Tsongas: I won’t take ObamaCare because I have better options

posted at 8:48 am on August 10, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Rep. Niki Tsongas (D-MA) manages to answer the question that Keith Ellison (D-MN) and the rest of her Obama-care supporting colleagues in both the House and Senate have avoided. The crowd, however, didn’t like the response very much, and lets Tsongas know it. At about the four-minute mark, one of Tsongas’ peons constitutents asks Tsongas whether she will commit to adopting ObamaCare for her own coverage and give up her so-called “Cadillac” or “gold-played” Congressional coverage, and that’s when Tsongas suddenly becomes concerned with protecting choice (via the boss):

CONSTITUENT: My question to you, Congresswoman Tsongas, is that if this is such a great plan, why did you opt out of it when you took the vote [loud applause, standing ovation]?

TSONGAS: People often say why don’t the American people have what those of us in Congress have. [Audience erupts] Let me explain what I have. Let me explain what I have. What I have is a tremendous array — you know, last year when I went to a discussion — what I have is a tremendous array of choices. And I made a choice based on what I was willing to pay for and what made sense in terms of coverage for me and my family. [Audience shouts out: "We want choice! We want choice!] This is essentially what we are creating for the American people. We are creating greater choice.

[Smattering of applause overwhelmed by boos.]

No, Representative Tsongas, you’re not creating choice.  You’re restricting choice, both explicitly and implicitly.  The ObamaCare bill explicitly forces private insurers into conformity in dictating coverages in order to qualify under state “exchanges”, which greatly reduces choice and will almost certainly wipe out at least some existing private plans.  Implicitly, the public option will undercut private insurers and give businesses a chance to opt out of providing coverage at all — which means as many as 83 million Americans will lose their insurance in the first ten years.  Thanks to the rules set up by ObamaCare, those people will have no choice at all but to take the public option.

But who won’t have to worry about losing their insurance?  Congress, of course.  They get to set the rules to ensure that ObamaCare applies to us but not to them.  Reminds one of royalty does it not?  That’s why the Tea Parties have become so popular these days, and one of many reasons why ObamaCare offends the sensibilities of Americans.

This axiom applies: Beware the cook who won’t eat his own food. Perhaps the best way to make that clear to Tsongas is to get her out of Congress and make sure she loses that Congressional coverage as fast as possible.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It’s almost like these representatives haven’t read the bill and have no idea what’s in it.

Either that or they’re just lying. I’m not sure which is worse.

BadgerHawk on August 10, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Of course, no private insurer will ever drop the Federal Employees program, even if they end up losing millions on it and they drop most other policyholders. So Congress and the rest of the federal work force will almost certainly end up with vastly better coverage at lower cost than the rest of us.

rockmom on August 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Arrrgh! The overbearing arrogance of the Administration and Congress will be their undoing. They are trying to act like we are already divided into the Government and the Proletariat. Their problem is that The Sleeping giant is awakening.

kingsjester on August 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Here is MY demand:

No plan that does not include Obama, his family, and every member of Congress past and present should ever be passed.

drjohn on August 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM

BadgerHawk on August 10, 2009 at 8:52 AM

They are lying. Even if they haven’t read the bill, they still know what is in it.

ladyingray on August 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM

ayrab on August 10, 2009 at 8:55 AM

“ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS”

- Orwell

ayrab on August 10, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Sounds good to me. sarc/
A little OT, but Nasty and Steny are getting reamed in the comment section for their little tantrum. These people are incredibly stupid and elitist. They think they are in DC through Divine Intervention.

bloggless on August 10, 2009 at 8:56 AM

vote her out……period

marktarheel on August 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM

she did what the demonrats do best, not answer the question.

SHARPTOOTH on August 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Indefensible.

Maybe she should have insulted the voters more in order to divert attention from her lousy answer.

forest on August 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Either that or they’re just lying. I’m not sure which is worse.

BadgerHawk on August 10, 2009 at 8:52 AM

I think that most of them are simply taking what is in the bill at face value and not thinking through the logical impact of its various provisions in the real world marketplace. Congress does this all the time. For example, a few years back when they jacked up the luxury tax and ended up putting hundreds of yacht builders out of business. Or in 1986, when they eliminated the passive loss deduction for commercial real estate which ended up causing the S&L crisis and a recession.

