Harry Reid: Town-hall protesters are “evil-mongers”

posted at 2:41 pm on August 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

It’s his own coinage, as nasty and awkward as the man himself. And like a two-year-old who’s just crapped on the carpet, he’s curiously proud of it.

Harry Reid, the Senate majority leader, was having second thoughts – or was he? – about the way he had characterized people who are disrupting town halls with “lies, innuendo and rumor,” and not letting others speak. They are, he said, “evil-mongers.”

A day after tossing out the term “evil-mongers” in the closing speech of his annual clean energy conference, Reid was alternating between pride in his coinage and knowing that he probably should be trying to defuse, not escalate, the turmoil erupting at town meetings across the country on health care reform.

“It was an original with me. I maybe could have been less descriptive,” Reid said. He also said, “I doubt that you’ll hear it from me again.” But a few minutes later, he couldn’t resist a sardonic little joke. “I feel I haven’t done anything to embarrass them,” Reid said of his children. “Except maybe call somebody an evil-monger.”

Mind you, this is a guy who’s up for reelection next year and whose unfavorable rating already stands at 50 percent. I’d love to see the internal polling that’s convinced him and Baron Hill that egregiously demonizing protesters — whom more Americans are sympathetic to than not — is a sure path to victory. Consider this further proof, though, that William McGurn was right in dubbing ObamaCare the left’s new religion, with protester-heretics now officially deemed “evil” for shouting about it. Exit question: Isn’t this actually the left’s line on the right in all policy disagreements? Pick any issue you like, foreign or domestic, and liberal conventional wisdom has some nefarious explanation available for the conservative position. Warmongering, racism, exploiting the poor, “controlling women’s bodies” — you name it, they’ve got an “evil” ulterior motive to account for it. I wonder why it took Reid this long to drop the E-bomb. He must really want to win this debate.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Reid left no doubt he intends to get a health reform bill passed in the Senate, no matter what erupts at town hall meetings and whether any Republicans support the end result. “We can’t let the insurance industry the free market win another round. We’re going to win this round,” he said.

This guy is a scumbag, but do not underestimate him or Granny Botox.

Wethal on August 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Fixed that Reid quote for ya.

I agree 100% on the scumbag comment. He and Pelosi should not be breathing air in a free country, leave alone holding office in its government.

UltimateBob on August 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM

“Evil-Monger” is the best you can come up with?? This little troll is even dumber than I thought.

barrythrowslikeagirl on August 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I didn’t go to evil school for four years to be called “monger.”

patriette on August 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM

If this is the new religion, then AGW fanatics are going to be left out in the cold. Yes, I do love stupid puns.

MTF on August 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Under the esteemed leadership of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi……….

……… the once great United States of America Congress has been turned into this:

“Fishy Fishy Fish”

Seven Percent Solution on August 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

In the parlance of Battlestar Galactica, go frakk yourself Dingy Harry!

Battlecruiser-operational on August 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I just can’t help to sit back and giggle while watching the Democrats repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot over Obamacare.

Its kinda like watching a kid who can’t seem to understand that the stove is hot. You kinda want to tell them to stop touching it but yet you can’t just because its frigging hilarious

Doctor Zhivago on August 13, 2009 at 3:10 PM

LOL. “America’s Funniest Videos – Political Edition.”

rockmom on August 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Come on, Nevada. Make us proud. Get rid of this partisan, socialist, corruptocrat! Can you do it? Yes you can!

Christian Conservative on August 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM

TXMomof3 on August 13, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Hey, there’s a newbie who just joined yesterday using the screen name MomofTXMomof3.

Is that really your mom, or an imposter? :-)

UltimateBob on August 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM

The battle for healthcare is lost

scottm on August 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM

“Eeeeeviil!”

simon on August 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Yes, but their “intelligence” used to consist of choosing the RIGHT ad hominem for the right situation. Pro-life? You’re a Christian Hypocrit Bible-Thumper! Anti-Global warming? You’re a Flat-Earther! A female who wears makeup and high heels? You love Sarah Palin!

Now, if you oppose socialized medicine you are ALL of it, every ad hominem in the book.

I say we put them in a padded room and watch them finally go over the edge. Nothing but spittle and straightjackets up in there.

Grace_is_sufficient on August 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Of all the members of Congress who are up for re-election in 2010, Senator Harry Reid is by far the most culpable for the out-of-control federal spending, taxpayer-funded bailouts and push for higher taxes. As Senate Majority Leader he has pushed through trillions of dollars in new spending, ran up our national debt, pushed for tax increases and cut sweetheart deals with lobbyists in order to push through federal bailouts.

TV Ad: Help Us Defeat Harry Reid

izoneguy on August 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM

barrythrowslikeagirl on August 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I keep thinking of the scene in “The Naked Gun” where Lt. Drebin can’t think of anything to call Robert Goulet’s character, so he blurts out “Mister Poopy-Pants!”

rockmom on August 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I am getting Angry.

They called me Angry Mob! Now Evil-Monger!

I don’t like any of those words, I wanna be called Counter-Revolutionary Rabble Rouser!

What do I gotta do? Where a Milton Friedman shirt to a Rally?

Holger on August 13, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I love me some ALLAHPUNDIT.

I feel like with his whit and sharp tongue, we finally have someone on our side who can dish.

Don’t get me wrong.

Without Clark Kent, Superman would like an idiot getting groceries in tights and a cape. I love Ed too, just the facts kind of guy that he is. But AP- atheism notwithstanding (had to), the kids got game.

Fish on August 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Taking a scene from the Movie TANK, reid is a Posse commitas.

bullseye on August 13, 2009 at 3:34 PM

You better have a few bottles on hand for election night. I think it’s going to be a bloodbath for the democrats.

UltimateBob on August 13, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Unfortunately this not mathematically possible. The R’s have twice as many seats to protect as the D’s in 2010, just the way it is.

It would a major accomplishment to to wrest tha super-majority away in the Senate. Numerically regain a malority in either body just cannot be done, so the R’s need to focus their effort and $ on taking every seat they can in the Senate in ’10 and fillibuster like hell!

Then in ’12 the shoe is on the other foot and the D’s have twice as much territory to protect as the R’s, and at the rate their going, that could a blood bath!

The trick will be to hold the line enough so that there is enough remaining to salvage the damage done by The Won & the DNC!

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 3:34 PM

This just about sums it up on this a$$cramp.

HornetSting on August 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Who actually voted for this nitwit?

daesleeper on August 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Enough with the typo’s already! Sheesh, sorry guys!

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Hey harry dipshitz,

How many people fell off unemployment this week and are no longer being counted, except in the U6 number? How many new people hit the curb this week?

And you have the arrogance to say that we are evil?

dogsoldier on August 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM

The only thing that scares me about next election year is that the democrats plan on bussing people in from Mexico to vote for them.

mcl2177 on August 13, 2009 at 3:36 PM

ve r killing ze girl tonite, old man…

yubley on August 13, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Has anybody seen one of those Subarus carry that “dissent is the highest form of patriotism” sticker recently ?

J_Crater on August 13, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Methinks these guys have too much faith that ACORN will deliver their elections to them. Still, it makes me wonder what Rahm and the boys have going behind the scenes that the whole lot of them can continue to act in such brazenly obtuse ways.

schafkopf on August 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM

“evil-mongers”?

I thought we were Nazis?

We are “evil-mongering, nazi, right-wing robots of racist hate with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery and astro-turfing…”

catmman on August 13, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Maybe it’s a can’t have it both ways situation though I hope not. In order to get rid of the Harry Reid’s of the Senate the health bill will have to pass and the Dems take the brunt of the backlash. If the health care bill doesn’t pass, Harry may be still with us. I read where Nevada is full of SEIU folks because of places like Vegas and Reno. We all know how they’re going to vote already because they’ll lose a kneecap or two if they don’t.

jeanie on August 13, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I was under the distinct impression that in our post modern world concepts such as good and evil were outmoded. I guess that only goes for terrorists.

Terrye on August 13, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Sticks, stones, and SEIU thugs may break our bones but names will never hurt us.

jukin on August 13, 2009 at 3:49 PM

LOL

Theworldisnotenough on August 13, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I wish they would make up their minds, are we:
Evil-mongers?
Un-American?
Racists?
Bigots?
Fascists?
Terrorists?
Mobsters?
Just make up your mind and stick with it…I don’t know what to apologize for…

right2bright on August 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Reid epitomizes the problem with the current politicians. Even if they listen they can’t or won’t understand. The people need to get rid of every one of these charlatans and elect representative that voice the will of the people . . . and they need to do quickly before this nation reverts to chaos.

rplat on August 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM

catmman on August 13, 2009 at 3:44 PM

And all this according to no less an expert than Darth Sidious himself!

Blacklake on August 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Next up — Harry Reid calls Obamacare opponents “Fear Do-ers”.
Or maybe he’ll leave that line for Joe Biden, who really hasn’t had much to do for the past three weeks.

jon1979 on August 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM

The only way these idiots can win next election is through ACORN-Black Panther fraud–which you know they’ll try. What are we going to do abut that?

texanpride on August 13, 2009 at 3:52 PM

schafkopf on August 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Daniel Hannan addressed this so quickly the other night that it was easy to miss it. In effect he said, that truly crazed liberals believe so ardently that their cause is the only acceptable one that they feel any means or method at all is justified to achieve it–criminal or not. I guess I sort of knew this but never heard it put as well as he said it.

jeanie on August 13, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Paglia says they are tone deaf. I think they are brain dead.

Isn’t the definition of insanity repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different outcome?

The porkulus is not working.

Nothing the libturds have proposed is working.

More and more people are losing their jobs every day and who is to blame?

Bozo and his circus.

dogsoldier on August 13, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Harry’s an idiocy-monger.

LegendHasIt on August 13, 2009 at 3:57 PM

definition of Monger: to peddle: sell or offer for sale from place to place.

I don’t know about you guys, but as far as I can see, the ones trying to sell something are the Dems, and the people aren’t buying it. Who is a monger now Harry?

Kristamatic on August 13, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I prefer “white malcontent” as coined by one of our favorite columnists Maureen Dowd:

Instead of a multicultural tableau of beaming young idealists on screen, we see ugly scenes of mostly older and white malcontents, disrupting forums where others have come to actually learn something. Instead of hope, we get swastikas, death threats and T-shirts proclaiming “Proud Member of the Mob.”

Brat on August 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I wish they would make up their minds, are we:
Evil-mongers?
Un-American?
Racists?
Bigots?
Fascists?
Terrorists?
Mobsters?
Just make up your mind and stick with it…I don’t know what to apologize for…

right2bright on August 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM

No need to apologize, right. Embrace it, apprently all these labels and names mean that you LOVE your country, the great USA, and you want to preserve the freedoms of your country against enemies within bent on destroying them!
Buck up, camper!

HornetSting on August 13, 2009 at 3:59 PM

They declared us evil long ago. A little essay written 50 years ago whose reading would greatly benefit everyone going to these meetings.

The turn will come when we entrust the conduct of our affairs to men who understand that their first duty as public officials is to divest themselves of the power they have been given. It will come when Americans, in hundreds of communities throughout the nation, decide to put the man in office who is pledged to enforce the Constitution and restore the Republic. Who will proclaim in a campaign speech: “I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed in their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is ‘needed’ before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents’ ‘interests,’ I shall reply that I was informed their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.”

Barry Goldwater, The Conscience of a Conservative, 1960

rockhead on August 13, 2009 at 4:00 PM

The problem has always been that two counties in Nevada re-elect this dumb arse every time…Clark and Washoe. Everybody else in the entire remainder of the state votes against him, but the illegals and minorities on the dole in Las Vegas and Reno love him.

Wyznowski on August 13, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Except that Washoe and Clark ARE Nevada. The rest of the state includes less that 100k people.

Bruce NV on August 13, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Anybody catch the back door job and our last US bind issue?

9 of the 10 biggest buyers last year are to date net sellers this year. When issue a bond sale anything less than 100% sold on the public market is a vote of no confidence in your currency. So in prediction that the net seller thing was likely to result in bad tidings, the treasury had those banks that are under the TARP thumb pick up the 47% that what was left surplus on the market.

Then at precisely the same time, and on the same day 10 days later, the Fed quietly releived them of those bonds.

Result? The US Treasury created a faux sale by having the US Fed by the same paper issue to hide the fact that no one savvy in the value of the dollar would touch it!

This is called monetization, or in laymans terms, printing money! Currently Geithner has a request in to raise the debt ceiling now so as to be able to pull this sleight of hand trick on our next bond issue.

So as you hear all the bathering idiots trying to tell that we are coming out of our current slump, realize that no-one i”in-the-know” is, literally, buying it!

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Sen. Reid said he chose the term “evil-mongers” simply because “evil-doers” had been copyrighted the Bush Administration.

BobMbx on August 13, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I didn’t go to evil school for four years to be called “monger.”

patriette on August 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Damn right!

You’re the Impresario of Evil!

guntotinglibertarian on August 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM

schafkopf on August 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM

This worries me as well, they are acting waaaaay too sure of themselves in light of current polling!

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I wish they would make up their minds, are we:
Evil-mongers?
Un-American?
Racists?
Bigots?
Fascists?
Terrorists?
Mobsters?
Just make up your mind and stick with it…I don’t know what to apologize for…

right2bright on August 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Don’t forget:

Hatemonger
Fearmonger

ziggyville on August 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I’m literally buying more gold..on the dips.

And silver has been very kind to me, too.

But my best investment over the past couple of years has been (shhhh) firearms and ammo.

guntotinglibertarian on August 13, 2009 at 4:08 PM

How about fish monger? Since we stink so much? /sc

coyoterex on August 13, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Response to Reid:

“I know you are but what am I”

Probably the only response he would understand.

BobMbx on August 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I wish they would make up their minds, are we:
Evil-mongers?
Un-American?
Racists?
Bigots?
Fascists?
Terrorists?
Mobsters?
Just make up your mind and stick with it…I don’t know what to apologize for…

right2bright on August 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Don’t forget:

Hatemonger
Fearmonger

ziggyville on August 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM

You know what I really, really miss?

The Reagan years, when we conservatives ran riot, disgorging morsels of food from the mouths of poor (mostly black) children.

Little buggers struggled like hell. And mind those milk teeth…

guntotinglibertarian on August 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM

upinak on August 13, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I just built us a new Lair of Evil underneath AP’s apartment. Come by if you have the time for some evil coffee and donuts.

FontanaConservative on August 13, 2009 at 4:11 PM

FontanaConservative on August 13, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Can we have noose-making and swastika-painting classes in the Lair?

guntotinglibertarian on August 13, 2009 at 4:12 PM

The LEFT finds the need to lie
The LEFT finds the need to butcher children.
The LEFT finds the need to put grandma away.
The LEFT finds the need to take our rights away.
The LEFT finds the need to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory
The LEFT finds the need to turn a Chriatian nation into a godless nation.
The LEFT cannot find a deviant act that they won’t support.

Let’s see who is EVIL.

Jeff from WI on August 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Christian

Jeff from WI on August 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM

The LEFT cannot find a deviant act that they won’t support.

To be fair, they’ve come out foursquare against dwarf-tossing.

guntotinglibertarian on August 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM

And here we were led to believe that the left doesn’t accept the concept of “evil”! After all, the 9/11 hijackers weren’t evil; the embassy bombers weren’t evil; the middle eastern homicide bombers weren’t evil. Where can I order my “I’d rather be mongering” teeshirt? Celebrate ol’ Harry, folks. If the statists were to replace this feckless doofus with someone even semi-competent, just think of how much more damage they could do before we vote their worthless posteriors out of office. You go, Harry.

semperfree on August 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I judge a lot how things are going by the comments from the lefties on Huffpo. I just went over there and guess what the humongus headline is:
INTERNAL MEMO CONFIRMS BIG GIVEAWAYS IN WHITE HOUSE DEAL WITH PHARMA
A memo obtained by the Huffington Post confirms that the…

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patriotparty1 on August 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM

The LEFT cannot find a deviant act that they won’t support.
To be fair, they’ve come out foursquare against dwarf-tossing.

guntotinglibertarian on August 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM

LOL! Hey,where is Limerick today? This seems like his type of thread to be in.

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I’ll taking evil mongers over lying skanks…

jbh45 on August 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM

That’s right. He’s ignoring the root causes.

guntotinglibertarian on August 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM

FOOT MEET MOUTH!Keep talking dems the grave is almost 6 ft deep now!

xler8bmw on August 13, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Numerically regain a malority in either body just cannot be done…

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Let me be clear. Every seat in the House is up for re-election in 2010. This happens every two years.

Numerically, the Dems have more to protect than the GOP in the House.

In the Senate, there are 36 seats up for election. Currently, they are evenly split between Dem and GOP – 18 each. But since we are 20 seats down, then I agree that it is numerically impossible to get a majority in the Senate.

But that is not the case in the House at all. I understand that retaking the House majority is highly unlikely, but let’s not kill all hope entirely.

connertown on August 13, 2009 at 4:28 PM

“It was an original with me. I maybe could have been less descriptive,”

Thank you Harry for telling us how you really feel. Please don’t recalibrate your terminology. We like(sarc)you better this way.

chemman on August 13, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Oh Dingy Harry.

This evil mongerer will gleefully laugh when NV voters (hopefully) toss him out on his a$$ next year.

marmaran on August 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Reminds me of Dick Morris’ remembrance of Clinton’s (the important one, Bill) take on Bob Dole during the ’96 election campaign. Bill reportedly said, “Bob Dole is eveil. The things he wants to do to this country are evil.”

Bob Dole, everybody. Embodiment of evil.

Hucklebuck on August 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM

This just in,

Big Brother IS watching!

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM

ziggyville on August 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Just wait it’s coming. The new house un-American activities commission will soon release the C word on us.

chemman on August 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

The citizens of Nevada need to vote this asshat out.
I found this link to his opponent;

Jason58 on August 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Can someone screenprint me a T-shirt that says “Evil-mongering Mobster” on it?

jimmy2shoes on August 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM

connertown on August 13, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Hmmmm, thanks for the tip. Coulda sworn the house was outta reach as well, I’ll have to see what I got wrong.

Anyways nice job, we have enough disinfo as it is and to be effective we need only the best intel!

I doff my cap!

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Can someone screenprint me a T-shirt that says “Evil-mongering Mobster” on it?

jimmy2shoes on August 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Dont know where to get one of those, but I am particularly fond of this one… and the reaction it gets in the heart of the commie bastion here in down town Chicago!

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Ooops! Guntoting, follow this, it’s right up your alley!

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone else think he looks like an undertaker, delivering nothing but bad news and empty words?

LooseCannon on August 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Thats rich coming from a man who is Skelator and Jack Kavorkians missing brother!!

deadbackpacker on August 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM

The right thinks the left is naive, dumb or unrealistic in their utopian ideals.

The left thinks the right is evil. Their ideology doesn’t work unless they have someone to be mad at.

BadgerHawk on August 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Harry better get that old realestate license out and renew it. He’ll be looking for a job come next November.

GarandFan on August 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Evil-monger, eh? Who do you think is going to use the phrase bastard people?

Spectreman on August 13, 2009 at 5:21 PM

LOL….Reid looks like a troll.

CEA_Agent on August 13, 2009 at 5:31 PM

“Evil-mongers” makes as much sense as John Edwards’ old line, “Hope is on the way.” Really? In the future we’ll be able to hope? Wow, can’t wait.

Reid could have at least make it sound poetic, like “conjurers of evil tricks.”

cackcon on August 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Awaken brave Nevada. Embrace your proud heritage and flush this fraud. Awaken to the harm your representative, this shill, this huckster has caused us all. Return to your common senses, Nevada. Make America proud

August Horch on August 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I wish I lived in his ward – I’d have a bumber sticker made that says: Evil Mongers. Wish I felt like I could carry a sign in church that said the same thing. Come on nevada, get rid of the bumb!

Bambi on August 13, 2009 at 5:44 PM

What do you expect from one of the leading members of the NUTZIE Party???

chickasaw42 on August 13, 2009 at 6:03 PM

schafkopf on August 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Archimedes on August 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM

My thinking for some time now is they plan on either finding a way to call off or suspend the elections, or they plan to cheat (again) via ACORN/NBPP/Unions.

The hubris is simply too apparent. Politicians are not smart but they are extremely cunning and crafty rat weasel bastards and I find it hard to believe they would be this artless when it comes to dealing with the general public

My third thought is they are actively trying to provoke a revolution/civil war for reasons unknown at this time. I used to think that was hugely tinfoilish but now…
not so much

Sugarbuzz on August 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM

pathetic. childish too. what really gets me is these personal attacks on voters, and yet people continue to support a guy like this.

CarpalTunnel on August 13, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Now let me get this straight, Dingy Harry!

If I am against the current healthcare plan that your boss is promulgating and I show up and verbally express my opposition to that plan, as is my right to do so, in your eyes, I am an “evil-monger”?!!!!

Oh how the people of Nevada need to recall your sorry rear end out of the Senate, and I mean as quickly as possible!!!!

pilamaye on August 13, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Well, what do you expect from someone who says we(tourists who go to Washington on vacation in the summer) that we STINK!!!!!!!!!!!! Congress needs to be purged.

kitkat-n.c. on August 13, 2009 at 6:51 PM

While Evil Monger sounds a little comic bookish, it does have a ring to it. Harry (Butt Munch) Reid must be running out of adjectives to describe us however. (He is from Searchlight NV)

yobobbyb on August 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Vote the bums out!

MCGIRV on August 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

To be fair, they’ve come out foursquare against dwarf-tossing.

guntotinglibertarian on August 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM

True but ONLY because they had a hissy fit on a PC basis over the term “dwarf.” They have no problems with “little people (over the age of 21, not innocent, wise sign-hating children) tossing” with the informed consent of the tossee and indemnification of further shortening after tossing and excluding the presumed pejorative “short stack” as part of the accepted nomenclature.

ExpressoBold on August 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Hit the button too fast.

I want to help that little gnome out by proposing an insult generator to help make his life a little easier.

Harry my boy, pick one from column A and one from column B and you are set to go. Share this with Gibbsy as well so that he can be ready with the insults.

Column A Column B
wickedness dealer
degeneracy monger
depravity trader
villainy promoter
nefariousness hawker
malevolence peddler

There you have it Harry, you old douchebag you. Ready made insults at a moments notice, all 36 of them.

Have at it.

yobobbyb on August 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

If I were Reid, I’d be very very worried about an angry Mob.

All that good money to get this idiot elected.

All those overnight flights from Philly and Newark, and Chicago, to make sure Dirty Harry understood what those envelopes full of cash were about.

And it is all about to go away.

It is the only reason I can think of as to why Dirty Harry is hanging on like a puppy with a new chew toy.

coldwarrior on August 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Sums Harry and his life’s work. LOL.

Hunt035 on August 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM

It comes naturally… just as as “evil” spelled backward is “live”, “Harry Reid” spelled backward is “di-er-y-rrah” (thanks Hooked on Phonics!)

ya2daup on August 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM

National Man Dwarf Love Association? NMDLA

Wow, that is really out there!

GunRunner on August 13, 2009 at 7:16 PM