Kennedy to Pope in final letter: I’m all about universal health care

posted at 5:28 pm on August 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

The letter was ostensibly private but a pol as savvy as Teddy surely knew it would be published after his death so he put his opportunity to good use. Nothing wrong with a man making a deathbed declaration in support of a cause he’s passionate about, but enlisting the Pope as an unwitting prop is something only a Kennedy could get away with. Like Harry Reid so poignantly and inimitably said of Teddy’s passing, “I think it’s going to help us.”

I also want you to know that even though I am ill, I’m committed to doing everything I can to achieve access to health care for everyone in my country. This has been the political cause of my life. I believe in a conscience protection for Catholics in the health field and I’ll continue to advocate for it as my colleagues in the Senate and I work to develop an overall national health policy that guarantees health care for everyone.

I have always tried to be a faithful Catholic, Your Holiness, and though I have fallen short through human failings, I have never failed to believe and respect the fundamental teachings of my faith. I continue to pray for God’s blessings on you and on our church and would be most thankful for your prayers for me.

National policy wouldn’t be utmost in my mind if I had a chance to commune with the leader of my faith shortly before my death, but as a wayward nonbeliever, I’m happy to assume that’s my error. “Human failings” aside, though, how did Teddy square his pro-choice record with his claim to believe and respect “the fundamental teachings of my faith”? Is life no longer fundamental? Says Douthat, pondering the great What If of how the abortion wars would have played out had “the Lion” paid a little more attention to the Church:

At times, Ted Kennedy’s fervor on abortion felt like an extended apology to his party’s feminists for the way the men of his dynasty behaved in private…

It’s worth pondering how the politics of abortion might have been different had Ted shared even some of his sister’s qualms about the practice. One could imagine a world in which America’s leading liberal Catholic had found a way to make liberalism less absolutist on the issue, and a world where a man who became famous for reaching across the aisle had reached across, even occasionally, in search of compromise on the country’s most divisive issue.

That was not to be. And it’s entirely fitting, given his record, that Kennedy’s immediate legacy is a draft of health-care legislation that pursues an eminently Catholic goal — expanding access to medical care — through a system that seems likely, in its present design, to subsidize abortion.

I wouldn’t call it an “extended apology” as much as an attempt to purchase the silence of liberals over his private conduct, with damages for personal injuries to be paid in political capital instead of dollars. So effectively was that silence maintained, in fact, that at least one editor at a major feminist blog hadn’t heard of Chappaquiddick or the William Kennedy Smith rape case until this week.

Ah well. With any luck, Joe Kennedy will toss his hat in the ring and we’ll be guaranteed another four or five decades of Kennedy fun. If you’re keeping score at home, incidentally, the family has controlled Teddy’s Senate seat since Eisenhower’s first term. Fifty-six years. How many more to come?

Update: Time notes that the Vatican’s response to Kennedy’s letter was strikingly pro forma, quite in contrast to how they responded to Eunice Kennedy’s failing health:

Diplomatic protocol doesn’t require the Pope to respond to the death of a U.S. Senator, either privately or publicly. Still, prominent and well-regarded Catholics often get particular attention. Earlier in August, the day before she died, the family of Kennedy’s sister Eunice — who had advocated on behalf of the poor, the mentally handicapped and the unborn — received a letter directly from the nuncio saying the Pope was praying for her, her children and her husband. “These decisions [about how to react to deaths of public figures] ultimately depend on the Holy Father,” says the Vatican diplomat. “There’s no fixed rule.”

Comments

Shut up Ted. Oh wait….

Meanwhile, here’s another sad tale of horror from the British NHS – the Hospital ordeal of war veteran John Elliott, 91.

Sharke on August 31, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Pope to Kennedy:

And I’m all about ending abortion. You have a point?

battleoflepanto1571 on August 31, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Kennedy may have had the ear of the Pope but I don’t think the Pope was buying.

fourdeucer on August 31, 2009 at 5:34 PM

And Teddy was all about treason when Reagan was President, when he sent secret letters to the USSR.

Neo on August 31, 2009 at 5:36 PM

A letter to Pope does not buy one absolution. When I heard this letter read with the light becoming more and more dim at Arlington Cemetery, I said a little prayer for the Kennedy light to never shine again.

d1carter on August 31, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Blah … Blah … Blah

Good Night Ted!

BigMike252 on August 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Has anyone considered what must have gone through Kennedy’s mind in the last days of his life?

If, as it has been repeatedly said, he was a truly religious person he must have been dreading his impending conversation with St. Peter.

Abortion, Sara Jane, and several of the 10 Commandment all came down on the negative side of the ledger. The few things that would show up on the positive side were mainly secular and of little interest to the Holy Host.

What’s purgatory like Sen. Kennedy?

E9RET on August 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Just how stupid are the people of Massachusetts? Really, I wanna know why those morons revere these elitist pigs?

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I wonder what Teddy’s soul is doing today…….?

Seven Percent Solution on August 31, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Then the Pope says “Letter? What letter?”

Was there any apology to the Kopechne family tucked in there?

JammieWearingFool on August 31, 2009 at 5:38 PM

WC Fields abed in the hospital thumbing through the Bible. “Mr. Fields what are you doing, you’re not a religious man?” “Looking for loopholes my dear, looking for loopholes”.

JohnBissell on August 31, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Ted Kennedy could have been like Bob Casey but it might have diminished his liberal influence and power.
Even at the end was about himself – good to see the Vatican send him on his journey with a form letter and a kick in the ass.

jjshaka on August 31, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Ghost, Ghost! I meant to say Ghost and yes I know the difference….sigh

E9RET on August 31, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM

As a current resident, I keep wondering the same thing. I was very surprised to be told by my husband that he’s never garnered even 50% of the vote in any of his elections. I don’t know who’s gonna’ run but popular sentiment is, funny enough, we need a change.

gopmom on August 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Was there any apology to the Kopechne family tucked in there?

JammieWearingFool on August 31, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Winner

faraway on August 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM

do tell. Funny, I must’ve missed the part where the Bible says it’s okay to leave young women to die in a submerged Oldsmobile. Not to mention that whole waitress sandwich…thing.

TheQuestion on August 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Kennedy is dead and buried. Lets move on.
He’s the past.
We can’t go back to the glory days of Kennedy.
People who want to look back and try to relive the Kennedy days need to get over it.
Kennedy’s ideology will not work today. That was then, this is now.
Stop looking back.

JellyToast on August 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM

That’s easy.

Like Pelosi, Ted believed that he knew more about Catholicism than does the Pope.

MarkTheGreat on August 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM

I have always tried to be a faithful Catholic

Lying to the Pope is not a good way to start your afterlife.

Dear Leader has stated He wants single payer. Teddy has now stated he wants single payer. Yet we’re the wackos because we see the healthcare bills as the start of single payer.

rbj on August 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM

But you should be aware that it would be access to healthcare that is nowhere near as good as the healthcare I’ve got. Really, though, it’s the access that counts, right?

myrenovations on August 31, 2009 at 5:42 PM

What’s purgatory like Sen. Kennedy?

E9RET on August 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Wishful thinking…with ego’s like his, he was probably at complete rest and comfort.
He had made a habit of laughing and hearing jokes about the death of Mary Jo, and he was convinced that abortion was “right”.
No, unfortunatly you can bet his last hours of awareness, he was reveling in his magnificence…Grace were for others, not the Kennedy’s.

right2bright on August 31, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Exactly.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2009 at 5:43 PM

TheQuestion on August 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM

It’s all about intent not practice for liberals.

chemman on August 31, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Truly, how do we know that Teddy wrote the letter? Really? I’m seriously asking this question. To think that the left would not do something like this is laughable.

PappaMac on August 31, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Kennedy is finally where he can really help the American people most. I regret he couldn’t fall out of his boat and experience drowning for himself.

CC

CapedConservative on August 31, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I believe in a conscience protection for Catholics in the health field and I’ll continue to advocate for it.

This is the most startling statement in the whole letter. He knows abortion is wrong. He knows that Catholic health workers need protection. He knows Obamacare will give away abortions for free and he does not care.

tessa on August 31, 2009 at 5:45 PM

JellyToast on August 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM

There were no glory days and you can not look forward unless you have looked back. There are millions of people that still need to know what the Swimmer was all about, good and bad. Don’t like the thread, don’t read it..move on

Wade on August 31, 2009 at 5:45 PM

No apology for taking a person’s life, and no no apology for supporting a health plan that will take more (in the form of both rationing and funded abortions).

At least he’s consistent.

PoodleSkirt on August 31, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Just what the founders wanted, heriditary positions in our federal government.

WashJeff on August 31, 2009 at 5:46 PM

What I don’t understand is we have been listening to Joe, Robert and Maria all talk about how Uncle Teddy was in/out of consciousness (typical of dying patients). How did he write the letter to the Pope and to Deval Patrick?

red131 on August 31, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Eunice Shriver was a saint who spent her life advocating for the mentally disabled. She really brought the mentally disabled into the mainstream of society. The Special Olympics is probably one of the best organzations around and really paid homage to Rosemary Kennedy’s legacy. It’s funny that it is probably a Kennedy woman, Eunice Shriver, who really atoned for her father’s crimes and left America in a better place because of it…. In contrast, Ted Kennedy is a drunk who left a woman to drown to death.

Illinidiva on August 31, 2009 at 5:48 PM

had the founders not setup the system they did, we would be talking about the death of King Ted Kennedy, ruling for the last 40 plus years.

instead, we have a new version of that, with that Mass. Senate seat

jp on August 31, 2009 at 5:50 PM

red131 on August 31, 2009 at 5:47 PM
I think the letter to Deval was back dated to early July.

tessa on August 31, 2009 at 5:50 PM

The left behaves a lot like the medieval Catholic Church in this respect. They have their political indulgences on sale for anybody in power who supports their causes…you don’t have to live it…only pay up and all is forgiven.

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Wade on August 31, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Oh,, I know that. I was just being me.
I was commenting more on the hypocrisy of the left. Eulogizing Kennedy,, watch,, they will be remembering him for the next 20 years! RINO’s will want to name bills after him 10 years from now but Reagan??? Get over Reagan!
We’re supposing to get over Reagan??? RINO’s and the Dems can never seem to get over Karl Marx! Everything they want is in honor of Karl Marx! Oh,,, they may not come out and say that,, but he is their inspiration!

JellyToast on August 31, 2009 at 5:52 PM

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 5:51 PM

yep, the corrupted Catholic church was of course what lead to the Protestant Reformation and desire to get back to original Catholocism, which we still haven’t.

jp on August 31, 2009 at 5:53 PM

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 5:51 PM

That describes cap and trade. Nothing more than a political indulgence.

ICBM on August 31, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Was there any apology to the Kopechne family tucked in there?

JammieWearingFool on August 31, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Just out of curiosity…Did Kennedy ever issue any kind of apology to Mary Jo’s family?

JetBoy on August 31, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Glad to know Teddy was so concerned about Mary Jo.

SmallGovtGuy on August 31, 2009 at 5:55 PM

how fitting…a gravesite commercial for health care!

kabukiwatch on August 31, 2009 at 5:55 PM

JetBoy on August 31, 2009 at 5:54 PM

No, he just purchased an indulgence by giving them money.

ICBM on August 31, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Adios, Teddy, and may your entire clan slip off the public stage with about two more “y’know’s” Go off, enjoy Papa Joe’s money in your mediocrity and leave the rest of us alone.

Harry Schell on August 31, 2009 at 5:58 PM

What’s purgatory like Sen. Kennedy?

E9RET on August 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I think that he passed it up, on the way down.

Johan Klaus on August 31, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I hope this wasn’t his idea of reconciliation.

fourdeucer on August 31, 2009 at 5:58 PM

When the left starts paying attention to the Pope concerning pro-life matters, then we can have a dialogue.

Oink on August 31, 2009 at 5:59 PM

“I have always tried to be a faithful Catholic, Your Holiness, and though I have fallen short through human failings, I have never failed to believe and respect the fundamental teachings of my faith.”

It was in the true spirit of his faith that Saint Teddy baptized Mary Jo Kopechne. And while Jesus could turn water into wine, only Ted could turn a waitress into a sandwich.

Cicero43 on August 31, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Olympia snowe
this is off topic but it has to be posted here. She is going to cave and side with the libs on healthcare. Burn her phones at her offices. Pick a zip code or a town in Maine, call her office saying you represent a group of seniors and let her know she’s out if she votes with the libs. Better yet, take a page out of alinskys rules for radicals and say your moderate democrats against the bill. Stop her now before she caves! Call now!!

texaninfidel on August 31, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Teddy’s letter reminds me of a Simpons episode,
where Bart uses a hidden microphone,and cons
Rod and Todd to bring cookies,and pretends to
be GOD!!!

So,in the case of Teds letter,I think Ted should
of worried about an Angry Gawd,or a Vengeful Gawd!!

I think in Teddys case,it’ll be the latter!!(Snark).

canopfor on August 31, 2009 at 6:08 PM

The only way I can square Kennedy even writing to the Pope was if the letter included an eight figure check seeking an indulgence.

thegreatbeast on August 31, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I was raised Lutheran (Missouri Synod) which is pretty much a mirror to the Catholic dogma, complete with pomp, circumstance, chatecisms, confirmation class, blah.

When I was delivered from the evils of organized religion and actually read the words of Jesus (in red), I learned that these guys that adorn themselves in robes are pretty much pissin off Jesus. I learned that “Thou shalt call no man Father” in place of God Himself. I learned that you don’t build statues and pray to them. I learned that you don’t play bingo and other games of chance (or have carnivals) on church property. Jesus’ only violent act was overturning the tables in a temple and admonishing the dealers that erected them.

So, if ded Kennedy wants to plead to some dude in a fancy robe and hat, and if dude in fancy robe and hat doesn’t write back… no harm, no foul. They’re both just ‘men’.

/Please, no offense meant to any Catholics, Lutherans, etc. I can speak these things because I was raised in them and had to deal with it myself.

Best regards to all

Key West Reader on August 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

With Kennedy money I’m sure he’s could buy a few indulgences.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Cicero43 on August 31, 2009 at 5:59 PM

You are terrible. Terribly bad. So bad that you make me laugh big belly laughs. Thanks, cause I’m sure we all need belly laughs once in awhile!

Key West Reader on August 31, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Best regards to all

Key West Reader on August 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

no problem. I was raised Catholic but switched to Lutheran, more conservative than yours, but they tick me off occasionally too.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Best regards to all

Key West Reader on August 31, 2009 at 6:

Being offensive and then adding ‘no offense’ is weak. Go have another margarita, key.

DrW on August 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I’m committed to doing everything I can to achieve access to health care for everyone in my country….based on what WE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT thinks the level of healthcare access should be, never mind what the doctors or patients have to say about the matter.

pilamaye on August 31, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I noticed that right of. Nor was there an embrace of TK’s project.

So far there is no evidence the passing of Kennedy will help Dems or this wretched legislation.

KittyLowrey on August 31, 2009 at 6:21 PM

thegreatbeast on August 31, 2009 at 6:09 PM

For that kind of money he could pick up a handy six pack of indulgences.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Cicero43 on August 31, 2009 at 5:59 PM

ROFL

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Poor guy. Studied too much about his own power and didn’t understand spiritual matters. The pope should have taken the time to write to him about 2nd Peter/verses 11-12 ..around there…..and educate him on the ideas of socialism.
The silence from the Vatican is as telling as the letter to the Pope is.
Sad days.

bridgetown on August 31, 2009 at 6:28 PM

According to the founders, and what is common sense, we were born into the world endowed by our Creator with certain absolute and untouchable rights: the right to life, the right to liberty, and the right to pursue happiness.

All this cretin, Ted Kennedy, ever did throughout his entire life was to undermine these basic rights.

Not to mention many of the Ten Commandments, but these are between him and God.

What he did and tried to do with your and my God-given rights, however, are between him and us.

So, in the nicest way I can say it… even the Pope’s fire extinguisher ain’t big enough for where I hope you’re headin’ Tedster. In other words…

Burn, Teddy, burn.

TXUS on August 31, 2009 at 6:28 PM

I wonder what Teddy’s soul is doing today…….?

Seven Percent Solution on August 31, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I personally hope it’s made to be in a fetal position getting its brains sucked out over and over for eternity.

SouthernGent on August 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I wonder what Teddy’s soul is doing today…….?

Seven Percent Solution on August 31, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Medium rare, but coming along nicely.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 6:33 PM

My God the stones on that guy, to actually tell the Pope — the Cardinal of Rome, the Big Kahuna HIMSELF — that he believed in and and supported the Church’s fundamental teachings. Un-effing-believable. I don’t know, maybe “sanctity of life from conception to natural death” means something different in Hyannisport.

CMS2004 on August 31, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Universal healthcare = Universal abortion

Hening on August 31, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Now Ted doesn’t answer to the Pope but to a lower authority.
Much lower.

Christian Conservative on August 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM

CMS2004 on August 31, 2009 at 6:49 PM

With the large number of Catholics voting Democrat, it evidently means something else in most of America.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Yeah, that’s something I’ve never quite understood. I mean, I don’t agree with the Church on every little thing, but the big ones — abortion, etc. — are sort of deal breakers, in my eyes.

CMS2004 on August 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM

CMS2004 on August 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM

They follow lefty dogma.If you’re good to an illegal alien, or the poor, you get to kill a baby.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:02 PM

tessa on August 31, 2009 at 5:45 PM

It’s not just catholics who need that conscience clause. There are other Christian denominations, Jews and others, even atheists, who respect life and need to be able to follow their conscience in healthcare.

Mommynator on August 31, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Lefty dogma never fails to boggle my mind. It makes about as much sense as my three-year-old son’s stories.

CMS2004 on August 31, 2009 at 7:10 PM

CMS2004 on August 31, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I wouldn’t look to the ‘stones’ on that guy. I’d look to the saturated liver.

bridgetown on August 31, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Mommynator on August 31, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Don’t get me started on the hypocrite Jews! Oh we must remember the holocaust. Then they support state sponsored butchering of the truly innocent.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:13 PM

The Pope about Ted Kennedy: “If you cant say something nice about someone you probably shouldn’t say anything at all”.

Hellrider on August 31, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Jeff from WI, there are many individuals who wouldn’t go near a suction machine. I’m talking about all those individuals, not whole classes of people.

I’m sooooo looking forward to my nursing clinicals in ob/gyn. /not when it comes to abortion

Mommynator on August 31, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Mommynator on August 31, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Good luck with those.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:17 PM

It is amazing how economically ignorant Ted, Barney and the rest of the Left is about how wealth is created.
They almost seem to believe wealth can be created legislatively.
200 years of production exceeding consumption followed by 40 years of the opposite.
Where do you think this will lead.
“Ask not for whom the bell tolls.”
It tolls for us all.

esblowfeld on August 31, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I wonder what Teddy’s soul is doing today…….?

