Video: Guy who won’t listen to answers grills woman who won’t listen to questions

posted at 7:38 pm on August 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

It’s painfully awkward and it’s blue on blue, which means it’s fun for the whole conservative family. The subject here is Jackson-Lee’s rudeness when she decided to take a cell phone break at that town hall while, er, someone was asking her a question. “Why were you so rude?” isn’t a question that should take three and a half minutes to answer, but then “I was asking for information” isn’t an answer that should warrant another three and a half minutes of questions. Frankly, after watching SJL filibuster this way, I’m thinking maybe she did her constituents a favor when she tuned out to take that call.

Even better than a town hall where the congressman isn’t listening? A town hall where the congressman is represented by an empty chair!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

“I am in a series of townhall meetings”

…Not anymore, you won’t be!

Reaps on August 14, 2009 at 5:27 AM

*still trying to watch entire video*
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessus, so…many…platitudes..

Just stop talking!

Reaps on August 14, 2009 at 5:35 AM

Sanchez and Jackson Lee…..start looking in the Want Ads. I hear McDonald’s is hiring.

yoda on August 14, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Never realized how to use a cell phone before seeing this video. You listen to it normally than you talk into the speaker.

You always learn something useful from Congress!

1Huckley on August 14, 2009 at 7:58 AM

This moron of a woman reaffirms my belief that Representatives and Senators be able to pass some sort of IQ Test. Just because a mob can vote in a retard doesn’t mean the retard should get to lead…

adamsmith on August 14, 2009 at 8:13 AM

I watched this person on Greta last night. What an idiot. How did she get elected? I was cracking up when Greta asked her about Dissing the gal asking the question and Jackson Lee said she wasn’t dishing her. OMG what stupidy!
She kept talking over Greta. I will say this she was as rude in person and she was when she was on the vote. Here is one person that should be voted out. She is absolutely rude and stupid.

Grace2753 on August 14, 2009 at 8:32 AM

i don’t wanna defend Rick because i think he’s an idiot but saying he “won’t listen to answers” is kinda ridiculous, considering the way she answers questions. (see interview with Greta, which in my opinion was far worse)

CarpalTunnel on August 14, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww po PO SJL! No one understands her rude self-centered self. She had a Regis phlashback and she was “phoning a friend” to get an answer!

Why didn’t WE think of that? KOFFCHOKESPUTTERPUKE

Katfish on August 14, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Wasn’t the left all over W. when they thought he was getting answers from Karl Rove during one of the debates with Kerry? And this woman gets to call a hotline during the meeting and it’s OK?

Isn’t her job to know this stuff? Shouldn’t she be educated on the reform process knowing full well what the topic of conversation was going to be?

MMW on August 14, 2009 at 8:56 AM

I’m just wondering if Jackson Lee has any living brain cells left. People of Huston wake up and vote this blatherskite out, she’s an embarrassment.

Wills on August 14, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Off topic, but just thought someone here might enjoy this. I was just over on the Snuffington Post, and answered someone’s question: Where is Joe Biden in all of this? My reply was that he’s in the White House basement chained to a chair with a ball gag in his mouth and hood over his head. It got printed but scrubbed within a minute. These lefties are in lockstep to promote their agenda. The first amendment means nothing to them. Actually the entire Constitution…………I know ZsaZsa Huffington owns the site and can censor all she wants, but the entire left is trying to do it to the citizenry with the name calling and race baiting on the lefty networks. Saul Alinsky lives…..

adamsmith on August 14, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Congresswoman, did you ever find out where the astronauts planted the American flag?

roux on August 14, 2009 at 10:07 AM

“The video may have been doctored” and “it was not disrespectful at all.” Wow.

Conservative in NOVA on August 14, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Chicken meet waffles

Kini on August 14, 2009 at 1:58 PM

“She did not ask for an apology”, “I extended an invitation for her to come back” and go another extra mile to talk to her representative, “I was battling to get her the correct answers”. Who was SJL fighting? The questioners? The hotline? “Let her come to my office and I will embrace her.” What a generous woman. This Congresswoman traveling, working and dressing on the taxpayers’ dime lets the media know that she is the generous party because she spent part of her recess reporting to her bosses what she is going to do to them

rwenger43 on August 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM