Video: Glenn Beck goes after Obama czar … who founded group that’s boycotting him

posted at 7:34 pm on August 24, 2009 by Allahpundit

A short biographical sketch of revolutionary turned “green jobs czar” Van Jones that’s missing one tiny detail from his resume: He co-founded Color of Change, the lefty outfit that’s spearheading the much-publicized boycott of Beck that may or may not actually exist. It’s a little shady that Beck doesn’t disclose that here, although maybe he mentioned it at some other point in the show. Can anyone who watched from start to finish confirm or deny? Either way, consider this a vivid illustration of Karl’s theory that one of the reasons Obama’s gone czar-crazy is to bypass the Senate confirmation process. Imagine the field day the GOP would have with Jones’s past if he had to answer questions.

Exit question: Dude?

Update: Beck fans are saying in the comments that he didn’t mention Jones’s CoC background elsewhere on the show, but that the cause and effect here are reversed: In fact it’s Beck who’s been after Jones for some time and only recently did CoC launch its boycott, presumably as retaliation.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

How much do these whack jobs get paid? What in our constitution or laws allows the president to continually create positions that our government never saw in nearly 200 years?

shick on August 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Charles over at LGF has a hard-on for Glenn. Why? Charlie calls Glenn’s show the Glenn Beck Comedy Hour. That’s funny because I call LGF the Charles Johnson Echo Chamber. Does it really matter to Charlie?

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 25, 2009 at 12:47 PM

There is a CONFLICT OF INTERESTS given that Eric Holder’s former law firm provided the legal defense for GITMO terrorists. THAT explains his disloyalty to the USA and turning the prosecution away from ACORN and the NEW BLACK PANTHERS in order to destabilize the nation’s security via his (along with Obama, Pelosi and the ACLU) take down of the CIA.

How can you go from defending enemy combatants to protecting our nation’s interests? You don’t, and that explains further Holder’s insistence to use the Dept. of Justice to defend our nation’s enemies and prosecute our national government.

maverick muse on August 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 25, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Didn’t Charles appear on Glenn’s CNN show back when he was focusing on the fauxtography controversy? Before Charles started having hallucinations of Nazis. Has Charles been on TV since?

Disturb the Universe on August 25, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Beck is the sole reason my family and I bought a DVR.
He has given a voice to many of us who feel exactly the way he does.
My family and I fear for his safety and pray for him.
When all is said and done, Beck may end up being a pivotal historic figure in our history.

God bless him.

vinceautmorire on August 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Disturb the Universe on August 25, 2009 at 12:56 PM

What is truly amazing is that his left wing looney website is linked from Hotair. What gives I wonder.

kangjie on August 25, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Rush certainly is on a roll today. So far I’ve heard his state Obama is un-American and wonders whether he hates this country. Not that I disagree with any of what he’s saying. But I also think he is friends with Glenn Beck and United We Stand, Divided We Fall when it comes to intimidation gestapo tactics of this administration.

Marcus on August 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM

kangjie on August 25, 2009 at 1:14 PM

What’s next? A link to DailyKos and the HuffPo?

By the way, I predict record ratings for Beck this week. His show is already slaughtering Olberdouce/Mad Ox combined despite his time slot.

And yes, there are plenty of advertisers…

Norwegian on August 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM

What’s next? A link to DailyKos and the HuffPo?
Norwegian on August 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM

At one time LGF was not a bad website, but it has rapidly gone down hill over the last year. Charles’s 15 minutes of fame went to his head which caused excessive pressure on his brain. No cure is available.

Dasher on August 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Glenn’s show is the most courageous on the air right now.

Glenn got shot down last night when he asked whatshisface if Obama might be collapsing the economy on purpose (I think Obama is doing just that), but other than that, it was a great show. I’m looking forward to the rest of this week’s shows.

Daggett on August 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM

At one time LGF was not a bad website

Dasher on August 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM

You could say the same thing about Andrew “Trig Troother” Sullivan. But you don’t see his page being linked to on HotAir.

Some cleanup is needed on the links imho.

Norwegian on August 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM

This guy Van Jones is just another commie czar. Is anyone in the Senate or House of Representatives speaking out against all these commie czars. We need a few Glenn Becks in both Houses.

MCGIRV on August 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Dasher on August 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Drill baby, Drill?

Icarr0331 on August 25, 2009 at 3:11 PM

How about the common thread to EVERYTHING in the Obama administration. Who is the main money launderer behind ACORN, SEIU, Apollo Project, colorofchange.org, Muscle for Money, Media Matters, moveon.org, Obama’s campaign, Hillary Clinton’s campaign, national healthcare legislation, Cap and Trade, Card Check….and our winner is…GEORGE SOROS.
What DOESN’T Soros, the admitted Nazi collaborator, have his filthy hands in? Soros even funded part of John McCain’s campaign.

nelsonknows on August 25, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Van Jones went after Glenn Beck AFTER Beck had exposed Jones, and his ACORN umbrella. Why didn’t Beck specifically mention colorofchange.org?….because Fox News asked him not to.

nelsonknows on August 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I dunno. I could never read anything at LGF. I’m not really into cheering arabs getting blown up.

tetriskid on August 25, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Good…but is Glenn Beck in any position to hurt Comrade Jones’s bottom line?

Beck is preaching to the choir, but at least a choir growing in size hopefully.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 25, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I try not to go overboard on this type of hyperbole, especially when it comes from Beck…..but is just scary

lahlon on August 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Good…but is Glenn Beck in any position to hurt Comrade Jones’s bottom line?

Beck is preaching to the choir, but at least a choir growing in size hopefully.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 25, 2009 at 4:23 PM

And Glenn’s choir VOTES.

Oink on August 25, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Why does this not surprise me? The Left is fighting total war…The right thinks this is a gentleman’s duel….

Tim Burton on August 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Rush is going to be on Glenn’s show tomorrow discussing the “diversity” czar.

I_C on August 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM

tetriskid on August 25, 2009 at 3:59 PM

When Charles was sane, he cheered JIHADIS getting blown up. Big difference.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM

after watching Glenn this week… still think Joe McCarthy was a paranoid bully?

MobsterinVA on August 25, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Watching Beck and I hate to say it but I think things are going to have to get ugly before we can stop what is happening. Look at all the things he is pointing out.
None of us would have a clue if it werent him and a couple others doing some digging.

The media will continue to ignore this. WE must spread this message. And sadly, it will take a real revolution to stop this, I believe. With out the media informing the public, with the majority of Americans remaining clueless about what is going on.

Beck says ask the questions. Okay so we do research and come to the conclusion that what he is telling us is for real. Then what? We will never be able to publicly ask the President these questions, forcing him on national tv to respond to these questions. Will our Congressmen/Senators ask these questions? WHat are we suppose to do?

bucsox79 on August 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I say just let the cowardly sponsors back out and go put their money on Obermans program and just wait for the great rewards. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

bluegrass on August 25, 2009 at 5:24 PM

You watching this?

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:27 PM

bucsox79 on August 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM

We have to hope some of the congress bleed, red, white and blue.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM

watching tessa. we are so screwed.

MobsterinVA on August 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I was talking to my friend today and I don’t think the military will turn on the American people.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I just don’t see it.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

no tessa, but weather underground would turn on the military

MobsterinVA on August 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I think he may have overplayed his hand, we will find out in Sept. how much power he has.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

sept is next week, and the MSM is busy drooling over CIA charges.

MobsterinVA on August 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I think you will start seeing ‘enough’ from those that love the country.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Beck just said his show yesterday blew the ratings off the roof. anyone have access to the details?

MobsterinVA on August 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

You have to know the MSM is now rendering themselves moot.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I am watching Beck on Blinko.com and usually 300 or so watch today 644, doubled plus.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM

wow

MobsterinVA on August 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I guess town halls are pretty much over with. But if they ever occur again, the questions Beck is bringing up need to be asked at these town halls. That is close as we can get to Washington.
We could try and flood the other networks with emails and phone calls but chances are they would ignore them. OR they would try and report on are concerns but make sure to leave out facts and twist their reporting to make everything look “okay”.

Everything as far as the facts are concerned that Beck is showing are down right scary. The potential for all of this meaning exactly what we think it means is frightenin

bucsox79 on August 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM

the boss is on Beck now

MobsterinVA on August 25, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Here’s Michelle.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM

bucsox, the 9/12 rally is in 2 weeks

MobsterinVA on August 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM

While Beck may not always be right, he brings up excellent questions. He also does research.

I wish Hannity and others would do that. I like Hannity but the guy repeats the same stuff over and over and I dont think he does a bit of research.

Imagine all the big tv and radio conservative/independant guys ALL doing research. Almost working together. More would get found out and more people would be reached.

I dont think Hannity and Levin like Beck. I think especially Hannity, feel threatened by him as far as ratings and popularity. Too bad they just cant all work together a bit.

bucsox79 on August 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I feel like I have to go for my kids.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Yeah, I often wonder if Hannity ignores some of this stuff out of spite because Beck found it.

MobsterinVA on August 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Beck got labeled a crazy. Maybe Fox wants to see how it pans out. There is plenty more for Hannity to talk about.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Hannity does the same thing on his radio show. Lots of mainstream “daily news” stuff.

MobsterinVA on August 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Glenn Beck is very brave.

tessa on August 25, 2009 at 5:59 PM

I couldn’t watch past 3:30 due to that irritating as Hell piano bed. Someone tell me how to get a job at FOX in the production department– they need me.

leftnomore on August 25, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Beck is on right now showing ALL of the communists in Obama’s past and present. He is playing Obama’s comment that if you want to know who he is just look at who he surrounds himself with.
We flat out asked Mr. President are you a communist?
Then he showed all of the anti capitalizim people and asked, Mr. President are you a capitalist?

My husband is telling me this. I have GOT to get a DVR so I can record this weeks shows. Glen said the white house called yesterday in the middle of the show and told him to knock it off! Do you believe that!

They better leave him alone. He better not have an “accident”!

patriotparty1 on August 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM

This is the best opportunity these communists have had to radically alter the country. They will not give up. They’ll have to be beaten back. I have no doubt that they will try to silence talk radio and people like Beck in the future. I also have no doubt they’ll use force to get what they want. These people are literally drooling because their prize is within reach.

darwin on August 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I may send Glenn an email and recommend him putting this weeks shows out on a DVD. Guarantee it would be a good seller. Possibly reach more people as well

bucsox79 on August 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM

LittleGreenFootballs.com has gone viral against Beck. What the heck his real beef with Beck? Beck has all the advertisers that he can handle. And, I doubt there is any truth to the list of those who have dropped him.

SC.Charlie on August 25, 2009 at 6:49 PM

FOXNEWS SHEP 1,860,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,114,000
CNN KING 1,063,000
MSNBC MADDOW 885,000
CNN COOPER 827,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 640,000

Wow, he is beating MSNBC by himself, and that is in the 5:00pm time slot. Bwhahahahahaha

armyaj09 on August 25, 2009 at 7:51 PM

This slow drip of destroying our country …I am amazed that no individual, no small group, no large group has launched an assault on certain certain individuals who are bent on destroying our freedom.

How long will we sit here and take this sh*t ???

I’m wondering what the world will be like at the start of the year 2012. Just think what if El Presidente gets a second term because the Bozo Americans who vote for the Idiot in Charge. There will be thousands of czars.

CEA_Agent on August 25, 2009 at 9:00 PM

SC.Charlie on August 25, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I wish I knew. I really enjoyed visiting that site. As I mentioned before, I hope that doesn’t happen here. Beck is one of the good guys. We don’t need to be an echo chamber, but let’s try to support conservatives.

4k78 on August 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I think it just shows how anxious we’re feeling – dreams are just things that on your mind, coming up to the surface as warnings. Better face what you’re worried about, head on, and make arrangements should they come to pass. And, don’t let these worries detract from what you have right now, this moment. Enjoy your life and all that’s in it. Take care.

fullogas on August 25, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Thanks for the encouraging words fullogas! Very inspirational. It is nice to know I am not alone.

margategop517 on August 25, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Charles over at LGF has a hard-on for Glenn. Why?

A couple of month ago I was ban from LGF because I said that Ron Paul and Peter Schiff had good economic policies.

Antagonist on August 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Exactly! Some of those doughy gamers soiled themselves when I suggested the same thing. Because I mentioned Ron Paul, I was tagged with supporting Nazis. Very disappointing because I used to frequent LGF for years before I actually even signed up last year. Now its like some pseudo conservative Democratic Underground site.

LA Conservative on August 25, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Sounds about right for Leninist/Maoist LGF.

nazo311 on August 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Well the green jobs czar supports open communism….just sayin….

nazo311 on August 25, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Antagonist on August 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Welcome to the club. In the future everyone will have been banned from LGF for 15 minutes.

Geochelone on August 26, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Beck is supposed to have Rush Limbaugh on his show, what are the bets it will be pre-empted by Ted Kennnedy coverage?
That’s all we need, a week solid of tributes to a dirtbag.

nelsonknows on August 26, 2009 at 4:08 AM

armyaj09 on August 25, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Have you ever tried to watch MSNBC?

I don’t know why everyone is so upset about a communist with a jail record running our green (whatever) program. Look at the walking human trash all over the White House.

IlikedAUH2O on August 26, 2009 at 7:47 AM

I guess town halls are pretty much over with

Not quite, bucsox. Ohio’s non-representing Sherrod Brown just added TWO townhalls to his schedule. We need to attend and make our presence known. Besides, TEA Parties are just ramping up! Make sure you get to some. If that doesn’t work for you, engage in Flag Waving Fridays at an overpass near you. Any Friday between 5-8 PM, stand safely on a major overpass and wave the red, white & blue. We were amazed at the response we got last week. Americans love this country and Old Glory!

indypat on August 26, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I urge ALL of you to look, and read, the following…

Once you’ve had your ‘fill’ there is yet another you should challenge yourself with in reading…

I can only say that my stomach is in knots and my brain is swirling in thoughts of how we are in some very SERIOUS territory.

lyfsatrip on August 26, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Is the boycott not real? Proof?

Jerricho68 on August 26, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I respectfully defended Beck on LGF and was banned for my dissent. Charles Johnson has gone round the bend folks, and LGF has jumped the shark. What a pity and a strange turn of events.

Exit Question: With Johnson constantly belittling Beck, and in light of Michelle Malkin’s frequent appearances on Beck’s show, why does Hot Air still link to Little Green Footballs?

DrW on August 26, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Who still reads LGF? They went the way of 8 tracks and the sony betamax years ago.

Jerricho68 on August 26, 2009 at 12:11 PM

DrW on August 26, 2009 at 11:58 AM

not surprising…a conservative darwiniac….an oxymoron if there ever was one…

right4life on August 26, 2009 at 12:21 PM

He’s been talking about Van Jones for weeks if not months - way before the whole boycott thing started….retaliation is right – but not by Beck – by Van Jones and his groupies

charlie36r on August 26, 2009 at 1:22 PM

…anyway, what does it matter if our President hangs out with communist radicals – he’s been doing it for the past 20+ years (smack!)

charlie36r on August 26, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Beck = PATRIOT!!

Khun Joe on August 26, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Palin asks her 800,000 Facebook friends to watch Beck today!

joedoe on August 26, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Oh Ooo, Glen went “czar goofy” again, today…?

Peter Orszag, whom Beck called “our budget czar,” “the proud Enron of czars” and said is “handy with a calculator,” was unanimously confirmed by the Senate in January.

Not so fast, that makes him a “confirmed czar”…what would Glen say now?
What can anyone say?

Geezer on August 26, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I keep asking posters on this website what in the heck has happened to LittleGreenFootballs. I just noticed that he is attacking Sarah Palin today, again. Has Charles been taken over by some alien body/mind snatchers.

SC.Charlie on August 26, 2009 at 4:07 PM

SC.Charlie on August 26, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Actually, he’s attacking Sarah Palin AND Glenn Beck claiming Glenn’s expose on Van Jones is the equivalent of the LaRouche Obama=Hitler schtick. I really think Johnson’s delusional rants are a result of an issue in his personal life but I can’t say here on HA lest I be banned. Just think about it and it should be obvious.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 26, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Antagonist on August 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM

You need to email Michelle malkin and aske her why she links to LGF.
Makes no sense she appears on Becks show one day and then host a link to this guys site on Hotair.
Our resident pundits have way to many ‘friends’ like these
She basically is working against herself in a real way if she. She gives aids someone who is working for the other side(I don’t care that he is good on the war) lots of people are good on the war

kangjie on August 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Beck’s a bit kooky, but at least he’s out kook. Too bad he’s the right version of Al Gore and Michael Moore. He had so much potential. But Dude? that cover ain’t going to help sell them thar books.

kirkill on August 26, 2009 at 6:11 PM

our kook

kirkill on August 26, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Chuck Johnson has his right to hate Christians, of which Palin and Beck are strong in their faith. Simple as that, his religion is secularism/Darwinianism, and anyone that disagrees is to be shunned.

kirkill on August 26, 2009 at 6:17 PM

If you listen to Beck, you’ll realize that he is convinced that Obama is simply a puppet whose strings are being manipulated somewhere off stage. I’ve become inclined to agree with him.

jimmy2shoes on August 26, 2009 at 9:47 PM