Video: Hey, we’re happy to pay for abortions through ObamaCare!

posted at 8:48 am on August 13, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Here’s a town-hall moment to capture in amber. A constituent asks Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) to explain why ObamaCare will cover abortions when at least 90% of them are not medically necessary — in other words, the kind of elective surgery that insurance plans usually don’t cover. CA-16 is a heavily Democratic district, so Lofgren must have thought that she could tell the truth in an entre-nous sort of way.  When she explains that a national health-care system should cover abortion, she gets a surprisingly hostile reception (via Issues and Justice):

Just how liberal is CA-16?  They voted for Obama, 69%-28% in November, and if that doesn’t convince you of their leftist bona fides, they went for John Kerry in 2004, 63%-35%.  These aren’t exactly fiscal conservatives in the San Jose area, but they apparently don’t much like the notion of paying for someone else’s abortions.

Thankfully, though, Lofgren felt secure enough to admit the truth about the reform plan getting pushed through the House.  It’s going to repeal the Hyde Amendment and start supplying federal funds for abortions.  She thinks that’s just great.  What do you think?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Bishop on August 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

kingsjester on August 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM

That’s OK they seem quick out of the gate but not much on stamina.

HoustonRight on August 13, 2009 at 11:18 AM

HA used to get a better quality of troll; this new crop is pretty sad.

Bishop on August 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

They weren’t expecting to be behind at this stage of the game. Not much depth on the bench.

Yoop on August 13, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I feel like I am falling down the rabbit hole.

All the talk about Healthcare is very different from the Bill that I have seen. Dare I say I am being lied to by the entire Apparatus?

I can only imagine what 1984 or A Brave New World must feel like to some sheep who suddenly sees everything for as it really is.

Holger on August 13, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Dangit!! I live in her district, have checked her website regularly an even called her office explicitly about any Town Hall meetings. They could provide me with no information, and it’s STILL not listed on her website! How did she “announce” this?? I’m even on her useless email “news” list and didn’t get a notice about it. Given how she failed to tell her constituents about this in advance, I’m surprised she got any critical questions. Good for others in 16th District for ferreting this out and attending!

EasyEight on August 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

And, as a woman, I can assure you that there are ways of being sexually gratified without doing something that can actually create another human life. ya nitwit

Nah, every liberal knows a woman gets pregnant when she steps out of the cave into the Sun’s light. Or maybe the stork comes by.

Holger on August 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM

reshas1 on August 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM

reshas1 on August 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I hope someone gets a hold of that viral e-mail letter and adds a couple of viruses as attachments.

Holger on August 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Well, I guess we ought to be happy over the fact that more fodder for the government run school system has been reduced.

Otherwise we just might be overrun by trolls!

And BTW, don’t THEY multiply like Tribbles and Gizmo gremlins?

OkieDoc on August 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

These aren’t exactly fiscal conservatives in the San Jose area

I’m pretty sure that’s not an accurate statement. The libertarian vein in Silicon Valley runs fairly deep. Remember that it’s a neighboring district — one actually closer to San Francisco — that voted for Tom Campbell (and never voted against him). In the end, though, many of these people pull the lever for the Democrats, reasoning (rightly or wrongly) that Republicans aren’t any better at restraining growth in government than Democrats are. In addition, there’s a social stigma there for voting for mainstream Republicans (as opposed to, say, Ron Paul); that also drives the lopsided votes. Perhaps Lofgren has spent too much time in Washington and not enough in San Jose, but it shouldn’t be surprising to see folks there worried about the size of the federal government.

calbear on August 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

CrackpotIndependent is AnninCA.

DarkCurrent on August 13, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I think you’re right…

ladyingray on August 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM

HA used to get a better quality of troll; this new crop is pretty sad.
Bishop on August 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

All hat, no cattle… as we like to say down here.

TXUS on August 13, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I live in the 95123 zip code, this dunce is my representative, well not really but I have to live with it. And yes she represents the Kool aid drinking Fedaykin out here, I am not surprised she feels safe, they are truly nuts here.

imperator on August 13, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I think you’re right…

ladyingray on August 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM

I don’t know, this one seems to be more mean spirited.

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I haven’t read all the comments so sorry if this has already been said…

I think it’s time for another Palin Facebook post!

thevastlane on August 13, 2009 at 11:31 AM

HaHaHaHa, letters from Axelrod should be forwarded to:
flag@whitehouse.gov
HaHaHaHa

OkieDoc on August 13, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Covers Abortions

Covers Illegals

Slowly Eliminates Choices

Costs Trillions We Don’t Have

What’s not to love?

marklmail on August 13, 2009 at 11:35 AM

So we ALL get to pay for mothers to kill their own children. The abomination of the Obama nation.

Mojave Mark on August 13, 2009 at 11:37 AM

I called my Senator and used Statist language on purpose. I said, “I have a chronic health condition that cannot be controlled by ‘lifestyle’. When I take my medicine I can work and pay taxes. Off the medicine, I’m disabled. So, what would the ‘public option’ do with me? Provide me the meds so I can contribute? Or not provide them, and I’m not a producer?”

Did she gasp with horror?

Did she say, “Oh, you are so much more than just a NUMBER or a PRODUCER in society?” Did she assert my value as a human being? Did she dismiss the Statism I so boldly proclaimed?

No. She said, “Oh, that would be up to the health system to decide.”

True story. We are not people in this system, not individuals cherished by our Creator. We are producers or we are not. A fetus is not a producer. So goodbye, sweet baby with a beating heart.

Grace_is_sufficient on August 13, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Btw, the district is very liberal and very affluent. I doubt you’d just get the “Right Wingers” to show up since there aren’t that many in 16-D!

EasyEight on August 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Does this mean that the Millions spent on condoms in the Stimulus bill was wasted money??

TN Mom on August 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I’m a registered voter in CA-16. I’ve been looking for Representative Lofgren’s Town Hall schedule and been unable to find it. Given this, and my registration as a Republican, this all begins to make sense.

Rodney Graves on August 13, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Those newcomers in here who favor public paid abortions, I have one question. When Judgement Day comes and you are asked to explain why you favored abortion, will you be confident in your views enough to change the Lord’s mind on abortion. Seriously I would have that some thought because eternity is a very long time.

garydt on August 13, 2009 at 11:44 AM

reshas1 on August 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Can’t wait to see the new ads. High on
imagery that would make Goebbels proud.

lots of slow cuts I am sure of concerned old peoplea staring into the distance with their Middle aged child ppalcing a sympathetic hand on their shoulder. Internal monologue “How will I pay for my care”

Or a child running through a lily field and “Jenny able to run because of life saving surgery denied to millions of uninsured.”

I recommend a wide shot of a conference room with middle age white men, in armani suits back slapping because the just denied coverage of Timmy prexisting luekemia

Maybe the get Baldwin or Glover for the voiceover.

Closing with Some horrible throwback logo straight out 1960′s Cuba

WichoFawkes on August 13, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I guess if the government is going to be “in charge” of health care, then NO procedure or treatment should be off-limits. Holistic? Sure. Colon-cleansing? Definitely.

When you choose, you negotiate what you want against what you are willing to pay for your coverage. You can purchase additional coverage (that third-party thing) if you decide to go with an employer-based policy and want something that isn’t on the plan.

Or even pay, oh my gosh, out of your own pocket! But under “single payer” would you even have the choice to pay out of your own pocket or would the doctor/hospital/treatment center and/or you be violating a federal law if you decided to “do it on your own?”

TheProfessor on August 13, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I love the bit in Freakonomics where a potential correlation between the drop in crime through the 90′s and Roe v. Wade is explored. Exploding head territory.

It is PC to think of funded abortions as a crime prevention measure?

shaken on August 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Rodney Graves on August 13, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I didn’t hear or see either.I guess she feels safe not worrying about “angry mobs”.

Sanjoboy on August 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM

This, of course, is what they mean by “empathy”…

What a farce.

bluelightbrigade on August 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM

EasyEight on August 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

You can keep up with meetings in the area here.

HoustonRight on August 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM

HoustonRight on August 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Disregard the link I got the mistook the district you were looking for. Sorry

HoustonRight on August 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM

And BTW, don’t THEY multiply like Tribbles and Gizmo gremlins?

OkieDoc on August 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Nope. If a big enough chunk gets hacked off, the polyp grows into a nearly idententical copy of the original and begins to groupthink.

“The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’” -George Carlin

TMK on August 13, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I think a montage of all these DNC-loyalists spewing their gaffes should be submitted in the form of an anti-Obamacare commercial for private interests. Thus far, they’ve admitted they’re all on board for the single payer system, they’re looking to squelch dissenting opinions by ‘reporting’ them, they’re out to make abortions quick and easy across the world on the American taxpayers’ dime, etc. Quotes like that, plus reading some of the draconian stupidity from the bill, itself, should go over just fine (such as on page 14, I believe, where you get fined if you don’t immediately run for Obamacare). Hell, I think an anti-Obama infomercial should be run, graphically depicting things like the folly of what they’re saying they want to do through their forked tongues, as well as showing evidence that the spending for that idiotic system would be outrageous, and drive America into an economic depression (as well as show the graphics from the think tank that says the CBO figures are a drastic understatement, thanks to outdated economic figures). I’ll bet that’ll get some ratings.

Virus-X on August 13, 2009 at 11:54 AM

The VA serves Americans who were wounded fighting our country’s wars. It is part of their compensation.

Vashta.Nerada on August 13, 2009 at 10:01 AM

As far as the VA is concerned, it only covers ‘service connected’ injuries. They will see you for anything else since you are in the system, and you don’t have another doctor, but you will have to pay. How do they define those injuries? By an arbitrary panel somewhere that gets changed out constantly. Do they miss injuries? With me they did, and it was right there in black and white in my record…broken foot. Does it sound familiar to something else being proposed?

What about screening for something that will show up in the future, PTSD? Did they use a psychologist with training? No. They used a GP who came in in his street clothes, asked me about three questions relating to PTSD, and then talked about things unrelated to any diagnosis, IMHO. I’m not saying I have it, just that if you don’t get it ‘rated’ at least a 0, it isn’t service connected, and you recieve no treatment now, or in the future for it. You will have to get ‘re-rated’, and that takes time. When I got out, it took 6 months to get rated. Now, it is suppose to take 3-6 months because of backlash from servicemembers getting out complaining about the long wait to get their decisions. [The 0 indicates that the military is responsible for that injury, whatever that may be. They cover 100 percent of costs relating to those injuries, not any others.]

The VA is good, don’t get me wrong. But they are understaffed at the moment, and when the returning soldiers get out of the military and the wars get brought under control or the number of troops are greatly reduced, you are going to see a huge influx of ‘clients’ into the VA system which is going to completely overload it. On my last visit to the VA in DC, I had this very discussion with one of the civilian technicians there who was close to retirement who said that is exactly what is going to happen. There just isn’t anything that they can do about it. Wait times at the VA can be, for some, 3-6 hours. The wait to be seen can be over 30 days for some. And even when they knew about certain failings, they took no corrective action.

Patriot Vet on August 13, 2009 at 11:58 AM

And another thing. She promised that “by tomorrow” she’d have language up on her website pointing out how the bill doesn’t provide healthcare for illegal aliens. That would have been two days ago, still not there. However, she does state on her site that “I remained committed to passing a health care reform bill”

Yep. Listening to the people. Riiiiggghhhttt…..

EasyEight on August 13, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Planned Parenthood must be drooling at the chance to get government funded abortion.

I wonder if they’ll start offering instant rebates like the car dealerships do.

$200 instant cash back for every abortion! Hurry … offer ends at the end of the month!

darwin on August 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I wonder if they’ll start offering instant rebates like the car dealerships do.

darwin on August 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM

They already offer gift certificates.

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 12:06 PM

They already offer gift certificates.

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 12:06 PM

They do???? Well I guess cash rebates won’t be that far behind.

darwin on August 13, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Well here is a practical solution to the abortion coverage problem. We’ll just let this “Dr.” perform taxpayer abortions:

King of Katy on August 13, 2009 at 12:15 PM

So who cares to take the over/under on when they start with the forced abortions? For example, you find out your pregnant with a child with disabilities – well in Obamanation that would cost too much, so let’s just force you to abort it and save every one the time and money.

God help us all.

cdbeez on August 13, 2009 at 12:20 PM

It’s going to repeal the Hyde Amendment and start supplying federal funds for abortions. She thinks that’s just great. What do you think?

It doesn’t have to repeal the Hyde Amendment. They’ll likely just pretend that dollars aren’t fungible and pay for abortions out of the insurance premiums that people pay into the system.

Mark Jaquith on August 13, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Hmmm…

Do you offer a pamphlet on this?

12thMonkey on August 13, 2009 at 12:24 PM

If Obamacare will pay for abortions (using taxpayer money to pay for something many taxpayers find abhorrent) will it also pay to “cure” homosexuals of their homosexuality?

Just like government controlled schools, government controlled healthcare will promote the priorities and values of the government. Those who fall in line with what the state believes will find their needs met, those who don’t will have a more difficult time. As such, statist can use government healthcare to push their particular agendas and the agendas of the special-interest groups to which they are beholden.

In a related vein, government welfare programs have destroyed the nuclear family in many communities and replaced it with dependence on the government. What similar effect will Obamacare have on its dependents?

29Victor on August 13, 2009 at 12:32 PM

While most procedures will be rationed or delayed, abortions will be certain and fast-tracked.

exdeadhead on August 13, 2009 at 12:32 PM

welcome_ghosts on August 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM

You forgot the sarc tag…
Nobody is that stupid to post such an ignorant post…that was great, it really makes fun of the liberals.
You know the irony is that some actually do think like the sarcastic statements you made.
Great funny post…you sure pegged the stupidity of the left, welcome to HotAir, you know how to “give it” to the lefty’s.
Next time just put the sarc tag…I know most will understand no one is that stupid, but some leftists aren’t too bright.

right2bright on August 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Let’s not forget that one of Obumma’s very first acts as POTUS (specifically, on January 23rd) was to reverse Bush’s restrictions on American funding of international groups that provide abortion services and counseling. The funding estimates were in the neighborhood of $900,000,000…paid for with American tax dollars. Here we have a person who spends our money to promote the killing of life in the womb and proposes saving money by denying care to the infirm and aged. Really, is it any wonder that people are comparing Barry to Hitler and other despots that have invoked untold misery and suffering on their countrymen?

Goldy1 on August 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Well, sounds perfect for the “Death Panels”.

An abortion is cheaper than a lifetime of medical care for a living human. Of course they’ll be funded.

The kinda thing that gets a Seger song stuck in your head.

“Feel like a number…”

Machete_Bug on August 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM

bridgetown on August 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Can I sign up for a free personal tutorial on this?

Daggett on August 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM

You mean without involving a random sperm donor baby daddy who sprints away the moment he plants his seed?

I don’t believe it. I just don’t.

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Great job! another stash of cache to our collection. Keeping up the pressure has resulted in the real truth about O-care coming to light.

hawkman on August 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM

So the Democrats of this district, are all about the right to choose, so long as it doesn’t come out of their pockets? Talk about a conscience in contradiction. LOL

As for paying for it. Shame on liberals for that. I do NOT want the blood of this on my hands, nor should it be foisted apon those who are morally against abortions.

I want to sue. My rights to life, (via this health care crap,) liberty….(being forced on me,) and happiness…(having to suckle from the teat of Government is not something that makes me happy,) are being violated!!!

capejasmine on August 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM

bridgetown on August 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM
Can I sign up for a free personal tutorial on this?

Daggett on August 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM

ROFLMAO!!!

capejasmine on August 13, 2009 at 1:58 PM

And maybe this is just a philosophical difference, I think women should be able to enjoy sexual gratification without being prepared to parent.

CrankyIndependent on August 13, 2009 at 10:01 AM

That is so immature, irresponsible and just plain stupid. With that, I’ll assume you are male.

bridgetown on August 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Most men can’t even do the other ways right!

Nevermind that most women can’t get gratification through intercourse. So Cranky is just kooky.

Holger on August 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM

It’s clear to me what’s going on here. Doctors that care for a pregnant mother over a period of several months get paid a pittance, so they figured out if the rip the baby out and let kill it they can get an immediate payment of 30, 40 or 50 thousand dollars /sarc

darwin-t on August 13, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Can I sign up for a free personal tutorial on this?

Daggett on August 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Me too! Me too!

AsianGirlInTights on August 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM

No matter which side of the issue one is on, it should be an affront to everyone to think that this could be a legal use of our tax dollars. Abortion may be legal but that doesn’t make it right and I object to even one penny of mine being used for it.

Bill R. on August 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Nice shell game they try to play, stating that some plans will cover elective abortions through premiums collected, not with federal dollars. Here I thought the public option would be subsidized by tax dollars. Huh. Tell me, how do you tell the difference between an abortion dollar and a non-abortion dollar?
A question I have yet heard posed is this: Will the tax dollars collected from employers and self-insuring citizens as well as “premiums” for the public option be put into the general IRS kitty, or would the public option monies be kept separate, only to be used for funding the public plan? And if the latter is true, will that public plan fund be raided and IOU’d to death like Social Security is each and every year?
I believe one of their true intentions is to create another bottomless cookie jar for them to tax and raid from.
And something else keeps coming to mind. I always hear the left arguing that we have a “right” to healthcare somewhere in the Constitution (where, exactly?) , and that if someone cannot afford it, the govt has a responsibility to provide it. Well, I have the EXPRESS right to bear arms (spelled out and everything). Does that mean that if I cannot afford a gun, the govt must buy me one?
I THINK NOT.

MississippiMom on August 13, 2009 at 2:40 PM

garydt on August 13, 2009 at 11:44 AM

+1000 garydt

And the Lord won’t be the least bit impressed when the libs and Obama tell Him, “But…uh..ahh…uh uh…umm…ah uh…the Supreme Court said abortion is legal.” (Hint to the “Supreme Court”: You’re not!!)

My definition of abortion: The premeditated, willful and deliberate murder of children by their mothers and their co-conspirators at Planned Parenthood. The fact that the children are “unborn” does not change who they are; they are children from the moment of conception.

“Your eyes saw me when I was only a fetus. Every day [of my life] was recorded in your book before one of them had taken place.” (Psalm 139:16, God’s World Translation, 1995)

And for the liberals out there who believe in abortion, “Your eyes” refers to God’s eyes, and He knows every unborn child you’ve helped to murder, whether by word or deed. He knows who you are, He knows what you’re doing, and His judgment of you will be final and absolute in accord with His rules, not yours. He will be your final Supreme Court, and no appeals will be allowed.

GrannyDee on August 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Patriot Vet on August 13, 2009 at 11:58 AM

The VA is now the best I have seen it,and I have been in the system since 68.But it is still govt. run and many are the times when the left hand knows not what the right is doing. After a heart attack I was transported from my hometown hospital 90 miles to our VA hospital where I waited 5 days on nitro drip for clearence to be transferred down the street to a civilian hospital for stints.I have had a 100% va disability for years, but every move and treatment was questioned and at times rejected,not by physicians but by beaurocrats and red tape.And this is after 42 years of “improvment”.

flyoverboy on August 13, 2009 at 2:54 PM

flyoverboy on August 13, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Sorry–improvement

flyoverboy on August 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Personally, I think it is a violation of the church protection clause of the constitution. This is one of the most misinterpeted sections of the constitution and probably one of the most quoted (after freedom of the press).

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

This is a protection of the church from the state, not the state from the church or us from the church. All this clause means is the government can’t tell you who, what, how or where to worship.

By forcing Christians to participate in this plan (by taxing us) they are inteferring how we worship by making us party to something we see as a moral crime, abortion.

TKSnider on August 13, 2009 at 3:07 PM

cdbeez on August 13, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Were forced abortions also advocated by the “science czar”, in addition to forced, stealth sterilizations by poisoning the drinking water? I think maybe they were. If they can put sterilizing chemicals in I’m sure they can put abortifacient chemicals in. Won’t even require them to think about which babies they’re killing, since it would kill them all.

justincase on August 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I am constantly amazed at how inhuman humanists are.

CrankyIndependent

Something for you to gnaw on – why does no one ever call you and say, “Hey, guess what???? We’re having a clump of cells!!”?

Such calls are traditionally placed in the first trimester.

You, sir or madam, are a parboiled idjet.

Oh Mercy on August 13, 2009 at 3:30 PM

TKSnider at 3:07PM

I’ve always thought it’s the same mentality as Saddam and Achmadinejad, who charge(d) families for the bullet with which their innocent relative was wrongly executed.

It’s a form of rape, only instead of forcing a person into sex it’s forcing them to cooperate in murder.

Heinous. And – as you rightly note – unconstitutional.

justincase on August 13, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Oh Mercy on August 13, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I’ve always thought of submitting to a newspaper an announcement that the “product of conception was expelled” and now goes by the name of…. (fill in the blank).

justincase on August 13, 2009 at 3:34 PM

When a public health insurance pays for abortions, that is a sure source of income. Abortions will increase.

Same with the end of life counseling. When a health insurance pays for such counseling on admittance to hopsital, nursing home and every few years thereafter, and allows the doctor to initiate the counseling, it will become a basic part of money making for doctors, and probably mandated by the accounting department of every hospital and nursing home.

Doctor intiatied counseling is by nature not taken as neutral advice by patients, since the doctor is their counselor on medical matters.

If a doctor tried to counsel a patient to avoid end of life arrangements, he would probably be taken out for health insurance fraud if he tried to collect a payment for counseling against the deal

Therefore end of life ‘counseling’ sessions are rigged to push a patient one direction

entagor on August 13, 2009 at 3:36 PM

justincase on August 13, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Hmmmm. Maybe Planned Genocide™ could give out unbirth announcements with the gift certificates.

Oh Mercy on August 13, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Just how liberal is CA-16? They voted for Obama, 69%-28% in November, and if that doesn’t convince you of their leftist bona fides, they went for John Kerry in 2004, 63%-35%.

Hell…my district (28) is even worse:

Obama: 76.1 – 22.0%
Angelides: 54.7 – 40.2% (vs. Schwarzenegger 2006 reelection)
Kerry: 71.0 – 27.9%
Bustamante: 44.7 – 39.1% (vs. Schwarzenegger 2003 recall)

Though with one surprisingly-close vote here:

Gore: 49.0 – 46.9%

The Ugly American on August 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I wonder if they’ll start offering instant rebates like the car dealerships do.

darwin on August 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I wonder if they’ll start offering instant rebates like the car dealerships do.

darwin on August 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM

They already offer gift certificates.

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 12:06 PM

They do???? Well I guess cash rebates won’t be that far behind.

darwin on August 13, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Abortion + End of Life Services coming to your local Family Counseling Center (formerly known as Planned Parenthood).

No lines. No waiting. Two-for-one cash discounts available.

Friendly ACORN/SEIU greeters at all locations.

Ah…yes…I can see it all now.

GrannyDee on August 13, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Nevermind that most women can’t get gratification through intercourse with liberal foofs.

Holger on August 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Fixed it.

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM

If God could today, wipe California off the face of the earth the United State would be in so much better shape.

Jeff from WI on August 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Jeff from WI on August 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM

God works on His schedule. California is bankrupt…mis-management or God’s work?

On the subject of Federal money for elective abortions; No problem with that. I would suggest an amendment to that section that requires the removal of both ovaries during the abortion procedure. If the woman intends to continue life as f**k monster, go right ahead.

BobMbx on August 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM

How exactly would an abortion be documented, anyway.

What’s to stop PP from claiming they are doing abortions, paying women $100 and then getting $300 or whatever from the guvmint?

Because it’s hard to fake a baby, but it’s easy to fake an abortion.

And since Planned Parenthood has zero ethics, the fraud will mount.

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Jeff from WI on August 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Agree with the sentiment, not with the date. There are some of us NATIVE TEXANS/BIBLE-BELTERS, STRONG CONSERVATIVES stuck out here in CA temporarily…trying to get out, but the housing mkt. and liberal policies are trapping us in. After my family and friends escape – EH……*splash* into the Pacific it goes.

pilartx on August 13, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Jeff from WI on August 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Agree with the action, not with the timing. There are some of us NATIVE TEXANS/NATIVE BIBLEBELTERS conservatives literally stuck out here in CA trying desperately to get back HOME. The housing market crashes and economy woes out here have us penned in, dangit. As soon as my family and friends out here escape – then *SPLASH* into the Pacific it can go.

pilartx on August 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I hope I’m not repeating someone.

Abortion will be covered becuase it is not specifically excluded. I do not know that any specific treatment is prohibited.

People, remember this law will be implemented through Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations. The details will be in that new set of regulations. If you think forcing congress to change something is difficult, changing the CFRs is nearly impossible.

Pelayo on August 13, 2009 at 6:10 PM

29Victor on August 13, 2009 at 12:32 PM

You have articulated my greatest fear of all.

silenced majority on August 13, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Sorry for the redundant post….new to the site.

pilartx on August 13, 2009 at 6:29 PM

If abortions are considered elective procedures, and the Gov. will pay for them, could I get a tummy tuck? Please?

gina4 on August 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM

So, those that have no respect for the beginning of life are asking us to trust they will respect the end of life.

MichiganMatt on August 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Yes Granny, I was thinking of the same scriptures that you posted and when these folks are confronted on that Great Day they will not be able to say one word to Him and they will confess with their mouth that He is the Lord but then it will be too late.

garydt on August 13, 2009 at 7:57 PM

No one paid for my ‘choice’ to have my children. But they think that I should have to pay for them to choose not to carry the child. Women have a ‘choice’. The ‘choice’ is not to ‘engage in an act’ that may produce a little blessing. We are suppose to be the ‘evolved’ forms, aren’t we. Or is that the difference between the ‘right’ and ‘left’……….

4reds on August 13, 2009 at 7:59 PM

This ABSOLUTELY must be stopped.

Khun Joe on August 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM

This ABSOLUTELY must be stopped.

Khun Joe on August 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Not going to happen! LOL

Everyone is so busy worrying about end-of-life care that the abortion provision is getting an easy pass.

Talk about distraction! You all fell for it… Absolutely brilliant.

welcome_ghosts on August 13, 2009 at 8:13 PM

F**k her to Hell. I’m from the South Bay, different district, but same old bs.

They open there legs wide and go on a bender, and then we have to pay for their elective abortion.

Unbelievable these CA maggots.

Sapwolf on August 13, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Jeff from WI on August 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I agree. It’s sad but so true.

Let me get my Mom and Dad and other relatives out first and flame on.

It is just madness out there the amount of selfishness that knows NO bounds.

Sapwolf on August 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM

…could I get a tummy tuck? Please?

gina4 on August 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Here you go, fatass:

Step 1: Log off the computer.
Step 2: Peel yourself off the computer chair. Keep trying! There you go.
Step 3: Go outside into the sunshine and go for a walk.

Repeat everyday. Free gut-tuck for you, Gina. Welcome! =]

welcome_ghosts on August 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM

MichiganMatt on August 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

DING DING DING
We have a winner!

darwin-t on August 13, 2009 at 9:46 PM

How about dropping crates of condoms in the ghettos and not fund abortions?

johnnyU on August 13, 2009 at 9:57 PM

or for every guy who can prove he used a condom to prevent a pregnancy, he gets a free basketball. Spalding and Wilson would hire like mad.

johnnyU on August 13, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I am shocked ghosts, as you claim to be a leftist, I am shocked that you favor the abortions. I am still in shock.

garydt on August 13, 2009 at 10:42 PM

garydt on August 13, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Yes, it will be too late for them. How sad that they cling so tightly to their lies and beliefs about murdering untold millions of unborn children in the US and around the world, yet they give no thought to their own eternal souls and what awaits them from the hand of God.

GrannyDee on August 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Who is the we’re here? Not me. I am not happy to pay for abortions for anyone in any circumstance. I do not want the blood of these innocent, unborn babies on my hands.

These pro choice people have got to understand they will be held accountable for these actions. They will stand before the Lord and I can guarantee you at that point, they will know how wrong they were. I don’t know how God will judge us but I do know he is pro life – all life – we don’t have the right to take it from anyone.

Grace2753 on August 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Why not? They’re paid for in Canada. And not only that, but they’re paid for in free-standing, private, for-profit clinics that overcharge the province double the permitted rate for abortions performed in a public hospital. (BTW, for comparison, you can’t open a private, for-profit dialysis clinic that only charges the province the specified charge for it performed in a government clinic.)

andycanuck on August 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM

there is a baby
growing safely in your womb
pull it like a tooth