Video: Go flag yourself

posted at 6:55 pm on August 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

The more you do it, the better you get at it, the more enjoyable it becomes. Trust a beta male on that. Even so, is this really necessary? What right-wing blog reader worth his salt hasn’t already flagged himself silly? Nearly every e-mail we’ve gotten this afternoon about the fishy Axelrod spam proudly boasts about it. You flagging maniacs, you.

Featuring a special cameo from the current number-one bestselling author on the New York Times’s nonfiction list.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I flagged myself several times and I’m proud of it!

fbcmusicman on August 14, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Flagged myself thusly –

To: flag@whitehouse.gov
Subject: Criminal Government

The policy emphasis of Obama, and his lapdogs in Congress, stand in direction violation of the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

The federal government has no constitutional authorization to legislate health care or health insurance, bailout and control private industry, dictate energy policy, or any other of the suggested and existing legislation that violates the limited & constrained mode of government as defined under the 10th Amendment.

The President, his administration, and his congressional supporters, are all complicit in conspiring to subvert and violate the supreme law of the land – the Constitution.

This illegal behavior must be severely punished.

LimeyGeek on August 14, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I didn’t realize just what a sinister operative for the right wing conspiracy until I reported some of my beliefs.

jpthreefive on August 14, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I just flagged myself

Janimal on August 14, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I flagged with web addresses to the Whitehouse.gov article itself asking for the reports and several web addresses to pro lib stories such as on HuffPo and Kos

Also, when I filled out a question card at the CA-29 town hall meeting (Schiff)… where it asked for my email address, I put… flag@whitehouse.gov

ElRonaldo on August 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I was all too eager to flag myself and did so immediately upon hearing of the White Houses snitch-site. I kina figured that would be the common reaction amongst your average red-blooded americans.

I read elsewhere that the site, as well as congessional and senate members’sites, is experiencing difficulty in handling the volume.

Tee-hee, I must admit I am absolutely reveling in mischeivious joy at this result.

Archimedes on August 14, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Heck, I flagged myself from all 7 of my Cox emails, my 2 Yahoos, 2 Hotmails, 1 Excite, 1 Privacy Harbor, 1 MyWay, and 1 Google accounts. I may do it everyday if I have time. :)

doncow on August 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Maybe they are flag hags.

Disturb the Universe on August 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Noooooo . . . there is only one true “flag hag” . . . the “keeper tracker” herself!

Here she is in a lighter moment!

Not exactly the “favorite aunt” type.

But we could call her “Aunty Obama,” no?

Oh, wait . . .

Trochilus on August 14, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I’m not going to flag myself because if I got an email from anyone in this administration my head would explode. Bugger off big brother!

scalleywag on August 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Trochilus on August 14, 2009 at 3:14 PM

esPECIALLY from the flag hag.

scalleywag on August 14, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Just flagged myself, as follows:
——————–
Dear White House,
If sincerely voiced reasoning in opposition to President Obama’s proposals is “fishy,” why then, I’m guilty of spreading “fishy information” and what I say should definitely be flagged. So here you go:

I believe Obama’s healthcare reform would result in yet another enormous, inefficient, ineffective government bureaucracy, but one with the size and power to crowd out private healthcare, resulting in a single-payer system – even though we’ve been assured again and again that’s not the intent.

I believe the free market will always do a better job of providing goods and services to consumers, and that we should let it do so, not tie it down by trying to organize provision from the top down. Medicare and the VA are among the worst of our healthcare providers. Do we really want more of that?

I believe that prevention for a large population of people is no cheaper than cures for a smaller number. Prevention is a great thing, certainly, but over an entire population it is not cheaper. Preventive measures for a million people can often cost more than cures for a hundred or a thousand.

I believe the proposed system would result in disincentives for research and development. Free market health care – competition among pharmaceutical companies, care providers, and the like – is why America is by far the leader when it comes to advances in medicine.

I believe the proposed system would result in taxpayers being forced to bear costs for abortions, against their principles. Such a system would also make it difficult if not impossible for Catholic hospitals to stay in business, unless they agree to provide abortions.

So please, take note of my name and contact information. You’ll want to keep track of what I say.

Sincerely,

[my name & address]

Rosmerta on August 14, 2009 at 4:35 PM

When will our representatives “Represent” the American citizens, the constitution and the bill of ritghts. I have already sent e-mails detailing my concerns that this country is headed in the wrong direction. To see the executive branch OPENLY ask that the citizens of this country Report(Snitch) on one another and have the Congress sit Silently by and say nothing, is beyond anything I would ever have expected to see in this country. As a retired elderly veteran, I remember only places like the Soviet Union and Germany that resorted to this type of policies. This countries greatest freedoms of Privacy and Speech are the foundations of what has made us great and to think that our Reps are not willing to take a stand against this type of practice is to me reprehensible. And before someone makes this argument, I don’t give a “hoot” what party would perpetrate the policy, it is totally UN-AMERICAN.

hillbilly on August 14, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Here’s the email address

Buford Gooch on August 13, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Thanks!

It sends you right to the form. I filled in the appropriate blanks, with:

Subject — I selected “Our Company” and for the topic, I selected “Advertising/Marketing” which seemed close enough.

I then entered my name and e-mail, but I copied and entered their phone number into the phone number box — it didn’t say that it had to be be MY phone number!

In order number, I put “NONE FROM HERE ON OUT

And, finally, for my message, I simply put this:

Just thought I’d say, I like Glenn Beck. Now, I do NOT like you. It didn’t have to be this way.

Trochilus on August 14, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I forwarded them my spam “penis enlargement” emails.

I mean that’s health care… isn’t it?

AlreadyKnownAs on August 14, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Maybe this will become the new prevention mandate in ObamaCare

“A flag a day keeps the doctor away”

txdoc on August 14, 2009 at 9:32 PM