Whenever Congress hears from business that any legislation will hurt them, a lot of them tend to just dismiss it as special interest whining – and sometimes they are right, but a lot of the time they are wrong. And they are very, very wrong here.

rockmom on August 10, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Hey, Congresswoman Tsongas:

The American people gave you that choice and they can take it away. If the scheme being put forward by the filthy liar in the White House and your corrupt party is all about giving the public more choice, it is time that your gold-plated health plan be folded into the mix with all the groundlings you people so despise.

highhopes on August 10, 2009 at 8:58 AM

choice for me, not for thee

weewilly on August 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM

This axiom applies: Beware the cook who won’t eat his own food.

Amen.

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM

I think I’ve figured it out.The actual bills are written by a secret group of Communist Hippie Anarchists that debut each bill to the DEM Congresspeople and Senators at a sprouts & tofu lunch where each representative is given their talking points, but really have no idea of what the bill contains.

Jeff from WI on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

when the House was considering this bill long before the recess started, i read that Congress wrote (maybe in a separate bill that could have already passed), that they were exempt from any Deathcare bill reqmts.

so that’s why no congressman wants to answer the question. because they have already protected themselves.

kelley in virginia on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

We all know that no matter how much Ted Kennedy is rotting from within, he will get state of the art treatment. Us, not so much.

bloggless on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

If the Congress gets coverage from private insurers and those insurers go out of business, will we have to foot the bill for their continued “Cadillac” coverage through our taxes or “contributions”? I don’t see them losing their coverage the way that we will. They won’t stand for that. It has to come from somewhere.

SKYFOX on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Aristocrats never suffer the realities that they inflict on the mere mortals that carry their worthless dead a$$es.

doriangrey on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

When I saw this, I said that she, like most everyone, has better choices today. The problem with Obamacare doesn’t come in the first five years of the plan, but when the thing starts to drive private insurers out after 2013. So when she or any other Dem politician says they have better options, that’s a true statement – today. The better question to ask is the one asked of Obama: Would you commit to keeping your family in that system, even if it refused treatment to one of them?

Kafir on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

What folks don’t understand is that there is no “Congressional Plan”. As I understand it, Congress is under the FEHB Plan. same as all Feds. It is a wrapper around a set of private insurance like BC/BS. Now the split from Employer (75%)/ employee (25%) is generous (at least compared to my firms 60/40, but I have BC/BS same as my Fed wife.

So as Obamacare increases the cost of private insurance and reduces the number of qualifying plans down to one version it will inherently make the same impacts on the FEHBP. Now perhaps the Feds will go 90/10, but the underlying impacts on BC/BS will hit them as well.

the drill sgt on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

choice for me, not for thee

weewilly on August 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM

bingo

cmsinaz on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Jeff from WI on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Finally, you say something that makes sense.

bloggless on August 10, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Why does Tsongas, et.al. assume they will still be in office to benefit from their Cadillac plan? That seems to be a serious mis-calculation imo. Or do they keep those plans for life?

JiangxiDad on August 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Ed:

If possible, you should post a companion clip from Huckabee’s show this past weekend. Huckabee read essentially the same question to Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA), and her evasiveness is unbelievable. I guarantee that anyone watching the clip of her answer will demand a different form of reform. She was awful.

BuckeyeSam on August 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM

The state of Massachusetts should be prevented from sending ANYONE to Congress until they stop electing idiots like Tsongas and Kennedy. There should be a rule you need a brain to be elected. Of course, that might entail re-electing 90% of Congress, but that’s fine with me. The present one is a disaster all-round. And we’re paying for it.

bradley11 on August 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM

choice for me, not for thee

weewilly on August 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM

How about we just move all politicians to the head of the death panel list, express line, no waiting, a mandatory visit from Dr. Jack Kevorkian as soon as they sign this bill.

doriangrey on August 10, 2009 at 9:04 AM

the drill sgt on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I wondered that myself since my husband is under that FED plan (retired)…you don’t think that they will exempt FEHBP from these bills?

cmsinaz on August 10, 2009 at 9:04 AM

As another commenter said, as long as ALL gov’t employees (retirees included) are on the same gov’t plan,we don’t have to worry too much.

