Video: Obama now a big NASCAR fan or something

posted at 7:49 pm on August 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

Not quite comedy gold but maybe comedy bronze, as The One delivers a master class on how to B.S. your way through a subject you know and/or care little about. How he managed to keep a straight face talking up the joys of guys driving around in a circle, I’ll never know; I guess a good briefing book and 18 months spent pandering on the trail to whatever local cultural idiosyncrasy you encounter breeds a certain facility with this sort of thing. He earned his presidential salary today, my friends. The hard way.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

The more Obama’s favorability declines, the more jibberish will permeate his rhetoric…

10% favorability: “Let me be clear. I uh, jibba jabba jibba jabba, economy, wee wee eeeee ooo, hope and change, ooga booga booya. Thank you.”

PaulMorphy on August 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Whom among us does not love NASCAR?

B Man on August 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I don’t. But I never knew about the bootlegging part, so maybe I’ll check it out. :)

atheling on August 21, 2009 at 2:02 AM

I experience too many Americans who can spout a sports statistic, but have no clue who their Senators are. STUPID!

Too many fathers in America would rather hunker down in the Lazy-boy with a beer and a bag of chips for an afternoon than take their children fishing, hunting, or camping. LAZY!

If sports make ya “happy”, see a therapist.

Does that answer your questions, moron?

David2.0 on August 20, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Well you do have a point. The Fall of Rome can be attributed to “Bread and Circuses”, and in this case there’s certainly a parallel.

atheling on August 21, 2009 at 2:07 AM

That’s because you’re not a psycopathic liar.

jana on August 21, 2009 at 2:10 AM

I can’t wait to see the “Clash for clunker 500″ !

Antagonist on August 21, 2009 at 3:33 AM

David2.0 on August 20, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Angry little man aren’t you?

EnochCain on August 21, 2009 at 4:41 AM

Bobby Allison used to drive around town with the heater on and the windows up in the middle of summer to condition himself for driving the race car. I heard somebody say he couldn’t sell that car at the end of the year.

backwoods conservative on August 20, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Bobby Allison. That reminded me that NASCAR hasn’t been the same since there’s been no more “Alabama Gang”

Jeff from WI on August 21, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Hell is up with that cute chick’s purple cow pattern shoes? Did her 4 year old dress her?

Alden Pyle on August 21, 2009 at 7:44 AM

It used to be that when the president did a “meet and greet”, he was doing the work of the country. Now it’s all PR.

If anyone is being influenced by this stuff that BOTH sides do, then they really shouldn’t vote!

Vince on August 21, 2009 at 7:52 AM

OMG. Pathetic. David Axelrod should be shot for dreaming this stunt up. Can you picture him thinking, “Lord, the white folks are panicked by our plans for socialized medicine, rationing, and death panels……what to do to get’em back onboard?…..I’ve got it! Let’s talk about NASCAR!” Poor Brad Dougherty….he had to know he was there as a prop. I wonder if he had a hand in preparing the teleprompter?

olesparkie on August 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Oh SUUURE.

This argula, patchtouli, wagyu-steak eating, pocket change jingling diplo-dunk appartichik is a big NASCAR fan.

Riiiiight.

manofaiki on August 21, 2009 at 8:05 AM

DBOTUS

cptthumper on August 21, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Oh, this explains why he hasn’t been in church on Sundays. He’s staying home and watching NASCAR.

RogerWiss on August 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM

How phony is bringing the ONE black guy in NASCAR?

marklmail on August 21, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Couldn’t find time to get to a race. What a line of crap.

oakpack on August 21, 2009 at 9:36 AM

How phony is bringing the ONE black guy in NASCAR?

marklmail on August 21, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Um. Not a NASCAR fan, are ya marky?

oakpack on August 21, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Obama’s only connection to NASCAR is that he only turns left and desperately needs a restrictor plate.

SKYFOX on August 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I’m not a NASCAR fan, but nothing wrong with being happy.

I’d be interested to see how “sports” keep people stupid though, or fat (especially with the price of hot dogs at the ballpark/stadium these days).

reaganaut on August 20, 2009 at 8:38 PM

If sports make ya “happy”, see a therapist.

Does that answer your questions, moron?

David2.0 on August 20, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Wow, David2.0, does this mean that you are the upgraded version of a jerky jerkface?

Look sparky, I work six days a week, and if on Sunday, I want to sit down and watch 42 800+ horsepower 3500 pound cars thunder around at 180 miles per hour inches away from each other, that’s my damn business. While you might experience “too many Americans” that don’t come up to your standards, lately I’ve experienced “too many Americans” who are busy-bodies, like you, sir.

dean_acheson on August 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Watch out Mike Helton, there could be a Nascar czar in your future. Be afraid, very,very afraid.

la.rt.wngr on August 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I’m suprised that he didn’t explain why they should be racing electric cars instead…for the global warming, ya know.

pageram on August 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM

The only thing I got out of this thread is the fact that David2.0 is a stressed-out little P***K.

ronnyraygun on August 21, 2009 at 6:50 PM