Video: Shea-Porter has constituent arrested at town-hall forum

posted at 1:20 pm on August 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

This is a curious re-election strategy, especially for a Representative who made her name by bird-dogging her former Congressman at his town-hall forums.  Consistency isn’t Carol Shea-Porter’s strong suit, apparently, as she demonstrates in this clip from the meeting she finally held with constituents after dodging them for most of the month. When one of her constituents challenges the presence of union enforcers in the crowd, Shea-Porter asks for police intervention:

I’ve watched this video a couple of times, and I still can’t figure out why the police took this man out of the room. He was actually less disruptive than the woman behind him. He challenged Shea-Porter on the appearance of SEIU protesters in the room, one of whom got up and disrupted his question. When the first man then challenged the residency of the SEIU rep, police swooped in and removed him.

In four short years Carol Shea-Porter has evolved from a rabble-rousing, town hall disrupting anti-war activist who once had to be forcibly removed from a President George Bush event in Portsmouth to a Member of Congress who instructed armed security guards to remove a frustrated voter from her own town hall event in Manchester on Saturday.

In the appended video, Shea-Porter can be seen instructing security to remove a man for standing to ask a question without a ticket. Shea-Porter previously held a lottery to determine who could ask questions. She can also be heard taunting the man on his way out by saying, “I do hope the movie theater can be a little quieter for you.”

Now Hampshire also reports that the man they removed is Carl Tomanelli — a retired policeman.

Shea-Porter heaped disparagement on “tea-baggers” who showed up to dissent on ObamaCare, which is rich with irony, considering Shea-Porter’s history:

“The irony is, of course, that Shea-Porter used to be a ‘tea-bagger’ on the left,” writes Nashua Telegraph columnist Kevin Landrigan. “She stalked then-congressman Jeb Bradley at town hall-style meetings the 1st District Republican incumbent held throughout his district.”

Four years ago Carol Shea-Porter protested at the State House alongside people dressed as Nazis while accusing the federal government of trying “to brand us like sheep.” On Saturday, she disparagingly referred to people who do not trust the same federal government to run our health care system as “these people.”

“We remember when, Carol, do you,” asks Landrigan.

But that was when she was one of the hoi polloi. Now, she’s in power, and Shea-Porter doesn’t deign to take questions without preselecting who can speak in her presence.  And that’s a re-election strategy that is both all too familiar and increasing unlikely to succeed in 2010.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Looks like we are at Step 3:

1. First they insult you (“teabaggers,” “un-American”)

2. Then they ridicule you (“astroturfers”)

3. Then they fight you

4. Then you win

rockmom on August 30, 2009 at 9:08 PM

It’s nice to see that you married well. I like to watch baseball live but I don’t do it often.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

She reminds me of that fact quite often. That’s ok about baseball. I feel the same way about hockey. It is because I do not know the games with in the game like I do about the “big three”

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 9:12 PM

That looks a lot more like Germany in the thirties than the USA of 2001-08.
Scratch a liberal, find a fascist.
jukin on August 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

At least for now, we’re better armed.
Keep your powder dry.
We’re in for a rocky road.

justltl on August 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 9:07 PM

OMG, you touched greatness. Sony was a womanizer. He like you. My Guess. I thought he had some teeth knocked out.

Sony only had one thin horizontal cross bar on his face mask and nothing vertical. Today he would get his face ripped off. Those were the days of real men.

That guy had a gut but his arm was so amazing. He could throw the out pass on a rope or even deep, knock people over with it.

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM

“He liked you.”

Not “He like you”.

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 9:18 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 6:45 PM

OK. A sarc tag would would go a long way in avoiding confusion. As you well know, the trolls are thick here at HA and it behooves us to be as clear as possible.

csdeven on August 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I am sure some of his teeth were probably removable but in public they were all there. He was funny. He had touch and strength.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Basil Fawlty on August 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

It has to be clear that the remark was a joke. Especially with trolls infesting HA.

csdeven on August 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Just like the fascists they are.

David Block on August 30, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I knew what you meant. My husband had take snap shots of us together, had them on his tool box and work and someone stole them. He still hasn’t recovered.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM
Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM
Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

You are blowing me away tonight!

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

you have to get a ticket to ask a question. This is important, not a bakery. If the this was happening to
conservatives, the talking heads would be loving it.

uber on August 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

What skunk would steal something so personal and so cherished?

Check eBay. You might have to buy those snap-shots back. And you could exact your revenge on the thief with a tazer or something.

But alas, I know that is not your nature (so far as I can tell).

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 9:36 PM

That was a long long time ago. I still have the black & white glossy he signed but it isn’t an neat has being in the same picture. Plus I was young and cute, good memories. LOL!!

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I know, I must be channeling William Amos tonight. Although his stuff has a lot more substance.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Thank God for the little spat with RagTag! (I work nights, slept all day, got on here and was reading from the first page and getting emotional) Some of the comments, such as:

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 2:19 PM

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 3:44 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Maybe during 9/12 enough of us will get together and exchange contact information that we may just begin a network of “friends who are needed”

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 4:05 PM
You will be missed my friend and we will be thinking of you. It looks like there will be alot of HAer’s there. Many have asked Ed and Allah for an open thread to keep everybody up on the happenings over the weekend. We’ll see what happens.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I started thinking that you folks were channeling the “First Patriots” of our country. I was imagining that this must have been what it was like in the log cabins and pubs across the land in 1770. THEN I saw that I wasn’t the only one…bill30097 apparently feels the same way:

*When in the course of human events….

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 4:34 PM

*Looks like the time for peaceful confrontation has just about come to an end. The date is April 17, 1775

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

*As we gather on Lexington Green and listen to the British drums in the distance, I ask “who is with me?”

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Getting arrested is the least we can do for our country–in Iran, people are being killed…God bless you all that will be there in person on 9/12.

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

evilned on August 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM

MB4 on August 30, 2009 at 2:55 PM

So are we all “Reclaimers” now? Patrick Henry and our Founding Fathers would be proud!

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Those HotAirheads that go to D.C. better post pictures and a lot of them.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Everyone take a camera. You know the State-Run Media will be out there interviewing every Inbred they can to make y’all look bad.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Never been arrested. Never seen the inside of a jail although in all honesty propably should have. Always been proud of that fact.

However, if it is the result of fighting for this country. Then so be it.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Got an extra camera yesterday. Hey, and BTW I can can look bad all by myself thank you very much.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Was he actually arrested and charged with some crime?

Or did they just remove him?

Sackett on August 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Was he actually arrested and charged with some crime?

Or did they just remove him?

Sackett on August 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

The record of his actual existence has been expunged; including his COLB.

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM

I understand. I can’t wait for over a million Americans to show up and CNN and MSBNC to have a meltdown. Not to mention the Administration.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Reading through the whole little spat of words with Ragtag, and seeing the conclusion end in “a couple of drinks betweeen friends”–it did my heart good. I may be new here, but have followed you all for a few years now. I agree that our nerves are getting strung tight now–especially seeing what is happening to our fellow citizens at townhalls.
I have seen the same thing happen at another site where I am a member. (CysticFibrosis.com) People read something and react because of their own preconceived experiences and opinions. Then a flame-out occurs.
The maturity and calm, measured replies back and forth, eventually resulted in everyone shaking hands.
I just wanted to commend you all, in the way it was handled–gee, just like you were a “family”…

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Do you think it will be that big? The local Tea Party has sold out their buses and apparently some rented for folks in Georgia have a few seats left. A co-worker checked the hotels and motels in and around D.C. and they are sold out. It sounds promising.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Must admit I haven’t been this fired up since my last start my sr. year in college and that was a long time ago.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM

csdeven on August 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Very good advice.

Basil Fawlty on August 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I don’t know. I hope so. Look at Beck’s numbers last week. Around 3 – 3.5 million per night. Nobody expected that either. The Sleeping Giant is waking up.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM

What did ya play, Hoss?

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Almost every dispute can be settled once the emotional factor is taken out. Learned that in business. Still need alittle practice on my part but I am getting there.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Wish I could skip paying a bill to join you all there…well it would have to be several bills…and my mortgage….

It would be worth it just to meet all you HA-heads!

PS–I was arrested once back in 1967 as a minor in possession of beer–got off ’cause they nailed the boys and not us girls…would consider it a badge of honor to get arrested protesting against the rape of our country.

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

What did ya play, Hoss?

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Only baseball once in college, Was a pitcher. Believe it or not still play in what we lovingly call the wheelchair and walker league. Everybody has either professional or major college experience so we’re slower but veteran savy still counts in baseball.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Keep it up fascists. Soon enough even the slumbering giant will take note of your nature.

Browncoatone on August 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I love the game, too. I was a Radio Announcer for the (then) Memphis State Tigers Baseball Team in college.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM

…probably been said before…

Oh, no, she’s still a teabagger…left and right…one after the other…

john1schn on August 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Sweet!

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Me too–course back then, in the 70′s–I was a Repub against LBJ and the war, then I was blinded by the light and became a Dem. Found my way back after Reagan–thank God. Pol. Sci. was my minor in college–but I have to admit–I have never felt so passionate about politics!

Why do I feel like the 9/12 Event will be the “Woodstock” of this generation…

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

You just take care of things at home I know you will be with us in spirit as will many. We’ll take lots of pictures and find a way to post them.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:26 PM

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

It just may be.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I am not sure what my husband would think if he had to bail me out of jail after a Tea Party, but it may come to that one day.

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Shame on you not telling me you’re a yodette!

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Shame on you not telling me you’re a yodette!
HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Sorry, I thought you knew from previous posts. I’m not a little green creature either. Darned old college nicknames! ( :

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

No, don’t apologize I was the one in the wrong.:)

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Slightly off topic but A History of Health Care Reform in the New York Times looks at health care reform attempts from 1912 to the present. Click on the markers on the NYT’s time line in the article is the simplest way to get the information. A lot of the information can be expanded by the accompanying pdf files linked to in the article.

I think the article is a great history resource for someone who wants to know some of the important history on the subject of American health care reform from 1912 to the present but doesn’t want to wade through books on the subject.

Basil Fawlty on August 30, 2009 at 11:20 PM

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I would be proud to know ya–and would help with the bail!!!

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I hope they keep this strategy up for the next 14 months. The Dems are going to need to be put on suicide watch Nov.3, 2010.

Sporty1946 on August 30, 2009 at 11:32 PM

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Sorry I don’t plan on getting arrested. I may be 25 years older but if I could survive against the Stasi, Obama’s bully boys will be a piece of cake. And the best part is that I will be using training the govt gave me – just a little old “farm” boy. Damn and I was enjoying retirement too.

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Basil Fawlty on August 30, 2009 at 11:20 PM

New York Times? Take it with you when you crawl back under your rock.

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Well, I unexpectedly found myself doing my part today. After my 21-year-old cousin came over to help me finish building a shed, and I explained to him about drill bits and Obama – to a very receptive audience, I might add, I went to the local supermarket to grab some dinner (I usually cook my own from scratch but was tired).

Saw the greeting-card section and thought of my friend who was just blessed with twins so looked for a card. What did I see? A card with a picture of ex-President George W. Bush smirking on the front. I had to open it, and inside found the message, “every party needs a clown.”

I thought it through later, and concluded that in this extraordinary time, I had done the right thing.

I quietly ripped all 10 or so cards right through the face and then put an envelope in front of the stack.

I know that there are plenty of arguments to be made that I just hurt the vendor, etc., and should have filed a complaint instead, but then I realized = there was no Obama with Dumbo ears available and so that made it offensive (to me) political speech and I made a slightly financially destructive counter-”speech.”

Enough of the brainwashing. I would do it again in a heartbeat, as this type of anti-Bush CRAP led to Obama. The damage he is doing to everyone makes 10+ ripped cards insignificant.

cane_loader on August 30, 2009 at 11:49 PM

A stacked deck, sort of like an Obama press conference.

Johan Klaus on August 30, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I would be proud to know ya–and would help with the bail!!!

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I may have to ask for help or have lots of bake sales to collect funds for my jail time.

Hmmmmm….I might look good in black and white and a necklace with Immate #569832450 might even set the new clothes off.

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 11:55 PM

New York Times? Take it with you when you crawl back under your rock.

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I can’t I dwell on a rock:

Matthew 7:24
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Basil Fawlty on August 31, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Sucks that those who love what this country is quickly un-becoming are feeling forced to commit small acts of disobedience to protest the gestalt that led to the current unraveling.

When’s the last time you saw a freaking BIRTHDAY card in a store ridiculing a former president who was never tried or convicted of anything? Never in my lifetime. Billy Jeff was a special case and most of the cards were about sex. But G.W. in the birthday card aisle? Snap.

But it’s good that patriots are willing, even in small ways, to stand up and fight.

Give me liberty or give me death.

cane_loader on August 31, 2009 at 12:05 AM

You people are overeating.

Don’t you know you have to be an out of state union a-hole to ask a question around here?

tetriskid on August 31, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Somebody asked earlier in the thread… how it is that we “Live Free or Die” NH-ites elected this woman… A fair question to be sure!

But I would answer it by saying “we didn’t’. We have same say day voter registration here… and buses with Massachusetts plates have been showing up on election day the last few years… My friends and I have all seen plenty of Massachusetts voters in line with us on voting day. we’ve even seen people in line bragging about how they aren’t even American citizens, while waiting to vote. Oh… and as I hear the all to familiar bogus chorus of “Racist’ starting after that last comment… let me point out those foreign braggers were white men from England.

Cassandros

Cassandros on August 31, 2009 at 12:55 AM

You people are overeating.tetriskid on August 31, 2009 at 12:18 AM

What gave us away?

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2009 at 12:56 AM

THROW these God damned LYING
CHEATING CREEPS OUT OF OFFICE NOW!!

We wont last 4 years
we probably will be bankrupt in 4 months

The DEMOCRATS have completly abandoned
any pretense now..

They want to RULE US with a wip of legalism
and the chains of Communism..

Enough is Enough…

veteranoutrage on August 31, 2009 at 1:05 AM

How can this be allowed? Union people, who don’t live there, allowed to stay while the poor guy who does is thrown out? What is wrong with these Democrats? They are truly serving The Evil One, and Obama. Same thing.

gina4 on August 31, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Where do we live? Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory?

gina4 on August 31, 2009 at 1:32 AM

“According to Now Hampshire, they removed the man because he didn’t get a Golden Ticket to allow him to speak at the meeting:”

D’oH!

A citizen need a “Golden Ticket” to speak at a public meeting with that citizens public EMPLOYEE?

Did anyone else find it offensive that the “Fist Amendment” has been replaced by “The Golden Ticket”

DSchoen on August 31, 2009 at 2:02 AM

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I’m in the Des Moines, Iowa–the “heartland”–farm country!

lovingmyUSA on August 31, 2009 at 2:43 AM

would be proud to know ya–and would help with the bail!!!

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 11:23 PM

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Your fashion sense would still be 1000 times that of our first lady! Make sure to smile for the mug shot–we can get it off the internet! :)

lovingmyUSA on August 31, 2009 at 2:47 AM

Remember the cops are their “union brothers”.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 2:50 AM

cane_loader on August 30, 2009 at 11:49 PM

I did that once with a so-called Natl’ Enquirer trash piece on the cover about Bush–AND I went and complained to the manager (it was about him cheating on Laura!)

lovingmyUSA on August 31, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Pork, Pigs and Rigs

PORK Harry Reid, The Sun and other sources claim that he would be sunk if it weren’t for his ability to bring home the bacon. The Dems need theft and a lot of it right now, but why do Americans sell out their brothers for thirty pieces of silver? Or $400,000 jobs that last a month?

