man might have been a hardcore leftwinger, but he seemed to be a heartfelt one and as far as I know, not a bad man.

Kennedy was a bad man. There is no way to sugar coat it. He was a misogynistic, spiteful aristocrat. He left a woman to drown to save his political career. He interfered in his nephew’s rape trial because he could. This is also why he sexually assaulted women. And the fact that the Left wants to celebrate his life is a stain on their collective reputation.

18-1 on August 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

God’s crying?

No God judged him as soon as his sorry soul arrived. Where he landed entirely depends on what uncle Teddy did about Jesus Christ.

Mojave Mark on August 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM

She just quoted her own “tweet.” Holy sh*t…

V15J on August 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

That sounds indecent. With MegaMac, it’s downright stomach-churning.

progressoverpeace on August 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

MegMac’s opinion of my opinion of Ted-the-Red is right up there with my cat’s opinion of me feeding the dog.

Limerick on August 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Another solid quote of the day Allah… even though Meghan’s thoughts give me splitting headaches.

mjbrooks3 on August 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

who gives a rat’s *** what Megan whats-her-name thinks?

PackerBronco on August 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I had more sympathy for the passing of Ed McMahon.

I did. I swear. My ‘moment’ lasted about 5 seconds…long enough for me to read the headline and whisper the prayer, “Lord, have mercy on him, because I can’t.”.

It is depressing to think that we have come to an age where you can only mourn a man’s service to his country…

It is more depressing how ol’ Kennedy ‘serviced’ his country. He serviced us alright, and didn’t leave enough on the nightstand for cab fare.

Left Coast Right Mind on August 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

If they listened this weekend to all Senator Kennedy was able to accomplish in his remarkable life, [..]

They didn’t.

kahall on August 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

BTW, she’s turned about as many ‘youth’ onto the Republican party as David Brooks, Peggy Noonan, David Frum and Bruce Bartlett have combined…about -50,000…Helluva Job MeggieMac!

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Wow, first time I ever heard her mention Reagan. Again, this is the only place I every hear about this nitwit McCain. AP is obsessed and he is an ass. Service to his country? I didn’t know destroying the moral fabric of a once great nation was a “service”.

echosyst on August 31, 2009 at 11:51 PM

This is just too easy.

For Upstater85;)

Lanceman on August 31, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Where is Upstater?

ladyingray on August 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

The only advantage of being 70 is I got to see Teddy dead; a harsh thing to say but the adulation he has received is disgusting. The man was a murderer and a vile piece of work.

Dhuka on August 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

OT/Anyone see this on Newsbusters?

Scarborough: Obama Admin Must Have Signed Off On Lockerbie Terrorist Release. Well if this is true lets all get ready for “Another one bites the dust” Another one under the bus. Lets speculate who that would be…perhaps Hillary Clinton?
JOE SCARBOROUGH: I’m talking about the British deal: oil for terrorists. And Chuck Todd earlier today said the White House needs to answer questions: what did the president know, when did he know it? Did the administration know about this deal? Did they go along with it?
. . .
PAT BUCHANAN: It’s hard for me to believe that the British government, Gordon Brown and these other folks, working these things out with Scotland to let this terrorist go, who has killed 260 or 270 people, including about five dozen American school kids, that they would let him go and not give the White House a heads-up as to what is coming down the pike.
(Joe) Anybody that works in Washington for more than a day knows the British government is not going to release a terrorist that killed American kids without getting the OK from the American government.” OMG.

KCinLV on August 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

KCinLV on August 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I still say the Brits did it for Bermuda payback.

Limerick on August 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Seriously AP, I hate to pile on, but enough with McCain already…both of them.

God IS crying somewhere since this is the first critical post I have ever made of AP. See where this MeggieMac fetish is leading?

Vigilante on August 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Nice post- a great way to emphasize the victimization of the right at the hands of Kennedy.

That’s exactly right. Liberals are not patriotic Americans who seek a better future for the country, but twisted communists with a deep and evil character flaw that leads to the promotion state power over the rights of the individual (forget about the NAACP of course). Conservatives are the only true patriots, the self-righteous who must overcome the darkness of those who disagree with their agenda.

Orrin Hatch, one of the nation’s top conservatives and a man of the cloth, couldn’t disagree with that opinion more.

bayam on September 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Just be glad you weren’t alive in 1969, Megs. Might have been you dead in that car.

spmat on August 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Ha! My thoughts exactly. Sounds like she would’ve gladly driven off with him into the “sunset”, doesn’t it?

Why does AP keep quoting this little airhead?

kg598301 on September 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

What was Kennedy saying about Bork during that magical era of collegiality and respect?

stldave on September 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Huh, I was thinking more along the lines that she would not have required a relocation to a private place.

Spirit of 1776 on September 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

BJ* on August 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Agreed, why all the Meg??? Let’s see what Brittany feels…what about Cheney’s gay daughter??? Who friggin cares! Meg was, is, and always will be a “nobody gives a …”

Ozprey on September 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

You ignorant fat sow! The Swimmer is the one who killed Statesmanship with his despicable behavior during the Bork nomination.

You’d like to think that is the context of the abhorrence toward that murdering scum. The coward let Mary Jo drown while ran home to save his political career.

Lordy gal, you are a stupid ass.

csdeven on September 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

If Meghan had been in Teddy’s Oldsmobile she’d have at least floated to the surface.

wildcat84 on September 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

AP, I assume that if Ms. McCain ever disses a liberal, you’ll be on the job. In the meantime, this would seem to be the definitive reason not to pay attention until that happens.

To the living we owe respect, but to the dead we owe only the truth Voltaire

(Bonus: when I Googled that quote to get it right, I found it on KOS! I didn’t bother to click through, though)

Splunge on September 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM

I’m sure there is some joke to be made about leaving a certain wannabe pundit behind and swimming ashore, but that would be in bad taste.

jhffmn on September 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

So the death of a girl is now political?

Johan Klaus on September 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

…paraphrase Megan’s article. . .”Mean people suck.”

- The Cat

MirCat on August 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM

The proper rejoinder is, “No, whiney people suck.”

ya2daup on September 1, 2009 at 12:14 AM

jhffmn on September 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

If that had been her in the car, it could have have sunk.

Jim Treacher on September 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Seriously. Just ignore her.

I know you have given her the benefit of the doubt, what with the age and all. But she’s just annoying. She never criticizes Democrats. She never defends Republicans. She’s just a pain in the ass and now she is defending this murderer. Enough.

Patterico on September 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

idk

people keep telling me unlimited term limits is awesome

im not so sure.

blatantblue on September 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Jim Treacher on September 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

You are sooooooo bad…. but God forgive me, I love it.

Hog Wild on September 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Liberalism is robbery of every adult by a government, in the name of his own good, on the justification he is too stupid to choose properly for himself. Honoring a theif for being an all-out thief degrades the honest man.

Chris_Balsz on September 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Allah — why do you insist on giving that stupid cow any “air time” whatsoever? She’s a phucking moron and proves it again rather nicely with this latest bowel movement masquerading as a column.

D2Boston on September 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

LEAVE TED KENNEDY ALOOOOOONE!!!!!!!

hisfrogness on September 1, 2009 at 12:25 AM

She just quoted her own “tweet.” Holy sh*t…

V15J on August 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Good God, she posts her idiotic crap at that trash blog, and she gets, what?, 22 comments? I think 14 of them are Allahpundit sockpuppets.

Did I read that The View wants this chunkbar on their show? Why? Allah and three gay guys from Denton, Texas are the only ones who read her drivel.

Jaibones on September 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

I realize now I should’ve written it like:

LEAVE BRITNEY TED KENNEDY ALOOOOOONE!!!!!!!

hisfrogness on September 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Patterico on September 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Who are you, really?! What have you done with Patterico?

Jaibones on September 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM

this post was used yet again by some as an example of my ’secret liberalism.’

Honey, the only thing virgin on you is your nose, and even that’s been blown.

Saltysam on September 1, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Er, could never have sunk.

Jim Treacher on September 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Kennedy was a political man. Why should I put politics aside.

When Tony Snow dies, the left did not put politics aside; even if Tony Snow killed nobody in Chappaquiddick (and jokes about it).

Antagonist on September 1, 2009 at 12:34 AM

AP, if you really care about Meggie Mac, let her go. If she swims back, then maybe it’s meant to be.

Terrie on September 1, 2009 at 12:36 AM

cash for clunkers

blatantblue on September 1, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Meh

Aquateen Hungerforce on September 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Crap,SNAFU on the scale,oh well,good night
everyone:)

canopfor on September 1, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Alas, the era of Kennedy and Andropov is over.

Feedie on September 1, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Well, she certainly is a bona-fide member of the rest of the editorial staff at the “Daily Boob”. She only looks at the appealing outward appearance and fails to see the shallowness and vileness within those like Kennedy. i.e., admires the form and misses the substance.

AZfederalist on September 1, 2009 at 12:46 AM

MegMac willl be relieved to know the Teddy will be getting an eternal flame.

Just not in Arlington.

profitsbeard on September 1, 2009 at 12:48 AM

bayam on September 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

One of the nation’s top conservatives??? Maybe if compared to Olympia Snowe.

bw222 on September 1, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Meghan’s comments so often remind me of high school valedictory speeches, full of the piety and half-baked optimism that is often mistaken for maturity.

She is a wide-eyed kid with a bully pulpit that was handed to her by her rich and famous parents. I see no reason whatsoever to pay attention to anything she says. On the subject of Ted Kennedy, she clearly is not informed of the facts. That’s it.

LEBA on September 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

So. Mcfathead is apparently against free speech too, well that proves it, she’s a liberal.

Spiritk9 on September 1, 2009 at 12:57 AM

What does the Pope say about Kennedy’s death?

Vince on September 1, 2009 at 1:07 AM

I’m over Meggie McCain, I want more Dick Cheney.

Emily M. on September 1, 2009 at 1:08 AM

What does the Pope say about Kennedy’s death?

Vince on September 1, 2009 at 1:07 AM

The Pope had no comment.

tessa on September 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM

BJ* on August 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

He will keep posting for one of two reasons:

1) He really does have the hots for little Meg.

2) He likes to watch the comments after he posts something she said, it gives him the jollies.

So, if you want him to stop, stop commenting when he posts her inanities.

PS – This is my first comment on Miss Tuffett since June, so don’t blame me.

Joe Pyne on September 1, 2009 at 1:21 AM

One of these two has been well past her five minutes of fame. Why doesn’t Hot Air use the hook and quit strumming her guitar for her.

And I obviously don’t mean on Brightbart.

DaMav on September 1, 2009 at 1:21 AM

AP if you want to post articles from a liberal at least pick one that has half a brain like Paglia. Isn’t it about time you started stalking crushing on another liberal anyway? Whatever happened to that nice Kirsten Powers girl?

DFCtomm on September 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Ms. McCain just does not get it.. why am I not surprised..

Mehgan… The point is that Ted Kennedy was responsible for the death of Mary Joe Kopechne..and he paid no price for that… Chapaquidick showed Teddy’s true character, or rather the lack of character… No amount of lionizing him by the left will wash that away.. No amount of legislative work will wash that away…

Let’s hope Teddy’s life does not inspire young Americans to be so calous regarding the life of others..

As for your comment about your percieved “liberalism”.. if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck… then it’s a duck.

The disgusting politicizing of Teddy’s death has been the sickening portrayal by the left as to what Teddy’s life was. The total lack ofrespect for Mary Joe.

As some one else said “i’d rather go hunting with ADick Cheney, than Ride with Ted Kennedy at the wheel”.

dugbru on September 1, 2009 at 1:30 AM

God’s crying?

Mojave Mark on August 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Based on Teddy’s deeds, I’d say it was not good for Ted. He may have gotten away with murder and assaults on waitresses in DC on this earth, however, he does not escape God’s wrath.

dthorny on September 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Lordy gal, you are a stupid ass.

csdeven on September 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

You wittingly called her also a donkey.

Schadenfreude on September 1, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Jaibones on September 1, 2009

Allahpundit sockpuppets? Allah and three gay guys from Denton? Man, that cracks me up! Funny stuff.

Gang-of-One on September 1, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Ya know…..

I really didn’t need to see a Meghan McCain post with the heading “all wet.”

……………

…….Just sayin’.

Hawkins1701 on September 1, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Meghan McCain: Proving yet again that you can’t fix stupid naive young girls.

Kennedy: Proving that with the right family name and wealth you really can get away with killing someone.

scrubbiedude on September 1, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Well, it would help my “respect” for him if he had not caused the death of that poor woman years back, but I’ll let you put him on your pedestal, Meg. Keep completely missing the point, it may still seem cute for another week or so.

BakerAllie on September 1, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Fat, stupid and a McCain.
That’s three strikes in any league.

TexasJew on September 1, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I don’t have a problem with what Allahpundit posts. He doesn’t preach to the choir and I think that’s good. On the subject of his persistent posts about Meghan McCain. Don’t lose your situational awareness Allahpundit lest you end up hearing this song playing in your head over and over.

BDU-33 on September 1, 2009 at 2:00 AM

God she is an idiot.

WisCon on September 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM

LEAVE TED KENNEDY ALOOOOOONE!!!!!!!

hisfrogness on September 1, 2009 at 12:25 AM

LET HIM RIP (Rot in Peace)!!!!!!!

LET HIM FERMENT IN PEACE!!!!!!!

MB4 on September 1, 2009 at 2:04 AM

That does it. I’ve just lost all respect for Meghan McCain.

JimRich on September 1, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Painful yet unsurprising.

Mommypundit on September 1, 2009 at 2:05 AM

God she is an idiot.

WisCon on September 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM

She is learning less and less about more and more and ultimately she will know nothing about everything.

MB4 on September 1, 2009 at 2:05 AM

LEBA on September 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

I really like that comparison. Spot on accurate.

stldave on September 1, 2009 at 2:10 AM

It’s not politics. It’s not a policy disagreement. It’s cutting a running when a woman’s life depended on your decency and courage. Instead you displayed cowardice and made a decision so callous that it could hardly be described as other than criminally negligent homicide. If you had been anyone else other than a Kennedy, you would have done years of hard time and emerged from prison disgraced and broken.

The very fact that you are even considered for burial in Arlington is a disgrace and an insult to true heroes, again, not because of your politics but for the repeated acts of indecency and drunken debauchery you have committed not only during Chappaquidick but before and after as well.Not only that but you have no legacy of heroic endeavor of any kind to offset your misdeeds.

We are not comparing political apples and oranges but, rather,dealing with totally rotten fruit. Period.

MaiDee on September 1, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Man you can sure sling the sh*t! Kennedy was a monster and if you would stop and consider what this man did to our political system you wouldn’t be so respectful of him. From his days at Harvard he was a no good lying cheating bastard that had to have his Dad buy him back into the school. He acquired several DUI and speeding tickets during his fromative years. His political tactics were the worst that could be employed and never had any part of being fair. He abused the little people in his life and had disdain for anyone who opposed him. He bagan the new era of “Borking” ALL judges that opposed abortion. He was a back stabber and he conspired with our country’s greatest enemy to defeat our President. His last act was to try and change the laws of Mass. to suit his personal wishes on the filling of an empty senate seat after changing it when a Republican was the Govenor and John F**king Kerry was thought to be a shoe in. He was a champion of minimum wages and we all know where that led. His whole life was do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do. What should I respect this man for?

inspectorudy on September 1, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I really didn’t need to see a Meghan McCain post with the heading “all wet.”

Hawkins1701 on September 1, 2009 at 1:50 AM

9 times out of 10 it refers to some kind of buffet incident.

Ronnie on September 1, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Why is it only here that I ever hear about this stupid twit?

Connie on September 1, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Meghan McCain is quickly becoming the Republican Paris Hilton. The only two differences I’m starting to see are about 40 lbs and a sex tape

Chrisin206 on September 1, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Why is it only here that I ever hear about this stupid twit?

Connie on September 1, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Because this is purgatory.

MB4 on September 1, 2009 at 2:22 AM

But… but… Kennedy was part of the Inheritable Dynastys that run the whole Washington Oligarchy….

Just as Meagen is…

Thus she MUST defend his legacy, to defend the New Aristocracy… otherwise she would not get invited to do a dang thing… because of she was not John McCain’s daughter, she would have no life.

Romeo13 on September 1, 2009 at 2:31 AM

“Whatever happened to that nice Kirsten Powers girl?”

does KP tweet?
:-)
:-)

Buckaroo on September 1, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Because this is purgatory.

MB4 on September 1, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Purgatory or AP’s own private hell?

Connie on September 1, 2009 at 2:43 AM

MeggieMac,you magnificently uneducated twit,No one who has served in the same office for five decades deserves any respect,from anyone.

DDT on September 1, 2009 at 2:45 AM

Again I spit on his grave

CWforFreedom on August 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

..when you get done will you e-mail me the GPD coordinates so I can drop a steaming load near the headstone?

..thanks, awfully!

VoyskaPVO on September 1, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Why is it only here that I ever hear about this stupid twit?

Connie on September 1, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Because she and Michelle are feuding. It’s a cat thing. If it wasn’t for this site, nobody would even know who Meg is.

crosspatch on September 1, 2009 at 3:03 AM

MB4 on September 1, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Oy. If people don’t realize how dangerous a world currency is, then there is just no hope for this world. Just bring on that meteor.

progressoverpeace on September 1, 2009 at 3:11 AM

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .”~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . “~,_. . . ..”~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .”-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .”;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..”~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./…..\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

MB4 on September 1, 2009 at 3:12 AM

MB4 on September 1, 2009 at 3:12 AM

LOL. Exactly. I feel bad that Doctor Zero got chained to her in this QoTD. How can one seriously talk about individualism when MegaMac is more than an individual all by her lonesome?

progressoverpeace on September 1, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Why does anyone listen to Meghan McCain? It’s not that she’s young, or female, or fancies herself as some sort of innovative third way Republican, all of which can provide legitimate perspective when supported by substance. It’s that her schtick is just so boringly predictable. “I’m chastising my fellow Republicans for their typical partisan overreach. Bear witness to my bipartisan credentials! Stupid Republicans, mistaking bipartisanship for secret liberalism. Bad partisan Republicans, why oh why can’t you be smart and good like me? I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.” Her post on Ted Kennedy’s death was written before he even got cancer. Learn a new song already!

csmats on September 1, 2009 at 3:43 AM

If she has so many twitter followers why does she constantly need to re-tell everything that she tweets to a damn blog.

Gosh I was so cool when I said “blah blah blah” don’t you think? I’d better go tweet about what I just blogged about how cool my tweets are…. sigh.

Scrappy on September 1, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Every time she opens her piehole the stupid factor sets a new high bar.

Mehgan McCain…Twinkie Murderer.