Video: Single payer is the goal

posted at 10:12 am on August 19, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Verum Serum has another of its video series on ObamaCare and the Trojan horse of the public option. Think of this as Trojan Horse’s Greatest Hits — a couple of big hits, plus a couple of tracks you may not have seen before now. For instance, I don’t believe I’ve seen Barney quite as Frank as he is in two clips from the last few weeks on his goals for the public plan:

Rahm Emanuel offers a similar formulation. It’s not the means, it’s the goal. It’s a good reminder that even while the Left scoffs at the notion that the entire ObamaCare bill is a Trojan horse for single-payer, people like Barney Frank, Rahm Emanuel, Jan Schakowsky, and Anthony Weiner keep reminding us that they really do want a complete government takeover of the health-care system. ObamaCare is just the means by which they plan to accomplish it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Disturb the Universe on August 19, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Actually he probably should be banned now. He’s hijacked the thread and he’s now making racist posts.

elduende on August 19, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Ed, what does it take to get banned here? Trolls are getting nasty and racist.

farright on August 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Go get ammo cause there are Nee-gros in the WH!

Blueneck on August 19, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Sorry, but if the overwhelming majority of them weren’t feeding at the grievance-monger trough, I’d be voting for them in a heartbeat.

The minute Walter Williams or Thomas Sowell announces a run, I’m contributing.

BuckeyeSam on August 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Ed,

Is there an age limit, or IQ threshold for posters? Blueneck is really bringing the level of discussion down to a childish level that gets very boring.

Star20 on August 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Ok, time to put the trash out…..

Blueneck on August 19, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Onward Forward and Upward!!

RoxanneH on August 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Disturb the Universe on August 19, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I’ll set the over/under at 72 hrs. Which one ya want :)

HoustonRight on August 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM

So they want records from the top 50 insurance companies, 50 plus competing companies does not sound like monopoly to me.

bluemarlin on August 19, 2009 at 11:23 AM

BuckeyeSam on August 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I’d give JC Watts a close look too. And, that’s coming from a longhorn.

HoustonRight on August 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM

If this passes (which looks like it will, thanks to the GOP….Not one single ad that bombed this whole thing. They let us down again) Approval rating should be 78 against and then the hardcore o lovers…..

What do we do then
,If you are not loaded what do us serfs do?

nondhimmie on August 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I’m not racist..teabaggers that carry Nazi signs and are afraid of having anybody that is not white is the WH are racist. Like most Repugs.

Blueneck on August 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Obamacare is a fine example of the push for equality of outcome as opposed to equality of opportunity.
Equality of opportunity offers no guarantees. It results in many achieving according to their talents and drive and some failing for lack of same.
Equality of outcome can only guarantee poor results for all affected due to natural shortages of resources and the corruption inherent in any bureacracy. It rewards failure equal to it’s punishment of success and is therefore counterproductive. But it is also countercultural and thus attractive to the left while it appeals to their infantile concept of fairness.

SKYFOX on August 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Blueneck on August 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Then stop making racist posts troll. You should be banned for your disruptions alone.

elduende on August 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Blueneck on August 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM

But you support and encourage vandalism and have no respect for the 1st Amendment.

Disturb the Universe on August 19, 2009 at 11:27 AM

SKYFOX on August 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Beautiful post. This thread needed such a breath of fresh air.

Thanks.

HoustonRight on August 19, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Fedex and UPS are still in business despite the fact that the government run post office has been here forever.

liberal343 on August 19, 2009 at 10:32 AM

As usual you can’t follow the causality chain in the correct direction. UPS and Fedex are in business precisely because the government run post office has been here forever.

Even if we get ObamaCare, private medical insurance provides will eventually reemerge decades down the road (as they are finally doing now in China where I live). In the mean time US healthcare quality will decline dramatically and new R&D will stagnate.

DarkCurrent on August 19, 2009 at 11:29 AM

I’ll set the over/under at 72 hrs. Which one ya want :)

HoustonRight on August 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM

If we poke him enough he won’t last the thread.

Disturb the Universe on August 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Disturb the Universe on August 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Where’s my stick?

HoustonRight on August 19, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Where’s my stick?

HoustonRight on August 19, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Just use anything pointy that’s handy.

Disturb the Universe on August 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM

If we poke him enough he won’t last the thread.

Disturb the Universe on August 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM

OK, I’ll take a bite DU

Blueneck: “I’m not a complete idiot — some parts are missing.”

Blueneck and liberal343 are perfect examples of the principal that if you don’t pay your exorcist you can get repossessed.

Rovin on August 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Single payer A feudal system is the goal

They lords, you vassals.

MB4 on August 19, 2009 at 11:37 AM

If you look at all the thread this morning it appears as if each of them have been hijacked by three trolls. Come on guys, ignore these idiots.

d1carter on August 19, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Oh, yeah. How about Michelle Malkin?

P.S. She’s on Hannity tonight.

BuckeyeSam on August 19, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Yes, sorry, I left out Michelle, my favorite. But she’s an independent journo, of whom I was trying to exempt. I want to see a “journalist” from inside the state-run media, who gets fed up and goes all whistle blower, a la Bernie Goldberg.

ornery_independent on August 19, 2009 at 11:39 AM

If we poke him enough he won’t last the thread.

Disturb the Universe on August 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Let me tell you guys It never seizes to amaze me how racist these leftists are.

The first thing they focus on is race and when they lose arguments the last thing they use is race.

As a wise “Latino” let me tell you the only racists I’ve ever met are liberals/progressives. It is amazing.

elduende on August 19, 2009 at 11:40 AM

seizes = ceases

elduende on August 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM

It’s not Blueneck’s fault. He’s a good example of what happens to someone who actually believes all the politically expedient garbage the left feeds people.

For instance, I’m sure he thinks Joe Wilson is a hero not a granstanding liar. He certainly thinks that “torture” was widespread and ordered by the President. He still believes the CIA lied to Congress at the behest of Dick Cheney. He may even think Bush knew about 9/11 in advance…?

It’s a toxic stew of misinformation. If I believed that stuff I might be a liberal troll too. There, but for the grace of God, go I.

John on August 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Once again the mindless left prove they have absolutely no value whatsoever.

Social and political evolution means going forward toward individual freedoms and personal responsibility. We’re now experiencing an extreme DEvolution driven by the left where everyone is subservient to government, while unions and corrupt organizations (like acorn) are blessed with the green from the left to prop up the socialist politicians using fascist thug tactics.

This country has devolved socially and politically back to the 1940s in a matter of just a few years. In this context I do think that the left and their leaders are starting to resembleing hitler and his nazi fascists.

The left wing can whine about that comparison all day long, but to stop those comparisons all they need to do is stop resembling them.

Spiritk9 on August 19, 2009 at 11:43 AM

d1carter on August 19, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Ya, kinda pointless trying to have a discussion. Mods, where are you? Shouldn’t excessive thread-jacking be a suspendable, if not bannable, offense?

ornery_independent on August 19, 2009 at 11:47 AM

John on August 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I bet he wears his keffiyeh with his Che T-shirt.

Disturb the Universe on August 19, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Wow. That is a devastating video.

These liberals are real snakes in the grass.

capitalist piglet on August 19, 2009 at 11:49 AM

John on August 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I doubt it. We all get bombarded with this misinformation, but very few of us become as deranged as blueneck. There has to be something fundamentally wrong with the person’s cognitive process in the first place.

DarkCurrent on August 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM

That video should be aired as a Public Service Announcement. Only not too close to bedtime, as it will cause nightmares and a nationwide insomnia outbreak!

redwhiteblue on August 19, 2009 at 12:03 PM

The left is so 70′s, with their racist rhetoric…America has moved way past color of skin, we are upset by the color of his and these marxist lovin’ hearts.

Get a new bugaboo, look around neighborhoods, the seventies are long gone.

When AIDS patients are refused long and expensive treatments for an incurable disease while an illegal is offered plastic surgery, we will see the true color of everyones heart.

nondhimmie on August 19, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Come on troll feeders… as you feed them, the thread is destroyed. Newcomers won’t read a thread that is filled with troll tennis, and the trolls know it.

Ignore them.

They choose this thread because it is most injurious to their cause should the new-to-the-blogosphere happen to read.

Ignore the bloody trolls already, and leave the thread something that you want your neighbors to read, with the goal of taking away a reasoning that scares the bejeebers out of the statists – the very thing the trolls’ masters fear most.

shaken on August 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM

shaken on August 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Well said. Bravo!

redwhiteblue on August 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM

AP,

I understand opening registration for new folks and new arguements. Gives a little life to a site to do so every now and then. I also understand letting the noobs have a few days to settle In before swinging the ban hammer. Let them get used to the rules, let them make a mistake or two.

That being said there are 2 or 3 genuine trolls that got in this last round who are dragging down the tenor of every debate and hijacking every thread. One or two might chill out and become fun to debate eventually. But this thread, and the childish & racist crap in it point to at least one of the recently added who needs a permaban.

TCJ on August 19, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Oh yeah we spew hate….not like the white trash that goes to teabagging parties and town halls to disrupt real debate and call Obama a socialist when what the really hate is a Nee-gro in the WH. That my friends is what scares the shit out of most whites in this country…NEE-gros in the White house Michelle-monkey-nappy headed-Malia dolls remember all that repugs??

Go get ammo cause there are Nee-gros in the WH!

Blueneck on August 19, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Delta Alpha, there is only half a “negro” in the WH. The other half is white.

People aren’t upset at his race, it’s his politics.

Tim Burton on August 19, 2009 at 12:30 PM

shaken on August 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I don’t know – I think it’s entertaining to see the trolls bloodied and limping away, or left dying on the battlefield.

DarkCurrent on August 19, 2009 at 12:39 PM

You had your chance with Shrub. Now get out of the damn way before we roll you over…..

Blueneck on August 19, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Oooo….
With?

Disturb the Universe on August 19, 2009 at 10:54 AM

My guess is a bus.

DethMetalCookieMonst on August 19, 2009 at 12:41 PM

If the GOP had any sense whatsoever they would be running this as a TV spot right now. Nothing better than Dems letting slip the truth about their plans in their own words.

And it would be funny to see Robert Gibbs squirm as he explained what all these people meant to say when they misspoke. All I would change for a TV spot would be to add in Obama himself saying he’s in favour of single payer.

Jay Mac on August 19, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Ok, I’m heading over to HuffPo to poke the trolls on their home turf…

/Not really, cuz I have a business to run, and I need to ramp up to pay for gov’t to wipe the asses of the funemployed, those who won’t do it for themselves. You know who you are, losers.

ornery_independent on August 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM

John on August 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM

But for the grace of God yes, but also a mind and a soul.

These people know they are being willfully hateful, misled or not.

Maquis on August 19, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Ever hear those commercials with the catch-phrases “the secret that [doctors, dentists, banks, credit card companies, etc.] don’t want you to know? The psychological tactic is to make the target audience feel that they are being included in a privileged group; that they are special and are invited to reap the benefits of knowledge that only really special people can handle. The Democratic leadership is deploying the same tactic on its committed but gullible base. Having the far left caricatures like Frank and Weiner reaffirm fealty to single payer is the politcal equivalent of a stage whisper, meant to reassure the foot soldiers who are valued only for their volume and not their opinions.

Any smart liberal knows that not all healthcare reform advocates have the same goal and that there is a struggle to determine which goals have priority. I would venture that Obama’s actual goal is not single payer (because the really smart people who know how things work tell him it is not feasible) but universal coverage. This is a legacy issue that appeals to his self image and he has no qualms about stiffing the gullible socialist romantics.

Obama has to play to the liberal base because the actual details of getting to universal coverage is repugnant to liberal orthodoxy. He knows that the government cannot start an insurance company without contracting out and buying services from the private sector, and that a few favored political allies will stand to profit handsomely. This is the calcuation behind the seemingly paradoxical behavior of PhRMA, AARP and the AMA.

The really astute liberal will look at the the truly government run healthcare systems, i.e. the VA, compare it with Medicare and immediately see the problem: the VA is a self contained system, that owns its own hospitals and employes its own doctors and nurses. Medicare on the other hand has to buy its services from the private healthcare system. Medicare even has to buy services from private Recovery Audit Contractors to perform its billing surveillance and recovery functions. The super really astute liberal will realize that the level of services that Medicare is able to buy from the private healthcare system is sustained by the unique benefits of the market, constrained as it is by half-baked policies and mandates.

Single payer is an adolescent fantasy of people who don’t think they’ll ever get sick.

z9z99 on August 19, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Ready, fire aim…at your own foot. Way to go Barn. If people already think that you’re stupid, open your mouth and remove all doubt.

orlandocajun on August 19, 2009 at 12:56 PM

My question for Congwessman Fwank:

When you said during the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac regulation hearings that “I don’t see anything in your report that raises saftey and soundness problems” were you simply lying to protect campaign contributors and advance a Socialist agenda or was this strictly due to sheer incompetence?

SittingDeadRed on August 19, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Blueneck’s entire purpose is to post crap that the MSM and others use to smear the entire right, and many centrists, too. They’ll go away if no one pays them no mind.

TinMan13 on August 19, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Blueneck on August 19, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Ohhhh I’m scared big boy.

NJ Red on August 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

And I’d still like to know under what clause of the constitution do they believe they have the authority to create a single payer health care system and thus nationalizing 1/6th of our economy?

As someone who has actually studied the document (several times I might add), I can find nothing that gives them such authority to control the lives of the American people.

TKSnider on August 19, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Lets be frank–you can’t put lipstick on this prig!

chickasaw42 on August 19, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Jeez.

The desperate gaggle of Liberal troglodyte homunculi who troll the Hot Air threads really do get all inflamed and angsty when indisputable video PROOF straight from the horse’s ass mouth about Single-Payer being the ultimate true and sole goal of Obamacare is displayed for all the world to see.

They can’t dispute that which their great and noble leaders, such as boy-wonder-side-kick Rahm Emanuel, tapioca throat Barney Frank, and perpetually pms’n Kathleen Sebelius; et al say with their own mouths… so they simply just attack the posters in the threads.

Yeah. Note to Hot Air trolls. The cat’s are out of the bag. If you’re quick enough you can catch em and eat em. GO GET EM BOYS N’ GIRLS!

SilverStar830 on August 19, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Dear Mr. Fwank,

I am a credenza. I am still better than you, I preform a function in the universe. You, however, do not.

nondhimmie on August 19, 2009 at 8:05 PM

ornery_independent on August 19, 2009 at 11:47 AM

When they do get banned, to quote Leslie Chow in “The Hangover,” “Toodaloo, mother f*ckaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!”

NathanG on August 19, 2009 at 9:26 PM