PIGS:

In short, will the police automatically asks themselves first “can I do this?” and “is it within the law?” and “does it respect the dignity of a non-criminal citizen?”, or will they just do it because an official wills it?

Horatius on August 30, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I hope you never find the answer to that question. Or at least the answer suggested by history and Stanley Milgram. I am from Virginia and The War of Northern Aggression was won by those just following orders. At least that is the story passed down. So I don’t offend anyone’s sensibilities, people of any color want officials with discretionary power to follow the law but realize that the Supreme Law of the Land and The Law of the Supreme Being will usually lead to a better place.

RIGS: New Hampshire has Dartmouth (formerly associated with the Republican Party) and I heard rumors of voter fraud there decades ago. I also heard of Mass maniacs coming to vote. (This was mentioned above.) In the same vein, they had buses in Virginia and an election official said that “Well, maybe the bus presence means a certain outcome and I don’t know why I don’t like it altogether”. Evil begets evil.

Read the above in the accent of the character in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil then I shall sound as stupid as many have accused me of being.

IlikedAUH2O on August 31, 2009 at 4:58 AM

Let me get this straight. Millions of ILLEGAL ALIENS marched thru OUR streets, what for 2-3 years now – screaming and DEMANDING we give them ‘rights’. And, the only time cops could intervene was when it got physical, but even then when the illegals DID get physical – throwing rocks and handmade ‘fireworks’ and the cops fought back (with their billyclubs and/or spray/rubber bullets), THE POLICE ARE THE ONES WHO GET REPRIMANDED/SUSPENDED – NOT the illegals!

A UNITED STATES CITIZEN goes into a town hall, makes a verbal ‘scene’ – WITHOUT PHYSICAL VIOLENCE – yet HE is led away by the police????

Yes, AMERICAN CITIZENS, we ARE losing our rights. The Hispanics are just one more ‘special interest’ group that Obama owes; THEY overwhelmingly voted for him.

But, as usual, we citizens are just going to lie down and take it….

brendy on August 31, 2009 at 5:35 AM

A yellow card to ask a question? It’s known as stacking the deck. I was unaware of stacking these events until I started studying them and I found it quite obvious. Both parties do it, however, the dems are champions. All these videos are going to be fuel for up coming elections and I’m sure ALL of congress will be nervous. Thank God for the internet, whoops, this too has a Bill to control it. Ah they have thought of everything haven’t they?

mixplix on August 31, 2009 at 6:43 AM

Why do these reps insist on attacking us, do they not know we are the people who elect them?

Osis on August 31, 2009 at 7:03 AM

“Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired
upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here,”

Captain John Paker, Lexington Green, April 18th 1775

Our founding fathers overthrew the tyranny of a government insensitive to the will of the citizenry. Shea-Porter proves that it is time to hit the reset button on Congress.

highhopes on August 31, 2009 at 7:34 AM

highhopes on August 31, 2009 at 7:34 AM

If I could change one thing about our Constitution, it would be to end universal suffrage.

Not everyone deserves the right to vote. The franchise should be limited only to those who produce, ie: who work, who produce. Those on the dole should not be voting, because they have no liability, no “skin” in the game, and thus, have no problem voting in politicians who are more than happy to buy their vote with someone else’s earnings.

wildcat84 on August 31, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Osis on August 31, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Congress thinks voters are sheep and will do whatever they want. They get the “Power and Control” hat when they are elected and they think they will have control over us forever. My mantra is: 2010-let it begin.

yoda on August 31, 2009 at 7:50 AM

wildcat84 on August 31, 2009 at 7:41 AM

The problem with that is that somebody has to separate the “producers” from the “slackers.” I’m uncomfortable with government in that role since the current regime would clearly use a standard that excluded all but the dregs of society that constitutes the key constituency of the filthy liar in the White House.

