Protester: My family was threatened after I spoke up at Dingell town hall

posted at 5:05 pm on August 10, 2009 by Allahpundit

That’s what you get for being un-American, pal. Someone in the comments to our Headlines item on Pelosi’s and Hoyer’s op-ed this morning suggested it was part of a wink-wink-nudge-nudge scheme by Democrats to legitimize violence against protesters. I won’t go that far — questioning her opponents’ patriotism is actually par for the course for Madam Speaker — but it truly is amazing to think how many “climate of hate” pieces have been written about the right’s rhetorical excesses vis-a-vis the near total pass the left’s gotten over the past week. We’ve had congressmen screeching about “political terrorists,” “brown shirts,” and “rabid animals,” Senators denouncing “un-American” activities, the DNC running ads about “angry mobs,” the president himself telling his opponents to shut up and get out of the way, and the Democratic brain trust now setting up a “war room” to respond to health-care “attacks.” Glenn Beck’s said repeatedly on his show that he supports nonviolent resistance only, but a fat lot of good that’s done him with liberals more interested in the “subtext” of his messaging; pray tell, what “subtext” should we glean from the dehumanizing venom being spit by the Democratic leadership over the past 10 days?

Be happy, I guess, that they’ve finally found a war they can support unequivocally, where for once there’s no need to ponder the “root causes” that alienated the other side.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

April – Allow me to tell you that I will pray for your situation. However, also allow me to share a couple of truths with you. Being rude and condescending does not endear yourself to people. Capitalism always succeeds. Socialism always fails. Through capitalism, the problems with the insurance companies can be hammered out. A sweeping Socialist plan like this will remake America into a unrecognizable European nation. This bill is not about Healthcare Reform. It is about control.

kingsjester on August 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Living wills are a good thing, had Terri Schiavo had one things may have been very different for her.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Then the Democrat leadership should educate, not mandate.

Who do you want making your end of life decisions? Washington?

TN Mom on August 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I had to look for a while (seeing as how she’s pretty much hijacked this thread) , but I finally found something worth repeating.

Ms. Troll, there is a solution to your problem in New York.

“DLTDHYITAOTWO.”

Blacksmith8 on August 10, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Maybe you shouldn’t worry about me so much and if it took you a while to find that?

I wouldn’t admit that….

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:41 PM

And what about all the yelling and hollering you did about the executives in Detroit and on Wall Street?

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I was yelling:

LET THE (FREE) MARKETS WORK!

No one would listen..

TN Mom on August 10, 2009 at 7:43 PM

What about the salaries of the executives??

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 6:54 PM

What about them? Why do you hate executives so much? What about the salaries of the congresscritters trying to force fascism on us? What about the money George Soros has?

jdawg on August 10, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Then the Democrat leadership should educate, not mandate.

Who do you want making your end of life decisions? Washington?

TN Mom on August 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Absolutely not, that is why everyone should have a living will.

So Washington and the gov’t doesn’t. You are missing that point in the bill.

It is directly people to those – like my father – a lawyer – who can do a living will for them. Or you can do one on your own, you do not need an attorney – so they do not have the government making their end of life decisions.

Your post further proves my problems with the distractions, i.e. death panels etc.

It’s so ridiculous. You have to take what’s real and leave the rest of the crap – from the Far Right and The Far Left – or else you will get no where in the debate.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:47 PM

You know what – you are so rude it’s unfathomable.

I am hardly looking for a handout, and I would never want one or would never qualify for one in this life, I have far too much, financially and in just in general.

But one thing is for sure – I want you to ignore me, please.

I am far too ill and trying so hard to remain positive in this life.

You are a major negative downer and a distraction – and I want nothing to do with you.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Well, with all due respect, why are you here? This site celebrates debate and free expression. If all you want are people bashing regular citizens, go to Kos, or DU. Here, we debate issues.

jdawg on August 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM

You know what – you are so rude it’s unfathomable.

But, it’s not rude when you say it? LOL

You have insurance, you’re not a charity case, you have a husband and family, but you want to pay less. And in order for you to pay less, you want every one else to pay more in taxes, more in premiums, and decrease our quality of healthcare.

But one thing is for sure – I want you to ignore me, please.

Stop making outrageous statements and demands and I will.

I am far too ill and trying so hard to remain positive in this life.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:25 PM

You’re on the internet insulting people right and left and starting flame wars in every thread. Sounds like the same old april to me.

p.s.: I want nothing to do with you, either.

Blake on August 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM

The problem for the donks for at least the past 40 years has been that they have largely defined themselves as having only one enemy for all occasions: conservatives in general, and Republicans in particular.

They are perfectly capable of waging total war, but only against their domestic political opposition.

Indeed, one wonders what the donks would do if space aliens were to teleport all the Republicans off the planet overnight. My guess is that they’d be completely at a loss for what to do, before becoming a real-life imitation of the movie, “Idiocracy.”

Spurius Ligustinus on August 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM

H/T to Thomas Sowell who made a point I will paraphrase. In ’65 a new Ford Mustang was around $3500, today with all the bells and whistles it is about $40,000. In ’65 there wasn’t ABS brakes, power sterring, air-conditioning, 10 spkr- multidisc cd players, elec windows, remote start/unlock or GPS.

These are all the advances that we pay for that is then reflected in the disparate price of the machines.

The same is true, if not more so by a factor of 100 in medicine. Can anyone imagine a GI amputee of that era being able to return to a combat role in wartime? This is now common occurence and a testament to our soldiers’ valor that they choose to do so.

It sounds callous possibly, but as one who does not have insurance myself at age 45, quit whining! If you want all the bells and whistles, you are going to have to PAY FOR THEM!
Get over it.

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM

jdawg on August 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Exactly, I am the regular citizen who is asking for honest debate and civility at the meetings.

But guess what – I’m not leaving here. You can ignore me and I will do the same for you, as I will do with Blake.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM

jdawg on August 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM

One other thing – you guys try to make this site exactly like DU and KOS.

Whenever anyone doesn’t tow your line – you want to villify them.

I am the free thinker, not you.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:58 PM

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM

If you keep bringing up my name, you’re not ignoring me. And if you were asking for honest debate, you wouldn’t misrepresent those against giving you a handout arguments.

Blake on August 10, 2009 at 8:04 PM

But everyone had a problem with the price gouging in the oil companies – these guys are doing the same.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 6:59 PM

This is an absolute crock of shyte! For every penny an oil company makes in profit, the Guv makes 3.81 cents taxes!If the oil co’s are “greedy”, what pray tell is the Guv who is “gouging” you for nearly 4x’s as much?

The oil co’s on a thin margin still turn record profits, innovate new techologies and regularly perform engineering master-peices to provide a necessity. The Guv cannot do nada with 4x’s the margin and operates at a loss doings so.

What moron on earth thinks giving them the banks, the auto industry os our medical system is going to produce results any differntly? Are you insane?

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I love Megyn Kelly

xax on August 10, 2009 at 8:07 PM

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Bill O’Reiully covered the oil companies in detail, and I believe him, they were gouging the public.

I do not support government healthcare, just lifting the state regulations.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:12 PM

To the person who left the threat:

If you come near his family again, Mike Sola’s gonna f%^& you up!!

Hahahahaha.

xax on August 10, 2009 at 8:15 PM

If we are going to do this ‘Chicago Style’, then can we start getting our Chicago Typewriters? I mean, when doing Chitown politics do it like the real movers do it… not these prissy ‘activist’ types… otherwise its lots of one-finger keystrokes when only one should do it.

ajacksonian on August 10, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I already had a living will – my dad drew one up for me during Terri Schiavo; at that time I was recently back out of remission and unmarried.

Now I am married and we have a will togther stating our end of life wants.

But I can assure you the Death Panels are a distraction – there are no Death Panels. That’s like a Birthers deal, The Far Right throwing crap up on the wall and hoping it sticks.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM

No death panels hmmmm I don’t think so.

My father has heart disease and has had numerous life saving procedures because of this health insurance – for which I’m sure he pays more than you do a month for.

These life saving procedures would either be delayed or outlawed under Obamacare. To me that is a death panel.

If we are wrong – what harm is there?
If you and the Democrats are wrong – my Dad dies.

I know which side I’m on

gophergirl on August 10, 2009 at 8:16 PM

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Frankly, April, you’re an idiot. In fact, I looked up idiot in my dictionary, and I swear it said, “see AprilOrit.” No kidding.

jdawg on August 10, 2009 at 8:17 PM

One other thing – you guys try to make this site exactly like DU and KOS.

Whenever anyone doesn’t tow your line – you want to villify them.

I am the free thinker, not you.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:58 PM

No, when idiots spout stupid garbage, we point it out and counter it. You simply can’t handle it.

jdawg on August 10, 2009 at 8:19 PM

kingsjester on August 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Anotherr point that is not being made in the US/Euro comparison is that, The only way the Euro’s have beeen able to afford their current disaster is that we over the last 7 decades have provided for their defense.

This will be amply demonstrated towards year end when KFOR (Balkans)is dissolved as a NATO misson and becomes a EU one.
The Kosovars and The Serbs are again on the brink and the US has been the only viable deterrent to further atrocities. Me thinks we shall again witness mayhem and bloodshed as the US forces pull out.

And Putin will take one look at Barry and I doubt will be as restrained as the Russians were last time around, especially in light of their actions in Georgia!

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 8:19 PM

ajacksonian on August 10, 2009 at 8:16 PM

As a Former Marine, I only need one round, and I use the BRASS technique – Breathe, Relax, Aim, Sight, Squeeze – sight alignment and sight picture. Failing that, I’ll just go full auto, or call in an air strike.

jdawg on August 10, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 8:19 PM

kingsjester on August 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I can defend myself as I see fit, and I never said I supported socialized medicine.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:23 PM

As Bill O’Reilly just said – about The Far Right and Far Left hating a sitting Presdient –

Once you get into that hate zone – all debate is flawed.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 8:19 PM

kingsjester on August 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:23 PM

King, mixed up your trolls. Anninca supports socialized medicine…but you’re on the right track, neither one has two braincells to rub together.

BTW, how’s married life?

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Then, if your argument is simply for inter-state insurance competition and pre-existing coniditions, why have you been cutting down all the Conservatives on this site for the last two hours? An Ego-building exercise? The issues you are concerned with do not require the passing of Socialist legislation like this.

kingsjester on August 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I do not support government healthcare, just lifting the state regulations.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:12 PM

You miss the point. If they are gouging in their provision of a commodity at 1 cent. And the guv for ZERO service rendered in the the same transaction (actually active undermine said activity) is lifting 3.81 cents outta your wallet. Who precisely is the greater crook?

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Once you get into that hate zone – all debate is flawed.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Then lets debate – I made a valid response to your argument about no death panels – let’s debate

gophergirl on August 10, 2009 at 8:29 PM

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Fantastic. I know the difference between the two. However, April has been arguing for 2 hours just for the sake of arguing. See, my earlier post.

kingsjester on August 10, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I am far too ill and trying so hard to remain positive in this life.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:25 PM

You do this every time you paint yourself into a corner. A lot of people here have medical problems or tough situations…stop attacking and then playing the victim.

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM

BTW, how’s married life?

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM

It’s wonderful, without my husband I would probably have let go and died.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM

kingsjester on August 10, 2009 at 8:29 PM

That is good news. You make sure you two go on a honeymoon every year just for the hell of it.
April will eventually start arguing with herself.

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:32 PM

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Face/palm! I am not threatening you, you dolt! I am making an economic argument. The billions the Euro’s use to subsidize their system would not exist if they had had to pay for their defense. Try keeping up with the rest of the class will ya?

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM

BTW, how’s married life?

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM

It’s wonderful, without my husband I would probably have let go and died.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I wasn’t asking you, but thanks for sharing.

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I understand people have problems, I was asking for the reform of opening up the state market place and I fear they screaming will cloud the discussion – was my point.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:34 PM

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM

See I didn’t see it as an attack as much as calling out people for being purposely disingenuous – becuase they hate the sitting president.

Like the Far Left did to Bush over the war, same deal.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:37 PM

April, please stop using O’Reilly as an example of someone who doesn’t even understand supply and demand let a lone the commodities market. He’s a nice man who means well but it is beyond his comprehension and both of you are unwilling to admit it.

We do have the opportunity to do something with coverage but it won’t be with this Bill or these people. They have not allowed one suggestion from Republicans into the Bill. Until they starts small and reasonable reform instead of a power grab I am going to encourage everyone to keep yelling.

Cindy Munford on August 10, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I wasn’t asking you, but thanks for sharing.

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I’m sorry – didn’t you address me with that question?

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I wasn’t asking you, but thanks for sharing.

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM
I’m sorry – didn’t you address me with that question?

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:38 PM

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:40 PM

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:34 PM

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Like the Far Left did to Bush over the war, same deal.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:37 PM

People are angry. People are not being represented by their elected officials and they are mad about it. Of course they are going to lash out. It is time that the government understand that we will not stand by silently while our country is being turned into a socialist slushfund.
Now, you attack and then play the victim. You are known for it. You have to get what you give.

HornetSting on August 10, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I am far too ill and trying so hard to remain positive in this life.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Quite seriously my dear, the above statement is nought but demonstrative of a weak carachter. One must allow nothing a smal as a differing opinion to affect “outlook” to such an extent.

No wonder you seek Gubmint subsidies for your own responsibilities & wellfare. You plainly have not teh fortitude to face life by your own merits. I would greatly recommend reading Rand and try becoming the master of your own life. Though misery loves company, I dain to not join you subservient slavery by looking to the Guv for anything.

Seek help child.

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Trying to hard to sound smart just makes you look stupid.

Nonfactor on August 10, 2009 at 8:49 PM

The philosophy of the Left is to reduce population. I was trained in this view in my liberal school by my biology professor: The biggest problems in the world are man-made and can be man-solved, by eliminating man. Make sense? It does on a sophomoric level. But who gets eliminated? Ideological enemies are the first target. Next are the infirm, the elderly, the useless. Sound familiar? So when Obongo is called a Nazi, it’s because it’s the truth.

leftnomore on August 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM

April -

Since you aren’t going to respond to my posts – I’m not waiting around all night.

Just remember if this doesn’t pass – you will have one of us crazy nutroots that are screaming at the top of our lungs to thank for the life saving treatment you may need some day.

I know that my father will thank them the next time he gets a much needed angiogram or rare treatment. See unlike you – he values the free market society and the insurance companies – high premiums or not.

gophergirl on August 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Nonfactor on August 10, 2009 at 8:49 PM

And of course I would misspell too in that sentence. At least I didn’t add the words “quite” and “my dear” to my post.

Nonfactor on August 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I wasn’t speaking with you – I was addressing Blake.

April -

gophergirl on August 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Some of those people who are screaming and yelling and not getting answers.

I never said I supported socilaized medicine.

I would merely like to have more choice for less money.

Who wouldn’t?

As for the death panels? Still ain’t buying it.

And why is your father being denied care/ I have to fight for some thing – but I am getting them.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Oh, lord! I just heard the news on the radio and they are misrepresenting what Palin said about death panels and then pretending to refute it. What a bunch of dishonest hacks!

Blake on August 10, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I wasn’t speaking with you – I was addressing Blake.

So much for ignoring me.

I would merely like to have more choice for less money. Who wouldn’t?

You want it at other people’s expense. It’s not going to happen.

As for the death panels? Still ain’t buying it.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 9:01 PM

No surprise. You have a history of being truth challenged.

Blake on August 10, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Mr. Ding Dong Dingle is an Old Bastard! Vote him out…He Sounds Confused and Disoriented and unable to answer to answer a few simple questions put forth by Mike Sola.

He clearly has stopped working in the best interest of his constituents.

Remember to Vote in your next election…..Your vote does count!

BigMike252 on August 10, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Bullshit, pure bullshit – partisan dribble.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Yes you are full of it now go away and die libturd. At least crawl back under your rock

bill30097 on August 10, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Testing…

Lanceman on August 10, 2009 at 9:57 PM

AprilOrit

Which means you’re as big an idiot as he is.

xblade on August 10, 2009 at 10:25 PM

The thing liberals cannot understand is that life is NOT FAIR. Liberalism = envy, petty jealousy and condescending (non-realistic) attitudes.

Some people are rich, some poor – some become rich after being poor for long periods of time. Some are born rich and become poor. Some are pretty or smart or athletic. Some are dim, ugly, clumsy. Life is NOT EQUAL – life is a friggin crapshoot. Liberals wanna smooth it all out in a fuzzy warm equality zone, but life does not tolerate such unachievable nonsense.

Obama is their new found equality god – they “feel” redeemed by him (damn emotional bunch) as if he can somehow save them each, one by one. It is mentally exhausting thinking how aggrieved libs are each and every day. They don’t seem capable of the very empathy they champion.

Ris4victory on August 10, 2009 at 10:34 PM

AprilOrit,
You have insurance that you pay for, correct? You got a policy that shows exactly what the insurance will pay for each problem you have, right? You get a bill that shows you what your policy will cost you every month, right? Well, how about Obama giving the American people a policy that explains what his plan covers and how much it will cost each citizen a month? Then, we will decide whether or not to buy a policy from him. Fair?

gordo on August 10, 2009 at 11:36 PM

But some reform has to be done

On this point. I agree with you. There needs to be some serious problems fixed in the health care system. However, even a six year old can tell you that not all change is good. If we’re going to go around changing things, fine, but you better be careful about things, and be ready to undo some changes if things get worse. Is that too much to ask?

– you just can’t show up at a meeting and scream and yell and accomplish nothing.

These actions aren’t an end unto themselves. We’re trying to communicate with a congress and senate that has increasingly become disconnected with the people they’re supposed to represent. We’re only getting very active now because (a) lately things have gotten very screwy and (b) death is on the line.

Do you think we’d do this if a phone call or a letter would suffice? It would simply be too much effort.

People should be allowed to cross over state lines to buy cheaper policies is the reform I am talking about, like Huckabee suggested when he ran.

Ah yes, that problem. You know what caused that problem my good friend? HMO’s. You know what caused HMO’s to come to existence?

Government intervention. Courtesy of the Clintons and Ted Kennedy.

By all means: if you trust the government to be capable of fixing it please continue. It’s just that a good number of the people don’t.

But even if you say that you are told to shut up and are called a Democrat and a Socialist.

We’re just calling it like it is. For eight years our kind and our president was called a Nazi and a Fascist. We didn’t care because we had bigger issues to worry about. It’s different now. This is the biggest issue to worry about. You guys got angry over every little problem from 2001 to 2009. Now we have a serious issue that we feel needs to be talked about and en masse we’re being told to shut up by our own president.

Turnabout is fair play until it happens to you it seems.

it’s like – why do these people feel the need to protect big insurance??

it’s like – why do these people feel the need to protect big insurance??

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 6:52 PM

How ’bout this: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Why scrap the whole car if the brake pads are getting worn? It works. Not perfectly, but it works. Sure, it could use a tune up, but it doesn’t require scrapping the whole thing and starting from scratch to improve it.

If it was a set of small changes… one change at a time that could be easily undone if things went sour… I’m pretty sure most if not all Americans would be willing to at least give it a try. A set of smaller bills passed in succession after healthy debate… instead of some monstrous 1000+ page bill that would take years to properly deliberate over.

Is it too much to ask not to put all our eggs in one basket? After all, it’s us who will ultimately have to deal with the consequences of this reform… on top of paying for it.

Chaz706 on August 11, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Look, before we have university healthcare, we need universal 3 squares a day. How am I to remain healthy making food choices myself? I am way too stupid to be a good servant to the state. I need a local place to go pick up my food allocation for the week. It should be green, organic, and healthy. Until I have my food choices removed, I can never be a responsible member of the collective.

daesleeper on August 11, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Archimedes on August 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I support the thrust of your argument but you’re off a bit.
In 1965 a fastback Mustang with V8 and a 4 speed trany was $2652.00. and while it didn’t have

ABS brakes, power steering, air-conditioning, 10 spkr- multidisc cd players, elec windows, remote start/unlock or GPS.

it also didn’t have Washington mandated;
15 mph bumpers,air bags,pop out windshield,mpg standards, EPA standards, etc,etc,etc.

It was a relatively inexpensive car.
Built while this country was still relatively FREE
That’s exactly what happens when Washington fixes things for us.

oldernwiser on August 11, 2009 at 7:29 AM

What about the salaries of the executives??

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 6:54 PM

As was pointed out in an earlier article that Chief Executives are only #12 (with Entertainers and Professional Athletes being the top) on the Bureau of Labor Statistics list top salaried positions.

14 of the top 17 positions are DOCTORS.

But I guess you don’t care about how we treat doctors… after all… who needs them!

dominigan on August 11, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Mike Sola = misinformed IDIOT, not to mention a rude, disrespectful ass.

Dave Rywall on August 11, 2009 at 10:20 AM

GO Dingle GO!

/s

TwinkietheKid on August 11, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Dingle will rot in hell with all the other Democrats.

Jeff from WI on August 11, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Dingle is another lying sack of crap.SEIU thugs try to intimidate this family. I hope they’re packin’

Jeff from WI on August 11, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Mike Sola = misinformed IDIOT, not to mention a rude, disrespectful ass.

Dave Rywall on August 11, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean, imagine getting angry that his son will not be taken care of in the new plan.
Imagine being angry when threatened with your life from liberal goons.
And the audacity of Mike exposing this hack for lying about the amendment…imagine, he actually forced that political hack into lying about the bill.
Rywall, it never occurs to you that your people have to lie to you, to get you to support the bill…and you accept that, you actually embrace that.
You are why we laugh at liberals, they accept lies as truth, as long as it supports their “cause”.

right2bright on August 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Jeff from WI on August 11, 2009 at 11:03 AM

He gave a warning, he was threatened with his life.
I hope it doesn’t happen, but it would be interesting if he did shoot one of the goons late at night.

right2bright on August 11, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Imagine being angry when threatened with your life from liberal goons.

right2bright on August 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM
——–
Imagine being so misinformed that you make yourself and your child look like fools on national tv. That’s Sola.

Why don’t you talk about Death Panels. That’s really smart too.

Dave Rywall on August 11, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I do not support government healthcare, just lifting the state regulations.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Maybe this is a little off-topic, but Bill O’Reilly is flat wrong about oil companies. He was trying to make a price-gouging argument by complaining that when crude oil prices dropped from $140 per barrel to $45 per barrel (a 68% drop), gasoline prices dropped from about $4.40 per gallon to $1.80 per gallon, or “only” a 59% drop.

The problem is, even if the oil companies didn’t make ANY profit, there are fixed costs associated with converting crude oil to gasoline. Crude oil needs to be shipped from its source to a refinery. Refinery operations require heat (which is obtained by burning some of the products of crude oil), and people to operate the refineries and fix things that go wrong, and these people must be paid. Finished products (not only gasoline, but diesel fuel, jet fuel, home heating oil, and asphalt) need to be delivered from the refinery to market, and this also costs money.

The profit made by an oil company would be equal to the revenue on products sold – taxes – fixed costs – cost of crude. If the cost of crude is cut in half but the fixed costs remain “fixed”, the price of gasoline would decline by less than 50% at constant profits.

The profits made by oil companies seem large in absolute-dollar terms, but are a modest fraction of the price of fuel at the pump, usually less than 10%. The oil-refining industry is extremely competitive, and the largest oil company (Exxon-Mobil) only controls 3% of the world’s oil reserves–no one can “corner” a market with a 3% market share!

While the American oil industry is very competitive, which tends keep prices down, many petroleum-rich countries (such as Saudi Arabia, Iran, Venezuela, Mexico, and Brazil) have nationalized their oil-drilling industries, meaning that these countries have a government-controlled monopoly that seeks to maximize tax revenues by shrinking supplies in times of slack demand. The free market no longer works between private competitors, but between politically-manipulated monopolies, which can tie oil-supply policy to foreign or military policy, in effect using oil to blackmail countries that need it.

As long as the USA burns more oil than in produces, we will be at their mercy, and there are two ways to solve this problem–either cut consumption (use cars less, or use more fuel-efficient cars) or develop our own supplies, such as the trillion barrels of shale oil under the Rockies, which could supply our needs for over a century. But if the Democrats really want us to be energy-independent, why don’t they allow or enable development of the huge gusher under the Rockies?

Don’t blame the oil companies–their profits are minimal compared to those of Government, both domestic and foreign.

Steve Z on August 11, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Death panels come in many forms, Drywall, and operate in many ways. Go look up the case of John D’Amico and talk to me.

either orr on August 11, 2009 at 11:56 AM

My link didn’t show! I thought I included the link to Dingle making his “KKK” remark, , and it didn’t show.

A full half hour before Ed posted it in a different thread.

I scooped you Ed! :-p

TwinkietheKid on August 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM

either orr on August 11, 2009 at 11:56 AM
———
Death panels like the ones Americans experience every day?

Like, say, this guy?

“You have no idea what it’s like to be called into a sterile conference room with a hospital administrator you’ve never met before and be told that your mother’s insurance policy will only pay for 30 days in ICU. You can’t imagine what it’s like to be advised that you need to “make some decisions,” like whether your mother should be released “HTD” which is hospital parlance for “home to die,” or if you want to pay out of pocket to keep her in the ICU another week. And when you ask how much that would cost you are given a number so impossibly large that you realize there really are no decisions to make. The decision has been made for you. “Living will” or no, it doesn’t matter. The bank account and the insurance policy have trumped any legal document. ”

Death Panels: you’ve already got them.

Dave Rywall on August 11, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Remind me again which group is more like the klan?

alliebobbitt on August 11, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Is this one back?

Death Panels: you’ve already got them.

Dave Rywall on August 11, 2009 at 12:26 PM

No, idiot. Everybody dies. But you have a much better chance of living, if you can get an appt to see a doctor before your funeral.

alliebobbitt on August 11, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I realize this. But some of us – who pay high premiums anyway – need a break. I already had my insurance – which I pay for – before I got sick.

AprilOrit on August 10, 2009 at 7:04 PM

You need a break? On my back? That makes you a thief.

Sorry.

spmat on August 11, 2009 at 12:32 PM

alliebobbitt on August 11, 2009 at 12:29 PM
——
Ahhhh, didn’t read my post. That’s why you wrote this stupid sh1t.

Dave Rywall on August 11, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Why don’t you talk about Death Panels. That’s really smart too.

Dave Rywall on August 11, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Thanks for pointing out where I misstated or was wrong…oh wait, you forgot, you just called names.
Such is the argument of the left.
Make a foolish statement (or introduce a foolish bill), and when dissent comes, ridicule the person…but can’t defend the foolish statement or bill.
Thanks for showing us how a liberal debates.

right2bright on August 11, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Democrats are almost always the first to throw down the gauntlet and break with civil tradition. This was tame compared to what I’ve seen the liberals do.

This man did what he felt was necessary to get our attention. It worked.

We are in a fight for our very lives and few yet realize it.

scotash on August 12, 2009 at 1:02 AM