Video: Hey, we’re happy to pay for abortions through ObamaCare!

posted at 8:48 am on August 13, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Here’s a town-hall moment to capture in amber. A constituent asks Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) to explain why ObamaCare will cover abortions when at least 90% of them are not medically necessary — in other words, the kind of elective surgery that insurance plans usually don’t cover. CA-16 is a heavily Democratic district, so Lofgren must have thought that she could tell the truth in an entre-nous sort of way.  When she explains that a national health-care system should cover abortion, she gets a surprisingly hostile reception (via Issues and Justice):

Just how liberal is CA-16?  They voted for Obama, 69%-28% in November, and if that doesn’t convince you of their leftist bona fides, they went for John Kerry in 2004, 63%-35%.  These aren’t exactly fiscal conservatives in the San Jose area, but they apparently don’t much like the notion of paying for someone else’s abortions.

Thankfully, though, Lofgren felt secure enough to admit the truth about the reform plan getting pushed through the House.  It’s going to repeal the Hyde Amendment and start supplying federal funds for abortions.  She thinks that’s just great.  What do you think?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

ObamaCare-we’ll pay to put your fetus in a closet if need be but we can’t quite be bothered to fix your grandma’s hip….

“Change you can hobble on”

sven10077 on August 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Taxpayer-funded abortions and health care for illegals will be the downfall of the Dems if they ram this bill through. Those are things that offend the vast majority of the electorate, regardless of party affiliation or ideology.

Doughboy on August 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM

She thinks that’s just great. What do you think?

I think it stinks on ice.

surrounded on August 13, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Abort the bill.

ICBM on August 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM

I think his video needs to go viral.

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM

The rare moments when Democrats actually tell the truth (and they are so very rare), we actually see what evil, stupid people they are.

This is just like every other allegation against this plan. That it will lead to single payer, that it will lead to death panels.

Democrats will say that it doesn’t include any of these and after it passes, they’ll say they told us it includes these things all along.

They can interpret the rules they make any way they want and they have idiot judges with no integrity in their pocket, like Sotomeyor.

Never trust a Democrat politician.

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM

It is not an abortion. It is a fetus amputation.

bloggless on August 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Abortion, euthanasia for the elderly and ill, why is the Left so pro-death, and why do they want everyone else to pay for death?

rbj on August 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Empathically no! This bill is not about Healthcare Reform. It is about suppression of freedom and advancement of a political ideology. I’m glad this idiot was a useful idiot and added another log to the fire.

kingsjester on August 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM

they’re all republican plants.

Phoenician on August 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I think his video needs to go viral.

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Let’s do it. I sent it out last night to a few of my closest friends and families. I bet that Gov. Flag is looking for me right now.

bloggless on August 13, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Of course, progressives must have the ability to control the population of the undesirables.

darwin on August 13, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Only if we can abort Congress and the Presidency, will this legislation work in a beneficial manner!

Cybergeezer on August 13, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Every member of Congress who votes for this bill needs to be aborted from office.

Smacktard on August 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Doughboy on August 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM

+100. The icing on the cake is the dems cavalier attitude towards it.

sherry on August 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Doe Zoe have her own Linda Douglass to send out to basically claim Lofgren was lying to herself when she made the abortion statement at the meeting, the way Barack Obama lied to himself when he made those statements supporting single-payer in 2003 and 2007?

jon1979 on August 13, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Obama is going to find shrinking tax rolls if this goes through. I know that I do not want my tax dollars funding the destruction of human life.

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Cybergeezer on August 13, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I thought this Congress and this president were abortions, did I miss something?

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM

should we report her for spreading fishy information?

bloggless on August 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM

This is basically just getting ahead of the game on the death panels. Instead of letting people get old and killing em off, we can just kill em off before their born. Then we don’t need to pay for their medical care at any time in their lives.

Weren’t you all concerned about the deficit? This is a cost saving move.

You’re welcome!

e-pirate on August 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Something else brought up (I think by a guest on Beck’s show); the courts have generally ruled that when abortion isn’t specifically mentioned there is an inherent right to it.

So if the ObamaCare bill mentions not a single word about abortion it means that federal funds can be used to pay for them under the services provided for in the bill. Which explains how Democrats can claim that the bill doesn’t provide funding for abortions while simultaneously voting down every amendment explicitly banning the use of federal funds for it.

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM

You save the whales, you save the seals
You save whatever’s cute and squeals
But you kill “that thing” that’s in the womb
Would not want no baby boom…

Taxpayer-funded abortions

Included for no extra charge: Abortions for minors with no parental consent

Beaglemom on August 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Stop the fear, people. There’s no reason to fear the reaper.

Ampleforth on August 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Is there a place near the beach in Mexico where I can go live with my family and not end up headless? It is starting to look like a good option.

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Weren’t you all concerned about the deficit? This is a cost saving move.

You’re welcome!

e-pirate on August 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Actually you need the young people to work and pay taxes to support the old people.

But I appreciate your attempt at snark. It’s early, so I’ll give you the benefit of not being at the top of your game today.

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Hah somehow she sees abortion as health “care”. Dead baby has no comment on this level of care.

Alden Pyle on August 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

[bloggless on August 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM]

Obama has no problem with tonsil, foot, leg, arm, head amputations in that process.

Dusty on August 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I’m saving money to go Galt. I have no interest in funding this beast.

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM

there is a baby
growing safely in your womb
pull it like a tooth

bloggless on August 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I’m saving money to go Galt. I have no interest in funding this beast.

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Badger, I haven’t read the book. What exactly does going Galt entail? I might join you.

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I’m thinking #1-that we were assured over and over it wouldn’t be covered by the HC bill, yet we knew it would be somehow written in there, which sucks, and #2-how did they find someone who can screw up using a video camera worse than my sister,Dottie?

di butler on August 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

She thinks that’s just great. What do you think?

Doesn’t matter what I think. I don’t know what’s good for me.

BacaDog on August 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Actually,the Liberals will be able to
set up a assembling line,and that way,
they could increase that rate,of stuff’n
out more life,that policy is probably bur
ied in Obama HealthCare,page 991,on the
backside,needing an elctron-microscope to
read it!!(Snark).

canopfor on August 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

You know….

our moral betters have rules about how close to the water the gringo Americanos can live….

Juan gets to practice sovereignty in ways he doesn’t want us to….now if enough of us illegally immigrate down there and say dedide to petition the New Texas Republic to annex us…..

*wink

sven10077 on August 13, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Someday Zoe (ironically, a Greek word meaning “life”) is going to stand before God and he’s going to play this clip for her. I pray she receives Christ and repents before she gets there, so the tape can be erased at the judgment seat.

Christian Conservative on August 13, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Well, abortions and euthanasia really are the best ways to cut carbon emissions.

jhffmn on August 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM

And these are people elected to represent us? Seems the mobs at townhalls are waaaay smarter than the Congresspersons.

Dems have no clue.

becki51758 on August 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM

But contraception is terribly expensive and complicated!

/sarc

jazz_piano on August 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM

*wink

sven10077 on August 13, 2009 at 9:04 AM

I can be packed up by this afternoon, swing on by and pick me up.

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM

I love how all these politicans say “I feel that it should be”. Instead of listening to us they push their own personal views. Its sickening how they act so lets hope we can get some people who will work for us in there in 2010

larry harris on August 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

A very sad state of affairs

AsianGirlInTights on August 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Doughboy on August 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Nancy Pelosi has already said that the bill will cover illegal aliens — despite Obama telling people at townhall meetings that it will not (except for the children, of course). The Democrats can’t keep their lies straight.

Considering how politically toxic it would be to write the bill in a way that explicitly provides taxpayer-funded coverage to illegals, they’ll probably try to sneak it by voters. They’ll write the HC law so that it ostensibly limits coverage to U.S. citizens, then they’ll adopt regulations that say applicants can “prove” their U.S. citizenship by checking a box on the application (and we all know illegals would never lie –wink, wink– just like they never lie about being U.S. citizens on voter registration applications — wink, wink).

AZCoyote on August 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Just one more example in a torrent of teachable moments going unlearned and unheeded by members of Congress, that the Democrats are totally out of touch with the majority of Americans.

The “we know what’s best for you, whether you do or not, so just let us do as we want” attitude being crammed down our throats just isn’t cutting it and they have yet to figure out why (or care).

I guess they’ll get it when they no longer have to “bother” with silly things like constituents as they are voted out of office one by one.

SassyDarlin on August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

These libs really have a messed up moral compass. They’ll go out of their way to protect a terrorist from being water boarded to save American lives. But even if an infant survives an abortion attempt you can not give it medical care to save it. It’s too bad that the parents of these libs didn’t think like they do, they’re might be a lot less of them.

Wills on August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

The caption on the picture says “Congresswomen Zoe Lofgren” in plural. I truly hope there’s only one of her.

On topic, Lofgren’s moment of candor rather predictably shows very clearly that “ObamaCare” is all about leftwing ideology and nothing about actual health care.

jwolf on August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

You know I heard a doctor on NPR say yesterday that insurance companies cover abortion…that sounded untrue. Should I report NPR to the White House?

terryannonline on August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Dejavu,

its

1937!!(Snark).

canopfor on August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Disconnecting from the system as much as possible. Basically, all the productive, wealth generating people of society got fed up with being forced to support an entire nation on their relatively small number of backs. So they took their productive talents and detached themselves from society.

It’s why productive people from countries like Britain and France come here; to escape a repressive government and rates of tax so high that you’ve effectively become a servant of the state. The problem is, under President Obama, America may no longer be an easy place to seek refuge and personal freedom.

Hence all the talk the past several months about people going Galt.

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Seems the mobs at townhalls are waaaay smarter than the Congresspersons.

Dems have no clue.

becki51758 on August 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM

This could be the first time that congress has had a light shine brightly on their stupidity. I can’t remember them ever being exposed like this before.

sherry on August 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

badgerhawk: you are right that the bill doesn’t mention abortions & because they are not mentioned, they will be allowed by the judiciary (because that is the law of the land).

unless the bill excludes abortions, then they will be allowed.

i still don’t understand why the pro-life movement hasn’t started educating their core group with this info.

kelley in virginia on August 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Euthanasia and eugenics are going to be a large part of any Democrat Party health bill.

Rode Werk on August 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM

She thinks that’s just great. What do you think?

it’s crapola
———-

2010 can’t come soon enough

cmsinaz on August 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Absolutely and then if they get this and federal funds do go towards abortion, the media will chortle and laugh about how cute and clever the Democrats are in their lies.

Neither the Democrats nor the media get it – fewer and fewer people are believing a damn thing that they say.

Democrats lie to get what they want and once they get it, they laugh at us and say “there’s not a damn thing you can do about it now.”

Abort this health reform “plan” now. Don’t let it see the light of day.

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM

You should if participating in such insurance companies becomes mandatory for all American Citizens.

jhffmn on August 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

So how would a person for whom a job is necessary do that?

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

kelley in virginia on August 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Yeah. The right is nowhere near as advanced as the left when it comes to shaping and pushing a message (or even basic information).

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Not all Democrats think killing the unborn is a good idea.

tarpon on August 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Does that mean ObaCare will cover a face lift or fix my kids crooked teeth? What about that boob job for my wife? This thing might not be so bad after all.

Big John on August 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I have 3 kids. My question:

If a fetus is not human, or not alive, then why restrict abortion at all? Why would Clinton say he wanted it to be rare?

But if that creature that gets hiccups, kicks, sticks out its tongue, has memory, etc. is a human being, I cannot for the life of my fathom how anyone can justify its extermination.

jazz_piano on August 13, 2009 at 9:13 AM

they’re all republican plants.

Phoenician on August 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM

And they grow into mighty oaks while the trolls grow into limpweeds

toongoon on August 13, 2009 at 9:13 AM

terryannonline on August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Some insurance plans cover elective abortion, others do not. I don’t know what the proportions are. But I believe that the point of the constituent’s question is that ObamaCare will supposedly decrease costs by, among other things, not covering or heavily discouraging medically unnecessary procedures — hence the question about elective abortions, almost all of which are medically unnecessary.

jwolf on August 13, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Never trust a Democrat politician.

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM

We better keep a close eye on all politicians.

BTW, the young man in video was articulate, calm and spot-on. Excellent.

Pazman on August 13, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Dejavu,

its

1937!!(Snark).

canopfor on August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I’d say 1939

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is Tiergarten 4 and Ogabe Care may want to pick something less sinister than Death Panels….

maybe…

“General Foundation for Welfare and Institutional Care ”

and screw Godwin one man’s coupon clipping Eugenicist is another man’s “One”

sven10077 on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Isn’t this just another version of hacking off body parts? Why in great tarnation are Obama’s minions in favor of that?

unclesmrgol on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Another question:

If determining when life begins is above Obama’s pay grade, shouldn’t he err on the safe side and *not* be the abortion lobby’s best friend?

But this is a man who argued against anti-infanticide legislation, so perhaps I expect too much.

Woe to those who call good evil, and evil good.

jazz_piano on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Oh ok. Well the doctor NPR didn’t put that way. He made it seem like most insurance plans do cover abortions.

terryannonline on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

I think Zoe should play goalie at the San Jose ice rink when my son’s midget major Tier II hockey team is having slapshot practice.

jbh45 on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Not all Democrats think killing the unborn is a good idea.

tarpon on August 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

tarpon:Playing the devils advocate,I assume only the Liberal
‘Moderates”!:)

canopfor on August 13, 2009 at 9:16 AM

She thinks that’s just great. What do you think?

I think it stinks on ice.

surrounded on August 13, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I think it’s holy crap on a cracker.

ladyingray on August 13, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Democratic members of Congress who support Obamacare and lie about the reality of both the abortion provisions and the death panel provisions are absolutely despicable. And the laughable thing is that they’re trying to dump a fiscal fiasco on us that will bring about no reform.

I really hope the liars come to horrible ends.

BuckeyeSam on August 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM

So how would a person for whom a job is necessary do that?

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Pay close attention to your taxes. Deduct everything possible, allow the government to withold as little as possible.

Pay cash for things so people at the other end of the transaction don’t have to report the income. Reuse as many things as possible, buy things second hand.

For most people it’s not realistic to completely detach (buy land and some solar panels, grow your own food, etc), so you just have to minimize your contributions to the federal government as much as possible.

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM

[BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM]

Not all young people grow up to be taxpayers, and no doubt, the Bureau of Panels will have advisers to develop a method for profiling who is and isn’t likely to be one, based on the accumulated data from observations by the free Family Planning and Child Care Advisers during their home visits.

Dusty on August 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Rode Werk on August 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM

substitutiong ideological differences for the old racial ones….why do you think democrat pshychologists keep trying to say Conservatism is a mental disorder?

sven10077 on August 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I’d say 1939

sven10077 on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

sven10077: D#mmit I was off by 2 years,crap I pulled
an Obama!!hehe:)

canopfor on August 13, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Wondering about abortions?? From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
Abortion

2270 Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person – among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life.71

There’s also an interesting passage about euthanasia….

chai on August 13, 2009 at 9:18 AM

The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between. /Mother Teresa

How can we, as a nation, continue to murder our own citizens, with no remorse, and expect happiness and peace? We cannot. The time has come to end the slaughter – God has no use for America when we harm HIS smallest ones. Abortion, in actual meaning, is a natural miscarriage of an non-viable fetus. Let’s call it by its real name: GENOCIDE

Ris4victory on August 13, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Ed,

I know it’s tough for transplanted SoCal boys to remember the state’s geography, but San Jose is just an extention of the Bay Area, as in “Pelosi’s world”. Lofgren is just a puppet in this liberal bastion.

Rovin on August 13, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I think it’s holy crap on a cracker.

ladyingray on August 13, 2009 at 9:16 AM

ladyingray: Sounds like an Obama Cupcake!!hehe:)

canopfor on August 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Costs will be offset by aborting those expensive 85 year olds…

mjbrooks3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Just wondering. Is the government going to pay for medical attention for those babies that survive abortion. Or are they going to follow Obama’s lead and let the doc have another crack at killing it?

donabernathy on August 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM

She thinks that’s just great. What do you think?

I think Lofgren is a pinko-commie, along with the rest of the Democratic caucus. I will automatically assume that any Democrat voting against Obamacare is doing so purely out of political self-interest.

gryphon202 on August 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM

A NC Representative said abortions are NOT covered by taxpayers.

/liar

SouthernGent on August 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM

jazz_piano on August 13, 2009 at 9:13 AM

There is a level of denial present in some people that is amazing. I cannot explain it for the life of me. Anyone, who has held a newborn….there is just no way to justify it. It is murder, it is a sin.

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Considering that the vast majority of counties in the U.S. do not have abortion services, I don’t think progressive voices are really “winning” on this issue. For goodness sake, let women make these choices if they aren’t ready to be a parent. And, quiet as it’s kept, it takes a hell of a lot less maturity to have sex than it does to be prepared to parent. No amount of complaining from social conservatives that sex should hold off until people are married and financially ready is going to stop the natural truth of hormones.

Can we at least agree that if we don’t support public abortions at the least we can support shoving condoms in folks hands and teaching them how to use them, like, unwanted pregnancies have a serious cost on the rest of us. How many medicaid recipients are spending tons of tax money on pre-natal care, eventually on food stamps etc. etc. And if a woman wants an abortion, then I just don’t see the point in denying her one. It’s infinitely less costly to the society than an unwanted child.

CrankyIndependent on August 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Should all sin be illegal? At what point do we start shutting down Red Lobsters and gay bars?

CrankyIndependent on August 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM

As a right-winger who doesn’t feel abortion should be totally outlawed, I feel that parental consent should be federally mandated to catch child predators.

Representative Lofgren is providing a VIP line for child predators.

perroviejo on August 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Doughboy on August 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Those two and a public plan which is also a non-starter for public support.

highhopes on August 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I’m glad, once again, that the masks keep slipping during these discussions. Is there anyone with a brain that DOESN’T think the “public plan” will use taxpayer money to pay for abortions?

Whenever someone tells me that “abortion is a right” and that women who can’t afford one should not be denied that right, I ask them if they believe that bearing arms is also a right. Naturally, they say of course it is. Taking the comparison to its logical conclusion, however, makes their head nearly explode – because they don’t believe taxpayer money should be used to buy guns for people who can’t afford them! I just love messing with their heads. ;-)

Logic on August 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Representative Lofgren is providing a VIP line for child predators.

perroviejo on August 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM

If you really care about sexual abuse there are a million more effective ways of combating it than parental consent for underage abortion. Especially considering that actual intercourse and pregnancy is very rare with child sexual abuse, most abusers don’t want to be caught so they can continue to abuse their victim. Moreover, because over 90% of abusers are friends/family, i.e. those trusted with the child, these kinds of measures seem like a bit of a waste of time. Or, as I suspect, a way of diverting from the real issues that go into child sexual abuse.

CrankyIndependent on August 13, 2009 at 9:25 AM

CrankyIndependent on August 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM

By that logic, do you support killing unwanted post-natal children as well? You know, to avoid the burden on society.

DarkCurrent on August 13, 2009 at 9:25 AM

CrankyIndependent on August 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM

No, but the government has a basic responsibility to protect life and property.

Rape is illegal, child molestation is illegal, murder is illegal (unless the victim is small enough to ignore).

jazz_piano on August 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM

It is not an abortion. It is a fetus amputation.

bloggless on August 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM

And we all know how doctors loooove a good amputation!

NickelAndDime on August 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Those two and a public plan which is also a non-starter for public support.

highhopes on August 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM

The public option continues to have pretty solid support actually, even in polls where Obama has received dissaproval for his handling of healthcare.

CrankyIndependent on August 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM

A sleeping giant has awoke… the in your face abortionist are now in charge and even those on the fence don’t like it.

I really hope Obama addresses this question in a townhall meeting because there is a 99% chance he will really screw it up without the TOTUS.

cptthumper on August 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Good point Dark Current! That’s justa disgusting way to look at things.

AsianGirlInTights on August 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM

CrankyIndependent on August 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Are you comparing eating lobster to destroying a human life? Is that your best argument? What do gays have to do with it? A gay man is going to do what he wants to do and he deserves to live his life as he sees fit. That baby that you have no problem killing to save a little cash, deserves that same right.

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM

She thinks it should be covered.

OK, as long as you’re not worried about what your constituents think…

perroviejo on August 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM