Quotes of the day

posted at 10:55 pm on August 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Alas, this era of collegiality and respect, the era of Tip O’Neill and Ronald Reagan, is over. The recent reaction in the blogosphere to Ted Kennedy’s death proves that. After reading some of the discourse online, I was both surprised and disgusted at what was being written. I was shocked that even in death, people were having partisan quarrels about his legacy which led me to writing a Tweet saying, ‘I just don’t know what kind of life of anger you lead if you can’t put politics aside for a moment to respect a man’s passing…’ Immediately, this post was used yet again by some as an example of my ‘secret liberalism.’ Because what—apparently I can only respect a politician who had served nearly five decades in the Senate if he was a Republican? I don’t know how or why we got to this place in politics. Why death is used as yet another excuse for mudslinging and party rhetoric. It is depressing to think that we have come to an age where you can only mourn a man’s service to his country if he abides by every single political tenet you believe in…

If nothing else, I hope that the death of Ted Kennedy inspires high school students in civics classes and political science majors in colleges all across the country. If they listened this weekend to all Senator Kennedy was able to accomplish in his remarkable life, they too will realize why public service—in any capacity and for either political party—is and should continue to be a worthy calling.”

***
“The attempt to dismiss Kopechne’s death as a down payment on Kennedy’s mountain of legislation is not merely an act of political convenience, a smokescreen blown by Democrats eager to paint Kennedy into the ‘Last Supper’ of liberal apostles, with oils of their choosing. The Left is speaking from the dark heart of collectivism, a belief system that will collapse if it acknowledges any area in which the rights of an individual absolutely trump the needs of the State. The modern super-state depended heavily on Ted Kennedy for its existence, as dozens of news anchors have been eager to explain over the last few days. The idea that the epic narrative of the State should be compromised in the name of justice for a random citizen is ludicrous to the Left.”

***
Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Inspires them to what? Cheat?

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 10:56 PM

And there you have it folks…Meghan McCain’s last straw that broke the beta male’s back.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2009 at 10:56 PM

“The Book of Life, Ted Kenendy Edition”
-ABORTION
-VEHICULAR MANSLAUGHTER
-PLAGIARISM
-”RICH MAN’S WAR, POOR MAN’S FIGHT”

*lion*

battleoflepanto1571 on August 31, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Teddy Love….I’m going to puke.

But this will make it better….
2009 Best video tribute to the American Soldier. Released today. Crank it.

deedtrader on August 31, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Allah, if I see one more MegaMac post, I will be forced to cancel my Hot Air subscription!

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Geeeeez, Alah. Ms. McCain is so unworthy of quote of the day material, no matter what the topic. Please refrain. Getting old.

DrStock on August 31, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Heavens, will she never go away?

sisterchristian on August 31, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I don’t know how or why MegaMac got to this place in politics.

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

If something should happen to McCain, will Orrin Hatch want this little hussy to replace daddy’s Senate seat?????

mobydutch on August 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I don’t mind Teddy’s passing. I just don’t like that it took so long.

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I want another Dick QOTD.

Knucklehead on August 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Ted Kennedy committed TREASON, Byron Preston documented right here at HotAir back in 2006. Ted deserves no honor or respect.

doriangrey on August 31, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Another Mac post…Oh my!

Well, she’ll never love you Allah, but you know you’ll be back. Until then, keep following, my friend, keep following.

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I’ve never seen someone’s fifteen minutes last so infuriatingly long.

KellyBomelly on August 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Doctor Zero makes QoTD!!

Sorry that Allah had to pair you with MegaMac. That was low. Better luck next time :)

progressoverpeace on August 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM

ohh come on. Give me something to make snarky comments to. This QOTD is not going to exploit the talent of those of us who really make this the best blog around…

ted c on August 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Pitiful. Plum pitiful. This is scaping underneath the bottom of the barrel.

Percy_Peabody on August 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Alas, I have unfollowed Meggie. Even I can’t excuse that much naivete

Next up: Allah starts wondering…is bacon really so great?

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

So Meghan has more respect for a raving liberal lunatic than she does for elected Republicans. Why am I not surprised?

jediwebdude on August 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

My, that is brilliant. I am going to put it on a t-shirt.

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

After listening to all the Leftist eulogies, I now think that the Left loved Kennedy because he was a degenerate; not in spite of the fact that he was a degenerate.

Realist on August 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

“After reading some of the discourse online, I was both surprised and disgusted at what was being written.”

That’s because like so many other Liberals…

… it was the first time you heard the truth about Teddy.

Seven Percent Solution on August 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I don’t know how or why MegaMac got to this place in politics.

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Famous dad, sort of like Teddy.

ddrintn on August 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

mobydutch on August 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Meghan McCain’s first Senate tweet:

“Like, I don’t know what to wear to my first committee hearing. Senatoring is hard!”

Mark1971 on August 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Like the earnest fellow over in the Hoover thread, judgment is a bad thing. Everything is relative, there is no good, no evil. Just mean people who won’t get along.

Skandia Recluse on August 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

She just doesn’t get it. Politics or personal, this guy was not worthy of respect when he was alive. He sure ain’t gonna get it now because he died.

XWing5 on August 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Again I spit on his grave

CWforFreedom on August 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Just be glad you weren’t alive in 1969, Megs. Might have been you dead in that car.

spmat on August 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

All wet,

without even looking,I hope this isn’t about
Brooks having a ahem,dream!!

canopfor on August 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Uh..no…according to his twitter page, he’s still following her.

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Worth repeating in this era of free-fire zone Beck/Palin politicking.

Grow Fins on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

^ Or maybe you mean her, um, convictions? That would be “undergraduate sensibilities”.

ddrintn on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

MegaMac,
What did Ted pass?

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Grow Fins on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

You parroting an idiot. How appropriate.

CWforFreedom on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I for one do indeed mourn that man’s service to my country.
God she’s a great writer.

Stephen M on August 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Uh, Ms. McCain, with all due respect…YOU DO REALIZE THE MAN WAS A MURDERER, RIGHT?

*cough cough* Scuse me, didn’t mean to yell.

Orange Doorhinge on August 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Worth repeating in this era of free-fire zone Beck/Palin politicking.

Grow Fins on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Oh really? Did you ever read the remarks from moonbats about Tony Snow’s passing?

ddrintn on August 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Worth repeating in this era of free-fire zone Beck/Palin politicking.

Grow Fins on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Who did they kill?

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Meg: I remember meeting the senator around age 14, going into his office with my father and thinking what a larger-than-life figure he was

Good thing you weren’t working at a restaurant two years later and thrown onto a table during a rape attempt, Megs.

I’m sure she’d think differently if she were old enough to remember the woman he killed. If she’d been a Washington socialite a few decades back, maybe the death of a woman her age would have mattered.

Now I guess it’s just water corpses under the bridge.

CPL 310 on August 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

If it weren’t for Twitter, no one would know or care what Meg had to say about Kennedy; why is she so often up for QOTD?

Bishop on August 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Enough with the Meghan posts, I want to cancel my HotAir subcription and get a refund.

Lordy, she makes Sarah Palin sound like Margaret Thatcher.

That 19th Amendment will ruin us, ruin us, I say.

SteveMG on August 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM

ddrintn on August 31, 2009 at 11:05

And Bob Novak.

Orange Doorhinge on August 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Much as I love ya, AP, how the hell does her stupid whitewash of Kennedy deserve an unfollow, but her slamming MM (with the f word to emphasize the worthlessness of MM) didn’t?

Spirit of 1776 on August 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Can someone tell me what Ted accomplished in the Senate other than an unfunded Federal mandate that makes schools teach to a test?

SouthernGent on August 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Worth repeating in this era of free-fire zone Beck/Palin politicking.

Grow Fins on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Who did they kill?

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Auinsc…. +1…wanna bet it it lost on fins(Fins btw you are a fvcktard)

CWforFreedom on August 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Worth repeating in this era of free-fire zone Beck/Palin politicking.

Grow Fins on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

He killed a woman through drunken driving and cowardice, and he attempted to enlist the aid of our bitter enemy to overthrow the president.

Grow a pair.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM

What is SECRET about Meggie’s liberalism?

Sapwolf on August 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Aactually, Ted Kennedy has served my family well. I have taught my sons that he exactly the kind of “man” that they should never become. Not even remotely.

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Worth repeating in this era of free-fire zone Beck/Palin politicking.
Grow Fins on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

This era also included the death of Ronald Reagan and as I recall, the left wasn’t exactly holding their fire after his passing. So settle down.

Bishop on August 31, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Can somebody tell this doofus that her father’s campaign is over and that he lost?

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I hope NOW her 15 minutes are up on Hot Air or….

seesalrun on August 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Earth to Meghan – Kennedy did a lot more than serve in the Senate – a lot of things not to be respected for.

Like leave a woman to die in his car and not call for help. Call me silly but I don’t have any respect for someone who does that.

gophergirl on August 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Realist on August 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Pretty much. They love degenerates, and invariably support what’s failed, evil and wrong.

CPL 310 on August 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Hey, I’m happy the murdering woman-abuser is dead.

happy does not equal angry

right?

funky chicken on August 31, 2009 at 11:11 PM

This is just too easy.

For Upstater85;)

Lanceman on August 31, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Forget the Chappaquidick FoxNews drinking game. A better on is a chug-a-lug every time there’s an “I” or “me” in a MeghanMac piece. You won’t be upright past the first paragraph, though.

Marcus on August 31, 2009 at 11:12 PM

“The idea that the epic narrative of the State should be compromised in the name of justice for a random citizen is ludicrous to the Left.”

Frankly, it’s amazing that the left still deigns to acknowledge, oh so grudgingly, the idea that individuals even exist. That won’t last much longer as the current pace of the left’s descent into total lunacy accelerates. The Kennedy death pushed them onto totally new levels of lunacy that no one would have believed a year or two ago, as bad as the left was then.

progressoverpeace on August 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

This almost calls for a Hitler post.

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Allah,

unless you’re getting personal services from the porker, I can see no legitimate reason for you to keep quoting MegMac in any context other than making fun of her vapid idiocy.

BCrago66 on August 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I don’t know how I can defile myself to even post on a MM QOTD…

ted c on August 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Marcus on August 31, 2009 at 11:12 PM

How about a bite of sausage, instead?

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Meghan McCain is not a thinker in the same way a George Will is so cut her some slack, or do what I do, ignore her.

david kumbera on August 31, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Just to set the scene,NO REPUBLICAN would of pulled off
Teddys life,that being said,but could you imagine how
much coverage,over the top analysis,and how vicious
the Left would treat this!

Actually scratch that,think Tony Snow!!

And,ddrintn on August 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM,you just
reminded me of Tony Snow:)

canopfor on August 31, 2009 at 11:14 PM

CWforFreedom on August 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Thanks…just pointing out the obvious to the oblivious.

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Is he going to start posting qotd’s from other peripheral celebrities like paris hilton or kardashian’s or brooke hogan?

WTFO

ted c on August 31, 2009 at 11:14 PM

But don’t you know…if only more republicans were more like her, the libs still wouldn’t vote republican.

ramrants on August 31, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Perhaps if there had not been so much fantasy based fawning adulation of his Royal Highness Ted of the Royal House of the Kennedy’s then there would not have been so much reality based blow back.

MB4 on August 31, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I think Mega likes to fantasize about herself in the water breathing in that last wet breath as a martyr for the Lion. It’s a gay goth biker thing, or something.

Buddahpundit on August 31, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Let I should paraphrase Megan’s article. . .”Mean people suck.”

- The Cat

MirCat on August 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM

If John McCain acts at home like he acts in a campaign, not able to bring himself to allow anyone to say Obama’s middle name, how can it even come as a little surprise that Meghan McCain doesn’t know about Mary Jo Kopeckne or Ted’s ambitious letters to Yuri Andropov?

applebutter on August 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I am an eternal glass is half full optimist and I believe politics doesn’t always have to be us vs. them, we are one country, in this 2gethr

Latest MeggieMac tweet…I think we can agree that she has sent Shakespeare packing with this one.

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

All of us are familiar, of course, with the myriad of eloquents posts from Grow Fins defending Sarah Palin and her family from the vicious assaults and attacks from her critics?

Yeah, I missed them too.

To be sure, Ms. Fins has a point about how the tribalism of modern politics lead us to take nasty actions and express ugly views.

Some – too many – of the statements directed at the late Senator were, for my tastes, too ugly.

But Grow Fins, pumpkin, you’re not the person who has any credibility in making this observation.

SteveMG on August 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

The Liberal Lion Rotund Royalist

There’s one more individual, sort of the liberal lion of the U.S. Senate, and that would be Ted Kennedy. If there’s one issue that Ted Kennedy likes more than any other, it’s taxes. In his mind, he’s the Robin Hood of the U.S. Senate. He’s going to steal from the rich and give to the poor. He talks about tax cuts or bonanzas for the rich and giveaways. He supports the inheritance tax in the name of social justice and says repealing it would benefit millionaires. He believes it’s that simple.

That’s what Ted Kennedy says about taxes. But what is the Kennedy record of actually paying taxes? Ted Kennedy of course is a millionaire. You’d think the inheritance tax would affect him. How has that worked out? The reality is that the Kennedys have set up dozens of trusts around the world to avoid paying the very tax that he says is important to pay in the name of social justice: the inheritance tax. What’s particularly ironic about this is, for a long time, their largest asset was Merchandise Mart, the real estate conglomerate. When they decided to set up a trust, where do they domicile that trust? Anybody want to guess? Was it Massachusetts, their home state? Florida? California? Delaware?

The Kennedys domiciled Merchandize Mart, with more than $600 million, on the Pacific Island nation of Fiji. Has Ted Kennedy ever been to Fiji? I don’t think there’s any record that he has. But they picked Fiji because it avoids IRS scrutiny, the sort that you would get if you domiciled the trust in the United States.

The reality today is that Ted Kennedy receives money from trusts established numerous times, from 1926, 1936, 1978, 1987, and 1997, and those trusts of course are designed to avoid paying the inheritance tax.

What does this actually mean in practical terms? Let me give you the bottom line. Ted Kennedy supports an inheritance tax of 49%. Forty-nine percent of what you have goes to the IRS after you die. Now, what rate did the Kennedys pay? The Kennedys have transferred $300 million, this is all according to their records, they have transferred $300 million from one generation to the other, and out of that, they have paid $132,000 in taxes, which is nowhere near 49%? Actually it’s .004 percent. The Kennedys, like a lot of other people on the left, love the idea of paying taxes for other people. When it comes to themselves, they’re not so interested.

“Kennedy earned C grades at the private Milton Academy, but was admitted to Harvard as a “legacy” — his father and older brothers had attended there, so the younger and dimmer Kennedy’s admission was virtually assured. While attending, he was expelled twice, once for cheating on a test, and once for paying a classmate to cheat for him. While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for four years instead of two. His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, former U.S. Ambassador to England, pulled the necessary strings to have his enlistment shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea, where a war was raging. Kennedy was assigned to Paris [I wonder who went in his place and what happened to him. Also, does anyone know if there were any unsolved drownings in Paris during the time of the Korean war?], never advanced beyond the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged.“

The tax evasion goes on,

the hypocrisy endures,

the unmitigated gall still lives,

and the supply of mindless fawning sheeple shall never die.

MB4 on August 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

n’ stuff.

rihar on August 31, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Sorry Meg, you’re watering down Teddy’s legacy.

Ted Torgerson on August 31, 2009 at 11:22 PM

I remember meeting the senator around age 14, going into his office with my father and thinking what a larger-than-life figure he was.

Meg honey. Your own Father is 1,000 times the man Ted was. Your Father was a larger-than-life figure: a POW/War Hero who had the grit to stay in the Hanoi Hilton when he could have caved and come home. He did not desert his fellow prisoners, even knowing he would be subjected to torture.

Ted “Cut and Ran” to save his political skin; a cowardly act of the highest rank.

Black and White never had so great a contrast.

Geochelone on August 31, 2009 at 11:23 PM

No. I think people just have a hard time respecting a man who abused women, nearly caught a rape charge (but paid them off), drove a woman into a river, but didn’t bother calling the police until the next day (and then paid people off) and a man that is willing to change the laws twice to suit his own purposes and hold onto power.

xax on August 31, 2009 at 11:25 PM

DrStock on August 31, 2009 at 10:58 PM

If you omitted the troll comments, you could take a dart, throw it and see which random comment it targeted. That random comment would probably be a better QOD.

INC on August 31, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Fat girl is fat & stupid.

Why is this a shock?

tetriskid on August 31, 2009 at 11:26 PM

She wants to invoke collegiality and respect for the man who borked Bork? Conveniently ignoring the facts that don’t fit the narrative – she’ll fit in fine on The View. And no, Meggie, I’m not talking about the chef from The Muppet Show. Go ask daddy about Bork.

Dead Hand Control on August 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Negligent homicide is not a political tenet.

Jim Treacher on August 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Meghan, please stop talking about yourself. The thing is, most of us relate more to MJK or her family than we relate to any Kennedy. We’re tired of being told to “shut up and respect our politician” because they work so hard. Give me a break. If he had been anything but a Kennedy he would have been in jail.

growfins: Palin put out a nice statement on his death.

thevastlane on August 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Optimism is at it’s finest naive and at it’s worse willful ignorance.

- The Cat

P.S. Is the glass half full or half empty? Umm the two things are not mutually exclusive. Actually a glass can not be half full without also being half empty and vice versa. In other words, Megan McCain can’t see the forest for the fire and where there’s smoke there’s hippies.

MirCat on August 31, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Worth repeating in this era of free-fire zone Beck/Palin politicking.

Grow Fins on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I don’t remember Beck or Palin saying Tony Snow deserved to die of cancer.

Jim Treacher on August 31, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Yeah, Ted was pretty fat.

ddrintn on August 31, 2009 at 11:30 PM

““Alas, this era of collegiality and respect, the era of Tip O’Neill and Ronald Reagan, is over. ”

Spoken like someone who wasn’t around in the era of Tip O’Neill and Ronald Reagan.

crosspatch on August 31, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I don’t remember Beck or Palin saying Tony Snow deserved to die of cancer.

And I don’t remember Grow Fins being outraged over those that did.

See, Grow Fins, lots of people can level the hypocrisy charge? It doesn’t belong just to you.

SteveMG on August 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

My, that is brilliant. I am going to put it on a t-shirt.

bloggless on August 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I know, it just rolls off the tongue doesn’t it? “…what kind of life of anger you lead”…such command of the English language!

Sharke on August 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM

The tax evasion goes on,

the hypocrisy endures,

the unmitigated gall still lives,

and the supply of mindless fawning sheeple shall never die.

MB4 on August 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

MB4: You posted Kennedys taxation to me a couple days ago,
I’ll,reiterate,

must be nice for a Dirty Rotten Stinkin Filthy Rich
Liberal to only pay,$132,000 in taxes!!:)

canopfor on August 31, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Yeah, Ted was pretty fat.

ddrintn on August 31, 2009 at 11:30 PM

It’s almost a shame he died when he did – I was looking forward to seeing how those jowls played out.

Sharke on August 31, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Worth repeating in this era of free-fire zone Beck/Palin politicking.

Grow Fins on August 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Grow a brain………

Repeating talking points with ninth-grade vocabulary must make your Mom & Dad proud

Janos Hunyadi on August 31, 2009 at 11:34 PM

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

That’s just it with her – she obviously is naive enough to believe that everyone in politics has the best intentions. They don’t, but even if they did many of these items up for public debate have very real consequences for the majority of Americans. If there isn’t much at stake, why bother getting involved at all?

We aren’t in this together. There are people in elected office that have vastly different visions of who we are and where we should go. She doesn’t seem to fully grasp that. Naive.

stldave on August 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Slinging a mighty wide brush from that pedestal MegMac. I don’t know of any righty sites wishing someone would die. Liberal sites however. Oh and the Leader of the Senate wishing further unemployment on his own constituents. Yea, that’s reasonable.

I’m just waiting for a QOD where she criticizes liberals.

AP, you’re not hitting that, so drop it puhleeeese….

Hog Wild on August 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

With each of her utterances, MeggieMac digs her lack of intelligence hole just a little deeper. While she has a Right to her opinion; I also have a Right to mine…and at my house MY opinion trumps hers every time.

Based on what I’m certain of today, and what I strongly suspect will be much more negative to come, I shed nary a tear at the passing of Edward Moore Kennedy. He’s not the first in that category, nor will he be the last.

I have, however, shed very manly tears for the loss of Mary Jo Kopechne.

GoldenEagle4444 on August 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Yeah, Ted was pretty fat.

ddrintn on August 31, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Now Meg is larger-than-most-life-forms-on-the-planet

Geochelone on August 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

The beta male strikes again… AP, why do you give this twit any linkage? She has nothing worth while to say. I figured you’d be so mad she stopped following you, you’d ignore her now. But I guess you have to get back into her good graces or something. I think it’s time you move on to a real conservative columnist/writer like SE Cupp….

davek70 on August 31, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Perhaps coming from a political family of wealth and power, Meghan was born into a family with a skewed sense of morality. So, she’s unable to comprehend why people are upset over Teddy’s treatment of women.

Meghan’s own father was a womanizer and dumped his first wife. If John McCain calls Cindy the C word in public, can you imagine how he is in private? Maybe Meghan sees a little of Teddy in her father and thinks it’s normal behavior of that generation of men.

Christina_M on August 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Is it worse to talk of the truth after someones death? Or to create fake praise for someone just because they are dead?

If I didn’t like you in life I’m not going to start to pretend to like you in death. Death doesn’t free you for your sins, it judges you for them, and this man won’t be judged in good terms in death.

Rbastid on August 31, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Meghan, like Daddy, struggling for relevancy.

enoughalready on August 31, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Sharke on August 31, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Uh, those were his earlobes. His jowls were what you probably thought were his, uh, nevermind.

Patrick S on August 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM