Good news: T-shirts with nipple tassels now available for toddlers

posted at 7:10 pm on August 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

For the little stripper in your life. Coming soon, presumably: Thong underoos.

Actually, no — that’s already been done.

ParentDish interviewed the designer behind TwistedTwee, which is selling t-shirts for babies and preschoolers that include nipple tassels, among other items.

The designer, Suzi Warren, told ParentDish via email that “The Nipple Tassel t-shirt was designed as a response to my own distaste at seeing mini versions of sexy clothes on young children. Five-year-olds wearing slashed mini skirts and boob tubes, little thumb-sucking Britneys.” I guess that’s like wearing blackface to protest racism? Mostly Warren is doing it to make money. At least I hope that’s why. If she honestly believes that this is an effective form of protest, I’d hate to think what she’d do with an issue like health care reform.

Stripper pole — yes, really — sold separately. As outrageously outraged as I am, I’m intrigued by the designer’s satire defense. Can she really, possibly believe there are no parents so low-rent that they won’t buy this crap for their daughters to wear? Reminds me of some ancient munitions pioneer whose name escapes me at the moment defending one of his inventions on grounds that human beings surely would never use such a savage weapon on each other, ergo war would soon be obsolete. Exit question: Are we moving towards a society where “Raisins” restaurants actually exist?

Comments

Yes. Yes we are.

Black Yoshi on August 31, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Suffering Suckotash.

ICBM on August 31, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Said this in the headlines; it speaks worse to the parent who buys this for their kid than the designer who made it.

BadgerHawk on August 31, 2009 at 7:13 PM

My god, she’ll make millions…has she never seen a Jerry Springer episode?

AUINSC on August 31, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Great SP reference. And yeah, we are.

brak on August 31, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Packaging for pedophiles?

Hellrider on August 31, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Man, this is all wee-weed up.

faraway on August 31, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Wouldn’t it be simpler to have a t-shirt that says, “My Mommy and Daddy are scumbags”?

trubble on August 31, 2009 at 7:16 PM

The sexualization of children is astounding. They are desensitizing the populations, so in 40-50 years NAMBLA etc will be somewhat acceptable. I hate to think this is where it is going, but …isn’t this where it’s headed?

This whole country is going down in flames.

portlandon on August 31, 2009 at 7:16 PM

SICK

And a WOMAN came up with this?
The B**^*( is SICK.

bridgetown on August 31, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Disgusting. Makes me glad I only have boys.

Sekhmet on August 31, 2009 at 7:17 PM

She doesn’t care. She wants attention, and would like the money as well. She doesn’t give a rat’s bootie about children. Period. The witch is SICK.

bridgetown on August 31, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Well, this is the “liberated” left wing mentality for you. Remember, this is the same mindset that results in parents taking their toddlers to the sexually explicit gay Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco – dressed in leather bondage gear.

Sharke on August 31, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Go to Walmart and look at the lingerie for pre-teens. There is no way I would let my daughters wear that kind of crap.

TXMomof3 on August 31, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Lord, you may commence Armageddon any time now, we’ve hit bottom.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:20 PM

These beauty contests for little girls creep me out big time. You can’t imagine some moron parent who decides to hussy up her daughter and poll dance to some 80′s rock song?

Jean Benet Ramsey was a victim to this abuse from parents. Let kids be kids for as long as you can.

portlandon on August 31, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:20 PM

I agree with you, buddy. Words fail me.

kingsjester on August 31, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Slouching Towards Gomorrah as Justice Bork would say.

fourdeucer on August 31, 2009 at 7:22 PM

rbj on August 31, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Some children have such an uphill battle to success, it’s amazing. Of course those kids parents blame all their disadvantages on anything but themselves.

It’s evil, rich, white, conservative, suburban, people who kept my kid from having a fair chance at a decent education, not the fact that I trained my daughter to be a stripper since she was old enough to walk.

Scrappy on August 31, 2009 at 7:24 PM

For the David Brooks of the world – Ride a Dad

faraway on August 31, 2009 at 7:26 PM

My daughters are in their 20s. No grandkids yet. Please tell me this is some kind of a bad dream.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!

robo on August 31, 2009 at 7:27 PM

She can salvage this tasteless idiocy by adding two little cloth “ears” and “legs”, each, and then say that they are two ponies, seen from the rear.

Otherwise only psycho-pedos will buy this “satire”.

profitsbeard on August 31, 2009 at 7:27 PM

If you purchase 3 shirts, they’ll throw in a toy meth lab for the kids to play with.

Triumph of white trash culture.

SteveMG on August 31, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Oh, brother my mind is racing

faraway on August 31, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Triumph of white trash culture.

SteveMG on August 31, 2009 at 7:27 PM

LOLOL Trailer Wear

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Ooops..I better be politically correct. Possible Movement Residences Wear

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Was this invented by a Letterman Show writer?

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I see this going the way of the bedazzler!

sonnyspats1 on August 31, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Where’s Billy Mays when we need him. Now that man could sell those things at a Southern Baptist Convention.

Seriously though. Are there really enough trailer parks for her to make a profit?

BacaDog on August 31, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Also known as “Manufactured Housing” in Dixie.

kingsjester on August 31, 2009 at 7:35 PM

This is too sick for me to even joke about sorry.

fourdeucer on August 31, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Also known as “Manufactured Housing” in Dixie.

kingsjester on August 31, 2009 at 7:35 PM

The family can move while their kids are in school if’n they’re ugly, housing.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I’m disgusted enough with the “satire” excuse when people like Wanda Sykes and Dave Lindorff use it. This woman didn’t need to make me want to barf any more.

Ryan Gandy on August 31, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Why are you advertising this crap for her?

lynncgb on August 31, 2009 at 7:41 PM

how did this make it onto my favorite website?

ted c on August 31, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Here is the other end of the rainbow. I am at a loss to understand what sort of educational project this was. This has to leave a mark.

BL@KBIRD on August 31, 2009 at 7:45 PM

BL@KBIRD on August 31, 2009 at 7:45 PM

My God. There are some seriously disturbed people out there. Unfortunately, some are parents.

BacaDog on August 31, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Messed up.

WisCon on August 31, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Maybe these shirts are meant as humanitarian aid for nations with UN Peacekeepers present.

malclave on August 31, 2009 at 7:50 PM

This (for obvious reasons) and graphic sex ed for kids is exploitative and, in my opinion, tantamount to sexual abuse. These children who are being introduced to sexuality very early on, in two different ways, are the unfortunate recipients of the prurient infatuation of adults. Sickening.

Mommypundit on August 31, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I fleetingly thought of what would happen if someone bought that for my niece (she’s 6). My sister-in-law would murder their arses. That’s for sure.

And I’d help her bury them in the backyard.

mjk on August 31, 2009 at 7:51 PM

“That’s hot”

blatantblue on August 31, 2009 at 7:52 PM

and the creator of this disgusting apparel is typical left wing liberal wench,real classy……

SHARPTOOTH on August 31, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Please tell me Madonna had something to do with this.

Geronimo on August 31, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Mommypundit on August 31, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I agree.

bridgetown on August 31, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Ditto as to why you’re even writing about this stuff….and advertising this crap ……

lynncgb on August 31, 2009 at 7:54 PM

The Left continues apace, at ever earlier ages, to inform that each and every one has the Right to Fun. If there are Consequences of Fun, it is because you are a Victim.

Conservatives are Unhappy People who do not want you to have the amount of Fun to which you are entitled.

Also, historically, Brown People had much, much less Fun, which is entirely the fault of the Unhappy People. In compensation, they are henceforth allowed Much More Fun With Fewer Consequences, until, some day, we think we have achieved Fun Justice.

Notably absent from the Left’s admonitions are details of how Fun is to be Funded.

Sadly, the message that a balanced life of honest work, attempts to walk in a straight moral line, enjoy and share the fruits of those labors equating to a happy, fulfilling life has had all avenues of articulation choked off. This has coincided with the development of mass media, which the left has successfully used to normalize its ethic, while crowding out the other which I have cited.

shaken on August 31, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Nature abhors a vacuum.

spmat on August 31, 2009 at 8:00 PM

*looks at buttload of unsold Christian themed merchandise and sighs in despair* It’s all over, time to close up shop and get into the filth, decadence and degradation business while the gettin’ is good! T_T

Orange Doorhinge on August 31, 2009 at 8:01 PM

The Raisins episode (also Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset) satirized immodest clothes for kids by featuring immodest clothes for kids. I think the tee is defensible as a kind of reductio ad absurdum satire.

RightOFLeft on August 31, 2009 at 8:02 PM

……… and we wonder why sociopath vermin kidnap and r ape young children, like that piece of sub-human excrement in California. Parents who would victimize their children with this sort of trash ARE the moral equivalent of that despicable scum.

bannedbyhuffpo on August 31, 2009 at 8:07 PM

This is sick. Someone should be shot for this.

ort777 on August 31, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I got’s to get my little ho one a dose, y’all!

Alden Pyle on August 31, 2009 at 8:08 PM

This is just one inch in the fall of a moral society.

FontanaConservative on August 31, 2009 at 8:09 PM

you’re giving this woman a platform here because….?

You must not have daughters.

Beaglemom on August 31, 2009 at 8:13 PM

This is quite disgusting.

ladyingray on August 31, 2009 at 8:17 PM

And so when we, the somewhat socially conservative types, are being lectured to by our betters — the socially “moderate” fiscal conservatives — and ridiculed for our absurd exaggeration as to how far down into hell we have already descended … what?

Once again, I’m sick of being right all the time.

Jaibones on August 31, 2009 at 8:23 PM

“Pimp My Kid”

Excuse me while I go throw up.

mike_NC9 on August 31, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Ugh!

Match that shirt up with a pair of
pants that`create the ahem,camel toe’
affect’,and EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!

Good Gawd,wtf was the designer thinking
about!!

And I`ve bought clothes for my daughter
in her younger days,and that tassle filth
is revolting!!

canopfor on August 31, 2009 at 8:29 PM

The unintended consequences of this will work out just as well…

… as when gang clothing was sold at SEARS.

Seven Percent Solution on August 31, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Sorry Allah, but I don’t like these type of “outrage of the day” stories. For an atheist you sometimes sure like winding up the thumpers with these molehills. There are plenty of things that shouldn’t exist but do and nobody in my world buys them. I don’t really think the nipple tassel shirt is going to be putting Osk Kosh BGosh, or whatever the hell the rugrats wear these days, out of business any time soon.

LevStrauss on August 31, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Lord, you may commence Armageddon any time now, we’ve hit bottom.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Amen brother!

cmsinaz on August 31, 2009 at 9:06 PM

The perfect thing for your Prostitot!

The Monster on August 31, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Our children are living in this God-forsaken world where there are freaks that would like to see our kids in these. Sick. Sick. Sick.

balkanmom2 on August 31, 2009 at 9:21 PM

The left is never happy. NEVER! They are never satisfied. Always looking for something to offend, upset or destroy.

There is no cure for having “left mentallity”

CEA_Agent on August 31, 2009 at 9:22 PM

balkanmom2 on August 31, 2009 at 9:21 PM

There is no cure for having “left mentallity”

CEA_Agent on August 31, 2009 at 9:22 PM

You are both quite correct.Now when you hear the spineless in here lament that we shouldn’t be so harsh, or this isn’t the time to comment about someones true disgusting deeds, be sure to tell them where to stick it as the left deserves no respect.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 9:37 PM

LevStrauss on August 31, 2009 at 8:46 PM

LOL. OSK KOSH BGOSH, huh? What are you, in a time warp from the 1980′s? I don’t even have kids and even I know that’s wrong….

Perhaps when you know the tender touch of a woman or you know, meet some kids, then you’d know what was wrong with this. Otherwise, I’ll be more than happy to Fed Ex you a “End Times Thong” and you have to wear it. You’re such a big freethinker. What’s a little asscheek amongst friends, family and the general public, right?

mjk on August 31, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Oshkosh a town in eastern Wisconsin on Lake Winnebago.Home of the Experimental Aircraft Association museum and fly in.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Same here. As much as I’d love to have grandkids, this type of thing and the way our country is being destroyed make me hope it doesn’t happen.

NightmareOnKStreet on August 31, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Oshkosh B’Gosh kid\s wear manufacturer

Oshkosh Trucks: Maker of large trucks and utility vehicles, mostly for the military.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 10:03 PM

NightmareOnKStreet on August 31, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I know how you feel.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I always told people that if they wanted my son to stare at their daughter and think of her as a sex object then they should approve of her dressing like a slut…

…my statement stands.

ladyingray on August 31, 2009 at 10:14 PM

ladyingray on August 31, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Well I have to admit that as a lad, I often stared and several girls, and although the good Lord should of struck me dead on the spot, I wasn’t staring at them for their IQ.
And they were dressed in ugly Catholic School Uniforms.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I wouldn’t let a kid wear the tassel things.. but I would. be good for a laugh.

GoodBoy on August 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

What the f

Cylor on September 1, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, indeed!

Jeff from WI on September 1, 2009 at 7:12 AM

ugh Between hearing last night that the UN wants children as young as 5 to be taught about masturbation and this t-shirt I would think this would be luring to child sexual deviants.

Totally inappropriate.

becki51758 on September 1, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Actually, I know someone who would buy something like this. My granddaughter’s other grandmother has been forbidden by my daughter and her son to buy clothes for the child.

She’s in her 50′s, and dresses like a 15 year old hooker. I was there when she came to my daughter’s door to pick up the child, and she was in a see-through blouse and leggings, with the thong showing in the back. I hadn’t believed my daughter before that. Yech!

So yes, they are out there. I’m just glad my daughter put her foot down and my granddaughter is dressed appropriately for her age.

Sarah2053 on September 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM

How could we forget Beyonce’s childrens clothing line?

mizflame98 on September 1, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Yah, and Naomi Wolf thinks burkas are “feminist and liberating”.

Leftists just can’t find anything wrong with ANY weirdness or depravity. The Dutch have led the way on making any form of sex available and acceptable…now taking a poop is the most satisfying part of the day. No wonder they are reproducing at less than replacement rate and the Muslims will eventually run the country.

Resistance is not futile.

Harry Schell on September 1, 2009 at 10:28 AM

This whole country is going down in flames.

portlandon on August 31, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I live in Austin, TX, every year a 5k run is hosted called “Keep Austin Weird”. I participated in this run on several occassions and everyone is encouraged to dress up. One year I witnessed a man in his 40′s wearing a candy gumball machine over his genatatailia. Another man was was wearing a “man thong”. Needless to say this was the last time I participated in this event.

I agree. What I like to point out to my brother-in-law who is a screaming liberal is that liberals live, breath, and promote Darwinism. If the fittest of a species survives, why is it that homosexuals need laws protecting them? If the fittest of a species survives, then why is it homosexuals have to recruit? Yes, recruit because they can’t procreate, therefore they have to expose children to their culture. Why children, they are the most vulernable. Once gay marriage is passed into law, as of today 6 states recognize homosexual marriage, the next deviant behavior to become vogue is 3 way marriage. Pedephilia is less than a generation away.

AASLT on September 1, 2009 at 10:43 AM