Oh my: Specter makes Palin joke during stand-up routine

posted at 7:05 pm on August 21, 2009 by Allahpundit

Weird, I know, but it was for charity. Consider this an in-kind contribution to the Toomey campaign, as once the clip starts circulating the money from enraged Palinistas should start pouring in. I’m not sure what the point of the punchline is, frankly: Is the joke supposed to be that she’s an egomaniac or is it actually a dig at her religious devotion? Ah well — as a newly minted Democrat, he’s practically obliged to stick some Palin derision in there somewhere.

The Sarah goof is in the first clip; the other two involve him showing off his repertoire of dick jokes. I haven’t liked him this much since … actually, I’ve never liked him.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Sign seen outside the next Arlen Specter town hall (uh, yeaaah riiight)…
“Hey Arlen, Sarah’s hot… and you’re not.”

RalphyBoy on August 21, 2009 at 8:21 PM

JohnGalt23 on August 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Whatever it is he’s pretty bad at it.

Seriously, only in Congress can you exercise behavior that would get the rest of us fired from our jobs any day of the week.

Rightwingguy on August 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Worst.stand-up.routine.ever.

Rightwingguy on August 21, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Rightwingguy on August 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM

And the NFLers, NBAers, Holly-Wierdies… You get the picture.

RalphyBoy on August 21, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Can you just imagine sittin down for a coke and jokes with Spinchter, Oh Biden, Bryd, Kennedy, Dodd, Rangel, Franks, Peelosi, Reid, and any number of other old fossils that have done nothin but leech off of the American People.

Hell, the smell alone would ruin anything that could possibly be funny, sensible, or enjoyable.
I’d rather go to the dentist or proctalogist than be trapped for 1/2 hour with these fossil like relics, stinking rejects from the dementia ward!

dhunter on August 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Looking at that is like taking a shit. Then looking at it in the toilet.

Glad I got rid of that.

Sapwolf on August 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Oh c’mon, substitute John Edwards, Hillary and Obama and I think I read that joke in all the major papers last year!

John H on August 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Uh just the Palin joke in the first segment…that was as much time as I could spare for that asshat.

John H on August 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Rightwingguy on August 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Not just fired. Remember Rep. Kennedy driving drunk or high one night and hitting a wall? Probably the first words out of his mouth was the Constitutional get-out-of-jail-free card… he was on his way to a vote.

malclave on August 21, 2009 at 8:29 PM

The Palin joke just doesn’t fit . . . .something tells me he took an O . .

John H on August 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Oh, someone already thought of that.

- The Cat

MirCat on August 21, 2009 at 8:31 PM

/sarc

John H on August 21, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Wow, how pathetic. I’m really going to miss him. I just hope that he is as miserable out of office as I pray he is.
King of the Assclowns. At least for today……

JeffinOrlando on August 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Toomey just got $25 for his campaign.

Specter is toast.

Sapwolf on August 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Take my Senator…………..please. (I’ll be here all week folks.)

tommyboy on August 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM

ROTFLMAO!

David2.0 on August 21, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I’d rather watch two old people F#*k than watch another second of Specter’s stand-up routine.

Geez, pull my teeth out at GITMO…..smack me in the head with the Koran…..anything…………just don’t make me watch that video in its entirety.

David2.0 on August 21, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Poor Spector. A man without a party. Or a cause for that matter — Except his own!

EconomicNeocon on August 21, 2009 at 9:00 PM

“Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.” – Ronald Reagan

Arlen Specter to a tee.

Maybe Pat Toomey could use a ‘Ghostbusters’ theme to annihilate the Specter in 2010.

Left Coast Right Mind on August 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Is there a bigger f-wad than Arlen Specter?

HumblyRight on August 21, 2009 at 9:11 PM

AP: I think that you need to decree that going forward, on HotAir, Specter is referred to as “Shecky”

Also, he didn’t tell the story about how Bush 41 considered him as his running mate, but couldn’t get Bush ‘N Specter past Barbara! Get it? Bush n Specter…is this thing on?

joepub on August 21, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Someone needs to ring his doorbell.

Griz on August 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I didn’t have the patience to get through the whole thing, even though it was about a minute and a half. Listening to Specter is torture and anything more than a few seconds is excruciating.

echosyst on August 21, 2009 at 9:36 PM

What must it be like to be at the end of your career- really almost the end of his life- and this is all he has going for himself? Pitiful.

anniekc on August 21, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Hasn’t Specter died yet. I was hoping for a Ted/Arlen death double-header

Jeff from WI on August 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I thought it was funny then again, I don’t have my head up Mark Levin’s a*s.

AYNBLAND on August 21, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I keep thinking of his horrified face when his constituents told him what they think of him. He had to run and change his depends.

tessa on August 21, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Asshat.

gbear on August 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM

What a POB. (Pathetic Old B@$….)

hamradio on August 21, 2009 at 10:59 PM

its official this guy is a joke. Jerry Specterfeild.

Neo-Chase on August 21, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I’m a Palin supporter. I only watched the first video. No time to watch the others. I think it was funny!!! But I think I’ve heard that joke before with different names inserted.

gocatholic on August 21, 2009 at 11:50 PM

DMFDMFD

drunyan8315 on August 21, 2009 at 11:59 PM

For some reason, so do “conservative pundits” and RINO’s. It’s Palin against the world, folks, and she’s winning.

Christian Conservative on August 22, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Watched the first clip. If instead of Guliani, McCain and Palin, you insert Person A, Person B, Person C, we would all know who Person C is and it ain’t Palin. In fact, the joke doesn’t fit at all with Palin. Hey, even Rush says “talent on loan from God.” Only Obama put up the greek columns and has the pictures with halos.

Christian Conservative on August 22, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Are.You.Kidding.Me?

sybilll on August 22, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Now you know how I feel (Minnesota).

Uh, California here…I got you all beat.

And you know what annoys me about these Specter getting voted out jokes? SOB will be able to retire in fine style on my tax dollars, better than I ever could, and do all the lame standup he wants to do for charity.

Irksome.

Bob's Kid on August 22, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Maybe if his tallywhacker was as stiff as his pathetic routine and delivery, he might have a chance with a real woman, like Palin.

Virus-X on August 22, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Dead men don’t tell tales. Apparently they’re not so good at telling jokes, either.

Steven on August 22, 2009 at 2:12 AM

I wish Sam Kinison were still alive. He’d love Sarah Palin.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 22, 2009 at 2:17 AM

“Old fool” fits Arlen Specter so well.

RJL on August 22, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Rosanne sang the National Anthem better….

Caper29 on August 22, 2009 at 3:53 AM

The Palin joke was creepy because she hasn’t established a pattern of arrogance. It probably was some catharsis for those who hate the religious right. To test the appropriateness of the joke substitute ‘Mother Teresa’ for ‘Sarah Palin’

The Dole teenager joke sounds like the self-deprecating jokes Dole likes to tell on himself. However you can’t steal someone else’s self-deprecating joke. It becomes deprecating. If Specter had some class, he would tell the joke on himself, but why change direction so late in life?

The third joke is a crass remake of an old burlesque joke (midget goes to house of ill repute…). Did Specter think a quadriplegic was a safer choice? It made the joke gruesome
Interesting Specter changed the ‘House of P’ to the Internet

For sure I would not want to share an elevator with this heavy breather

entagor on August 22, 2009 at 4:14 AM

The jokes weren’t bad but Arlen really needs to work on his delivery.

Mr. Grump on August 22, 2009 at 8:25 AM

World Class Jerk.

apoole on August 22, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Assclown!

Frances on August 22, 2009 at 8:40 AM

David Letterman had best watch OUT! This guy could replace him in a matter of moments: he’s funnier, he has better deadpan delivery, AND he has better jokes!

Late Night with Arlen Sphincter – see, he’s funnier already!

Can’t wait!

ExpressoBold on August 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM

At least with Palin he recognized the obvious. She’s head and shoulders above Specter when it comes to integrity. (I just couldn’t watch the other vids)

elclynn on August 22, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Christian Conservative@ 12:06 August 22
Only Obama would assume “We are partners with GOD in matters of life and death”. I believe that is waaaay above his paygrade.

elclynn on August 22, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I started dozing off during that excrutiating delivery of the Palin joke. He should have sent up a flare when he got to the punchline.

I wonder if Specter was hawking CD’s out of the trunk of his car after the show.

RadClown on August 22, 2009 at 9:50 AM

This man is as funny as a fart in church.

MSGTAS on August 22, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Shady Pines, Specter. Shady Pines!

The man is dripping in pers….err desperation

capejasmine on August 22, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Wouldn’t that have been a more appropriate Obama joke?

Count to 10 on August 22, 2009 at 10:18 AM

The Palin joke just doesn’t fit . . . .something tells me he took an O . .

John H on August 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Oh, someone already thought of that.

- The Cat

MirCat on August 21, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Well, so much for me being original.

Count to 10 on August 22, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Hillary Clinton, Arlen Specter and B Hussein Obama are sitting in a titty bar after a long day of legislating away our personal liberties & rights. This really hott stripper is kneeling on the stage, shaking her smokin’ hot butt in their faces. Hillary says, “Wow, she’s the best piece of ass I’ve seen Nancy Pelosi hit on me!”, licks a $20 bill and slaps it on the left butt cheek of the stripper. B Hussein Obama says, “Wow, she’s way better looking than that scowling stringy-ass bitch my village Muslim Imam in Kenya forced me to marry!”, licks a $20 bill and slaps it on the left cheek of the stripper. Arlen Specter takes out his ATM card, swipes it down the butt crack of the stripper and takes both twenties!

I’m here all week folks! I got a million of ‘em!

Happy Saturday,

Catch

CatchAll on August 22, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Hillary Clinton, Arlen Specter and B Hussein Obama are sitting together at a stripper bar in Georgetown after a long day of legislating away our personal liberties & rights. An absolutely smokin’ hott stripper is on the stage, shaking her fine back end right in their faces.

Hillary Clinton says, “that’s the best piece of a$$ I’ve seen since that taut-skinned mummy Nancy Pelosi hit on me!”, licks a twenty dollar bill and slaps it on the left cheek of the stripper. B Hussein Obama says, “she’s way better looking than that scowling, stringy-a$$ed bItch the Muslim elders forced me to marry back in my Kenyan birthplace!”, licks a twenty dollar bill and slaps it on the left cheek of the stripper. Arlen Specter takes out his ATM card, swipes it down the a$$crack of the stripper and takes both twenties!

I’m here all week, folks! I got a million of ‘em!

Catch

CatchAll on August 22, 2009 at 11:11 AM

The only joke this clown would know would be his autobiography.

volsense on August 22, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Hillary Clinton, Arlen Specter and B Hussein Obama are sitting in a strip club, unwinding after a long day of legislating away our personal rights & liberties. A gorgeous dancer is kneeling on the stage, shaking her firm back end in their faces.

Hillary Clinton says, “I haven’t seen anything that good since that taut-skinned mummy Nancy Pelosi hit on me!”, licks a twenty dollar bill and slaps it onto the left cheek of the dancer. B Hussein Obama says, “she’s way better looking than that scowling stringy-muscled bee-yotch the Muslim elders in my Kenyan birthplace forced me to marry!”, licks a twenty dollar bill and slaps it onto the left cheek of the dancer. Arlen Specter whips out his ATM card, swipes it down the back-crack of the dancer and takes both twenties….

I’m here all week, folks! I got a million of ‘em!

Catch

CatchAll on August 22, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Still really wonder why some of those old farts in Congress want to keep on keeping on. How much more money do they want to steal? Must be quite the ego trip.

Kissmygrits on August 22, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I couldn’t finish watching it. It looks like a plane crash. This poor guy doesn’t know he’s in a world of s—t.

RogerWiss on August 22, 2009 at 11:59 AM

D’OH! Triple post, my bad.

I was trying to post my joke and it wasn’t appearing online when I hit the post buttoon like a lab-rat hittin’ the food-pellet bar. DING! DING! DING!

CatchAll on August 22, 2009 at 2:38 PM

With all due respect to a member of the United States Senate, this man almost appears to be drugged.

oldleprechaun on August 22, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Her remark about death penalties was absolutely laugh-stuff.
She earned that one.

AnninCA on August 22, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Speaking of drugged …

Her remark about death penalties was absolutely laugh-stuff.
She earned that one.

AnninCA on August 22, 2009 at 5:23 PM

corona on August 22, 2009 at 6:01 PM

This is an august senator. One who is wise enough to be allowed to make our laws. What a disgrace.

jorb on August 22, 2009 at 9:01 PM

ChickaBOOMer: Arlen Specter’s Comity Central

StewartIII on August 22, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Well, that was the best comedy routine I have seen since, well, this little gem!

Freddy on August 22, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Huh. How many people in the front row were leaning forward to jump on the stage to thump on his chest when he fell over?

Comedy? Please. Get his old ass off the stage for something worthwhile.

91Veteran on August 23, 2009 at 2:20 AM

There was an old repugnican Senator who had brain cancer and became a democRAT . Thanks folks , I’ll be here in DC for the next 40 years . You have been a great electorate , Good night .

borntoraisehogs on August 23, 2009 at 10:08 PM

He’s like Rodney Dangerfield without the originality, the imagination, or the timing. This was painful to watch.

argos on August 23, 2009 at 10:43 PM