Manufactured outrage of the day: Town-hall questioner calls himself a “proud right-wing terrorist”

posted at 7:57 pm on August 26, 2009 by Allahpundit

Olbermann spent a few minutes on this last night, wetting himself at the idea that anyone might use a term like “terrorist” loosely or lightly even though he’s been doing it himself for years. Now HuffPo’s picked up the meme. I can’t tell if they’re honestly oblivious to this guy’s sarcasm or if they’re picking it up just fine and ignoring it in the interest of political point-scoring, but he’s laying it on with a trowel. Do liberals really not get the references here? He claims to have said things that are “fishy,” he’s attended one of those mob-like tea parties, and now, heaven forbid, he’s embraced the “terrorist” within: He’s transparently mocking the left’s hysterical demagoguery over grassroots conservatives’ protests. And the left is either too dumb or too dishonest to recognize it. Righteous exit quotation:

“Congressman Herger stands by his statement in support of his constituent,” read a statement from his office. “Mr. Bert Stead is a taxpayer and veteran, who, like so many others, is rightfully fed up with being called ‘un-American’, or ‘extremist’ or a ‘political terrorist’ by liberals in Washington, for simply exercising his First Amendment rights. Mr. Stead served his country and therefore he is a great American. The Congressman doesn’t at all regret commending him for standing up, exercising his free speech rights, and expressing his strong concerns with the direction liberals in Washington are taking our country.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I followed the link to DailyKos and thought “surely not every single kool-aid drinkin’, tin foil hat wearin’, loonies that comment on DailyKos can be as dense as to not see the blatant sarcasm and irony that the rest of us notice”. I was wrong.

On the plus side, I now know why the dems are horrible at National Security. They are apparently under the impression that terrorists will call themselves out a large public gatherings in front of legislators so they can promptly be arrested.

Rightwingguy on August 26, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Rightwingguy on August 26, 2009 at 10:55 PM

HuffPo not DailyKos. Sorry.

Rightwingguy on August 26, 2009 at 10:56 PM

FIRST BOOK OF GOVERNMENT PSALM 2009

Obama is the shepherd I did not want.
He leadeth me beside the still factories.
He restoreth my faith in the Republican party.
He guideth me in the path of unemployment for his party’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the bread line,
I shall fear no hunger for his bailouts are with me.
He has anointed my income with taxes,
My expenses runneth over.
Surely, poverty and hard living will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will live in a mortgaged home forever.
I am glad I am American,
I am glad that I am free.
But I wish I was a dog …
And Obama was a tree.

bill30097 on August 26, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Encore, encore!

Blacksmith on August 26, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Do you have anything at all to add to the discourse or did you just come here to sling poo like an unhappy monkey?

hillbillyjim on August 26, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Well to be perfectly honest, poo on your face is an improvement.

Norman Blizter on August 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Well to be perfectly honest, poo on your face is an improvement.
Norman Blizter on August 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM

*snicker*

5th grade retort.

Shambhala on August 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Not to worry,
McCain & cronies will make everything ok again… sarc/off
Let’s face it, Obama and his Thugs are driving our country and hemisphere toward a catasrophic economic and political crisis, so that he can ride in and save US from ourselves. No doubt that Marshall Law is in the BO, Axlerod, Rahmn, and Holder playbook. The Tyrants and their usefull idiots are on the march across history again. It took WWII and 50 years of ColdWars to put those fascist bastagges back in their box. Wonder, how many American Patriots today will have the intestinal fortitude for a fight – if push comes to shove? Or will we just rollover and pretend that a little bit of RINO Appeasement will save the USA for our progeny?

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on August 27, 2009 at 12:30 AM

I honestly think that the liberals are to stupid to realize that this guy is being sarcastic.

Erockk on August 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM

I can’t decide whom I more impressed with. The speaker’s words or Herger’s statement defending his freedom to say it (!)

seesalrun on August 27, 2009 at 1:12 AM

…ignoring it in the interest of political point-scoring

Bingo, they’re pretending to be offended. It’s pathetic.

mudskipper on August 27, 2009 at 3:24 AM

Maybe they are too stupid to get the sarcasm, or maybe they are too busy being hysterical demagogues to understand this man is mocking their hysteria.

Terrye on August 27, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Not to worry,
McCain & cronies will make everything ok again… sarc/off

Terrye on August 27, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Satire Goes Over Chris Matthews’ Head

StewartIII on August 27, 2009 at 1:31 AM

LOTS OF THINGS GO OVER TINGLES MATTHEWS HEAD!

BobAnthony on August 27, 2009 at 7:20 AM

A q

I’m an American.

And shamed by it…

Advocate For Change on August 27, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Sorry for my previous comment fail.

Here’s a comment from the HuffPo link.

I’m an American.

And shamed by it…

I think that pretty much sums up liberalism, right?

Advocate For Change on August 27, 2009 at 8:50 AM

No doubt that Marshall Law is in the BO, Axlerod, Rahmn, and Holder playbook.

On Watch on August 27, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Watch this video…

Keemo on August 27, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Rightwingguy on August 26, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Deanna on August 27, 2009 at 8:59 AM

The looney toon left only hurts their cause with this type of BS. It angers sensible people, which happen to be the majority in this country. Come on 2010!!!!!!!!!!

joedoe on August 27, 2009 at 9:32 AM

two words that classify this constituent as a “terrorist”

Mr. Bert Stead is a taxpayer and veteran

Just ask the Department of Homeland security.

AASLT on August 27, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Considering how unconcerned the left are about terrorism, they are sure worried about what a concerned citizen said.

The only thing this guy did was shoot of his mouth for once; something those who find fault with him do in a lot less civil manor.

The Rock on August 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Well to be perfectly honest, poo on your face is an improvement.

Norman Blizter on August 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Norman! THE Norman Blizter from Debbie’s site????

Wow!!!! THE NORMAN BLIZTER!!!!

see what happens when open registration happens….fun but dicey.

poppieseeds on August 27, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Erockk on August 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Oh yeah, you are absolutely right…that what is so great, they go about expounding on this, and the thoughful ones will say, “wait a minute, he is dissing the left”.
Oh, the irony, dKos and Huffpo doing our work…carrying out message.

right2bright on August 27, 2009 at 11:51 AM

OnWatch:..McCain is not the guy pushing the health care bills or the stimulus or the rest of this. Just sayin. Terrye on August 27, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Terrye:
The Republican abdicator, aka McCain is an enabler for these tax-payer rip-offs. His latest cross-isle appeasment offer to the Democrats effectively attempts to thwart the Town Hall conservative protestors efforts to defeat the these obomanations. McCain is the GOP’s worst problem! As he clearly demonstrated in his toothless campaign against the Obama machine. Just sayin.

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on August 27, 2009 at 12:51 PM

The talking point for the left is to denigrate anyone that does not agree with them. Any possible quote that can be twisted in it’s meaning to support their cause becomes real to them.

Do not forget the letter from Reid to Clear Channel regarding the lie spread by the left regarding Rush Limbaugh.

The propaganda and dishonesty becomes so normal for some, that they cannot see beyond it.

Freddy on August 27, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I have come to the conclusion that the left is both, too dumb and too dishonest to recognize the truth when it is staring them in the face.

rightminded1 on August 27, 2009 at 3:24 PM