Video: A little union astroturfing in New York

posted at 4:10 pm on August 28, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Via Gateway Pundit, although I’m certain there’s an alternative explanation.  Maybe the leader of the Long Island Federation of Labor couldn’t make it to the town-hall forum in his own district, or perhaps his Representative was busy hiding, like many House Democrats this August.  His attempt to pander to the actual constituents of Rep. Tim Bishop results in catcalls and a full minute of disruption:

Jim also reports that the Magical Mystery Bus Tour continued for this meeting, with unions sending three busloads of people to the event. Even so, the angry constituents shout them down fairly effectively … or at least they did until several members of the Communication Workers of America started a fracas. That comes at about the 3:45 mark, so be sure to watch it all the way through.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

HoustonRight on August 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM

So true about the bravery. We always remember that.

And the mistake of El General con La Rosa, well, who among us (a little Kerry speak for ya) hasn’t erred similarly at one time or another?

TXUS on August 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Remember September 11th Flag T-Shirts

faraway on August 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Just remember that the bravery of the Alamo that inspired others to defeat Santa Anna at San Jacinto.

HoustonRight on August 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I know, just making a joke.

And actually, what I remember most about that TX History class was this one girl, who was the first big crush of my life… ah, puberty, it’s a lot less painful in hindsight. :)

malclave on August 28, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Wearing Verizon t shirts to intimidate

Now that is stupid. Guess those CWA? workers do not think clearly enough to realize that they can lose a lot of customers by their actions–and, consequently, a lot of jobs. I know I’d find another company had I been caught up in their antics. Truly, truly dumb!

jeanie on August 28, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Just goes to show, when you go to a town hall meeting, bring a BAT. Never know when you’ll find a pickup game in the lobby.

GarandFan on August 28, 2009 at 5:38 PM

TXUS on August 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM

LOL You know timing is everything.

HoustonRight on August 28, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I went to a town hall meeting and a hockey game broke out….(apologies to Rodney)

right2bright on August 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I went to a town hall meeting union riot and a hockey game town hall meeting broke out….(apologies to Norma Rae)

right2bright on August 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM

bloggless on August 28, 2009 at 5:54 PM

bloggless on August 28, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Communications Workers Union maybe? But I will contact Verizon about it.

chemman on August 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Yeah, I think I will, too, as a Verizon customer… maybe we can find out what the company policy is about that sort of thing.

malclave on August 28, 2009 at 5:55 PM

The woman in the brown shirt pushed that union thug down with her left hand and then they removed the man with the orange shirt on.

Sporty1946 on August 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Bishop is my mom’s critter, he is a real chadrool (phoenetic spelling, my Italian grandpa used to say it)

he voted FOR cap and trade and called cops to escort him away from 12 angry constituents with flags from their front porch, I kid you not

he is such a tool there are many clips not sure which is which,…

video here and here and here of Bishop being the arrogant pretentious Pelosi cabal elitist he is….

ginaswo on August 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I see union thugs. Thugs.

I see unAmerican trash. unAmerican.

I see deadbeats looking for handouts. Deadbeats.

madmonkphotog on August 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM

bloggless on August 28, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Communications Workers Union maybe? But I will contact Verizon about it.

chemman on August 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM

malclave on August 28, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Yeah, well I know what my policy is about that sort of thing. And Verizon is gonna know, too.

bloggless on August 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM

The Americans are getting restless – I know I am ..

wheels on August 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Oh how I loathe that man, he gets to make MY choices on Capitol Hill…arent I sooooo lucky????

NY Conservative on August 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Every time I watch one of these out-of-control town halls, they’re DEMOCRATS. The ones I’ve been to, hosted by Republican congressmen, are polite and respectful, even the signs carried, and people ask questions and are answered.

Anyone that thinks this isn’t apparent to the Blue Dogs and every other Democrat in office, in spite of Nancy Botox, is nuts. They KNOW what the penalty for voting for Obamacare will be: dusting off their resumes and looking for work. In this economy, it won’t be fun.

bradley11 on August 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I used to be part of the CWA. They didn’t like my Bush ’04 mouse pad. Or the Bush bumper stickers on my file cabinet. Or the yard sign leaning up against my desk. Or the shirts that I gave people to wear at work. . . Yeah, they didn’t like me.

- The Cat

MirCat on August 28, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I am sure that I am not the only one concerned about disruptions at the 9/12 march. We are already planning a meeting place in case we get scattered and an escape route to avoid the Metro. I wouldn’t put anything past the left at this point.

TXMomof3 on August 28, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I will be praying for all of you to have a safe and peaceful trip and event. I can’t afford to go, so you and the others will be representing me, and so many of us who wish we could be there. Thank all of you for being brave Americans and giving us all a “voice”.

lovingmyUSA on August 28, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I don’t know if the dude in the red shirt threw himself down to create an incident or if he just tripped… but either way the guy in the orange shirt did nothing.

These union thugs are simply useful idiots. Do they think they’re accomplishing anything but helping out side? Isn’t it kinda convenient how the “AstroTurf” and “manufactured anger” meme has gone away now that it’s actually happening, just by the left?

And to all you 9/12 people, god bless ya. I’m stuck here on the left coast so it’s too far for me to go. I’m there is spirit though! Give em’ hell and don’t take any crap!

Ampersand on August 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

The Americans are getting restless – I know I am ..

wheels on August 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Me too.

Zorro on August 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM

malclave on August 28, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Verizon won’t give a damn, they’re a real scummy company. Here in NYC recently there was a case where a Verizon worker showed up at a customer’s apartment and asked to come in to perform a repair. Since the customer had been told the repair was outside and no access would be required, he asked to see the Verizon employee’s identification.

The Verizon guy said “sure, I’ll show you some identification” and proceeded to punch the customer in the head and smash him against the wall repeatedly. The poor guy was beaten to a pulp, had his glasses smashed into his face by this unionized savage and everything.

Guess what? Verizon didn’t even fire him. They said that since he’d never done anything like that before, they were going to let him keep his job.

I figure the scumbag union he was in threatened Verizon with aggro. Either way, Verizon do not put the reputation of their business above the union animals who work for them. I don’t have the link handy because I’m posting from my phone, but if you do a search of the New York Post it should be easy enough to find.

Sharke on August 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM

These guys are really pi$$ing me off as I’m a union member and they’re acting like a bunch of thugs and I find myself embarrassed by them due to association with the labor movement. Wouldn’t be the first time, though, but it’s getting worse.

I don’t get why signing on to a union means checking your brains and your sanity at the door for so many of these people. No, you don’t deserve $50 dollars an hour with an eighth grade education. No, you don’t have the right to suck off of other working Americans by sleeping with the federal government and getting their hard-earned money siphoned off through taxes. No, you are not entitled to jobs or anything special for that matter from either your employers nor the government. No, I wouldn’t pay you either if you aren’t actually working. And, yes, I would fire your a$$ if you’re lazy, generally more trouble than your worth, or if I no longer need someone working in that position.

Disgraceful.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 28, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Here’s the story about the thug Verizon worker…unbelievable that he’s still working for the company. No doubt he has the full support of his union behind him. Thugs protecting thugs. They’re akin to the mafia.

Sharke on August 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM

THESE THUGS ARE WEARING VERIZON T-SHIRTS!!! OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
DOES VERIZON ALLOW THEIR NAME TO BE USED ON A T-SHIRT WORN BY THUGS TRYING TO INTIMIDATE AN AMERICAN AT A TOWNHALL?
CALL- FAX -WRITE TO VERIZON!

Phone: 212-395-1000. Fax: 212-571-1897. Toll Free: 800-621-9900

bloggless on August 29, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Union police, talk with them sometime and you will find a group of people who can not think for themselves and only feel good in groups of people that think like them.

MSGTAS on August 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Lawn Gi-land Feda-ray shun of Lay-Baa

. Bussed in union thugs at play.

RobCon on August 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM