Ted Kennedy, 1932-2009

posted at 7:32 am on August 26, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Ted Kennedy lost his battle with brain cancer last night and died at the age of 77.  Kennedy, whose life was marked with tragedies and losses as well as self-inflicted scandals but also with legislative victories and power, had been ill for the last year, and had missed most of the 2009 session of Congress as a result:

Edward M. Kennedy, one of the most powerful and influential senators in American history and one of three brothers whose political triumphs and personal tragedies captivated the nation for decades, died late Tuesday at his home in Hyannis Port, Mass., at age 77. He had been battling brain cancer.

His family announced his death in a brief statement released early Wednesday. “We’ve lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism, and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever,” the statement said. “We thank everyone who gave him care and support over this last year, and everyone who stood with him for so many years in his tireless march for progress toward justice, fairness and opportunity for all.” …

Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, was the last male survivor of a privileged and charismatic family that in the 1960s dominated American politics and attracted worldwide attention. His sister Eunice Kennedy Shriver, founder of the Special Olympics, died two weeks ago, also in Hyannis Port. One sibling, former U.S. ambassador to Ireland Jean Kennedy Smith, is still alive.

As heir through tragedy to his accomplished older brothers — President John F. Kennedy and Sen. Robert F. Kennedy (D-N.Y.), both of whom were assassinated — Edward Kennedy became the patriarch of his clan and a towering figure in the U.S. Senate to a degree neither of his siblings had been.

That last is a little unfair to John and Robert, who were both assassinated before their parents had died.  Had they survived, John and and then Robert would almost certainly have assumed that role.  Both deaths were American tragedies, but they were deeply personal tragedies for all of the Kennedys, and Ted had that role thrust upon him to a large extent through two assassins’ bullets.

As Michelle says, we will have plenty of time to analyze Kennedy’s life and work, but today is a day to give comfort to Kennedy’s family.  They will be in my prayers.

Update: Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader, issued this statement:

“It is with great sadness that Elaine and I note the passing of Senator Ted Kennedy, one of the giants of American political life, a longtime Senate colleague, and a friend.

“No one could have known the man without admiring the passion and vigor he poured into a truly momentous life. We send our deepest expressions of sympathy to Vicki, his children, and the entire Kennedy family.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 18

On behalf of the British people, may I be one of the first to extend my deepest condolensces to the American liberal movement.

And to American conservatives… meh. All I can say is, if there’s a God then Teddy will be having the cr*p judged out of him about now.

Brace yourselves for a Princess Diana-esque bout of collective national madness.

EnglishMike on August 26, 2009 at 7:35 AM

They will be in your prayers Ed. People will morn for him.

Unfortunately they work in the Kremlin. Enemies of America, illegal aliens, and parasites who want others to sacrifice their hard work, sweat, and labor so said parasite can sit on its butt and crap out crack-babies, and drunk drivers lost an ally/hero today.

Blarg the Destroyer on August 26, 2009 at 7:37 AM

As Michelle says, we will have plenty of time to analyze Kennedy’s life and work, but today is a day to give comfort to Kennedy’s family. They will be in my prayers.

I would not expect much of that “comfort” from this group of commenters, judging by the overnight threads.

Nice try though, Ed.

Brian1972 on August 26, 2009 at 7:37 AM

media whitewash in 3… 2…

jdub on August 26, 2009 at 7:37 AM

I have made a lot of jokes at the expense of that man and I know others on our side have too. Today though I pray for his family and that our side keeps it civil.

pritzcovan on August 26, 2009 at 7:39 AM

A killer dies. Yawn.

angryed on August 26, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Being born to a family of such means, Senator Kennedy could well have decided there were far simpler and less agonizing ways he could spend his time than to devote his life to public service. That he chose to do so, and to suffer the stings that often come with a career in statecraft, is a tribute to Kennedy’s deep committment to America.

radjah shelduck on August 26, 2009 at 7:40 AM

EnglishMike on August 26, 2009 at 7:35 AM

I concur. There will be gratuitous coverage for the rest of the week and maybe next week. But, it may be justified and irrevocable; he was the last of a bygone era. I’m not going to let politics bogged down my post, my condolences to the Kennedy family.

Cr4sh Dummy on August 26, 2009 at 7:40 AM

The left was just so fair and kind to Novak. /sarc

Pssst..blank all posts out on this thread. It would be the best for all concerned.

IlikedAUH2O on August 26, 2009 at 7:41 AM

May God have mercy on His soul.

Martha on August 26, 2009 at 7:42 AM

I never met or knew him but I think it would have been worth it. My Condolensces

Bruce on August 26, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Man the Kennedy family has been through a lot, and while I disagree with the man’s policies today is a day where we should so respect to the man’s family.

lavell12 on August 26, 2009 at 7:42 AM

No comment.

rightside on August 26, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Teddy has gone on to his Just Reward.

About which it would be rude of me to speculate.
__________

RJGatorEsq. on August 26, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Disagree entirely.
I pray for his family but I do not praise his career or personal deeds.

clorensen on August 26, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Who wants to bet that the Dems use this to try and pass ObamaCare?

lavell12 on August 26, 2009 at 7:43 AM

I wonder who he left his Senate seat to in his will.

Dollayo on August 26, 2009 at 7:44 AM

R.I.P.

1921 C DRUM on August 26, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Bye.

javamartini on August 26, 2009 at 7:45 AM

I’m sorry but this whole Kennedy adoration thing is just a little bit too much. Teddy Kennedy was a flawed man and today is not the day to constantly point out the flaws but I’m not going to pretend that the man was some sort of a saint either. Teddy Kennedy’s family deserves our prayers but so does the family of the woman he killed. I will not be part of the whitewash though I will attempt to keep it civil since I was disgusted the way the left jumped on Reagan and Thurmond within minutes of their deaths being announced.

highhopes on August 26, 2009 at 7:45 AM

I don’t normally drink. Today, I shall. Adios, Ted. Is it hot down there?

Lincoln Cadillac on August 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

I’m better off saying nothing.

darwin on August 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Condolences to his family.

Who wants to bet that the Dems use this to try and pass ObamaCare?

lavell12 on August 26, 2009 at 7:43 AM

NPR is already in full mode on this. I would like to take a day’s respite for those who choose to mourn, but it seems the Left has already intended to use his death for their political ends.

rbj on August 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Judge Not,Then rejoice and turn off the TV,we will have a wall to wall BS session about the lion or is it LYING sack of stuff? Worse no doubt than the gloved one’s demise.
Great swimmer and wonderful inquisitor of good judges. Hell of a guy that ted now we will have to have health care as it would have saved him.
Some place Mary Jo and her family have to be relieved.

Col.John Wm. Reed on August 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

RIP Teddy. Though I couldn’t stand your politics, NO ONE can deny you were a force to be reckoned with.

I know the next couple weeks are going to be sickening watching the Dems turn Teddy’s passing into some bizarre Welstone-ish freak show.

/endeavor to persevere

44Magnum on August 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

jdub on August 26, 2009 at 7:37 AM

yeah, he was such a ‘champion for the common man’ /sarc

Stuffed-shirt, lying, murdering, elitist. There will be another right behind him.

JoeAvg on August 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Driving drunk and leaving a young woman to die is a “self-inflicted scandal?”

Sorry, folks, all the people who told us that Michael Jackson was not to be mourned because he was an alleged child molester are now telling us we should be mourning someone who committed negligent homicide. Sorry, I’m not mourning him and his family doesn’t need my prayers.

BigD on August 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

That last is a little unfair to John and Robert,

Yeah, I don’t get that either. My guess is that Joe Holley is comparing just the three brothers’ senatorial careers, not their other accomplishments (like, you know, becoming president). If we’re talking Senate, sure, Ted lasted a lot longer than the other two — but it’s not like JFK left for a bad job.

LastRick on August 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Who wants to bet that the Dems use this to try and pass ObamaCare?

lavell12 on August 26, 2009 at 7:43 AM

That is the first thing I thought as well. The whole “do it for Teddy” mentality. I feel for his famliy but if the dems use his death to push this bill through they will be doing a bigger dis-service to his legacy than anyone on this blog ever could.

milwife88 on August 26, 2009 at 7:47 AM

I fearlessly predict that Obama will make a speech in the next few days which goes something like:

“Senator Kennedy dedicated his life to reforming America’s healthcare system, and he was always prepared to reach across the aisle to work with political opponents; so we could pay no greater tribute to his memory than to put aside partisan divisions, and work together to pass the healthcare reform that Americans deserve, and so deperately need.”

EnglishMike on August 26, 2009 at 7:47 AM

I wonder if he sought forgiveness and redemption over the death of Mary Jo Kapechne. I hope so.

Hopefully he finds peace.

Rode Werk on August 26, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Who wants to bet that the Dems use this to try and pass ObamaCare?

lavell12 on August 26, 2009 at 7:43 AM

That was going to happen anyway. Imagine the theatrics of Kennedy being called from his deathbed to cast a vote for Obamacare in the Senate.

highhopes on August 26, 2009 at 7:47 AM

My condolences to his family.

TV to off mode.

tarpon on August 26, 2009 at 7:47 AM

I don’t have anything good to say, so…

Browncoatone on August 26, 2009 at 7:48 AM

MSM: We must pass health care ASAP as an honor to the man:

American Idiot Public: duuhhhh OK

angryed on August 26, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Note to Senator Kennedy: Mary Jo Kapechne will soon be available for comment.

highhopes on August 26, 2009 at 7:48 AM

I would like to be the first to call for a special election to replace ‘the lion of the Senate’ with, you know, a real person.

Dollayo on August 26, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Who wants to bet that the Dems use this to try and pass ObamaCare?

lavell12 on August 26, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Let’s hope they do. Nothing can steal their determination and raise the ire of the right more than the mention of this man’s name.

rplat on August 26, 2009 at 7:48 AM

“And thus I clothe my naked villany with old odd ends stoln from holy writ and seem the saint when most I play the devil.”

lm10001 on August 26, 2009 at 7:48 AM

My condolences to his family.

TV to off mode.

tarpon on August 26, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

LastRick on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

RIP Mary JO (FINALLY) and the unborn fetuses who were killed by the programs Sen. Kennedy supported.

Now watch the Liberals try a “Wellstone” and have Sen. Kennedy’s passing as a rallying cry to try and pass ObamaCare.

RedRobin145 on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

As someone who strongly believes that all life is precious and that we are each here for a reason, I respectfully bow my head in prayer for Ted Kennedy and for his family. Although I am ideologically opposed to everything he stood for, this is not the time for ill words. His God alone will judge him.

Logic on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

radjah shelduck on August 26, 2009 at 7:40 AM

I disagree entirely. “Public service” has come to mean “feeding at the public trough”–and I don’t limit that to Kennedy. No politician is sacrificing for his country–they fight to stay in for the perks and the power.

I am sorry for the Kennedy’s in their grief, as I would be for any family who has lost a loved one.

DrMagnolias on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Also what’s with all this prayer stuff? Don’t you remember Kennedy and the rest of the libDems think praying is only something backwater yokels do. Come on people. This is like Hitler dying and http://www.jewishworld.com asking for prayers for his family. You’ve got to be kidding me.

angryed on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Wow.. The least you idiots who are dumping on this man can do is give it a rest for at least one day.

Afrolib on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

No comment……….

Virginia Shanahan on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Goodbye and good riddance.

And that’s as nice as I can be about this.

xardoz on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Two Kennedy kids in one month – wow. Only one, Jean Kennedy Smith (81) is left. RIP but I have little regard for his career.

KillerKane on August 26, 2009 at 7:50 AM

Remembering Teddy without remarking on the fact that he left a young woman to die a slow and agonising death in a submerged car while he staggered off to get his story straight is like having a debate about torture while pretending that 9/11 never happened.

There’s nothing uncivil about telling the truth.

EnglishMike on August 26, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Dear Ed and Michelle: Thank you for your most generous comments on this event. I confess that I judged the Senator quite harshly during his life. But today, I pray that those who loved Ted Kennedy are comforted in their sorrow. And I’m not the judge of what happens in the next life. God works in mysterious ways, and I am grateful for His Mercy.

Loxodonta on August 26, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Who wants to bet that the Dems use this to try and pass ObamaCare?

lavell12 on August 26, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Isn’t it more likely this will be used to mess with the appointment of senators in Massachusetts? I hardly see Feingold retracting yesterday’s not-before-Christmas statement now that Senator Kennedy has passed, well, this changes everything.

LastRick on August 26, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Afrolib on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Shut up you communist a$$hole.

darwin on August 26, 2009 at 7:51 AM

DIBS ON THE LIVER!!!!!!

hanoverfist on August 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM

He is beyond our judgement now.

His acts are not beyond our judgement, and we will live with their effects, as will our children. It is time to dismantle his legacy, and his successor in the Senate will lack his seniority. I celebrate that.

The man was extremely clever in the ways of power, extremely soft-hearted and soft-headed in most others. And I have first-hand testimony that he lacked the combination of practical wisdom and personal responsibility that we want of someone in power. The death of Mary Jo Kopechne is just what we could have expected of the man.

Had he other virtues, his tenacity might have been a blessing. He made it a curse.

njcommuter on August 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM

sympathy for his family

rob verdi on August 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Afrolib on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

That’s what you said when Reagan died, right?

angryed on August 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Afrolib on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Mary Jo Kopechne was not available for comment.

Cricket624 on August 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Seemingly brain-dead throughout his long career, he ironically succumbed to brain cancer.

That last is a little unfair to John and Robert, who were both assassinated before their parents had died. Had they survived, John and and then Robert would almost certainly have assumed that role.

There’s an understatement, Ed.

Jaibones on August 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I pray that he repented of supporting the slaughter of millions of innocent souls, before he has to come face to face with their Creator.

Don L on August 26, 2009 at 7:53 AM

There is nothing posted here that will even come close to the vileness written about Novak of Tony Snow.

rob verdi on August 26, 2009 at 7:53 AM

radjah shelduck on August 26, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Well that certainly is the spin going into the propaganda the state-run media has been preparing for months.

Perhaps it is more accurate to sum up Kennedy as a paternalist who is the epitome of liberal eltism. Throughout his 47 years in the Senate he worked to make Americans more and more dependent on their government. His actions both helped and hindered Americans and he will be most remembered for his scandals and not his legislative accomplishments.

BTW, Kennedy was never qualified to do anything but sit in the Senate. He couldn’t have made it in a real job away from the “stings” of public office. He was the neer-do-well slacker who was thrust into the Senate by the untimely deaths of the Kennedy brothers that had been groomed for public service.

highhopes on August 26, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I think I will go to Ace of Spades now. I won’t respond like the left did when Tony Snow died, but I can’t think of anything nice to say, either.

alliebobbitt on August 26, 2009 at 7:53 AM

RIP Teddy

Mary Jo

adplusone on August 26, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Look on the bright side, won’t Mass and the feds now get hundreds of millions in estate taxes?

RIP Ted.

SouthernRoots on August 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM

They want us to mourn for him, yet who mourns for the millions of fetuses that have died because of his support for abortion?

bloggless on August 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM

In the next couple of days, as Obama and the left crassly exploit this death in order to pass ObamaCare, the irony will be that as they lie and lie and lie about who Ted Kennedy was, they’ll be reinforcing the American peoples’ belief that they’re lying and lying and lying about the health care takeover.

Rational Thought on August 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Afrolick on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Go back to DU for their State Funeral proceedings if the truth offends.

Jaibones on August 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM

ted kennedy the “tommy boy” of politics, only tommy boy never killed anyone.

weewilly on August 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM

The last significant scion of a putative American political dynasty that failed of its promise. His policies past and present are abhorrent to me, the product of a mind too long breathing the rarified air of privilege and theory; and, thus, unable to comprehend the challenges and triumphs of individual liberty. Yet, one must acknowledge that the man was a national political force for almost 50 years and, in my opinion, salvaged himself from absurdity and irrelevance by doing what he was elected to do.

Peace to those who respected and loved him, no doubt there are many.

For me, I believe he will have some very difficult questions from his God to answer about many things (like all of us). No doubt some of those questions will have been submitted by Mary Jo Kopechne.

Tamaqua on August 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Having lived n MI all my life, I have no personal feelings toward the Kennedy family what so ever. I have never understood the obsession. I truely do not feel the impact of his passing on any level.

That said, I would not wish brain cancer on anyone. And I say a small prayer for the family left behind.

mechkiller_k on August 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM

I hope Glenn Beck doesn’t change his show this week to cover it.

As for Ted, I just hope they have an election and don’t go ahead and change the law back in his “honor”.

And I hope the funeral isn’t Thursday night, I’ll be pissed it it pre-empted Big Brother.

As you can see, I’m pretty torn up about his death.

darwin-t on August 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM

As they say….

(……………………………..)

’nuff said.

franksalterego on August 26, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I understand the feds can’t touch his money. I read that it’s sheltered very nicely.

bloggless on August 26, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Only one, Jean Kennedy Smith (81) is left.

So does she get the Senate seat?

EnglishMike on August 26, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I’m sorry …

But Ted Kennedy, for me, will remain the little man who did everything he could to escape judgement when he killed a young woman …

Then he went on to a career in the Senate where he shamelessly had no problem in judging others. Don’t know how many times we had to listen to Kennedy pontificate and ecscoriate good people like Judge Bork, or Donald Rumsfeld. Perfect people? No … but people that nonetheless had done far less wrong in their lives than he.

I don’t think it’s wrong to bring this up at the time of his death. This is the Kennedy legacy – one of hypocracy and shamelessness. Let us never forget – the media pronounced Richard Nixon “A Disgraced Man” for covering up a botched breakin that he only found out about after the fact. No one was hurt or certainly killed in that breakin.

If Nixon was a disgraced man for covering up a breakin – then what does that make Ted Kennedy? A man who killed a woman and then tried to cover it up?

Peace to his ashes.

HondaV65 on August 26, 2009 at 7:56 AM

My deepest condolences to the Kennedy family.

However, I personally find it difficult as well as hypocritical to mourn the loss of a scoundrel.

Barb Dwyer on August 26, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Afrolib on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Remarking on the man’s entire career is not “dumping” on him. You want to worship Kennedy today? Turn on MSNBC.

highhopes on August 26, 2009 at 7:56 AM

What makes everyone think the kennedys are over? They remainders will now start to fight like a bunch of cocks in a pit to see who will take Ted’s spot. People like them never go away. It’s like Whack a mole. They just keep popping back up.

bloggless on August 26, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Afrolib on August 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Sorry bub, but this man repulsed me. He was the antitheses of everything I value. He was a hero to those that are determined to ruin America. Therefore, he was my enemy.
If you think the left would act differently, then review history.

JoeAvg on August 26, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Even more ironic is that under Obamacare, would a 76 year old even be approved to have surgery on terminal brain cancer to only extend his life for a year?

Nice to see Teddy’s last act though was to try to overturn his crybaby act from 2004 to be an even bigger crybaby to insure his replacement is not elected by the people.

cadams on August 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM

How extraordinary to see an individual born to great privilege who spent his career battling not to protect and to extend it, but to expand opportunities to all Americans. I chuckled this morning when I read that he was a major force behind the 1964 immigration bill that ended racist quotas on Asians — I wonder if MM indirectly has Teddy to thank for her citizenship (I have no idea how her family came here, just having a little laugh).

Poor children with health care, women with athletic opportunities, poor people with higher minimum wages — for all his flaws, he improved millions of lives, often while working across the aisle in ways that are increasingly unimaginable. Even those who disagreed with his position can learn from his compassion and comity.

One hopes that he was right, that the dream, indeed, shall never die.

Bleeds Blue on August 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM

There’s nothing uncivil about telling the truth.

EnglishMike on August 26, 2009 at 7:51 AM

For what it’s worth, Mike. I had my alarm-radio on, and the first news I heard of his death mentioned Kopeckne.

Jaibones on August 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM

bloggless on August 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Not to mention the thousands of young American men killed by the war his brothers escalated and he supported.

highhopes on August 26, 2009 at 7:59 AM

It’s very hard to hear anything here. The party broke out at my house a few hours ago. Someone got a copy of that old song that used to be played at the big political conventions: “Happy Days Are Here Again!”. This party in my family will last for days! Someone showed up with a life size cardboard cut out of Ted that we hung in effigy in the back yard.
Later after the dog chews up the bottom part we’ll let the little one use the remainder for target practice. Excuse me for a secong, I think my other brother just showed up with his family.

Jeff from WI on August 26, 2009 at 7:59 AM

R.I.P.

With a little luck, Charon pilots his craft better than you.

Doorgunner on August 26, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I was overcome with sorrow this morning. I checked the DVR and last night’s Red Eye was preempted for coverage of this.

TugboatPhil on August 26, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I wish the man eternal peace, and as Ed says, comfort for his family.

mikeyboss on August 26, 2009 at 8:00 AM

It is my hope that an enduring characteristic of the right, and one that distinguishes the right clearly from the left, is to at all times be honorable. This is one of those times where that ability to be honorable is tested.

Some people loved him, and today, they mourn him. Those who mourn have my sympathy.

shaken on August 26, 2009 at 8:00 AM

TugboatPhil on August 26, 2009 at 7:59 AM

ROFL..(High Five)

Jeff from WI on August 26, 2009 at 8:00 AM

I wish I could find some sympathy but Kennedy was a one man wrecking ball whose negative impact on the US economy, culture, and political body will never be overcome. He for example is the single most important cause of our massively out of control immigration problem having led the 1965 immigration overhaul he promised from the Senate floor wouldn’t increase 3rd world immigration and transform our cities. Guess he was wrong. He was an incredibly divisive figure who would likely have been a back bencher had he not been able to leverage the Kennedy name. Good riddance.

DerKrieger on August 26, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Well,even tho Ted Kennedy was a Liberal,
it does not matter,for Ted is an AMERICAN!

Prayer`s and condolence to the Kennedy family.

canopfor on August 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I guess this comment thread is an attempt to see how much lower in the gutter Hot Air can go.

cornfedbubba on August 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

for all his flaws, he improved millions of lives …

Bleeds Blue on August 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM

And took one.

HondaV65 on August 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I am sorry that I can not offer gushing things to say about a man whose flawed character and lack of honor was so visible to the world 40 years ago when some young woman was left to drown while this spineless individual saved himself and tried to lie his way out of taking responsibility.

That 8 hour lapse of character and honor will always overshadow any positive impacts he made in his life.

karenhasfreedom on August 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Can we put those windmills up, now?

bloggless on August 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Why is it when pond scum dies, everyone feels compelled to find at least one nice thing to say about him? Death does not somehow neutralize the evil that person produced in life.

(stolen from a commenter on Wizbang)

Elastic Jordan on August 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Only the good die young.

I wished Teddy to RIP long ago. Long past due.

He may as well have made a pact with the devil.

maverick muse on August 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Err uhh……nevermind, I got nothing…believing in karma and all that.

May God have mercy on his soul

Jerome Horwitz on August 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

cornfedbubba on August 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Scram.

bloggless on August 26, 2009 at 8:03 AM

I think if the left wants to use his death to push universal health care, we need to point out that a man his age with brain cancer likely would receive only “pain pills” under a government plan.

mikeyboss on August 26, 2009 at 8:03 AM