Glenn Beck: Are you “In or Out”?

posted at 7:39 pm on August 28, 2009 by Allahpundit

The climax to his week of shows exposing Obama’s czars, which has seen him pulling O’Reilly-type ratings at 5 p.m. Don’t be surprised if he’s number one in all time slots tonight for this. I thought the big finale was going to be an announcement that he’s forming his own party — given the increasingly activist tone of the show and his penchant for addressing his audience as “America,” he clearly his grand aspirations — but he’s not there yet. Maybe if ObamaCare ends up passing? Dare to dream, Beckheads.

In the meantime, he’s starting small: The first clip has him ticking off five policy positions he wants viewers to confront their representatives with. If they don’t accede to them, they’re out next year. (Skip the first half of the clip; the “In or Out” bit doesn’t start until later.) The second clip is a summary of his czar coverage this week followed by a plea to viewers not to let leftist invective get them down — but never mind that. Skip ahead and watch the last two minutes, where he segues from a dramatic recitation of “Sticks and Stones” into the lyrics of “Revolution” off the White Album, a GB whiskey-tango-foxtrot moment if ever there was one. I appreciate the message, but I don’t think I’m ever going to groove on the delivery. Ah well. Different strokes…

Comments

Comment pages: 1 9 10 11

Olympia snowe
this is off topic but it has to be posted here. She is going to cave and side with the libs on healthcare. Burn her phones at her offices. Pick a zip code or a town in Maine, call her office saying you represent a group of seniors and let her know she’s out if she votes with the libs. Better yet, take a page out of alinskys rules for radicals and say your moderate democrats against the bill. Stop her now before she caves! Call now!!

texaninfidel on August 30, 2009 at 3:31 AM

MadisonConservative on August 30, 2009 at 2:49 AM

I praise you for being so slender, and you compliment me on the great weight of my comments. Good. We’re making progress.

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 4:21 AM

We are in and with you Glenn.

Cinday Blackburn on August 30, 2009 at 4:23 AM

Loxodonta on August 30, 2009 at 4:21 AM

It appears you and I have the same sleep habits.

Mommypundit on August 30, 2009 at 5:32 AM

It appears you and I have the same sleep habits.

Mommypundit on August 30, 2009 at 5:32 AM

And some of us are at work…

lovingmyUSA on August 30, 2009 at 5:59 AM

Maybe. But I have a feeling that he’s a mentally high-maintenance kind of guy. You know, the kind who mood swings so much that it’s mentally draining to you. It takes a certain type of person to anchor a mentally high-maintenance person like that.

mizflame98 on August 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM

He has ADD. We ADDers live in a whole different realm.

If you want to understand Beck or a spouse or a friend that has ADD read upon it. And you still won’t understand.

Beck has also seen the bottom of life from the inside out. Again, unless you’ve been to the point where nothing matters but what really matters, you’ll not undersatand the abandonment with which Beck embraces that which is really important.

I can relate with him on both accounts. Like he says, that doesn’t commend us, we’re just dopes trying to do what’s right. It’s our methodology which throws people off.

People with ADD, especially those who have lost all that’s important, don’t give a rat’s hiney what people think. We just say, “Screw ‘em.”

Beck for president? I’d go for that.

Harry Truman had that “Srew ‘em” attitude and he got elected. But too many people nowadays are too “nice.” May not work today.

Just depends on how fed up people really are. Are you really afraid for your country, or for just where your next meal is coming from?

davidk on August 30, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Man, I could not sleep worth a damn.

I think that there are times when Beck says things that are obvious and self evident…such as we need to stop the out of control spending and the czars are scary etc…but I am sorry, when Beck starts getting all theatrical and is waving his arms and making faces and talking about impeaching Bush and reminds us about the Patriot Act vs civil liberties and all that, I just can not help but think how that is something Waxman would say…and I can not stand Waxman.

I agree that the R and the D are not all that matters..but if Republicans were in control of the House and Senate half off this stuff we are worrying about right now would not even be up for a vote.

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 7:10 AM

If I was the Messiah……..I’d somehow try to buy Fox News with stolen crack money or put a hit on Beck (and Rush for that matter). Glenn is speaking truth to power and in the end, he is single-handedly going to knock the Messiah back to the southside of Chi-town selling crack again and playing community disorganizer…..The American people are now awake – and brother the tidal wave is building……

Cinday Blackburn on August 30, 2009 at 7:15 AM

I also find the whole rant about global corporations to be just a little bit too much like something the anti global people would say. The big bad capitalists are taking advantage of us.

I think that is what sort of bothers me about Beck, he is part populist, part crack pot, part libertarian and part Pat Buchanan.

It is not that he is wrong, how can anyone argue with the notion that government is out of control in its size and spending? It obviously is, but then he just has to say something that strikes me as so off putting that I don’t always hear the rest of what he is saying.

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Like what?

Basically you seem to be saying you have trouble with some sort of “style bias” that overpowers rationality?

Itchee Dryback on August 30, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Have you actually LOOKED at all the products GE makes? You should. Then take a look at the Cap & Trade and Healthcare bills-and do a rough calculation of how much money they stand to make if those things pass. Then look again at the close and personal relationship between BHO and Jeff Immelt. Then consider how MSM is owned by GE. What we know is just the tip of the iceberg! Wake up!!!

indypat on August 30, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 7:10 AM

They would simply be passing it piecemeal and much slower. I don’t know of any Republican President that has reduced government. Many of us would be asleep at the wheel, trusting that a corrupt GOP would do the right thing. They have proven to do the exact opposite.

I don’t understand why everyone thinks the GOP is going to be the savior party of this nation. Only a massive institutional correction would create the kind of GOP that puts American’s interest first.

Obama is the best thing to happen to conservatives.

True_King on August 30, 2009 at 8:18 AM

True-king:

No, they would not be passing it in smaller pieces, there is no reason to believe that is true. There are plenty of GOP people like Mike Pence who would never support the kind of programs that Obama is trying to ram through right now and thus far there have been very few defections.

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Itchee:

If you listen to the first part of Beck’s piece he is ranting about impeaching Bush and the Patriot Act and all that. I just think that is bizarre. Sorry.

And I also have a problem with Beck stating categorically that we should secure all borders, without really specifying what that means…while at the same time demanding a freeze on spending..these two things might well be mutually exclusive.

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Indypat:

I never said there was no relationship between Obama and GE, but that is not what Beck was talking about. He was talking about Bush selling us out to global corporations. I hear that and it reminds me of the anti global people who are always swarming around every WTO meeting screaming about the evils of capitalism.

So what do conservatives believe? Do they believe that global trade is a good thing or a bad thing?

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 7:10 A

oh you mean under President John ‘cap n trade, amnesty, bailout’ mccain???

uh yeah ok…..

right4life on August 30, 2009 at 8:59 AM

And btw, True_King, when the Congress passed Smoot Hawley back in the days of the Depression, they thought they were acting in the best interests of the United States as well.

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 8:47 AM

securing the borders is rather obvious…and you can spend more to defend the country, and spend less on social welfare, and still cut the budget, or freeze it…

right4life on August 30, 2009 at 9:00 AM

and beck isn’t against capitalism, rather the fascism we see today…where the governments and the ‘capitalists’ are partners….this isn’t capitalism, its fascism. like they practice in china…

right4life on August 30, 2009 at 9:02 AM

right4life:

Last I heard McCain was not supporting this cap and trade bill, he said it was just a tax. The kind of bill he was supporting was very different and it included mandates for nuclear power and other alternative energy sources that might actually work and give us more control over our own energy.

Besides, I am not talking about any specific Republican or Democrat..there are certainly plenty of Republicans I do not agree with or particularly like..I am just saying that things like nationalized medicine or the CIA being investigated by the Justice Dept would not be an issue if people like Pelosi were not in charge of Congress.

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 9:03 AM

right4life:

I am sorry, but Beck works for a huge corporation himself. He is not operating out of his basement.

And I still think the attacks on Bush and the Patriot Act were troubling. How do you think Obama would have felt about Bush being impeached? I think he would have thought it was just wonderful.

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 9:05 AM

we would be better off if the republicans were in charge, granted, but they blew so many opportunities…they couldn’t even cut off funds for ACORN when they were in power..they don’t realize we are in a war with the left…they squandered their opportunity, now we all suffer…

right4life on August 30, 2009 at 9:06 AM

there is nothing wrong with huge corporations per se…its when they team up with the government to squelch competition and we become a fascist state like china inc…

right4life on August 30, 2009 at 9:07 AM

right4life:

I agree with you, statism is a bad bad thing. I would never say otherwise. I also think it is important to remind the GOP and any other political party that their first responsibility is to the people they represent.

But I don’t think it was just the GOP that squandered the opportunity. I think a lot of people on the right were miffed and so they decided to sit back and pout rather than actively oppose the progressive agenda. And the result of that was Barack Obama.

But more than that..I think that politics kind of swings back and forth..right and left and right now it is starting to swing right again.

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Glenn I am in all the way and ready to take back my country…

Cinday Blackburn on August 30, 2009 at 9:56 AM

We need to open up one job position in the country fast: Obama’s.

The sooner this one-man-disaster is sent packing the safer the nation will be.

2010 for the Congress, 2012 for a return to sanity in the presidency.

Keep putting the fire to their hooves, Glenn!

profitsbeard on August 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Five years after we were attacked? Oh come on. What about the Governors? Did they take it upon themselves to deploy their NG units?

In Texas, the governor has the authority to deploy National Guard soldiers at the expense of the state. In this case, though, Perry is asking that the federal government pay for the deployment because international borders generally are federal responsibility.

We have almost 22,000 miles of border, if you actually consider all of our coast line and the Canadian border as well. In fact it would be just as easy to walk in from Canada, easier in fact.

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 12:17 AM

What, you mean there is no national guard in the northern states to take care of the Canadian border? The coast guard isn’t available for the coastal waters?

mizflame98 on August 30, 2009 at 10:29 AM

davidk on August 30, 2009 at 7:03 AM

I can understand some of it. My daughter is ADHD and I suspect my son might be as well. What I do find refreshing is how he’s handled his addiction. I have a family member that is not clean and sober but he’s just as big a loser as he was when he was stoned and drunk. Unlike Beck, he doesn’t take responsibility for his actions or strive to improve himself. He feels that he quit the drinking and drugging and that’s all he needs to do. Anything bad that happens to him is not his fault. Beck has restored my faith in people who has survived the hell of addiction and was able to become a better person.

mizflame98 on August 30, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Can you imagine the MSM if they had caught a bunch of Marxist Czars in the White House………OMG!

Cinday Blackburn on August 30, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Terrye on August 30, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Have you ever watched Beck’s program, listen to him on the radio, or are you basing your opinion of him from the clips AP post here? If you are relying on the clips, I really recommend you watch his show. It’s better if you listen to his radio program actually. He covers much more in the 3 hours on the radio than he can cover on TV.

mizflame98 on August 30, 2009 at 10:47 AM

For the folks who don’t want to hear him don’t forget you have Olberman and Michael Moore to serve you your Kool-aid.

bluegrass on August 30, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Once again, Allahpundit’s jealousy of Glenn Beck (and Rush Limbaugh for that matter) shines through. He can’t stand the fact that they’re playing the main room in the luxury hotel while he’s still outside on the street corneer playing kazoo.

Percy_Peabody on August 30, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Percy_Peabody on August 30, 2009 at 11:25 AM

With the cymbals between his knees.

mizflame98 on August 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM

The message is more important than the man….or the party.

ElectricPhase on August 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM

So this nutter says a bunch of common sense statements that are so generic they are irrelevant and he is celebrated for being so smart?

Hey here is one for you: “The sun will shine each day.” Look, I can predict the future. Just like Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck.

Decider on August 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Decider on August 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Nope, you are still irrelevant. Have a nice day.

daesleeper on August 30, 2009 at 12:03 PM

And I know what Smoot Hawley was, I actually read a frigging book by just recently about the Great Depression by someone named Amity Shlaes, the book was entitled The Forgotten Man. It was not a proNew Deal book and Democrats as a general rule hate it.

Terrye on August 29, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I gave my father a copy of that book for father’s day. It is an excellent book. I have a hard time finding something to give the man.

jhffmn on August 30, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Decider on August 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM

What are you trying to say??

Itchee Dryback on August 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM

So this nutter says a bunch of common sense statements

Decider on August 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I asked the question in the previous post because you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth.
But maybe I’m not understanding what you’re trying to say.

Which statements are Rush and Beck making that you agree with to the extent that you would catheterize then as “just common sense”?

Itchee Dryback on August 30, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Glen, with you, Sarah, and my Longhorn Rick Perry – I am in!

Cinday Blackburn on August 30, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Rush may be on vacation this week………..but Glenn is not. I also think Sarah is going to be giving a surprise speech this week in the lower 48………….you heard it here first……………

Cinday Blackburn on August 30, 2009 at 3:50 PM

ALL IN!

bbh on August 30, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I’m in like Flynn……………Glenn increase your security detail before MSNBC starts tailing you………….look what they did to Sarah’s kids………nothing is sacred to these morons………protect yourself and your family!

Cinday Blackburn on August 30, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Sorry to be late to the party, folks. My husband and I are SO IN!! Stay strong and safe, Glenn….we need your voice.

4Freedom on August 30, 2009 at 4:24 PM

We’re all IN here in Texas. Between Rick Perry and Kay Bailey, he is the lesser of two rinos.

1luckydogg on August 30, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Glen, with you, Sarah, and my Longhorn Rick Perry – I am in!

Cinday Blackburn on August 30, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Uh oh … the aggies aren’t going to like that one.

redridinghood on August 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM

All in.

Beckheads? Is that some kinda derogatory comment?

Beck is a truly different and refreshing Patriotic voice in America today.

Listening to his ‘monologues’ he usually puts together on important Holidays, and sometimes at random, puts a thrill up my leg.

Just kidding. Heart wrenching and American Pride brewing, yes, but there is only person who puts a thrill up my leg, and I’m married to her.

cntrlfrk on August 30, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Beck is the only journalist out there. The left would laugh and say,”He’s not a journalist, he’s a “news opinion”. He may have started out that way, but his research into ACORN,SEIU,STORM, and all the other things that are CPUSA(Communist Party United States of America)related, this guy has turned into a one man “60 Minutes”. As his style evolves from wearing lederhosen(which I thought was GREAT!!!)to a more serious tone, he is going to be the “go- to” guy in the media as he is the only reporter looking into blatant corruption in the Obama Administration. Makes me think that if Nixon was ousted over just covering up a political buglary right out of “Keystone Kops”, I’m sure there’s something afoul to rise to the surface with the obvious implications.

That NONE of the MSM is reporting on ANY topics he’s hit is an outrage. Sean Hannity has claimed journalism to have died in 2008. I believe Glenn Beck is giving it mouth to mouth….And Glenn needs to have more Libertarian politicians on, seeing as he claims to be a Libertarian. A third party is needed now as the two others are totally engaged in re-election, ignoring the problems of the country. I see no Republican getting any accomplishment when it comes to border control, reducing the size of the Federal Government, standing up for small businessmen, or being fiscally responsible for tax cuts, and more importantly:reducing spending..

Long live Glenn Beck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamsmith on August 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM

The American Democrat is as worthless as a thimble full of Hamster Vomit… and just as easily to dispose of.

ronnyraygun on August 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

adamsmith on August 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Good post, Dude. We need guys like you to preach the new Gospel according to Glenn. That crazy Mo Fo just might be on to something.

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Kudos to the mastermind behind the Beck boycott.

Geochelone on August 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM

The 9/12 march in DC seems to be bringing out the best of the worst in the Left wing mutts trolls and anarchist. Here are just a small sampling of the disgusting crap on a discussion board on a site called Something Awful.
And you can be sure that the Mainstream media will ignore all of it.

Great stuff.

trukLekniwne sor posted:
You know what would be awesome?
Going to the 9/12 march dressed in ku
klux klan costume and seeing if they’d let you march with them.
ultimate counter protest, “klansmen against
socialism”

Zombie Apocalypse posted:
Where can you even get a klansment
outfit? A quick google search came up
this but they’re kind of expensive and the
guy selling them is probably out of his
drat mind. I guess if you asked the right
questions at your local military surplus
store you could get some connections.

it is possible to purchase cases of custom-produced bottled water so you can get “you just drank obama’s pee, welcome comrade” printed on the inside of each cap and make $7 a pop off these suckers

Butlercide
Aug 06, 2001
in my fantasy i see a giant pile of dead white people, their sandals and sun visors strewn about covered in gore

oped01 on August 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM

oped01 on August 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I’m not surprised, young liberals are about as hate filled as Klansman.

Someone linked to Stromfront forums to try and tie beck to the KKK, browsing over the forums the language is more or less the same.

jhffmn on August 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

For those who criticize Glenn Beck’s less than “professional” delivery. (by what standard I have no idea) I have two words for you:

Death panels.

gary4205 on August 31, 2009 at 4:06 AM

IN

Nalea on August 31, 2009 at 5:49 AM

A guy puts out a good message and someone on our side(?) gotta knock it. Do we want to become perpetual whiners…always looking down our noses at someone just because he picked our side to speak out for?

Herb on August 31, 2009 at 5:50 AM

All in.

Beckheads? Is that some kinda derogatory comment?

Beck is a truly different and refreshing Patriotic voice in America today.

cntrlfrk on August 30, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Enjoy that leg thrill now, it won’t last forever.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:20 AM

oops

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:21 AM

I remember, btw, when AP posted his first GB thread asking if there was something a little off about Beck. I find Beck refreshingly honest and something a little off about AP.

Connie on August 30, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Beck ain’t crazy, he speaks the truth and the truth is crazy.

DanaSmiles on August 31, 2009 at 7:40 AM

in

barnone on August 31, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Sarah, Rick Perry and Glenn………….go for it guys!

Cinday Blackburn on August 31, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I wonder when Beck will tell us that Obama can read our thoughts and is able to make us all become Socialists? Obama has the technology to do it right now. Obama will start with making us think we are Socialist so that he can then push the “Communist” or “Marxist” button to make the final change.

Let’s watch Beck today. Hopefully he will expose Obama’s “Socialist” thought machine. You are exposed Obama!

Decider on August 31, 2009 at 11:00 AM

IN

petefrt on August 31, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Can you imagine the MSM Marxist Media Czars if they had caught a bunch of Marxist Czars in the White House………OMG!

Cinday Blackburn on August 30, 2009 at 10:37 AM

*no charge for the edit!*

Katfish on August 31, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I’m IN Glen. Being an American, I will fight for my right of freedom.

SWChance on August 31, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Enjoy that leg thrill now, it won’t last forever.

Jeff from WI on August 31, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Gee, what a nice sentiment. Great thing to say to a guy about the woman he loves.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Long live Glenn Beck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamsmith on August 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM

This needs repeated loud and often. Glenn Beck is doing the job none others in “journalism” are willing to do. Supposed conservatives are whistling past the graveyard on a lot of issues.

Glenn Beck provides exhaustive research and solid evidence along with his personality. AP usually provides sarcastic sound bites and no debate when he talks smack against a Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin or Fred Thompson, etc. Sort of the Bill Maher school of debate.

MoCoM on August 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM

What Black faces will Beck rally against today?

Decider on August 31, 2009 at 5:01 PM

What Black faces will Beck rally against today?

Decider on August 31, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Yawn. You really need some new talking points. What’s the matter? Axelrod off on vaction too?

Norwegian on August 31, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Beck needs more scary Negros. Maybe he can link Obama to OJ.

Decider on August 31, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Beck needs more scary Negros. Maybe he can link Obama to OJ.
Decider on August 31, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Beck’s had a couple of intelligent Black Conservative Ministers on today. I’m sure they’re pretty scarry to you.

kingsjester on August 31, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Beck just needs to add OJ. OJ along with Rev. Wright and Louis Farrakhan will complete his daily scary Negro trifecta.

Decider on August 31, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Nothing seems to dispell “nothing” nicely. Most can decide what they do or say, others can not. Ignoring the ‘decided’ ignorant is the best gift to give. Decide to give it in abundance!

Netclimber on August 31, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Glenn Beck’s presentation should allow people to raise their own questions, in their OWN minds, and to discuss them. And then there are those who do not want that to happen …

Netclimber on September 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Folks,
Need to re focus,It is not about race it is about shitty social policy .
Call the blue dogs and senators and tell em HELL NO !! Put the zip codes up on one screen and presto you live just down the street in every district in the USA.Use the map provided by the NRA and you can see all the local offices and zip codes,call for kicks rather than take a break.
AGGIES and LONGHORNS together on this one.

Check our latest Legislative Updates!
Check our Event Calendar for congressional town hall meetings in your area!
Tips for Communicating with your Lawmakers
Elected Officials
Find elected officials, including the president, members of Congress, governors, state legislators, local officials, and more.
Search By ZIP Code: