Unreal: MSNBC edits clip of man with gun at Obama rally to support racism narrative

posted at 7:42 pm on August 19, 2009 by Allahpundit

I missed this yesterday at Newsbusters but Treacher, rightly aghast, tipped me to it this afternoon. Never will you see a starker example of MSNBC getting away with the sort of deception for which Fox News would be pilloried, especially in the context of race. If you missed Monday’s post about this, go watch the footage (or look at this photo) and see if you can deduce why they wouldn’t want to show the guy with the rifle from the neck up during this particular segment. For all the well-deserved heat that MSNBC’s primetime line-up has taken for its demagoguery — Maddow has been notably egregious during the health-care blowup — this proves that they’re not above pulling this crap during their daytime “hard news” segments either.

When you’re done with the clip, scroll through the new photo gallery Zombie’s put together of the many, many, many “Kill Bush” signs at leftist protests over the past eight years. Thank goodness outlets like MSNBC and the Huffington Post took such “blunt, no-argument stances” against that sort of insanity at the time.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Black man….what black man…I don’t see no black man…

right2bright on August 19, 2009 at 7:46 PM

“Unreal” and “MSNBC” in the same sentence???

Really????

The sandbox that has Mathews/Olbernoid/ManThing???

Really???

BigWyo on August 19, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Always believe the worst about MSNBC and their left wing nonsense.

rplat on August 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Can’t a black guy get any credit in this country? He went there with his gun to that rally to support obama, but whitey don’t want to give the black man no credit for showing up.

Damn straight, this is racism!

keep the change on August 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I am having a really hard time working up any anger anymore. Burnout, maybe. I expect this sort of deception from them, actually. What can we do? (A serious question.)

Mommypundit on August 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I can’t type what I want to say. All I can say is I want something bad to happen to MSNBC.

MadisonConservative on August 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Contessa even says its “white people” bringing guns to rallies.

MayBee on August 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Move along, nothing to see here.

TooTall on August 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM

MSNBC doing it’s very best to foment a race war. If anything happens to the President, God forbid, my index finger will be pointing in the direction of these bastards.
These people are the truly dangerous ones.

Dino64 on August 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I’d rather someone take out the media.

hip shot on August 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Fox does this stuff all the time.

Just accept that it’s part of the business. I think they do it intentionally sometimes to slight the other side.

Spathi on August 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Is this legal , isn’t this some form of instigation to race hate.

the_nile on August 19, 2009 at 7:50 PM

This is their Food Lion, explode-the-truck moment.

Chris_Balsz on August 19, 2009 at 7:50 PM

More media spin: I was watching CHarlie Gibson at the gym today, and he was talking about the spike in gun sales. Turns out, all those law-abiding citizens buying guns are just stooges buying guns for their criminal friends.

Chiasmos on August 19, 2009 at 7:50 PM

What’s shocking out this is that it’s so damn obvious! These lefties are just phoning it in…everybody knows what the hell this is, but they put this schlock together and pass it off as real anyway. It’s like an Ed Wood movie. How stupid do you have to be to watch an Ed Wood movie and be convinced that it’s real?

AUINSC on August 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Fox does this stuff all the time.

Spathi on August 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Prove it. Provide a clip of FOX hiding someone’s race and then claiming that what the person was doing is only done by one race, for racist reasons.

MadisonConservative on August 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM

This is the bottom feeder of the so called news media.How this Chanel can get away with what is said there everyday.Why any Republican or conservative would ever go on that station is a mystery to me.

thmcbb on August 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM

CBS, FNC, NBC, ABC…. all major sources of cable news pull the same stunts.

Funny it only shows up here when it fits with the general narrative.

welcome_ghosts on August 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM

welcome_ghosts on August 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Allah has often pointed out when Fox tries to spin something

Chiasmos on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I started to get worked up, then realized that hardly anybody is watching that crap anyway.

Mark1971 on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Fox does this stuff all the time.

Spathi on August 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Before you start throwing out your leftwing Axelrod talking points, you have any proof of that statement?

Either that or shut up.

Is it me, or has the quality of the trolls gone down the crapper?

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

All part of the reaction to the threat to liberalism, Democrat and Democrat paranoid delusionals perceive.

As more people become anti liberal, there will be more attacks of every kind imaginable, even indiscriminate random nonsensical attacks.

Imagine how anyone would react emotionally to their religion being proved wrong.

Speakup on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

What are they trying to do, win the Oscar for Best Documentary?

trubble on August 19, 2009 at 7:54 PM

MadisonConservative on August 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM

You want our network to fail! Don’t you?! Don’t you?!!!

— Chrissy

Loxodonta on August 19, 2009 at 7:54 PM

If you point out that the guy with the AR-15 is black then you are a WACIST!!!

Keef Overbite on August 19, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I saw this on Newsbusters I think…no MSM will take up the role of spoiler on this…maybe BOR? Should we send this to him?

d1carter on August 19, 2009 at 7:55 PM

You want our network to fail! Don’t you?! Don’t you?!!!

Loxodonta on August 19, 2009 at 7:54 PM

They’re already failing.

I’d like to see MSNBC simply cease to exist.

MadisonConservative on August 19, 2009 at 7:55 PM

MSNBC’s eleven viewers were reportedly quite concerned.

Bishop on August 19, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Like fox news editing out the Nazi remarks to make it look like Barny Frank was going after a normal person.

Like you posted their video instead of the full monty?

frumian on August 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

One thing about it, it is msnbc so no one will be watching. I know I didn’t.

Terrye on August 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Is it me, or has the quality of the trolls gone down the crapper?

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

It’s all those social promotions in the Trolling 101 course. Dang shame I tell ya. I bet Japanese or German trolls actually have facts and stuff.

trubble on August 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

(Knucklehead) No it,s not just you .I think the lower Obama & the Dems go in the polls the wilder and crazier the trolls get.

thmcbb on August 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Same old crap as yesterday. I’m white, therefore I must be a racist.

Hammie on August 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

You want our network to fail! Don’t you?! Don’t you?!!!

Loxodonta on August 19, 2009 at 7:54 PM
They’re already failing.

I’d like to see MSNBC simply cease to exist.

MadisonConservative on August 19, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I’d like to see Olby and Maddow in a death match…

Keef Overbite on August 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

d1carter on August 19, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I sent it as soon as I saw it over NB. You know BOR will be on this like stink on monkey.

And Bernie Goldberg is on tonight. Stay tuned.

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 7:58 PM

frumian:

Like most news media neglected to mention that Nancy Pelosi was the first one to even bring up the whole swastika thing and get the ball rolling in the first place.

And you know what? That lady was a Democrat, a LaRouche Democrat. So, how many news outlets made a point of that?

Terrye on August 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Is it me, or has the quality of the trolls gone down the crapper?

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

No, you’re right. At least getalife and other members of the past waive of trolls registered on hotair had the occassional humorous comeback. This new crop just do canned one-liners that are so cliche and uninteresting.

DrStock on August 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Is it me, or has the quality of the trolls gone down the crapper?

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I like Spathi..he/she/it is such an idiot, sometimes I think it’s a false flag operation…really a conservative having a few laughs acting like a moronic lefty.

AUINSC on August 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Interesting. Three different trolls, same lame talking points.

Slublog on August 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Amazing.

CP on August 19, 2009 at 8:00 PM

This new crop just do canned one-liners that are so cliche and uninteresting.

DrStock on August 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM

They get weeded out and the “good” ones stick around. Until comment registration is reopened. I stay away when that happens.

Mommypundit on August 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Surely these three saw the actual pictures. How can they work up so much righteous indignation and keep from dissolving in laughter? Actors. Is there an Emmy for the best portrayal of a reporter on a fictional news network?

Dee2008 on August 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Don’t you get it? Obama is half white, half black. Anybody can be racist towards him, lol.

Terry Silver on August 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM

MSNBC:This man with guns in a WHITE SHIRT is a KKK member. (Pay no attention to his black skin)

portlandon on August 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Really, aside from censorship issues, when networks or at least network shows edit things like this to basically falsify news in order to achieve some agenda or another they need to be taken off the air whether it be for a day, a week, or forever.

This crap needs to stop.

And you liberals want to argue about what is a fascist tactic? This is one example.

Spiritk9 on August 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM

The Left’s propaganda machine is plumbing new depths. Combined with their other activities, including those directed by the Obama administration itself, (such as demonizing large swaths of American citizens, purpleshirt thugs and flag@WhiteHouse.gov), they are either extremely stupid and will pay a hefty price in ’10 and ’12—or they think they have ’10 and ’12 covered by other means.

If they try to silence dissent, like shutting down talk radio, and if they “upgrade” our election system, this could get very ugly.

FloatingRock on August 19, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Interesting. Three different trolls, same lame talking points.

Slublog on August 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Isn’t it?

Mommypundit on August 19, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Of course the program also failed to mention that a Secret Service agent was tailing the guy with the rifle the entire time, that he was told how close he could get to the security line, that he called ahead to let the cops know he would be armed.

Squeaky Fromme and Hinckley didn’t get on the horn to Ford and Reagan to announce their intentions.

The MSM gets dumber by the day.

Bishop on August 19, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Like you posted their video instead of the full monty?

frumian on August 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Put up your proof or shutup. You really do sound like a dining room table.

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 8:02 PM

portlandon on August 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I think that you are being racist in saying that a black man can’t become a KKK member, lol.

Terry Silver on August 19, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Terrye on August 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM

What? I’m sorry I have no idea what you are talking about.

LaRouchies are LaRouchies. You sound like those people that claim Nazis were socialists because their name had socialist in it.

Besides, you haven’t rebutted my point, you have just said you don’t care when fox does it.

frumian on August 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Even Jon Stewart on The Daily Show showed his face and, you can see him surrounded by `The Purple Gang’ from SEIU.

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM

The Guy carrying the AK is a #@$%%#@^&

Ok, it’s a you tube clip from Blazing Saddles that may, karmically, invalidate my Berkeley degree earned in 70′s… alhought at this point I’m ok with that…

Shivas Irons on August 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Contessa Brewer is a high school grade level reporter. She is so far up Obama’s behind she makes Chris Matthews envious.

FireBlogger on August 19, 2009 at 8:04 PM

This network is in a competition for faux outrage with themselves. Pathetic.

sherry on August 19, 2009 at 8:04 PM

All the news that’s fit to print crop.

Good Lt on August 19, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Is it me, or has the quality of the trolls gone down the crapper?

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Not that there were ever any “good” trolls, but a lot have been banned. Liberal343 got the ax today (but another troll with the very similar name of liberal4life miraculously appeared and started posting, exactly one half hour later).

Whatever happened to strangelet?

UltimateBob on August 19, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Well, In The Road to Serfdom, Hayek makes a pretty good argument that all Nazism is is socialism taken to its extreme

Chiasmos on August 19, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Put up your proof or shutup. You really do sound like a dining room table.

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Crap man you are unhinged. I told you where it was posted. Right here yesterday.

frumian on August 19, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Contessa Brewer is a high school grade level reporter.

FireBlogger on August 19, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Yes but she is quite gorgeous. That always helps the ratings.

UltimateBob on August 19, 2009 at 8:06 PM

The Guy carrying the AK is a #@$%%#@^&

Ok, it’s a you tube clip from Blazing Saddles that may, karmically, invalidate my Berkeley degree earned in 70’s… alhought at this point I’m ok with that…

Shivas Irons on August 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM

That is a great scene.

Terry Silver on August 19, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Is it me, or has the quality of the trolls gone down the crapper?

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

When did they ever have any quality?

FloatingRock on August 19, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Nutcases were arguing that a 2nd amendment protester had no right to be there since, this was a health-care protest… I never thought conservatives would argue in favor of censorship of acceptable protest. I believe all protesters should be allowed to protest regardless of larger groups desires.

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Is it me, or has the quality of the trolls gone down the crapper?

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

When they come through the portal in open registration, I really wish AP or Ed would scan them

Loxodonta on August 19, 2009 at 8:06 PM

When did they ever have any quality?

FloatingRock on August 19, 2009 at 8:06 PM

As a troll I resent that statement.

Terry Silver on August 19, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Good thing the guy wore a long sleeved white shirt or they would have had to edit even more tightly… like maybe on the trigger guard of the AR-15 only.

Somebody at MSNBC took Creative Propaganda 101.

profitsbeard on August 19, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Chiasmos on August 19, 2009 at 8:05 PM

So Castro isn’t taking socialism to the extreme? Chavez?

Stalin provides enough reason to despise socialism without going Nazi.

frumian on August 19, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Sorry, it is liberal4eva

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:08 PM

MadisonConservative on August 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I think the commenter meant that Fox often has a narrative and edits materials to appear to be more supportive of that narrative than unedited materials would be. I don’t know about “Fox”, but certainly some of the opinion shows (like Hannity) do it.

DaveS on August 19, 2009 at 8:09 PM

This is not unreal, it is expected of liberals. Race baiting is their last refuge.

Rode Werk on August 19, 2009 at 8:11 PM

The left of the left and their MSM minions are “destroying” Dear Leader’s presidency. The center and center right know a sham when they see it..i.e. townhalls.

d1carter on August 19, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:06 PM

The argument people are making is why would you bring a gun to a public meeting that has nothing to do with the second amendment. I own guns and enjoy safely using them. I realize that open carry is legal in most places. That doesn’t make people comfortable though. If you were walking with your kid down the street and a guy had a gun on his waste, would you feel comfortable walking by him? I for one would keep my kid away from a stranger with a loaded weapon. Nobody is fighting your right to bear arms.

Terry Silver on August 19, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Amazing the Daily Show was less biased than msnbc, eh ?

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:12 PM

frumian on August 19, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Wrong answer idiot. Go back and read your statement. Show us all what got edited with proof.

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 8:12 PM

You sound like those people who claim Nazis weren’t socialists because…Why exactly? I am as capitalist as a person can be without actually turning into a dollar bill and I hate Nazism.

venividivici on August 19, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I bet Contessa clutches her purse when she passes a black man.

SouthernGent on August 19, 2009 at 8:13 PM

waste
Terry Silver on August 19, 2009 at 8:12 PM

waist

Terry Silver on August 19, 2009 at 8:13 PM

frumian on August 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Care to parse that nuance?

daesleeper on August 19, 2009 at 8:16 PM

s it me, or has the quality of the trolls gone down the crapper?

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

AUINSC on August 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I’m sorry, but you just cant fake that kind of stupid.

Wolftech on August 19, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Your missing my point. he was hanging with a bunch of SEIU folks and, they did not mind at all. Plant ? I have no clue but, the local talk radio covered him alone for almost 10 hours over 2 days. He was from out-of-state and, I think this has been an excessive amount of coverage. I’m starting to think about ` The Lone Gunman’ theory. My stronger point is, people were complaining that anyone would dare try to protest something other than healthcare. Getting us off message was one comment.

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Wow! That’s going low.

aikidoka on August 19, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I thought he was wacky but, interestingly enough, the Secret Service was not concerned. I tend to trust their and the Police judgement in these cases. Would your child be frightened by a soldier ?

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM

That’s MSNBC for you. MSNBC is so in the tank for Obama that they are willing to flush journalistic integrity down the toilet in order to help Obama get his agenda passed.

SoulGlo on August 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Wow! Isn’t there a law against this sort of stuff?

joedoe on August 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Alright ok. My problem is I don’t know why people are even bringing guns to these townhalls. They are making responsible gun owners look kooky.

Terry Silver on August 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM

SoulGlo on August 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM

You cant flush what you never had…

Wolftech on August 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Huh? Fox news edited out the woman calling Obama a Nazi.

How hard is it for you to honestly debate?

venividivici on August 19, 2009 at 8:13 PM

They were at war with socialists, they hunted and killed socialists in their occupied territory, they allied with fascists.

Need more?

frumian on August 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Wow! Isn’t there a law against this sort of stuff?

joedoe on August 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM

What, Wagging the Dog ?

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Is it me, or has the quality of the trolls gone down the crapper?
Knucklehead on August 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Actually, I think the crapper backed up.

Patrick S on August 19, 2009 at 8:22 PM

MSNBC edits clip of man with gun at Obama rally to support racism narrative

ahem… I said this already – right here.

Chrissy Matthews tonight said that “people with guns are going into these townhalls” or something similar

faraway on August 19, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Spathi on August 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM

evidence please… or it didn’t happen. Do you realize how stupid you look trying to defend this racist “news” story?

Ampersand on August 19, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Terry Silver on August 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I agree , that’s why I’m suspicious. Not that a community organizer would stoop that low.

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:23 PM

No, Fox news doesn’t do the same thing. And It’s “John” Hinckley not “Mark”

paraff on August 19, 2009 at 8:24 PM

This is incitement of a riot. Contessa Brewer, belongs in a sewer. She is pond scum.

tessa on August 19, 2009 at 8:24 PM

So the defense for this race-baiting lie is that the conservative stations spin things? MSNBC didn’t spin, they created a complete and utter untruth, and did so with malice aforethought.

The old “I wasn’t the only one speeding, officer” defense?

The old “Tommy pulls the little girls’ hair too” defense?

The old “I’m not the first guy to murder someone” defense?

That’s the best they can do?

“Mr. Afrolib, please pick up the WHITE paging telephone.”

Meremortal on August 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Dude even notified the police 2 days ahead of time.

Jeff2161 on August 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Dude in the video being interviewed.

Just a snippet though.

- The Cat

MirCat on August 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Stalin killed almost as many socialists as Hitler.

I guess that means he wasn’t a socialist?

Communists have been killing other communists since the beginning of communism.

Hell, Trotsky called Stalin a fascist and Stalin called Trotsky a fascist.

SteveMG on August 19, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Is it possible that this young man was just doing his civic duty, like those two election observers in Philadelphia the day dear leader was elected?

Cindy Munford on August 19, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Huh? Fox news edited out the woman calling Obama a Nazi.

How hard is it for you to honestly debate?

frumian on August 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Your going to have to break that one down for us. I have no clue what your talking about.

Ampersand on August 19, 2009 at 8:27 PM