MSNBC anchor: Is “socialist” the new “N-word”?

posted at 6:21 pm on August 10, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via the ‘Busters. Let’s address his question with a thought experiment. If the very caucasian President Hillary had pushed through an $800 billion stimulus atrocity, taken control of General Motors and fired the company’s chairman, passed cap-and-trade, and then made her move on universal health care, you think any angry conservatives might have dropped the S-bomb on her? Have conservatives ever been known to call Hillary Clinton a socialist in the past, perchance? Then there’s your answer.

This clip goes hand in hand with Cynthia Tucker’s moronic guesstimate that 45-65 percent of town hall protesters are probably racist. It’s precisely because racism is such a radioactive accusation that the left is willing to play fast and loose with the evidence, to the point where they’ll declare something like the Obama/Joker poster “racial” simply by free-associating their way from the image itself to some racist stereotype they can use against the right. Philip Kennicott, the author of that WaPo piece, said it as well as anyone could: “I think race operates in popular culture under the level of explicit consciousness.” In other words, even if you’re not consciously a racist, you’re a racist subconsciously so long as some liberal can free-associate an argument that you are. Neat how that works.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

I’ll believe it when dip-$hit rappers start using it to describe how bad-a$$ed they are. Socialist please…

Claypigeon on August 11, 2009 at 2:00 PM

WE ARE OFFICIALLY LIVING IN A POST-RACIAL ERA: not because there is peace and harmony between the races, but because 29/30 stories I hear where someone cries RACISM are bogus. This guy is a traitor to his race to take such concrete action to further make the word meaningless, yawn-inducing, and impotent. Just like him.

Simona on August 11, 2009 at 2:10 PM

If this means that just saying the word socialist makes certain people go crazy, this is great news.

Much fun will be had.

Moesart on August 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM

We always have to make stupidity into a race thing don’t we.

workingforpigs on August 11, 2009 at 5:42 PM

There is a good reason why Jews, Hispanics and blacks vote for the Dems and don’t pretend you don’t know the reason why.

liberal343 on August 10, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Sorry to those who have moved beyond this person already but I got to this post late (obviously) and had to respond…

Honestly, sir/madam, I find that manner of thinking far more racist than anything the GOP does as a matter of party policy.

As someone who partially falls into the ‘Hispanic’ category. (I’m half German and half Catalonian) It is really disgusting and condescending when Dems assume they have your vote because your name is vaguely Spanish sounding.

In fact when I registered to vote when I was 18 I initially ended up attempting to do it in Cook County-very Liberal county (I lived in DuPage-GOP stronghold) when I handed back the form I accidentally didn’t mark a party affiliation and the guy marked something on there and when I asked him what he wrote he said ‘oh I put you down as a Democrat since…ya know’

Now, I am lily white. Most people don’t even know where Catalonia is so he was basing it solely on the Spanish sounding last name. I literally grabbed the sheet back from him and ripped it up. He looked shocked and raised a fuss as if I was the one who was in the wrong.
When I went to register again, this time in DuPage county, as a matter of experiment I intentionally left that box blank again. The guy looked at it and said ‘hey, you need to mark affiliation if you wanna vote in the primaries’ I thanked him for not assuming I was a Dem and he responded ‘why would anyone assume party affiliation based on nothing more than name and address? That’s silly’

But that’s Cook County Dems for ya.

MannyT-vA on August 11, 2009 at 5:50 PM

The title: MSNBC is the new n-word.

jarhead0311 on August 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I’ve noticed some African Americans in high visibility jobs like this man tend to view everything as racism.

This is a highly dangerous mentality to have, especially when he’s using it to try and silence dissent.

Racial political correctness will destroy our country if we allow it to continue. This man is a charlatan.

scotash on August 12, 2009 at 1:30 AM

The new “N” word is Nazi. As in National Socialist.

adamsmith on August 12, 2009 at 4:36 AM

Since when is it impossible to be black and socialist?

I have called a great many rich white guys socialist, and they deserved it, too.

el gordo on August 12, 2009 at 4:56 AM