Pro-life group: Palin said she’d attend our event; Palin: No, I didn’t

posted at 9:45 pm on August 27, 2009 by Allahpundit

Yeah, there’s a track record of crossed signals when it comes to her appearances, but this one does smell like a set-up by the event organizers.

Palin spokeswoman Meg Stapleton said Wednesday, in response to inquiries from the Daily News about tonight’s event, that “this is the first we have ever heard of a speech.” She said Palin is out of state and won’t be there…

Alaska Family Council President Jim Minnery said it was news to him when a reporter told him that Stapleton was saying Palin had no knowledge of the speech, which his group has been promoting. He said organizers have been talking to Palin “contacts” for weeks about it.

“All we can do is take people at their word that we’ve worked with in the past,” Minnery said. “We’ve been working for several weeks on the event, promoting it very heavily. It would be a grave disappointment if she doesn’t show up but the show will still go on.”

He declined to say who the organizers had been speaking to. “I’d just prefer to keep it kind of anonymous right now, especially since you’re hearing something that’s opposite of what we’ve been hearing.”

A source tells CNN that Palin’s been “set up a few times before” by Minnery and C4P notes that he knocked her unfairly on two occasions as governor. But, per the ADN:

Stapleton said Palin had previously agreed to be the first signer of the petition for the ballot measure pushed by the family council. But, “obviously since the signature-gathering process started a couple of weeks ago there was less pressure to get home to be the first to sign,” she said Wednesday.

Minnery said organizers had already started collecting signatures but still planned for Palin’s signature to appear as the first “official” one on the first petition packet. That packet was set aside with space for her to sign at tonight’s event.

Here’s the pro-life group’s webpage; scroll down for their statement insisting that “We were assured that Governor Palin was personally aware of this evening’s event, and that she twice confirmed her intent to participate.” Sounds like maybe the group thought that her willingness to sign meant she’d be at the event whereas she thought they’d bring the petition to her home to sign. Whatever the answer, I wonder: Why does this stuff keep happening to her? Granted, there’s heavy demand for her right now as a speaker so she’s more of a target for “but she promised she’d come!” nonsense, but other pols have been in heavy demand before — Obama, for instance, or Giuliani after 9/11 — and haven’t seemed to run into this problem. If it’s all a matter of people lying about appearances she never promised to make, why didn’t Giuliani run into the same trouble?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Wow, an amazing amount of posts on a person who was “finished” in politics and who nobody would care about once she left office.

KickandSwimMom on August 27, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Doodoo heads? Now thats hitting them where it doesn’t hurt. In the head. Painless and brainless.

shmendrick on August 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM

One of the things that Palin needs to do in a big way is to raise her game on her level of staff work.

I made this point over on C4P and expect to get hammered over it, but there is no way that Meg Stapelton is ready for prime time.

Sarah is the second most sought-after pol in the nation, after BHO. Right now, unless I miss my guess, all she has is Meg and probably a few Wasilla buddies opening envelopes.

She needs a vicious, no-nonsense Robespierre to man the guillotine and get her schedule going six months out. She’s the headliner at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference and Meg, bless her heart, hasn’t even confirmed Sarah for that event. If Palin screws up SRLC, you can turn out the lights.

I like Meg; she’s loyal and a gut fighter. But she’s not chief of staff material, and Palin needs to start thinking about putting together a national campaign.

victor82 on August 27, 2009 at 10:34 PM

There are plenty of people ready to go do battle.

izoneguy on August 27, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Can someone answer a question for me?
I can’t remember reading much of sharptooth…who is he/she in this maze?

jerrytbg on August 27, 2009 at 11:32 PM

shmendrick on August 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM

That was a continuation of the playground theme, established by their level of commentary.

I think the playground has closed now. Past their curfew.

Maybe I’ll take their lunch money tomorrow.

Brian1972 on August 27, 2009 at 11:32 PM

The Kennedy Funeral must be postponed until we get to the bottom of this Palin Fiasco. /sarc

Geochelone on August 27, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Ah, hell know – bury that lib and his socialist belief system….
Throw HR 3200 in the coffin while you are at it.
It can RIP with old dead Ted.

izoneguy on August 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Brian1972 on August 27, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I think I upset Norman, and he went away

Norman seems like a sensitive boy, with obvious Mom Issues. I tried to understand him, you know, but he resisted treatment. Can’t win ‘em all………….

BTW, “Sharptooth” is okay

Janos Hunyadi on August 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM

why did he come at me that way janos? I think he didn’t read my posts correctly…I guess… don’t know.

jerrytbg on August 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I just don’t want to hear anything bad about Sarah. My eyes are covered and plugs are in my ears.
Shes good.
Shes good.
Shes good.

JellyToast on August 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Thanks Brian, Janos. I had fun playing with the trolls. The more you egg them the nastier they try to get but it only serves to show their level of intelligence. They are completely unable to debate issues only resort to name calling.

nwsseeker on August 27, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Sarah Palin will be just fine.

These sort of things do not worry me at all.

Nobody really knows what is going on behind the scenes right now.

I think she is up to something, traveling out of state all incognito.

We will all know when she is ready for us to know.
Then you won’t be able to miss it.

Brian1972 on August 27, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Jim Minnery’s Faux Outrage

izoneguy on August 27, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I think these groups are pulling the Ed Morrissey Chink’n'Swith®. This is surprisingly effective for attendance; namely when he uses an MKH picture.

- The Cat

P.S. I kid I kid

MirCat on August 27, 2009 at 11:38 PM

They have a simple playbook: unless either Meg or Sarah say she’ll go to the event it isn’t a go. An invitation does not equal acceptance. And this guy running this event has a history of trying to cause Palin trouble.

The only advice I could offer her is that when they (Meg)see an advertisement for an event indicating Sarah will be there when she is NOT planning to attend, that Sarah’s non attendence should be announced asap on HER(Sarah’s) website so as to nip this sort of thing in the bud. This would help prevent people from using her celebrity for their own gain or to besmearch Sarah. My 2 cents.

shmendrick on August 27, 2009 at 11:39 PM

A word to the wise from someone up in AK to AP and everyone else on HotAir, if you read something in the ADN, verify it by something other than CNN. Neither are too hot on Sarah

ConservativePartyNow on August 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM

That’s the understatement of the millennium!

Our group actually threatened the ADN with a serious number of local protests at advertiser’s locations if they didn’t clean up their comments sections.

We started tracing IP addresses, and some who were commenting as “local Alaskans” when we traced their IP’s back to newspaper columnists and bloggers in the lower 48!!

Amanda Coyne, Shannyn Moore, and Jeanne Devon, the HuffPo hos all have ties to the ADN. hell, Amanda’s hubby, Tony, writes for ‘em!

When it comes to Sarah, they have PDS as bad as it gets!

gary4205 on August 27, 2009 at 11:40 PM

nwsseeker on August 27, 2009 at 11:38 PM

That was fun, for a minute.

Then he got all toddler on us and ran away.

Don’t dive in the snark tank without your chainmail suit on :)

Brian1972 on August 27, 2009 at 11:40 PM

jerrytbg on August 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Dunno. He seemed okay on several previous threads. Maybe I’m thinking of someone else.

SHARPDICK; SHARPTEETH; SHARPTOOL

( people can be Moody & Unpredictable on the “interweb” )

Janos Hunyadi on August 27, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Then he got all toddler on us and rancrawled away

nwsseeker on August 27, 2009 at 11:42 PM

True enough janos…been there…anyhow it was fun…nite

jerrytbg on August 27, 2009 at 11:43 PM

nite all. Have to get to bed , enjoyed the time spent with you.

nwsseeker on August 27, 2009 at 11:44 PM

I cover Sarah Palin daily. It’s what I do. We have a large network of diehard Sarah Palin supporters who hang on her every word and have learned long ago that unless Sarah Palin says it publicly, don’t believe it. That’s just a fact. For instance, both CNN and TPM have reported as fact that Sarah Palin’s new Twitter account is @SarahPalinUSA. I’m following the account just in case, but is it a fact? No, not until Sarah Palin says it is. So, no matter what CNN and TPM say, we’re not reporting it on our blogs. We’ve learned to take Sarah Palin’s public comments at face value, decide for ourselves if we agree with her or not, and ignore what everyone else says about her, no matter who it is. Once the rest of the world learns this, she’ll be well on her way to the White House.

gocatholic on August 27, 2009 at 11:49 PM

if you read something in the ADN, verify it by something other than CNN.

Particularly if it is written by Judith O’Malley.

crosspatch on August 27, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Minnery has PDS. It is a setup. He has a past.

Sapwolf on August 27, 2009 at 11:56 PM

It seems that Ted Kennedy Swift Boated Mary Jo.

Or else she was Water Boarded by the Cape Cod Orca.

Geochelone on August 28, 2009 at 12:08 AM

gocatholic on August 27, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Thanks for all your work. Keep your powder dry my friend.

Geochelone on August 28, 2009 at 12:10 AM

izoneguy on August 27, 2009 at 11:30 PM

A lot of folks willing to go to bat for her but the question is asks herself is, Can they be trusted?

It’s time for palin to find her karl rove… The profile is too big to be managed by someone who isn’t even in a political firm.

TimeTraveler on August 28, 2009 at 12:14 AM

gocatholic on August 27, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Thanks for all you do.

Norwegian on August 28, 2009 at 12:18 AM

“AllahPundit could learn from you, instead of just regurgitating every leftleaning MSM hit piece on Palin.”

Palin pieces draw page views. Its all about the hits.

crosspatch on August 28, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Well obviously she should see all of these things coming and use her psychic powers to stop them. Duh! It’s not that hard, she’s a stupid woman who had the “audacity” to think that an ordinary American could make a difference in American politics. Obviously, that gives the media the right to tear her apart and question the maternity of her children.

I don’t even care if she runs for president, but if this is honestly the biggest smear they can come up with…Sarah, you’re doing just fine.

thevastlane on August 28, 2009 at 12:24 AM

AP was having withdrawal without posting a Palin hit piece thread for several days.

ppaint on August 27, 2009 at 9:52 PM

So was I.

1921 C DRUM on August 28, 2009 at 12:47 AM

NoLeftTurn on August 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Mega-excellent post!

1921 C DRUM on August 28, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Palin has stated publicly what is needed for her confirmation, and that would involve a contract.

These small groups are doing a great disservice to her, using her name to build interest.

It’s an odd problem. Nobody else in political life actually seems to be having to deal with it.

I assume it’s because she’s such a draw.

AnninCA on August 28, 2009 at 12:57 AM

I probably should have added a /sarc in there after my first paragraph.

thevastlane on August 28, 2009 at 1:09 AM

victor82 on August 27, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Post of the thread.

No one loves Sarah more than I do, but her team leaves a lot to be desired. I think Meg is OK, but she is it. Chuck and Sally, and the kids are her “Wasilla Team” Hell, I think they are still opening mail from the campaign season!

I’m not sure Sarah is all that keen on running, and will probably have to be nudged a bit to get her revved up. So I think she just doesn’t see this is a priority.

Drives me insane.

Someone needs to grab Pamela Geller and S.E.Cupp, and ship them to Lake Lucille posthaste! Those two are what Sarah needs.

gary4205 on August 28, 2009 at 1:20 AM

I do have to eat a little crow. Turns out one of our bloggers did post that Palin would be at the event but her report was based on trusting the event organizers. By and large, though, this supposed appearance wasn’t reported much on the Palin blogs (and there are gobs of Palin blogs), so my point remains. Generally speaking, we tend to ignore anything regarding Sarah Palin unless it comes out of Sarah Palin’s own mouth (or keyboard).

gocatholic on August 28, 2009 at 1:24 AM

“but her team leaves a lot to be desired”

That might be the case but I am not getting how this “incident” is any indication of that. Imagine I put out a flyer that says Sarah Palin is going to be at my event. Then the event comes around and I say “she didn’t show up”. How is that the fault of Palin’s staff?

Or of someone calls me, says they are from Palin’s staff and interested in participating in my event … only they really aren’t from Palin’s staff. How is that her staff’s fault?

I am just not getting how this is a reflection on her staff.

crosspatch on August 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

If Allahpundit & crew think controversy and calumny knocks Republicans out of primaries a year early, we must make very sure all moderate liberal Republicans run into a wall of flak so fierce, Army Air Corps vets will have flashbacks.

Chris_Balsz on August 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM

victor82 wrote:

What planet do you people hail from? You have no clue who Sarah Palin is. None whatsoever. There are four points that some of you are missing and they are huge points. If you don’t get all four, you have no business doing political analysis regarding Sarah Palin.

I don’t share Sarah Palin’s theology on many levels because I’m a diehard and unapologetic Catholic……..but I am a Christian and I know a Christian when I see one. Now, before you go off thinking I’m hailing Sarah as a saint, let me assure you, as a Catholic, I know good and well what a saint is and Sarah isn’t one (not under the Catholic definition anyway), as far as I can tell. But a FAITHFUL Christian she is and you have to know how Christians think in order to understand what Sarah’s plan is. You also have to understand what her character is beyond the Christian aspect in order to understand what her plan is. You also have to actually listen to what the woman says in order to understand what her plan is. You also have to understand what her views about political power are in order to undrestand what her plan is. As far as I can see, the reason there is a huge disconnect between those doubting Sarah Palin’s political aptitude or viability as a candidate for President and those of us pulling for her know NOTHING of the four things above and know only slightly more than nothing about the current political climate of the country.

1) The Christian factor — It’s not what Sarah Palin wants but what she believes God is calling her to do that Sarah Palin will end up doing. Agree or disagree with whether or not He’ll let her know, but that’s who she is. Deal with it. Don’t like Christians? Don’t get behind her. But at least do us all the favor of reporting accurately who the woman is.

2) The character factor — Sarah says a lot of things repeatedly. Perhaps the thing she says most often is “politically, if I die, I die”. News flash for ya there. It’s no skin off her nose if she doesn’t end up in the White House.

3) The communication factor — Forget about analyzing her beyond the things she actually says. Guess what. She really did step down from the governor’s office because she’s fundamentally opposed to the waste of taxpayer money on frivolous charges that will now go away with her gone. It’s your own idiotic fantasies that she did it to run for the White House that is the garbage upon which you build your little theories about what kind of staff she needs to get there. I openly laugh about these arguments because they are based in the same kind of ignorance I hear out of my kids when they try to second-guess the things I do. It’s that immature and uninformed. Really.

4) Her philosophy on power — Oops. Again, you totally ignore what she said about how she can bring about change more readily without a title. No title necessary. She’s always believed it and my guess is she always will. Government, in PALIN’S MIND, is about SERVICE, not power. It’s about getting results, not about getting titles and accolades, because the intent is to serve the interest of the people. She is the Anti-Obama when it comes to what is necessary to bring change to America. The power is with the people, not Washington, hence she stepped down and became a PRIVATE CITIZEN to become MORE POWERFUL. Suck on that one for a while, folks. Imagine that concept. Becoming a private citizen to gain power. You don’t get much more conservative and freedom-loving than that.

That’s who Sarah Palin is as an individual and it is why she has such adoring fans. I personally don’t care if Sarah Palin PERSONALLY is ever president or not, but the country is in the crap heap right now and neither party is helping matters any. It’s up to citizens to work together and fight to end corruption in Washington. Personally, I think Palin’s the one to do it based on those things above. Disagree? Fine. But at least know who you’re talking about before you start analyzing. I have four kids. If I want to talk to someone on this level, I’ll talk to them. At least they have an excuse.

gocatholic on August 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM

test

Norman Blizter on August 28, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Hey, that would make a helluva blog post. Think I’ll tweak it some and post it on the blog.

gocatholic on August 28, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Oh, and funny thing, the only point I intended to make when I decided to comment was the fact that JOHN MCCAIN was the LEAST FAVORED at the SRLC but was the nominee. Chew on that one.

gocatholic on August 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Palin is out on a NATIONAL circuit. State run things that were important BEFORE she was picked to run as VP.
It’s like a local 1/4 mile track race promoter being mad because a driver who started out there missed the local event because they’re now racing in NASCAR.
(I figured the libs who visit here would like the NASCAR deal in the analogy)

Jeff from WI on August 28, 2009 at 5:44 AM

If this is news, there must not be much to talk about.

Terrye on August 28, 2009 at 6:35 AM

gocatholic on August 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Amen.

Onager on August 28, 2009 at 6:38 AM

Slightly off topic but Palin puts out a FB entry telling people to watch Beck and his numbers now are beating O reilly.

That girl’s got some pull.

B Man on August 28, 2009 at 6:50 AM

Well just to put it all in perspective, this is also coming from a lot of people that “heard” Obama before the election but obviously weren’t listening to him either about who he was. I heard him and like one other poster I am NOT surprised by his agenda now.. just the breathtaking speed with which he is getting there. I was terrified then of his plans, and now am sick with the reality of it.
People just aren’t listening or paying attention. You are right, Sarah Palin is very clear about who she is, and the fact that what most other people think of as motives, honors of man are hers, and she could not care less for that stupidity.

Noelie on August 28, 2009 at 7:02 AM

KickandSwimMom on August 27, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I wouldn’t want to make a while thread out of it, but I can’t escape the sense that every story about her, and every Facebook post she makes shake the ground like thunder.

Like you said — for a “washed up bimbo”, she really packs a whallop.

Jaibones on August 28, 2009 at 7:48 AM

(a whole thread; good grief)

Jaibones on August 28, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Here’s a tip from a commerial lawyer:

Get the understanding of the parties in an enforceable written agreement: a little thing we like to call a “contract.”

This isn’t rocket science. If you drop your car off for an oil change, Jiffy-Lube will have you sign a contract. If you are going to line up a prominent public figure to speak–shouldn’t you be at least as smart as Jiffy-Lube?
__________

RJGatorEsq. on August 28, 2009 at 8:16 AM

You know I don’t really mind when people have a bias or are prejuduced toward someone, it’s their right to be as ignorant as possible. But AP, even for you and your dislike of Palin, this one is pathetic. First you say that Palin has a history of problems with this organization and then you quote the ADN, who has shown extreme bias against Palin, and it’s all pretty much…BS. Come on, “I’d just prefer to keep it kind of anonymous right now?” And you bought that?

Deanna on August 28, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Hey it got 300 comments….and still going.
AP knows what he’s doing.

Just sayin’.

B Man on August 28, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Make that 250 but 300′s coming.

AP is just an antagonist that’s all.
He can’t possibly fall for this Palin BS. But that’s not the point.

B Man on August 28, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Yeah, these marketing scumbags probably communicated with her, she said she supports their anti-abortion cause…then they take it from there and try to leverage their “communication”.
Notice they never say she stated she would attend, just using the vague words “participate”…

right2bright on August 28, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Palin has no staff, its just her and Todd so I doubt sincerely anyone is making any contacts except with people posing to have access to her

This is common

the reason Obama didnt run into this problem was easy – he wasnt wanted – while running – he had 49% of the support of the Democrats

As for Guiliani he is a professional speech giver and has a pretty high price tag on his public appearances – he rarely does anything for free

Palin is soo dead thats why she’s still in the daily and weekly headlines

EricPWJohnson on August 28, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Because Giuliani is a competent manager and has true leadership skills. Palin is a flake who can’t pick a capable staff. How much more evidence do we need to know this? Nevermind. Too many on the Right are enthralled by her looks to notice it.

Chekote on August 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Deanna on August 28, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Aw, Deanna, you aren’t whining, are you? That would just be annoying. (Remember that? Cause…yeah…)

Allah posts this for dialogue. And he gets it (your own posts.) If you have issues with how Ed/Allah present material, then take that up with Michelle. As it is, this has been long standing and MM has seen fit to keep Allah around. Probably because she knows something you don’t know about her own employee…maybe?

Besides, as much as you advocate reading and not being ignorant, it might be beneficial to read what the “enemy” writes to be better equipped for debate. It’s a thought.*

*No, this makes me neither a RINO, Palin hater, Beck hater, liberal, troll, fly-by-night poster, astroturfer bankrolled by Soros, ACORN canvasser in disguise. I prefer “reasonable.”

I’m grumpy today.

Mommypundit on August 28, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Palin is soo dead thats why she’s still in the daily and weekly headlines

EricPWJohnson on August 28, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Because the Dems need a new punching bag now that Bush is gone. There is nothing Obama and the Dems would like more than to have Palin become the face of the opposition.

Chekote on August 28, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Mommypundit on August 28, 2009 at 8:56 AMAnd you’re still whining I see.
Now I have to get to work. Have a nice day.

Deanna on August 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Chekote on August 28, 2009 at 8:57 AM

LOL. So far Obama is the one taking punches from Palin.

littleguy on August 28, 2009 at 9:13 AM

I don’t believe any of these people. There seem to be two kinds of “incidents” with this woman. Ethics complaints and “She said she would come to our party”. As far as I’m concerned if you did not get a formal receipt of acceptance from Meg Stapleton herself, then don’t get your hopes up.

It ain’t hard. I don’t even host events and I know who the go to person is.

xax on August 28, 2009 at 9:22 AM

KickandSwimMom on August 27, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Your exactly right, most of these smart people telling us how horrible she is were the ones telling us Mcain was the only person on our side that could win in 2008.

kangjie on August 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Paper and electronic trail—the only answer. Also a firm statement that if something is not confirmed in writing and signed by Sarah herself, it isn’t happening. Tie up those loose ends and keep them tied.

jeanie on August 28, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Mommypundit on August 28, 2009 at 8:56 AMAnd you’re still whining I see.
Now I have to get to work. Have a nice day.

Deanna on August 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM

humorless. Take care, though!

Mommypundit on August 28, 2009 at 9:38 AM

As others have said – unless/until Minnery makes public WHO they were talking to in the Palin camp he’s just trying to make her look bad.

Hard to understand why some here find it so unbelievable that these groups just might be trying to ride her skirttails for publicity? Wouldn’t she be publicizing her attendance at these events that she’s “supposedly agreed to attend?” What politcian passes up an opportunity to draw an audience?

And the same people who have dismissed Palin as no longer significant seem to be the same ones carping because she’s not attending things. Are we to believe that they’re so upset because they’re going tomiss a chance to see her?

Can anyone imagine the hit count at HA if AP didn’t have Palin to mock?

katiejane on August 28, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Gee, for a “flake” whose only redeeming characteristic is her “looks”, she sure does have a lot of groups clamoring for her to appear on their behalf. I guess they’re not at all fearful that she might become the “face” of their cause. Fancy that.

littleguy on August 28, 2009 at 9:39 AM

littleguy on August 28, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Probably the same groups that think Obama was born in Kenya and whisked back in the US. There is a constituency for her but she is not mainstream. Have you seen her negatives? Of course, the Dem would like for her to become the face of the GOP.

Chekote on August 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Chekote on August 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

If she was pro-abortion, you would support Sarah like you do Rudy.

kingsjester on August 28, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Chekote on August 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

In what way is she not “mainstream” — and I’m not talking about the Tina Fey caricature of Palin, I mean the real Palin? Personally, I’m glad she’s a leader in the GOP and I hope she continues to kick their backsides — something which will no doubt maintain her negatives.

littleguy on August 28, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Chekote on August 28, 2009 at 8:57 AM

LOL. So far Obama is the one taking punches from Palin.

littleguy on August 28, 2009 at 9:13 AM

We both LOL’ed!

Sapwolf on August 28, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Chekote on August 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Dude, you have done absolutely NO homework on Palin.

If Rudy was competent, he would have done better in the primaries.

Examine Palin’s record. Clean and competent and Rudy would agree.

By the way, Rudy should be running for governor to kick that blind guy out, not entertaining delusions of being POTUS.

And Mitt should be going 100% to win that Senate seat left over from the Swimmer.

Sapwolf on August 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Something doesn’t ring true. The Ventura County Women Republicans also thought palin was commited to speaking at reagan libary in July, but same thing happened. Palin’s people said that she never made a commitment.

What’s going on with Palin’s organization? Is one of her youngsters running it?

jbh45 on August 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM

gocatholic on August 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM

You posted exactly what I was trying to articulate to some people at my Mom & Dad’s 50th. She quit for the same reason I quit my last job: with the project over, there was very little for me to do in the situation to earn the six figures I was getting. I resigned because I felt guilty that I was falling WAY short earning what I was being paid. I told them to hire a junior person or do away with the position now that they were live on the s/w and settling in.

I understood her fully and why she resigned.

YOU GET HER!!! Unlike most people here.

She REALLY believes that people in government should serve the people and not themselves.

And yes, as much as I would like her to run, that door will not be opened by her. If it is opened she may walk through it.

And yes, she is the ANTI-OBAMA. Pick any issue and she is the opposite.

That is why I would not write her off even if she is low in the polls.

Sapwolf on August 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Chris_Balsz on August 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Screw that. Don’t even let their planes get off the ground. Strafe’em on the runway.

Why do you think I discourage Romneyites?

Because I don’t want government-run healthcare.

Sapwolf on August 28, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Remember:

If you don’t support Romney in 2012, you are a RINO.

/sarcasm

Lothar on August 28, 2009 at 11:49 AM

What’s going on with Palin’s organization? Is one of her youngsters running it?

jbh45 on August 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Perhaps one of her youngsters should be running the Ventura County Women Republicans, or perhaps the Alaska Family Council. Even a child would be able to contact Meg and get a confirmation. Sounds to me like these folks are trying to weasel a commitment out of Palin through the back door, or something.

littleguy on August 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Pro-life group: Palin said she’d attend our event; Palin: No, I didn’t

That’s a misleading headline there, Allahpundit. It gives the impression that she was distancing herself from the pro-life movement. A more accurate headline would be something like: Pro-Life Group and Palin Get Wires Crossed.

Allah, I am getting a little weary of your National Enquirer type come ons to generate traffic. It’s becoming more obvious and more annoying.

Joe Pyne on August 28, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Phooey on the liberal elite Alaska Family Council for trying to make Buttercup look even more incompetent.

Everybody knows she schedules via Facebook wall, or the Quitter Twitter.

benny shakar on August 28, 2009 at 3:26 PM