Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:00 am on August 23, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

I’m doing a Marriage Encounter weekend and writing this to post automatically, but I’m a little nervous; is that like leaving Tonsil Vultures in charge of your health care?  I’d mail it in to Allahpundit, but the post office sounds like a bad bet these days.  The good news is that we have five great picks, although if I used Obama’s math it would be 0.005, which makes it hard to poll.  It’ll be late in the day before we head home today, but I doubt we’ll burn rubber leaving,  like they did at Daytona Beach when the moonshiners started NASCAR during prohibition, according to Obama’s historyI’ll say Shalom and just leave it at that.

Previous “winners”:

• We’re going to listen to other people’s ideas, except that people who disagree should shut up
  • Snitch Central for ObamaCare dissenters
  • Rushing legislation bad in 2004, essential in 2009
  • Obama opines on Gates arrest without “having all the facts”
  • Obama salutes the Ghana flag
  • Obama jokes about Alaska sale with Russians
  • Obama uses union and DNC plants at health-care town hall
  • Obama plants a question on Iran with HuffPo
  • Change in Iran coming because “Obviously, after the speech I made in Cairo…”
  • Flashing his soles to the camera while talking to Netanyahu
  • “If you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.”
  • “We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits do not matter and waste is not our problem.”
  • Siccing Tim Geithner and Charlie Rangel on tax cheats
  • Phony Churchill quote on torture throws Grandpa under the bus
  • Torture probe flip-flop
  • Obama covers up IHS while quoting Jesus
  • Austrian is a language?
  • Obama bows to the Saudi king
  • 1908 Model T got better gas mileage than today’s SUVs

Comments

I fear someday this guys vacuousness and incompetence will no longer be funny.

JohnBissell on August 23, 2009 at 9:06 AM

i predict a landslide for today’s voting.

toenail on August 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Mr. Bissell, its already not funny. What, no wee weed up? That was rank amateurism.

doctormom on August 23, 2009 at 9:11 AM

A “marriage encounter weekend”? Is that like a wife swapping deal or some Sixth Sense “I see married people” kinda thing?

Of course, some of us have encountered enough marriage already, thank you very much.

On topic, had to go with Post Office. This might also qualify for Obamateurism of the Year.

TXUS on August 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM

This POTUS should leave the analogies alone.

He’s going to use a really egregious one someday and start a war.

Simpleton…

Yoop on August 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Ed is going to have to ramp this up! It’s getting to the point where even an “Obamateurism of the Hour” may not be enough to cover the Child-President’s slide into total mental chaos and — one can only hope! — irrelevancy.

MrScribbler on August 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Is it me or is that photo of Obama a lot like the one of John Kerry’s wife?

GT on August 23, 2009 at 9:15 AM

I went with the post office, but Obama gives so us so many to choose from each day, he makes it hard to just pick one. Will wee weed up be on next weeks poll? cause that’s a winner right there

kathleen on August 23, 2009 at 9:17 AM

…slide into total mental chaos…

MrScribbler on August 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM

It is beginning to resemble that, isn’t it.

Frightening. Whats going to happen if we have another major terrorist attack? Things might really unravel quickly.

Yoop on August 23, 2009 at 9:18 AM

These Obamteurism votes keep getting more and more mind boggling. Can Barry possibly get any more feeble minded?

Yes he can!

Loxodonta on August 23, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Ed Morrissey: I’m doing a Marriage Encounter weekend and writing this to post automatically…

Dear Ed: I hope you have a safe and wonderful weekend away. If it’s as good as your snark in this post, you going to have a great time. Good job!

Loxodonta on August 23, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I went with the Post office, because the guy used the same example a person arguing AGAINST government run health care would use. If Republicans gain control of congress I don’t think Obama will make it his whole term. Well, he probably will, but it will be fun to watch government turn into a gridlock with everyone popping blood vessles and pointing fingers.

Mord on August 23, 2009 at 9:26 AM

OT

Chris Wallace just pawned Tammy Duckworth on end of life counseling for veterans. He pressed the issue with screen shots from Vets website and related quotes and didn’t let her off the hook.

I think she’s a decent person, but she had no real answers to Wallace’s questions beyond shallow denials. Unprepared and uncomfortable pretty much describes her appearance.

You’ll get no comparable interview from Meet the Press anymore. David Gregory can’t hold a candle to Tim Russert’s legacy. His falling ratings reflect that as well.

jdflorida on August 23, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I love Chris Wallace.

becki51758 on August 23, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I was at the Post Office, standing in line behind a guy with one foot who and another fella who was reading ‘Tonsillectomies for Dummies’. Outside some moron was doing donuts in the parking lot, obviously drunk, and yelling “Molotov” out the window at a bunch of out-of-work folks trying to pickup their unemployment checks. I voted for all of Ed’s picks today. Call it my ACORN moment.

Limerick on August 23, 2009 at 9:33 AM

OK, I know I should have picked the post office goof. But I picked the “Shana tovah” to rabbis because I found this little tidbit just too hilarious.

Second, the hold music on the line, through no apparent fault of the White House or the Religious Action Center, which sponsored the call, was “Deutschland Über Alles.” A number of rabbis apparently expressed discomfort with this choice of music as well.

conservnut on August 23, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Post office comment wins this poll hands down, but if you had the ‘we weed up’ thing in there I would have voted for it.

It just fries me that the office of the President is losing it’s prestige and so he badly bumbles the roll of even acting presidential.

b3026 on August 23, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I wee wee’d on the post office analogy this morning. Truly a masterpiece of pulling it out of your ass and having it blow up in your face. Bravo!

elduende on August 23, 2009 at 9:41 AM

We just hit 13% unemployment here in Las Vegas. That, is our Obamateurism of the week.

I voted for the Post Office statement. His gaffes are actually the only time when we hear truth from this charming liar.

Mojave Mark on August 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Better enjoy the frivolities now I think. Obama’s “vacation” is very likely going to be an extended pow-wow of his top advisors, both within the admin. and without. My guess is that it’s war planning. The forces that back Obama won’t allow him to back down. I do think he’s owned, so I also think a showdown is in the cards for the Fall.

JiangxiDad on August 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I wee wee’d on the post office analogy this morning. Truly a masterpiece example of pulling it out of your ass and having it blow up in your face. Bravo!

elduende on August 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM

JiangxiDad on August 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM

We’ll be ready too.

elduende on August 23, 2009 at 9:43 AM

We’ll be ready too.

elduende on August 23, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Not sure. Maybe more ready.

(For the past mo. or so, I’ve been pleased to see O flailing around and taking so many hits publicly. Has put me in a good mood. But now that I’m returning back to my more normal pessimism, I still have great trepidation about the future.)

JiangxiDad on August 23, 2009 at 9:48 AM

How’s Obama going to explain postal employees standing in an unemployment line while at the same time attempting to claim he can run a government run healthcare plan?

Rovin on August 23, 2009 at 9:50 AM

This is too much. There are just too many to choose from almost every day. Unbelievable.

OT -

I am watching David Frum, Robert Reich, and Paul Krugman in the same room together on “This Week” with the socialist Stephie.

It is like Lenin, Stalin, and Trotsky in the same room.

I can’t think of another room more deserving of a couple of hand grenades…NOW!!!

Where’s the bourbon?

Sapwolf on August 23, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Even Biden couldn’t have topped the Post Office Obamateurism.

yoda on August 23, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Post office all the way because you know, even as dense as this guy is, he had to be kicking himself the rest of the day over that comparison.

PatMac on August 23, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Even Biden couldn’t have topped the Post Office Obamateurism.

yoda on August 23, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I wish that was true, but Biden is more than capable of this:

Where is Joe hiding these days? Muzzled for a while maybe?

b3026 on August 23, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Is the office of the President also on “auto-pilot” this weekend? Are the “traffic controllers” Axelrod and Emmanuel? And, should I have my “diction-health” policy updated?

Rovin on August 23, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Not sure. Maybe more ready.

JiangxiDad on August 23, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Well they are not going to roll over and stopping them is going to be ugly and divisive but remember if they succeed the country explodes. So its lose lose from where they sit (that’s what they are talking about during this vacation)

elduende on August 23, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Somehow we missed “wee-wee’d up as an option, but without it, it is no contest — let’s get healtcare that runs like the post office!

The best poster of the week was the Obama Hope poster with “Hope” replaced with WEE-WEE.

Christian Conservative on August 23, 2009 at 10:05 AM

elduende on August 23, 2009 at 10:03 AM

I think the price will be bad for all, winners and losers. Therein lies the tragedy. It’s too late. The country wasn’t saved in time, come what may. But no time now I suppose to wax philosophical about the whole thing. There’s a war to win, like it or not.

JiangxiDad on August 23, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Sapwolf on August 23, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Is Frun the token Republican? How great is it that the media gets to define the “opposition”? Isn’t it odd how mostly they think just like the Left? Good thing no one is catching on.

Cindy Munford on August 23, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Wee weed up should have made the list. That was an epic fail from someone who was Editor of the Harvard Law Review. Such an “elegant, well-spoken man” according to Sean Penn. Another Kennedy, Lincoln, FDR according to the MSM.

Let’s play Mad Libs with Wee Wee.

We have nothing to wee wee but wee wee itself.

And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your wee wee can do for you; ask what you can do for your wee wee.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we wee weed up.

chunderroad on August 23, 2009 at 10:10 AM

jdflorida on August 23, 2009 at 9:27 AM
—–
I took heat for publically opposing Duckworth when she ran for the House a couple years ago. No regrets, on my part.

She’s Rahm’s find, by the way – supposed to be the perfect “red district Dem” candidate, military officer, maimed in combat, and female.

Problem I had and still have with her, she doesn’t seem capable of thinking for herself – it’s the talking points all the time.

Then there’s the campaign event she held at Marianjoy, a world-class physical rehab center in Wheaton that put their not-for-profit status in jeopardy. Think on that one for a minute her campaign used a great, non-partisan resource as a backdrop, even though it meant potentially shutting them down.

As much as it pains me to say this, Duckworth’s an empty uniform.

Mew

acat on August 23, 2009 at 10:11 AM

So many good choices, and yet so easy to pick. There is, and can only be one post-office. Ever get anybody else’s mail? (rhetorical of course)
How about… Operation? Prescription? Baby? Yeah. Me neither.

RalphyBoy on August 23, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Even Biden couldn’t have topped the Post Office Obamateurism.

yoda on August 23, 2009 at 9:55 AM
——
I don’t know – the post office thing seemed like about a 30 on the Biden Blunder Scale. Goes to 100, you know.

Mew

acat on August 23, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Sapwolf on August 23, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Cindy Munford on August 23, 2009 at 10:09 AM

If Frum is any other ‘mods’ are at CPAC in Feb. I’m gonna be…IN..THEIR..FACE!

Of course I’m not going to CPAC unless Sarah is confirmed.

Sapwolf on August 23, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Sapwolf on August 23, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I am sure you will run into all sorts of moderates at CPAC, they are known for their bravery. /

Cindy Munford on August 23, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Sapwolf on August 23, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Sorry.

Cindy Munford on August 23, 2009 at 10:15 AM

RalphyBoy on August 23, 2009 at 10:11 AM
—–
About once a month I get someone elses’ mail.

I don’t see why, the street names and numbers are totally different….

Yeah, I don’t want those clowns deciding what surgery I need.

Mew

acat on August 23, 2009 at 10:15 AM

RalphyBoy on August 23, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Pithy.

JiangxiDad on August 23, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Should have thrown in the:

We’re God’s partners in health care.

I know so many choices so little time.

HoustonRight on August 23, 2009 at 10:18 AM

JiangxiDad on August 23, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Keep the faith JD. This country was forged in upheaval and conflict. Its a testament to the bounty of this nation that we’ve been able to avoid confronting this state of affairs. Historically speaking, we were due for an open confrontation with the left. We can stop them politically and the nation may not resemble what it is now but we’ll be ok.

elduende on August 23, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I voted and was happy to see most agree with my opinion. BO comparing his Health Care Reform to the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the USPO is priceless … for our side.

tnmama on August 23, 2009 at 10:21 AM

elduende on August 23, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Tks.

(Reminds me of Thatcher saying “Don’t go wobbly on me George.”)

JiangxiDad on August 23, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Is Frum the token Republican? How great is it that the media gets to define the “opposition”? Isn’t it odd how mostly they think just like the Left? Good thing no one is catching on.

Cindy Munford on August 23, 2009 at 10:09 AM

It is annoying. The MSM uses Colin Powell, Kathleen Parker, Peggy Noonan (though her last 2 columns have ripped The One), John McCain (from 2000 – 2007, until he became the nominee), etc. as “Tokens.” Any Republican who will criticize Conservatives is given air time.

tomllewis on August 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM

(Reminds me of Thatcher saying “Don’t go wobbly on me George.”)

JiangxiDad on August 23, 2009 at 10:26 AM

lol! Boy we could sure use a Thatcher right about now.

elduende on August 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Clearly the winner will be the Post Office comment. I will never forget my jaw dropping when I first heard it. I quickly called some of my co-workers into my office and played the video for them. The looks on their faces was priceless when they heard those words coming out of Obama’s mouth.

fbcmusicman on August 23, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I voted for the tonsil vultures and foot rustlers for two reasons:

1. Obarfy denegrates MD’s to make them the enemy but then tells us not to be afraid of their decision making;

2. I just like to take every opportunity that I can to say or type tonsil vultures and foot rustlers….

ladyingray on August 23, 2009 at 10:37 AM

..well, being a tad hazy because of an all-night software debugging session, I opted for the moonshiners remark.

Dunno, I guess I would not have voted for Saddam Hussein were I an Iraqi either..

..but only once.

VoyskaPVO on August 23, 2009 at 10:50 AM

There really needs to be an All of the Above option included.

Caper29 on August 23, 2009 at 10:51 AM

tomllewis on August 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM

To be honest, I don’t see much difference in the MSM “defining” the opposition then I do the cut and paste job they did of the gun carrying individual in Arizona. In what world is it representative of the conservative view when it’s all about tone and nothing about substance? Would they listen if everyone spoke like George Will? I think we know that answer.

Cindy Munford on August 23, 2009 at 10:59 AM

I had to go with the slander of doctors, because the Left does nothing but slander.

I, for one, am tired of being called a racist, homophobe, sexist, racist twice, mean-spirited, religious fanatic, an idiot, a racist three times, intolerant, and worst of all, a traitor. Next thing you know, the Left will start saying we rape babies like is done in Africa and that we’re killing illegal immigrants to harvest their organs so evil doctors can make more money doing transplants.

These slanders and libels don’t cower me. They piss me off, and I strike back at the Left in the voting booth.

Liam on August 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Every week, it’s so hard to choose! Would anybody else as over-exposed as he is have as many amateurish moments?

I especially like it when he tries to be self-deprecating – it rises like a lead balloon every time! He seems insincere and wholly disbelieving of his own foibles and shortcomings. It’s like he really does believe he is The One and thus, his behavior gives rise to the seemingly limitless opportunities available for laughing at him. It’s like he’s the black Chevy Chase.

ExpressoBold on August 23, 2009 at 11:14 AM

During Obama’s conference call with the Jewish religious group the hold music on the line… was “Deutschland Über Alles.” A number of rabbis apparently expressed discomfort with this choice of music

That is the Obateurism of the week if you ask me

coondawg on August 23, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Is anyone printing those page-a-day 365 day Obamaturism calendars yet?

daesleeper on August 23, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I’m doing a Marriage Encounter weekend and writing this to post automatically, but I’m a little nervous; is that like leaving Tonsil Vultures in charge of your health care? I’d mail it in to Allahpundit, but the post office sounds like a bad bet these days.

The best answer to your dillemma is copping a play from Obama and taking your report about this disastrous week and slipping it under the door at the last minute before you head out for vacation!

Which gets my vote for Obamateurism of the week btw.

Khorum on August 23, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Although the MD insult makes my blood boil, the Post Office analogy was just plain DUMB.

The child-king might not understand the health care industry, but what person in these United States doesn’t know was a clusterfark the Post Office is?

Idiot.

keebs on August 23, 2009 at 11:27 AM

My first choice was the PO being like the PO, but I went with the Rabbis because the PO is just stupid, while the Rabbi thing was really amateurish.

Kafir on August 23, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I voted for the Post Office comparison because he just keeps using this ridiculous(but telling) analogy, but actually I think it should be the ‘wee-weed up’ comment. Who, outside of a 2-year old uses the term “wee-wee”? What an incompetent, illiterate (outside the teleprompter) bumbling child.

libertylady on August 23, 2009 at 11:36 AM

libertylady on August 23, 2009 at 11:36 AM

FIFY.

TXUS on August 23, 2009 at 12:29 PM

b3026 on August 23, 2009 at 10:00AM
acat on August 23, 2009 at 10:12 AM

The administration probably has Biden duct taped to a chair in the White House bunker. Axelrod can’t have the Vice President and the President both out in the public at the same time talking about Health Care, so Biden probably has been banned from speaking. PLLLEEEEZE release Biden, we want more Biden Blunders.

yoda on August 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I hope someone has a telephoto lens capturing who is showing up to meet with zero while on vacation.

What do you want to bet Ayers makes at least one appearance.

….and that’s not being funny either.

Spiritk9 on August 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Waaah! I want a wee wee’d up option! Betcha Obama wee wee’d himself when he saw that -14 on Rasmussen today…

Buckeye Babe on August 23, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I went with the PO choice. The NASCAR, I hate to say, was more the fault of his lazy researchers. “Wee-wee” should have been one of the choices, though.

I got a kick out of his vacation being delayed. Now he knows how Americans feel when their flights are canceled or delayed.

Enjoy the Marriage Encounter Weekend, Ed. My husband and I attended one a long time ago and they are terrific.

Beaglemom on August 23, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I voted for the NASCAR/moonshine in Daytona remark. Perhaps that was what President FDR was really talking about on TV in 1929 – the Big Crash – might have been ‘look this is what really happened: we were running some ‘shine down Thunder Road AKA Daytona Beach where incredible speeds of forty or fifty can be reached if the surfs not coming in’ and the crowd said quick, let’s call it NASCAR or something so the feds don’t notice the booze…’ In other news, that’s the famous NASCAR Speakeasy. The lighthouse flashed two if clear and one if the Coast Guard was coming. Oh wait, that really did happen during prohibition at Cap’s Place, but that was boats not cars, and Deerfield Beach not Daytona.

Biden loaned Bammy his history book “History for Real Dummies”.

Carolina Kat on August 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Post Office. It’s like Dukakis in the tank, if the media had overlooked or rationalized every stupid thing Dukakis said and did before the election.

Jim Treacher on August 23, 2009 at 1:42 PM

This might also qualify for Obamateurism of the Year.

TXUS on August 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Someone needs to put out a greatest hits CD DVD next January.

(FIFM)

Shy Guy on August 23, 2009 at 1:47 PM

No contest. He reached into the analogy bucket and pulled out a big, shining turd.

kurtzz3 on August 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I don’t think he mad a mistake there. It was a subtle little reminder of what can happen when hardcore socialists/fascists are in control and don’t easily get what they want.

jukin on August 23, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I fear someday this guys vacuousness and incompetence will no longer be funny.

JohnBissell on August 23, 2009 at 9:06 AM

It may not be all that funny, but we must continue to mock him. Mocking and ridicule will flip Obama into Crazyland. We need to keep up the pressure.

My choice, like several others, would have been “Wee-wee’d up.” Come on, this guy was promoted as the greatest orator evah. Are you kidding? Just as he honestly knows nothing about great oratory, he also knows nothing about leadership. His premier legislative push is failing, yet he has no clue how to sell health care to people who are on the fence, who might be willing to listen to someone who actually knows how to lead.

Obama shows us the fruits of affirmative action. What a pitiful, unaccomplished, know-nothing this guy is.

labwriter on August 23, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Right now Obama is explaining to someone on a beach somewhere that the Martha of Martha’s Vineyard was somehow both Martha Washington and Martha Stewartand the person is nodding both furiously and rapturously.

(Janeane Garofolo, meanwhile, insists that it was named after Martha Reeves, of the Vandellas, because anything else would be racist.)

Obama knows how to gaffe a fish, too.

profitsbeard on August 23, 2009 at 2:30 PM

#1 is the week’s Obamateurism.

#2, 3, 4 & 5 are just out and out lies. Something Barry is quite adept in doing. He can’t help it though. He believes he’s so much smarter than everyone else that the way he sees things or thinks things should be is the gospel truth. In reality he’s a moron. Yet, he’s the leader off the free world. The only conclusion one can responsibly come to is; “The free world is in a chitload of trouble.”

Griz on August 23, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I hate choosing, in these Obama polls! All of Barry’s buffoonery is so fabulous. It’s too hard!

sinsing on August 23, 2009 at 3:04 PM

acat on August 23, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I tend to agree with you on your assessment of Tammy Duckworth. She was obviously over her head this morning with Chris Wallace. I wish I could like her more, but she did such a poor job this morning.

Also, I’m offended that she would jeopardize status of a non-profit. That’s unprofessional to say the least.

jdflorida on August 23, 2009 at 3:10 PM

The “moonshiners racing on Daytona Beach during prohibition” comment isn’t the funniest, but it does offer a glimpse of something that Obama’s handlers and the MSM try very hard to hide from Americans: Obama’s grasp of American history and culture is shallow and superficial.

drunyan8315 on August 23, 2009 at 3:28 PM

What, no wee weed up? That was rank amateurism.

doctormom on August 23, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Yeah, I thought that would be in here. The tonsilvultures must have eaten it!

Mini-14 on August 23, 2009 at 3:55 PM

It’ll be late in the day before we head home today, but I doubt we’ll burn rubber leaving, like they did at Daytona Beach when the moonshiners started NASCAR during prohibition, according to Obama’s history. I’ll say Shalom and just leave it at that.

This put a smile on my face, Ed. Come home safely.

And I can’t choose. They’re all just too good and you won’t let me vote “all of the above.”

Bob's Kid on August 23, 2009 at 4:06 PM

You did not list the releasing of the Obama/VA Death Book for veterans… It came out thursday or friday.

dogsoldier on August 23, 2009 at 4:22 PM

It just continues….the asinine comments from this embarrassing president. Obama rivals his VP by speaking and acting just as stupidly.

RightlySo on August 23, 2009 at 6:57 PM

The Post Office analogy has my vote. How he thought that this was a good comparison, I have no idea. A quasi-monopoly that has to routinely raise its rates (without raising level of service provided) just so their financials will stay within a lighter shade of red is not a selling point.

Left Coast Right Mind on August 23, 2009 at 7:40 PM

chunderroad on August 23, 2009 at 10:10 AM

And don’t forget Biden’s “clean and articulate.”

davidk on August 23, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Can tonsils be sold on the organ black market ? Maybe these evil Doctors are passing them off as bear gall bladders for chinese aphrodisiac afficianados .

borntoraisehogs on August 23, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Remember how there were so many jokes about the president on sooooooo many TV shows,for eight years? Remember all of skits on SNL, all the monologs by Leno and Letterman? Remember how everybody in the main stream media jumped on every mispronounced word, or jumbled sentence?

Remember when Code Pink and everybody constantly protested the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Remember all of the nasty comments about the president taking vacation time in Crawford, Texas, or the fact that he once drank? Remember the uproar over his deficit spending and the anger if he mentioned God or religion?

Somehow, I feel like I’m living in a “Twilight Zone” episode, in a world turned upside down. Still, there are signs that reality is setting in. There may still be time for rational people to snap out of their trance and see that their Messiah is a false prophet and Marxist snake oil salesman.

We can only hope.

Star20 on August 23, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Someone needs to put out a greatest hits CD DVD next January, mid-October 2010, 2012, and any other time it can be effective at exposing this kind of bullsh*t so we don’t get stuck with a lying no-account SOS again.

(FIFM)

Shy Guy on August 23, 2009 at 1:47 PM

(FIFM2)

RalphyBoy on August 23, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Its called the US Post Awful for a reason… probably get the mail clerks to run Obamacare in their copious spare time…

ajacksonian on August 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM

JiangxiDad on August 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I agree. Though he’ll surely get some photo ops in so we can see his glistening pectorals, I can’t shake this feeling that these Marxists aren’t just going to wait around another 25, 50, 100 years to bring about Socialism.

They may not get a better chance as the political stars are in perfect alignment right now.

And if they don’t accomplish it now, they’ll just keep chipping away and little by little it will happen as in the past. But, these guys strike me as being rather impatient.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 23, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I agree. He wouldn’t back down, even if it was an option. It isn’t in his DNA and the far left won’t let him. He will push to get his agenda through and it doesn’t matter if 99% of us are against him.

Star20 on August 23, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Don’t take a victory lap yet! This is not your average lying politician. This is a jihadist, Communist,Racist,fanatic out to exact revenge on this country by socializing society and making reparations to his black brothers.He is as commited and determined as those fanatics who strap a bomb to themselves in order to destroy their enemy. This guy is dangerous and won’t roll over! He learned well from the so-called Rev Wright! Behind that lying, grinning, persona is a seething rage for this country and I believe he will take the country down with him if he is allowed!

Marco on August 23, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Well, that was a pretty easy choice.

Ed or Allah, in addition to the Obamateurisms, I would like to propose a new Hot Air feature: The Friday Night Bombshell! You know how politicians always release the really bad news late on a Friday afternoon or evening, in the hope that it will be missed, ignored, forgotten, or buried by some bigger story over the weekend.

Well this past Friday there was a real doozy. But the timing worked – this story was not easy to find this morning.

UltimateBob on August 24, 2009 at 10:58 AM