Video: Shea-Porter has constituent arrested at town-hall forum

posted at 1:20 pm on August 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

This is a curious re-election strategy, especially for a Representative who made her name by bird-dogging her former Congressman at his town-hall forums.  Consistency isn’t Carol Shea-Porter’s strong suit, apparently, as she demonstrates in this clip from the meeting she finally held with constituents after dodging them for most of the month. When one of her constituents challenges the presence of union enforcers in the crowd, Shea-Porter asks for police intervention:

I’ve watched this video a couple of times, and I still can’t figure out why the police took this man out of the room. He was actually less disruptive than the woman behind him. He challenged Shea-Porter on the appearance of SEIU protesters in the room, one of whom got up and disrupted his question. When the first man then challenged the residency of the SEIU rep, police swooped in and removed him.

According to Now Hampshire, they removed the man because he didn’t get a Golden Ticket to allow him to speak at the meeting:

In four short years Carol Shea-Porter has evolved from a rabble-rousing, town hall disrupting anti-war activist who once had to be forcibly removed from a President George Bush event in Portsmouth to a Member of Congress who instructed armed security guards to remove a frustrated voter from her own town hall event in Manchester on Saturday.

In the appended video, Shea-Porter can be seen instructing security to remove a man for standing to ask a question without a ticket. Shea-Porter previously held a lottery to determine who could ask questions. She can also be heard taunting the man on his way out by saying, “I do hope the movie theater can be a little quieter for you.”

Now Hampshire also reports that the man they removed is Carl Tomanelli — a retired policeman.

Shea-Porter heaped disparagement on “tea-baggers” who showed up to dissent on ObamaCare, which is rich with irony, considering Shea-Porter’s history:

“The irony is, of course, that Shea-Porter used to be a ‘tea-bagger’ on the left,” writes Nashua Telegraph columnist Kevin Landrigan. “She stalked then-congressman Jeb Bradley at town hall-style meetings the 1st District Republican incumbent held throughout his district.”

Four years ago Carol Shea-Porter protested at the State House alongside people dressed as Nazis while accusing the federal government of trying “to brand us like sheep.” On Saturday, she disparagingly referred to people who do not trust the same federal government to run our health care system as “these people.”

“We remember when, Carol, do you,” asks Landrigan.

But that was when she was one of the hoi polloi. Now, she’s in power, and Shea-Porter doesn’t deign to take questions without preselecting who can speak in her presence.  And that’s a re-election strategy that is both all too familiar and increasing unlikely to succeed in 2010.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Not too funny to us down here. No offense taken. Just saying.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Well apparently offense was taken enough for you to mention it.

I’ll give you a free shot at MA. No wait that’s to easy and anything said would most likely be true but it is a target rich environment.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 5:04 PM

And now, I will try my hand, at poetry.

Carol, Carol, you were once one of us.

Now you throw your constituents under a bus.

2010 is coming up Carol.

Did you just go over the falls in a barrel?

LOL. I know…baaaaaaaaaaad. But it had to be done. LOL

capejasmine on August 30, 2009 at 5:07 PM

1984 is here, and it is the Dems that are using Big Brother’s tactics….

DL13 on August 30, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Texans take the Alamo pretty serious. Have you been there? Do you know the history? The rental car comment was not funny!!!

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Yes and Yes and I’m also an adult that can take a joke and doesn’t think every second of ones life is a serious matter. I also believe in free speech, the right to arms, religion and I’m also pretty darn tolerant about pretty much everything as long as in does no harm or infringe on somebodies rights. Last I knew not being offended was a right of the left. If the Texans are getting as sensitive as the left then I guess there is no hope for us.

I will refrain from humor in the future as it is apparent conservatives have no sense of humor.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Well apparently offense was taken enough for you to mention it.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I am quite sure that you do not know what went there. I was honest in my statement but I know there are alot of Texans on HA that would take serious offense to jokes being made.

BTW I do not take free shots at anybody I make them defend themselves like real men do.

That being said you seem to have a good sense of humor. So..

Peace..out

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 5:18 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM

OK. game on now. I was posing and unable to read you last.

1. You obviously do not know many details.

2. If by adult you mean somewhere between 18 and 22 maybe you qualify.

3. Let me ask you a question? Would you take offense to a foreigner making a joke about Pearl Harbor? Please, Please say there is no comparison I dare you. You will be asking for a history lesson of epic proportions,

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 5:24 PM

So Rent-a-cops paid for by Che-Porter (h/t DD ) haul off a contituent for asking a question of his rep. without having a special ticket to ask a question? I think that things are boiling over very quickly.

thomasaur on August 30, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Rent-a-cops? Not. They were the real cops. Who joined Shea-Porter in trampling the exercise of quintessential First Amendment rights.

Blackacre on August 30, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I didn’t think I’d ever see the day where we’d see organized people in colored shirts running around impeding our rights without irony. Scary times.

LibTired on August 30, 2009 at 5:28 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Don’t refrain from humour on our part. Manuel, he’s from Spain, and I love it.

Basil Fawlty on August 30, 2009 at 5:29 PM

LibTired on August 30, 2009 at 5:28 PM

/Lisps

Well.. Geeezzz… does that make Purple the new BROWN?

Romeo13 on August 30, 2009 at 5:34 PM

There were 90 available seats and Shea-Douchebag packed a large number of them with out-os-state union astroturfers. Carol didn’t want any hard questions. She’s been a terrible representative her entire term.

GeneSmith on August 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I’m an adult and I can also take a joke. I can also see that we need to remember the history of the Alamo as history tends to repeat itself.

You are right RagTag, we are probably all getting too sensitive……pretty serious times for all of us here at HotAir.

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 5:39 PM

It’s now official—CAROL SHEA PORTER IS A FASCIST!!!!!

BobAnthony on August 30, 2009 at 5:40 PM

There’s a great article over at AT that captures where we are and the stakes involved. It is a great read and I highly recommend it.

Archimedes on August 30, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Great Stuff, though McCain will not like it.

Lt. GunRunner
1st Washington Regiment Volunteers
“Palin’s Panthers”

GunRunner on August 30, 2009 at 5:46 PM

We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves longer…

Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne. In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope…

Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! – Patrick Henry

RadClown on August 30, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Shea-Porter, like the rest of the fascists use the freedoms of a republic to get themselves in power and then deny it immediately to those that confront them.

Perfect example of what America has elected as leadership and how they will strip this country of freedom.

Hening on August 30, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Obama and the leftist Congress has taken money from stimulus and omnibus and TARP and given it to union thugs and ACORN, deadbeat mortgagees, car buyers who want their neighbors to pay for their car, and freeloaders of all stripes. They are buying votes in hopes that this kind of disregard of regular folks pays off for them. I pray it all backfires. If not, this Country is in real trouble.

Christian Conservative on August 30, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Just watched the video for the third time and am now wondering if it was the fact that he challenged the SEIU and their guy about where he lived that got him thrown out. Apparently the Dems do not want it made public that they are paying and importing these shills to come to these meeting–and with their SEIU tee shirts on no less. Has anyone read HR3200 carefully enough to see what’s written in there for the SEIU? The DNC’s version of brown shirts–the guy was right to expose them.

jeanie on August 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Okay, do we want to talk sensitive?

I’m out of here.
If it makes all you people happy to believe Ted was a murderer and that I’m supporting him then so be it.

I really don’t give a rat’s butt.

The one thing I will say before leaving.

I was delusional in my thinking that conservatives, at least the ones here were more intelligent and tolerant then the liberals but the last few weeks has proven me so very wrong.

I will give you that by current laws what he did may be considered murder in some states and that there are people that have lost family members to drunkenness, I have by the way, but what you are talking about happen in 1969. Not yesterday or last week or even this century. Nobody alive today knows what happen that night and that is a fact.

Apparently Ted being a murderer is very important to some folks and I guess that is just life. I guess it makes them feel better or superior or something. I’m not really sure what so I’ll just leave it at that.

Look on the bright side. He is dead and will never bother you again. I a few years he will be forgotten to almost all but a few that just can’t let he go.

I’ll say one thing for Ted. He made us remember a young girl that nobody would have care to even know the name of or whether she lived or died. She will always be remembered in the history books because of what Ted did or more appropriately didn’t do for her.

Many of you have taken my comments out of context and have read between the lines and apparently know more about what I wanted to say then I did. So be it. I really don’t care. Well that’s not true I care enough to tell you all to stick it where the sun don’t shine.

For a time I thought conservatives were different then liberals but in reality they are just two sides of the same coin. I’ll stick to the edge thankyou.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I don’t think that we do.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 6:12 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Well I guess I’m talking to a peer because that reply was pretty much spot on for a 18 to 22 year old.

So………

Are you seriously equating Texas to a foreign country? Are you saying that Texas as a state stands apart from the rest of the country? Are you saying that as a citizen of this country I would and am viewed as a foreigner because I wasn’t born in Texas? Is this or has this changed from the last time I was there? I would give you the date I was there but we have already established my age so we will have to assume it was within the last two decades.

Just as an aside why were many Texans always calling me lobster and accompanying it with great bouts of laughter? Is there some inside Texas joke about New England lobsters that we in New England are not privy to? Someone would ask a question like what’s your name and then another work say, “He don’t know cause he’s a lobster.” Please explain if you know the answer.

OK back to our scheduled program.

Point 3.
Wow that’s kind of like Team America when she says if you say you will never die I will make love to you right now.

Now who gets to decide if the lesson is truly epic? Should we ash HA for a poll?

Before I agree to this history lesson you will have to provide me with a context here.

The only thing I did was use the name Alamo in a lame joke about BO. How exactly did that or does that disparage the historic event at the Alamo Mission? If my joke was an insult to that event then is the car rental company doing the same by using the name? How about Alamo Pizza, Alamo Cinema, Alamo Pets, Alamo Square Pet Grooming etc, etc, etc…… I didn’t make those up by the way. I just did a search on the name.

My wife was seriously thinking of heading towards Texas because of what is happening in this country but I’m not so sure it would be any safer there for us foreign types. I wouldn’t want to ask directions to Alamo Pizza and get the crap beat out of me for insulting a native Texan.

I place on my head my serious hat………
The only insult here is the one you are creating not I. A simple, harmless remark and play on the name Alamo to make fun of BO that was at best laughed at at worse ignored. You have chosen to make something of it not I. You are being rude not I. Forget the history lesson as I’m not interesting in feeding your fantasy.

I’ve been part of Hot Air from its start and the thing I notice lately is that the conservatives are far more interested in attacking each other and taking offense at every little quip and miss word posted by each other. There are bigger things afoot in the land but hey who gives a crap because I got bigger conservative fish to fry in the HA threads. As of late it is getting harder to distinguish between here and the liberal sites.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Is this the beer thread?

/jk

Key West Reader on August 30, 2009 at 6:21 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Yes and because a few people among thousands here don not like your humor “conservatives have no sense of humor”

Got it

/sarc

CWforFreedom on August 30, 2009 at 6:26 PM

As a member of a family with quite a few cops I would guess not enough. I’d say maybe half my family cops would bust a family member without hesitation and at least one that would do it just to prove he doesn’t play favorites with family members. This has lead me to believe that we can not depend on local law enforcement for anything if push comes to shove.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 3:02 PM

That is why Obama NEEDS his “civilian” brownshirt defense corps.

The military won’t be able to be relied upon to go into crowds and bust skulls when unemployment reaches 40% and tax rates 80%.

The police are used to confronting civilians. That is where Obama will recruit from. And while there are lots of good cops, there are also lots of bad ones as well, in small towns like mine, the police are glorified hall monitors (with guns) who make barely above minimum wage. They enjoy intimidating people, but usually back down when challenged.

That is the pool from which Obama will staff this “corps”, a bunch of bully boys with guns, a badge, more money than they’d get in a REAL police department, and a license to bully and intimidate.

wildcat84 on August 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM

I don’t think that we do.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Sure we do.
Did you read all by comments or only that one?
How about the one were I said Ted was despicable or was it only the taken out of context one in the slash and quote by someone else?

No I’m not sensitive but I am trying to make a point and it’s not getting through to most. Have people been reading the threads? My bet is that they are only reading a few replies many of which are being cut and used out of context. Why? Who the heck knows but everyone here is snipping at each other for stupid petty stuff and everything being posted is an insult or challenge to someone. I swear people are doing far to much reading between the lines and not enough reading of the lines.

You are just as bad. What was that completely off topic post from the other thread for other then to attack me?

What was to point and how did it even apply to anything here? Oh I know, I’m accusing someone of being sensitive for being insulted and I have the audacity to say it after I ranted about my stuff being used out of context.

Yeah great retort. I’m destroyed.

Man it is true. We are being assimilated into the liberal hive mind.

It’s either that or everyone is so on edge that they can’t handle, well pretty much anything.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I also have a problem with the union thugs who dont live in these districts going and causing problems. He wasnt rowdy at all.

So lets hope another Dem bites the dust

becki51758 on August 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Is this the beer thread?

/jk

Key West Reader on August 30, 2009 at 6:21 PM

It better be good beer. I like Sam Adams but I’m all out right now and the stores don’t sell it past 5pm on Sunday.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM

It is the weekend and things get pretty loose.

The only problem I have with what you have said was when you supported the idea that this guy needed to follow some arbitrary rule before he could speak. The constitution guarantees us freedom of speech. Especially political speech. He was right to buck that rule. We ALL should be bucking those types of restrictions our elected officials foist upon us. Tacitly going along means the abuses have to get worse before we act. NO! NO! AND NO!!!!!! ANY abuse should be met head on and as vocally as possible. Only then will the socialist morons who you say we should fear their reactions, will understand that we know what are rights are and they are not going to trample on them.

And another thing….I wish no one except her family knew who Mary Jo was.

F**K Ted Kennedy! Her family would have cared and that may not be enough for you, but it’s plenty for me and I’m sure it would be plenty for the Kopechne family.

The next step in that line of logic is to say that Mary Jo would agree that her life was worth the “good” that scum sucking pig accomplished.

csdeven on August 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Got it

/sarc

CWforFreedom on August 30, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Absolutely spot on. You know minority rules and all that stuff. Think of it as just the liberal way of doing things.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 6:34 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Honestly,,, when I first heard about thi way so many years ago,, I remember that I thought of it as a stupid and unfortunate accident. But it wasn’t until about a year or more ago once I started reading more about the details, that I had a change of mind.
The whole incident is incredibly suspicious. If he had just ran to the nearest house and gotten help,, even if she had died,, it never would have amounted to as much as it has. He would have taken a big hit,,people would have known he was drunk,, but it was an unfortunate accident. He would have maintain a part of his integrity. People would have been forgiving and it would have faded into the past. “But for the grace of God, there go I” would have been the attitude, I am sure. But the fact he didn’t get help when help was right there, his story kept changing, she left her purse and keys at the cottage, he turned right instead of turning left,,, it’s all so suspicious.
For all we know,, something much worse could have happened that night beginning in the cottage which led to an attempted cover up.
Everything is revealed in time. Kennedy had power, he had title, he had wealth,,, all of that is gone. Everything he owned belongs to someone else. If he committed crimes,,, he is paying for them now. And the Judge he faces will not be bought and the verdict will be eternal and true.

JellyToast on August 30, 2009 at 6:35 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM

If you would hace read my post with an open mind you would know I was not comparing Texas or you to a foreign country. The analogy still holds true. With renders everything you said afterwords moot.

You know I tried to let you of the hook earlier chalking it up to a misunderstanding. But no you would have none of it. You had to start with the snide remarks to someone else here.

BTW this could all have been avoided by one mature individual just saying “sorry if I offended”.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 3:59 PM

You know what I am superior to a murderer.

Ted Kennedy was scum and all of this positive coverage is disgusting. As you obviously are not bothered by what he did I guess I can make assumptions about your character.

CWforFreedom on August 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM

It appears you know of the character of the person of which you speak.

CWforFreedom on August 30, 2009 at 6:44 PM

The part the sticks out for me is

When people misunderstand what I have written, I attempt to clarify. If we still appear to disagree, then that’s fine. You have written some great comments on several threads but this one about Sen. Kennedy seemed to upset you but you chastised someone’s sensitivity about Texas and the Alamo. Nobody likes their home insulted and MA is your home.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 6:44 PM

csdeven on August 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Actually I was being facetious with both those remarks.

The first was because everyone has been jumping on each other to play by the rules and we don’t need hot shots giving the left ammunition to use against us.

The second was making fun, maybe way to subtle for most of the Kennedy legacy and how the liberals are pulling everything they can out their backsides to praise the trudster, I mean the Tedster.

He was a despicable human being and you are 100% correct that MJK should have been know for her greatness or not at all. My comment about him being drunk, it being dark and the car in the water was not an excuse but a reason he may have left her to die. It is being used out of context just to attack me and I’m still not sure why other then we are attacking each other for no other reason then we are panicked about the grater world

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 6:45 PM

it’s all so suspicious

It sure is and it was even more so then. Something stunk about the whole thing, the purse and keys, the open car windows..no way can have an air bubble if the windows were open when it went over, the wrong turn at an intersection he knew well, his swim back across the channel so he wouldn’t have to report the loss of the car, no autopsy, the so-called botched investigation—so much doesn’t click that it’s mind boggling.

jeanie on August 30, 2009 at 6:47 PM

good beer. Sam Adams
RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Sam Adams is very good, but Shiner Bock hits the spot on a hot Sunday evening…..better friends than foes.

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 6:49 PM

wildcat84 on August 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM

In that vein, may I recommend this website?
and his new book: “The County Sheriff: America’s Last Hope”
I recently bought a couple of copies; one for myself, sent one to MY friendly local Sheriff and then made a donation to his program to send one to every Sheriff in America.

LegendHasIt on August 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM

And another thing….I wish no one except her family knew who Mary Jo was.

I think Mary Jo would rather have been alive the last 40 years than had the “notoriety” of having died of murder or manslaughter at the hands of a man “too big” to be prosecuted.

wildcat84 on August 30, 2009 at 6:55 PM

no autopsy

Sorry about this one, possibly not accurate–cannot recall if their was no autopsy or just an autopsy report that was never released. Either way though, it never became public.

jeanie on August 30, 2009 at 6:56 PM

In that vein, may I recommend this website?
and his new book: “The County Sheriff: America’s Last Hope”

LegendHasIt on August 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Interesting site.

And, yes, that is one way to keep law enforcement honest, since sheriff is an elected office…

In fact, did you know, that in Ohio, the state highway patrol are not technically police officers? They have no authority off the highways unless working with or FOR the county sheriff, who has authority over them.

That’s the way it should be in all states. And, indeed, that’s the way it should be with the FBI, they shouldn’t have anywhere near the power they do.

wildcat84 on August 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM

A joke about the Alamo causing a commotion? Some of the funniest jokes that I ever read were Holocaust jokes about what was going on in the Nazi concentration camps.

Basil Fawlty on August 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

This is huge! The guy is a retired cop he should run against her. hahahaha

sonnyspats1 on August 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM

OK I’m going to be an a-hole here. Why should I apologize? There is no right to not be offended. The is no law saying I have to humble myself because a person was offended. Bear with me, I don’t know for sure but you might think you speak for all Texans but think about the whole thing. You are acting just like we accuse the liberals of acting. Maybe, I don’t know, you are claiming to represent every Texan just as the liberals claim to represent their victim group. You are offended but not by an insult to you but buy a perceived insult to your culture. Again right out of the liberal playbook. Now you are saying all would be well and I would show maturity if I subsumed to your demand i.e. an apology. Again right out of the liberal play book.

As you are using the play book I will also.

I’m sorry if some were offended by my BO joke. The one that some fell disparaged the historical Battle of the Alamo. Although it was not meant that way and I really don’t see how it could be taken that way. (I guess I can understand that linking BO in any way to the Alamo is an insult so I do apologist for that linkage)

I will also give you kudos for using the liberal play book but we have to learn to use it against them not us.

Now your other point. How can I take your third point any other way other then Texas is apart from the USA.

Would you take offense to a foreigner making a joke about Pearl Harbor?

Your words not mine. Let me rephrase it from a more inclusive point of view.

Would you take offense to a Texan making a joke about the Battle of Bunker Hill?

See the differance? That is inclusive and does not imply I’m a foreigner from the Texan point of view. it also makes my think that Texas might even like us New England folk. I’m not sure why you would. After all we did give you Ted and Barny and JFKerry and Doocukis. Damn we are the Energizer Bunny of crap politicians…

By the way you never did address the lobster thing.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Not true. He was scum. All I was doing is trying to move the comments away from MURDERER! In many other threads people complain about how we look crazy and I do feel that this type of talk doesn’t help the cause of the people saying that that type of crazy un-factual talk hurts the cause.

For the record you can insult MA and it’s people all you want. That is if you think the truth is insulting. I live in a despicable state that continually elects despicable people to office. Maybe that is the reason I was a lobster in Texas. It sure looks like we have the brains of them. Oh there red when cooked. Great, commie lobsters.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Basil Fawlty on August 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

It was a joke about Alamo car rental and BO. Some people mentioned the Alamo and I made a joke about conservatives going after car rental companies like BO did car companies. It was taken as an insult to the memory of the Alamo.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Speaking of concentration camp humor.
This movie is a must see. Made in Italy.

sonnyspats1 on August 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I agree that there are comments that I might never dream of making but I don’t want to stop others from saying what they feel. It’s no reflection on me what anyone else says and I am honored to comment on HotAir. More often than not, those who are the most strident or passionate are correct and I am a wimp. As for your state, think of the proud history and all it’s contributions and it’s beauty.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

You know what I am superior to a murderer.

CWforFreedom on August 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM

You know you are right. What he did was awful but I do not live my life or define myself by what he did. Am I bothered? No more no less then with any other killer we have had in this country. What bothers me more are all the people who don’t give a rat’s arse about the thousands that have died today but get all emotional over MJK and then only because it was Ted that did the deed. In a way conservatives use MJK as a weapon to attack Ted with and nothing more. Sure Ted was scum and every chance I got I voted against him or supported his opposition. What more could I do?

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

And you know they do not give a rat’s ass about others who died how? Because some John Doe did not make it on HA?

Kennedy was a Senator for 50 years. Yes if was responsible for the death of MJK that will get people worked up and RIGHTFULLY so.

CWforFreedom on August 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

It does have a proud history and it is quite beautiful in places. As far as its contributions go. I would rather think of only the good ones and leave the current and recently dead politicians and the many fracked in the head laws out of it.

It generally has really nice weather too. Spring and fall are just fantastic and most of us live here just for those seasons.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

The woman is a pin head and now people are seeing it. Golden tickets and bussed in union goons, yay.

Fascists at work. This will not go away. neither will her remark about the constitution.

dogsoldier on August 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

“Some of the funniest jokes that I ever read were Holocaust jokes about what was going on in the Nazi concentration camps”, of my 7:02 post referred to a collection of black humour jokes created by Jews in those Nazi concentration camps and which jokes were collected and written down in a book by a Jewish survivor of those Nazi concentration camps.

The butt end of those jokes were of course the Nazis. Those jokes and the context around them helped me understand something that I had prieviously never understood:

Sometimes humour that with only a surface glace can look crude and extremely offensive can be the means whereby some people who are in perilous times can help keep their sanity.

Basil Fawlty on August 30, 2009 at 7:40 PM

The only way we will win elections is if good people sit and watch the voters come in and challenged their votes if you doubt they live in the district. Good people must take time and make the government work or the rats will lie and cheat and we will never win again. The cities are already gone but they need the suburbs, too. That is our only hope.

tessa on August 30, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Was this man “arrested”, or was he asked to leave the meeting (with which request he complied, saving him from being guilty of trespass, for which he could be arrested)?

If he wasn’t “arrested” by some Lefty blogger’s definition of the word, (and trust me, your definition won’t matter; they routinely decide what the words we say mean) then the entire article will be discounted as if you were a raving Nirther or something.

The Monster on August 30, 2009 at 7:50 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Re: lobsters

I am sorry but I have never heard or seen that comment before. And depending on the context of the discussion I would put a stop to it.

I have been to Maine and found the state beautiful and the people quite warm and engaging.

I still am at a loss on why you went off the deep end so quickly. Doesn’t matter however the holier than thou ego puts me off if honesty is what you ask.

I would rather agree to disagree shake hands and call it a day. Besides, like you say. we have bigger battles to wage.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM

And you know they do not give a rat’s ass about others who died how?
CWforFreedom on August 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

They told me.
Did you assume I was talking for all people? Maybe I should have been more specific and said all the people I asked.
Would that have kept you from attacking me?

Why is MJK more important then anyone else? I’ll answer that.
In my opinion. Notice I’m using “In my opinion” which means I do not speak for any one but me and I’m basing it on data that may of may not be factual and only on what I have read or experienced myself and it is correct to the best of my recollection.

In my opinion MJK is more important then John Doe because her death can be used as a political bludgeon. It is also my opinion that to do so is improper and an insult to her memory. I for one would rather be remembered for myself and accomplishments rather then as a victim of a scumbag who just happen to be a rich and powerful politician. Especially when said politician is despicable enough without having to bring MJK into the picture. I of course speak only for myself and I am not implying nor mean to imply how MJK would have felt.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Do you know what picture would have been perfect for this story?

The kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory of the kid who faked a Golden Ticket and was not allowed to go to Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory.

powerpro on August 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Check this one out, it was a tea party gathering not a congressional town hall. These Obama folks are getting gutsy.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Re: lobsters

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM

The lobster bit. There was no context that I could figure out. Is was some years ago so maybe there was something going on at the time to do with lobsters or New England. It wasn’t just a couple of people that said it so I assumed it was a wide spread term for people from new England.

Ah, where did you think the stereotype of the New England elitist comes from? If you think I have an ego you should deal with people from Boston proper or the surrounding areas. There are times I’d love to choke the living crap out of them. Man they make me want to puke at times. Condescending elitist a-holes everyone of them and that’s the nice ones. That Harvard professor was nothing compared to many of them.

Anyway I digress……

OK lets call it a night and I will raise a glass to you. It will have to be a rum and coke or maybe a green ice tea and vodka because I’m out of everything else.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 8:05 PM

unseen on August 30, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Thanks for this link, it’s nice to know that there is at least ONE newspaper in this land willing to stand to bullies! (And for our freedoms!)

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Hey, wait before we go. I knew given enough time we’d find some common ground. I have a good friend who was born and raised in Boston and I know of what you speak.

So CHEERS!

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Check this out from Instapundit. I would love to verification on the “petition” that attendees signed upon entrance to the meeting.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Cindy, thanks for this link also. I am shaking my head in disgust right now–and am trying to quell that funny feeling I have in my stomach that something is not right in the America in which I grew up…

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM

So CHEERS!

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Cheers and good night sir or madame.

Good night to all.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Suppose you find for me in the Constitution of the United States where it says I have to have a gold ticket, or any other ticket, to attend a public event involving my elected representative.

This man is a tax-paying American citizen, and had every right to be there and ask any question he wanted.

I don’t much care what the SCM portrays us as.

We are but a mere handful of congressional votes away from our demise as a nation. If conservatives continue to “follow the rules,” we are going to lose our country for good much sooner than most people realize.

-And that includes many conservatives.

Dave R. on August 30, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:01
I think we are going to see more and more intrusions like the man with the sign. They are a bold bunch with a lot to lose….I pray we conservatives are bolder.

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Amazing isn’t it. Oh, but I made a mistake it was from Gateway Pundit, not Instapundit. Sorry about that.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Here’s another one from Georgia. Look at the little ladies in the background while this man is being arrested. They know that this will scare people from going to tea parties. Especially little frail senior ladies. That said, I went to one in Orange Park, FL yesterday and there was a very very vocal woman saying that Pres. Obama wanted to do away with the white race. By the time I got there they had convinced her to just carry her signs because she was disrupting the speakers but her message was not helpful.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM

You sometimes can’t tell by a picture what is actually happening but the one with the three men apparently blocking the two women with signs disturbs me. If one of those women was my wife and I saw this taking place I like to think I would proceed in a calm matter-of-fact manner.

My first choice is to use brains not brawn. However, I am beginning to think that maybe my patience needs work before 9/12.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 8:24 PM

-And that includes many conservatives.

Dave R. on August 30, 2009 at 8:15 PM

We both know there is no gold ticket requirement in the Constitution although in the SCOTUS did find a bronze ticket clause when reading between the lines in the I.P. Daily vs The State way back in 1792. I dear you to look it up.

Anyway………

As I said earlier I was making fun of conservatives insistence on having all the Is crossed and Ts dotted.

No I will not use a /sarc tag on my posts. I’m quite happy with making people think and wonder about what I’m saying or trying to say and then whining about them not getting it right. It gives my life meaning in the wasteland of the unemployed.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Good night RagTag. ( :

yoda on August 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Are you going to D.C.? I wish I could go, my two oldest younguns (so to speak) are going to be visiting. I should have planned better and visited them in Virginia and popped up to Washington. I think you will be fine on 9/12, many like minded people. In spite of what they say, we have the better senses of humor then the Left.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Apparently the pro-Obama care folks had a nice rally in NYC. Check out this picture, they must have been fresh out of kids on ventilators. God will get me for that. Sorry.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

. It gives my life meaning in the wasteland of the unemployed.

RagTag on August 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Boo, joining that crowd after the first of the year.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

RagTag. You said you were leaving for good. For Gods’ sake LEAVE. You tantrums are childish and I certainly would not want you on my six.

GunRunner on August 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

The mrs. has never been so we are going a few days early so I can show her the sights. I believe every American should visit DC a least once.

Yes, we will be fine I can exhibit great patience if prepared to do so. What you say is so true. One of the reasons I have been spending so much time on HA is that it gives me hope about our country. With the media and the apathic people one can feel like they are the only one’s that still care. It helps sometimes just to have a sanity check :)

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM

The last time I was in D.C. was for a Redskins game and they were still at RFK. Hopefully I will be making a full time return to Virginia next year and can go more often.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

BTW family is most important. We will all try and represent in a positive way. Hope you have a great time that weekend.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

If I were a conservative with a golden ticket, after this guy was removed, I would have risen with my question: So, what about these union individuals. Were they bussed here from outside the first district? Are they from New Hampshire? Did you coordinate their coming here? If so, why?

I can’t believe a Real American didn’t stand up in support of the ejected officer and press the issue with a sharp and confrontational question.

jeff_from_mpls on August 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Lt. GunRunner
1st Washington Regiment Volunteers
“Palin’s Panthers”

GunRunner on August 30, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Agent Bill
Palin’s 5th column
Worried about Obama’s goons? After dealing up close and very personal with the Stasi? ROFLMAO

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I would have loved to see a game there. My wife is a skins fan (go figure). I do love football but I must admit that having played 27 yrs of baseball it is my passion and most of the sporting events I have attended in other cities has been at their ballparks.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Looks like the time for peaceful confrontation has just about come to an end. The date is April 17, 1775

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

He was taken to room 101 to have a talk with O’Brien.

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

It’s going to be great, a whole week with all three kids. RFK was a great place to watch football in spite of the fact that there were a lot of bad seats behind huge columns. But when the fans got going the place would literally shake. Probably not a good thing but great fun. It’s nice to see that you married well. I like to watch baseball live but I don’t do it often.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

1984 is here, and it is the Dems that are using Big Brother’s tactics….

DL13 on August 30, 2009 at 5:12 PM

They didn’t call it INGSOC (English Socialism) for naught.

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I don’t think the b*tch had him arrested, just taken out of the room. But it was still despicable just the same.

kg598301 on August 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

As we gather on Lexington Green and listen to the British drums in the distance, I ask “who is with me?”

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Do you remember Sonny Jurgensen and Larry Brown? They were my team for a while until I went with the purple people eaters (Vikings).

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Have to tell you all that I saw my first “1/9/13″ bumper sticker today.

IN NEW JERSEY.

rockmom on August 30, 2009 at 8:57 PM

bill30097 on August 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM

(Stepping to the front and snapping a salute.)

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

That should be 1/20/13 of course.

rockmom on August 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

My Dad is a retired Cop and I’m a veteran that being said…I am very sick too my stomach of the cops taking the side of the politicians. This is two in one week. This man did nothing to be taken out and arrested. No matter what side of the isle you are on you should be alerted to this abuse of power. Sick and disgraceful.

hmfearny on August 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Do I remember Sonny Jurgensen!!!!! While I was getting his autograph once he asked if anyone was a member of the six pack for lunch bunch. My husband (then boyfriend) thought it was a come on but I think it was just a general question to those around at the moment. It was almost all I could do not hold Coach Allen against Sen. Allen.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 9:07 PM