Video: Democrat can’t stop whining about “political terrorists”

posted at 4:10 pm on August 12, 2009 by Allahpundit

As MKH points out, this isn’t the first time he’s used the term. WaPo quoted him floating it a few days ago and then he repeated it for a TV interview, which his opponents have already turned into the amateur attack ad you’ll find below. It’s not a slip, in other words; this tool has obviously thought it over and decided “political terrorists” is a winning message for his reelection bid next year. And why not? After a few weeks of anti-protester demagoguery, The One’s own ratings on health care have gone from 44/50 to, er … 43/49.

You want to talk political terrorists, champ? Let’s talk about it. Memory lane:

News outlets that are focusing on the incendiary rhetoric of conservatives outside President Obama’s town hall meeting Tuesday ignored the incendiary rhetoric — and even violence — of liberals outside an appearance by former President George W. Bush in 2002.

When Bush visited Portland, Ore., for a fundraiser, protesters stalked his motorcade, assailed his limousine and stoned a car containing his advisers. Chanting “Bush is a terrorist!”, the demonstrators bullied passers-by, including gay softball players and a wheelchair-bound grandfather with multiple sclerosis…

“BUSH: WANTED, DEAD OR ALIVE,” read the placard, which had an X over the word “ALIVE.”

Another poster showed Bush’s face with the words: “F— YOU, MOTHERF—ER!”

A third sign urged motorists to “HONK IF YOU HATE BUSH.” A fourth declared: “CHRISTIAN FASCISM,” with a swastika in place of the letter S in each word…

The angry protest grew so violent that the Secret Service was forced to take the highly unusual step of using a backup route for Bush’s motorcade because the primary route had been compromised by protesters, one of whom pounded his fist on the president’s moving limousine.

All the while, angry demonstrators brandished signs with incendiary rhetoric, such as “9/11 – YOU LET IT HAPPEN, SHRUB,” and “BUSH: BASTARD CHILD OF THE SUPREME COURT.” One sign read: “IMPEACH THE COURT-APPOINTED JUNTA AND THE FASCIST, EGOMANIACAL, BLOOD-SWILLING BEAST!”

Note the date: 2002, one year before the invasion of Iraq. Evidently the fascist egomaniacal blood-swilling in question was a reference to Afghanistan, the war our blessed savior’s been funneling new troops to. Exit question: What does “political terrorist” even mean? Hill can’t seriously be suggesting that he’s literally terrified by the shouting. In which case, what? Are home-field crowds who make noise to try to drown out the opposing QB now “football terrorists” or something? What the hell?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

massrighty on August 12, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Exactly right. Having contacted my “representatives” about various issues over the years, and being frustrated at every turn I know how the town hall attendees feel. Diane DeGette sent me such a load of BS in response to my opposition of crap and trade my head almost exploded. People see how little they think of us, and of course they are mad as hell.

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Oh my. I’ve been a Rotarian for 10 years here in the Houston area. We think VERY differently than those mambi-pambis at that particular meeting. If he’d have been speaking to my club, he’d have been crucified.

We had a community organizer come speak to us last week and it got a bit dicey.

silenced majority on August 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM

If the Co is for Colorado what’s your 20?

thomasaur on August 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Let’s put this in perspective. We all remember a few months ago when the following came out of the White House:

“The President does not describe this as a ‘war on terrorism,’” said John Brennan, head of the White House homeland security office, who outlined a “new way of seeing” the fight against terrorism.
The only terminology that Mr. Brennan said the administration is using is that the U.S. is “at war with al Qaeda.”

So, Congress and the White House show more sensitivity toward al Qaeda then they do to the American people who disagree with them?
Al Qaeda responsible for murdering Americans on 9/11 = Not Terrorists
Americans protesting against this administration = Terrorists

The democrats are insane!

centre on August 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

With the blatant and widepread voter fraud that occurred in the last election; with the funny business with Doodad Pro and other Obama micro-donors; with Billions given to ACORN and the unions; with DOJ dismissing voter-intimidation cases they had already won;with Courts striking down voter ID requirements; with Dems including illegal aliens in the census and doing everything in their power to obstruct any and all border enforcement – my question is this:

Will democracy still be operative by November 2010? I would not be surprised to wake up the day after the election to find the Democrats have kept and even increased their majority.

When “elected” officials act as if their constiuents’ concerns don’t matter, you have to wonder if there’s something else going on that keeps them from being openly worried about keeping their seats.

Steve H in AZ on August 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM

thomasaur on August 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Denver, completely surrounded-if you know what I mean.

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Although, we had a really decent turnout for the April tea party.

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Denver, completely surrounded-if you know what I mean.

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:24 PM

The only good thing about being in the major metropolitan areas is that you are closer to the gatherings. I’m in CB and at least 4 hrs away from the get togethers.

thomasaur on August 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM

thomasaur on August 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM

It has that benefit, and then there are the neighbors who quit talking to us because of our election yard signs. Typical liberal hypocrites. lol

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I don’t know about you…but this fly’s in the face of everything Ive ever been told about Representative Democracy.

How has our country allowed these representatives and Senators become such an elitist and ruling class that they will not even fulfill the duties of their office and meet with their “boss”? How about you telling your boss that you are too scared to meet with him to get his opinion on your job performance because he is an Employee Terrorist? ABSURD!

johng on August 12, 2009 at 5:31 PM

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Stories like that remind me of the old Irish prayer;
“Lord, care for those who love us. As for those who hate us, Lord, turn their ankles, so we’ll know them by their limping.”

If I had neighbors who cold-shouldered me because of a yard-sign, I’d count my blessings – now you know who the intolerant jerks in the neighborhood are.

massrighty on August 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I’m 1/2 mile away from my closest neighbor but Crested Butte is like Berkeley, Eugene and Boulder all rolled in one.

thomasaur on August 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Would that the folks on this website had been so diligent about protecting themselves from the intrusion of the government snoops when Bush was snooping into your private phone calls, your e-mails, what library books you checked out, etc…

If our health care were being attacked by Islamofascists, would you be in favor of health care reform THEN?

bschmalfeldt on August 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM

bschmalfeldt on August 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Arguements assembled of straw blow away with the slightest gust.

thomasaur on August 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM

bschmalfeldt on August 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Please provide evidence from credible sources, with links, to support your claim that any of these intrusions actually happened.

Use words carefully; what is currently being called “health care reform” is actually the systematic destruction of a health care system that provides world class care to everyone.

There are sensible changes that could be made to the method of paying for health care.

None of these sensible changes are even being considered in the multiple bills being worked on in the house and senate.

massrighty on August 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM

thomasaur on August 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I feel your pain.

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM

massrighty on August 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Amen to that wonderful Irish prayer, LOL. That was an easy way to find out who the jerks are. My next-door neighbors were Obama fans too, but they never stopped talking to us over it.

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Gotta go for now-it was good to converse with all of you.

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Gotta go for now-it was good to converse with all of you.

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:42 PM

See you next time, and welcome, again!

massrighty on August 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome! Catch you later.

KateinCo on August 12, 2009 at 5:44 PM

bschmalfeldt on August 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Checking….wait….checking……nope.

If the NSA snooped on me they found out I’m a smelly old Texan and went hunting elsewhere.

If BarryCare passes they will find out I’m a smelly old Texan and offer me your money to buy deodorant.

Limerick on August 12, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Just to add to the unreality of it all….The Washington Post itself leaves up reader comments about Bush and Cheney saying “Kill him! Kil-l-l-l-l-l him! Kill their children! …ungooaghhh!” I find it bizarre and gigantically hypocritical that – even as the WaPo tacitly endorses bloodthirsty, utterly lunatic comments against Bush, Cheney and other conservatives – that they’re okay with pushing the Dem/media left narrative that town hall protests are a bunch of astroturfing Nazis. By the way, they cheerfully delete right-leaning comments under any pretext, no matter how flimsy.

We live in interesting times.

Django on August 12, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I hope this egg-sucking weasel is afraid — concerning his chances for reelection. For some, losing a cushy job in Washington is apparently a fate far worse than death.

gryphon202 on August 12, 2009 at 5:52 PM

I’m going to call Rep. Hill a “political child molester”. See, it’s “political” so it’s all good.

Lehosh on August 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM

bschmalfeldt on August 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM

By “themselves” you of course mean “The Holy Land Foundation”, “suspected terrorists”, and “people making strange calls into Pakistan and the Palestinian Territories”.

Lehosh on August 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Politicians are such p*ssies anymore. I can remember 1969, this ain’t nothin compared to that.

Terrye on August 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I know this is silly but every time I hear his name I think of a robber baron, really.

ginaswo on August 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Just remember that when a Democrat Congresscritter talks about wanting to make sure that his/her “real constituents” are represented, that’s a code phrase for the Public Labor Unions and the Leftist ACORN groups that got them into political power…not the average hoi poloi voter…

EasyEight on August 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Terrye on August 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Speaking of 1969 I hope we get a thread for the 40 anniversary of Ted Kennedy is one of the greatest shows of cowardliness,killed Mary Jo Kopeckne.

Jeff from WI on August 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Jeff from WI on August 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM

And members of the Dem party have the gall to call proud Americans terrorists and they have Ted in their party . Fargin outrageous.

CWforFreedom on August 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM

bschmalfeldt on August 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM

What a dicotemy of thought you have going on there. I have to think hard to remember hearing a lib use the word Islamofascist in sentence that didn’t include the beginning – ‘There is no such thing as an’.

Sporty1946 on August 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM

We may be short on “representation” but we still have some “democracy”. These neo-feudal lords need to be voted out of office and replaced. We can, and should. 2010 coming up fast. Don’t get fooled again.

Kenosha Kid on August 12, 2009 at 6:27 PM

they can call republicans and conservatives “terrorists” but they wont call Islamic Jihadi’s “terrorists”… Hmmmmm

Why are conservatives now the new enemy? are they considered worse than even Al-Qaeda..? IF so Obama is worse than Hitler.. :)

ConsRed on August 12, 2009 at 6:28 PM

bschmalfeldt on August 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Wasn’t snoopin’ on mine.

Never made a call to anyone in the Middle East, nor from the Middle East, or to or from any other area of interest.

Never used the words jihad or any other flagged terms or even my most rudimentary Arabic on any phone call.

Never sent an email to an overseas addee, especially in areas of interest.

As for the library…ours does not use the net to track usage. we walk in and have to sing for the book(s).

Do you honestly believe the Bush Administration snooped on you?

Why?

Then you are saying that there are millions and millions and millions of Americans working for NSA, the FBI, CIA with no other task than to try to snoop in on several billion electronically transmitted communications every hour in America.

Now, does that make any sense at all?

Take your meds. Take a nap.

coldwarrior on August 12, 2009 at 6:42 PM

have to sing for the book(s).

I’ll sing for my supper, but won’t sing for a library book.

…sign for a book(s)

coldwarrior on August 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Niteowl45 on August 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Niteowl45, welcome to Hot Air! Good to have you here. I hope you won’t be offended if I quote the gospel of Luke:

I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. — <Luke 15:7 (New International Version)

Here in southern California, where I was still seeing Gore/Lieberman 2000 bumper stickers as recently as last November, the Obama stickers are ever so quietly falling off the bumpers. You are not alone in rethinking your support, and I, for one, applaud your honesty. I hope you’ll stick around this crazy place!

Mary in LA on August 12, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I listened to ABC Radio Network news this morning. The reporter said, quote:”AARP is buying commercial time to DEBUNK THE MYHTS being spread about health care reform.”

This “news” agency took it upon itself to push the Obama talking points as fact, and those who oppose him as myth-tellers. To hell with the media.

leftnomore on August 12, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Too bad Indianapolis Rotary members had to get into the Health Scam mess. I may have to think twice about paying my dues.

yoda on August 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM

So sad; too bad!

BobAnthony on August 12, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Obama’s team has outlawed the word terrorism and replaced it with “man made catastrophe” which, oddly enough, sounds just right for his ObamaCare.

RJL on August 12, 2009 at 7:33 PM

If he can’t stand the heat he should get out of the Congress.

eaglewingz08 on August 12, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Baron Hill is a despicable political hack. I usually keep my politics to myself, but calling dissenting Americans “terrorists” was too much for me. This got me off the bench and into the game. I wonder how many fellow Americans are finding their political legs for the first time.

cvictor on August 12, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I just feel as if I have fallen “through the looking glass”. I have a hard time time with the knowledge that they really think that what they (libs) are spewing,

Queeniehill on August 12, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I’m tired of people telling me how “scared” I am.

roasted7 on August 12, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Send this tool — and any others who fail to meet their constituents in open public debate — a bag of candy corn, the preferred food of elected chickens everywhere.

ya2daup on August 12, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Jeff from WI on August 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Sorry, Jeff; that one came and went (coincident with the Apollo 11 anniversary.)

Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment.

massrighty on August 12, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Unfortunately, Hill is my “representative.” To avoid us “political terrorists” he has decreed that all of his town meetings will be “unannounced” which means the press is notified shortly before one is to take place so they can show up and see the crowd that suddenly forms, very mysteriously consisting exclusively of ardent Hill supporters. One such meeting was held in my county yesterday and I knew nothing about it till it was on the news. The arrogance and elitism of these guys!

jedipastor on August 12, 2009 at 10:39 PM

cvictor on August 12, 2009

Many of us, I pray. I told my congressman that while I have always been politically vocal, I have never been politically active. Now I am. I may not be able to change things on my own, but I will not owe an apology to future generations for doing nothing while freedom slipped into a coma.

SKYFOX on August 13, 2009 at 8:42 AM

We here in Southern Indiana are doing everything to insure that this so called “Blue Dog” will never represent us again. He’s a chicken—- and a liar. He is just another Pelosi and Reid lap dog! We’ve had enough!

rook105 on August 13, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I might add that Hill also voted for Cap & Trade even though something like 96-98% of Hoosier energy is derived from Coal. He’s my Congressman and he needs to go.

Todd Young may be the Republican to come out of the primary to square off against Hill. Young is a Naval Academy grad, former Marine Corps officer, University of Chicago MBA and JD from Indiana University. Young also has a blog that lambastes wasteful govt spending.

Hill has deep pockets so any support, financial or otherwise would be greatly appreciated.

R Square on August 13, 2009 at 12:39 PM

He better be careful, or someone will begin calling him,

Barren Hull” . . .