I would approach the problem from the other end. Term limits and other means to make the politicians more accountable to the people and unable to arrange themselves as a political elite nobility who are so secure in their positions that they can arrest dissenters at will.

highhopes on August 31, 2009 at 7:51 AM

LOL. My only fear is that all of this is peaking too soon. I hope folks are still righteously indignant a year from now when elections are rolling around.

Midas on August 31, 2009 at 8:20 AM

I’ll join the chorus vs. police harassment, and also question whether this retired police officer who was escorted out of the meeting was actually arrested, or simply removed and denied re-entry.

HE WAS RESPONDING TO SHEA-PORTER’S CLAIM THAT SHE HAS NO LOBBYISTS BANKROLLING HER.

Obviously, she has the union AND the union thugs.

Since the retired police officer was removed (arrested?) for not having a gold plated “right” to address the crowd and Shea-Porter, then the responding union thug should also have been removed for standing and speaking aloud without a gold plated permission slip, interrupting the old man who made a legitimate point for everyone to note well. She’s a liar.

Leftists make millstone rules for everyone ELSE to obey that never apply to themselves so far as they’re concerned.

maverick muse on August 31, 2009 at 8:22 AM

The Boss was on Fox and Friends this morning and they did a good job reporting this garbage and how stupid Shea-Porter is.

kingsjester on August 31, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Blowoutcongress.com

BrianA on August 31, 2009 at 8:32 AM

wildcat

Geithner’s elitist class claim to work, claim to produce. They work to produce graft. I’d hate to go back to the day those with the most have the only voice, ONE VOICE as Obama puts it, that all others must join in unison or be obliterated.

Given the Depression, a lot of workers are denied employment because of the graft that has destroyed industry from the top down.

I agree that those generations who’ve never supported themselves, always milking the welfare system, need to get the religion of RESPONSIBILITY. I hate to see them pursue wealth and power via the drug trade, or the New Black Panthers that “legitimize” terrorism via equal opportunity to violate the law, enabled and blessed from the highest levels for having dark pigment–elitists and thugs as symbiotic cohorts.

TRANSPARENT ACCOUNTABILITY, demand it of our elected officials and of our judicial system. Sotomayor is accountable, to all the wrong things, enabling crime and the dissolution of the Constitution.

maverick muse on August 31, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Was this CONSTITUENT actually ARRESTED?

Or merely escorted out.

maverick muse on August 31, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I used to think it over the top to call these kind of Democrats “fascist”.

I don’t think that anymore. May that fascist witch gets hers in 2010.

WannabeAnglican on August 31, 2009 at 8:37 AM

The main issue in what happened here in my view is that an American citizen was robbed of his consititutional right of free speech. Whatever term they want to use is secondary. The use of law enforcement to take that right is doubly important on the face of it. What has been accomplished? Free speech has been shut down. Why? because the congress person did not like the message. It is horrific that this is happening in America today. It should be a wakeup call to those on both side of whatever issue. First it will be the adversary whose speech is shut down. Next it will be your free speech. Think about that.

kanda on August 31, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I used to think it over the top to call these kind of Democrats “fascist”.

I don’t think that anymore. May that fascist witch gets hers in 2010.

WannabeAnglican on August 31, 2009 at 8:37 AM

It is good that Americans are beginning to realize the tactics being employed by the left as fascist. It has been trending in this direction since 1994 when the left lost control of the house. I think they decided if they ever did get back in power they would do everything possible to stay in power. Sadly, the republicans in the house after 1994 were a sad lot who turned out to govern much as the democrats did. That turned the people off to the republicans. Even republicans were turned off. Now we have the democrats attempting to consoldate power before the people can reverse it in 2010. It is up to we the people to through them out of office before it is too late. 2010 may be the last opportunity we have to elect those who have the intestinal fortitude to do the will of the people.

kanda on August 31, 2009 at 8:47 AM

What we need is a series of camps to hold the vast numbers of these crazy-ass freedom loving capitalist.

TheSitRep on August 31, 2009 at 8:52 AM