Liberal Fallout Zones

posted at 9:35 am on August 29, 2009 by Anita MonCrief

In Northeast Washington, DC off Minnesota Avenue a neighborhood sits tucked between the entrance ramps to 295 North and South. The four story buildings line a one way street that loops around in a circle. Residents of these buildings call the complex “Paradise.” But in reality, this area is another liberal fallout zone. Instead of Nuclear disaster areas like Chernobyl in Russia, liberals in America have created desolate areas where the harm from their bombs (social programs) manifests itself as crime, hopelessness and generational poverty.

In an article written over 20 years ago Time magazine touched upon an issue that seemed epic at the time during the era of crack cocaine:

“…No one seriously thought the inner city could be transformed overnight. But few were cynical enough to envision what actually happened: an entire generation would pass as life in the black ghettos of a rich nation went from bad to almost unimaginably worse.

‘You tell me what went wrong,’ asks Jonas Walker, 33, at the end of another long summer’s day of hanging out on a street corner in Liberty City, a ghetto north of downtown Miami. ‘We got civil rights, we got welfare,’ he says. ‘But look around here.’ For emphasis, he kicks at a pile of empty beer cans littering the sidewalk.”

The emphasis added in the quote is mine and America’s current crisis is interrelated with the plight of urban area. The current situation in America’s poor neighborhoods illustrates the perpetuity of this downward spiral.

Johnson’s “Great Society” included historic civil rights advances but history has shown that Democrats have a tendency to attach riders to any attempts toward racial progress. Welfare and other social programs like subsidized housing created a dependency on the government that has crippled the ability of these urban areas to survive.

For instance, subsided housing provided by the government – commonly known as the “projects” – sprung up all over America after civil rights advances. Poor minorities were told where to live, how many to a household while the government doled out just enough money to keep some of the building from falling apart. During this same period a number of organizations inspired by the Cloward Pivan Strategy sprang up with the intent to add even more people to the welfare rolls.

“Cloward-Piven is a strategy for forcing political change through orchestrated crisis.

The strategy was first proposed in 1966 by Columbia University political scientists Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven as a plan to bankrupt the welfare system and produce radical change. Sometimes known as the ‘crisis strategy’ or the ‘flood-the-rolls,’ bankrupt-the-cities strategy,” the Cloward-Piven approach called for swamping the welfare rolls with new applicants – more than the system could bear. It was hoped that the resulting economic collapse would lead to political turmoil and ultimately socialism.”

As the health care debate rages on across the country, American are waking to the realization that the same people who tested those social programs on minorities and the poor are now poised to unleash their new “test to the system” on a national scale. Bill and Hillary Clinton allowed their activist connections to influence their decisions on the Community Reinvestment Act and Universal Health care in the 90′s. Now, the first community organizer to become President has employed strategies and tactics that can be traced to the early organizing of the welfare movement.

If the state of America’s urban areas is any indication, most of the money for these so-called social programs never reached the people it was intended to help. This raises the question as to why, after 40 years of attempts to fix one sector of America’s population, do liberals think that more failed programs are the answer? The answer may lie in the fact that the opportunity that liberals see on the horizon only comes once in a generation, and they are attempting a drastic social change.

Poverty is big business and a predicate for class warfare intended to perpetuate political power in the masters of that big business. In the current climate special interest groups are writing bills and influencing votes amid a huge liberal spending binge. People have tolerated the blighted urban areas; some lived there, while others drove by. But can America afford a fallout area that covers most of the country? Can we bounce back after the failed public healthcare system joins the graveyard of welfare, social security, cash for clunkers and so many others?

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Conservatism is against honoring military service with education benefits and such?

The GI Bill definitely was a “liberal” program. That was why I used it as an example.

That’s all it is, illustrative of the best of liberal thinking.

I think we’ve also learned that pre-school education really can make a huge difference. Headstart is a great program. I was sorry to see it gutted. It raised reading scores. It honestly worked.

I think we can all evaluate programs in hindsight and get out of the box thinking. If it works, keep it!

