Quote of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on August 22, 2009 by Allahpundit

Content warning. Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I don’t know him HER, but I’ve heard they call him HER Lefty because he SHE chewed his HER right arm off rather than wake her up when he SHE left.

kingsjester on August 22, 2009 at 10:49 PM

OK I really fixed it now!

Gatordoug on August 22, 2009 at 10:53 PM

1. DDT does affect organisms of all shapes and forms.

So does water. And oxygen. The DDT harm has been disproven many times over. Spraying DDT in low concentrations in huts reduces the risk of Malaria by over 90%. (it kills mosquitoes and does not harm humans)

2. Scientific Consensus is a key component of Science.

Bullshit. Consensus is not fact based. The scientific method requires theory, proved through experimentation and then peer review. Consensus is a bunch of people getting together and agreeing that the theory sounds right, not that it is based on method.

3. Predicting: Is a key component of Science. If you cannot predict, you cannot prove form a Scientific Theory.

FIFY

A. Global Cooling Trends and Warming Trends are factually based. We are now in a Cooling Trend for the past 10 years, factually there prediction is correct, it is cooling. Debateable if what they say is the cause is actually the Cause and not merely Correlation.

Of course it’s debatable. Especially when the “scientific community” swears it’s man-made”. The causes of climate change are varied and unknown.

B. It is 100 percent factual statement that if global Population growth continues, at some point, there will not be enough space or enough biomass to sustain the population and we will have a die off. They are wrong on the timeline.
Growth is sustainable upto a point, just like life is. You get to a point and your body can no longer support itself and dies.

Holger on August 22, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Well, no shit. It’s not a leap of knowledge that an overpopulated system with limited resources is unsustainable. Were these Harvard grads?

BacaDog on August 22, 2009 at 10:53 PM

I’ve never found Janeanne Garofalo the slightest bit funny. Never heard a funny thing she’s supposed to have said.

Not that I go looking for her stuff, but it seems her politics are the biggest part of her rep.

Same with Maher. He was in a few B movies, so what?

These people plain suck. At least Bruce Hornsby can play the piano and sing.

rightwingyahooo on August 22, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Target practice

BJ* on August 22, 2009 at 10:55 PM

When I see/hear her, I simply remember this 2 and a half Men episode which has a number of great quotes that fit her, imo – but the good one is at about 2:50 and thereafter (but there are good ones before that, too…

Midas on August 22, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Midas: Well,there was a good line,that probably sums up her
life,

‘The imagine of you lying on top of me
will haunt me forever’,funny,yet so true!!
haha:)

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Oh no! There are many cards, sexism card, absolute moral authority card, the fear monger card, the Nazi card, the Homophobe card, the class envy card…….

Gatordoug on August 22, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Point taken. It’s just that since the campaign, for 2 solid years, I’ve only been hearing the race card. And frankly, I’m completely immune to it. Thanks, liberals! :)

yogi41 on August 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Great news! At last the true meaning of Wee-Weed Up is discovered!

Gatordoug on August 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM

yogi41 on August 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Your immunity shows you are a thinker, unlike Liberals!

Gatordoug on August 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Huh?…. I suppose there’s a joke or some kinda point in that rant.

She’s called a comedian because, why?

Kini on August 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 10:31 PM
Seems we win no matter what, defeating the ‘best’ the MSM can offer.

It’s another good day in America.

Liam on August 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Liam: A Great Day for America:)

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I’m sitting here laughing as I read this thread, shaking my head, and wondering why my fellow hotairers (?) would spend 200+ posts on this human piece of nothingness!

It must be a slow thread day.

DrStock on August 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Justice Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice , JC Watts,
and I know I’m missing so many more.

I want my white guy back. . . Not hardly. sister.

Now go get another tatoo right across your forehead
that says, ”Made from leftover sperm”

Texyank on August 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM

DrStock on August 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM

+100

BacaDog on August 22, 2009 at 11:02 PM

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Let’s surprise her!

Liam on August 22, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Liam: I’ve got a great sense of humour,the wife laughed!!

Okay,next time,mom’s the word!!haha:)

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Can’t listen to that hateful scumbag piece of liberal sh1t. I hate that b1tch with a passion and I’d f’kin poke her g’damn eyes out with a dried turd if I could.

She’s retarded alright, but not even functionally. She just spews whatever left wing communist hate she can think of at the moment that sounds like an obama suck up.

totally, completely, won hunnert percent f’kin useless.

Spiritk9 on August 22, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Holger on August 22, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I said this:

1. Pushing junk science that banned the use of DDT. We could have eliminated Malaria, like we did Polio.

You answered:

1. DDT does affect organisms of all shapes and forms.

Non-responsive. You have not estasblished causation. People are dying because someone “thought” DDT was killing all bird life.
I said:

2. Insisting, against logic, that scientific consensus substitutes for provable fact.

You answered:

2. Scientific Consensus is a key component of Science.

Again, non-responsive. “is a component of” does not equal “is an acceptable substitute for.”

I said:

3. Predicting:

A. The coming ice age (global cooling)

You answered:

Kind of tortured syntax here, but you haven’t refuted my main point. Instead, you imply that the predictors can have it both ways.

“See – it’s cooling – we were right about that!”
“Now it’s warming – we’re right again.”

B. That England would be unsustainably overpopulated by 2000.

You answered:

Read.the.words.
I said “England” and “2000.” You said “global” and “at some point.”

Precision, in language, is the key here; words mean things.

massrighty on August 22, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Huh?…. I suppose there’s a joke or some kinda point in that rant.

She’s called a comedian because, why?

Kini on August 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Kini: Monty,I’ll take door number 2,she’s a comedian,because
she’s a legend in our own mind!!:)

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:09 PM

All in all, she could have been a little more civil in admitting defeat, but I appreciate her doing her thing to help consign the progressive movement to oblivion.

Dusty on August 22, 2009 at 11:10 PM

It must be a slow thread day.

DrStock on August 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Allahpundit, aka Loki, the Norse god of mischief, is a master at getting us all to do what we know we really don’t want to.

MB4 on August 22, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Allah, you should put a note in that the link goes to NewsBusters and not any lefty site, so that people don’t feel bad about clicking it. NewsBusters could use the hits.

progressoverpeace on August 22, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Holger on August 22, 2009 at 10:38 PM

BacaDog on August 22, 2009 at 10:53 PM

It’s already been run, assuming no major wars, Socialist exterminations and the like, that the world population will peak around 2050, around 9.5 bln, then drop off dramatically. Around 5.5 bln by the end of the century. Birthrates have been dropping for decades, including in the Third World. It’s called prosperity. Due to free markets.

bikermailman on August 22, 2009 at 11:20 PM

MB4 on August 22, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Yep, MB4, you’re right, of course. AP did the same thing on the Marine’s vid thread, feigning not understanding the guy’s sarcasm when he thanked the congressmen for “letting” him keep his health care. Now the threads abuzz explaining it to AP. Sly guy, that AP.

DrStock on August 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM

DrStock on August 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Sadly there is nothing on TV, but it is hard to even try to come up with something to say about Ms. Garofalo. She is really boring.

Cindy Munford on August 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM

NewsBusters could use the hits.

progressoverpeace on August 22, 2009 at 11:17 PM

progressoverpeace:Your right,NB’s are RightSphere friendly:)

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Folks, I’ve seen the face of the progressive movement and it is UGLY!

Garofalo is now officialy declared the spokesman for all progressives.

Henceforth, Progressives Shall Now Be Called Garofalos

SalHansen on August 22, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Precision, in language, is the key here; words mean things.

massrighty on August 22, 2009 at 11:06 PM

You are just a big meany.

Cindy Munford on August 22, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Not clicking.

But I do hope you all are having a pleasant evening at Hot Air.

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM

1. It is known as a carinogen. It is xenoestrogenic, causes hormonal problems which can have drastic effects on the human body. It has a known endocrinic disruptor in lab rats and mice, epidemiological backs up the belief that it causes those same problems in people. It has been linked to neurological problems as well as Asthma. And Mosquito populations have developed DDT Resistance.

2. You are wrong on this. Scientific Consensus is a necessary component of the process. Consensus is fact based! It is an observed fact that a recent heating trend correlates to a rise in CO2 levels and the Industrialization of the Human Race. You don’t think Scientists believe something just on their fancy? No, Evidence produced has convinced them.

Them touting Scientific Conensus has nothing to do with Science, it has everything to do with Convincing Laymen, it is an appeal to Authority.

3. Falsifiability and Testability are Key components of Science. Otherwise it is Superstition. If you cannot test your hypothesis it is not Science. If you cannot hypothesize a set of circumstances disproving your Hypothesis/Theory it is not Science.

Science must be able to predict results. If your Hypothesis cannot accurately predict a future set of data, it is not yet correct.

A. The drivers of Climate Change are known. It is just unknown what is the primary driver in today’s climate. CO2 is the most abundant gas in Venus. CO2 is theorized as the cause of ending Snowball Earth.

B. Actually they are probably correct on New England. I doubt there is enough farmable land in New England to sustain New England’s population and growth.

Ehrlich was actually correct. He just didn’t see Borlaug giving India and Pakistan a god-send.

Holger on August 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Allah, I’m really surprised that you give this Garafalo fool time on the site. She’s just a run-of-the-mill idiot.

progressoverpeace on August 22, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Maybe he’s given up on Meggie Mac and this skank is his new obsession? ;)

atheling on August 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM

DrStock on August 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM

In Norse mythology, Loki is known as a trickster. He is described in the Prose Edda as a “contriver of fraud”. Although he doesn’t appear often in the Eddas, he is generally described as a member of the family of Odin. Despite his divine or demi-god status, there’s little evidence to show that Loki had a following of worshippers of his own; in other words, his job was mostly to make trouble for other gods, men, and the rest of the world.

Loki is known for bringing about chaos and discord, but by challenging the gods, he also brings about change. Without Loki’s influence, the gods may become complacent, so Loki does actually serve a worthwhile purpose.

I must confess, however, that I am not at all sure what worthwhile purpose he is serving with this thread.

MB4 on August 22, 2009 at 11:28 PM

a legend in our her own mind

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:09 PM

fify :)

Vntnrse on August 22, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I feel sorry for her, how lonely it must be to live with such any empty soul, one who can relate so easy with anger and hate, is missing the greatest gift of life.
Didn’t bother to even click on the link,,…hate is the biggest attention whore.

christene on August 22, 2009 at 11:33 PM

She is the most truly revolting example of a human being I’ve ever seen. She also needs to up her meds intake as she’s in danger of jumping off a roof somewhere. Not that I’d stop her…

Dino64 on August 22, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Content warning. Click the image to listen.

..no thank you; I’d rather keep my dinner down.

Hmmmmmmm. Lessee. Tattoos, sallow, pock-marked, complexion rife with zits and blackheads, stringy, oily black hair, ugly face framed by stupid glasses, flabby, unappealing body, a mouth on her that would be the envy of any sailor, constant, edgy and gratuitous comments about her political opponents..

I mean, is there anything more that this woman can do to make herself unpalatable?

Nope. Guess not.

VoyskaPVO on August 22, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Sorry. You are out of your mind if you think I am going to watch this. After all, it is not as if I really give a good GD what this silly woman has to say.

Terrye on August 22, 2009 at 11:34 PM

What did Australia do to deserve this?

WashJeff on August 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Garofalo: Tea Party Protesters ‘Functionally Retarded Adults’; Says ‘I Want My Country Back’ Code for ‘I Want My White Guy Back’

This from a woman with the intellectual capacity of a fruit fly!

DSchoen on August 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM

One of the cardinal principles of conservatism is, or should be, doubt.

WTF? Doubt? Since when was doubt elevated to a virtue or principle?

That is one of the stupidest statements I’ve ever heard.

atheling on August 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM

skanky ho

bill30097 on August 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM

skanky ho

bill30097 on August 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Hey! I think you owe every skanky whore an apology!

Gatordoug on August 22, 2009 at 11:40 PM

This from a woman with the intellectual capacity of a fruit fly!

DSchoen on August 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Speciest!!!

FruitFly on August 22, 2009 at 11:37 PM

You really pissed off the FruitFly!!

WashJeff on August 22, 2009 at 11:41 PM

OK Janeane, the Tea Partiers are racists who want their white guy back.

Now let’s call you what you are:

A walking violation of nature.

David2.0 on August 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

DrStock on August 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM

So, you’re saying that he does not post things in good faith. Hm.

atheling on August 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

That is one of the stupidest statements I’ve ever heard.

atheling on August 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Ummmmmmmm…heard anything from liberal343\liberal4eva before?

WashJeff on August 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

MB4 on August 22, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Thanks for that explanation. Who wants to live in a one-size fits all culture in which everyone speaks and behaves the same within a narrow range? I don’t. I couldn’t survive that if it was strictly enforced. The same may well be true of you.

Thant being said, sometimes we oddballs are wrong and we can be irritating.

And I’m still not clicking.

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Not clicking.

But I do hope you all are having a pleasant evening at Hot Air.

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Loxodonta: And,I hope this evening is finding you just as
well Lox!:)

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Terrye on August 22, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Wow. You and I agree!

Saltysam on August 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Speaking of oddballs….

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Saltysam on August 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM

And here’s another one.

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Ummmmmmmm…heard anything from liberal343\liberal4eva before?

WashJeff on August 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I don’t recall reading anything by this person. And it’s clear that I haven’t missed anything.

atheling on August 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM

And I’m still not clicking.

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. I’m with you, Lox.

Saltysam on August 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I’m with you, Lox.

Saltysam on August 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I knew there was something wrong with you.

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM

“This is neuroscience,” Garofalo continued. “This is not politics, this is neuroscience. It is purely limbic brain activity – this emotion over being angry that there’s a black guy in office, with the people showing up armed to the health care meetings – to whatever, the town halls. But it’s just, and these tea baggers. It makes me soul sick.”

Obviously, this says a lot more about Ms. Garofalo than it ever will about conservatives.

Also, it kind of makes me wish that there were some way that women could claim that no, she’s not really one of us, sorry, you gents have her in your column: she’s so lacking in candlepower that she personally drags down the IQ and scientific acumen of our entire sex. Harrumph.

Roxeanne de Luca on August 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM

when you’re always cast as the ugly girl you tend to have a lot of hate issues.

Obama could order a nuke attack on the USA and people who don’t support him would be called racists.

The Notorious G.O.P on August 22, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Roxeanne de Luca on August 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Janeane Garofalo is really pathetic, just a poser!

Gatordoug on August 22, 2009 at 11:50 PM

atheling on August 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Its statements during the weekdays dumbfound all, except Garafalo if she read this blog can read.

WashJeff on August 22, 2009 at 11:50 PM

a legend in our her own mind

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:09 PM
fify :)

Vntnrse on August 22, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Vntnrse: I kabotched the phrase,lol,it was suppose to be
in (her) own mind,not (ours),UGH!!:)

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:53 PM

I can’t really bring myself to get too worked up about whatever garbage this fool is saying now.

Yawn.

therightwinger on August 22, 2009 at 11:53 PM

A once cute girl who destroyed herself with contortional bitterness and the cliches of a Utopian Candyland multiculti future.

If you turn into a tattoo-riddled spewer of sewer sludge, question your underlying philosophy- quick!

profitsbeard on August 22, 2009 at 11:55 PM

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Speaking of oddballs….

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Loxoodonta: A proud oddball I AM Canadian,eh!:)

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Okay, you know what, I couldn’t even watch. I just haven’t reached that level of political maturity where I can watch this woman without my head literally exploding. I realize in the grand scheme of things she’s a non-factor, but I don’t know which is worse…that she actually believes the nonsense she espouses or that she does is to provoke. Either way, she makes me almost hate.

WaltzingMtilda on August 22, 2009 at 11:56 PM

profitsbeard on August 22, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Interesting take!

Gatordoug on August 22, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Saltysam:

We probably agree more often than not.

Terrye on August 22, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Maybe Janeane is really eaten up with regret? She seems to be sooooo bitter, like a kid that was picked on and never got over it.

Gatordoug on August 23, 2009 at 12:00 AM

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Speaking of oddballs….

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Saltysam on August 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM

And here’s another one.

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM

There all over! Life would be so much simpler if everyone were normal like you and me..

Cheshire Cat on August 23, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Hey Janeane! There’s a Dem House, Senate AND President. Life really can not get any better for you politically.
If your “soul” is still “sick” well you better get the Jack and sleeping pills out.

Caper29 on August 23, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Gatordoug on August 23, 2009 at 12:00 AM

From Wiki:

Garofalo has described herself thus: “I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half empty. And cracked…”

It appears she was never married either. And, the best part, no offspring.

WashJeff on August 23, 2009 at 12:04 AM

profitsbeard on August 22, 2009 at 11:55 PM

profitsbeard: A superb vision of a young girl bitterly
clinging to her Fruitloops Fantasys!!:)

canopfor on August 23, 2009 at 12:05 AM

I knew there was something wrong with you.

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM

♫♫♫♫♫ If loving her is right, I wanna be wrong” ♫♫♫♫♫

Saltysam on August 23, 2009 at 12:05 AM

WashJeff on August 23, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Hmmm, like many Leftists, she IS very pessimistic. Always angry

Gatordoug on August 23, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Typical lib ‘come-back’. “Where were you for eight years ?” I know many people who ‘assumed’ the government was looking out for us – I WAS one of them. I assumed everyone read the bills on which they were voting. I was very wrong and now I know it. So what if we weren’t out there eight years ago, or 16 years ago, or yesterday? The point is: WE GOT IT NOW SISTA’. And WE AIN’T GOIN’ AWAY!

Yellowdog12 on August 23, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Janeane Garofalo is really pathetic, just a poser!

Gatordoug on August 22, 2009 at 11:50 PM

She is too old to be a poser. At her age, she is just a bitter, hateful excuse for a person.

Laura in Maryland on August 23, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Click the image to listen.

Why do you hate us, AP? Are you trying to give us nightmares? No thanks.

But I did take the advice to visit NewsBusters, so they still got a hit from me. Now, I can safely go to bed knowing I have done a good deed and do not need to worry I’ll have nightmares about shrill shrieking tattooed freaks. Phew…

Goodnight, HotAir ladies and gentlemen.

pannw on August 23, 2009 at 12:09 AM

canopfor on August 22, 2009 at 11:56 PM

NO Canada!

Just love that song.

Loxodonta on August 23, 2009 at 12:09 AM

A Superiority complex comes from an actual inferior vision of ones self. She’s obviously a little more than just feeling inferior, otherwise she doesn’t need to put other people down to draw attention to herself continually. She is looking for someone to pet her and tell her she is smart (Comes off kind of desperate) I don’t know who got that job, but they got the short straw. I hope they are getting paid more than minimum wage. The right response is to ignore her behavior. Or she could just be a media ho’er looking for attention where ever she can get it :)

Dr Evil on August 23, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Laura in Maryland on August 23, 2009 at 12:08 AM

I mean she is posing as some sort of expert on mental health, and psychology. Pretending to have depth, and intellectual courage!

Gatordoug on August 23, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Hmmm, like many Leftists, she IS very pessimistic. Always angry

Gatordoug on August 23, 2009 at 12:06 AM

after I hit submit, the same exact thought went through my mind. What is with being a pessimist that tends to make you turn to government and statism?

I guess you think so low of your fellow man/women that you hope that some elite group of people will make it all right.

WashJeff on August 23, 2009 at 12:10 AM

face framed by stupid glasses,

VoyskaPVO on August 22, 2009 at 11:34 PM

VoyskaPVO: All Liberal women wear them!

There called “Smart Glass’s”!:)

canopfor on August 23, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Cheshire Cat on August 23, 2009 at 12:03 AM

I am of two minds about this. On the one paw…

Loxodonta on August 23, 2009 at 12:13 AM

WashJeff on August 23, 2009 at 12:10 AM

BINGO! Leftists/Marxists, are Collectivists, they think people are cattle, that must be controlled, and told how to live. How much more pessimistic can you get?

Conservatives, of course, are Individualists, and far more optimistic!

Gatordoug on August 23, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Saltysam on August 23, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Are you looking for a kitten’s stocking?

Loxodonta on August 23, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Made it 30 seconds into the audio, and decided………… Janeane GFY.

Paleoconservatarian on August 23, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Laura in Maryland on August 23, 2009 at 12:08 AM

But other than that, she’s a delight at elite cocktail parties.

Loxodonta on August 23, 2009 at 12:16 AM

I knew there was something wrong with you.

Loxodonta on August 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM
♫♫♫♫♫ If loving her is right, I wanna be wrong” ♫♫♫♫♫

Saltysam on August 23, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Saltysam:Ick!!!!!!!!!!!

One small step for Saltysam,one giant leap for Garofalo!!

canopfor on August 23, 2009 at 12:18 AM

This from a woman with the intellectual capacity of a fruit fly!

DSchoen on August 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Stop insulting fruit flies.

darktood on August 23, 2009 at 12:19 AM

It seems like anytime leftist Hollyweird creates an alien world, they are always ruled by monarchs. I was checking out this Avatar movie that is coming out in December via Drudge links. It seams a crux of the plot is evil America attacks a peace loving alien society that is ruled by a monarch. I assume we are still a democratic republic in the 22nd century, so I take it the democracy bad, rule by the elite good.

WashJeff on August 23, 2009 at 12:19 AM

read goldberg’s “liberal fascism”. he goes into detail about how and when the “progressives” started calling themselves “liberals”, essentially stealing the term beause “progressive” had some to have negative connotations.

it’s interesting to note that “progressive” is now being used again because the same screwed-up ideology managed to soil the term “liberal” after a few decades.

some things never change…

homesickamerican on August 22, 2009 at 10:49 PM

The Socialist propaganda machine churns 24/7. New words are invented for themselves and their opponents every hour of every day.

But the last actual IDEA they had was 160 years ago. It started out as a genuine economic theory. However, it turned out to be completely wrong.

Since that time it’s been nothing but a religion, absent any form of spirituality. This has allowed collectivists to turn proselytizing into a hard cold science, unencumbered by any form of morality whatsoever. This has allowed the most virulent sickness mankind has ever known to continue to grow despite all efforts to stamp stamp it out.

I mean absolutely no irony whatsoever when I say: God help us all.

logis on August 23, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Dear Photoshop:

Janeane Garofalo didn’t look like that even when she was young.

Signed,
The People of Earth

Jim Treacher on August 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Stop insulting fruit flies.

darktood on August 23, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Thanks for the support, but we took care of it by eating some this dude’s bananas and leaving some excrement behind as reminder to stop with the insults.

FruitFly on August 23, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Nice!!!

WashJeff on August 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM

so I take it the democracy bad, rule by the elite good.

WashJeff on August 23, 2009 at 12:19 AM

At last you are learning wisdom from your superiors.

Next lesson: Bowing and scraping.

Loxodonta on August 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM

logis on August 23, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Well said!

Gatordoug on August 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM

homesickamerican on August 22, 2009 at 10:49 PM

I have said it before and I will say it again, I hope the statists gravitate to progressive title so we can reclaim the liberal title. Conservatism is the true home of liberalism (as it was known in the 18th century).

WashJeff on August 23, 2009 at 12:25 AM

This from a woman with the intellectual capacity of a fruit fly!

DSchoen on August 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM
Stop insulting fruit flies.

darktood on August 23, 2009 at 12:19 AM

darktood: Me thinks since Obama has sudden urges to go
on a murderous rampage of innocent house flies,
the secret service should be at Garofalos side,
at all times,if she visits the WH!

And especially,if Bill Clinton,so happens to be
visiting,ahem!!:)(Sarc).

canopfor on August 23, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Why not just call them racists?

Why not, commie?

Oh, that’s right. We on the right aren’t supposed to call people by names they don’t like. Well if you want the standard to be full on double, keep going in that direction.

Axeman on August 23, 2009 at 12:28 AM

I’m sorry. Ehrlich was dead wrong, because he assumed a closed system (i.e., one without opportunity for modification to the input parameters) where an open system (invention and innovation) had been on full display since the Renaissance, and throughout the Industrial Revolution.

Presuming something as simple as man being able to grow more food on the same footprint escaped Ehrlich. To his Malthusian discredit.

thirtypundit on August 23, 2009 at 12:30 AM

logis on August 23, 2009 at 12:20 AM

And the best killing machine that ever set tread on planet Earth. Hundreds of millions kill by Marxists in the 20th century.

Axeman on August 23, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Holger on August 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Ehrlich may call himself whatever he likes but he is not a scientist. He is on the same level as UFO kooks. The guy has openly advocated wiping out 5/6ths of the human population.

I have a question for you since you seem to be a fan of this nutjob. What people groups would you start eliminating first?

tetriskid on August 23, 2009 at 12:30 AM

oh
shut
up
already

blatantblue on August 23, 2009 at 12:31 AM

WashJeff on August 23, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Dennis Miller said liberals can keep the word “liberal”. But we want the word “gay” back.

Unlike liberals, conservatives often feel bright and happy. But we can’t describe that feeling to liberals without making them even more even confused than they naturally are.

logis on August 23, 2009 at 12:32 AM