More Obama: My plan might stop doctors from cutting off your foot

posted at 10:14 pm on August 11, 2009 by Allahpundit

Townhall’s trying to turn this into a sequel to the now-legendary tonsils soundbite from his presser a few weeks ago. I don’t think it’s that bad — he’s not accusing doctors of trying to cash in on unnecessary amputations, merely emphasizing that we need to create better incentives to address medical problems early — but it is weird that this guy keeps coming back to amputated body parts when talking about this. The two goals of ObamaCare as I understand it are making sure everyone has access to treatment generally and (giggle) reducing overall federal health-care spending. I didn’t realize there was an epidemic of people losing appendages that’s driving the urgency, but there you have it.

Oh, and as for his hosannas about preventative care: You know the drill by now.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Bill Ayers is just a guy in my neighborhood.

I never heard the Reverend say any of those things.

I am a religious man and am at church 2-3 times monthly for the past 20 years.

BillaryMcBush on August 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM

The Only time he isn’t lying is when his race baiting big fat mouth is shut.

BillaryMcBush on August 12, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I was gonna carve a swastika in her forehead but i would have had to remove the wrinkles to get space.

Pass it around.

BillaryMcBush on August 12, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I’m still waiting to see the 30 seconds after this cuts off where he starts laughing that he was able to actually spout off such a load of crap with a straight face.

I’m pretty sure being a lawyer himself, he realizes that if a doctor mistreats a patient in the early stages of diabetes and the foot etc ends up being amputated that the doctor better pay up his malpractice insurance premiums because he is about to be taken to the cleaners and perhaps have his license revoked.

Does he REALLY believe doctors don’t try to do all they can to prevent a loss of a foot? REALLY? It’s seriously insulting.

Does he also believe that paying these same doctors 1/16 what they make now will suddenly make them that much better? Idiot.

MannyT-vA on August 12, 2009 at 6:49 PM

OGawd! Is this guy stupid!

SlammieJo on August 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM

“I have a gift, Harry.”
–Barack Obama

Rae on August 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM

What’s next, circumcisions? I can hear Obama now:

National Health Care Insurance Reform will largely put an end to this painful and usually expensive procedure.

As my good friend Rev. Wright told me, this a myth perpetrated by Joooooos as a way of lining the pockets of mohels around the world. We just want to keep the gynecologists honest and discourage any unnecessary surgeries when you can accomplish the same thing for a few dollars with a box of Q-Tips.

Besides, why cut part of it off before you even know how big it’s going to get? [laughter]

Obama, what a schmuck!