I’d put the CIA story into this category. I agree with Cheney that, flawed as it may be (and I don’t think the torture stuff was smart), the fact is that upping our focus on these activities was smart government. I see the liberals tossing it out, due to a political wind blowing.

That, I would argue, is boxed-in thinking and foolish.

Ditto for throwing out everything about liberal programs. Some of them really have added value to society.
AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Again, one might want to look up and learn from history! The GI bill was sponsored by Republicans not democrats!

Harry W. Colmery, a World War I veteran and the former RNC chairman, wrote the first draft of the G.I. Bill.[1][2] He reportedly jotted down his ideas on stationery and a napkin at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC. U.S. Senator Ernest McFarland was actively involved in the bill’s passage and is known, with Warren Atherton, as one of the “fathers of the G.I. Bill.” One might then term Edith Nourse Rogers, R-Mass., who helped write and who co-sponsored the legislation as the “mother of the G.I. Bill”. Like Colmery, her contribution to writing and passing this legislation has been obscured by time.

xler8bmw on August 29, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I had the exact same experience. The calls from pro bono clients who didn’t pay for, and therefore didn’t respect, the lawyer’s time were constant, usually rambling, and frequently morphed into requests for the lawyer to handle a litany of other non-legal problems. We finally were forced to switch the focus of our pro bono practice.

LASue on August 29, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I volunteer extensively. What’s happened is that I’ve come to understand that we have a much bigger issue with mental illness in this country than we’ve acknowledged.

I have felt in my little volunteerism stuff that I really should have taken a lot more psyche in college. I’ve learned, but man, it’s been truly challenging.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Because without these programs, and continued poverty, their ideology would be devoid of need. Their presence in government dealings would be unnecessary. Their very existence, would not be needed. Keep em poor, and keep the power. If only those recipients of these social programs, would wake up and see this for themselves. You’re not poor because of conservative ideology. You’re poor because certain people want, and need you to be, to protect their very existence.

capejasmine on August 29, 2009 at 12:09 PM

ANNCA

News Flash! since 1913 there has been an overwhelming majority in congress 30 democrat to 17 republican party in ruling congress . That should answer why the country is in the state it is in!

xler8bmw on August 29, 2009 at 12:09 PM

One of their arguments for Red Med is that U.S. life expectancy is lower than a few other countries. But among the main reasons for that are the higher murder rate here and the high-fat diet of inner-city poor people, both of which are legacies of the Great Society.

whitetop on August 29, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I trust you on that one. I also think that the GOP and Dems weren’t so divided then, either.

I don’t doubt the authorship.

I still don’t think that blasts my point away. A lot of these posts suggest that any tax money to support programs for people is unconstitutional.

Some of these posters would have disowned that GOP proposal in a heartbeat, no?

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:09 PM

BuckeyeSam on August 29, 2009 at 9:50 AM

My RN cousin describes similar horror stories of the demands made by Medicaid patients in the hospital where she works.

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I don’t doubt the authorship.

Some of these posters would have disowned that GOP proposal in a heartbeat, no?

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:09 PM

They are UNCONSTITUIONAL!

While on the subject of the Constitution, while most misinformed people believe that the core of rights contained therein is in the Bill of Rights, the real core of rights is Article I, Section 8, the powers of Congress which, when coupled with the 10th Amendment, essentially says that the Federal government cannot do anything unless it is on that list, or covered by an Amendment (such as the income tax, covered by he 16th Amendment). So, unconstitutional are:

Social Security
Medicare
Medicaid
Food Stamps
Public Housing
Welfare programs
EPA/environmental regulations
OSHA/workplace safety regulations
Wagner Act (forced negotiations with unions)
Minimum wage
Child labor laws
Product liability laws
Anti-discrimination laws (at least by non-government entities)
And I could go on…

If the democrat party had any interest in enforcing the Constitution, they would demand every one of these be eliminated immediately, period. Fat chance.

xler8bmw on August 29, 2009 at 12:13 PM

As usual, Anita nails it.

nor on August 29, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Makes sense to me. When you’re on some kind of “poor” program, it makes sense to question if you’re being treated fairly.

Look at the number of stories about poor service to people who have to have a public defender.

I can understand that people think “fighting” for their due is the way to go. Stupid? Yep. But then, if they were astute about such stuff? I doubt they’d be in that position.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:17 PM

And I could go on…

xler8bmw on August 29, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I respect your opinion. However, it feels a bit like 18th century stuff.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:19 PM

This whole thing just makes me sick………..and the Prez we have, Fascist Revolutionary that he is………….we are in BIG trouble………America, we better open our eyes fast….

Cinday Blackburn on August 29, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I respect your opinion. However, it feels a bit like 18th century stuff.

AnninCA, what you’re not getting is that all of these things: welfare, food stamps, public housing, etc. are acceptable to conservatives at the state
level.

The problem is when these programs are forced upon the public at the federal level. That’s unconstitutional.

Conservatives believe that the people in any given state can vote to enact any of those social welfare programs. The people can vote in a state-wide “universal” health care system. The people can vote in gay marriage. Etc. Conservatives may not agree with these concepts, but that’s a different story.

I’m a recovering Liberal. Once I got my head around states rights and the 10th ammendement I was well on my way to recognizing the common benefits of conservative philosophy.

visions on August 29, 2009 at 12:27 PM

xler8bmw
You’ve got your work cut out for you….your 12:13 post ‘splains it all, but we wouldn’t want to let facts get in the way of our fantacies and feelings. Good luck with Ann.

24K lady on August 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM

we are in BIG trouble

Here’s the legitimate answer to you. Like we weren’t in big trouble before?

Please. Our economy crashed. Pensions have been lost. People’s lives have been wrecked beyond what we even yet know.

It was already wrecked.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Undeniable facts:

Poor are more likely to vote for a Democrat than for a Republican.

The more numerous the poor, the more votes Democrats will receive.

Poor areas are more likely to be governed by Democrats.

Undeniable conclusion:

Democrats need people to remain poor to maintain power.

AaronGuzman on August 29, 2009 at 12:29 PM

level.

I think the state argument cost is very legitimate.

Constitutional? No. That’s just too purist for me.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM

There are few poor people in America to start with. Poor in America means rich to half of this world. Of the “poor” that receive help in America less than 10% really deserve it.

Jeff from WI on August 29, 2009 at 12:33 PM

xler8bmw on August 29, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I respect your opinion. However, it feels a bit like 18th century stuff.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Constitutional? No. That’s just too purist for me.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Annin does not believe in the Constitution.

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Here is a bit of liberal thinking for all of you. I moved to So. Cal. over 25 years ago. At the time, I came from the Midwest. I was used to community activities that were basically free. Fabulous libraries. I was not a rich young mom, but I think my son had a rich life. We’d hit the library and he could recite the latest award-winning book by heart. He loved it.

Out in So. Cal? It was all about privatization. My gosh, it was odd. Everytime I got a raise, it went immediately into spending on basic services. I was amazed at the conspicuous wealth here, too. Everyone was driving a Mercedes, it seemed.

Today, CA is broke. They are literally holding a garage sale today.

There’s a part of me which is not surprised. The values were upside down here. They didn’t invest in people. They invested in investments.

It failed.

So some parts of contemporary conservative thinking I simply have seen don’t work.

I do keep reading and listening. I think there’s true conservativism. And then there’s the current version, which doesn’t really always make sense to me.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I respect your opinion. However, it feels a bit like 18th century stuff.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:19 PM

WHAT???? That is what the founders set forth for this country we have laws that are not being followed again, please educate yourself on what this country is about! This country is about “Equal Opportunity NOT Equal Results”!

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights”

Is the above to 18th century as well?????

xler8bmw on August 29, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Obviously, I respect the midwestern version of conservatism more than the Reagan California version.

BTW, Obama sounds stupid in the eulogy. On this we’ll agree, right? *haha

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM

24K lady on August 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM

FACTS ARE PESKY THINGS! LOL

xler8bmw on August 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Oh man, Obama is totally blowing this one!

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:41 PM

There is one big difference between the GI bill and liberal social programs. The GI bill is not free. You have to serve your country to get it.

MissBean on August 29, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Oh boy, Obama totally blew the eulogy.

Ted Kennedy Jr. gave a fabulous eulogy. Obama blew it, guys.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Annin so Cali did not invest in people?

According to the NCES, California spent $7,552 per student in 2002-03. The national median was $7,574.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/10/EDGDLD5MH81.DTL#ixzz0Paiqyr9u

California’s come a long way from its 1960 goal of free college for all its residents. Technically, in-state students admitted to the prestigious 10-campus system still pay zero tuition. But assorted fees that once were minimal are creeping up, which some consider a costly mistake.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/08/18/state/n103312D06.DTL#ixzz0PajNkiMC

I tire of the lies and distortions

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Well, the GOP blocked a reintroduction.

Tough vote. Nobody wants to be against the military. But none of us want a return to the post-Viet-Nam war days, either, where loads of people just took the money, dropped classes and smoked dope.

WWII guys were totally grateful for the opportunity.

I’m not so sure today’s generation has that character.

BTW….Obama’s eulogy totally didn’t make sense!

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Omigosh, I can’t believe how bad the Obama eulogy was, other than the reality prevailed.

They didn’t really even know one another.

It was a complete “head” eulogy.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Has Obama ever made sense?

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Has Obama ever made sense?

not to me

but don’t get too excited, neither did Reagan to me

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:53 PM

but don’t get too excited, neither did Reagan to me

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Nothing about you excites me.So no problem

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 12:53 PM

***
Some of the federally (taxpayer) supported help programs have worked out very well. Examples are the G.I. Bill for education, Student Loan programs, and–with the older sane lending policies–FHA and Veteran’s home loan programs.
***
The key to good programs is that they require payback from the recipients, and that they require investment of some of the recipients own money. Think 15 percent “up front” cash, valid social security number, U.S. residency, and passing rational credit checks for home loans.
***
The Freddie Mac / Fanny Mae problems that got us into the current financial mess were caused by eliminating these “sanity checks”.
***
John Bibb
***

rocketman on August 29, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Seriously, that eulogy was BAD!

LOL*

Really, really revealing. He didn’t even know Ted.

It so showed.

It was like American Idol meets another idol.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Nothing about you excites me.So no proble

OK by me.

I don’t even recognize your moniker.

Really, I’m one who responds to ideas a lot more than handles.

I never take offense if some don’t like me.

I just don’t quite relate, since I rarely pay attention to any of you on a personal level.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:56 PM

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM

They voted against it because of all the other crap 2 million in PORK as well as payout was determined by time spent in the military that was imposed in the bill. It wasn’t just a GI bill again please get your facts straight and don’t rewrite history to acheive your agenda!

xler8bmw on August 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM

ToAnninCa

Besides your historic inaccuracies about the origins of th GI Bill, to call it as being similar to liberal poverty programs is wildly incorrect. The benefits in the program had been earned by each of the 16 million who served in the armed forces in WW2. That’s right, earned not entitled. Secondly the benefits were defined and limited. College would be paid for, but not grad school or med school unless you already had a college degree.FHA Veteran loans were a one time event. You did not buy a house, sell it and expect the govt to subsidize or guarantee a second house purchase.

As a NYC teacher I have taught kids who were third and fourth generation residents of Queensbridge Houses, America’s largest federal project and one of its poorest. Liberal programs have no time limit or expiration date. The GI attending NYU om the Bill knew this was his chance and afterwards his well being depended on him. Liberal programs have, over the last 70 years, given exactly the opposite message

xkaydet65 on August 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Annin–

but don’t get too excited, neither did Reagan to me

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Just responding to you

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Annin- you never did explain how California did not invest in people. It is quite obvious they did as I demonstrated in the links provided.

Also, explain how the GI Bill or the VA is a social program. You to have to give to get. In your typical social program you receive regardless as the services provided in general are considered rights.

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I didn’t really click your links, but I do agree with your point.

This is the one saving grace of this state.

The dedication to college here is phenomenal.

And many, many people I know have benefited.

So, touche.

The rest?

I’m right.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Also, those who suggest that this is about power puzzle me. This particular group, the poor, do not vote much. It’s a fool’s game if it’s about votes.

So, I don’t buy that one.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 11:28 AM

According to CNN, O’bama got 73% of the vote of those making less than $15,000 a year.

And you conveniently forget that ACORN registered thousands of these voters, in poor neighborhoods.

Del Dolemonte on August 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Does anyone here remember the Black Chicago teacher Marva Collins, who was so appalled at the illiteracy of her student charges that she threw away the “approved” curriculum? She started from scratch, teaching basic phonics to (I believe) middle-school-aged children and fostering them through the reading of Emerson’s “Self Reliance.” Her students’ achievement shot through the roof as they became independent readers and learners.

If I recall correctly, she was harrassed for her methods and eventually began her own schools, based on sound educational practice and the freeing aspect of that resultant genuine learning.

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Just responding to you

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I have no interest in your personal opinions of me.

It simply isn’t relevant.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM

ANNIN= right about what? My fellow cons are ripping you to shreds. In fact you do not know your history and that is quite evident whether it be:

The start of the GI BILL

or

California investing in people

Touche

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Here’s the reality. When you’re dysfunctional? You don’t even remember to vote.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I have no interest in your personal opinions of me.

It simply isn’t relevant.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I have little opinion of you .

That kinda was the point

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Here’s the reality. When you’re dysfunctional? You don’t even remember to vote.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM

What a generalizing laughable piece of work.

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Seriously, that eulogy was BAD!

LOL*

Really, really revealing. He didn’t even know Ted.

It so showed.

It was like American Idol meets another idol.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:54 PM

That’s because there was probably no teleprompter, and because the subject was not Obama’s favorite subject to talk about. Himself!!!

capejasmine on August 29, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Ever been to Gary, Indiana?

It’s like a literal third world country and war zone.

Guess the leadership for the last 30 years.

MadisonConservative on August 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM

As someone who was born and lived in inner city NYC I can attest to this damage that has been wrought by leftist policies.

Frank Lucas, the notorious Harlem heroin kingpin, whose life was dramatized in the movie American Gangster, whom dominated the heroin trade for many years, was asked in an interview why he thought he had been so successful.

He said it was easy to hook hundreds of thousands of people across every innercity in the country becasue of what he called the culture of dependance that arose from LBJ’s “great society”.

He says that before the leftist programs of the great society, the poor struggled and had to worry about feeding, sheltering, clothing, educating their families but those activities caused people to strive to live and have pride in who they were and in their communities. But he said, that all changed overnight and it left the individual despondent. Knowing that all of his needs were fulfilled the individual spirit dies and he seeks escape.

Lucas said he took advantage of that despondency and hooked millions of people on pure heroin to give them an escape from the emptiness.

Heroin was then replaced by crack. Frank Lucas thinks he would never have been so successful without the soul crushing policies of the leftists.

elduende on August 29, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Rooting around to locate further information about Marva Collins at ask.com, I found this YouTube of one of her students reciting the “Marva Collins Creed.” More students of all abilities, races, and ethnic groups should hear of her uplifting philosophy of personal responsibility and choice.

Marva Collins is the type of educator who should be shaping educational policy. Check out other information about her and the preparatory school that she founded.

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2009 at 1:15 PM

The start of the GI BILL

or

California investing in people

Touche

Oh goodness, you really think on-line stuff is relevant.

Not me.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I have little opinion of you .

That kinda was the point

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Don’t fret. I don’t care.

It’s nothing to comment upon.

I absolutely have no investment in what you think. So there’s no reason to explain yourself or your opposition opinions.

It is definitely not personal to me.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Outstanding work. Thanks, Anita.

PhoenixUniversal on August 29, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I think it’s because it was phony. What’s ironic to me?

They chose him to give the eulogy? Someone who truly doesn’t even know him, but it’s all about partisan politics?

Says it all about Ted’s life.

Rather sad. That was one boring funeral, btw.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Oh goodness, you really think on-line stuff is relevant.

Not me.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Then why are you online posting??????

xler8bmw on August 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Then why are you online posting??????

Because it was so hyped!

Man, it was truly a bomb, but not in the good way.

It was true transparent. Obama didn’t even have a real relationship with Ted.

Ted picked him to make sure the Clintons didn’t win.

It was way, way obvious.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:28 PM

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 12:17 PM

No, Ann. Are you deliberately misconstruing my point?

My point is that these abusive Medicaid patients constantily press the buzzer for superficial reasons and demand white-glove treatment at the expense of the time and professional expertise of already overworked RNs whose critical-needs patients are neglected in the meantime.

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2009 at 1:30 PM

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:28 PM

WHAT??? I wasn’t asking you about Obama & Ted. I was referring to your post that anyting posted online isn’t relevant. Please try to keep up!

xler8bmw on August 29, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I’d just like to point out the obvious to AnninCA that California is about as hard left a state as its possible to have, and using it as an example of the failure of Republican ideas seems … um… what’s the word… stupid? Too harsh… misguided? Yeah let’s go with that.

Dark Eden on August 29, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM
Here’s the reality. When you’re dysfunctional? You don’t even remember to vote.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM

To solve that problem, Tools for Obama hauled these dysfunctional voters to the polling places by giving them a little –ahem!–”incentive.”

Really, AnninCA, your naivete is astounding for an adult.

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Oh goodness, you really think on-line stuff is relevant.

Not me.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I guess ANNIN keeps trying to prove that she is irrelevant

CWforFreedom on August 29, 2009 at 1:49 PM

however, these tenants didn’t understand why they were evicted because they hadn’t paid their rent in 6 mos. they simply didn’t understand. i was appalled.

kelley in virginia on August 29, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Could you clarify, Kelley, whether they didn’t understand that they were being evicted for not paying their rent, or whether it was because they didn’t understand why they should have to pay rent at all?

OldEnglish on August 29, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I guarantee you that it was the latter. I had a Section Eight tenant whose children thought that they could do what the like in my house. And when I sold the house, they were mad because they had to get out.

This is what the Welfare State and the Mis-education of blacks and others hath wrought. Private property is a foreign concept to too many of these people.

baldilocks on August 29, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I would just like one Liberal to explain to me, without saying “its the moral thing to do”, that I am responsible to help provide food, housing, money and soon health care to someone who refuses to help themselves?

SPIFF1669 on August 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM

A few weeks ago my husband and I took a load of Omaha Beef to a distributor in Baltimore. Turns out the warehouse was located right in the middle of hundreds of row houses. We came in around 2 a.m. on a Monday night/Tuesday morning. There were groups of black people of every age including young children hanging out in every other doorway and corner. (No one has to work in the morning?)There were just blocks and blocks of horribly run-down attached two-story brick “homes”, half of which were boarded up. After parking on the street to wait to unload in the morning, we were startled to hear gunshots shortly after getting in bed. As we thanked God Almighty we were blessed with the fortune of being born in rural Nebraska, the horrible knowledge that so much of this squalor was a direct result of government intervention and “planning” really hit me. I used to wonder to myself why on earth any inner-city mom or dad wouldn’t take the last two pennies they had to rub together to catch a Greyhound and JUST LEAVE.

Cornhusker on August 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM

(whoops) But even being in that environment for a few hours, I could feel the hopelessness. It was in the air. I genuinely feel badly for all the people who live like this thanks to the genius of liberals and cradle-to-grave government interference in those people’s lives. It is just so very, very sad.

Cornhusker on August 29, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Cornhusker on August 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Because they like it there, it’s their preferred lifestyle.
No need to work, let government pay for it all.

Jeff from WI on August 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Cornhusker on August 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I don’t know how long you have been driving, but you were extremely lucky you were not hijacked. There are some destinations, and that sounds like one of them, where you do not arrive before your delivery appointment. Especially given the nature of your cargo. Hunts point in NYC is another one, as are some areas in Miami, or the south side of Chicago.

Also liquor and high value electronics are other loads, but if you talk to your safety department, they will tell you that everything, and anything will be stolen when given the opportunity.

Skandia Recluse on August 29, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Here’s the reality. When you’re dysfunctional? You don’t even remember to vote.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Yes,dear.

Del Dolemonte on August 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Ever been to Gary, Indiana?

It’s like a literal third world country and war zone.

Guess the leadership for the last 30 years.

MadisonConservative on August 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM

What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.

Del Dolemonte on August 29, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Jeff from WI on August 29, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Too true. The third world must laugh at our definition of “poor” when such people are generally known for being fatter than their wealthy counterparts. “Obesity endemic among America’s poor” – well, there’s something wrong right there.

Sharke on August 29, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Ever been to Gary, Indiana?

It’s like a literal third world country and war zone.

Guess the leadership for the last 30 years.

Would it happen to be the same as Flint Michigan?

The Notorious G.O.P on August 30, 2009 at 12:06 AM

A public-dole welfare program is government telling the citizens it will buy all the poverty they care to make. You’d be amazed how much supply of that you can get for an announced bottomless demand like that.

No production, no prosperity. Know production, know prosperity.

Blacksmith on August 30, 2009 at 3:04 AM

This is the one saving grace of this state.

The dedication to college here is phenomenal.

AnninCA on August 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

If it were education, maybe. It’s not. It’s leftist indoctrination. If it were true education (part of which includes “critical thinking”)leftism couldn’t exist. California wouldn’t be in it’s current situation (guess what- worst shape of any state).

Squiggy on August 30, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Ever been to Gary, Indiana?

It’s like a literal third world country and war zone.

Guess the leadership for the last 30 years.

MadisonConservative on August 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM

What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.

Del Dolemonte on August 29, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Actually in Milwaukee, from about 1910 unitl 1940,it was run by not only Democrats, but full blown Socialists.

Jeff from WI on August 30, 2009 at 9:22 AM

look at detroit…a post-apocalyptic hell-hole…but they keep electing democRATs who keep em down…

you all just need to learn to love your oppressor..it’ll be much easier for you….

right4life on August 30, 2009 at 9:42 AM

You know what the next big opportunity, the next cash cow, is for leftists? The “Green Revolution.” I really do think this was promoted by the left to elect Democrats and then to spread around taxpayer dollars to folks like Acorn or Storm for their own revolution.

I remember seeing Leo DiCaprio on Oprah a couple of years ago pumping up the fear in the audience about global warming. “What can we do”? Oprah asked innocently. Leo grinned, “Elect people who will do something about it.”

PattyJ on August 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I find it interesting that cities tend to be the most liberal, yet have the greatest disparity in wealth. I wonder why… liberalism is nothing more than the ideology of power and oppression. Keep the poor people poor and stuck on welfare, instead of giving them independence, a job, and opportunity.

ThomasB. on August 30, 2009 at 1:32 PM

onlineanalyst,
Thank you for the info about Marva Collins – i wouldnt know any thing about her but for you.that youtube link was great as well.

It is AMAZING how dogmatic liberals are – this woman proved that a good education can be given to the worst of students and this could be done outside of the public education system such as the one in Chicago.And she hardly gets ANY attention at all.

how could she? she is not a liberal idealogue who thinks that public schools just need more “funding”…

nagee76 on August 30, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Well, bend over and pick up the cans you lazy basturd. Or just stand there and bitch while congress spends some more of my money for a program to to release some lifer from the local prison to come to your neighborhood and clean up your mess organize the ‘hood to fight whitey.

davidk on August 31, 2009 at 7:34 AM