Quote of the day

posted at 10:00 pm on August 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Full transcript here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I think the world of that man. And don’t even get me started on Liz. Who wouldn’t like to see either one of them have an open debate with Obama.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Thank you for telling it the way it is, Mr. Cheney.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I love Dick.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Cheney to dumbocrats:
“Go F^ck yourselves”
This guy would have been Reagan II.

Lanceman on August 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM

It was a good interview and I know that V.P. Cheney will always treat the work of the Bush administration with respect. Even when his opinion did not win the argument.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM

“The results speak for themselves.”

Yes they do, Mr. Vice President………

……… Thank you for keeping my family and I safe.

I also have serious doubts about Obama’s ability to defend this nation……..

……. or if he even wants to.

Seven Percent Solution on August 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I love Dick.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

That’s what sh… oh dammit, that’s way too easy. I apologize.

Red Cloud on August 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I think many of us belong to Obama’s “Not A Fan” club.

protonspinner on August 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Always on target and not ashamed to be a proud American…heard him speak at two CPAC dinners and outstanding both times….tough and honest…as I imagine our founding fathers were…

DCJeff on August 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Sometimes I wonder how events would have transpired had it been Cheney/Bush instead of Bush/Cheney.

TheQuestion on August 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

I love Dick.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

So do…nah, not going there.

Anyway, Obama went back on his word. Big surprise. And of course Obama’s soft on national security.

JetBoy on August 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Would Obama be better or worse then Edwards in 2004? I’m thinking worse, what with the uhms and ahs. Perhaps more importantly Edwards is a better liar then Obama.

18-1 on August 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Dick Cheney:

The thing I keep coming back to time and time again, Chris, is the fact that we’ve gone for eight years without another attack. Now, how do you explain that?

The critics don’t have any solution for that. They can criticize our policies, our way of doing business, but the results speak for themselves.

Indeed. Very well done. Thank you and GW for protecting our country. Thank you very, very much.

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

To me, it is almost like the Obama Adminstration would not mind a terrorist attack so that they could implement their sick, sick ideas of taking over the media, the economy, our guns, our Bibles, and all of our freedoms.

mobydutch on August 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

History has a funny way of proving that strong leadership always works…the reverse is also true.

d1carter on August 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

im no fan either.

moonbatkiller on August 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Most of them probably won’t admit it, but a lot of Dems are going to miss Cheney when he’s gone. Old school, badass evil-monger who can push all their right buttons? They’ll be wistfully reminiscing to future libs about back in the day when they took on Darth Cheney.

Christien on August 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM

“The fact we’ve gone for eight years without another attack…how do you explain that?”

Democrat policies of peace and love, that’s how. /sarc

Liam on August 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM

What a Patriot! He calls it like he sees it. Now that is “gravitas” with a capital G. A class act and a glaring contrast.

indypat on August 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM

We need to hear from Dick more often!

“I’m not a fan” BRILLIANT!

rebuzz on August 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I love Dick.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

That you Barney Fwank.

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Palin/Cheney 2012: Return to the undisclosed location

Give ‘em hell, Dick Mr. Vice President.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on August 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I love Dick.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

That’s what sh… oh dammit, that’s way too easy. I apologize.

Red Cloud on August 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM

lol i was gonna say the same fracking thing

blatantblue on August 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

So Cheney has doubts about Obamas will to defend the nation. I would say that is an gross understatement since I have maintained before and after the election that Obama would strive to make us defenseless opening the door for another successful major terrorist attack against our nation. /I hope I’m wrong

docdave on August 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I was once in the same room as Dick Cheney…*sighs*

Emily M. on August 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Good ol’ fashioned cowboy diplomacy. Works every time.
When reason fails, force prevails.

Lanceman on August 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

How refreshing and rare to hear a politician speak honestly about how he feels.

Susanboo on August 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

The thing I like best about Dick Cheney is he can articulate both policy and principle without need of notes or prompting. He speaks clearly, offering sensible direct answers, and he challenges those points of view with which he disagrees.

Plain spoken, no nonsense, get-r-done attitude.

Skandia Recluse on August 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM

We all know that the reason we are safe today has nothing to do with Bush-Cheney, but because dissent is the highest form of patriotism and any attempt to stifle debate is un-American. Hmmmm….

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I think many of us belong to Obama’s “Not A Fan” club.

protonspinner on August 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

CafePress, stat. That’s begging for a T-shirt or bumper sticker.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on August 30, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Too bad Cheney was seen as so divisive. It would have been great if he ran in 2008.

Oh well. Maybe with these interviews he is giving hints to the next set of runners so they can carry the torch in 2012.

texasconserv on August 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I love Dick.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

So. Do. I.

Knucklehead on August 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I actually know how the critics answer the fact that we haven’ been hit in 8 years.

Critic: 9/11 was a one-off. It was a lucky strike. There is no real terrorits threat!

OR

Critic: 9/11 was an inside job!!!! FIRE DOESN’T MELT STEEL!!!!!!!!!

Of course, they would have been all over Bush and co. if the islamonazis had hit us again.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM

TheQuestion on August 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Iran would be free, Israel would be from Jordan to the sea.
OBL would be playing the pineapple, See: “Little Nicky“.

One could Dream.
As it was Liberator of 50 Million was still good in Bush/Cheney

tjexcite on August 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM

In answer to another question along the lines of
“Looking back do you think it was a mistake knowing that the Obama administration would negotiate with Iran was it a mistake to not take out their nuclear program?”

Cheney said and I paraphrase ” It is hard to say, at this point in time, suffice it to say it wasn’t my call to make!”

I think we had the Pres., Vice Pres rolls backwards, had they been reversed we would never had gotten Pinnochio for Presidente

dhunter on August 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM

So. Do. I.

Knucklehead on August 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM

..hey!

blatantblue on August 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Darth Cheney is getting mad … really mad. He knows exactly what’s going on and he’s sounding the warning. He hasn’t gone full tilt on the fact that The Precedent, and his Washington junta, are engaged in an active war against the United States, but eventually that situation is going to be the main discussion. This treasonous administration’s attack against our defense infrastructure cannot be allowed to continue very much longer.

progressoverpeace on August 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Respect.

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Cheney is probably the last of the great American statesmen. Obama and the Dems would rather see America lose a war and half a million of us than take an action to defend the country as a whole. The only time a lib will fight is to preserve liberal power. All else is an inconvenient truth.

Never forget Reid: “The war is lost.”

That’s a statement of the Democrat Party more than “I never had sex with that woman” or “I like jokes about Chappaqudick.”

Liam on August 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM

There is no need to attack as we are no longer the enemy. O has alienated our allies, embraced our foes, and sold us out publicly and privately to ensure no attack happens on his watch to wake Americans to action. I hope I am wrong, too.

califdreamnred on August 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I can’t wait for the book I would pay now and pay Dearly for an autographed copy when it comes out!

dhunter on August 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Not to be the foreign object in the punchbowl but I don’t care for the sort of utilitarian defense of the terror policies, the “Well, it worked” argument”.

The VP needs to give – again and again and again – the moral and legal rationales for the policies. That is the moral harm done by not enacting the policies was greater than any moral harm done, as viewed by critics, by not using them.

And that legally as well the top experts in the Administration closely monitored the policies and viewed them as within the law.

The moral and legal justification.

Again, the “they worked” response is good but it gets us only so far.

SteveMG on August 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Someone go yank Upstater’s chain.

Lanceman on August 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Nothing to disagree with there…in fact, I think the man was being very polite, especially regarding the Dems approach to national security.

AUINSC on August 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

The Cheney’s – both Dick and Laura, are National Treasures.

Just because some do not agree with their message does not make their message wrong.

Tell it like it is!

USCitizen on August 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I love Dick.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

So. Do. I.

Knucklehead on August 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Dear Knucklehead: There’s something I’d like to discuss with you privately.

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Cheney was born with gravitas. i love how he takes these chumps to task and exposes how weak they are.

exceller on August 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

The stress of this whole ordeal does not look good on Dick Cheney. Obama shame on you entirely for the pain you alone are causing.

fourdeucer on August 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I was born when Truman was in office so I’ve lived through 12 Presidents so far. Twelve out of forty four!!!

It is amazing to me that this President is in office! Carter was bad but not malevolent like Obama. However, I do believe that he is a puppet being run by committee because he is just not that smart.

Vince on August 30, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

If Hornetsting and Madison get here soon I see this thread going to he!! in a hand basket in two seconds flat. Not that there is anything wrong with that. LOL!!

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Someone go yank Upstater’s chain.

Lanceman on August 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Maybe it’s plugged up and he needs a plumber’s helper!

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM

America needs a lot more men like Vice-President Cheney, and many more families like his. It needs to stop elevating “men” like Ted Kennedy, and families like his.

Thank you, Mr. Cheney, for all you’ve done for this country!

red winger on August 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 10:26 PM

You ain’t just whistlin’ Dixie, sweetie. Although I prefer the Gang having fun to the long-winded Trolls that have been hijacking Threads lately.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

When we get hit again, everybody’s going to wish this guy was still in charge.

AZCoyote on August 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Maybe it’s plugged up and he needs a plumber’s helper!

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Don’t look at me. I don’t show butt cleavage when I bend over.
And I don’t have a name patch that says ‘Floyd’.
And I don’t bowl.

Lanceman on August 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Great timing by Cheney. Tomorrow, Monday, is the last day of August, and if Gibbsy or another administration stooge reacts, it’ll set the tone post-recess.

Christien on August 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I see this thread going to he!! in a hand basket in two seconds flat.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Stick with me, my darling, and it won’t be hell. I’ll take you to heaven. But I am sorry, the journey won’t be over in two seconds, and it won’t be flat, like it is with some other little posters here who shall remain nameless.

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

He sound (and looks) better than ever to me.

SouthernGent on August 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

califdreamnred on August 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Actually, now is the time the enemy wants most to attack. Islamofascists are highly sexist and patriarchal. They see weakness, they’ll exploit it.

The hostages in Teheran in 1981 weren’t freed by a deal between Iran and Reagan. The Iranians were terrified Reagan would send in the entire US military to get our people. The mullahs over there had NO respect for Carter at all. He was weak and still is, and Islamists don’t respect a weak man.

A strong man in the White House terrifies them. And Obama isn’t one of such.

Liam on August 30, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Yup, and even with a busy day tomorrow I’d stay up for that.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM

It warms the heart to see and hear a politician speak honestly and truthfully. Vice-president Cheney has a very special place in the hearts of patriotic Americans.

And I’m no fan of Obama either; in fact, he’s the one person in the world who makes me upset and in a #$&*@ state each time I read about him speaking untruths. (Has he ever spoken the truth? Any truth at all?)

I bet Obama is no fan of Dick Cheney for the simple reason that O is not patriotic nor does he love America at all.

mz.josephine on August 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I’ve got a feevah – and the only prescription is more Cheney.

TxAnn56 on August 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM

“Borrowed from another thread:

Quoting Wyatt Earp from the movie Tombstone, “You’ve called down the thunder, well now you’ve got it!…..You tell ‘em I’m coming! And Hell’s coming with me you hear! Hell’s coming with me!”

I wonder whats’ in the Book?

dhunter on August 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Stick with me, my darling, and it won’t be hell. I’ll take you to heaven. Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

And so it begins.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

You have to love the people here. Trolls don’t stand a chance.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM

the long-winded Trolls that have been hijacking Threads lately.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Thanks for the confirmation on that.
I thought I was just seeing things.
That puke simplesimon really needs to go. Nothing pertinent to add to any thread, just inflammatory hogwash.

Lanceman on August 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Pretty bold talk for a …, Well never mind. :)

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Waaalll now…Johnny Ringo…
See! Now you’ve got me started. Sorry.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Can you imagine Dick Cheney bowing to the Saudi king the way that pantywaist Obama did?

Still makes me sick every time I think of it.

AZCoyote on August 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I haven’t been hijacking threads lately. I’m not a troll. And I’m sorry if it bothers you that my post is so much longer than yours.

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Cheney is an honest, straightforward man. My only disagreement with some who have praised him here is use of the “Darth Cheney” or “badass” meme.

It shows how weak we have become, and how lily-livered our so-called “leaders” have become, that someone who is patriotic and direct in words and action has to be considered unusual and given clever nicknames. Sad.

Frankly, we’d have been much better off if he had been President and Bush had been V.P. We’d sure as hell be better off if Cheney was in the Oval Office now instead of Osama Obama.

Unless drastic changes are made — impeachment would be a good start — I fear we will see one or more attacks on U.S. soil during the Child-Presidents’ regime.

MrScribbler on August 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Liam on August 30, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Something’s different…Honduras, Chavez, Iran, going after the CIA, dealing with NK, Ramadan messages, appearing on Al-Jazzera, etc, this guy is openly and privately engaging them and I can’t think of any other reason then to join them while destroying us from within.

If we bow out of Afghanistan…

califdreamnred on August 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Dear Knucklehead: There’s something I’d like to discuss with you privately.

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Speak now or forever hold your piece.

Knucklehead on August 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM

dhunter on August 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Cheney was always the grownup in the room, not to mention the real fiscal conservative.

rockmom on August 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Thank you aquaforce, I needed a laugh. Too bad Obama is not the man that Cheney is.

TXMomof3 on August 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Somebody should do a red/blue Photoshop with Cheney in lieu of Obama and “NOTAFAN” instead of “HOPE.”

Christien on August 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

B.O. fears Dick!

pilamaye on August 30, 2009 at 10:41 PM

progressoverpeace on August 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Not a man I’d want upset with me. Does make you feel good that men like that are on our side.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I never received any complaints…about my posting.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Gosh. I miss having grown ups in charge of the country.

bitsy on August 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM

califdreamnred on August 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Time to get out of Afghanistan. Dems have no will to win, so we’re just killing our own troops–the worst kind of ‘friendly fire’.

Honduras went by its constitution, and so we’re calling it a coup and cutting off aid to them. No, I’m not for sending our wealth overseas, but the decision by the Dems to call something what it isn’t says all.

Our real enemies aren’t outside the country. They’re in Congress and the White House, an entire political party.

Liam on August 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM

WALLACE: This is your first interview since Attorney General Holder named a prosecutor to investigate possible CIA abuses of terror detainees.
—————
CH:What do you think of that decision?
==========

CHENEY: I think it’s a terrible decision. President Obama made the announcement some weeks ago that this would not happen, that his administration would not go back and look at or try to prosecute CIA personnel. And the effort now is based upon the inspector general’s report that was sent to the Justice Department five years ago, was completely reviewed by the Justice Department in years past.

Now how did that go,from Obama!

Looking ahead into the future and distancing from the past is … Not only USA, the world at large will be witnessing a new beginning in November when the … Whether Obama or Clinton gets elected the poor, the disadvantaged and the …

canopfor on August 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Hey, HousonRight-12 days!

TXMomof3 on August 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I think 2010 is going to be harder on Democrats than anyone imagines. They are practically begging voters to boot them out, and I don’t mean just red-state voters.

VP Cheney has to keep this up.

Tyrone Slothrop on August 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I’ve got a feevah – and the only prescription is more Cheney.

TxAnn56 on August 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Do you mean more Liz Cheney as a Representative in Congress?

terryannonline on August 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

B.O. fears Dick!

pilamaye on August 30, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I don’t, the bigger the better.

Knucklehead on August 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I love that man Dick Cheney.

onlineanalyst on August 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

TXMomof3 on August 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Hey, where ya been? Could have used so back up over in the She-Porter thread. Not to worry we took care of em.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Speak now or forever hold your piece.

Knucklehead on August 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Okay. I’ll meat you at BB’s.

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM

You’d better get there before Blue does.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM

I never received any complaints…about my posting.

kingsjester on August 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I have always honored the noble calling of celibacy. Good for you.

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM

I have been gearing up for a new week. Are you excited yet?

TXMomof3 on August 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Liam on August 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM

True dat! Let’s get after ‘em.

califdreamnred on August 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Speak now or forever hold your piece.

Knucklehead on August 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Okay. I’ll meat you at BB’s.

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM

OK guys a little too much male bonding going on. Tell BB he no longer can sleep on my couch in DC.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Okay. I’ll meat you at BB’s.

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM

hummmm

katy on August 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Dick Cheney:

Because the jihadists recognized and respected a strong horse.

Now, with Obama “soft power” guiding our security, not so much.

onlineanalyst on August 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I think Knucklehead is a girl.

TXMomof3 on August 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I have been gearing up for a new week. Are you excited yet?

TXMomof3 on August 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Are you kidding me. My wife has us going to Austin next week just as a warm up. You know when you get old you need to stretch alittle before the game.

HoustonRight on August 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

OMG, Obama is such a whiney simpering man-child compared to DC. The contrast could not be more stark.

kg598301 on August 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM