Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on August 13, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Allahpundit posted this clip from Barack Obama’s town halls, adding feet stealers to the new ObamaCare lexicon of Evil Medical Professionals, a new entry after Tonsil Vultures. There is a point that the well-deserved avalanche of criticism misses, though.  The clip has Obama explaining that government needs to take over the American health-care system to stop doctors from getting rich off of amputations of limbs from diabetic patients:

On the doctors’ front, one of the things we can do is to reimburse doctors who are providing preventive care and not just the surgeon who provides care after somebody is sick. (Applause.) Nothing against surgeons. I want surgeons — I don’t want to be getting a bunch of letters from surgeons now. I’m not dissing surgeons here. (Laughter.)

All I’m saying is let’s take the example of something like diabetes, one of — a disease that’s skyrocketing, partly because of obesity, partly because it’s not treated as effectively as it could be. Right now if we paid a family — if a family care physician works with his or her patient to help them lose weight, modify diet, monitors whether they’re taking their medications in a timely fashion, they might get reimbursed a pittance.

But if that same diabetic ends up getting their foot amputated, that’s $30,000, $40,000, $50,000 — immediately the surgeon is reimbursed. Well, why not make sure that we’re also reimbursing the care that prevents the amputation, right? That will save us money. (Applause.)

But here’s what the Really Smart Guy in the Oval Office apparently doesn’t understand about the medical system.  Diabetics are treated by general practitioners and endocrinologists, neither of whom perform amputations.  The AMA pointed out that Obama was off by a factor of 100 on the costs, but thus far no one has pointed out that the incentive structure he assumes doesn’t exist.  Only after a GP and the endocrinologist, plus probably an orthopedist and a couple of other specialists, decide that the limb cannot be saved does the surgeon remove the limb.  It has nothing to do with the compensation that the GP and the endocrinologist receives, or an imaginary windfall for an amputation that will have nothing to do with either a GP or an endocrinologist.  I know this from long-time personal experience as the spouse of a Type 1 diabetic who lost her eyesight and kidneys to the disease, and who worried about amputations for years before her pancreas transplant.

If Barack Obama doesn’t understand that much about medical care in the US, why should we be listening to his ideas to radically restructure it?  Maybe he should quit shooting off his mouth, withdraw this bill, and learn something about the industry he expects to dismantle and reassemble.

Addendum: Normally I’d put a link to Chris Muir’s Day by Day site here, but today I want to do more than that. Chris has a fundraising drive to keep his excellent cartoon alive.  Be sure to drop a few dollars in his collection to keep one of the Rightosphere’s most talented warriors in the fight!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Shivas Irons on August 13, 2009 at 8:51 AM

LOL I love that movie!

becki51758 on August 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM

The next time the POTUS has to go in for a checkup he might have to take some extra Secret Service agents with him. Otherwise he may find himslf coming out with an implant: a foot in his a$$.

Yoop on August 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Furthermore, he implies that few doctors, if any are currently committed to preventative care, that’s why he’s claiming that his new program will be able to save so much money.

MarkTheGreat on August 13, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Which of course isn’t true. The studies also show a propensity for costs to go up (due to more utilization) when preventive services are emphasized.

highhopes on August 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM

you know in the deathcare bill where they talk about payments for med school for disadvantaged people (pps 797-800, section 1744).

michael vick came from a disadvantaged neighborhood. i say we send him to med school on the taxpayer dime.

kelley in virginia on August 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

i might ask the “michael vick” question at our townhall. everybody in virginia is very, very familiar with michael vick.

kelley in virginia on August 13, 2009 at 9:04 AM

kelley in virginia on August 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

My dog’s one request is the Michael Vick not go to veterinary school.

rbj on August 13, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Oldnuke on August 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Did I mention that my wife is also 21 weeks pregnant? We go in for the ultrasound tomorrow.

MarkTheGreat on August 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM

So, in Obama’s new world, what is the medical equivalent of FedEx and UPS?

unclesmrgol on August 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM

The Foot Store, where our motto is, “buy only the shoe you need.”

ICBM on August 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM

nothing but love for the surgeons, heh big O?

cmsinaz on August 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that Drs are “milking” medicaid and medicare and this should be fixed. The socialist dems should fix the problems and not change the entire system. As usual, the socialist dems go to far.

luckybogey on August 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Just so I’m clear here- You are complaining that your GP sent you to a specialist who immediately wanted to perform surgery? And you had the right to change doctors. That wouldn’t happen if the government gets away with seizing healthcare.

You are also saying that the filthy liar in the White House was right when he suggested that doctors are performing amputations for the money. I’m sorry but I just don’t buy it. I think perhaps that sometimes physicians err on the side of caution and order multitudes of tests to protect themselves from lawsuits but do you blame them? Tort reform isn’t even on the table in this healthcare debate.

highhopes on August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

AINSWORTH: Ah, hello, doc.

DOCTOR LIVINGSTONE: Morning! I came as fast as I could. Is, uhh,– is something up?

AINSWORTH: Yes. Uh, during the night, old Perkins got his leg bitten sort of… off. Mm?

DOCTOR LIVINGSTONE: Ahh. Been in the wars, have we?

PAKENHAM-WALSH: Mhm.

PERKINS: Yes.

DOCTOR LIVINGSTONE: Ehh. Any headache? Bowels all right? Mm. Well, let’s have a look at this one leg of yours, then, eh? Yes. Yes. Yes, yes. Yes. Yes. Yes, yes. Yes, well, this is nothing to worry about.

PERKINS: Oh, good.

DOCTOR LIVINGSTONE: Yes, there’s a lot of it about. Probably a virus. Uh, keep warm, plenty of rest, and if you’re playing football or anything, try and favour the other leg.

PERKINS: Oh.

DOCTOR LIVINGSTONE: Mhm.

PERKINS: Right-o.

DOCTOR LIVINGSTONE: Be as right as rain in a couple of days.

PERKINS: Oh. Thanks for the reassurance, doc.

DOCTOR LIVINGSTONE: Not at all. That’s what I’m here for. Any other problems I can reassure you about?

PERKINS: No, I’m fine.

DOCTOR LIVINGSTONE: Jolly good. Well, must be off. M-hmm.

PERKINS: So, it’ll, ehh,– it’ll just grow back again, then, will it?

DOCTOR LIVINGSTONE: Uhh,… I think I’d better come clean with you about this. It’s, um,– it’s not a virus, I’m afraid. You see, a virus is what we doctors call very, very small. So small, it could not possibly have made off with a whole leg. What we’re looking for here is, I think,– And this is no more than an educated guess, I’d like to make that clear. …Is some multi-cellular life form with stripes, huge razor-sharp teeth, about eleven foot long, and of the genus Felis Horribilis: what we doctors, in fact, call a ‘tiger’.

PERKINS, PAKENHAM-WALSH, and AINSWORTH: A tiger?!

EVERYONE: A tiger?!

[mayhem]

PAKENHAM-WALSH: A tiger… in Africa?

AINSWORTH: Hm?

PAKENHAM-WALSH: A tiger in Africa?!

AINSWORTH: W– Ah, well, it, uh,– it has probably escaped from a zoo. Mhm.

Shivas Irons on August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

This dope is locked into his ghetto mindset: “work the system Yo!”

He believes the rest of the world is as amoral as he is and it bothers him that they might be working an angle he missed, ie. doctors want to remove your kids tonsils so they can work the system and get rich, they want to lop off your foot to work the system and make mo’ money.

When he goes off script he almost sounds like a coked out low rent son of a welfare ho.

Alden Pyle on August 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Uh, does your auto insurance cover oil changes? Can you make a claim against your home owners insurance to pay to replace lightbulbs? Of course not.

Point is, give me the opportunity to choose whether I want catastrophic health insurance with or without preventive care. Let me go to the market. Don’t create a public option that subsidizes pricing so much that it drives private carriers out of the market leaving us with no choice.

jbh45 on August 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Then I will have to bribe and negotiate with my doctor to perform operation B for a small cash sum to be performed after hours.

sherry on August 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Unless you want an abortion…no more back alley abortions evah!

ladyingray on August 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM

This dope is locked into his ghetto mindset: “work the system Yo!”

Alden Pyle on August 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Quoted for emphasis.

freemo on August 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

A tiger? In Africa?

rbj on August 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM
——————————-

I’m sure they have some in zoos.

Oldnuke on August 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

——————————————

rbj/Oldnuke: The zoo part,lol:)

canopfor on August 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

kelley in virginia on August 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

This brings up an aspect of the legislation that really gets my blood boiling. It’s full of these little social engineering bits. I posted earlier about using preventive care wealth distribution so that all sorts of people get a little something instead of just the surgeon. Then there is this stuff you mention where a healthcare bill has a built in clause to discriminate against one class when it comes to getting a medical education. That’s not reform that’s socialism.

highhopes on August 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM

MarkTheGreat on August 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Congrats, Mark! I’m sure your wife’s OBGYN is taking good care of her.

ladyingray on August 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM

highhopes: my GP said that many young doctors from non-mainstream backgrounds (i have no idea how to put this) are still not up to speed from a education standpoint.

my 1st husband was a doctor. when he was in med school, the non-mainstream students really really struggled.

just sayin….

kelley in virginia on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Unless you want an abortion…

If you want an abortion, move to the head of the line. We can see you today.

On the other hand, if you have cancer or hearth disease, we can see you sometime in 2010.

And if you are a registered Republican, you can come back the 20th of Nevermber.

Does anyone really think Democrats won’t politicize health care, once they seize control of it? Good luck getting care if you’re not a party member.

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

MarkTheGreat on August 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Congratulations! You hoping for a boy or girl? Will this be your first?

Oldnuke on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Alden Pyle on August 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I’m just beginning to realize what was behind the comment that he had to take over healthcare by August or his presidency was ruined. This legislation is so far-reaching and intrusive into everyday life that he needed it as a stepping stone for even more “tough love” from the ruling class of liberals.

highhopes on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Unless you want an abortion…no more back alley abortions evah!

ladyingray on August 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Isn’t that the truth. I’d probably go to the head of the line. Very sad.

sherry on August 13, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Obama has no understanding of anything medical does he? Doesn’t surprise me one bit, the Shiny One hasn’t demonstrated much understanding of anything really.

And this is the guy we want restructuring our Health Care? What a mess!

Shogun144 on August 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM

kelley in virginia on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Why would you worry about affirmative action medical students. It’s not like it is a matter of life or death!
:-0

Seriously, there are enough provisions for equal opportunity that a healthcare bill doesn’t have to mandate that low-income individuals get to go to the head of the line for assistance in getting into medical school. Anybody that is impoverished and truly shows the ability and skills for medicine is going to have no problem getting an education.

highhopes on August 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Britain has a problem holding onto doctors. The emigrate to other countries where they can earn more than they can under the national healthcare program. I have a very liberal British friend who feels that doctors should be required to serve for 10 years in Britain. I asked if the government pays for their education and she said no, but they should have to serve for 10 years anyway. This bit of social engineering in the healthcare bill would provide a mechanism of control over doctors – if they go to school on the public dime, they can be required to serve for a specified time.

mph on August 13, 2009 at 9:22 AM

My granddaughter(6) has Cystic Fibrosis, an incurable, terminal illness. Her lungs will slowly fill up with mucus. This is delayed by use of a Vest (costing $15,000) and tons of pills. She goes to the CF clinic every 3 months. She may develope diabetes because CF also affects the pancreas.

Eventually she will require a lung–or both lungs transplanted. Her odds of living past 32yrs old are 50/50. Her odds of surviving and living for 5, 10, or more years after tranplant are 50/50. Will Obama accuse doctors of harvesting organs next? What will “The Panel” decide will be her fate–will she be worth saving if she lives past 32yrs?

In the future, will my granddaughter get a letter saying “Sorry for your bad luck..???”

lovingmyUSA on August 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Obama has no understanding of anything medical does he?

Shogun144 on August 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM

About the only thing I’ve seen that Obama knows anything about is rabble rousing. Unfortunately for him the vast majority of Americans don’t fall into the rabble category yet. He is, of course, trying to alter that.

Oldnuke on August 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM

O/T: from drudge

RASMUSSEN POLL: Obama Approval Rating Falls to New Low: 47 %… Developing…

tee hee

keep fiddling there O

cmsinaz on August 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Congratulations! You hoping for a boy or girl? Will this be your first?

Oldnuke on August 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

First with her. Have three girls with my first wife. Who ran off to be with a younger man.

In FLorida, the wife gets everything. Even though I can prove that the ex’s boyfriend has been beating the girls, my lawyer told me that unless I could prove that the girls were in imminent danger of death, I had no chance of getting them away from my ex.

I get to see the girls for about two weeks a year. 1/3rd of what courts ordered, my only option is to go to court and get another court order, to back up the court order that my ex is already ignoring.

Also, even though she’s the one who had an affair and then filed the divorce, if she hadn’t made the mistake of moving her boyfriend into the house so quickly, I would have been on the hook for a lifetime of alimony.

Guys out there. If you even think your wife is going to file for divorce, and you live in Florida. MOVE!!!

MarkTheGreat on August 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM

I guess I’m still a little bitter over what the state of Florida, and the ex did to me.

MarkTheGreat on August 13, 2009 at 9:30 AM

cmsinaz on August 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I hadn’t seen that. Great way to start the morning! Thanks for the info.

sherry on August 13, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Ed, what he apparently does not know is that patient comnpliance is the key to treating diabetes. It is not the doctor whether surgeon or endocrinologist, but the patient who controls the outcomes of diabetes. But you will never see him telling his hordes of worshipers that they will be penalized if they don’t control their blood sugars because that is closer to the truth. Show me a diagnosed diabetic and I’ll show you a physician who has attempted to treat that person. The finger pointing ignorance with this man is amazing.

bloggless on August 13, 2009 at 8:14 AM

Excellent point. Obama does need to educate himself about our current health care system, but he needs to begin that process with a study of basic human psychology.

Dee2008 on August 13, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Sounds as if Obewon has traded “let me be clear” for “skyrocketing”. Doctors don’t “immediately” get paid for any services from insurance or government. You would think being surrounded with all of the “health care professionals” that the One has around, that he would be a little better informed. Guess that’s not required.

Kissmygrits on August 13, 2009 at 9:42 AM

“The smartest man in the world”.

Johan Klaus on August 13, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Ed,

The really scarry thing about this is that Obama insisted that healthcare reform be passed before the August recess, Pelosi kept demanding a vote by July 31st. Thank goodness We, The People stood up and demanded a halt.

Obama promised an open & transparent administration and yet they just make up lies…

TN Mom on August 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Much like Slate’s daily “Bushisms,” the expectation of finding some mistake every single day means some are real stretches. Obama’s made some whoppers right from the start, but I don’t see the Bushism here. His dollar amount for the overall procedure is correct (as the AMA acknowledges) and he clearly says the surgeon does the procedure.

Now, he’s wrong in that quality preventative care currently is routine and common in today’s health care system. And the idea that government can do it better is painfully laughable. But in terms of an Obamateurism, I’d have to give this a 1 out of 10. Him not being able to do basic fractions, etc, rate much higher.

AngusMc on August 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM

IMHO, the Obamateurism of the Day was his introduction of Billie Jean King when awarding her the Medal of Freedom yesterday. As Ms. King said afterwards, “They didn’t get any of my facts right.”

One example, the Pres. said that Ms. King won 67 tennis singles titles when she actually won 129. I found this information on Wikipedia in less than a minute.

Apparently, the Internet connection at the White House was down yesterday, so they just winged it. Hopefully, they’re not doing the same on health care reform.

Bru on August 13, 2009 at 9:58 AM

For such a smart guy, Obama has shown he has a lot of knowledge “black holes.” History is one area that comes readily to mind. But health care is another issue where he displays an astounding level of ignorance for an educated, mature adult. He seems to have somehow missed picking up the general knowledge of the world–of how things work–that any person who is paying attention just sort of normally absorbs. I am astounded that this man can be so ill-prepared and speak so stupidly in front of people about an issue that is supposedly so important to him.

I don’t think he can get his head around the idea of so many people disagreeing with him–he wasn’t prepared for it and he doesn’t know how to handle it.

labwriter on August 13, 2009 at 9:59 AM

His dollar amount for the overall procedure is correct

Not in the vast majority of cases. He selected a high end outlier to make his case.

It’s like saying, “the cost of an automobile is $300,000, because a Ferrari costs $300,00.

Why can’t this guy stop being a lawyer and start being straightforward with the American people? Why is that so much to ask?

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Mind think:

Obama…good

Doctors, insurance companies, oil companies, mob’s, cops……bad

Dick Turpin on August 13, 2009 at 10:01 AM

…you know in the deathcare bill…

that’s a good way to put it- I’m totally stealing it.

Monica on August 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM

cuz homeboy don’t know no American peeps…. He knows Ayers, Wright, his typical white granny who don’t need no hip no mo’ and all dose kids widdout tonsills that’s been wridin’ him letters n’ sheet…. sup yo?

ted c on August 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Oldnuke on August 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM

When he tells old ladies with heart disease to take two aspirins and die, wants to pay women to kill their babies, and calls doctors professional amputators, he’s rousing the rabble all right. Who will save Obama from all the old ladies and doctors with pitchforks?

Obama is rapidly morphing into a mix of “Doctors” Kevorkian and Mengele. No wonder, as Nancy Pelosi pointed out, somebody protested with a crossed-out swastika. Next will be the civilian security force with a budget equal to the American military. He will need it.

Steve Z on August 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Package of Twinkies: $2.50
12 Pack of Dr. Pepper: $4.50
1/2 Gallon of Ice Cream:$3.00
Ribeye Steaks:$15.00
A bucket of Cookie Dough:$2.50
1lb of Bacon:$4.00
Foot Amputation:$30,000-$50,000 (depends on the coupon)

Watch the President El Presidente’ Barry make himself look like an idiot anytime he opens his mouth….Priceless.

Col.Smeag on August 13, 2009 at 10:22 AM

African rumors
Of penis-stealing witches
Learned from his Grandma

Haiku Guy on August 13, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I just spewed coffee all over my keyboard. Made my day.
My first post since registering yesterday…please be patient with my complete lack of formatting skills.

Hoosiergammy on August 13, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Oh, and the depression is still on.

corona on August 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I’m not a doctor, but I have been known to play doctor. However, wouldn’t what Obama describes be in violation of the Hippocratic Oath?

Mr. President, is this another instance of projection? Just because you so effortlessly violate your oaths of office do you assume that others so willingly would do the same?

Left Coast Right Mind on August 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

ted c on August 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Barry’s keep’n it real, just like he did back in da day, with Tre, Doughboy and Ricky.

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Every time Barry goes off-Teleprompter with one of his slick glib examples, he amputates his foot and shoves it in his mouth. Got to be driving Axelrod bonkers.

GarandFan on August 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM

NoDonkey on August 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Because he knows deep down that if he really exposed his true self most Americans would loathe him for the Marxist/socialist/Anti-American empty suit empty headed thug that he is.

Oldnuke on August 13, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Reduce costs through health care efficiencies by eliminating these amputations. Save $30-50,000 right away. Let the patient die and save a whole lot of residual money for continuing medical issues. Break out the pain killers and hospice care and we can save a lot of money to ensure the votes of the poor (who do not pay taxes) and illegal immigrants.

jerseyman on August 13, 2009 at 11:14 AM

There’s a reason why all of his records are sealed. He’s got content mastery on thuggery-that’s it. How is it that NO ONE in any university recalls any lectures, any class attendance, any papers, anything??? Maybe the empty suit has no academic credentials in addition to no integrity…just sayin’…

indypat on August 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM

His idiocy is astounding. Is everything that comes out of his mouth a stupid insult? ‘Everybody’s a liar, but me, and if you hear them lying, report them to the White House.’ ‘The police acted really stupidly, even though I don’t know what I’m talking about, because I have no idea of what really happened.’ ‘Now, doctors get paid to cut off limbs, and that’s all they want to do, because it’s the best money.’ Completely stupid. Staggeringly stupid.

Virus-X on August 13, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I am a family physician and this is insulting!! He is basically saying that primary doctors aren’t doing a good job because we are not getting paid enough. More money will not make us take better care of our diabetics! A good number of people who recieve amputations are non- compliant and do not keep their sugar levels under control because they do not like shots, its hard to lose weight, they don’t like to exercise, they don’t eat healthy foods, they don’t follow up with their doctor, and I could go on. It’s not that we are negligant of our patients because we feel our reimbursement is not high enough. I am tired of him making us look like the bad guys when we try to help people all day long !!

idahoconservative on August 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM

This man is sounding, looking and acting dumber by the day. Too much exposure does tend to expose all the flaws. In his case hiding in the basement of the WH for the next three years sounds like his best option. Dumbo ears, match his dumbo intellect.

UnEasyRider on August 13, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Obama is projecting… He would cut body parts off for money.. After all he supports killing babies that survive partial birth abortion, by leaving them to suffer and die in linen closets, so lopping off a foot would be no problem ..

Obama has a lack of morals, empathy, and ethics… oh wait that describes Chicago politicians …

dugbru on August 13, 2009 at 12:20 PM

While that is an effective method to treat type II diabetes it doesn’t work well with type I diabetes.

Coming soon to a neighbor hood near you The Food Police.

chemman on August 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM

AINSWORTH: W– Ah, well, it, uh,– it has probably escaped from a zoo. Mhm.

Shivas Irons on August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Monty Python could never have conceived of this administration. Too over the top, even for satire.
Though they did come close with the Ministry of Silly Walks.

SKYFOX on August 13, 2009 at 1:03 PM

The only topic Obama knows much about is Obama.

Jim Treacher on August 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I don’t think this is an Obamateurism….maybe we need a couple of categories.

This tells us about his character, his worldview. It is not amateurish…this is what he believes, this is who he is.

The language spoken in Austria is amateurish, this is the man’s character.

r keller on August 13, 2009 at 1:10 PM

It’s truly shameful that the guy who is trying to change our health care doesn’t know that surgeons don’t do primary care, so the choice he offers is meaningless.
It only shows his ignorance.

J_Crater on August 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM

That tonsillectomy remark really made me laugh. My 17 year old daughter who has been healthy all her life had chronic tonsillitis last fall. After several visits to our GP and three rounds of antibiotics, we were finally referred to an ears, nose and throat specialist. He also tried to avoid the surgery by removing pus from her tonsils with a syringe, a painful procedure and then another round of antibiotics which did not work. Finally, after nearly three months and lots of missed school, they did the tonsillectomy.

Jvette on August 13, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Ed:
Instead of or in addition to the Obamtuerism of the day, can we have a section created or added to for the Obama lie of the day?

paulsur on August 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Ed:

paulsur on August 13, 2009

I don’t speak for Ed (scary thought), but I don’t think he ever intended for “Obamateurism” to be the exact same as “amateurism”. The concept makes room for some of Obama’s lies, obfuscations and distractions that we might perceive as more evil than amateur. Otherwise, they wouldn’t need a unique identification.
I’m happy to be corrected if I’m flat wrong or leaving something out.

SKYFOX on August 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM

This is not a misstatement by Obama or a demonstration of ignorance. It is a lie designed to deceive the ignorant, play well in the fawning media, and win votes in congress if not of individuals.

This is true of many statements from the left where terms are given their exact opposite meaning, not because the person does not know, though they might not, but because they don’t care enough about the truth to find out whether their agenda matches it. Thus, predetermined agenda, apart from any knowledge of truth, drives statements, apart from any reference to truth, designed to win adherence to the agenda.

Worse than lies, any other form of abuse is sanctioned by the agenda as well, already. It is a wonder that, having already compromised in their mind, more examples of abuses are not evident. But they can come in a wave born on the rising tide, which is why we should fight the tide of lies and the will to power which underlies them. At the same time we must fight the common lack of wisdoms which allows such destruction to flourish.

AnotherOpinion on August 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I have NEVER seen a president make the unreal comments and statements that Obama has. NO CLASS or thought process what so ever! No common sense. Us UNAMERICANS are the idiots. HA!!

conservgal on August 13, 2009 at 6:44 PM

As the mother of a Type 1 diabetic, this is the best post I have read.

thnx, Ed