Video: Olbermann names Ed Morrissey best person in the world

posted at 9:45 pm on August 12, 2009 by Allahpundit

Savor it, if only because this is closer to the truth than Olby’s been in a long, long time. I’m so relieved it’s Ed, too: Someone on Twitter told me he had named me best person for yesterday’s post about the Paulnut with the gun outside Obama’s town hall. Between the fight with Meggie Mac and the lovely KP getting engaged, that would have been more than my beta-male heart could stand.

But no, it’s Ed for his post on the National Guard’s non-internment camps. For the rare distinction of having earned Olbermann’s blessing, let me be the first to say to Ed: You are the RINO king. Enjoy the throne of shame; if you need me, I’ll be at the bar adjusting to my new role as Hot Air’s “true conservative.”

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Update (Ed): Geez, you step out for a few minutes, and look what happens! Allahpundit’s relieved it’s not him; I’m relieved AP wrote about it before I had to post this myself. How would I have framed it — hey, I made John Hawkins’ most-respected conservatives list on the same day as KO’s Best Persons list? I feel like I traveled 26,000 miles just to get back to where I started.

I’m sure people would like me to be a jerk about this, but I’ll say thank you to Keith instead for the kind words. We’ll be arguing again tomorrow, and for the … rest of eternity, probably, but I’d prefer to return graciousness with graciousness.

Update II (Ed): Tommy Christopher uncovers the real conspiracy. Soylent Green, anyone?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

You’re a good man, Ed Morrissey.

mikeyboss on August 13, 2009 at 8:51 AM

You’re a good man, Ed Morrissey.

mikeyboss on August 13, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Agreed.

Fish on August 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I get the last word on this. Maybe.

I’d congratulate you, but it’s Uber-mann for Gosh sake’s.

Later.

Scoreboard44 on August 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Congratulations Ed, is their a trophy that goes with the distinction? I mean, I hear MSDNC – make good door stops :) Hey I think Olbermann has a career as a doorman just sayin…how much harder can it be than reading from a teleprompter?

Dr Evil on August 13, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Congratulations, Ed. There was a weather report that He@@ did freeze over for just a moment.

kingsjester on August 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM

The segment reminds me of the Chris Rock routine where somebody wants a commendation for not beating his kids.

hicsuget on August 13, 2009 at 9:37 AM

kingsjester on August 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Are you 100% sure? You could always ask Olby himself. He is totally in line w/ the devil.

g8trman307 on August 13, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I suspect that Olby will use this as an example of how “unifying” democrats can be that they even recognize Conservatives when they make good points.

IanTrouble on August 13, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Ironic that that fox is still fixed news considering where that comments coming from…

ThatMan on August 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I’m sorry I missed this thread. Belatedly,

❤ Ed
❤ AP

RushBaby on August 13, 2009 at 10:32 AM

We love you Ed, even if Olberman likes you.

Mr. Joe on August 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM

You beat out Stephen Hawking and Steve Doocey? What?! :)

vcferlita on August 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I don’t know if you saw the last Speshul Komment on Sarah Palin, but it seemed…rather tame (even with the debar comment). After seeing this, I wonder if Keef got the notice to tone it down.

BradSchwartze on August 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I miss CQ.

F’n squishes.

LtE126 on August 13, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Wow. Keith O. thinks you’re a good person. I thought a protector of conservatism had to kill a birther with a blunt instrument to be considered a good person. Next you’ll be supporting candidates that help Democrats win elections. Oh wait, you already did that in 2008. Way to go. All you need to do now is gear up for amnesty in 2010 and get ready to scream ‘bigot’ at any Republican that doesn’t support it. Good luck.

austinnelly on August 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

“graciousness with graciousness”
Yeah right

RobCon on August 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM

so, this one time Ed chose truth over fear and misinformation?

Because, what, Olby? Ed, the other 99.9% of the time deals in fear mongering, lies and mistruths?

I wouldn’t take anything Olby says as a compliment. That was a backhanded compliment, and laced with crap. The one time Olby agrees with you, you are telling the truth, but all the other times you are just given into temptation and spreading lies??

I can’t even stand to see his face or hear his voice. He is the biggest hack ever.

sarainitaly on August 13, 2009 at 12:24 PM

A truly odd day, indeed!

Mutnodjmet on August 13, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Belatedly read Ed’s award winning post just now.

rob verdi 9:44

al-Maliki refurbishes and renames the prison and insists on maintaining it in use because there is a need for the prison.

Obama HAS GITMO already in perfect condition, no need to refurbish, and demands it to be closed BECAUSE there is a need for that prison.

The President can try to nationalize the force and the Govenor can say no. Remember, National Guardsmen are a local force.

Hogman on August 10, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Yes, that was then. And the old system served American citizens very well.

But now, don’t overlook the strings attached to Stimulus and the Executive Order federal powers of martial law that will bypass Constitutional norm and obliterate states’ rights.

Epidemics and even natural disasters are too easily manufactured for profit and power. It takes an Alinsky acolyte to turn that observation into a charge AS IF I just wrote that all epidemics and natural disasters are manufactured for profit and power.

The concerns expressed by Keemo and coldwarrior et.al. do not presume that the questionable military guard advertisement is ONLY to collect and train a force that could be used by sinister authoritarians. Legitimate concerns should not be misstated by anyone with integrity in order to absolutely dismiss the reality of possible future abuse coming down the line.

When the Department of Homeland Security ignores its original target and instead aims its focus on conservative Americans, leave it to Ed Morrissey to see no possible problems. Birds of a feather join the Olbermann admiration club. Observe HotAir labeling legitimate concern as radical paranoia to an Alinsky tune.

Homage to what could have been a great man.

maverick muse on August 13, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Olbergoebbels. ‘Nuff said………..

adamsmith on August 13, 2009 at 1:23 PM

❤❤ ❤❤ ❤❤ I ❤❤ ❤❤R E A L L Y ❤❤ ❤❤ H A T E ❤❤ ❤❤ ❤❤ ❤❤ ❤❤ K E I T H ❤❤ ❤❤ O L B E R M A N ❤❤ ❤❤ ❤❤ ❤❤ ❤❤ A N D ❤❤ ❤❤ P I S S Y ❤❤ C H R I S ❤❤ ❤❤ M A T T H E W S ❤❤ ❤❤ A N D ❤❤ ❤❤ ❤❤M A D D O W ❤❤ ❤❤ I S ❤❤ ❤❤ Q U E E N ❤❤ T E A B A G G E R ❤❤ ❤❤

Califemme on August 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Now–aside from this instance, does Ed think Olby is a good person? Does AP think Meggie is a good person?

jeanie on August 13, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Congrats Ed. I know it must feel a little strange, though, being that it came from Keef Olberdouche. I imagine that it probably feels something like getting a Capitalist of the Week award from a Hugo Chavez TV station talking head though. Or, Best Person of the Week from Baghdad Bob.

Still, it really was a good piece and you did a good job sir.

SilverStar830 on August 13, 2009 at 2:13 PM

This site is not what it used to be or pretended to be .A bunch of RNC, David Brooks,David Frum ,Palin hating, elite Rinos.Good by farewell and Amen .

thmcbb on August 13, 2009 at 2:29 PM

sounded like he was channeling al franken in the first part of the clip. Probably one of his special fiends.

VTWaldrup on August 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I rarely watch Olbermann’s show, but last night my hubby flipped it over right as this came on. My mouth dropped. I was shocked that Olby has any intellectual honesty in him. Congrats, I guess.
While watching Hardball last night, and it’s endless assault on us mob crazies, I thought of a great sign someone could take to the 9/12 rally in DC (check out http://912dc.org/ for more info):
The sign could read “HEY MSNBC: CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?”

MississippiMom on August 13, 2009 at 2:52 PM

It is okay Ed, we still love you.

Terrye on August 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I went back and listened to the ‘Paulnut’ interview with Chris Matthews about his gun because of the question why he was not arrested. It was a great interview. The gun toter stood his ground and Chris Matthews could not de rail him. For instance, Mattthews asked the guy why he carried a sign ‘The Tree of Liberty Must be Watered With the Blood of Tyrants’ to an Obama event. The guy pointed out his signe was The Tree of Liberty Must be Watered a Jefferson quote. Matthews countered for the full quote. The second part of the quote, not on the sign, included the blood of tyrants.

At the end the guy explained he did this to show if liberties are not exercised you will lose them. This relates to the Ed question why the Secret Service did not haul him in. In that state, open gun carrying is allowed. The secret service has to respect state laws (all items not reserved to the state) I assume gun toter could be blocked from entering the event with no problem.

In that interview, the gun toter got his points across, and Matthews got his. Ultimately, those who did not hear the interview, would only see the sign, and the gun, and link the guy with assasination, so to the larger population, the fellow gained little, but to the smaller Matthews audience the guy got a voice he never would have gotten on national tv as a ‘Paulnut’.

Since Paulnuts have been marginalized just like the Healthcare protestors, they do not get to be heard, except for laughs, on the national scene. Healthcare protestors still get voice because FOX and other venues want them heard. That is the difference

The endorsement is something else. Haven’t figured out the purpose. Yet

entagor on August 13, 2009 at 4:04 PM

The Creeping Marxism is infecting our own!

kirkill on August 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Let me clue you in to what Olbermann’s endorsement actually means:

It means that Olbermann regards Ed and HA as so inconsequential nd harmless that regardless of what praise they may heap on your conservative credentials, it will never come back to haunt them politically.

In other words, yes, Olbermann just lit you up as useful RINO idiots.

Khorum on August 13, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Ed, if you don’t feel soiled, I feel soiled FOR you. BRRRRRR! Having Keith “serenade” you? Just ick.

But you know we all love you here on the right side of things. :-) I just wish I didn’t have that image in my mind of Olby hugging you. Ewww!

MsUnderestimated on August 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM

considering how unimportant Countdown is supposed to be… I’m surprised it got a blog post.

But, yes, juxtaposition and whatnot..

What was up with Keith’s voice during his Doocy statement? I refuse to believe that was him trying to imitate Steve since it was so… ‘off the mark’.

Reaps on August 14, 2009 at 5:26 AM

If olbe ranked Ed over Hawking, then he still lives in bizarro/upside down world.
OTOH with all the traffic AP is sending his way, olbe’s hit count is through the roof.

Blacksmith8 on August 14, 2009 at 6:16 AM

Nice. You cut me from the trackbacks. I was there, now I’m gone. What the hell is that about?

TC@LeatherPenguin on August 14, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Ed, you have always been a voice on reason in a world gone mad. I live surrounded by the politically insane. With both educated and uneducated family members who believe GWB is an idiotic evil genius who orchestrated 9/11, who went to Iraq to steal their oil, who was going to declare a national emergency and stop the election of 2008 (oops!), who was causing global warming and causing us to be hated by all the people in the whole world.

You have been me dose of sanity everyday and I don’t need Keith Olberman to tell me that you are an honest political commentator.

Look Right on August 14, 2009 at 9:11 AM

sounds like Losermann is trying to drive a wedge between you and us Ed….trouble is we are loyal and accepting of truth no matter where it comes from. Sometimes I disagree with my “side side” too….Losermann is just gonna have to get over the fact that we still love ya and he sticks sucks donkey balls.

KJW on August 14, 2009 at 1:26 PM

While Ogerman is correct in naming Ed “Best in class”. The left is also going to ask Ogerman for a sample – he must be on drugs or drink.

MSGTAS on August 15, 2009 at 10:20 AM