Seven Percent Solution on August 31, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I’m sure he’s looking up at us and thinking …

PackerBronco on August 31, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Another day at the office at HA.

crr6 on August 31, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Sorry teddy……Michael Corleone was there first.

try again later on August 31, 2009 at 7:36 PM

LMAO at the Vatican reply to Ted vs. the letter to Eunice. Says it all.

rockmom on August 31, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Gee, if Ted had been the one that drowned that night and Mary Jo had been the one to walk away I wonder to what extent she and most likely her entire family would have been villified.

Just sayin’.

Niere on August 31, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Wonder how far we’d get pushing the conscience clause “because Teddy wanted it”.

Chris_Balsz on August 31, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I keep wondering when someone besides Sarah Palin is going to make the clear connection…If universal healthcare ever passes, Eunice Shriver’s lifework will become unnecessary. Mentally disabled, as well as aged, infirm or imperfect citizens will not receive healthcare. They will die untreated because they are deemed not worth the cost of care. Gov’t takeover of healthcare is brutal and diametrically opposite to Shriver’s reverence for life. Her death was a cause for mourning-Teddy, not so much IMHO.

indypat on August 31, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Hillbuzz has a funny article on Ted.

Ted Kennedy must be honored. The perfect opportunity is to build the Wind and Tidal Energy Project in Massachusetts and name it after him and his wonderful family.

Link

Geochelone on August 31, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Ted Kennedy. A guy who did nothing in his life of note except leave a woman to die in the back seat of his car.

The ultimate liberal hypocrite. Pushing for government single payer rationed health “care” while he, at 77 years of age with incurable brain cancer, pushes all the medical technology and drugs options available. He gets $50,000 a dose cutting edge drug therapy, proton beam brain treatment and all the best our country’s medical system can provide.

For you in his case though, his “nirvana” is you shutting up, sitting down, taking a pain pill and just f*cking die. Health care is to be rationed and it will be provided to the “ruling class” that these neo-Marxists want to create.

He’s dead. Now “Move-On” liberals…

enoughalready on August 31, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Best regards to all

Key West Reader on August 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

You know not of which you speak. Catholics, and IIRC, Lutherans, do not “pray” to statues. They are art. And bingo, and the like, are not played in the Church, but typically are in buildings on church property. And frankly, you don’t know that Christ was only “violent” in that one instance. Remember, the Bible is full of the teachings and actions of Christ, but not all of the teachings and actions of Christ are in the Bible. Next time you decide to judge one or more of your Christian brothers or sisters in faith, remember the “one who is without sin shall cast the first stone.”

Now, bugger off.

john1schn on August 31, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Warm enough for you now Ted? hehehe

bill30097 on August 31, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I have to conclude that ‘universal’ means worldwide, as opposed to only including the United States. That would catch the Pope’s attention. Words matter.

24K lady on August 31, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Teds Letter:

Dear Popie,

I’m sure from all the money we send you that you know who I am. As you know, I’ve spent my life claiming to be a devout Catholic, but I’ve been a killer of women, as well as babies. I also have been a bit of a lying deviant and a traitor.
I was wondering if you could find it in your heart to forgive me and say a prayer to the Big Guy so I don’t get baked below.
Enclosed please find $20K extra cash NOT to go into the poor box, but if you use it for new golf clubs, I’ll never tell.

Your buddy,

Ted K.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Public airing of this letter renders its content nothing more than the irrelevant politicking of a dead man.

exdeadhead on August 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

of course it could be a CIA forgery to cover up Kennedy’s actual letter “BEWARE THE KENYAN”

Chris_Balsz on September 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Teddy’s tombstone, an Oldsmobile and a broken big dig hard hat. Fittting, since nothing he ever did worked.

tarpon on September 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Ghost, Ghost! I meant to say Ghost and yes I know the difference….sigh

Host is pretty accurate, too. The Host of Heaven can be found scattered thru out the Old Testament. And for many Catholics (and Orthodox) a consecrated host would be the body of Christ.

I R A Darth Aggie on September 1, 2009 at 12:22 PM