JiangxiDad on August 10, 2009 at 9:04 AM

BuckeyeSam on August 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Buckeye, I literally thought she had some kind of mental deficit.

bloggless on August 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Kafir on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Oh! I think the better question answered in the negative by the filthy liar in the White House is “Will you enroll in the plan you are touting?” Ed’s got it right. Why should the public trust a plan that Congress refuses to foist on themselves.

highhopes on August 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Congress has always had a slight (sacrasm free of charge) leaning toward ‘do you know who I am?’

Reps tend to feel entitled (there’s that word again, interesting) because they are ‘public servants’ – interestingly, the current set up is more like the old fashioned plantations. Which is to say, Congress and the President are owners, and ‘we the people’ have no individual pronoun – we are slaves. We will do as they dictate, and we will rejoice for their benevolence.

Of course, just like the old plantations, the owners do not abide by the slave rules, that would be an unsufferable indignity. They are owners – they are above such things.

Meanwhile, the slaves that obey their rules, play their game and do their chores best (read as the poor, the bureaucrats & and the useful parts of the party machine aka Community Activists) live a cushier life. You’ll notice that something around 40% of American Society are paying no taxes. Taxes are the master’s whip. Benefits are the master’s carrot.

I don’t imagine it takes more than a few days to become accustomed to being the master – so it’s no shock that Nikki “do you know who my husband was” Tsongas would embrace a spoils system that so greatly favors her well-healed arse.

WashingtonsWake on August 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Here is MY demand:

drjohn on August 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Mine too. Who the hell do they think they are, royalty or something? One plan for us but another plan for them is completely, totally, unequivocally unacceptable.

petefrt on August 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM

JiangxiDad on August 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I wondered that as well….are they considered retired FED employees?

cmsinaz on August 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

guess what? in my little county of pop 10,000 (& i think that includes the prison), our cong, Dem Tom Perriello, 5th CD Va., has moved his “one on one” to another town.

he moved it from an auditorium to a small restaurant with just one room.

huh.

kelley in virginia on August 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

doriangrey on August 10, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Teddy Kennedy and Robert Byrd most certainly are long overdue for their end-of-life counseling sessions.

highhopes on August 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Why are these people not being targeted like AIG execs? Same greed and elitism, different subject matter. This should invoke class envy like it’s never been seen before. Why aren’t the Greyhound buses heading for her house?

sherry on August 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Reading her quoted response I could have sworn tht I was reading a quote from Bury.

thomasaur on August 10, 2009 at 9:07 AM

huh.

kelley in virginia on August 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Pitchfork and torch time… Or tar and feathers, your choice…

doriangrey on August 10, 2009 at 9:07 AM

kelley in virginia on August 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

He’s a coward.

OT but did you see that Deeds has decided to go on the attack over abortion? Is that really an issue that will light the fire under his campaign? I have my doubts.

highhopes on August 10, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Buckeye, I literally thought she had some kind of mental deficit.

bloggless on August 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM

She answered a second question, which I can’t recall, but I just remember thinking, “WTF? This woman is a moron and a joke.”

BuckeyeSam on August 10, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Simple question: If the Democrat Congress put together a private business, would anyone invest their money into it?

Democrats are as dumb as posts, they are thoroughly corrupt and completely incompetent.

In short, the whole lot of them couldn’t run a lemonade stand properly.

Yet we allow these idiot clowns to make laws the rest of us have to live by?

Unbelievable.

NoDonkey on August 10, 2009 at 9:09 AM

highhopes on August 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Oh the list is soooo much longer than that, Pelosi, Reid, Murtha, Rangle, Spector, Boxer Durbin… It just goes on and on…

doriangrey on August 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM

No, Representative Tsongas, you’re not creating choice. You’re restricting choice …

Not really – they’re exterminating choice.

HondaV65 on August 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM

highhopes on August 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

In line behind them should be Pelosi and Hoyer, Pelosi’s plastic surgery notwithstanding.

BuckeyeSam on August 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Here is MY demand:

drjohn on August 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM

YES! This is the ONE question we must PRESS on every member of congress, “Will you accept the public option?” If they say “No,” They we must DEMAND they vote NO!
Public option = no other option, eventually.

rebuzz on August 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Hahaha. I think Levin said that not only does Congress have superior healthcare, they are escorted to their appointments. No fumbling around looking for the right building, entrance,floor, or office. And your escort waits for you.

Blake on August 10, 2009 at 9:11 AM

At least she is holding a town hall. I can’t even get one in Minnesota anymore. Missed McCollum’s (my rep) in July and Keith Ellison’s in August. I am thinking that their are not going to be anymore here in Minnesota. Especially around the Metro area.

closetgop on August 10, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Personally, I don’t like this argument.

Even if these azzclown all said they would sign up for it, it’s still bad legislation, and a horrible direction for our country.

cntrlfrk on August 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I went on to watch a little more of the clip and noted an Obamabot use “bulls***” against his opposition in the audience. Doubt if he was part of the “mob” if an armed guard would not have grabbed the microphone out of his hands.

Marcus on August 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

highhopes on August 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

BuckeyeSam on August 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM

THe afterlife is “Warming up in the bullpen” for all of thosde mentioned.

Jeff from WI on August 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I’ll also add this …

When I was a Command Master Chief in the Navy – and they told us we had to take the Anthrax vaccine …

I told my crew they had to take it …

Then I placed myself FIRST IN LINE to be vaccinated.

If Congress thinks this is a swell idea – they should be the first to take this medicine and set an example for the American people.

HondaV65 on August 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

JiangxiDad on August 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Lifetime, Baby.

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Notice all of the pro socialist health care signs are printed/duplicated. The pro-freedom signs are written by themselves.

jeffn21 on August 10, 2009 at 9:13 AM

So one day a guy discovers Obamacare won’t help him recover from a condition the current system would. The feds basically tell him to drop dead. He’s not worth the expense.

And these Congresscritters don’t think that this guy and many like him just might decide that since Obamacare is going to kill him he will eliminate those who voted in Obamacare? Why not take out your killer before he takes you out? – For revenge and for the good of society.

If I were a Congresscritter, I’d be terrified of this possibility – er, probability.

Josiah on August 10, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Kudos to Tsongas for at least being honest about her own health care choice.

But a much bigger boo for her wanting to restrict the serfs’ and peasants’ choice.

rbj on August 10, 2009 at 9:14 AM

No doubt she got where she is because she’s related to Paul Tax-on-gas…?

jgapinoy on August 10, 2009 at 9:14 AM

She hasn’t even read the bill, she’s just read the email with the talking points. The erroneous talking points.

citrus on August 10, 2009 at 9:15 AM

That town hall was full of “sshhhhh-ing librarians??? The pro health care folks were springin leaks all through out…

Ozprey on August 10, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Speaking of better options: “With Government-Run Health Care on the Horizon, U.S. Doctors Report Surge in Requests for Species-Change Operations” http://optoons.blogspot.com/2009/08/with-government-run-health-care-on.html

Mervis Winter on August 10, 2009 at 9:16 AM

JiangxiDad on August 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Lifetime, Baby.

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

We are being ruled by an oligarchy of the political privilged — “Storm the Bastille!!”

rebuzz on August 10, 2009 at 9:16 AM

BuckeyeSam on August 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM

doriangrey on August 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM

You guys are in synch this morning.

I don’t know if you saw the clip or not but John Dingell has been in Congress since 1955 and has pretty much been a rabid socialist all that time. His town hall where the yelling occurred was litterally the same arrogance shown by Ms. Tsongas. He didn’t want to hear what the people had to say about the topic, he acted as if he was holding court to lecture the masses about some royal edict. He definitely is ready for some end-of-life counseling.

highhopes on August 10, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Personally, I don’t like this argument.

cntrlfrk on August 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Don’t worry about it. They will never give up their own plan because it is superior. It’s the same reason why we won’t give up our own plans – its superior to obamacare.

Blake on August 10, 2009 at 9:17 AM

jeffn21 on August 10, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Astroturf!!! BUT will the MSM ever point that out? (Don’t hold your breath!)

rebuzz on August 10, 2009 at 9:18 AM

JiangxiDad on August 10, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Federal employees had a great retirement plan until Social Security started getting into a pinch, the the government switched all of the new incoming employees to Social Security. Don’t get me wrong, they can still pay into a great retirement plan but it is above and beyond Social Security. You know, like the rest of us. Another instance of the husband being in the right place at the right time, he has the old retirement plan. I believe Congress will find a way to seperate themselves from other federal employees.

Cindy Munford on August 10, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I do believe their arrogance is showing.

wildcat84 on August 10, 2009 at 9:19 AM

HondaV65 on August 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Congress leading by example? What a novel idea.

Like your Anthrax example, it would be the perfect display of senior leadership doing what they are preaching.

highhopes on August 10, 2009 at 9:20 AM

HondaV65 on August 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Yes, that’s the way to lead. That’s why Marine Officers place the enlisted men first in the chow line.

Congress doesn’t see themselves as serving us, they are our lords and masters.

Makes me wonder why we even got rid of the monarchy.

We could have inbred, worthless idiots for life governing us WITHOUT elections, why bother going to the polling places?

NoDonkey on August 10, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Cindy Munford on August 10, 2009 at 9:19 AM

that’s what I’m afraid of….

*sigh*

cmsinaz on August 10, 2009 at 9:21 AM

drjohn is right on

Stand up for your rights

Equalize the playing field.

Replace your traitor congressman or woman with new blood and new ideas.

Stop Obama before he destroys this country.

Send Rahm and Axelrod to prison with all Acorn supporters.

Send the attorney general to prison for obstructing justice.

When you see a sponsor of media that is aiding and abetting in destroying your lives and choice boycott them by not buying their products and telling them so by mail.

Insist that the federal government balance the budget as they would have you do by making sacrifices and stop spending money they do not have.

The president and congress insurance program to be decided by referendum of the American voter and not my themselves

Stop the appoitment of csars by the president without congressional approval.

Repeal any Cap & Trade legislation

take back American and put the decision making in the hands of the people not the politicians and the media.

bluegrass on August 10, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I do believe their arrogance is showing.

wildcat84 on August 10, 2009 at 9:19 AM

That’s what most shocks me. They don’t even bother hiding their arrogance these days- even bragging about not reading the legislation that affects virtually every American. I swear to God that Congressional approval numbers are going to be in the single digits very quickly at this rate.

highhopes on August 10, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Her husband is rolling in his grave:

He was especially known for his pro-business economic policies.

Tsongas was often criticized by his opponents as a Reaganomics-style politician, who was closer to Republicans in this matter. In the mid 1980s he shocked many of the members of the Americans for Democratic Action by telling them that they should focus more on economic growth than wealth redistribution.

MadisonConservative on August 10, 2009 at 9:24 AM

It’s like watching a building implode in slow motion. Waterloo.

SouthernGent on August 10, 2009 at 9:24 AM

As of October 1, 2007, 435 retired Members of Congress were receiving federal
pensions based fully or in part on their congressional service. Of this number, 286
had retired under CSRS and were receiving an average annual pension of $63,696.

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 9:26 AM

SKYFOX on August 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Like I said, no insurer will dare to drop the FEHB, even if they lose millions on it. “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you,” in other words. There are also millions of state and local government employees who will be exempt from Obamacare as well. There will definitely be private insurers who will keep offering coverage them because it is a huge market. The only people who really will end up keeping their private insurance are government employees.

rockmom on August 10, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Unbelievable

Man 2010 is going to be a big sh!tstorm

Can’t wizzait

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Unbelievable

Man 2010 is going to be a big sh!tstorm

Can’t wizzait

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Morning, Sunshine!

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Morning, Sunshine!

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Top O’ the morning. Today I am 22. The most useless of all birthdays. Hope you are feeling better.

Don’t let Obama get you down. I smell a Clintonian turn of events come 2010. He will have to deal with a Republican congress. People won’t like the Democrats controlling everything.

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:34 AM

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Happy Birthday. 22 isn’t useless, by the way. Your sexual prime is still going(though we all know you’ve got as much tail as AP). 26 is the true bottom.

MadisonConservative on August 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM

More choices pour moi, no choice for the riffraff.

It’s right in the Constitution! It’s carved into the Lincoln Memorial! This is what Americans have fought and died for, for generations!

And if you oppose it, you’re un-American!

Loxodonta on August 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Today I am 22.

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:34 AM

How many in human years?

Loxodonta on August 10, 2009 at 9:37 AM

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Happy Birthday! Other than being exhausted this morning, I am good. I have come back in off the ledge. I am just going to look forward to 9/12 and raising some Un-American Hell in DC.

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 9:37 AM

the reason they wont offer uw the Fed plan is they took a look and it is too expensive, b/c they actually you know GIVE CARE shockah! the US Postal Workers get that plan. It is a damned good plan, SEIU gets it too I believe. SEIU will unionize hospital workers and THEY will get the good congressional plan like the post office which just LOST ANOTHER 6 Billion, and we will get the shaft and rationed to support their massive pay hikes year after year

\NO THANK YOU CONGRESS. take that plan and shove it, la la la

ginaswo on August 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM

MadisonConservative on August 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Thanks! AP actually offered to take me out for some whaling and Appletinis this evening. Really nice of him to offer that.

Loxodonta on August 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM

If Congress can’t have it’s healthcare, we’re unAmerican!

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM

happy birthday blue!

ginaswo on August 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Loxodonta on August 10, 2009 at 9:37 AM

I know I’m 7 in un-American years

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM

26 is the true bottom.

MadisonConservative on August 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Maybe you bottomed out at 26, but not me!

Loxodonta on August 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM

MadisonConservative on August 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM

You are insane.

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I know I’m 7 in un-American years

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Then you’re still a little baby kitty! Still weaning!

Loxodonta on August 10, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Maybe you bottomed out at 26, but not me!

Loxodonta on August 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Thank goodness that’s not true for all.

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 9:40 AM

MadisonConservative on August 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM

You are insane.

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Keep digging, Madison. Show BB how it’s done.

Loxodonta on August 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Maybe you bottomed out at 26, but not me!

Loxodonta on August 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM

I can’t even count to 26.

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Was there a specific amendment that was proposed letting congressmen opt out of ObamaCare or are the people that say this referring to the general vote?

If it was a specific amendment, I’d like to find out how my rep voted. Thanks.

Abby Adams on August 10, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I can’t believe utter chutzpah of this woman!

Na na na na naaa naaaa
I have good healthcare and you dooo noooo-ooottttt

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Sadly this bonehead is my congressional Rep.

She lies and misdirects.

She is supposed to have another Towh Hall tomorrow, and I will be there to ask:

When I wrote to you to state my concern over the stimulus
bill, you wrote me a letter saying that the
“non-partisan” Congressional Budget Office had run the
numbers, and that they said the bill was OK. Well, the
CBO has run the numbers on the health bill and they say
it will generate trillions in deficit spending. How do
you respond to this financial reality? You can’t claim
the CBO’s support on one bill, and then discount them
when they disagree with you.

I wonder what kind of answer I’ll get. An honest one? Not likely….

sultanp on August 10, 2009 at 9:42 AM

blatantblue on August 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Fat chicks need love too! But they gotta PAY!

You are insane.

TXMomof3 on August 10, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Hey, at 25 you can look forward to your car insurance rates dropping. After that, there’s nothing left.

MadisonConservative on August 10, 2009 at 9:42 AM

If the government is going to force private insurers to issue “one size fits all” coverages that include expensive procedures such as in-vitro fertilization, while at the same time forcing private insurers to insure all applicants, regardless of whether or not they have expensive-to-treat preexisting conditions, then we’re either going to see private insurance premiums skyrocket, or private insurers are going to go out of business. As I understand the current bills, the private insurers are subject to some sort of cap on how much they can increase premiums. Therefore, it appears their only real option will be to shut down.

AZCoyote on August 10, 2009 at 9:42 AM