DBD: For Your Protection

posted at 3:35 pm on August 29, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Earlier this morning, I spent some time perusing old posts in the Captain’s Quarters archive and noticed a strange graphic at the top of my page.  It took me by surprise, since the CapQ site has been closed (or perhaps more accurately, moribund) since I began blogging at Hot Air.  After a moment, I realized that my friend Chris Muir had dropped a delicious and provocative Day by Day entry onto blog sites featuring his daily cartoon:

Senate bill 773 is the Cybersecurity Act of 2009, a very flawed piece of legislation that offers new powers to the executive to regulate private networks on the Internet, without specifically spelling out limits to the powers.   Allahpundit has a good analysis of this from last night, so be sure to read it if you haven’t already.   And if you actually read the bill itself, you’ll be ahead of almost everyone on Capitol Hill.

What amused me most about this is that Chris’ graphic practically self-selects for the kinds of blogs that would feel the pinch of an executive nanny, including my old CapQ.  Chris is pretty clever, which is a good reason (among many) to visit his site every day.

Comments

because i get so much of my news (& life) from the internet, this bill is particularly frightening for me.

kelley in virginia on August 29, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Obamacare has people out there talking revolution.

Senate bill 773 may end up launching one.

pilamaye on August 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM

You know there is a feature in your browser or anti-virus package that detects ‘phishing’ sites? Google likewise displays a warning icon for those search results where the site is known to serve up hacker exploits in an attempt to hijack your browser and your computer.

Technically, it is already possible for the government to display an icon warning you about visiting sites known to be anti-government sites, and track your visits to those sites.

Skandia Recluse on August 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM

The internet is gaining too much influence in the disposition of news and opinion. That is the true reason it threatening to those in power and therefore must be controlled.

d1carter on August 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM

DbD is indeed a daily requirement.

Maquis on August 29, 2009 at 3:43 PM

kelley in virginia on August 29, 2009 at 3:37 PM

That’s the CHANGE the democrats HOPE for.

JustTruth101 on August 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Hey, moderates and independents: how do you like him NOW? Is this the hopey changey YOU wanted? Thanks a lot, you dumba$$e$ for inflicting him upon US to assuage YOUR guilt.

JustTruth101 on August 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I just loathe that symbol. It embodies nothing good. I loathe this administration, for what it’s trying to do, and what it already has done, to a great nation.

capejasmine on August 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM

These kind of actions by this government has led to a disconnect in the minds of the Average American. That is why Glenn Beck’s shows this week drew so many viewers. People are waking up and they’re concerned that their freedoms are being taken away from them.

kingsjester on August 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Yeah, the geeks over at c/net are freaking out at all the ‘outsiders’ commenting on the subject at hand.

The count now stands at 1000+.

The poor dears aren’t used to ‘vistors’, especially ‘politically-inclined’ ones.

CPT. Charles on August 29, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I just loathe that symbol. It embodies nothing good.

capejasmine on August 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Looks like a full moon rising over a river of blood.

Ugly on August 29, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Obama will surely name a CZAR to be in charge. What could go wrong?Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

GarandFan on August 29, 2009 at 3:51 PM

shall appoint as members of the panel representatives of industry, academic, non-profit organizations, interest groups and advocacy organizations, and State and local governments who are qualified to provide advice and information on cybersecurity research, development, demonstrations, education, technology transfer, commercial application, or societal and civil liberty concerns; and

Hmmmmm.

Weight of Glory on August 29, 2009 at 3:53 PM

4(a) CREATION AND SUPPORT OF CYBERSECURITY CENTERS- The Secretary of Commerce shall provide assistance for the creation and support of Regional Cybersecurity Centers for the promotion and implementation of cybersecurity standards. Each Center shall be affiliated with a United States-based nonprofit institution or organization, or consortium thereof, that applies for and is awarded financial assistance under this section.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Weight of Glory on August 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM

The internet is the only media they don’t already control or influence so they have to go after that too. After all a totalitarian regime cannot function without absolute control of the:
1. media – makes sure that only their message is heard
2. healthcare – absolute control over life
3. armament – eliminates chance for rebellion
4. commerce – (see number 2)

docdave on August 29, 2009 at 3:59 PM

(d) ACCEPTANCE OF FUNDS FROM OTHER FEDERAL DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES- In addition to such sums as may be authorized and appropriated to the Secretary and President, or the President’s designee, to operate the Centers program, the Secretary and the President, or the President’s designee, also may accept funds from other Federal departments and agencies for the purpose of providing Federal funds to support Centers. Any Center which is supported with funds which originally came from other Federal departments and agencies shall be selected and operated according to the provisions of this section.

That seems rather open-ended.

Weight of Glory on August 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM

docdave on August 29, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I’m quite sure it’s a little late for #3.

heshtesh on August 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM

0bama seems to want to START a revolution.

Bring it on. The red states will walk all over the blue states.

wildcat84 on August 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM

0bama seems to want to START a revolution.

Bring it on. The red states will walk all over the blue states.

wildcat84 on August 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM

You have a MASSIVE amount of very well armed support ready to join you in the blue states.

Jeff from WI on August 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Just the howling from itunes alone ought to shut this down fast.

anniekc on August 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

0bama seems to want to START a revolution.

Bring it on. The red states will walk all over the blue states.

wildcat84 on August 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM

And there are enough of us conservatives in the Blue States to make them VERY nervous as well… :)

AW1 Tim on August 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

3(a) DESIGNATION- The Department of Commerce shall serve as the clearinghouse of cybersecurity threat and vulnerability information to Federal Government and private sector owned critical infrastructure information systems and networks.

(b) FUNCTIONS- The Secretary of Commerce

5(1) shall have access to all relevant data concerning such networks without regard to any provision of law, regulation, rule, or policy restricting such access;

Umm. No.

Weight of Glory on August 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Each Center shall be affiliated with a United States-based nonprofit institution or organization…

Okay, that clears the way for ACORN and the SEIU. Who else?

MrScribbler on August 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Weight of Glory on August 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Yikes! Thanks for posting those.

becki51758 on August 29, 2009 at 4:17 PM

After what Iran tried to do with internet communications after the “election” how could any patriotic American support this power grab?

Pelayo on August 29, 2009 at 4:22 PM

(7) shall, through the Office of Science and Technology Policy, direct an annual review of all Federal cyber technology research and development investments;

Think John Holdren. Honestly, this seems less like a bill to cover cybersecurity , and more like a bill that completely restructures how the internet is “done” in the united states. From what I’ve read (the first 19 sections) every private business (with a heavy emphasis on even medium and small business) will have to have all of its online activity centralized through the commerce department. It is going to set up “cybersecurity centers” that are going to be well funded and linked up with non-profits. How exactly are small business (employee numbers under 100) critical to the security of the internet and the United States critical infrastructure? This bill, reaches entirely too far and expands the federal bureaucracy in a monstrous sort of way. If bureaucrats in D.C. can’t figure out how to secure the critical infrastructure in this country without establishing thousands of regional “centers” that are funded with billions of dollars, with cyber-authority over business with less than 100 employees, then they need to go back to the drawing board. As far as I’m concerned this bill is a non starter with just that, let alone the “giving the internet to the President” part.

Weight of Glory on August 29, 2009 at 4:25 PM

AAaaargh. Black helicopters!!!! Secret commissions!!! Shadowy dark-skinned conspiracies!! Oh noes!!!! Whatever to do!!!!! Help, someone stole my La-Z-Boy!!!

Grow Fins on August 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

First thin I look at every morning is DBD. I saw this, without any warning, and gullible me was completely taken in. I had to go back and really try to decipher the fine print before I got it. However, I don’t think this really speaks to my gullibility, but my gut belief that Obama would really do this. This was a real shocker.

Old Country Boy on August 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I sense an ill wind blowing. There is a gathering storm over the horizon.

They can only win if we do nothing to stop them. Our elected officials do not fear us enough at the ballot box. Yet. Change them and we then also change those who they can appoint. Those who mean us harm.

Yoop on August 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Help, someone stole my La-Z-Boy!!!

Grow Fins on August 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Just wait for the gubmint ‘recliners for crack rock’ program, the man will take care of you.

thomasaur on August 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Grow Fins on August 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Damn, that’s some funny. I wish I understood it.

TexasDan on August 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM

0bama seems to want to START a revolution.
Bring it on. The red states will walk all over the blue states.
wildcat84 on August 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Jeff from WI on August 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM

There are days, and they grow more frequent, I find myself wishing the Feds would bring it on… and right here in Texas. We were a country when we joined the U.S., first mistake. We were a state when we decided to lay down arms and remain a state after the States Rights War, second mistake.

Yet, you learn to live with your mistakes. But to see our adopted, or adopting — depending on your view — country doing everything it can to tear asunder everything we, together, believed in, I doubt we’ll be repeating our past mistakes should we be called on to defend ouselves.

So, we watch and wait, knowing also we won’t be alone.

TXUS on August 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Grow Fins on August 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

You’ve been buying punctuation in bulk, haven’t you? Don’t those mossback survivalist types buy in bulk, too? Suspicious….

Mr. D on August 29, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Note the use of symbols, like have always been in place under Hitler and Stalin. Next up: slogans and catchwords.

Oh, wait…We’re already there!

“Doing it for Ted!”

Or, more accurately, “Drowning your girlfriend while the wife is at home.”

Liam on August 29, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Another slogan:

Obama: “Working hard at home to wreck America so our international enemies don’t have to.”

Liam on August 29, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Sans the fancy graphic, my old blog had a similar sentiment posted at the top since November 4th, 2008.

LegendHasIt on August 29, 2009 at 4:52 PM

2(f) EXEMPTION FROM FACA SUNSET- Section 14 of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (5 U.S.C. App.) shall not apply to the Advisory Panel.

There doesn’t seem to be a need for this exemption, because section 14 of the Federal Advisory Committee Act allows for the President to extend the activity of an Advisory committee already. Federal advisory committees can only last for 2 years once enacted unless:

such advisory committee is renewed by the President or that officer by appropriate action prior to the expiration of such two-year period; or
(B) in the case of an advisory committee established by an Act of Congress, its duration is otherwise provided for by law.

What this bill does is create an advisory panel that doesn’t end, unless Congress writes a law to end it. I don’t like that at all. The movement should always be in making it difficult for Government to DO things rather than making it difficult for Americans to UNDO things.

Weight of Glory on August 29, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Once Obama enacts his new world order, his first act will be to shut down poorly drawn web comics supportive of the political opposition. That’s exactly what Hitler did when he took power.

e-pirate on August 29, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Offshore your servers and accounts. Maybe Honduras? They’ll need the money.

bbhack on August 29, 2009 at 5:08 PM

e-pirate on August 29, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Nope. But good news was written in newspapers around the world about Germany. And most news was heavily censored and praiseworthy of the Nazis and that all the decisions by the Nazis was good for all Germans. And that anyone who opposed them was crazy and mean and didn’t really love their country.

Tell me if this sounds familiar…

mjk on August 29, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Offshore your servers and accounts. Maybe Honduras? They’ll need the money.

bbhack on August 29, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Heh. Screw them. They can certainly do whatever they want, but I have a right to my opinion.

mjk on August 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM

That was a joke. They don’t have the infrastructure, anyway. But why the hostility?

bbhack on August 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Yoop on August 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM?

This will only work if WE get to pick the candidates we want to elect. Far too often we have to pick the best of the worst. That needs to stop if we are going to make any progress with clipping the wings of central government.

docdave on August 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Obamacare has people out there talking revolution.

Senate bill 773 may end up launching one.

pilamaye on August 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Hackers Unite!

Chaz706 on August 29, 2009 at 5:26 PM

On one hand the very idea of a bill like this scares me, on the other I don’t doubt there might be some occasions when a cyber threat could mean that the internet needed to be shut down. I just do not really trust these guys is all.

I have been reading a book, One Second After, by William R. Forstchen. It is about an EMP attack, scary, very scary.

Terrye on August 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM

0bama seems to want to START a revolution.

wildcat84 on August 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Ding ding ding ding ding. Give that cat a cigar.

Daggett on August 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Looks like a full moon rising over a river of blood.

Ugly on August 29, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Also looks a bit like this.

Ayers =Weatherman. Leader in the Apollo organization that helped write the “Stimulus” bill = co founder of the Weather Underground. Early Weather Underground writings outline an “Audacious” plan to replace American capitalism with Socialism..

I’m sure theres no connection.. pure coincidence.

Itchee Dryback on August 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Terrye on August 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM

There are so many possibilities, and Obama and his Party are doing nothing about it. Too bad, then. I’d like seeing rich Dems like Gore have electricity in their mansions and their limos on the road after an EMP hit.

I decided I will never again support any war this country gets into, no matter the provocation and who is in office. I especially won’t support one with Dems in charge and will go so far as to protest on the streets.

I no longer care if AQ knocks out the entire infrastructure. I will oppose any future war america undertakes, and I especially want us out of Afghanistan and Iraq. the war on terror is over, as Obama says. Bring everyone home now.

And whatever happens after that, happens.

Liam on August 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Terrye on August 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM

That’s the problem. Government at this point is not seen as trustworthy. In emergencies, there is merit in this concept but how to differentiate that from the filthy liar in the White House pulling the plug on the internet because the real story about Obamacare is getting out to the people?

I’m against this because there is always a rational way to do this in real crisis like communications in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11/01 atrocities. It may involve admitting a violation of the law but that would be excused by the preponderance of the merit in doing so. What this proposal does is give the Executive branch a tool to censor dissenting opinion.

highhopes on August 29, 2009 at 5:56 PM

DBD is my second look every day I get on line. Is there a tiny bit of truth of what Glenn, you know the nut, is saying? Just use common sense!
L

letget on August 29, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Anyone up for some internet voting?

Didn’t think so.

Shades of Adam Selene.

Peri Winkle on August 29, 2009 at 6:42 PM

The whole ‘for your protection’ schtick is just too palatable for modern-day Americans. Uncle Sam’s umbrella will keep you safe and dry and you will not be subject to any inconvenience…

For crying out loud! How is this any different than protecting us from contaminated food and untested medications and tissue-paper bumpers, etc. etc. etc.?

Be adults, not children, damn it!

Peri Winkle on August 29, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Liam:

No war? I don’t know, there are a lot of people out there who might want a war with you whether you are interested or not.

Most people did not want to fight AlQaida either, but they declared war on the US and just kept at it until they got our attention.

This book I am reading, The Second After, is about a EMP attack. An Electric-Magnetic Pulse attack. It would not take a huge power to pull something like this off and if and when it happened, the country would come to a screeching halt. No electricity, no comunications, nothing with a computer in it would work. Our food production and distribution system paralyzed.

And it would not take a super power to do it either.

Terrye on August 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Every move you make
Every keystroke you take
Obama wants to be controlling you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every night you stay
Obama wants to be controlling you

Oh, cant you see
He wants you to belong to the sheeple collective Obama we
To control all your life how his heart does ache
With every step you take

Every dollar you make
Every claim you stake
Every keystroke you take
Obama wants to be controlling you

MB4 on August 29, 2009 at 7:14 PM

highhopes:

I think that if there is some virus that infiltrates the system the government will shut it down before they let it paralyze the country.

It would be no different from Martial law.

Terrye on August 29, 2009 at 7:15 PM

And whatever happens after that, happens.

Liam on August 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Pathetic.

Whats your gripe? Just curious.

Itchee Dryback on August 29, 2009 at 7:24 PM

0bama seems to want to START a revolution.

Bring it on. The red states will walk all over the blue states.

wildcat84 on August 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Jeff from WI on August 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I’ve posted before, that the Red Blue thing is really more about Urban versus Rural and Suburban values. Even the Blue states have conservatives out in the burbs, exurbs and the country.

Red State State of Mind on August 29, 2009 at 7:32 PM

DbD is indeed a daily requirement.

Maquis on August 29, 2009 at 3:43 PM

QFT

MirCat on August 29, 2009 at 7:36 PM

BTW, the oceans haven’t turned to blood yet have they? Plagues, pestilence and storms are kinda normal, even earthquakes, but bloody oceans, not so much.

Kissmygrits on August 29, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Hmm, … How does that work, exactly? Congress giving new powers to the executive branch? I thought the powers of the executive branch were all spelled out in the Constitution!!! And then again, where in the Constitution does it grant power to Congress to grant power?

Woody

There is a current wave of freedom being expressed in this great country of ours. We can join that wave in the political arena now or be forced to join it on the battlefield later.

woodcdi on August 29, 2009 at 7:43 PM

DBD is an example of pure brilliance in action.

GT on August 29, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Grow Fins on August 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Ahhh, the joys of being completely, utterly clueless; so much so that you don’t even realize you are being so obvious about it.

Once – just once – I’d like to see Grow Fins post a comment where he actually attempts to explain his point of view logically, instead of posting snark and silliness.

Once.

Here’s an example for you, Grow Fins: I read the sections of the proposed law that Weight of Glory posted earlier. The items he highlights continue to illustrate two basic problems with the law:

* the references to “non-profit organizations” having control over the panel that oversees cybersecurity issues. Without defining the term “non-profit organizations” elsewhere in the bill, a reasonable person would quickly figure out that in the wrong hands, this item could be used to grant so-called “non-profit” groups such as ACORN and SEIU a crony’s role over controlling the use of the Internet. When it comes to previous proposals or actual law and/or policy, the Obama Administration has used these two groups and paid them handsomely, many times. Did not your side of the ideological aisle complain loudly about potential abuses of the USA PATRIOT Act?

* the proposed law attempts to circumvent established law or legal precedent, specifically, by this item: “[The Secretary of Commerce] shall have access to all relevant data concerning such networks without regard to any provision of law, regulation, rule, or policy restricting such access. Can you not even remotely see how many legal issues this one sentence raises, if enacted as law?

C’mon, Grow Fins. Make a logical argument for once. Rebut my comments above, or those of any other poster on this thread, using a logical counter-argument.

Dare ya.

Or else keep snarking and prove yourself a fool.

Wanderlust on August 29, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Looks like a full moon rising over a river of blood.

Ugly on August 29, 2009 at 3:48 PM

It reminds me of the swastika. It’s everywhere on every piece of communication – just like the swastika was.

It gives me the creeps

gophergirl on August 29, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I remember Rush Limbaugh talking about this symbol (I think it was this one) but I never checked it out. It is eerily reminiscent of Nazi symbolism just like he said. Americans are right to be worried. Democrats are going to get something passed be it healthcare, cardcheck, crap and tax, etc. Too many campaign contributors to pay off and power to be sought. Yikes.

Alfresco on August 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Chris Muir, you magnificent b@stard!

eforhan on August 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Whats interesting to me is that the advent of the Internet was driven by Free Enterprise.

There was some initial Government funding back in the days of ARPA net… but the Boards which set the standards for the Net… the folks who made it work… especialy all the Credit Card transactions and internet commerce… had nothing to do with the Government…

Now, because the Government Piggy backed some of its data on the Net, to save money, they want to take control over the fastest largest increase in Human Technology EVAH.

Hmmmm… thinking on it a bit… Smart Grid takes control of Energy. They already own some Car companies. This gives them access to all Networks in the country.

Is there anything left at all that the Federal Government does NOT have some involvement with?

Romeo13 on August 29, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Suddenly, suddenly, the president is concerned about our security. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

mobydutch on August 29, 2009 at 10:30 PM

(b) FUNCTIONS- The Secretary of Commerce

Besides just NO; where does this help with a cyber-emergency? If the power grid is being hacked we already have procedures in place to remove the power grid from any external access. The guys in the control rooms will have to work a bit harder, but it is an emergency.

And how will this stand up to a legal challenge (I am assuming there is a company that will challenge this) since it clearly violates a number of existing laws.

And how do they intend to access these networks “without regard to any provision of law, regulation, rule, or policy restricting such access;”? Are we going to turn-off the firewalls, delete the access-lists, and remove all of the other controls currently in place? Will they use the rumored Microsoft and Cisco “back doors”?

Is there a single congress-critter who understands how the internet, private networks, the power grid, and other “critical infrastructure” networks work. I don’t think so, but they are going to protect us?

jackal40 on August 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM

He who controls information, acquires the power to do what ever they want!
The MSM has become the State Run Media and their begging the Feds to bail them out their financial mess so OB-The-One doesn’t have to worry about them any longer!
So look who they are targeting. The internet and talk radio. They haven’t been heeled yet!

chickasaw42 on August 29, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. No, no and hell no! I don’t trust ANY government to be able to not abuse this.

I wouldn’t even trust myself with this power.

TKSnider on August 29, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Ed,

I miss Captains Quarters too.

unclesmrgol on August 30, 2009 at 12:27 AM

kelley in virginia on August 29, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Make sure you have a radio with short wave bands.

Er, just in case. Good for disasters anyway…both natural and “manmade”.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 30, 2009 at 5:07 AM

What He Is Comfy With….

Just look at His formative background:

Chicago — Corruption and brass knuckles, anyone?

Ivy League — Let us hate the US and increase the welfare state to ruling people instead of merely helping them

Africa — Anger against all whites, AK 47s and a shortage of modern political democracy

And as for us…

Do you see talk radio, the internet, bootstrap success, self sufficiency and civility lurking there? Where is this going? What is he comfy with?

IlikedAUH2O on August 30, 2009 at 7:38 AM

0bama has every appearance of wanting to be an absolute dictator over this country.

All the signs are there. His czars who are acting extra legally. His seizure of GM, Chrysler, banks. His unwillingness to compromise or even debate. His czar who claims the power to “claw back” salaries already earned, authority granted from vapor, not even a law.

And, his “diversity” czar who has every intention of destroying talk radio, the one mass medium dominated by the right, by effectively taxing it out of existence.

The internet is a HUGE threat to Emperor Palpatine 0bama, because while there are plenty of lefty blogs doing well, the blogs of the right are doing just as well, if not better, and it’s a means for us to ORGANIZE.

The “community organizer” does not wish for a real community to be able to organize.

Everything 0bama is doing is in crisis mode. Crisis this, crisis that. Which is why I have no doubt that he anticipates the “crisis” that would trigger this internet control WILL happen, and probably when he desires it.

If our side loses the ability to communicate, how will information about the expected massive ACORN vote fraud in 2010 get out? How will witnesses to incidents like the New Black Panther thuggery at polling places get their video out? How will be be able to counter their bussed in Union Thug/Rentamobs without the ability to communicate?

POLITICAL takeover of communication in this country is effectively the repeal of the 1st Amendment.

And, as a profession Network and Systems Engineer, 0bama will get control of my network (which connects our divisions across several states to each other and to corporate) from my COLD, DEAD, HANDS.

wildcat84 on August 30, 2009 at 7:47 AM

wildcat84 on August 30, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Once he has the Civilian Defense Force, or whatever it may be called, organized into units it is a simple matter to train, find objectives and mobilize. And a seven year old can operate most modern light weapons. THAT is how they can supply the necessary cold, dead hands. Even yours.

I’m glad the MSM looked into all these problems so we can rest secure in the knowledge that all this is stupid paranoia. Ha.

IlikedAUH2O on August 30, 2009 at 8:06 AM

wildcat84 on August 30, 2009 at 7:47 AM

IlikedAUH2O on August 30, 2009 at 8:06 AM

My grandfather’s M1903A3 fought in the Pacific. It can fight again. Nothing quite like the feeling when the bolt closes on a Springfield, unlike any other centerfire rifle.

Because you know you have 5 rounds that you can fire accurately at over 1,500 yards with even moderate practice. You have the confidence that not only what you hit with the heavy .30`06 slug is going to go down on it’s ass, it’s never going to be a problem again. For close range, I have a 12-gauge shotgun.

You get my drift. If Obama goes to this point, of arming his own brownshirts (which no matter what he tries will be VASTLY inferior to the army, and will likely be inferior also to citizen militias as well) and he starts shutting off the internet and seizing private networks, WE WILL BE AT WAR.

And I have no more intention of submitting meekly to an Obama dictatorship than I do the jihadists. They won’t get me without a fight. And I’d imagine many others here feel the same.

You see, libs, we red state born and bred Americans know the Constitution, we know our History, we know our Liberty. We work hard. We also know our firearms, and why the Founders put the Second Amendment in, it was to make sure that we would never be powerless against YOU.

wildcat84 on August 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM

that right Ed, YOU are OBVIOUSLY a dangerous SUBVERSIVE…

an ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!!!!

power to the people!!!!

you just need to get your mind right…one way or the other…welcome to the newly tolerant ameriKKKa

right4life on August 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM

0bama seems to want to START a revolution.

wildcat84 on August 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Obama has started a revolution, to make himself dictator. It is still in the Secret War. (Not what they tried in south east Asia in bombing Cambodia and such without the knowledge of the American people)

He is in the proses of gaining control of the flow of information, and trying to convince us that we are the minority. Hence the AstroTurfing.

we have the advantage of having seen it done before. If we decisively win the secret war, there probably will not be a shooting war.

Fight the good fight now, and prepare yourself for a shooting war later.

Slowburn on August 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM

This Obama propaganda art creeps me out!

MCGIRV on August 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

That’s a nice internet site you got there. It would be a shame if something happened to it. [/obama]

jukin on August 30, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Chris Muir, you magnificent b@stard!

eforhan on August 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I wonder what Karl Rove might have to say about his being dethroned. After all, he was the first.

platypus on August 30, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Everyone seems to look forward to the 2010 elections. If the Americans don’t get a handle on this mess (very soon), we can kiss the 2010 elections good-bye. There will be no electoral process!!!!

mobydutch on August 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM