Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?
posted at 9:00 am on August 23, 2009 by Ed Morrissey
I’m doing a Marriage Encounter weekend and writing this to post automatically, but I’m a little nervous; is that like leaving Tonsil Vultures in charge of your health care? I’d mail it in to Allahpundit, but the post office sounds like a bad bet these days. The good news is that we have five great picks, although if I used Obama’s math it would be 0.005, which makes it hard to poll. It’ll be late in the day before we head home today, but I doubt we’ll burn rubber leaving, like they did at Daytona Beach when the moonshiners started NASCAR during prohibition, according to Obama’s history. I’ll say Shalom and just leave it at that.
- We’re going to listen to other people’s ideas, except that people who disagree should shut up
- Snitch Central for ObamaCare dissenters
- Rushing legislation bad in 2004, essential in 2009
- Obama opines on Gates arrest without “having all the facts”
- Obama salutes the Ghana flag
- Obama jokes about Alaska sale with Russians
- Obama uses union and DNC plants at health-care town hall
- Obama plants a question on Iran with HuffPo
- Change in Iran coming because “Obviously, after the speech I made in Cairo…”
- Flashing his soles to the camera while talking to Netanyahu
- “If you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.”
- “We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits do not matter and waste is not our problem.”
- Siccing Tim Geithner and Charlie Rangel on tax cheats
- Phony Churchill quote on torture throws Grandpa under the bus
- Torture probe flip-flop
- Obama covers up IHS while quoting Jesus
- Austrian is a language?
- Obama bows to the Saudi king
- 1908 Model T got better gas mileage than today’s SUVs
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!